Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 4

Not sad to see Christine go one bit.  Oh, but if she is stayed she was going to actually try and play the game instead of floating on by.  That was never going to sway anyone.

Really enjoyed Kelsey's peekaboo top that she wore for the eviction ceremony, but seriously what is the deal with her eyebrows ?

That HoH comp looks challenging -- I thought Cassandra was going to inhale that ball.

Nikki just needs to leave -- she blew up all over Tim for no real reason at all.

What was the reason Tim voted to evict Cassandra?

I like the guy, although I didn't when we saw previews of him.  I think I like him because he's more mature and talks in full sentences.

• Love 1

I don't remember laughing that hard in any past BB competitions. The way Jared and Dallas were trying not to touch each other was hilarious! And everyone else of course.

I think Tim wanted to create chaos in the house that's why he voted for Cassandra to go. Now they will be trying to figure out who voted against her and nobody will suspect Tim. I think Tim is not only for fun and laughs like we were introduced of him, but he can be a serious and mature person to have some great conversations with. I had watched a conversation couple of weeks ago in BB After Dark and they were talking about their achievements in life and how Phil had a terrible accident and he was at the hospital for so long so he had to quit sports and he changed his life into becoming a dj and writing music etc. It was a nice conversation to watch and Tim was the coordinator so to speak, being all mature and serious and I really liked it. I wish we would watch more of these serious stuff rather than pranks and laughs all the time.

I think Loveita now knows what a big mistake she has made. If she had nominated Jared and Kelsey one of them would now be gone and she would have way less enemies in the house. I think Loveita had all the good intentions but she can't coordinate her logic with her actions. I bet she will be nominated for eviction this week no matter who wins the HOH comp because nobody from her alliance will want to get blood in their hands.

What I don't get is why Joel and Mitch, who seem to play together now, like Rob had said in his podcast, voted to evict Christine. Wouldn't it be better for them to align with Loveita's team?

I figured out today why I disliked Christine with such passion: I had never seen her smile until she met Arisa outside the house. I hate people who never smile.

Yes! Full sentences and maturity! Still show some pranks and fun, of course, and get a nice balance.

That HOH comp is so funny. Can't wait to see more of it on Sunday.

• Love 1

Christine reminds me of Janine Garafalo's character in Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion...just pure misery at all times.  I won't miss her at all. I would have been more than happy to see Cassandra go though. Really, other than Tim, I'm not particularly fond of anyone. Nikki is good for entertainment though. "I'm just doing a poo!"

That HOH comp was the funniest one they've ever done. Watching the 2 bro-dudes try desperately not to touch each other was hilarious!

• Love 2

I wonder how they are going to work it out if Nikki or Tim win the show.  What I mean is the main reason why you never see non-Americans on Survivor and American Big Brother is due to the tax structure being so different, or so I have read in the past. 

What I love about Canadian Big Brother is it seems to be more fun than the American version.  The challenges are a heck of a lot better and there is no Battle of the Block. 

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 2

Christine reminds me of Janine Garafalo's character in Romy & Michelle's High School Reunion...just pure misery at all times.

No kidding! First we get Paul almost dying in the Divergent challenge and then congratulating himself that he could climb a ladder at 43-years old, and now we've got Christine falling off a wall in her challenge. I auditioned when I was 47 and was picked as the biggest physical threat in my group. Of course, that's as far as I got. Why cast someone over 30 who can actually compete? Or get along with people? Or play the fucking game?

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder how they are going to work it out if Nikki or Tim win the show.  What I mean is the main reason why you never see non-Americans on Survivor and American Big Brother is due to the tax structure being so different, or so I have read in the past.

I can sometimes make money writing in the US, and I've also made personal-appearance fees. The tax treaty for Canadians works this way: artists and athletes (which includes people on TV shows) need to have a permanent residence in the country where they are working before they have to pay taxes in that country. Personal appearances (which this might count as) can be taxed in the place where they occur if the individual makes over a certain amount of money. Because of the amount of time Tim and Nikki are in Canada, and the fact that they actually possess a physical residence in Canada, that probably makes Canadian tax law applicable rather than Aussie or UK tax law. That's generally how the treaties work. If they don't last long, but make just a bit of money, they probably will be taxed in the countries where they live. It's really complicated and each tax treaty has different considerations.

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 1

A quick check of the Australian Taxation Office website suggests Tim will get taxed twice on his appearance fee, but that his prizes will be tax-free in Australia if said appearance fee is a lump-sum payment rather than the "we'll cover your rent and bills while you compete" stipend players on these kind of shows normally get.

But either way, I'd imagine a big import tax bill for getting The Brick's terrible furniture to Australia if he wins.

• Love 2

I'm glad Joel decided to put 2 out of 3 of the Jared/Kelsey/Raul triad -- and if either Kelsey or Jared get PoV Joel puts up Jared (unless Jared wins PoV), but overall a good move by Joel.

On a completely superficial, you have to thank the costume designer who is doing the women's comp getups.  Loved the baseball outfits.

I was in the other room, what did the announcer say about Thursday night's episode? I thought I heard 90 minute fake triple eviction... which doesn't make sense!

I'm so happy for Joel winning the HoH and ever happier to see nasty Raul and Kelsey on the block. I don't know who is worse, a bitter gay man or a slutty bitch? Either way I hope to see one of them go. I knew I love Joel for a reason! He is a great person and I love also seeing him being close with Mitch.

• Love 1

I'm so happy for Joel winning the HoH and ever happier to see nasty Raul and Kelsey on the block. I don't know who is worse, a bitter gay man or a slutty bitch? Either way I hope to see one of them go. I knew I love Joel for a reason! He is a great person and I love also seeing him being close with Mitch.

I dislike them equally, and will happy to see either one go home.

• Love 1

I heard ninety minute show with a fake double eviction but i also tune out once the noms show me their version of "bitter face".

I heard 90-minute fake double eviction, too.

Thanks! So.... what do you think that means? Announce an eviction and not do it? How far will they go? Noms, veto, votes? I'm kind of excited!

If it's anything like the way fake evictions have been handled in other countries, it'll be a full eviction, except the people who get booted will be hidden away in a secret room for a few days before returning to the house. Think like the War Room opening from season two, except with "evictees" in the room instead of new players.

• Love 1

If it's anything like the way fake evictions have been handled in other countries, it'll be a full eviction, except the people who get booted will be hidden away in a secret room for a few days before returning to the house. Think like the War Room opening from season two, except with "evictees" in the room instead of new players.

Oh, cool! That sounds fun. They will be SOOOOO outraged!

I had watched a conversation couple of weeks ago in BB After Dark and they were talking about their achievements in life and how Phil had a terrible accident and he was at the hospital for so long so he had to quit sports and he changed his life into becoming a dj and writing music etc. It was a nice conversation to watch and Tim was the coordinator so to speak, being all mature and serious and I really liked it. I wish we would watch more of these serious stuff rather than pranks and laughs all the time.

I caught that conversation and it was sweet but now every time Phil gets mad

like that incident yesterday where he apparently went off on people including his crush Nikki for the flimsiest of game talk reasons?

I get concerned that he basically got cast for having a brain injury.

One of the spumours going around is that

Canada votes an evictee back into the house.

Tho fake eviction wouldn't be the most accurate name in that case but we'll see. There are definitely players who could benefit from that but not Kelsey or Raul I don't think.

• Love 1

I don't believe that I've been this deep into any season without having a favorite yet.

My thoughts exactly.  I mean if someone where to put a gun to my head I guess Joel, Nikki, or Tim could pass as my "favorites" but even then that is not really true.

I am shocked by the fact that I do not full on dislike Cassandra.  When I saw her opening I thought for sure I would despise her but she is not nearly as bad as I thought she would be.

The funny thing about the two main alliances in the house squaring off with each other is that I could care less if any of the six of them go.  I mean the shallow side of me would rather see Maddy and Kelsey outlast the guys in their alliance only because I think both of them are cute but yeah I could really care less who goes.

• Love 4

What I don't get was why they wanted to use Tim as a pawn to secure Kelsey would go. If you want Kelsey to go, just convince everyone to vote for Kelsey. I still think that Jared should get backdoored, he is the strongest competition in there and Kelsey - Raul could be taken care of later.

What I hate is that Tim and Nikki are there just for entertainment. They have no idea what is going on with the competitions and the strategy. If you wanted to have some entertainment just put them in there to be the clowns rather than take two spots of people who would actually want to play the game. Sucks.

Would Joel ever in his life have a girl like Cassandra? Not that she is that pretty but she on a totally different level than Joel. Would Joel who is such a great hearted guy and that smart care for stupid Cassandra who calls her friends bitches?......

Kelsey looked pretty hot in her cowgirl outfit.  Loved Maddy's celebratory dances in the storage room

I'm pretty sure Tim and Nikki never got a word in edgewise the entire episode until the 2/3 mark -- when Tim was in the bathtub -- and that was it.  

Dallas turns his cactus outfit into a dry-humping cactus outfit when he first emerges -- and then gets everyone else to feed him since he makes them think that he can't use his hands (are they going to wipe his butt for him too ?).

They never mentioned the punishment if Raul doesn't get the 1000 lassos by sunrise.

And Kelsey has the sads that she might be going home when Dallas didn't use the Veto.

The announcer confirmed that it is definitely a 90 minute fake double eviction episode tomorrow.

The announcer confirmed that it is definitely a 90 minute fake double eviction episode tomorrow.

What does this mean? Like they will both leave but one will come back? :o

If Raul doesn't leave, and for good, it will be hard to watch this season.  Shouldn't he be stunt cast on the US version?  Since he's not Canadian, and all.

So, the show last night gave the impression that Dallas was going to make a big move, again! And didn't.  The whole show was about someone using the veto and switching things up.

Absolutely nothing is going on in that house, if production needed to use footage like that, two weeks in a row.

What does this mean? Like they will both leave but one will come back? :o

Who knows ?  Fake double eviction makes it sound like they will evict two people but neither will actually leave.  Or maybe the two evictees will be sequestered and compete to get back into the game ?  Or will they evict one person and then go through the motions of HoH and Veto only to pull a no eviction ? And then for good measure first person evicted in the episode comes back ?

If Raul doesn't leave, and for good, it will be hard to watch this season. Shouldn't he be stunt cast on the US version? Since he's not Canadian, and all.

Is this a reference to specific tea about Raul I'm not aware of, or do you feel like only people who were born in Canada should compete on the show? That would result in a pretty un-Canadian cast, I think.

He is terrible on the show though. I almost feel bad that he's too young/blinded by the cameras to realise that the camp stereotype the drs are making him perform is awful and he'll be embarassed later. (I do think it's a performance because I haven't caught him doing a lot of it outside the dr.)

Kelsey bitching about Maddy asking what Kelsey would do with her prize - the nerve! What a lot of sulkers this year.

Edited by innocuouspuff

Rob noticed that they have always had double evictions before jury but they always announce them. Arisa this time talked about a wild card. Will it just be a fake eviction? Not interesting...

• Love 1

Kelsey looked pretty amazing.  Thought stealing Maddie's duck was a little on the petty side.

Maddy for the HoH win.  You could hear Tim offer to throw the HoH challenge he had with Cassandra, not sure if he did because Cassandra hit the button damn quick.

And Maddy follows up Joel's noms and puts up Jared and Raul -- which is a good call, but she lets it slip that she's planning to backdoor Loveita.  Which goes exactly as planned, but was still a dumb move.  Maddy's reasoning was pretty lame -- she slagged me twice, but she was still on your side.

I wish they would quit calling these episodes live evictions -- they are only live-to-recorded video in front of the studio audience, but not live to the TV viewers.

And after dragging out the fake out double eviction, they still didn't say how one of them gets back in the house.  I predict Canada votes.

But it won't matter -- Kelsey and Loveita will kill each other being forced to live together for a week.

• Love 1

On the side show, Peter Brown also thinks Kelsey and Loveita will tear each other apart in that secret suite, while BBCAN2 winner Sarah thinks they should mine each other for information to use when they go back in the house.

Then again, they may push those beds together and anger bang for a week.  At least that's how my BBCAN3 erotic fanfiction will begin.  <kidding>

• Love 1

That was a dumb move, Maddy wants to win so she has Jared taken off the block, idiot hope she goes next, wanted Jared out, find him so arrogant, and I can't stand Raul, if he rolls his eyes any harder he's really going to hurt himself.  Wonder who they're going to blame everything on now that Lovita is out, hope she gets back in, if Kelsey does, I'm out.

I still want Joel to win it all tho

• Love 4

Can someone explain to me why everyone in this show has apparently decided their mission in the game to help Jared win?  Why didn't Joel put him up against Kelsey or Raul, as he is the actual linchpin in that three-person alliance?  Why did both Mitch and Phil express that they hoped with Kelsey gone that they would become Jared's main ally?  The hell?  Does Jared fart Skittles or something?  He is not a strategic thinker, nor is he especially a comp-beast, and he is flat-out boring.  Vote this dimwit (okay, pretty dimwit) out already!  He is one who is going to steal your hundred thousand dollars, Maddy!  And I hate that the only person who agrees with me is Dallas.

I hope Loveita comes back too, even though I have had issues with her, cause I doubt Kelsey will turn on Magic Jared. 

• Love 3

Why does everyone hate Loveita so much? She seems lovely and mature … unlike that silly Maddy who needed one brother to tell another brother she wanted to break up, hated Kelsey because she was pretty, and was so jealous of Loveita, she had her booted, even though they were in the same alliance.

How old is that girl, anyway?  I'm watching a high schooler, I think.

• Love 3

Maddie was just stupid with her choice of replacement nominee. 

Kelsey sure had a bitch face on for the entire last segment. I hope Lovita goes back in, at least she seemed grateful to the twist and was happy about it. Kelsey looked like she was sucking on sour lemons.

• Love 4

I didn't like this twist like at all. I hated it. I would prefer that both girls would be out for good. Now it will be totally unfair for the next week's evictee that one of the previous weeks evictees will go back. I mean, what is the logic behind that? Other than that Maddy was stupid. They had the chance to vote out one of the biggest competition beasts Jared and they didn't. I mean, even Nikki would have done better. I am disappointed, I love BBCan but this twist was lame.

• Love 1

Kelsey sure had a bitch face on for the entire last segment. I hope Lovita goes back in, at least she seemed grateful to the twist and was happy about it. Kelsey looked like she was sucking on sour lemons.

I think Kelsey had mentally checked out, she had a week to come to that conclusion. I don't think she was angry, just over it.

Also, I read that she is a recruit, compared to Loveita, who is a true fan of the game, so I'd love to see Loveita get back in.

Kelsey looked pretty amazing. Thought stealing Maddie's duck was a little on the petty side.

A little! Extremely petty and Kelsey going back into the house to face a duckless Maddie would be hilarious.

Though not as hilarious as Kelsey and Love's odd couple week. Imagine having no one to talk to except your biggest enemy.

Maddie backdoors Loveita calling her a threat to win, ok. One, it is still too early to target the people you can nominally work with. Two, is Loveita actually any kind of threat to win? The house mostly hates her, that just spells goat to me. Though no one is a better goat than Nikki I guess.

• Love 3

I can't quite place it, but I can sort of see how others in the house might dislike Loveita. She seems hyper-paranoid and high-maintenance. Maybe just too much drama to handle when everyone else in the house also has their own paranoia to deal with.

Edited by Congo

I think the house this year just has that sort of dynamic where there's always got to be a low person on the totem pole. Who gets blamed for everything - noms or whatever else - and people join in because at least it's not them. Actual reasons for the shit talking not necessary, though Love didn't help herself early on by making sure she stood out even more than any minority player already naturally does.

• Love 1

This DE was akin to Tom/Liza 2.0 insofar as bringing the momentum of the season to a grinding halt, but unlike that unfortunate couple, at least one of the lady duo has the potential to meet (or even exceed) the legacy of Sindy with the nineteenth alphabetic letter.

Maddie backdoored Loveita in order to get in tighter with Jared and Raul and an 8 person alliance -- wow, that is even stupider than I thought.  Though Maddie did look pretty hot in her roller disco outfit.

Even the brothers have been sucked into the cult of Jared -- that's why the used the PoV in the first place, so they would get tighter with him.  What the hell ?

Dallas gets voted 25 to Ramsey's 9 to go up on the block -- kind of looks like it isn't just Maddie that wants him out of the house.

• Love 2

But either way, I'd imagine a big import tax bill for getting The Brick's terrible furniture to Australia if he wins.

Do Canadians actually buy that shit?  The first time I tuned in I noticed how awful it was (at least the stuff they put in the house). I can't imagine people actually voluntarily buying it.

I find it is so unfair that Dallas or Maddie will leave the house this week and Kelsey or Loveita (who were voted out last week) will get to stay. Also I think the game will become boring after Dallas leaves because the Jared alliance will be the one that prevails and this will suck.

Other than that, Maddie has a boyfriend outside the house but till now she's made out with Nick and now she has her claws on poor Ramsey. And when you look at her you get the vibe of an innocent girl. Who knew she'd be such a s$^#^.

I like Ramsey and I hope Maddie leaves so he gets free from her and finds his way into the house.

Joel running naked? I didn't see THAT coming....

• Love 2

Oh noeeeeees, Ramsey has the sads because he was nominated, but it doesn't last because he wins the PoV.  But then Mitch has the sads later on over his birthday.  Geez people, have you never seen the show before -- everyone gets nominated and they know beforehand that they will be isolated for a long time, get over it already.

Other than that, Maddie has a boyfriend outside the house but till now she's made out with Nick and now she has her claws on poor Ramsey. And when you look at her you get the vibe of an innocent girl. Who knew she'd be such a s$^#^.

Although, Maddie looked gorgeous in those closeups while snuggling up to Ramsey.

What the hell was Dallas wearing at the nomination ceremony ?

That Veto comp looked like a rainbow version of 'The Running Man'.  Too bad Maddie wasn't in it -- just for the rainbow leotard.  I'm not quite sure why Phillipe was dressed up as a star as the host, exactly.  I'm surprised Dallas wasn't DQed for breaking part of the game, because it removed the crossbar at the entrance and loosened up the netting and made it easier to throw the ball.  That's not exactly fair -- I wonder if someone could have protested a Dallas win.

Joel running naked? I didn't see THAT coming....

Go Joel !!  That was surprising.