Type keyword(s) to search

Wishing On A Star: What We Want To Happen

• Start Topic

I'm hoping the final season does the cursed personalities from S1. That would bookend the show and parallel the "flash sideways" from Lost. I think after everything that's happened from S2-S6, there would be a greater sense of loss and need to save everyone. We want to see everyone united and the couples together. In S1, we had the classic fairy tales as the background. In the final season, we would have the show itself as the status quo. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm hoping the final season does the cursed personalities from S1. That would bookend the show and parallel the "flash sideways" from Lost. I think after everything that's happened from S2-S6, there would be a greater sense of loss and need to save everyone. We want to see everyone united and the couples together. In S1, we had the classic fairy tales as the background. In the final season, we would have the show itself as the status quo. 

I'd like that, but also a full reversal of Season 1 where they have cursed personalities and they're in the Enchanted Forest. Instead of being Fairy Tale Characters who are stuck in Storybrooke with no memories of the Enchanted Forest selves, they're Storybrooke Citizens stuck in the Enchanted Forest with no memories of their Modern USA selves. It would be a chance for them to do what the Season 4 finale should have been like.

The advantage of the show being on for so long is that the audience automatically knows who to root for in this cursed scenario. In Season 1, they got extremely lucky that Ginny and Josh had fantastic chemistry, because it usually it takes a lot more time for the audience to warm up to certain pairings. But they've devoted enough time to these characters over the years that the audience would be eager to see certain things play out the way they're supposed to and the dramatic irony would be insane. If Captain Hook walked on screen with two hands, you know at some point he's probably going to lose that left hand, so you're waiting on pins and needles until that moment comes. If Snow was married to James but happens to discover his long lost twin David, you're rooting for Snow to end up with Charming. If Regina doesn't know Zelena is her sister, the audience knows that at some point they're going to realize they're related and drama will ensue. If princess Emma is forced to marry a wealthy evil prince because the kingdom is in financial ruin, the audience is rooting for a certain pirate to swoop in. Etc.

• Love 3

I'd like that, but also a full reversal of Season 1 where they have cursed personalities and they're in the Enchanted Forest. Instead of being Fairy Tale Characters who are stuck in Storybrooke with no memories of the Enchanted Forest selves, they're Storybrooke Citizens stuck in the Enchanted Forest with no memories of their Modern USA selves. It would be a chance for them to do what the Season 4 finale should have been like.

If it weren't for the S4 finale, I would like that too.

The advantage of the show being on for so long is that the audience automatically knows who to root for in this cursed scenario.

In S1 we were rooting for Snow White and Prince Charming because they were an iconic pairing that Ginny and Josh sold well. Most of the fairy tale characters were classics, so we wanted to see them discover their true selves. In a sense, Storybrooke represented our mundane lives, and the Enchanted Forest was our fantasy. We wanted our fantasy to become reality. In the finale of S1, it symbolically did.

If Regina doesn't know Zelena is her sister, the audience knows that at some point they're going to realize they're related and drama will ensue.

I really want to see Hook and Zelena's cursed personalities. What I would see happen with the scenario I mentioned is a continuation of S1 minus the supernatural elements. The characters would remember what happened in Storybrooke then. Perhaps some "time" would pass to explain Henry's age. Zelena and Hook would be the "newcomers" to town. Emma and Mayor Mills would still be at odds. Hook and Emma would have to fall in love again and TLK to break it.

Edited by KingOfHearts

The network decides to endear themselves to genre fans everywhere and 'fires' A&E from writing the flashbacks.

The flashbacks are then handed over to the creators/writers of cancelled shows who then get to wrap up shows that ended on a cliffhanger, consigning them to the land of untold stories.

• Love 1

I hope we get rare character pairings in scenes this season. What I mean is, I want more tete-a-tetes between Hook and Belle. I want David and Regina/EQ talking when Snow is not also present. Please god let Killian and Snow have a scene together, where one or both are not background scenery. More Emma and Archie scenes, even if he is a little ineffectual.

And for the love of everything good, no more scenes of EQ!Regina making passes at Gold. Or sniffing-blood scenes. 

• Love 5

Emma/David. Snow/Hook. Evil Queen/Granny. Rumple/David. Belle/Hook. Snow/Hook. Zelena/Emma. Henry/Snow. Belle/Emma. There are a lot of combinations that are begging to be explored more.

• Love 3

You both forgot Snow/Emma... Freudian slip?  Or are you both A&E in a glamour spell.   It's pathetic that these are 2 of the top billed females and their interactions are as rare as passenger pigeons these days.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Camera One said:

You both forgot Snow/Emma... Freudian slip?  Or are you both A&E in a glamour spell.   It's pathetic that these are 2 of the top billed females and their interactions are as rare as passenger pigeons these days.

I've sort of given up on those two. I'm too pissed about it to make a wish because I'm more invested in that than the other rare pairings I mentioned, if that makes any sense. lol  

• Love 2

How do you feel about Cora coming back and just replacing Regina?  Because she might've been an evil, manipulative . . . witch, but she was at least aware that she was not a good person.  

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Mari said:

How do you feel about Cora coming back and just replacing Regina?  Because she might've been an evil, manipulative . . . witch, but she was at least aware that she was not a good person.  

That is what I thought they were gearing up for in Season 2.  Regina becoming more of a gray anti-hero character and Cora becoming the new big bad for the end of the season and Season 3.  Instead, any reforms Regina made co-parenting with David went out the window because people did not want to eat her lasagna, and she quickly reverted to full out evil and teamed with her Mother, who then died well before the character was played ou,t so Snow could have a black spot on her heart for being proactive.

Edited by CCTC
Cannot spell.
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Mari said:

I'll take her and keep Zelena as a two-for-one. Regina can go ascend into the light and disappear forever. Actually...

Regina: "Why aren't you sending me to Olympus?! I was a hero! My mother got to go, and she was terrible."
Zeus: "She had self-awareness and actually felt remorse. The fact you think you deserve Olympus just shows you don't at all. Something tells me you're going to be in the Underworld for quite a long time."

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

It would mean trading Parilla for Hershey, and while I'm sorry to any particular Parilla fans, Barbara Hershey's Cora had a gravitas that Parilla's Regina never quite seemed to achieve.

Plus, if we have to endure another villain-villain relationship, Rumple/Cora is 1000% better than Rumple/Regina.

• Love 1

Cora is more entertaining and much better written character, but toward S5 she got overused. She was mostly there to fuel Regina angst. If she had a functional role outside of her daughters, I would gladly welcome her back, in all seriousness. However, most of her potential falls into the "taboo" category the writers refuse to touch.

• Love 1

My wish is that Zelena would get better things to do in the second half this season. She was hands down the MVP in 5, but they've sidelined her and made her boring. I don't expect her to have as large a role as she did in 5B, just more than what there's been so far. I was looking forward to her and Regina's interactions this season and instead they took them in the worst direction.

• Love 2

I want a follow-up on Kathryn. David apologized to her and that was all she wrote. We're supposed to assume she got back with Frederick, but did Snowing try to contact them? Did they invite them over for dinner? We got to see David punch Whale for sleeping with Mary Margaret, so do we get to see Snow's feelings toward Kathryn? No? It stinks that character got dropped so S1 could get to the PLOT PLOT PLOT. (Which made sense at the time, but I still would have liked to see her again.)

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KingOfHearts said:

I want a follow-up on Kathryn. David apologized to her and that was all she wrote. We're supposed to assume she got back with Frederick, but did Snowing try to contact them? Did they invite them over for dinner? We got to see David punch Whale for sleeping with Mary Margaret, so do we get to see Snow's feelings toward Kathryn? No? 

Kathryn was present for Baby Snowflake's coronation at the end of S3 (which is the wrong freaking name for a naming ceremony). 

How I wish Frederick had punched David for sleeping with his wife. I do like Charming, but the one issue I have with him is that he is a bit sexist.

• Love 1

Kathryn was present for Baby Snowflake's coronation at the end of S3 (which is the wrong freaking name for a naming ceremony). 

I remembered she was in the S3 finale time travel stuff, but I forgot she was at the Lets-Name-Our-Baby-After-A-Criminal ceremony. No sign of Frederick there.

Bonus wish: I'd like this scenario to happen. It's Christmas time, and Snow is complaining about Emma being closed off again. That night, the Ghost of Christmas Past haunts her and shows her all the Christmases Emma spent alone as a child.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I do like Charming, but the one issue I have with him is that he is a bit sexist.

I know it's a character flaw, but I kind of like it.  Not because I think "Yay!  Sexism sounds like sexy, so it's got to be good, right?"  I appreciate it because it's a realistic, believable character flaw.  I prefer character flaws in TV characters to be more realistic than some of the others we've gotten.

(And the coronation name thing bugs me, too.  Seriously.  How do you become a professional writer and not know what "coronation" means?) 

• Love 1

I know it's a character flaw, but I kind of like it.  Not because I think "Yay!  Sexism sounds like sexy, so it's got to be good, right?"  I appreciate it because it's a realistic, believable character flaw.  I prefer character flaws in TV characters to be more realistic than some of the others we've gotten.

But it's treated more as comic relief than an actual character flaw. It's like, "Haha! Old school sexism is funny."

Edited by KingOfHearts
53 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Bonus wish: I'd like this scenario to happen. It's Christmas time, and Snow is complaining about Emma being closed off again. That night, the Ghost of Christmas Past haunts her and shows her all the Christmases Emma spent alone as a child.

That would actually require that the Writers care about Snow as a person with feelings.

Kathryn got to stand in the background and say nothing.  Because that's how we use guest stars we bring back.

It seems like with Charming, they sometimes seem to remember these people come from a medieval society.

• Love 1

They completely squandered the opportunity to show an actual "what if the curse never happened" story. One that makes in canon sense. Not this Regina love fest nightmare.

i really think they do listen to what we ask for then plan out the most perverse way to present it.

like Adams tweet the other day when someone said please no more babies, then Adam said you want more babies I'll have to write that for you. 

• Love 2

like Adams tweet the other day when someone said please no more babies, then Adam said you want more babies I'll have to write that for you. 

Well, you see, they don't "listen" to fans. They only "hear" them. Whatever that means.

Edited by KingOfHearts

In light of the latest episode, I feel it is important to reiterate the public service announcement that this thread is dangerous and should be handled with caution.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, Camera One said:

In light of the latest episode, I feel it is important to reiterate the public service announcement that this thread is dangerous and should be handled with caution.  

And do NOT wish for another's posters wish from two years ago to come true. They will receive the punishment, even if they don't watch any more.

Genie of OUaT, I would like to formally rescind my wish. This isn't what I wanted. 

You have been punished, according to Adam.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

And do NOT wish for another's posters wish from two years ago to come true. They will receive the punishment, even if they don't watch any more.

You have been punished, according to Adam.

Alright, which one of you wished for my wish to come true? Fess up. It's okay, another poster can wish for you to get exactly what you deserve. Hopefully, whoever it is deserves a good, well-balanced, not non-nonsensical show that will air on Sunday night at 8/7 central on ABC. 

• Love 4

It's a small thing, but I'd like to see a follow-up episode on Hansel and Gretel. It would be nice to see how they've grown up and how they've reconnected with their dad. Black Fairy could be the mother!

LOL... wouldn't it be funny if the Black Fairy was the mother of every Disney character who didn't have one? She'd be one busy woman.

• Love 2

I'd love to see a Hook-centric flashback that isn't about the time he was seeking revenge against Rumple (I'm not really counting "The Brothers Jones" because it was more about Liam's backstory). Yeah, that was a significant chunk of his life and it was the part recent enough that he might run into some of the same people again, but they've come up with so many ways that people don't age or hang around for long periods of time (Neverland, Land of Untold Stories, the magic urn, dragonbaby eggshells, sleeping curses, immortal beings) that the time period shouldn't matter. They could mix up the Standard Hook Episode by not having it be him wronging someone while he was seeking revenge and then fixing it in the present.

Say ... one dark and stormy night, he's watching the sea through the telescope in Emma's house, when suddenly he sees a tall ship out there. It looks like it's been battered by the storm and might be on the verge of wrecking. He gathers up a rescue crew and uses one of the Storybrooke boats with engines (since sailing out there in a storm would be silly -- though I wouldn't put it past this show to send him out in the Jolly Roger because they don't understand sailing), and then go out and manage to get the crew off the ship. He's surprised to find that it's a crew from the navy he used to serve in -- and then he sees that the captain is his old friend, Horatio Hornblower.

In flashbacks, we see that Horatio and Killian were junior officers together on the Jewel of the Realm, and Horatio resented Killian for just getting a commission given to him. He was determined to show that former slave deckhand who he really was, and the two of them became somewhat competitive in their training and education. Killian had an edge in the shipboard stuff because his life at sea and allowed him to know ships inside and out, and while Horatio had an edge in the education and culture side of things, Killian was brilliant and very motivated because he wanted to reflect well on his brother and wanted his brother to see he wasn't a screwup, that he had changed. Horatio was bummed when Liam became captain of the Jewel, but then when a position on another ship came open, he sabotaged Killian so he wouldn't get it, not realizing that Killian didn't want it because he didn't want to leave his brother. Then during the war, he heard rumors about the Jewel of the Realm going missing, and he felt guilty about having betrayed Killian, so he started digging into what happened. Soon afterward, his ship was caught in a strange, sudden storm. It turns out to have been a magical storm that trapped the ship for more than a century, but from their perspective, they've only been battling the storm for a few hours before they found themselves outside Storybrooke. In the present, Horatio is at first disgusted that Killian did turn pirate, then learns what happened and realizes their evil king set him up, too. They reconcile and get over their past issues. Horatio and his crew do something that helps with the present situation, Killian gets a reminder of who he used to be that helps him with his latest emotional crisis, and then they get help from Ursula or Poseidon to send the ship back to their world, so the crew can go somewhere more familiar.

Or something like that. Anyway, let us see more about Hook's life, let the Storybrookers learn something new about him and see him in a different light, let us see Colin in that uniform, and mix it up a bit. (And no, I'm not going to write the fanfic because I really don't have time to flesh it out, and it would turn into a novel-length work, I'm sure.)

• Love 5

@Shanna Marie, you've officially put more thought into Hook's characterization and history than the entire writing team has in the past year.

12 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

(And no, I'm not going to write the fanfic because I really don't have time to flesh it out, and it would turn into a novel-length work, I'm sure.)

What if I offered you free Internet brownies? They look exactly like real brownies, only they're pixels and you can't eat them.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Curio said:

What if I offered you free Internet brownies? They look exactly like real brownies, only they're pixels and you can't eat them.

Can I throw in internet cookies? Or just lots of pictures of cute animals wearing hats? I already find Shanna Maries scenario about thirty times more interesting than half the stand alone episodes we have already gotten.

As far as wishes go, I would love to see a big festival, like they used to have in the town, and use the time to catch up with lots of previously forgotten characters (Hansel and Gretel, Aurora and Philip, maybe even with Ursula and Poseidon coming by to visit) all mixing together, and maybe having a bunch of them teaming up to deal with the Issue of the Week.

• Love 1

Since the show is already so far off the rails you can't see the rails from where they are, they might as well go full-on soap opera, so I'm kind of wishing that we'll learn that the Black Fairy is also Hook's mother -- after she ditched Malcolm she ended up with Brennan. It would be funny to see both Hook's and Rumple's heads explode with the knowledge that they're brothers, and it would make Henry's family tree even crazier if his new stepfather is not only also his step-grandfather but also his great uncle.

On a slightly more serious note, them having the same mother might explain why they've so often drawn the same people even though they're polar opposites. It's like people get to know Rumple, like him for whatever reason, then meet Hook and make the switch. And it would collapse the "poor woobie Rumple" excuses if Hook not only had a very similar background, but actually had the same mother who abandoned him, and yet he still managed to turn his life around and give up evil and was willing to not only give up the Dark One power, but sacrifice himself to end it for good, while Rumple had the chance to be rid of it and schemed to get it back.

• Love 2
On 1/21/2017 at 11:08 PM, Shanna Marie said:

He's surprised to find that it's a crew from the navy he used to serve in -- and then he sees that the captain is his old friend, Horatio Hornblower.

Not sure I could withstand the combined hotness of Colin O'Donoghue AND Ioan Gruffudd on my screen at the same time. That's 2/5th of my laminated list!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Souris said:

Not sure I could withstand the combined hotness of Colin O'Donoghue AND Ioan Gruffudd on my screen at the same time. That's 2/5th of my laminated list!

I'm surprised OUAT didn't snatch Ioan up after his other ABC drama failed. Usually, ABC likes to keep their actors in-house, and Ioan seems like he'd easily blend in with the style of acting on this show.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Curio said:

I'm surprised OUAT didn't snatch Ioan up after his other ABC drama failed. Usually, ABC likes to keep their actors in-house, and Ioan seems like he'd easily blend in with the style of acting on this show.

I'm still baffled that they didn't try Forever in the post-Once slot. It seems like a far better fit there than where it was, and a better fit than anything else they've put in the post-Once slot.

• Love 2

I agree that Forever would have been a good pairing with OUAT, but it was also a really bad show. I could barely get through the pilot, so it was probably only a matter of time until it got cancelled.

Okay, so here's my spin-off idea for Season 7 if Channing Dungey really wants to do something drastically different:

The Season 6 finale or Season 7 premiere shows us a Captain Swan wedding. We immediately jump ahead a few years later and Henry is off at NYU and is gone to Offscreenville. Things have been pretty good in Storybrooke for the past few years—maybe there's the occasional monster or villainous threat, but nothing Emma and Team Hero can't manage on their own. That bliss is interrupted when a random distress call from someone in another realm cries out for the Savior's help. Emma and Hook (and whoever else ABC manages to re-sign for one more season...just...preferably no Regina) climb aboard the realm-hopping Jolly Roger and travel across many realms for 22 episodes solving the mystery of who sent the distress call, what the Big Bad Villain wants with the Savior, and other random mysteries that pop up. Why does the villain keep leaving the same calling card at each location? Why are the portals connecting the worlds becoming weaker? Why is the villain only kidnapping people with magical abilities? Etc. Along the way, we run into some old friends, we can throw in Horatio Hornblower and Captain Nemo and Elsa and Ariel and whoever else wants to show up for a few episodes. The mystery only lasts 22 episodes, but the finale wraps everything up nicely, and then the show can officially die at the end of Season 7.

• Love 1

Forever is owned by Warner Bros. so abc would not benefit from any possible syndication deals, foreign distribution, Netflix, etc. The only revenue stream was advertising from first broadcast. That was not enough to justify keeping a poorly performing show on the schedule. It may have done better in other parts of the world but abc did not get a piece of that pie and without the revenue from American broadcast it was not worth it to Warner to continue with it.

1 hour ago, Curio said:

Okay, so here's my spin-off idea for Season 7 if Channing Dungey really wants to do something drastically different:

I'd watch that! I'd love it if they gave the heroes a well-defined goal and they went off on an adventure towards reaching it/solving it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Since the show is already so far off the rails you can't see the rails from where they are, they might as well go full-on soap opera, so I'm kind of wishing that we'll learn that the Black Fairy is also Hook's mother -- after she ditched Malcolm she ended up with Brennan.

It could also explain how Brennan was able to fall in love and have a TLK while in a coma - it was with a fairy after all!  Lol.

2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

And it would collapse the "poor woobie Rumple" excuses if Hook not only had a very similar background, but actually had the same mother who abandoned him, and yet he still managed to turn his life around and give up evil and was willing to not only give up the Dark One power, but sacrifice himself to end it for good, while Rumple had the chance to be rid of it and schemed to get it back.

Don't they already have a similar background insofar as both of their father's abandoned them as children?  Heck, at least Rumple's dad left him with those kindly spinsters and didn't sell him into slavery like Brennan - which makes Hook's childhood much much worse than Rumple's and as you noted - he manged to fight and give up the Dark One power not crave it like Rumple.  

1 hour ago, Curio said:

I agree that Forever would have been a good pairing with OUAT, but it was also a really bad show. I could barely get through the pilot, so it was probably only a matter of time until it got cancelled.

FIGHT ME! LOL!

I loved that show. It's hard to gauge the quality of a show just on the pilot (though I haven't watched a bunch of shows because the pilot didn't grab me, so they are really important).

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Souris said:

FIGHT ME! LOL!

I loved that show. It's hard to gauge the quality of a show just on the pilot (though I haven't watched a bunch of shows because the pilot didn't grab me, so they are really important).

Yes. Forever kept getting better as the season progressed. Judd Hirsch and Ioan Gruffudd had great chemistry and Burn Gorman improves any show he's in.

• Love 1

I wasn't planning to watch Forever, but the night it premiered, I was watching something else On Demand that ended just before Forever came on, and I had my TV on ABC, so while I finished knitting a row, I kept the TV on. Next thing I knew, I was totally engrossed.

Anyway, while we're adding to our wish list and having Ioan Gruffudd as Horatio Hornblower (though I guess he'd have to play the current "adult" captain version, as he might have aged beyond being able to pull off the midshipman version), we could easily throw in Jamie Bamber, since his sister plays Abigail/Kathryn. Surely King Midas had a son who's been off on some quest.

On 1/26/2017 at 2:35 PM, RulerofallIsurvey said:

It could also explain how Brennan was able to fall in love and have a TLK while in a coma - it was with a fairy after all!  Lol.

But that would make the Black Fairy Liam 2's mother instead of Hook's mother. Unless she came back to Brennan in a different human form -- like she discovered him under the sleeping curse and had an "aw, he's so cute when he's asleep" moment, took on a different human form so he didn't recognize her from before, and the kiss worked because they'd both already been in love, but then after they had a kid, she remembered that she didn't like this human thing all that much and faked her death, possibly using a changeling (getting into fairy lore), like a log enchanted to look like her dead body.

I guess a potential problem with the idea of her as Hook's mother is that there seems to be an age gap between him and Liam 1, and it doesn't sound like she sticks around all that long. But I guess she could have pulled a Zelena and killed Brennan's wife/Liam 1's mother when she fell for Brennan and he wasn't available, then impersonated his wife to be with him, had Killian, then remembered she didn't like this human thing that much and left or faked her death. And then a hundred or so years later (and maybe after a few more relationships and kids), she found Brennan again.

So, Killian and Liam 1 would actually be half brothers, as would Killian and Rumple and Liam 2 and Rumple, but Killian and Liam 2 would be full brothers.

And, you know, this wouldn't be the freakiest set of relationships on this show.

• Love 1