Type keyword(s) to search

S21: Before The Episode

• Start Topic

I don't watch the Bachelorette but I hope this Nick fellow is not on for the simple reason that two Nicks will extend the confusion I feel reading this thread now. ("What do you mean IF Nick is on, he already shot a promo...he kinda has a chipmunk face, I guess, but it's gotten a little better as he's gotten older...arent we pretty sure he's with Sharna? ...oh wait.")

Edited by kitcloudkicker
  • Love 1

Yeah, I feel sort of underwhelmed by these names. For me, it's odd to have a 14-15 year old vine star. I know vines are what's big for pop culture at the moment but I'm not sure how much of that age group watches DWTS. I think Willow was different because of the Hunger Games factor and I think Bindi will probably be different too because of her Dad. This is how I felt when Bethany was on, I had no idea who she was because I don't know youtube stars but she did make it far so maybe I'm wrong and maybe more young people are watching DWTS.

• Love 1
(edited)

It feels like the stars who were on were "people who used to be famous".

Nowadays, they cast people who do this show to become famous.   

My criteria is: if they don't have a Wikipedia profile, they're not really a star. Nash doesn't have one, and I don't think Bethany, Sadie and Noah did either when they were cast. 

Edited by fpbl83
  • Love 2

I understand casting people relevant in the media that might otherwise not be super famous. Someone like Victor Espinsoza makes sense, because while he's not super famous, people will recognize the name, especially if you follow it up with "won this year's Triple Crown riding American Pharoah". Outside of select sub-20 year-olds, saying "Hayes Grier", even with the followup "posts popular Vines" is going to get a "huh" from most people.

I also think they should put an age limit on this show. I'll begrudgingly accept older teens. Even 17/18/19 is a huge difference from 14 and 15 year-olds.

I'm not super excited by Chaka Khan, Alexa Vega, or Carlos Pena, but I get it. I could tell you what they do. I'm actually interested in Bindi. But I think it's a sad season when arguably their biggest draw so far is Nick Carter. (And I say that as a BSB fan.)

• Love 1

Nash doesn't have one

Correction, Hayes is the one cast on the show, Nash's younger brother, which makes this even more pathetic because Nash is the one people kind of know. Hayes is definitely more of a "who..." and from what I've read (Vine is not my thing) really is just sort of piggy backing off Nash's popularity. But as I said, I don't think it's a big deal because unless he turns out to be amazing, he'll probably be another Cody Simpson.

And in Bethany's defense, while she was a "who" to some viewers, by the time she did DWTS she already had her own successful fashion line with Aeropostale, was on the cover of Seventeen and other teen magazines, one of TIME magazine most influential teens and launching her own perfume, in addition to her YouTube channel.

I actually remember the reaction when the day the cast was announced in NY, when she and Derek and some of the other couples stepped out of GMA studios, her face was on some massive billboard in Times Square advertising her fragrance. Derek and some of the others seemed more excited and impressed by it than she was.

Edited by truthaboutluv

I also think they should put an age limit on this show. I'll begrudgingly accept older teens. Even 17/18/19 is a huge difference from 14 and 15 year-olds.

IMO there is also a huge difference between 14/15 year old boys and 14/15 year old girls in terms of maturity.  By 16 most girls have reached their full height while boys are still having growth spurts.

May I steal the phrase "unbearable amounts of annoying"? It could be used in so many contexts discussing this show. It could actually be a new name for it. And it makes me laugh a lot.

Am I the only one who's already sick of seeing everyone do the nae nae in the promo clips for this season?  They're going to wear that shtick out before the show even airs!

I don't care to know what a nae nae is.  I guess it is just some stupid so-called dance.  I am not a fan of them promoting that kind of thing.

• Love 2

What do you guys think..Shay Mitchell posted this snapchat on 21st August..looks like a DWTS promo shoot to me

It doesn't look like DWTS makeup room and the makeup/hair people don't look familiar.  Don't the women normally wear ballroom shoes for their photo shoot?

Anyway, I heard she just started filming a movie (in Atlanta, I think) and filming PLL and then going on a book tour.

The only paring I'd be said about would be Artem/Paula, mostly because I think he deserves better. 

Weren't there supposed to be 12 celebs this go around? Even with Kim Z., that's still only 11.

Most of that list of celebs I'm eh about. There are only two or three that I'm even interested in seeing, but maybe someone will surprise me.

Edited by McManda
(edited)

Maybe Tony has Paula and Artem has Kim?

Didn't Louis leave after All-Stars? Unless they have thirteen couples I don't see him randomly coming back.

Edited by fpbl83

I read elsewhere that someone made the point that if Louis were to come back it would be by request and the person most likely to request him? Sharon Osbourne.

She would be a relatively big name get that they would deem worthy of a surprise announcement at the cast reveal.

Re: Tony, I read that it isn't a sure thing at all that he's in.

Edited by CED9

It doesn't look like DWTS makeup room and the makeup/hair people don't look familiar.  Don't the women normally wear ballroom shoes for their photo shoot?

Anyway, I heard she just started filming a movie (in Atlanta, I think) and filming PLL and then going on a book tour.

Yes but certain celebs bring their own make up and hair crew (this is hers) plus it looks like a trailor like they have on DWTS lot

The movie will be finished by Sep. 9th she has a minor role in that and they start shooting finale of S6 on Sept. 9th then they have to shoot 2 moreeps for S6 and then she has time off until next March

And you can work around the book tour

I don't know that Shay would do the show with anyone but Val. Val posted that he's finally met his partner, and all indications are that he's in LA. If Shay is currently filming in Atlanta, I'd say she's a negative for this season.

But you can meet a person not only in person..they could have skyped or something like that and by the looks of it she will be back to LA before the season starts cause she has PLL filming back on September 9th

Andy Grammer became DWTS official today (via official twitter and Ryan Seacrest's radio show).

In the announcement, an injury to Peta was also mentioned...unclear if she's been ruled out completely and if so who the replacement pro would be...

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15

The situation with Peta sucks. I hope she's able to dance. Or if she has to sit out the season, it won't be to her disadvantage.  She injured herself at the end of last season, then couldn't ever properly heal because she had the DWTS tour commitment. She probably felt she had to dance through the pain to stay in the good graces of her employers. Now, should she be out this season, her place in the pro line-up is potentially jeopardized again through no fault of her own.

If she does have to sit out, I just wish it would've happened sooner so they could have put Emma with Andy and Lindsay (or Jenna) with Hayes. Though it's not too late if they do it before the announcement...I just don't know if they would since they've already started rehearsing.

Yes but certain celebs bring their own make up and hair crew (this is hers) plus it looks like a trailor like they have on DWTS lot

The movie will be finished by Sep. 9th she has a minor role in that and they start shooting finale of S6 on Sept. 9th then they have to shoot 2 moreeps for S6 and then she has time off until next March

And you can work around the book tour

I recall an interview with a DWTS makeup or hair person and she said they do not allow stars to bring in their own people because it would be pandemonium having so many teams not working together while trying to launch a live show. All the looks/themes, etc. are worked out in advance and in collaboration with wardrobe and the pro. Someone may bring a makeup/hair person into their trailor but whatever they did would have to be undone and then redone by DWTS crew. I'd bet that would create serious annoyance.

Anyway, I've no idea if Shay is or isn't on this season. If she wants to do it and can work it out scheduling-wise, go for it!

ETA: I'm trying to remember when this interview was. One of the female stars had an issue about not having their own team and having to be done up by the DWTS  team.  It was someone rumored to be a real diva-type BTS.  I'm thinking maybe Wendy Williams? Not sure.

Edited by Uke

Did she re-injure herself during rehearsals with Andy, or did they not actually start working yet, and are deciding whether she can work to begin with?

I'm not sure. He said he'd had one meeting with his partner 'who apparently got hurt' so it wasn't clear. He mumbled when also talking about having to get a new partner, so it wasn't clear if he said 'I'm gonna get a new partner' or 'I might get..' It sounded like they'd done a little work together, but maybe the injury she was already rehabbing didn't get the all clear.

If she does have to sit out, I just wish it would've happened sooner so they could have put Emma with Andy and Lindsay (or Jenna) with Hayes. Though it's not too late if they do it before the announcement...I just don't know if they would since they've already started rehearsing.

My first thoughts too regarding Emma and Lindsay! Edited by ceebee

Did she re-injure herself during rehearsals with Andy, or did they not actually start working yet, and are deciding whether she can work to begin with?

It seems like it never actually healed. She hurt it worse late last season then went right into SWAY and the DWTS tour. Sucks that part of the reason she's trying to push through is job security.

Hopefully she'll take time off. Why risk a career ending injury when a dance career is so relatively short in the first place?

Uke, I remember that being in one of those Jessica Radloff interviews for Glamour. It was Kirstie Alley who fought them on that rule. But she ended up loving the DWTS glam squad & started using their makeup artists in her outside-the-show appearances.

moni, given Kimmel's extensive connection w/ the Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise.....him announcing Nick as the final "star" seems about right.

Although if they really did have a bigger than average "get" this season, a Kimmel announcement would make a lot of sense too. FWIW, Kimmel has Salma Hayek and the lead actor from Mr. Robot scheduled as guests tomorrow night. Could anybody see Salma H. going all out for the Mirrorball?

Uke, I remember that being in one of those Jessica Radloff interviews for Glamour. It was Kirstie Alley who fought them on that rule. But she ended up loving the DWTS glam squad & started using their makeup artists in her outside-the-show appearances.

Thanks!

The article also confirmed, by the way, that she's still dating Maks.

Again? Didn't they break up once? Or wait ... weren't they engaged at one point? Or did I make that part up?

Better question ... why do I think I know all that?

Edited by McManda

Again? Didn't they break up once? Or wait ... weren't they engaged at one point? Or did I make that part up?

She and Maks dated for a while one time then broke up. They got back together last year or this year. They were never engaged. He was engaged to Karina. I know too much about the DWTS soap opera. lol

You're confusing her and Karina. It's the latter Maks was engaged to. He and Peta did break up once before though.

I think you're not the first to get that crossed, as I feel like I've heard people say that before as well. But googling turns up nothing, so guess not.

Peeking at their instagram accounts - I actually find them rather cute together. They've got a whole, Bond/Bond girl thing going on. Or, I guess because he's Eastern European (or maybe because of how some might feel about him,) you might say a Bond villain/Bond girl thing. ;)

Sucks for an injury to take her out like that.

• Love 1

Is it confirmed Lindsey is Andy's partner now? Anna posted something cryptic that has some wondering if she might have been asked to come back - or it could be totally unrelated, but I would love if she had the chance to come back rather than have Lindsey has pro (I just can't seem to warm up to her).

Val just tweeted and instantly deleted ATL... since I get notifications on my phone when he tweets (don't judge me he's my favorite lol) He may have just given away that his partner is either Kim Z. or Shay from PLL, I'm going with Shay though. 

Val just tweeted and instantly deleted ATL... since I get notifications on my phone when he tweets (don't judge me he's my favorite lol) He may have just given away that his partner is either Kim Z. or Shay from PLL, I'm going with Shay though. 

Really..hmmmm going with Shay too ;))

Weren't they supposed to have an announcement on GMA of one more person and the other later tonight on Kimmel? Or did they realize how stupid the GMA announcement was considering the full cast announcement happens tomorrow on GMA. 

Yeah guess they really saw how stupid the gma reveal would have been today..wonder if Jimmy Kimmel reveal will go ahead or not as well..there was NO reveal on GMA..I mean there would been no celeb reveals left for tomorrow LOL

We should know about Shay Mitchell today she's releasing a youtube video and if her special guest is Val then will know 100% she's doing DWTS and not KIm Z.

Shay's youtube video is an "unauthorized" tour of her dressing room. Banter by her assistant on her hot sauces, mini fridge ("beautiful state of the art" (?!) stainless steel door with a tour of the contents of said fridge), empty picture frames, her socks and various clothing items, smacking a doll against the furniture, etc. etc. Yes, I sat through the whole inane thing. 7 minutes of the assistant and 1 minute of Shay (presumably-I wouldn't know her by sight). Of interest to Shay's die-hard fans. No mention or even hint of DWTS.

Done! LOL! Oh my gosh!!! LOL!

• Love 1

So apparently, per some tweets, they are still doing the Kimmel reveal of one contestant and since Kimmel is taped, dwtsgossip tweeted from the audience a hashtag followed by a video of Gary Busey coming out. Gary Busey, that hot mess - this is the big epic season Rob Wade was boasting about? At this point what reality show has Gary Busey not been on making a fool of himself. Hopefully he's voted off first. 

Except I believe the impression he gave was that it was so epic because they got these huge names that he couldn't believe they actually got. Again, at this point what reality show has Gary Busey NOT been on? That nutjob has brought his crazy on every "celebrity" reality show.