Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Feed Discussion: Watch People Sleep All Day!

• Start Topic

Maybe, John can win POV & use it on James. Then, Vanessa would go ape shit & have to use it on Austwins. With a double eviction Vanesaa can't play for veto, right? So, either John or Meg win HOH ( highly doubtful) and, nominate Vanessa & Austwins in the DE. Once again, it will never happen but it would make Thursday a little less predictable.

That's going to be hard considering John's not playing for veto. It's Vanessa, Meg, James, Julia, Liz and Austin

Edited by bobthefrog

I became a little mesmerized about an hour ago watching Austin straighten his hair.  That's some crazy #$# right there!

I don't get it.

Isn't he going for the crazed, barbarian look - or Heathcliff on the Moors?  

Why straighten that?  

• Love 3

I became a little mesmerized about an hour ago watching Austin straighten his hair.  That's some crazy #$# right there!

I don't get it.

Isn't he going for the crazed, barbarian look - or Heathcliff on the Moors?  

Why straighten that?  

Harry Potter: The Steroid Years, maybe?

• Love 3

Reference my comments a few days ago about how having the twins in the House together brings out the worst in both of them.

That's a generous supposition that there exists a best in both of them. :)

• Love 3

I'm still rooting for Vanessa but it's partly because I don't want to be a flip-flopping quitter!

I'm switching my emotional allegiance to Johnny Mac - the guy no one can figure out. I'm going to believe he's plotting to get Austin, Liz, and Julia out of the house. I'll also be rooting for Steve 'cause he loves his mother.

FYI

Thing is, if John goes up, he goes out, right?

But yeah, either way, the amusing thing is that Vanessa will have to commit to one side or the other, as there's no way to play this off as being loyal to John/Steve or the Austwins. Which is, in and of itself, a hilarious situation for us to be in as fans. 

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Love 1

OH MY GOD YES.

Ok, now Vanessa, do the smart thing...and THROW LIZ UP THERE AND GET HER OUT, GODDAMNIT.

Ok, I know it may not be the best move for her, but it would be such an amazing move for the rest of us watching. And it might be good for Vanessa in the long run (maybe not so much short term).

• Love 5

OH MY GOD YES.

Ok, now Vanessa, do the smart thing...and THROW LIZ UP THERE AND GET HER OUT, GODDAMNIT.

Ok, I know it may not be the best move for her, but it would be such an amazing move for the rest of us watching. And it might be good for Vanessa in the long run (maybe not so much short term).

Sign me up!!!  I want some great action!

Just wanna skip this week and pretend the fantasy of James and Vanessa teaming up against the Austwins is still possible...

The whole game turns on your fantasy.  If there is some way to get James to really see that he needs to work with Vanessa against the Three Amigos then there is hope that someone else could win.  Then Vanessa puts up Liz, all hell breaks loose and there is a possibility that Austin and Julia simply self destruct.  But does James know that he needs to do that.  Or will Vanessa simply use Steve as a pawn and then they will vote out Meg?????

• Love 3

I think we all know that Vanessa won't put up any of the Austwins. It'll be between Steve and John. If she puts up Steve, it's because she wants Meg out. If she puts up John, then I think he's gone. BIG SIGH. I just want someone to win HOH that will put up Austin and Liz. And if John goes, then pretty much no one will put them up. Meg and James will put up Vanessa, and Vanessa will get evicted. Steve might put up Austin and Liz, but if James/Meg are both still in the game, I think he'd put them up. And Vanessa is stuck on her Final 4 with them.

Ever since Becky's HOH, I've been screaming at these idiots to win HOH and break up the showmance. And apparently, it's never going to happen. I'm not kidding, I won't be surprised at all if the Final 2 is Austin/Liz, Austin/Julia, or Julia/Liz. I'm expecting it at this point.

• Love 3

All James needs to do is to sit Vanessa down one on one right before the veto ceremony, and tell her that he is willing to work with her, John and Steve to get out Austin/Liz/Julia, and when they do that, then they can turn on each other whenever. If he can convince her that working together until Austin/Liz are gone will be better for her game, and if she actually can put aside her paranoia to believe him, then Liz could very well go up and they can vote her out. All he has to do is say that he wants the twins split up, John/Steve are clearly for the twins leaving and they can all protect one another from Austin and Julia because they'd have the numbers. If he does this right before the ceremony, and before she can talk to anyone, then it could work. But I don't know if James is thinking about making that deal (aka, Vanessa's favourite thing to do) in order to have him and Meg both survive this week.

• Love 2

5:25 PM James whispers to Meg he'll try to make deal with twins to keep Meg & will tell Vanessa to her face he's going after her.

Idk what he's thinking. 

• Love 4

The thing is, Vanessa needs "Reasons". She has none right now to go against the Austwins, and she doesn't trust James. I think she'll do the safe thing for her, put up Steve with Meg being the boot. I think she knows if she put up Johnny Mac, the Austwins would boot him, which means she loses someone who is pretty vocal about going against the twins. Booting Meg means she loses someone who would go after her, although I laugh just typing that because.....Meg.

I know one thing, we can all expect a LOT of conversations between Vanessa and a LOT of people. She will be talking more than ever before, I guarantee it. It's going to be a loooong time until that Veto ceremony.

• Love 3

Oh, James. But Vanessa only has herself to blame. Her social game is pretty bad.

Agree. But GOD I wanna root for James so badly, but he does stuff like that, and I just can't. He was pissed after the nom ceremony and said something like Vanessa is handing the check to Austin and the twins, but he's essentially willing to do the same thing because he just doesn't like her.

At this point, Vanessa should be looking like a pretty good F2 option for people, since everyone on the jury hates her. I'm not sure there's anyone she would beat, except maybe Meg.

• Love 2

I can't see James working with Vanessa even for a second, but I hope I'm wrong. I just think James hates Vanessa and is incapable of separating "will keep me from winning $500,000" from "cool person to hang out with for the summer."

Do not put John up, Vanessa -- do what's best for your game. There is zero reason for you to keep Meg. She's a number against you and always will be. You'll have betrayed nobody and you'll have booted the goat everyone wants to drag to the end.

At this point, Meg is not a waste of an HoH. Time to send the camper home, and everybody else can get back to playing Big Brother.

• Love 3

Agree. But GOD I wanna root for James so badly, but he does stuff like that, and I just can't. He was pissed after the nom ceremony and said something like Vanessa is handing the check to Austin and the twins, but he's essentially willing to do the same thing because he just doesn't like her.

I know. But honestly, I feel like I can't really blame him because I would probably be the same way lol.

• Love 2

Is it possible Vanessa (speaking now to Julia) is overplaying her disappointment that James won the veto?  When Julia suggested Johnny Mac, Vanessa shot down that idea.  And when Julia just now suggested Steve she didn't say 'of course'.  Could she be glad that James will be forcing her hand?  She'll put Austin up as a pawn because of course the twins would vote for him to stay.  And then...they'd switch it up.  

Edited by Vicky

The thing is, Vanessa needs "Reasons". She has none right now to go against the Austwins, and she doesn't trust James. I think she'll do the safe thing for her, put up Steve with Meg being the boot. I think she knows if she put up Johnny Mac, the Austwins would boot him, which means she loses someone who is pretty vocal about going against the twins. Booting Meg means she loses someone who would go after her, although I laugh just typing that because.....Meg.

I know one thing, we can all expect a LOT of conversations between Vanessa and a LOT of people. She will be talking more than ever before, I guarantee it. It's going to be a loooong time until that Veto ceremony.

Oh, I know. I'm ok with Meg leaving, but I just really need Vanessa to see that she has to put aside her differences and work with James temporarily to get rid of her actual biggest targets. Vanessa is more alone than she realizes, and she really only has John/Steve, and they're more of a duo. Putting up either of them is pointless at the moment. Who knows if they'll get the chance to backdoor one of the Austwins successfully anyway. It's just frustrating, because I look back at season 15 and I remember Elissa deciding, too late I might add, that she needs to work with Aaryn, her mortal enemy, to get rid of a bigger target (Amanda). Sure it was way too late by that point, but it was actually a really smart move if she had thought of it earlier, and IF Amanda hadn't have won veto. I actually thought that was my favourite twist of that season, because who would have thought that Elissa would have agreed to keep Aaryn around? And she even was willing to vote out Spencer that week to work with Aaryn. She thought ahead. 

But Vanessa? Her brain thinks of so many things, I'm surprised it hasn't sunk in that the Austwins are the bigger threat this week, and one she can help take down. I know that she would screw her own game, but my god if it worked and if Austin/Julia didn't win HOH for DE, and two people of that alliance would be gone on Thursday. Now is not the time to really play it safe, anymore. She could be gone next week like that. So, she needs to really drink some caffeine, settle down and look at the long term plan. She has already thought about it, shown with her worries about jury. Now look at the other side, Vanessa, and see that you can make a really big move and people will respect it more than REASONS. 

• Love 4

All this and a DE. O my goooooduh!

Vanessa almost has to put up Steve or John, but is she worried about how they spilled the beans the last time that happened? But is it safer to try to convince a twin to go up as a pawn? I'm sure Vanessa's brain is working I overdrive -- whirring and circling and computing scenarios.

Vanessa is melting down because she will have to make a public stand between her two alliances. And since Steve likely won't be voted out if she chooses Steve as the pawn, she runs the very real risk of Steve/John saying, "Fuck you, we're going after you in DE since you clearly are in an alliance with Austwins."

Plus, James could easily win DE HoH and he will obviously be putting her up if he does.

She has REASONS to be upset right now. 

• Love 3

All this and a DE. O my goooooduh!

Vanessa almost has to put up Steve or John, but is she worried about how they spilled the beans the last time that happened? But is it safer to try to convince a twin to go up as a pawn? I'm sure Vanessa's brain is working I overdrive -- whirring and circling and computing scenarios.

Oh my god, perfect! That could be a bullshit REASON that Vanessa needs to put up Liz! She can say "I'm afraid of Steve or John spilling things to Meg/James, so I need someone else to go up as a pawn to make sure Meg goes, because if Steve/John go up, there's temptation to get them out. Liz, you got the votes to stay. I need to put you up." Not that Liz would ever agree, but...wouldn't it be funny if she did, or if she wasn't that angry, but then got voted out? 

• Love 1

That Vanessa/Julia conversation makes me think she might put up Liz or Julia, so that she can ensure that Meg goes home. Because she doesn't trust the Austwins to vote out Meg over John. But if she puts up Liz, then she'd have the votes. Putting up Steve would solve all her problems IMO but I don't know if that's an option for her or not.

Plus, James could easily win DE HoH and he will obviously be putting her up if he does.

It'll be a questions comp though, and I'm not sure James can beat Steve, John, or Liz in a questions comp.

Vanessa actually flat out told Julia she didn't want to put up Johnny Mac because it would make sense for the Austwins to vote him out, and she has to take that into consideration. Right now I would be shocked if she put him up, but it's Vanessa, so.....

• Love 4

5:50 PM James: "I want to tell you man to man. I'll tell Vanessa straight to her face. If I win HOH, I'm putting her up. She put me up twice for crock of sh*t stuff!"

5:51 PM James tells Austin that if he wins HOH, Vanessa's ass is going on the block and he'll tell her that to her face.

I have no idea what James is doing. Like, does he have some sort of plan, or is he in dgaf mode? Why are the most likable people this season the ones who don't have any sort of cohesive plan or strategy?

• Love 3

I have no idea what James is doing. Like, does he have some sort of plan, or is he in dgaf mode? Why are the most likable people this season the ones who don't have any sort of cohesive plan or strategy?

No...just....JAMES, YOU IDIOT. You can offer Vanessa deals! You can try to save Meg! My god! What are you doing? This is just going to guarantee Meg's eviction! He's not thinking, clearly. If he was, he would be fighting to get one of the twins out.

• Love 2

I don't even know why Vanessa is melting down. Just put Steve up, he's her little lap dog anyway so he won't be mad, and the Austwins wouldn't vote him out.

Can't she just tell him she doesn't want to know they're close again? I've missed this week - is the cat outta the bag?

ETA: Poor James needs someone to do the numbers for him, but he has Meg instead.

Edited by mooses

I think James thinks Steve or Johnny Mac will be the replacement, and telling Austin he's coming after Vanessa will help convince the Austwins to keep Meg. Also, he's really pissed off at Vanessa.

I can't believe the Austwins unbreakable threesome will be in the Final 7, and literally ONLY ONE HOUSEGUEST has specifically said they will target both of them and has every intention to do so. ONE. YALL why do I watch this show? 

Can't she just tell him she doesn't want to know they're close again? I've missed this week - is the cat outta the bag?

I think she doesn't want to risk Steve, because she really does view him as her #2 right now.

• Love 1