Type keyword(s) to search

The NBA

xaxat
  • Start Topic

Just because he works in New York? Why fake it? Ballplayers from all over maintain allegiance to their childhood teams (or a team that moved to the DMV at a later date 😀). I don't see anything wrong with Steph Curry shunning the Giants for the Braves even though he's lived here for 15 years. 

Big nothingburger for me. Root for whom you like. Don't suck up to make the fans like you more. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

KD owes as much to him and the Yankees as Aaron Judge does to him and the Nets.  Not a damn thing.  There’s a lot of stuff you can ding him for, but not caring about the Yanks isn’t one of them.  Or should he also profess his love for the rest of the local teams?

• Love 8
21 hours ago, mojoween said:

I TOTALLY get that, but as someone who works a borough over from the Yankees, and as someone who is on TV because of the network that Aaron Judge is currently the face of, I thought he would be a tad more diplomatic.

KD grew up in DC. He has literally zero reason to like the Yankees.

• Love 5

I swear I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here, but if he doesn’t like the Yankees or even hates the Yankees that’s not at all what I had the issue with.  I think it’s more how dismissive he was and his tone of voice - it was jarring to hear.  That’s all.  He can like who he wants!  And before that very minute I had no idea he was from DC.  I swear because he WENT to Texas, I thought he was FROM Texas.  Silly, I know.

7 hours ago, mojoween said:

I swear I’m not trying to beat a dead horse here, but if he doesn’t like the Yankees or even hates the Yankees that’s not at all what I had the issue with.  I think it’s more how dismissive he was and his tone of voice - it was jarring to hear.  That’s all.

That's who Durant is. Look at how he has repeatedly gone after random critics on the internet (including high school kids) both through his official social media channels and through burner accounts.

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, xaxat said:

That's who Durant is. Look at how he has repeatedly gone after random critics on the internet (including high school kids) both through his official social media channels and through burner accounts.

Yeah, he's generally a surly guy. He couldn't even get along with Steph during his time at Golden State. Steph's like a little Golden Retriever for crissakes. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yeah, he's generally a surly guy. He couldn't even get along with Steph during his time at Golden State. Steph's like a little Golden Retriever for crissakes. 

Actually he got along well with Steph and Klay. He did not get along with Dray.

• Sad 1

There were stories about KD and Steph that emerged after he left. 

As for Dray, he's another strong personality. An alpha. KD needs to be the boss, so of course there was going to be friction there. 

As for Klay, who DOESN'T get along with him? A picture of him in his captain's hat with Rocco is next to "laid back" in the dictionary.😀

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

@Magog must be happy. Steph apparently injured his shoulder. He will get an MRI tomorrow.

Even though those Warriors put a smile on my face by losing yet another road game last night (this time to the Pacers), I take no great joy in seeing my absolute enemy (Steph) getting injured. I'm certain that his shoulder is not that badly injured & that he will only be out a few games. 

BTW, is Wiseman still in that G League?

I'm already seeing those peoples on ESPN being very sad & panicking that their "Golden Boy" being injured & thinking that it could be a season ender. Its bad enough to them that the Lakers suck & now their Warriors are struggling right now with their man possibly being out for a while. Now, they really no one to root for & to bootlick.

5 hours ago, Magog said:

I'm already seeing those peoples on ESPN being very sad & panicking that their "Golden Boy" being injured & thinking that it could be a season ender.

Oh, I didn't see that Bron-bron was injured, too.  Poor thing.

What's wrong with Anthony Davis? Does it have to do with him specifically, or his trainer? Even when he was still in New Orleans, it seems like he can't play more than ten consecutive games without getting injured somehow. Now he's out at least a month with a foot-related injury.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Like 1

Odd mid-season storyline that the teams that couldn't win anything at the beginning of the season now can't STOP winning: the Knicks, Nets, Magic. The Nets and Knicks went from the bottom of the standings to 4th and 6th place. The Magic defeated the mighty Celtics twice.

• Useful 1

Yesterday's Christmas games results were a mixed bag for me. I somewhat enjoyed the 76ers beating up on the Knicks in an OK game (119-112). That buzzer-beater at the end of the 1st half from the 76ers was especially enjoyable. Hopefully, this result will make Adam Silver not put the Knicks on Christmas Day anymore. Its not like we're clamoring to see the Knicks on Christmas. There is nothing special about the Knicks playing in MSG on Christmas Day. 

Other than LeBron being his usual self, the sucky Lakers got their asses kicked by the Mavericks 124-115. I hope that Street Clothes enjoyed watching that performance from the sidelines. It was kind of nap-inducing, but I liked it.

Speaking of nap-inducing, watching the sucky Broncos getting massacred by the sorry Rams on Nickelodeon was more entertaining than the entire Bucks-Celtics game. I would of fell asleep at halftime if I had to suffer through the Celtics blowing out the Bucks (139-118).

And in a surprise to nobody, leave it to those Warriors bringing me sadness on Christmas as usual by them beating up on the Grizzlies 123-109. I was kind of hoping that we get a repeat of that performance against the Nets earlier in the week (giving up 91 points in the 1st half & somehow that wasn't an NBA record). Sadly, we got none of that. The Grizzlies disappointed me again like their did in last season's Playoffs by their effort last night. I'm sure that Steph somewhere was happy with that result. Thankfully, we didn't see him at the game bringing his usual smugness on the bench while his shoulder heals. 

Suns-Nuggets was pretty entertaining. It went to Overtime & Nuggets prevail  128-125. Sadly for both of them, I don't think neither of them will be in the Western Conference Finals. 

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, Magog said:

And in a surprise to nobody, leave it to those Warriors bringing me sadness on Christmas as usual by them beating up on the Grizzlies 123-109. I was kind of hoping that we get a repeat of that performance against the Nets earlier in the week (giving up 91 points in the 1st half & somehow that wasn't an NBA record). Sadly, we got none of that. The Grizzlies disappointed me again like their did in last season's Playoffs by their effort last night. I'm sure that Steph somewhere was happy with that result. Thankfully, we didn't see him at the game bringing his usual smugness on the bench while his shoulder heals. 

So did you just selectively ignore Steph sitting on the bench for the entire game?

image.png.ca94cc625da607ec918700f758783e72.png

• LOL 6
20 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

So did you just selectively ignore Steph sitting on the bench for the entire game?

I didn't realize that he was there last night. I was too irritated by those Warriors winning in a blowout to realize that Steph was at the game. 

I'm not sure if he was there on the bench several days ago when those Warriors gave up 91 points to the Nets in the 1st half. I would of love to see his reaction to that. BTW, how was that not an NBA record? I can't imagine who scored more than 91 points in the 1st half of an NBA game. 

Edited by Magog
1 hour ago, twoods said:

Wow that’s very impressive- 60-21-10? My goodness. 

Watched the second half. He was just unreal. A total circus shot, rebounding his own intentionally missed FT to tie and send the game to OT. Threes from everywhere. He had an uncanny nose for the ball tonight. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Fire 1
47 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Luka is a great player no doubt, but hes 23 and already acquired the rep of being a difficult teammate. Word around the league is that many superstars do not want to play with him.

If he gets good enough then he can get into the Jordan/Kobe zone.  Those two were utter assholes at times, but nowadays are lauded as great leaders by players.

• Like 4

I wonder if the PA would be so quick to tell the crowd to stay in their seats if this wasn't in Detroit.  I also wonder what type of suspension Killian Hayes has coming - there's a reason why rabbit punches are banned even in combat sports, and it sure looks like Wagner lost consciousness after the hit.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1

Bucks fans are in a meltdown after a late-game collapse by Giannis and the rest of the Bucks that sent a game into OT and then a loss to the barely-functioning Bulls. IDK, just from the eye test it seems as if Giannis has regressed in several ways this year -- free throws, 3 pt %, mid-range jumpers, etc. I think having Jrue and Khris in and out of the rotation bc of injuries is getting to him. Also, teams are now intentionally fouling him more than ever because of how bad his FT shooting is.

Donovan Mitchell got 71 points last night (13 came in OT) in the Cavaliers 143-134 OT win against the Bulls. The previous Cavaliers he broke was from (no surprise) LeBron James when he got 58 points.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1

Bad bad news for the Nets: KD is out for at least two weeks with a knee injury. 

Bad news for the Bucks: Khris Middleton appears to have some sort of mysterious knee injury and has been out for awhile. Bucks are cratering without him.

Bad news for the Suns: they suck without Devin Booker.