Type keyword(s) to search

Season 4 Wish List

What would you like to see in Season 4?

The baby was a major mistake only made worse by Juliette's PPD and Avery's crying. Have them go to family therapy, let Juliette sing to the baby and then hand the baby off to a nanny, with mentions of the child at a minimum. Let Juliette and Avery fall back in love again. I like the dance between these two.

• Love 2
(edited)

My list is relatively short:

1. Jeff must be vanquished. I don't care how it happens or who does it. He can be our S4 shooting death, joining the ranks of Dante, Pig Blood Peggy and Pete. 

2. Fix the Barkleys. Carefully.  Permanently.

3. Never mention the names Kiley and Micah again. I don't want to see pictures. I don't want phone calls. 

Edited to add 4. Get back to the music. Please. Y'all just doing too much.

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 4
(edited)

Avery takes Cadence and together with Glenn and Emily they move into "the house" where they live in peace and quiet eventually joined by Daphne.

[ Yes, that is a joke.]

But seriously more Emily.

Edited by thaliasghost
  • Love 3
(edited)

First, Deacon needs to live. Duh. Also, I want Beverly to live. Because as awful as she is, I feel like it's pretty irresponsible for the Donate Life cause to have her die. Way to scare off future donors! BUT... if Beverly dies, I really really really don't want them to go the predictable route and have Deacon feel guilty, blame Rayna, spiral back into dark and mopey-land and pull away from everyone. If they go that path, I'd much rather see Rayna feel guilty about Beverly's death and really struggle to keep it together (plus Teddy and Juliette drama on top of it all). We saw her be so strong for Deacon in the last part of this season-- I want to see him do the same for her.

I also need more Deacon and Daphne bonding, especially now that her daddy's in jail. And a Deacon/Rayna wedding. At the lake house. Obviously.

Jeff, Layla, Luke, Kiley, Micah: BYYYYYYYYE.

Edited by calidub
  • Love 1

Set Kylie's hair on fire and send her to do something halfway across the world with Mikah. Somewhere with no Internet or phones and no ink and paper to avoid any future contact.

Have Lyla beat Jeff with that golf stick. If Hannah Marin could do it on pll so can she.

Control Scarlett's hair.

Gunnar gets to mope and whine maximum 3 times throughout the entire season.

Bring back kickass Juliette and have her and Rayna run highway 65 together.

Let Deacon and Rayna be happy with no drama for a change.

Allow Will to still sing. He deserves it all.

Don't mention Teddy.

A LOT MORE DAPHNE A LOT LESS MADDIE.

I would like for Rayna to be really good at her job, and I'd like to see her working more and dealing with her romantic life less.

No melodrama for Rayna and Deacon, only normal life or work drama.

Beverly dies or leaves town.

Just fix Juliette. I'm willing to pretend all this crazy never happened.

Put Avery back in the band with Gunnar and Scarlett.

Layla gets a spine and some power.

Gunnar may not mope or beg or pout. (He may write sad songs if he needs to.)

Micah, Kiley, Jeff, Will's dad, Dr. Dork, and Teddy just go away.

Will struggles to be out, but wins.

Daphne doles out more sage wisdom and gets to establish a real relationship with Deacon.

Maddie grows up some and starts to see her mother as a real person.

Luke and his label remain as legitimate competition for Rayna's business, but not as a personal rival. I'd like to see them both run their labels capably from different perspectives, and both succeed in different ways, given that they (probably) want to accomplish different things.

• Love 5
(edited)

I would like for Rayna to be really good at her job, and I'd like to see her working more and dealing with her romantic life less.

No melodrama for Rayna and Deacon, only normal life or work drama.

Beverly dies or leaves town.

Just fix Juliette. I'm willing to pretend all this crazy never happened.

Put Avery back in the band with Gunnar and Scarlett.

Layla gets a spine and some power.

Gunnar may not mope or beg or pout. (He may write sad songs if he needs to.)

Micah, Kiley, Jeff, Will's dad, Dr. Dork, and Teddy just go away.

Will struggles to be out, but wins.

Daphne doles out more sage wisdom and gets to establish a real relationship with Deacon.

Maddie grows up some and starts to see her mother as a real person.

Luke and his label remain as legitimate competition for Rayna's business, but not as a personal rival. I'd like to see them both run their labels capably from different perspectives, and both succeed in different ways, given that they (probably) want to accomplish different things.

That petition to make you head writer is currently on its way.

Lengthy small changes from my side because that is very close to what I want:

I would like for Rayna to be really good at her job, and I'd like to see her working more and dealing with her romantic life less  - If you want to run a label, Rayna, you have to actually run a label and if you want to really take care of your artists and be a home for them, do that. Also don't forget Bucky.

Just fix Juliette. I'm willing to pretend all this crazy never happened  - this includes bringing her back to Rayna to see them kick country music industry ass and be close to each other as they used to be, letting her Avery and Cadence be happy and boring and enable her to have a freaking nanny and have a career, keep Glenn and Emily in her life and is it so hard to at least have Emily stand around in the background even if they don't let her have more of a role (which she should) and make Juliette remember that she has other people she is close to as well, like Deacon and Maddie.

Put Avery back in the band with Gunnar and Scarlett  - Get the poor guy a career and friends (G+S)

Layla gets a spine and some power  - uses her smarts and gets her "going to personal hell made me an awesome songwriter" schooling put to use and perform those songs and does stay with Jeff. Having a relationship overhaul where they are on more equal footing with the power play and she gets to pull some shit on Jeff while recovering some of that original genuine connection they started out with. I also need Jeff as Rayna and Juliette's personal nemesis that they find themselves having to deal with. He can join Luke's label. She also has some shit to work through with Will.

Gunnar may not mope or beg or pout. (He may write sad songs if he needs to) - I fear we need Kiley to stick around. He needs some sort of storyline that isn't Scarlett and I swear if they dig out more people from his past...

Also: besides being obsessed with Scarlett you have two other best friends, Avery and Will, dude.

Micah, Kiley, Will's dad, Jeff, Dr. Dork, and Teddy just go away  - I need to keep Jeff and for lack of other storylines Kiley in such a way that she only ever fleetingly mentions Micah and that he doesn't ever come near them again until he graduated collge. Could Teddy do some occasional fathering phone calls and keep Tandy in the orbit of the show keeping her secrets and all?

Will struggles to be out, but wins  - they want to go back to depicting the music industry? There is your meat writers, use that story. Don't make it go either unbelievably great nor destroy his entire career.

Daphne doles out more sage wisdom and gets to establish a real relationship with Deacon - maybe let her hang out with her friend Sage? Also, get those phone calls. That father transplant is a little too unbelivable for my taste.

Maddie grows up some and starts to see her mother as a real person - she can hang out with her cousin.

Speaking of Scarlett - what is happening with her besides being in the band?

Bring back Sadie.

I found a way to get rid of Kiley. Let Gunnar and Emily have a go.

My Nashville will be pretty boring with everyone happy.

Edited by thaliasghost
  • Love 1

That petition to make you head writer is currently on its way.

Just fix Juliette. I'm willing to pretend all this crazy never happened 

Gunnar may not mope or beg or pout. (He may write sad songs if he needs to)

Daphne doles out more sage wisdom

1 - Where do I sign?

2 - I'll do this too

3 - Gunnar's manpain is killing me.  Make it stop!

4 - Liam can come back and drop some of those truthbombs on people.  Daphne can be his sidekick!

• Love 2

Bring back Sadie.

I found a way to get rid of Kiley. Let Gunnar and Emily have a go.

Yes to Sadie but noooo to Gunnar and Emily. I know this is your wish list, but I don't want him moping all over her. If anything, let Dr. Boyfriend and Emily get together (way off screen) after Scarlett breaks up with him.

Also, can the music be released on the day of the episode or at least that same week? I've been waiting on Novacaine for MONTHS.

• Love 1

No to Gunnar and Emily. I know this is your wish list, but I don't want him moping all over her. If anything, let Dr. Boyfriend and Emily get together (way off screen) after Scarlett breaks up with him.

While I don't like Dr. Boyfriend , I do like what he does to Scarlett who is growing a back bone and finally realizing and getting what she wants (and getting her hair under control). I loved it when she yelled at Deacon and Gunnar and that scene about her moving in was super cute, as was seeing her actually working on being a songwriter without being all caught up in Gunnar's drama. So I'm not really sure what to do without him.

By pairing Gunnar with Emily he finds his Dr. Boyfriend, a woman who has her shit together (it's even her job to have other people's shit together), he can have a storyline apart from moping and causing drama, Emily gets more screen time and with her, he and Avery (being back in the band) can hang out more. Seriously, what of kind of wife is Juliette that she has nothing to do with Avery's friends?

Back to my favorite topic of Layla: I'm reading the older episode discussions and they screwed up that relationship so bad in their mixing character storyline with portraying a music industry relationship model. Get it together, I need a right amount of mutual scheming for her career, equal power play, genuine love and character growth and maybe a little bit of Jeff having to deal with discovering he has a heart yet no soul but without that degrading abuse.

• Love 1
(edited)

Definitely bring back Sadie. She can fall for Luke and have competing loyalties between her label and her boyfriend.

I actually think Scarlett is mostly fine as is. Lose the boyfriend, get to work with Gunnar and Rayna, hang out with Maddie (yes!), truth-tell as needed.

Kiley must go, never to be spoken of again. This is non-negotiable. Micah too. Jeff can stay, I guess, but he has no job if the women don't suck. Doesn't Luke hate him now?

I think Emily is too good for Gunnar, but I'd love for her to get her own storyline. Maybe she can intern or something at the label. And most definitely, I agree that Rayna and Juliette should go back to being a powerhouse team. That evolution was the whole original point of this damn show!

Hot Liam and his sexy scarves are always welcome in my world.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 2

Definitely bring back Sadie. She can fall for Luke and have competing loyalties between her label and her boyfriend.

I actually think Scarlett is mostly fine as is. Lose the boyfriend, get to work with Gunnar and Rayna, hang out with Maddie (yes!), truth-tell as needed.

Kiley must go, never to be spoken of again. This is non-negotiable. Micah too. Jeff can stay, I guess, but he has no job if the women don't suck. Doesn't Luke hate him now?

I think Emily is too good for Gunnar, but I'd love for her to get her own storyline. Maybe she can intern or something at the label. And most definitely, I agree that Rayna and Juliette should go back to being a powerhouse team. That evolution was the whole original point of this damn show!

Hot Liam and his sexy scarves are always welcome in my world.

Besides, Rayna must have something to do so some my artist/friend is dating my almost-husband for some minor awkward situations would be ok. Not too awkward though, we want to handle this shit like the mature grown ups I expect them all to be.

I guess Scarlett could be responsible on her own but I'd like her to get a cute, mature love story that makes for a stable homelife and keeping Gunnar at bay. (Hilariously so, apparently Clare Bowen hates the Gunnar love plot and is actively working to get rid of it.). Maybe...getting some solely producer with benefits Liam hook up, as she is all detached and professional now? Because, yes, Liam can always come back for a visit, just not a character we need to get invested in. More like a casual visitor.

I think newly responsible Kiley playing house with Gunnar was growing on me, but I'm more than fine with her leaving seeing as how desperately I wanted her to disappear the last time.

Of course she is too good for him, but Gunnar needs a storyline that will make him stable and happy and responsible so he can be all earnest songwriter and good friend to Will and Avery and I just want Emily to be safe from  being sent away again caring for some aunt (my secret fear every time she is just completely cut from an episode).

Apparently there is an online video discussion panel for Nashville and they have been talking a lot about how Layla has been abused by Jeff basically from the moment he signed her on when she was what, all of 17. Though I think they do give her too little credit, come on, they showed her to be savvy and smart when it comes to business. But anyway, I still want her with Jeff, what is wrong with me. I'm a feminist goddamn it, why am I falling for an abusive storyline. I can't help it.

But they were talking about how badly Will abused her and then he just disappeared on her, I agree with that, which is why I said he needs to work through some shit with her and apologize.

Luke and Jeff are back to being buddies again after he made him sign Juliette.

(edited)

I wouldn't say Will abused Layla at all. He used the relationship with her as a way of hiding from the world and himself, and he lied to her. But he's young too, and I can forgive him. Plus, I think he has apologized, and he was shown as feeling a lot of guilt about it. What Jeff is doing to her is pretty disgusting, I think. He's almost old enough to be her father, and he's using that imbalance of power and experience to manipulate and control her. I think he is much, much worse, and I'm hoping Rayna succeeds in getting Layla away from him early next season.

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 3

He is a lot older than Layla though, who was 17. He didn't need to drag her into this just because he couldn'st stand up for himself. He was her first love, it was her first time with him and she realized that it was all a lie. He should have shot it down early when he realized she was falling in love with him and how young she actually was. His secret almost killed her.

Which makes Jeff even skeevier in comparison as he knows all this. Yes, yes, of course. He is disgusting to her no doubt and still, I want their storyline to continue just with way less abuse. I'm horrible.

No more semi-major new characters

No more new non-music curve balls for anyone. There's already enough that needs to be resolved for everyone. Work on what's left and focus more on the characters in the music industry.

I guess Scarlett could be responsible on her own but I'd like her to get a cute, mature love story that makes for a stable homelife and keeping Gunnar at bay. (Hilariously so, apparently Clare Bowen hates the Gunnar love plot and is actively working to get rid of it.). Maybe...getting some solely producer with benefits Liam hook up, as she is all detached and professional now? Because, yes, Liam can always come back for a visit, just not a character we need to get invested in. More like a casual visitor.

I've heard this before as well. If that's the case, their angst may drag on ad infinitum. 

He is a lot older than Layla though, who was 17. He didn't need to drag her into this just because he couldn'st stand up for himself. He was her first love, it was her first time with him and she realized that it was all a lie. He should have shot it down early when he realized she was falling in love with him and how young she actually was. His secret almost killed her.

Yeah, I know that's what she said, but I never believed it. She got the same side-eye I gave Kiley when she came with the Jason rape story.

By pairing Gunnar with Emily he finds his Dr. Boyfriend, a woman who has her shit together (it's even her job to have other people's shit together), he can have a storyline apart from moping and causing drama, Emily gets more screen time and with her, he and Avery (being back in the band) can hang out more. Seriously, what of kind of wife is Juliette that she has nothing to do with Avery's friends?

I blame this on the writers, because they had to have interacted when he was in the band. When Gunnar showed up at their house in the episode where Juliettte had insomnia, he walked in as if he knew where he was going. They've just never showed it onscreen, which is a shame but I can excuse it since Hayden was on maternity leave for most of their marriage.

I loved Juliette and Will together when they were on tour. I felt like that was a friendship that they could have explored. After all, it was his "best version of yourself" comment that made her break it off with Charlie Wentworth. Now that I think about it though...was the last minute party The Exes threw in 3.18 the first time Will and Avery were in the same room? We've never seen them interact either which is weird since both of them are good friends with Gunnar.

• Love 1

• Remove Doctor Caleb. He is useless after Deacon's illness plot is over. He is a boring actress and a placeholder LI.

Remove Kiley. Car accident, drug overdose or something equally silly. I don't care if Micah stays in some capacity since he isn't offensive and doesn't actually hurt the story to that extent.

Beverly should die. Too much dead meat as it is.

Jeff needs to stay on the show as a villain and Layla needs to commit suicide.

Scarlett and Gunnar need to get together and get rid of all the drama. With or without Javery in the band.

Avery needs to get Juliette psychiatric care STAT.

Daphne and Maisy need more songs.

Luke can stay if he's limited to his role as record label manager and get a bare minimum of song material.

Teddy needs one season in prison since he is completely redundant.

Nobody knows what's gonna happen, but IF everything is continued from the way it is now (without some characters, Jeff and Layla, just gone MIA because the actors have been cast in another show and somehow Jeff/Layla have decided to quit HW65 and moved to L.A. to crossover to pop) Rayna WILL have to deal with Juliette going crazy and being on her Ex's label now, getting her back and realizing the shit that has been going on with Layla (unless the contract somehow magically becomes void, as it goes for contracts in that show) and dealing with it.

She is going to have her hands full. I'm looking forward to her fighting Jeff and looking out for Layla.

I wouldn't say Will abused Layla at all. He used the relationship with her as a way of hiding from the world and himself, and he lied to her. But he's young too, and I can forgive him. Plus, I think he has apologized, and he was shown as feeling a lot of guilt about it.

It was also established (in ep. 3.16) that she's kind of forgiven him, although it still hurts, and that they're friends, of sorts. He didn't disappear on her, as was claimed above. When Luke tells Will that he should write a "good ol' country love song", it's Layla he goes to for advice, since at that stage she still represents the closest thing he's ever had to a relationship. Will unintentionally kept hurting other people, as well as himself, because of the clumsy way he dealt with his own issues (well, just the one issue, really), not because he is a bad person. Unlike Jeff Fordham, whose very hair is held in place by the sheer power of his evil.

Remove Doctor Caleb. He is useless after Deacon's illness plot is over. He is a boring actress and a placeholder LI.

If he turns out to have been played by an actress, that certainly would be entering completely new plot territory, wouldn't it? (Sorry, I couldn't help myself.)

• Love 1

It was also established (in ep. 3.16) that she's kind of forgiven him, although it still hurts, and that they're friends, of sorts. He didn't disappear on her, as was claimed above. When Luke tells Will that he should write a "good ol' country love song", it's Layla he goes to for advice, since at that stage she still represents the closest thing he's ever had to a relationship. Will unintentionally kept hurting other people, as well as himself, because of the clumsy way he dealt with his own issues (well, just the one issue, really), not because he is a bad person. Unlike Jeff Fordham, whose very hair is held in place by the sheer power of his evil.

Of course it's not Will's intention, but he did it. He also pushed Layla into marriage solely to use her as a beard when she didn't want to because she was a) 18 and b) her parents told her they would disown her and break off contact if she did. He was VERY aware of that and still pushed her to do it for his own selfish reasons which had nothing to do with her well-being. Since turning up demanding her help, wondering why he couldn't write a love song for her he hasn't bothered to check in with her and notice that something has gone very wrong in her life. There is NO ONE looking out for Layla.

Juliette has a LOT of people who love her and care for her in her corner - Avery, Emily, Glenn, Rayna, Deacon, Maddie.

Layla has exactly no one. No family (that didn't even care when she almost killed herself), no friends (Will didn't even come to her opening act for Jade), no one except Bucky sometimes remembering she exists and then immediately forgetting about it.

Of course it's not Will's intention, but he did it. He also pushed Layla into marriage solely to use her as a beard when she didn't want to because she was a) 18 and b) her parents told her they would disown her and break off contact if she did. He was VERY aware of that and still pushed her to do it for his own selfish reasons which had nothing to do with her well-being. Since turning up demanding her help, wondering why he couldn't write a love song for her he hasn't bothered to check in with her and notice that something has gone very wrong in her life. There is NO ONE looking out for Layla.

She's an adult. She shouldn't need someone to look out for her. Her whole crappy "I need someone else to tell me what to do" attitude of hers is what keeps getting her into this mess. Sure Juliette has a lot of people looking out for her, but I think she would be ok without them too.

Will definitely used her though. I think, in a way, he justified it to himself by thinking that he could grow to love her and that it was good for both their careers. I think seeing how much it hurt her ultimately led to him trying to do the right thing by her with the divorce.

Remove Doctor Caleb. He is useless after Deacon's illness plot is over. He is a boring actress and a placeholder LI.

No real argument here except I would say the reason he is boring is not the actor but because he's a placeholder to begin with. With Kiley, there is some depth to her because the writers wanted her to be totally messed up, and yet still sympathetic enough that Gunnar wouldn't just abandon her. But with Caleb, the writers weren't so imaginative. They wanted him to be a generic good guy who still isn't good enough because he isn't Gunnar and that's not really enough.

Kevin suffers from a similar lack of depth, but at least he isn't just there as an obstacle to prevent, say, Will getting back together with Brent (full disclosure: I thought Brent was badly written and I'm glad the writers decided to start over rather than continue that inconsistent mess). I think for Season 4, I'd like him to be a bit more rounded and integrated with the rest of the show, the way Caleb and Sadie are/were. Otherwise, he's just Perfect Gay Boyfriend, and that's not terribly exciting to watch either. 

Will was totally abusive to Layla IMO.  I hope to see her grow and quit letting rotten men control her life.  Yes Jeff is worse, but Will was no prize to her either.

• Love 4

True, Will did push for the marriage even though she expressed doubts, but Layla pushed the relationship in the first place. This doesn't justify what he did, of course, but I tend to want to forgive him for using her because I think he had convinced himself that he could be "a good and decent husband to her" and it was a relationship that she wanted. As far as their relationship now, I don't know how close she would even want him to be  considering all that has happened between them. And at this point, Jeff probably wouldn't allow her to have friends since he's been limiting her contact with the outside world.

The great Nashville Tornado that can cull the cast and give us a reason to have a benefit concert episode. Think about it. In one minute we can lose characters from various storylines who don't really intersect and bring together everyone who survives. Goodbye Teddy, Kiley, Jeff and I guess we'd have to lose a good one so, Will? Bucky? Layla? (Is Layla a good guy now?)

True, Will did push for the marriage even though she expressed doubts, but Layla pushed the relationship in the first place. This doesn't justify what he did, of course, but I tend to want to forgive him for using her because I think he had convinced himself that he could be "a good and decent husband to her" and it was a relationship that she wanted. As far as their relationship now, I don't know how close she would even want him to be  considering all that has happened between them. And at this point, Jeff probably wouldn't allow her to have friends since he's been limiting her contact with the outside world.

I think they made a quite convincing storyline of Layla being young raised to be very ambitious, driven and backbiting by her parents. She was raised from an early age to win pageants and go to Harvard and to be her parents little over achiever to always reach first place and fulfill her parent's expectations. So she tried any way she could. This girl was likely 17 when she was signed and all on her own in Nashville. They then showed how she was totally in over her head and just how really, really young, inexperienced and vulnerable she really was.

It was her idea to start the fake relationship rumors but she ended up falling in love with from her positon her first love. He pushed her into that completely unnecessary marriage knowing her family will break for good with her and she just turned freaking 18 years old. He wouldn't be the first gay man to drag a woman into marriage for that reason. Bruce Jenner did it twice.

There was also that whole story arc of their sexual relationship, again, this was Layla's first time, she was very young, figuring things out and wondering what is wrong with her and how she apparently cannot "please" her husband who very visibly cannot even "work himself up" to have sex with her/be sexual/affectionate.

When she finds him with another woman she thought that there was really, really something wrong with her and that she couldn't please him. Not even figuring out that Will wasn't pleasing her either.

I, too, want to forgive him. He never intended to hurt her that way, he simply didn't even consider her a person enought that he would be. Then when he realized what he had done he didn't even care beyond dropping her at his place alone when she came out of the hospital. She is also portrayed at somebody who forgives people who have abused her easily. Hey, you did all that but now we are stuck in this reality tv show so let's be best friends.

I thought it was curious that Layla was present for that Jeff/Luke conversation. Will coming out publicly and everybody having that realization of her marriage must be very hurtful and publicly humiliating for her. Instead she was just...there. I mean, hey Luke, remember Will's ex-wife? Maybe she can answer your questions!

The thing about Jeff isolating her - it's not that she really had anybody BUT Jeff anyway. Which is why she seemed in shock when he threatened to leave her for a second and instantly signed his contract.

One of my favorite moments between them is when she tells him off saying that she is going to celebrate her success with some people and he shouldn't come. That is Layla showing some spunk and behaving like a normal young person.

I also wondered about how they constructed that whole thing when Juliette signed on with Jeff and wondering if Jeff was going to drop her instantly now that he has a much more promising client.

I'm overthinking all of this.

I think they made a quite convincing storyline of Layla being young raised to be very ambitious, driven and backbiting by her parents. She was raised from an early age to win pageants and go to Harvard and to be her parents little over achiever to always reach first place and fulfill her parent's expectations. So she tried any way she could. This girl was likely 17 when she was signed and all on her own in Nashville. They then showed how she was totally in over her head and just how really, really young, inexperienced and vulnerable she really was.

It was her idea to start the fake relationship rumors but she ended up falling in love with from her positon her first love. He pushed her into that completely unnecessary marriage knowing her family will break for good with her and she just turned freaking 18 years old. He wouldn't be the first gay man to drag a woman into marriage for that reason. Bruce Jenner did it twice.

There was also that whole story arc of their sexual relationship, again, this was Layla's first time, she was very young, figuring things out and wondering what is wrong with her and how she apparently cannot "please" her husband who very visibly cannot even "work himself up" to have sex with her/be sexual/affectionate.

When she finds him with another woman she thought that there was really, really something wrong with her and that she couldn't please him. Not even figuring out that Will wasn't pleasing her either.

I, too, want to forgive him. He never intended to hurt her that way, he simply didn't even consider her a person enought that he would be. Then when he realized what he had done he didn't even care beyond dropping her at his place alone when she came out of the hospital. She is also portrayed at somebody who forgives people who have abused her easily. Hey, you did all that but now we are stuck in this reality tv show so let's be best friends.

I thought it was curious that Layla was present for that Jeff/Luke conversation. Will coming out publicly and everybody having that realization of her marriage must be very hurtful and publicly humiliating for her. Instead she was just...there. I mean, hey Luke, remember Will's ex-wife? Maybe she can answer your questions!

The thing about Jeff isolating her - it's not that she really had anybody BUT Jeff anyway. Which is why she seemed in shock when he threatened to leave her for a second and instantly signed his contract.

One of my favorite moments between them is when she tells him off saying that she is going to celebrate her success with some people and he shouldn't come. That is Layla showing some spunk and behaving like a normal young person.

I also wondered about how they constructed that whole thing when Juliette signed on with Jeff and wondering if Jeff was going to drop her instantly now that he has a much more promising client.

One of my favorite moments between them is when she tells him off saying that she is going to celebrate her success with some people and he shouldn't come. That is Layla showing some spunk and behavi

The great Nashville Tornado that can cull the cast and give us a reason to have a benefit concert episode. Think about it. In one minute we can lose characters from various storylines who don't really intersect and bring together everyone who survives. Goodbye Teddy, Kiley, Jeff and I guess we'd have to lose a good one so, Will? Bucky? Layla? (Is Layla a good guy now?)

This is a great idea.
(edited)

More Layla and Jeff please!! I don't know what happened but they're the only ones I seem to care about now, and of course the music! Scratch that, I care about Luke too. He won me over when Rayna treated him (as she seems to treat all men) like shit. I'm also down for more Will now that he's out of the closet.

A LOT MORE DAPHNE A LOT LESS MADDIE.

Oh god please this!

Edited by slayer2

My biggest wish is that, whether Bev dies or whatever happens, it doesn't turn Deacon and Rayna sour and mopey or against each other. We've seen self loathing Deacon for three seasons. Time for him to grow up and be the husband and father he told Rayna he could be now.

In that vein, since it's beyond obvious that Teddy is going to do hard time I would very much like to see some kind of conversation between Teddy and Deacon where he perhaps asks Deacon to step up and take care of Daphne the same way he took care of Maddie when Deacon couldn't. I think it would be a very big moment for both men and something we need on this show.

Also, give me Daphne lashing out. Maisy is ready and it would be unbelievable if she didn't.

• Love 1

I think Luke and Rayna should combine forces actually. They each bring something to the table as mentors that would be truly fantastic combined. Rayna can look over the creative side and Luke can handle the image and business management. Separately they might be great but I think they could be really awesome together. I have no desire to see them get back together personally but I think professionally they would be an awesome pair.

Avery should get back with The Exes. I don't mind his solo stuff I just think its too JJ and not really very Nashville. Every time he plays solo I have flashbacks to the old GH boxcar. I love the stuff he does with The Exs though. He brings a really great edge to their sound.  Besides even together Scarlett and Gunnar need a buffer.

Which brings me to my next wish. Can Scarlett and Gunnar get together already? Its driving me nuts and I like Gunnar and Scarlett.

Also please let Jullette get some help and make nice with everybody.

I am probably the only one who cares about this, but I'd love to see Brent again.  I really liked Derek Krantz in this role and the chemistry with Chris Carmack.  It could be a one-episode thing where they cross paths at some kind of industry thing and make peace.  Or, have him come back for an arc and triangle the gays up.

Edited by TeeVee329

Something I forgot last night, was I would actually like to see more of Colt. He really humanizes Luke and the kid is actually a decent actor. I've wondered about his mother  more than once. It might be interesting to see her come back especially since it was implied she an addict/unreliable and Luke bought her off. It might be nice to see  an addiction story that has a better ending on this show. As long as it not a retread of Juliette story it could be interesting.