Type keyword(s) to search

Colbert in Other Venues

Yes...hmm...I watched the Emmys. I did not enjoy Stephen's bit as a presenter, but he and Fallon were funny when TCR won. Although I do still feel like Stephen is cheating on Jon when he pals around with Fallon.

I watched the Emmy's too, still trying to understand why I did it. It was boring and very unfunny. I did not like Stephen's presenting either. I thought it was forced and not funny, maybe he did not write, someone else did. If he did write he was very uninspired. 

Liked that he won, he deserves it. 

• Love 1

Yes...hmm...I watched the Emmys. I did not enjoy Stephen's bit as a presenter, but he and Fallon were funny when TCR won. Although I do still feel like Stephen is cheating on Jon when he pals around with Fallon.

I just hope Jonny-bun won't hold a grudge on anybody "bromancing" Stephen (there's plenty of Stephen to go around). I thought it was hilarious Fallon went up on stage, but it only reminded me more of Jonny-bun's absence. I'm just hoping he'll address his congrats once TDS returns. I'm crossing my fingers hoping more interaction between both TDS and TCR will make up for it.

Glad he won, but not impressed with his comment about needing to apologize for having only one woman on his writing staff... "for some reason."  It bothered me because I think of him as highly intelligent and this seemed uncharacteristically narrow-minded of him.  If you want only men around you, Stephen, I think you're missing out on probably a lot of very bright, funny women, but that's your prerogative.  But maybe don't bring it up at all, then.  It just really rubbed me the wrong way about him, when, in all these years, I've never known him to be tone-deaf about anything.

• Love 2

I didn't understand that comment. Or rather, like you suggested, it didn't seem like something he would say. Maybe he meant something else that didn't come across. In any case, he had an off night.

• Love 1

My local PBS station is running the Colbert-featuring Company on Great Performances tonight. Check your local listings.

ETA: Not that it helps if you have fucking WEDH in CT because once again they played a promo and then showed something else entirely. Exhibit B in Why I don't pledge. Exhibit A is that damned "members choice" thing they stick in the guide and never, ever explain what they're going to show. So much hate for them. WNPR, on the other hand, has my hand-earned cash.

Edited by ABay

Really interesting podcast here.  I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but I like it a lot so far: 

On this episode of Working, David Plotz talks with Stephen Colbert on how he puts his show together and turns himself from Stephen Colbert into the character “Stephen Colbert”—starting from when he wakes up in the morning, what he watches for inspiration, how he knows the material is any good, all the way through to the actual filming of the show.

http://www.slate.com/articles/podcasts/working/2014/10/stephen_colbert_on_his_improv_background_and_how_he_gets_in_character_for.html

Now that Stephen will have 8-9 months off before his next job at Late Night, I would love to see him in an acting role or two.  I think he would be great as one of Sherlock's "irregulars" in Elementary - I could just see him nailing that kind of weird intellectual character.  They film that show in New York don't they?  Just a thought.