Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada Season 4

It's too early for All-Stars. At this point, we'd get Arlie and Liza. Yechh!

LOL yeah, I know it's too early, that's why I want to get another season closer!  I don't even think I have enough former HGs I like to fill half the house yet.

I hate how BB is filmed in real time (essentially), it means no spoilers/tea to fill the gap between seasons :(.  I just have to hope past HGs continue to be trainwrecks in public.

The goddamned Sideshow will be back along with the same three incompetent hosts - like, shouldn't two of Sarah H, Godfrey, Brittnee, and/or Sindy have replaced what should've been Jon's/Neda's/Heather's/Adel's spots?

I am an American and I just watched all of the previous seasons on YouTube back in December.  First off from the comments above I see that Gary might have been as popular as I thought.  Is that true?

I personally found him to be a tad annoying but I did not dislike him.

Also, and I might have asked this previously I do not recall, is there a way for Americans to watch the episodes either as they air or after they air?  I really enjoyed BBCan and there were parts of it I liked more than the American version.  Therefore, I would love to watch the next season instead of having to wait until it is put up on YouTube.

Speaking as an Australian, Tim is AWFUL. I ranked every BBAU housemate on another site a couple of years back, and he ranked dead last (like, dead last; it wasn't even a tough decision). To put that into context, Tim was more terrible than (1) two people who got kicked out for their role in a sexual assault, (2) a sexist pig who admitted to spearing feral cats, and (3) a man who unironically called himself "Hotdogs". And if you're wondering how he won, the answer is simple: the radio station he mentions working for in his interview clip was sponsoring the show at the time.

Nikki's definitely getting in though. She's perhaps the single biggest housemate to ever come out of a European-format Big Brother (she's gone into the UK house five times at this point - her original entry, a "vote an evicted player back in" twist later that season, their All-Star version, and two cameo appearances - and delivered every time), while Veronica entered a week late, was immune in Week 2, and was booted unceremoniously in Week 3. It kind of feels like Veronica is only there because they wanted to have someone from a non-English-speaking country on the shortlist.

What a crazy stunt.

To me it sounds like they don't really want the US choice though, picking a candidate as lame as Jase. That said he might win just because of a greater level of familiarity.

Aus Tim is kind of a shit, but he's an amusing one to me. I wonder if his peculiar brand of stirring would even work with an audience that can't identify with him as easily. Also his success was based on the rest of his cast being kind of hateable too. It was fun, I'm thinking, to have this insane Puckish asshole thwarting those others at all turns--being arbitrary and kind of insane and just being flippant about everything. I don't know how well that translates to the Canadian viewer ethos.

I didn't see the UK version with this Nikki person, and the Italian lady is a non-starter I suppose to everyone except some Italian-Canadians, so I don't really know what to say about either of them.

Saw this article http://globalnews.ca/news/2533276/big-brother-canada-season-4-international-houseguests-join-the-party/ .   I think it'll be fun to have former international BB contestants in the BBCan house.  Of these 4 I'd like to see Tim and Nikki.  

Wow Jase still looks like a tool even after all of these years.  At least it is Jase as the American player and not Mike Malin (I refuse to call him his nickname) as I had read. 

I expect Tim and Nikki will be the ones voted in.  I watched Tim's season on BBAus.  I think he could be interesting in the BBCan house.  Different rules might be challenging for him.  Nikki will be amusing to us and annoying to the other HGs.  I can enjoy that.

Oh I remember Hotdogs.  Hotdogs and Vesna.  That was an interesting Aussie season.

Wow, there's a 33-year-old. Such a courageous casting decision!

Jase is gross. One of my favorite contestants ever was Karen from his season because she did such a hilarious impression of him in the diary room, complete with the lame Mike-Reno-from-Loverboy bandana.

Anyway, I'm glad that I didn't bother to try out. If Kassting wanted anyone over forty on this show, there would be people over forty on this show. Robyn Kass can suck it when she claims that it's not her fault that the cast is so young.

• Love 1

Interesting so far -- once the Internationals get added, that will make 18 houseguests (but playing as 17 houseguests since the brothers are playing as one). I like the idea that the brothers get one vote between them, and that they have to alternate weeks for comps.

Sharry should have gotten a do-over after Nicholas knocked her off her platform when he fell.  The water didn't look like it was very evenly distributed on the houseguests -- Loveita seemed to get the least amount water while the HGs in the middle got the worst of it.

Maddy -- damn girl, yes you have a great butt.  She will be a physical threat what with her gym regimen, but does she have the mental game for the challenges and the social game.

Paige -- pretty cute and has killer abs, but has trouble with the numbers. Seriously, she has trouble converting hours to minutes and minutes to seconds.  Don't think she will be too good with 'the puzzles' and the 'strategical thinking'.

Christine -- I get it, she's a cougar, but she needs to lay off all the leopard prints.

Dallas -- looks a lot like Spencer from BBUS a couple of seasons ago, hope he has a better personality

Cassandra -- the self-proclaimed Persian Princess, probably won't go far unless someone else cooks her meals and cleans up after her.

Joel -- dude is tall and mildly uncoordinated, but since he's an actor he should have a good poker face and deal well with pressure situations or distract people with singing.

Mitchell -- considering he is a viral Youtube star got surprisingly small amount of screen time. And he has some book smarts, but does he have the social game to go far.

I hope Jase Wirey does not get in the house -- what happened to him, he looks like he has taken way too many steroids.

I'd vote for Tim and Veronica -- Veronica will likely end up naked a lot, while Nikki will just swear a lot.

(edited)

Wow, even for a Big Brother set/house this is tastelessly decorated.

I'd say they did okay with diversity with one exception. No Oldies. Heck, was anyone even over 30? (edit - okay that one self-proclaimed Cougar lady who's 47--definitely a token, especially since she clearly wants to hook up with young guys)

I hope Jase Wirey does not get in the house -- what happened to him, he looks like he has taken way too many steroids.

He was a piece of human garbage even before that. So yeah, hopefully he doesn't pollute the house.

I'm firmly on Team Tim. It's disappointing with these rules he won't be able to be an asshole (unlike Jase he was a FUN asshole--really good viewing), but even when he was in his "nice mode" on BBAUS he was still amusing to watch.

Edited by Kromm

What I always used to like on Big Brother Canada, no offense intended, was that they were choosing mostly normal people and not fame whores like the US version are doing lately. I was sad to see some people are just there to become famous. I understand that may be considered good TV but I prefer to see people who are as closest to normal as possible. I loved all three seasons of BBCan and I hope it doesn't become BB USA in this aspect. I was excited to watch the first episode but now I'm like meh, not so much anymore. I do like some people in there like the nerdy Joel, the stunningly handsome Jared and the country boy Dallas. I hope they stay long.

I call bullshit on the idea that the two brothers didn't know they'd both be competing. From what little I know about the casting process from my friend Justin (hope you get in next year, dude!), they'd both have to go through several rounds of interviews before being selected, and there's now way in hell one would've been able to do it without the other one knowing. Still makes for a fun twist, though, especially since they have to play together openly.

I'm voting for the Australian and the Brit. Sure, I have incredibly shallow reasons to enjoy seeing that lovely Italian lady lounging around the pool in a bikini, but the British woman will almost definitely be more entertaining. And Jase is a tool.

• Love 2

I don't want *any* international players polluting my BB Canada but since it's happening regardless of what I want, I voted for Nikki (her "no filter" could make for some amusing drama) and Tim (he seems annoying but I just can't stomach another season of Jase. UGH.)

I feel a little bad for the brothers. BB basically screwed their game from literally the second they walked through the front door. Too early to tell who I hate/like but I do know that the Persian Princess, whatever her name was, can't be gone soon enough for my liking. And I love me some Raul so far. Hopefully he doesn't become over-the-top-obnoxious like Gary did.

• Love 1
(edited)

Brother #1 doesn't look happy at Brother #2 being there.

I also don't get how this could be a huge surprise, their parents at least had to know both of them were going in. Brother #2 lives at home and they had a camera segment of all of them eating dinner together!

Persian princess who dropped out of the comp because the water was ruining her hair and makeup can go now. Let her be first out.

The cowboy is definitely supposed to be the "Emmett" of this season. The girl who won HOH looks like the Jill. Raul is the Gary. Joel is the Peter. Ramsey is the Alex.

Edited by Artsda
(edited)

I was at the taping of this episode. In the taped portion, you saw the brothers sitting around the table with their family, but they only knew that one of them had made it in.  They don't live together either. So when they got their keys, each one thought it was him.  We saw Nick walk in a long segment, and only a small part was shown. Phil was soooooo pissed.  He was just glaring.

Edited by Evenshorter
  • Love 3
(edited)

Nikki is reality TV gold, no exaggeration. Tim is a better performer than Jase, and their shtick is pretty much the same. It's not even a difficult decision.

The Bros: Of course they knew they were being cast together in some way. I like forcing them to play together, especially since they're the alpha male stereotype. The strategic advantages and disadvantages that come with that stereotype are going to be much more severe for them. I think losing that first HOH was a good move. They might be smart to suggest that BB will let them play individually at some point, and try to use that as a selling point to build alliances.

The rest of them were also people who were there. Nobody stood out in a bad way to me, so that's cool.

Edited by Liqidclark
  • Love 1

Finally, Live Feeds! I just hate that they didn't start until after the first eviction.

Already, I'm so glad Nikki got voted in. She's mesmerizing to watch! It's like she's stoned or something? She speaks... really... slowly.... and isn't looking at the person she's talking to. So weird.

(edited)

What's with the puny bags that the contestants are given to bring into the house this season? If I were cast on the show, I'd want to bring as much of my fabulous wardrobe as possible. That thing would barely hold all my Missoni socks.

On the topic of fashion, "wardrobe stylist" Raul was wearing a horrible long sweater that he kept tugging at during the elimination. If you can't wear it without constantly adjusting it, don't wear it. It reminded me of all the skanky girls at Hakkasan in Las Vegas who can't take more than a step or two without having to pull up their skanky strapless dresses. Also, Arisa looked great in that red suit. She should wear pants more often. Loveita's toque reminded me of Vanessa's beanie from the last US season. I'm glad that I don't have to find out how many headbands Jase packed.

I'm also glad that Paige is gone. She was a non-entity.

Phil has beady eyes. It would make me not want to trust him, douchy personality aside.

Edited by dolphincorn

Haven't seen it yet... but the RIGHT two definitely went in. Although I'm praying Tim finds a way to connect enough with the Canadian public even more, so he feels secure enough to indulge that little devil inside of him.

Nikki is reality TV gold, no exaggeration. Tim is a better performer than Jase, and their shtick is pretty much the same. It's not even a difficult decision.

Tim is a puckish type, and often deliberately random or contrary. But there's no anger behind it (at least there wasn't when he was on BBAUS). It was literally him just having a bone deep need to fuck with people. It was good viewing.

Jace was an angry scary person, as I recall. Loathesome, because there was NO sense of fun about what he was doing.

• Love 1

I think it's worth noting that Tim's season of BBAU didn't have any form of live streaming, and he still wore on the audience to the point of only winning because of the massive employee-of-sponsor-related redemptive edit he was apparently getting (as confirmed by multiple other players from that season).

(edited)

Wow, a girl HoH who only targets girls (all 4 on her shortlist were girls). What a shock! (not)

You know I'd forgotten how bland/annoying the credits & theme music are. I weep that a nation with so many great musicians typically has total shit for TV themes!

Speaking of ugly... man that POV necklace hits a new low.

On a shallow note, Loveita's got a heck of a rack on her, doesn't she?

Ugh. "Blood on my/your hands". I hate that this followed over from the US show. I hate that phrase SO much.

Pawn goes. Ho Hum. How predictable.

Hilarious that Nikki looked confused when she heard she got picked. Was she maybe just promised a free vacation and never thought she'd have to go in? Or too dim to really understand that she was?

And also bringing the funny... Tim can't hold his tongue long enough to avoid calling Nikki stupid to her face. SO FUNNY. So classic Tim. He's doomed on this show, but it will be fun while it lasts.

Edited by Kromm

You know I'd forgotten how bland/annoying the credits & theme music are. I weep that a nation with so many great musicians typically has total shit for TV themes!

Speaking of ugly... man that POV necklace hits a new low.

And also Bieber, Nickelback, Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Avril Lavigne...

The new necklace IS ugly, but at least the Golden Power of Veto is actually golden now. Although they probably did it just so Nikki didn't get confused, but still.

(edited)

they probably did it just so Nikki didn't get confused, but still.

The boat probably sailed on that one a long time ago.

In related news, someone in wardrobe probably gave Nikki that Maple Leaf outfit in an effort to remind her where she was.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

I don't like that BBCan seems to follow the US version in getting in the house people who will be "entertaining". I like to see strategies, friendships forming, alliances etc and not stupid people doing stupid things for fun. Meh maybe I'm too old for this show.

I love Arisa btw. I know it's TV and things can be really fake but I do feel she likes what she is doing. And I am looking forward to her Sideshow with Peter. I miss Peter, I hope he could play again.

• Love 1
(edited)

I love Arisa btw. I know it's TV and things can be really fake but I do feel she likes what she is doing. And I am looking forward to her Sideshow with Peter. I miss Peter, I hope he could play again.

Himela, if you're able to go to a taping , you should.  You are right -  Arisa really does enjoys what she does. Last year while we were waiting to go into the studio for the 1st eviction episode (bye Risha!), she brought out boxes of cookies for us to eat. She interacts with the audience during the whole taping, sings, tells stories, asks questions. She always asks one person to watch for her posture, and one person to make sure her 'fro doesn't get lopsided. She also actually follows the show (not like Julie Chen), and she knows all the previous players. Really good host.

Edited by Evenshorter
  • Love 3