Type keyword(s) to search

General True Crime Shows

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Otter said:

Oh that kid!  He's on my tragic meter.  I don't remember what happened to his mom -- maybe a junkie?  And add in the evil stepmother.  The child was intentionally destroyed.  I'm honestly relieved I'm in charge of nothing because I wouldn't know what to do.  If other state's foster care is like my state's (Washington), that's no solution either.  I just weep.  

Yeah, I think his mom had some drug issues-I remember somebody in the episode saying something to the effect of, "How bad did his mom have to be for the courts to decide that living with the neo-Nazi was better?"

I've heard about a lot of the issues that the foster care system in general is dealing with, yeah-they're understaffed, underfunded, there's all sorts of obstacles in the way. It's a big ol' mess all around, and it sucks that this poor kid fell through the cracks. There's got to be ways to fix those problems out there. I just don't know how or where one would begin with doing so. 

(Adding to the welcome, by the way, meant to say that before! Hope you have fun here :).)

Just caught a thing on the Reelz channel about Ed Gein and how he inspired the 'Psycho' book/film. I've heard the story about Gein before, but still...good lord. I feel so much for those poor officers who had to investigate his farmhouse. I just can't even begin to imagine that nightmare. 

(Freaky, too, that both Gein and Dahmer came from the same state and committed similarly horrific crimes. Like, what are the odds? )

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 2

Last night's Deadline Crime with Tameron Hall with the husband pimping out his pregnant wife, OMG, my mouth was hanging open during most of this episode. I am not buying what that piece of shit's mother was trying to sell. It's really hard for me to imagine the mother of three young children with a baby on the way has enough energy to have sex with her husband much less want to try and spice up their sex life by swinging.

I really feel like there must have been some substance abuse going on here, meth, oxy. Mentally healthy people do not jump to prostitution to put food on the table. I mean, maybe try to get a job first??? I know mom said he applied at the gas station and they said he was overqualified. Yeah, I just bet he applied at the gas station, and then thought it would be much easier to pimp his wife out. Gross, gross, gross. I felt like I needed a bath after this episode.

ETA: I really wish they would have interviewed friends or family of Jaymie (sp?) I mean, if that pathetic excuse for humanity was my son, I would not want to show my face on national television, so that's really telling that she gave this interview. Plus, they couldn't find anyone to stand up for Jaymie?

Edited by tobeannounced
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, tobeannounced said:

Last night's Deadline Crime with Tameron Hall with the husband pimping out his pregnant wife, OMG, my mouth was hanging open during most of this episode. I am not buying what that piece of shit's mother was trying to sell. It's really hard for me to imagine the mother of three young children with a baby on the way has enough energy to have sex with her husband much less want to try and spice up their sex life by swinging.

I really feel like there must have been some substance abuse going on here, meth, oxy. Mentally healthy people do not jump to prostitution to put food on the table. I mean, maybe try to get a job first??? I know mom said he applied at the gas station and they said he was overqualified. Yeah, I just bet he applied at the gas station, and then thought it would be much easier to pimp his wife out. Gross, gross, gross. I felt like I needed a bath after this episode.

ETA: I really wish they would have interviewed friends or family of Jaymie (sp?) I mean, if that pathetic excuse for humanity was my son, I would not want to show my face on national television, so that's really telling that she gave this interview. Plus, they couldn't find anyone to stand up for Jaymie?

That was SO fucked up.  Of course, his Mommy made excuses for him.  Shame, shame, shame on all of them, including Tameron Gall.

• Love 3

OMG.  I was horrified to see the show last night about the Golden State Serial Killer.  He started out as a rapist, then graduated to murder of mainly couples.  The special focused on a crime writer who was writing a book about this killer and his victims.  The writer, Michelle McNamara,  died suddenly and her husband is ensuring some other writers finish her project, which was so important to her.  Her husband is a famous actor/comedian.

http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-michelle-mcnamara-dies-20160422-story.html

The Golden State killer has not hit, that they know of, since  1986.  They don't know what happened to him.  Did he die?  They have his DNA, so, if he's alive, his DNA is not in the national databases.  This killer needs to be caught.  I feel very strongly about that.  I really wish they could catch him, even though, it's been so many years. They estimate that he is in his mid 60's.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

That was a train wreck in every way. Seems to me, though, that the wife was all in on the sex thing. I don't believe for one second that he couldn't get a job, there are plenty of low level jobs basically everywhere if you live near a big city. I think it was just easier for them to do the sex thing. And yeah, it could be drugs or whatever. Also, one of the ads they put on Craigslist was begging for someone to have sex with her so she could buy xmas gifts for her kids. What kind of guy sees that and says, "Oh, yeah, that's a good deed for me to do." So many terrible people in this story. And I'm not a fan of Tamron Hall either. 

• Love 7
On 9/30/2017 at 1:24 AM, walnutqueen said:

For some unknown reason, the Laci Peterson case just doesn't resonate for me.

Perhaps it is just overload, or I am just jaded.

I know the case inside and out, and believe Scott is right where he belongs.  So no need for me to watch.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, KellsBells said:

And I'm not a fan of Tamron Hall either. 

But, dontcha know, her sister was MURDERED.  Which puts her one rung up on the ladder of deplorable famewhores, right after that shameless soul patch shitbird whose sister-in-law was murdered.  Y'all know who I mean, amirite?

• Love 5
11 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

Glad for the heads up.  I erased it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I know the case inside and out, and believe Scott is right where he belongs.  So no need for me to watch.

Yeah, me too.  I still haven't seen the last installment and eventually will.  It was infuriarating.  Even Marlene got face time.  No one, no matter how much money pumped into a multi-part infomercial is going to change my mind one iota.  Sturgeon weren't even in season and just one more strike against him.  But remember ... "I'm smarter than everyone".  His mom disagreed.  "Even you can't be so stupid"  Yes he can Jackie, and you're not the sharpest tool in the shed either.

And thanks for the welcome!  I came here for the fat people!  I miss the old CTV boards and glad I found y'all!  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

But, dontcha know, her sister was MURDERED.  Which puts her one rung up on the ladder of deplorable famewhores, right after that shameless soul patch shitbird whose sister-in-law was murdered.  Y'all know who I mean, amirite?

Who's SIL was murdered? 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Yeah, she said she started doing true crime shows after that to "save lives." She's not saving any lives, she's bringing home a paycheck. Be honest, at least. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Otter said:

And thanks for the welcome!  I came here for the fat people!  I miss the old CTV boards and glad I found y'all!  

600 Pounders & Whitney? Or Biggest Loser.  I am/was at all those places.
I'm one of many who came from TWOP.  I was on TLC boards years ago, but some people there were too much.

• Love 1

I'm not sure what's going on lately, but, if I hear one more reporter or law enforcement officer use the term, "proof beyond a shadow of doubt,' I'll scream!   If you ware being interviewed to be on  a true crime story, at least get your terminology together and that it's "proof beyond a reasonable doubt."   lol  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5

The Deadline Crime episode about human trafficking was a good one, imo, although can't pretend to understand why the brunette went home, got clean, then left her child and went back to sex work by begging a stranger to take her back to Vegas. 

We recently had a case in suburban Atlanta of a pimp living in a million dollar home with a stable of women. One of the women called police but iirc several of the women refused to leave. Sad.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

"proof beyond a shadow of doubt,' I'll scream!   If you ware being interviewed to be on  a true crime story, at least get your terminology together and that it's "proof beyond a reasonable doubt."   lol  

Well they both exist.  The legal requirement for a guilty verdict is "beyond a reasonable doubt," but if something is say, captured on film, person is caught red-handed, that's beyond a shadow of doubt.

19 hours ago, badhaggis said:

M William Phelps he is on Deadly Women and used to have Dark Minds with the FBI profiler.

I never could take that Dark Minds show too seriously even though it was about serious subject matter. That M. William Phelps guy along with talking with those two prisoners from prison with those nicknames. I spent most of my time rolling my eyes at it all.

• Love 5

Yeah, Dark Minds covered some interesting cases, but the killers had no insight into anything and the phone calls were just pointless.  It's too bad they just didn't drop that annoying aspect.  By the way, people speculated about who the killers on the other end were.   Keith Jesperson was "Raven".  Phelps has written a book about their relationship.  And Joel Rifkin is still the popular answer for "13", though I'm not sure it was ever officially confirmed.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

Well they both exist.  The legal requirement for a guilty verdict is "beyond a reasonable doubt," but if something is say, captured on film, person is caught red-handed, that's beyond a shadow of doubt.

The context that they use it implies that they must have "proof beyond a shadow of a doubt" to proceed to trial and that's just not the case.  I don't think they know the difference in the way they use it. 

• Love 3

I really liked the Grave Secrets, about the professor in Oklahoma, who was found dead and burned in her home.
Lots of tracking cellphones, and computer date, international warrant to get PlentyoFish records. 
A few lapses in the staging, let's not suppose that finding her car in the parking lot of her parents' apartment complex could mean they were involved.
But pretty satisfying one to watch.

• Love 6
On 10/4/2017 at 10:29 PM, auntjess said:

I really liked the Grave Secrets, about the professor in Oklahoma, who was found dead and burned in her home.
Lots of tracking cellphones, and computer date, international warrant to get PlentyoFish records. 
A few lapses in the staging, let's not suppose that finding her car in the parking lot of her parents' apartment complex could mean they were involved.
But pretty satisfying one to watch.

That sounds interesting.  I don't think that I have seen that episode.  I tried to do some research on it, but, the only articles that I could locate were from a site that requires you to answer questions, before they show the text.  I don't like that and refuse to participate.  I wish some other sources has info on it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I tried to do some research on it, but, the only articles that I could locate were from a site that requires you to answer questions, before they show the text. 

Here's a google search that will show you articles about the crime and trial. Tahlequah, Oklahoma murder professor

• Love 1

ID used to have a show and can't remember the name, but it had to do with two random people meeting in some random place and striking up a friendship or romance.  The main attraction or interest in common was murdering people.  Neither person never seemed to have actually carried it out until they met the other person.  I think all my life I would read about such duos and was horrified and what are the chances of two maniacs meeting?  Yikes, recently did see a different show about Charles Ng and Leonard Lake.  Stuff of nightmares.  It was a very interesting show in a very scary way.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Otter said:

ID used to have a show and can't remember the name, but it had to do with two random people meeting in some random place and striking up a friendship or romance.  The main attraction or interest in common was murdering people.  Neither person never seemed to have actually carried it out until they met the other person.  I think all my life I would read about such duos and was horrified and what are the chances of two maniacs meeting?  Yikes, recently did see a different show about Charles Ng and Leonard Lake.  Stuff of nightmares.  It was a very interesting show in a very scary way.  

This horrific duo was local news in my area for a long time.  A more terrible pair has never been.  I was personally crushed when Lake took a cyanide pill to avoid jail.

• Love 1

I rarely venture outside of my ID bubble, but anybody else watching The Disappearance of Maura Murray on Oxygen? I think it's a total of three episodes. I remembered the story from Disappeared and was curious if there have been any new developments. I didn't remember the thing about the rag in the tailpipe being mentioned on Disappeared. So creepy, and that makes it pretty clear to me some bad guy probably set her up to have car trouble and pounced when the opportunity presented itself. 

• Love 3

Three things on my list today.

1.  OMG.  That murdered realtor in Canada  is really bizarre.  Man, that was an interesting case.  I just can't figure it out.  The show even had their own panel of 3 investigators take a look at it. They all agree it was PLANNED, NOT random and that they specifically targeted this young woman, though she seemed to have no enemies and seemed low risk. The killers consisted of a man and woman.  Very bizarre, imo. Man, I wish they could solve this one.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/06/09/who-killed-lindsay-buziak-realtors-murder-believed-to-be-targeted-hit/

2.  OMG. Just saw a terrible story today on ID channel about a wife/mother who shot her husband while he laid in bed.  At first said it was suicide.  As it turned out, the man had sexually abused his step kids for years and mother did nothing saying that she DID NOT BELIEVE her daughter's allegation.  (Daughter got pregnant by the man.)  The wife/mother ended up not getting jail time for the murder of this man, but, I think she deserved some for allowing this man to torture her kids for YEARS and doing nothing.  Hard to believe she has the nerve to show her face on tv.  She said her daughter, who placed the baby for adoption was very troubled, drug addicted and in abusive relationships, since the killing.   No surprise there.  Look what her mom placed her in as a child. 

3.  On ID Discovery this morning Kenda was on with an episode of the school teacher who got poisoned.  They went to commercial and then went to a long preview of the new show Home Alone.  After that, they went to regular programming.  Why did they cut out from the resolution of the Kenda case?  Anyone else see that? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

On ID Discovery this morning Kenda was on with an episode of the school teacher who got poisoned.  They went to commercial and then went to a long preview of the new show Home Alone.  After that, they went to regular programming.  Why did they cut out from the resolution of the Kenda case?  Anyone else see that? 

I think it was a "First Look" of the episode airing next week.

• Love 1

Okay.  Got it.  So, there was a first look at the new Kenda and the new series Home Alone. 

You know, imo, there hasn't been a place in North America where it's safe to leave your doors and windows open since the 1960's, maybe 1950's, so, I really get tired of people saying that that's how they do things in their town as recently as 2010.  It's just outrageous to me.  Don't these people read the news?  Do they have any sense of self preservation at all? 

s

• Love 10

I open my windows  and sometimes  leave  them open at night if the weather  is nice.  Sometimes  I do not lock my door untill I go to bed. IWILL NOT live in fear. If  someone wants in my apartment  and the windows  are locked all they  need to do us break  a window  and they are in.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  Got it.  So, there was a first look at the new Kenda and the new series Home Alone. 

You know, imo, there hasn't been a place in North America where it's safe to leave your doors and windows open since the 1960's, maybe 1950's, so, I really get tired of people saying that that's how they do things in their town as recently as 2010.  It's just outrageous to me.  Don't these people read the news?  Do they have any sense of self preservation at all? 

s

I don't get this either. It takes 2 seconds to lock a door behind you and you lose nothing by doing it. Not doing it could cost you a lot. It's weird.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ridethemaverick said:

I don't get this either. It takes 2 seconds to lock a door behind you and you lose nothing by doing it. Not doing it could cost you a lot. It's weird.

I agree. I live in a big city, and it's common knowledge that most criminals are going to follow the path of least resistance. If your door is locked, there's always someone else's whose isn't, so a lot of times they don't bother with it and move on. I'll improve my odds any way I can.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I do not lock my door untill I go to bed. IWILL NOT live in fear.

I don't see it as living in fear, but as taking reasonable precautions.
I'm glad I was raised as a city girl, and lock house and CAR doors, always.

10 hours ago, smittykins said:

At my old apartment building, I locked the door even when I was just going downstairs to check the mail or go to the laundry room because of certain questionable neighbors

And I remember one ID case where the women killed had all been doing their laundry, and had left doors open.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, auntjess said:

I don't see it as living in fear, but as taking reasonable precautions.
I'm glad I was raised as a city girl, and lock house and CAR doors, always.

I guess part of it is growing  up in the country , most of the time I just don't  think about it. When I get home from work  I am in and out of the apartment ,  I live in a fairly  safe  area. If I lived in Houston , in a complex with thousands  of apartments  it would  be different . 

• Love 4

To each his own.  If you feel comfortable not locking things......I can't imagine it.  I have lived in the country and the city.  I was always taught to lock doors and windows, though, in the 70's, we did sleep with a window open occasionally.  

I suppose one reason that I am so careful is that I watch a lot of true crime on tv.  OFTEN, the intruder enters through an UNLOCKED door or window.  In fact, in Raleigh, there were 2 murders of women in recent years where the rapists/killers entered through an unlocked door or window.  (Stephanie Bennett and Kathy Taft.)  It really re-enforced my belief.  Plus, they may break a locked window to enter, but, at least I would hear it and call 911. 

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I guess part of it is growing  up in the country , most of the time I just don't  think about it. When I get home from work  I am in and out of the apartment ,  I live in a fairly  safe  area. If I lived in Houston , in a complex with thousands  of apartments  it would  be different . 

I understand. I grew up in Chicago. I moved down south (southern Illinois is just like the southern US in all terms, people, language, food, and weather) and could not get over the fact that people left doors unlocked. I lock my doors, but if I'm in the house, I will leave it unlocked for people who are coming and going. I know people who only lock their doors if they are gone out of town.

I understand both parts. In my town, no one will break in too quickly. The neighbors are nosey...and I have an alarm system. 

Why did they change the Dana Satterfield story? The lady who saw the perp was Black... On Perfect Murder she's White and a lot more happened than the original eyewitness stated on Unsolved Mysteries. 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2017 at 7:17 PM, Annber03 said:

Yeah, I think his mom had some drug issues-I remember somebody in the episode saying something to the effect of, "How bad did his mom have to be for the courts to decide that living with the neo-Nazi was better?"

Despite common opinion, moms don't have to be all that bad to lose custody. Dads, however, have to be truly monstrous--like actually in the process of serving time--for custody and visitation to be denied. I have miles of links of men who rape (including children), beat, murder, cycle in and out of prison being allowed custody--even sole custody. Just think about it. Thirty-one states do not sever paternal rights just because the father happened to impregnate the mother during an act of rape for which he was convicted. One state just had an all-male committee decide not to revisit their law. Michigan just gave a man visitation rights and the address of a woman whom he raped and impregnated when she was 12. He served time for that, then went on to rape a couple more pre-teens, but Michigan thinks he should spend time with a kid because the mother had the audacity to apply for public assistance. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

One state just had an all-male committee decide not to revisit their law. Michigan just gave a man visitation rights and the address of a woman whom he raped and impregnated when she was 12. He served time for that, then went on to rape a couple more pre-teens, but Michigan thinks he should spend time with a kid because the mother had the audacity to apply for public assistance. 

Edited 12 hours ago by azshadowwalker.

Judge stayed his ruling.  Said he didn't have details before.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/10/10/rapist-custody-case/751246001/

• Love 4
13 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

Despite common opinion, moms don't have to be all that bad to lose custody. Dads, however, have to be truly monstrous--like actually in the process of serving time--for custody and visitation to be denied. I have miles of links of men who rape (including children), beat, murder, cycle in and out of prison being allowed custody--even sole custody. Just think about it. Thirty-one states do not sever paternal rights just because the father happened to impregnate the mother during an act of rape for which he was convicted. One state just had an all-male committee decide not to revisit their law. Michigan just gave a man visitation rights and the address of a woman whom he raped and impregnated when she was 12. He served time for that, then went on to rape a couple more pre-teens, but Michigan thinks he should spend time with a kid because the mother had the audacity to apply for public assistance. 

I wish I hadn't read this.  My "kill if I'm dying list" is already chock full of animal abusers & the like; now I'm going to have to be proactive and not wait for a damned diagnosis.  First person who promises to feed my critters 4ever gets free vigilante justice.  ;-)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Judge stayed his ruling.  Said he didn't have details before.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/10/10/rapist-custody-case/751246001/

Judge got outed by the Detroit Free Press and was subjected to public outrage. How many cases never get that attention? I run a radical materialist feminist Facebook page, and have been receiving information from people all over the country who have gone through this. 

ETA: Just look at the related links in that USA Today story, and you will see why I give moms the benefit of the doubt. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 7

Yeah, I read that story and thought it was quite odd.  Hmmm......I hope they get things straight.  There doesn't seem to be much protection for kids sometimes.  

I saw two horrible cases on ID discovery last night.  One about a wife/mother, who claimed that her husband abused her and their kids and forced her to make bizarre admissions that she was a Satanist, abused the kids and had abused by her own father, (All were untrue.)  She stayed with this man for years while they all were abused.  Finally, the man was discovered, due to what THE CHILDREN revealed, since they were taken into protective custody after her confession.  He got many years in prison.  What gets me is why the wife did not protect the kids. This was not a woman without means.  She was educated and a an ATTORNEY herself.  She knew better.  I just have little patience for things that that.  

Then, there was was the woman who married the father of her child, even though she knew he was twisted.  He was cruel to her and the young child.  Physically abusing the child, tying her doll up by its neck and taunting her that it's dead, cruel stuff.....but, the mother stayed in the marriage.  Later, it was found that he was a serial rapist and murderer!  

Both of these mothers/wives had a lot of tears, but, I didn't feel much for them.  They really let their kids down.  I hope the kids did get help.  They all seem to be okay with the mothers.  I realize that many years ago women were limited in ways they could seek help, but, since 1990, there have been many ways to seek help from domestic abuse. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I read that story and thought it was quite odd.  Hmmm......I hope they get things straight.  There doesn't seem to be much protection for kids sometimes.  

I saw two horrible cases on ID discovery last night.  One about a wife/mother, who claimed that her husband abused her and their kids and forced her to make bizarre admissions that she was a Satanist, abused the kids and had abused by her own father, (All were untrue.)  She stayed with this man for years while they all were abused.  Finally, the man was discovered, due to what THE CHILDREN revealed, since they were taken into protective custody after her confession.  He got many years in prison.  What gets me is why the wife did not protect the kids. This was not a woman without means.  She was educated and a an ATTORNEY herself.  She knew better.  I just have little patience for things that that.  

Then, there was was the woman who married the father of her child, even though she knew he was twisted.  He was cruel to her and the young child.  Physically abusing the child, tying her doll up by its neck and taunting her that it's dead, cruel stuff.....but, the mother stayed in the marriage.  Later, it was found that he was a serial rapist and murderer!  

Both of these mothers/wives had a lot of tears, but, I didn't feel much for them.  They really let their kids down.  I hope the kids did get help.  They all seem to be okay with the mothers.  I realize that many years ago women were limited in ways they could seek help, but, since 1990, there have been many ways to seek help from domestic abuse. 

The story of the rapist was discussed before. I won't go into it again too much, but what was she going to say? He watches fucked up porn? In the "sex pozzie" Bay Area, she would have been laughed out of there. And ask Nicole Brown Simpson how much money protects you if you run. Look up Hedda Nusbaum, and what Joel the Child Killer did just to her face.  Again, I don't go in for blaming women for men's behavior. 

• Love 7