Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

So basically the season will be all about Mer, Amelia and Maggie and the hilarious hijinks they get up to as housemates.

Eugh.

I'm assuming since Henderson isn't coming until mid season he probably will be a love interest for Meredith. Up until now Id thought they might eventually pair him with Maggie. I'm back to assuming they'll eventually stick Alwx with Her now as they've clearly no interest in developing Jo or Jo/Alex as a couple.

While I agree that much of the focus will be on the three "sisters" I don't necessarily think that means that other people will be completely ignored.  I know I sound like a broken record, but last season was a completely out of the ordinary season due to Patrick's exit.  I still believe that the season was going to be divided roughly into thirds and anyone whose storyline was to take place in the second and third parts got reshuffled or cut out completely, unless they somehow related to Derek or to Meredith's impending widowhood.  So the storyline for Jo and Alex got cut, as did most of the stuff for April and Jackson and the army stuff with Callie and Ben's brother.  That shouldn't be the case this coming season.  They built a whole new set for Jo and Alex, it would be stupid to waste it.  Not saying that they won't but I'm willing to wait and see.  

As for Alex and Maggie, it will probably all depend on whether or not Justin Chambers stays after 12.  I go back and forth on that.  He sounded kind of ready to leave in some of the interviews last year, but maybe with the whole "rebirth" thing they will give him enough incentive to stay.  Jo and Alex are due for a breakup or at least some kind of drama, and its probably useless to hope that it won't involve a third party.  But I hope it isn't Maggie.  She just seems like that "nice" type of woman that Alex never works with (see: April and Lexie).

Does anyone know the episode breakdown yet?  Whether or not we will get 12 and 12 or if the episodes will be broken up differently again?  I really, really didn't like the way did it last year, 7-8 episodes and then a huge break.  I wouldn't be surprised if the writers again attempt some kind of pattern where not every character is in every episode. 

Three month time jump is confirmed, Deanie wins a cookie.

Can we make it something stronger?  This is Shonda we are dealing with!  For my next prediction:  Meredith is going to be completely uninterested in dating for most of the season, then a friendship/antagonism develops with the new doctor and she fights it and fights it and then they kiss in the finale.  

• Love 2

Again they are beating a dead horse with Calzona,just like they did with Crowen, new romances, just like they did with Crowen in S10.

April in the army again, most probably to recycle PTSD storyline again and to break up Japril marriage. 

The show is so predictable. I can´t take it seriously anymore. It´s only a good laugh.

I don't see how it's beating a dead horse with Calzona... I'm actually hopeful and excited to see them both move on like grown-ups. Last season they were stagnant, and I really want to see Callie in a happy and healthy relationship. And they don't need PTSD to break up Jackson and April, Jackson made it clear that if April left they were done, and since April left, it looks like they'll both be single when we return. 

Edited by BaseOps
  • Love 2
Does anyone know the episode breakdown yet?  Whether or not we will get 12 and 12 or if the episodes will be broken up differently again?  I really, really didn't like the way did it last year, 7-8 episodes and then a huge break.  I wouldn't be surprised if the writers again attempt some kind of pattern where not every character is in every episode

I don't think the schedule is usually released until much closer the premiere. Just guessing - last year may have been scheduled the way it was to keep the #TGIT in tact while accommodating HTGAWM's shorter season. This year they have another Shondaland show ready to premiere when HGTAWM ends so they have more of a plan (IMO) to keep it #TGIT while still giving HTGAWM a shorter season.

I don't see how it's beating a dead horse with Calzona... I'm actually hopeful and excited to see them both move on like grown-ups. Last season they were stagnant, and I really want to see Callie in a happy and healthy relationship. And they don't need PTSD to break up Jackson and April, Jackson made it clear that if April left they were done, and since April left, it looks like they'll both be single when we return.

Agree all around. Last season it felt like every character was just treading water while the backstage issues were accommodated. They didn't say much during the TCA interviews but at least there is some indication that characters will be moving forward. Callie/Arizona seeing others doesn't mean they won't reunite at some point but it means they will move forward in some way.  The small time jump allows April to be back and let's April/Jackson address their issues, which were pretty much skipped over last season. 

As for Jolex, I agree that there's drama on the horizon. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll have some actual story at least since they built the loft set. I don't mind drama. I'll take drama over have about 3 minutes of scenes together for the entire season any day.

I don't care about Amelia and Maggie living with Meredith. I'm just so happy its not Alex. 

If Shonda doesn't know what she is going to do with Martin's character, then why the need to hire him for a series regular gig?

Just guessing but probably to lock the actor into a contract. If they didn't he could have gotten another job then they would need to find someone else and that could potentially mess up the timing of whatever story they are planning with him.

So it would be 4 rooms, unless George was there at the time too (I really can't remember) in which case it's 5 rooms.

In S1 Meredith, Izzie & George each had a room upstairs. The attic is available and the downstairs room that was turned into Derek's office could easily be a bedroom. The kids are so young, 2 could easily share a room too. I agree its tight and that they'll probably just have a room pop up. Of all the stuff we've had to overlook in 11 years this is minor for me. And, LOL, the kids will be in daycare 18 hours a day.

Can we make it something stronger?  This is Shonda we are dealing with!  For my next prediction:  Meredith is going to be completely uninterested in dating for most of the season, then a friendship/antagonism develops with the new doctor and she fights it and fights it and then they kiss in the finale.

Bourbon? This sounds like a plausible scenario. I didn't think Martin's character would be a love interest for Meredith but now that he's coming mid-year I think he is too or at least that idea is there even if not set in stone. Its probably why Shonda said they weren't sure what they were doing with him yet - they are waiting to see how Meredith thinking about dating is perceived to determine when they'll have Meredith begin to date again. 

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

For my next prediction:  Meredith is going to be completely uninterested in dating for most of the season, then a friendship/antagonism develops with the new doctor and she fights it and fights it and then they kiss in the finale.  

I'm quoting this because I agree completely.  Honestly I don't really trust anything Shonda says and the fact that she say "Meredith will be single" really just means she will be single "for now".  

Another thing I don't trust is Shonda saying she doesn't know what she is going to do with Martin Henderson.  Come on Shonda, you would really hire an actor as a regular 3 months ago and have no idea what his purpose will be?  I don't for a second believe that.  But, while I agree with Deanie87's scenario above, that doesn't necessarily have to be Henderson, could be another new character introduced later on.   

I still believe that the season was going to be divided roughly into thirds and anyone whose storyline was to take place in the second and third parts got reshuffled or cut out completely, unless they somehow related to Derek or to Meredith's impending widowhood.  So the storyline for Jo and Alex got cut, as did most of the stuff for April and Jackson and the army stuff with Callie and Ben's brother.  

yep, agree with this too, adding in the Japril baby since Sarah Drew was actually pregnant they couldn't stall that storyline.  

Separately, I don't get all the hate for having Amelia and Maggie move in with Meredith, or calling both of them her sisters.  Many people refer to their sisters-in-law as a sister.  I think the hate for Amelia is just carrying over to that.  I also don't so much mind either one of them living in the frat house because 1) Amelia had been living with Meredith and Derek anyway and 2) it doesn't seem like too far of a reach that a recently widowed mother of 3 with a demanding job would have family move in to help out with the kids.  Besides, Amelia haters no need to worry...I'm sure she will be moving in with Owen soon.  

I am sort of looking forward to all the single women (Maggie, Arizona, Callie, April, Amelia (?)) because I think that could be really fun and like old times. And actually the single men too.  If they can balance the dating scenes with medical, I am all in.

ETA: They keep talking about this be a "lighter" season and I thank god for that.  We need more fun in this show for sure.  

Edited by Greysaddict
  • Love 1

I don't care about Amelia and Maggie living with Meredith. I'm just so happy its not Alex.

If that means that Arizona is still living with Alex, I may throw something.

Can we make it something stronger? This is Shonda we are dealing with! For my next prediction: Meredith is going to be completely uninterested in dating for most of the season, then a friendship/antagonism develops with the new doctor and she fights it and fights it and then they kiss in the finale.

Shonda may actually want to write the single mom of 3 SL since she lives it. And she also seems to want to write the widow SL since she's heard from so many fans that have lived it.

Edited by CED9
  • Love 1

Does anyone know the episode breakdown yet?  Whether or not we will get 12 and 12 or if the episodes will be broken up differently again?  I really, really didn't like the way did it last year, 7-8 episodes and then a huge break.  I wouldn't be surprised if the writers again attempt some kind of pattern where not every character is in every episode. 

No official word yet. I hope they make the mid season break later this season with it being 25 episodes. Ideally they air the first 12 without breaks and have the mid season finale be on December 10th. Breaking the season up into more even halves helps the writers creatively to pace the story arcs better. I though they ran out of stream in the back half of season 12 and it dragged with all the filler episodes *cough* Owen giving a girl medical advice on the phone.

For reference this is a breakdown of when the mid season break was for previous seasons:

S2: E12 DEC 11-JAN 15

S3: E10 NOV 30-JAN 11

S4: E10 DEC 6-JAN 10

S5: E10 DEC 4-JAN 8

S6: 10 NOV 19-JAN 14

S7: E10 DEC 2-JAN 6 8

S8: E9 NOV 10- JAN 5

S9: E9 DEC 13- JAN 10

S10: E12 DEC 12-FEB 27

S11: E8 NOV 20-JAN 29

Realistically it's going to depend on how ABC want to schedule the other TGIT shows. They have been trying to keep them in a block to create buzz and encourage live viewing. Last season they structured TGIT over 25 weeks. Besides the mid season break they aired Grey's with only one off week (24 episodes over 25 weeks), Scandal with 3 off weeks (22 episodes over 25 weeks), HTGAWM straight with a double episode finale (15 episodes over 14 weeks) and then American Crime starting mid season straight (11 episodes over 11 weeks). That way either Grey's or Scandal was always on the same night as the new shows and they had three shows with the same mid season and season finale.

This year ABC ordered 21 episodes of Scandal, 15 of HTGAWM and 13 of the new Shondaland show The Catch. I'm thinking they will structure TGIT over 26 or 27 weeks by giving HTGAWM and/or The Catch double episode finales. So Grey's could have between 1 and 3 off weeks.

In S1 Meredith, Izzie & George each had a room upstairs. The attic is available and the downstairs room that was turned into Derek's office could easily be a bedroom. The kids are so young, 2 could easily share a room too. I agree its tight and that they'll probably just have a room pop up. Of all the stuff we've had to overlook in 11 years this is minor for me. And, LOL, the kids will be in daycare 18 hours a day.

Yes I think thats right. They did it in season 7 when Alex, April and Mer/Der had rooms upstairs, Jackson was in the study and Lexie in the attic.

Separately, I don't get all the hate for having Amelia and Maggie move in with Meredith, or calling both of them her sisters.  Many people refer to their sisters-in-law as a sister.  I think the hate for Amelia is just carrying over to that.  I also don't so much mind either one of them living in the frat house because 1) Amelia had been living with Meredith and Derek anyway and 2) it doesn't seem like too far of a reach that a recently widowed mother of 3 with a demanding job would have family move in to help out with the kids.  Besides, Amelia haters no need to worry...I'm sure she will be moving in with Owen soon.  

I am sort of looking forward to all the single women (Maggie, Arizona, Callie, April, Amelia (?)) because I think that could be really fun and like old times. And actually the single men too.  If they can balance the dating scenes with medical, I am all in.

I think the hostility exists because the cast is so big everyone is fighting for their favourites to get screen time and stories in the limited time available. If one character gets screen time it's time that another character could have had. In the past they have taken it somewhat slower with newbies, gradually giving them stories. Amelia and Maggie both had centric episodes and did the voice over in their first season, when older characters haven't. I think people just feel jibbed and resentful the two newbies are getting all the focus and being framed as central to the reboot, along with Meredith, when they haven't 'earned it'. The competitiveness sounds silly but I think that's on the writers for not making viewers feel like there is space for everyone.

The dating thing sounds interesting in theory but I have concerns it will exasperate the already discussed overinflated cast problem. There aren't that many possibilities for existing characters to date each other and if it is guest stars it's difficult. If they take the time to introduce them everyone will be annoyed they are taking screen time away from others (as with Dan last season), but if they don't no one will be invested in them. From what I've observed shows with a few main leads can do dating well (e.g. Charmed had the three leads dating many guest stars), while ensembles are better off doing relationship storylines and giving the limited screen time to one person. I guess we will see how it plays out, I hope they make it work.

Edited by Marni
  • Love 3

Besides, Amelia haters no need to worry...I'm sure she will be moving in with Owen soon.  

I hope so but a little doubtful.  Owen is  a player. Amelia is not an adult - a big kid.

They have a lot in common besides grand speeches, both are parasites who enjoy living on other people´s property paying a little or no money for it. I want Amelia out of that house as soon as possible,to be forced to actually find and manage a place of her own like a mature person should. To be able to do that she will have to grow up, I think maybe in season 50.

Also very curious where Owen will live,he might take or buy ???? (I don´t think so) Derek´s trailer and crash in the hospital car park. That sounds like him.

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan

For my next prediction:  Meredith is going to be completely uninterested in dating for most of the season, then a friendship/antagonism develops with the new doctor and she fights it and fights it and then they kiss in the finale.  

YES.

100% sure it will be like this - enemies,then friends then lovers. A bit of hate at first, a bit of conflict then some drama, friendship, bottled emotions and as you said, a kiss in the finale.

But, boy, this will hurt MerDer fans, but at least a year and a half will have gone by until she starts seeing sb else,and it will be a slow build-up, Crowen fans had it worse, Cristina did not even close the hospital door and Owen already slept with She-shepherd in the on-call room.

From US weekly article (http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/ellen-pompeo-on-mcdreamys-death-there-has-to-be-big-upheavals-201558)

The first episode has been focused on Meredith's career and her new living situation, who she's going to live with. So we're not so far in, and I know the focus this year is going to be how do you move on in the face of tragedy? And she's got three kids, so I guess to dive into her kids and work is the most logical place. But I've only seen two scripts."

Pompeo also says in the article she hasn't decided her future with the show, but I'm not taking that as 100% truth yet.  

I want Amelia out of that house as soon as possible,to be forced to actually find and manage a place of her own like a mature person should. To be able to do that she will have to grow up, I think maybe in season 50.

Amelia is capable of living alone and in the finale even said she'd find a place.  She was at Derek & Meredith's at their request when she first came to Seattle (she helped with the kids, etc). In the year Meredith was away she maintained the house; someone had to. She's a connection to Derek for the kids so I can see why Meredith may want her to live there and spend time with the kids, especially since Amelia would need to find a new place to live anyway. I find it odder that Maggie would move in. That being said, I'm all for Amelia getting her own place to live and hope she does at some point this season. 

I am telling you, that is where I am interested in writing.

LOL so there we have it - good luck getting any in depth story for any other character. Good thing fans of all the others are used to stories via snippets.

Some Shonda BS in here where she says she "didn't know what the fan reaction was (to Derek's death) because she didn't go online for a few days".

Ellen said that Shonda got death threats so I am sure Shonda knew the reaction. I do believe that she didn't go online and read through all the reaction. I don't blame her for that. If I got death threats because some can't handle fiction I doubt I'd seek out more "fan" opinions either but YMMV.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 3

Ellen said that Shonda got death threats so I am sure Shonda knew the reaction. I do believe that she didn't go online and read through all the reaction. I don't blame her for that. If I got death threats because some can't handle fiction I doubt I'd seek out more "fan" opinions either but YMMV.

I responded in the media thread but I'm going to copy it here

Well I certainly don't condone death threats, and don't even question Shonda's (lack of) response in the aftermath, however this was the full quote from Shonda. (Adding here: I think she was wise to stay off social media/Internet)

"I don't know what they felt. I actually don't know what the fan response was, because I knew enough to know that I was going to write Derek's death and I was not going to go online for a while," Rhimes says. "I know enough to know that it was a big deal because I got personal emails from people I know who were angry and I saw an article in Time Magazine about how to cope with a fictional character's death."

I feel like she is being a bit coy here bc she clearly did know what the fan reaction was, and that's why I called it bs.

Edited by kariyaki
Fixed quote tag
  • Love 1

Hmm...a recently widowed parent with three young children has her two close friends/family members move in with her in a big house to help out after her spouse's death...where have I heard that plot line before?!

Grey's = Full House?

• Love 3

I responded in the media thread but I'm going to copy it here

Well I certainly don't condone death threats, and don't even question Shonda's (lack of) response in the aftermath, however this was the full quote from Shonda. (Adding here: I think she was wise to stay off social media/Internet)

"I don't know what they felt. I actually don't know what the fan response was, because I knew enough to know that I was going to write Derek's death and I was not going to go online for a while," Rhimes says. "I know enough to know that it was a big deal because I got personal emails from people I know who were angry and I saw an article in Time Magazine about how to cope with a fictional character's death."

I feel like she is being a bit coy here bc she clearly did know what the fan reaction was, and that's why I called it bs.

Of course it is. You are right. She clearly knew what fan reaction was, she doesn´t know what they =fans felt. REALLY???SHE IS A LIAR.

Amelia is capable of living alone and in the finale even said she'd find a place.  She was at Derek & Meredith's at their request when she first came to Seattle (she helped with the kids, etc). In the year Meredith was away she maintained the house; someone had to. She's a connection to Derek for the kids so I can see why Meredith may want her to live there and spend time with the kids, especially since Amelia would need to find a new place to live anyway. I find it odder that Maggie would move in. That being said, I'm all for Amelia getting her own place to live and hope she does at some point this season. 

I think Amelia is a parasite and is not capable of living on her own, only using other people and nothing will ever chnage that just like you think she is and yes, it is odd Maggie is living with them, it is not odder for me. It is equally odd, but I ´d rather take half-sister to live with me than this sister-in-law who made Derek´s death about her and we have seen Meredith has a stronger bond with Maggie, and I think she feels pity with Amelia for not contacting her about Derek´s death,hence she changed her manners with her. She feels bad about her behaviour towards Amelia (regarding Derek´s death) just like she told Alex in finale, hence, she called her to move in.

Yes, Amelia came to live with them but I think as Derek was a great brother he let her stay,Meredith loved him ,so she accepted it. End of story for me. 

Hmm...a recently widowed parent with three young children has her two close friends/family members move in with her in a big house to help out after her spouse's death...where have I heard that plot line before?!

Grey's = Full House?

That was the plotline of Full house?? I didn´t know the main character´s wife died, I thought she left them, Greys has not been original for ages. Just like they copied Lost in S8 finale,etc.

It is the same story as Crowen, on and off,on and off,but Oh left,it seems both actresses are staying after S12,so to me it is like beating a dead horse which in Calzona´s case might be resurrected.

I think PTSD is something which was original and to the point with Owen in S5, since then a myriad of characters has had it to the point of caricature (Jackson in S7) at least one each season, so I expect the same with April,though it will most likely be not the reason they separate or it might be.Or Jacskon will change his mind and stay with her despite what he said. But this is Greys, so he will probably cheat on her amidst the season. The way she left her grieving husband alone, I guess she forgot her marriage vows and she claims to be religious. She does not deserve Jacskon. Yes, she did something human to sort of heal her own pain but left her husband alone with his grief. And she did it again. She did not choose her marriage, she chose herself. Unforgivable. I´d say he should leave her and their marriage.

Grey's = Full House?

LOL this is fantastic! Amelia will be Uncle Jesse who can marry Owen and have twins.

• Love 1

New Calle and Arizona scoop from EW

Do you know if Calzona’s new love interests on Grey’s Anatomy are men or women? — Arielle

I had that same thought and took the question directly to Shonda Rhimes. “Arizona obviously does not date men, and Callie’s love interest so far this season is a woman,” she says. “I like that we’re honoring the fact that her character is bisexual. I feel like her energy right now feels like that’s what she’s looking for.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/07/spoiler-room-greys-castle-flash-spoilers?hootPostID=9f14fc25830230a1aa9e2e6c1e40ef85

Edited by Marni

Is Callie dating Maggie?Have they made Maggie a bisexual too?

What Rhimes says implies that Callie is already dating in season premiere.

Does anyone know when they might be shooting the mid season episode, the time around Henderson starts shooting - mid November???Episode 12??

He is shooting  a movie in Atlanta now, either he was already contracted with this movie, hence unable to start shooting right from Greys premiere or he was told he would start mid-season and then decided for the movie. Which one was it??? 

From TVGuide's Fall Preview... not really any Spoilers, more a recap of what we know so far: 

What's Next: After the ultimate "dark and twisty" season, which culminated with Derek's death and its aftermath, Grey's is returning to a lighter tone in Season 12, according to executive producer Shonda Rhimes. Meredith, Maggie and Amelia -- all single -- are living together in Ellis' house and trying to make a fresh start. Callie and Arizona will also start to dip their toes back into the dating pool. Jason George, who plays Ben, has been promoted to a series regular, and Martin Henderson is joining the cast as a series regular who will likely be a love interest for ... someone.

Again, not super spoilerly but I'll take what we can get for now: 

Set photo from Jesse Williams - Jackson, Callie, Owen, Maggie + ShittyShepherd in the conference room 

https://instagram.com/p/6QYvdJne4k/

A Jackson / Maggie scene 

https://instagram.com/p/6DjljCne_G/?taken-by=ijessewilliams

Jerrika has posted a ton of photos of the set the past few days (Owen / Meredith, Callie / Ben, etc.) 

https://instagram.com/hellojerrika/

Edited by BaseOps

Scorsone is again doing an awful grimace and that very unlady-like posture in that Jessie´s photo. I guess it is her natural thing to do just like her charater does all the time. Awful. So so different from Sara´s beautiful feminine pose.

Amelia most likely steals Derek´s seat on the board just like she stole the neuro chief position from him.

Who is that man wearing glasses (or not) and looking very calm standing in the background? He seems an attending?A new character maybe, any guesses?

Set photo from Jesse Williams - Jackson, Callie, Owen, Maggie + ShittyShepherd in the conference room

So I'm going to guess that Meredith gives her and Derek's shares/seat to Maggie and Amelia. Could that guy in the back be the new chief candidate?

Also at the risk of sounding like a crazy over-analytical fan, does it look like Jesse tried to cover up something in the top left of that pic? Look like maybe a banner, like a congratulations or welcome banner?

Otherwise, I'm glad they are posting all these pics because it looks like they are having fun taping, which hopefully carries over to the show.

Edited by Greysaddict

Scorsone is again doing an awful grimace and that very unlady-like posture in that Jessie´s photo. I guess it is her natural thing to do just like her charater does all the time. Awful. So so different from Sara´s beautiful feminine pose.

Amelia most likely steals Derek´s seat on the board just like she stole the neuro chief position from him.

Who is that man wearing glasses (or not) and looking very calm standing in the background? He seems an attending?A new character maybe, any guesses?

I'm sorry do we have guidelines on what you consider ladylike, should we ask Shonda to distribute them to the cast and we can take this thread right back to the 1950s. 

As I recall Amelia applied for the open post of chief of neurosurgery and got, and unlike her brother hasn't killed anyone so far. 

• Love 3

So I'm going to guess that Meredith gives her and Derek's shares/seat to Maggie and Amelia. Could that guy in the back be the new chief candidate?

Also at the risk of sounding like a crazy over-analytical fan, does it look like Jesse tried to cover up something in the top left of that pic? Look like maybe a banner, like a congratulations or welcome banner?

Otherwise, I'm glad they are posting all these pics because it looks like they are having fun taping, which hopefully carries over to the show.

Could be an attending's meeting instead of a board meeting. That would explain why Maggie, Amelia, Alex and the unknown man in attending scrubs are there. 

Not sure about the thing on the left, I though it was just lighting equipment. 

I'm curious why Sarah Drew hasn't been in any of the group BTS photos. 

• Love 1

Could be an attending's meeting instead of a board meeting. That would explain why Maggie, Amelia, Alex and the unknown man in attending scrubs are there. 

Not sure about the thing on the left, I though it was just lighting equipment. 

I was going off the fact that Sara Ramirez reposted that pic with the #bestboardmeetingever, and Alex isnt in that picture.  But then again, if Owen isn't chief anymore,  he would have no reason to be at the board meeting.  You could definitely be right and its just an attendings meeting.  

Sarah Drew has been posting a few of her own BTS pics including a Japril selfie, so she's definitely on set.   

BaseOps--did you delete that post?

Often scenes that take place in the boardroom / meetings they use a few extras so that it's not just 'our doctors'. The other guy in the photo could very well just be an extra. 

I was going off the fact that Sara Ramirez reposted that pic with the #bestboardmeetingever, and Alex isnt in that picture.  But then again, if Owen isn't chief anymore,  he would have no reason to be at the board meeting.  You could definitely be right and its just an attendings meeting.  

Sarah Drew has been posting a few of her own BTS pics including a Japril selfie, so she's definitely on set.   

BaseOps--did you delete that post?

I didn't delete it, not sure why it was taken down.. 

Edited by BaseOps

Hello fans of GA (whats left of us anyway, ha)!

Just a reminder that when a post disappears, and you yourself didn't delete it, it most often means that the post got reported for some reason or another.  Standard operating procedure when a report comes in is to hide the post that got reported, then we as a team make a decison on the action, and then either unhide it or handle the offense back channel.

Thanks all for being a part of PTV and carry on with the specs and spoilers! 

Hello fans of GA (whats left of us anyway, ha)!

Just a reminder that when a post disappears, and you yourself didn't delete it, it most often means that the post got reported for some reason or another.  Standard operating procedure when a report comes in is to hide the post that got reported, then we as a team make a decison on the action, and then either unhide it or handle the offense back channel.

Thanks all for being a part of PTV and carry on with the specs and spoilers! 

My bad, I guess I used a curse word which I assume is frowned upon. Sorry about that, didn't mean to offend anyone! 

Hole up ... no one said we weren't allowed to curse!  Please see this post.

In any case, the post in question was unhidden, with no action taken, so everyone can move on to more important topics, like MORE SPOILERS.  I need a fix.

• Love 2

Often in scenes in the boardroom / meetings that have a few extras so that it's not just 'our doctors'. The other guy in the photo could very well just be an extra. 

I think so,too, he might just be an extra.

We will never agree.You like her and I hate her, as simple as it is.

You are correct, we will not agree but its not simply because I like her and you hate the actress/character. I am completely capable of discussing flaws in characters I both like & dislike while discussing the storylines as they are  depicted within the show. I'm only replying to clarify that since you incorrectly stated why my opinions are what they are. 

Edited: no worth it

Thank you for the clarification, BizBuzz.  Depending on how the season goes the ability to curse may come in handy :)

TVLine noted here that three months have passed and that April went overseas. I thought maybe she wasn't yet back at the hospital in the first episode or so. I haven't seen any photos where she was in doctoring attire, have there been some?

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

TVLine noted here that three months have passed and that April went overseas. I thought maybe she wasn't yet back at the hospital in the first episode or so. I haven't seen any photos where she was in doctoring attire, have there been some?

Well she hasn't been seen in scrubs, but she tweeted two pictures of what i think is her getting ready in her trailer, one alone and one with Jesse Williams (he's in scrubs).  This was on the first day of filming episode 2.  She also tweeted a copy of her script from the table read of episode 1.

https://instagram.com/p/572md4EXw7/

https://instagram.com/p/57aYdPkXzV/

Her hair does seem to be too done for work, so I suppose she could be filming some flashbacks or something to show the audience why and how she left.  I was assuming April would have gone and then come back in the 3 months, but too late for Jackson since he did give her the ultimatum.  

Edited by Greysaddict

Let's take conversation that's not spoilers to the appropriate topic; for example, further discussion of Amelia can go over HERE!

Please note, some posts were moved over there. This is the spot to talk about future spoilers, and not rehash what happened in the past seasons. Our thanks!

Let's take conversation that's not spoilers to the appropriate topic; for example, further discussion of Amelia can go over HERE!

Please note, some posts were moved over there. This is the spot to talk about future spoilers, and not rehash what happened in the past seasons. Our thanks!

I´m sorry about that, it has to go to Amelia thread. Thanks for reminding it to me.

Well she hasn't been seen in scrubs, but she tweeted two pictures of what i think is her getting ready in her trailer, one alone and one with Jesse Williams (he's in scrubs).  This was on the first day of filming episode 2.  She also tweeted a copy of her script from the table read of episode 1.

Her hair does seem to be too done for work, so I suppose she could be filming some flashbacks or something to show the audience why and how she left.  I was assuming April would have gone and then come back in the 3 months, but too late for Jackson since he did give her the ultimatum.  

It could be. I was just throwing out an idea of why maybe she wasn't in the group shot when many of them were in scrubs. You raise a good point - I wonder if we'll see flashbacks to fill in the 3 months or if they'll just pick up and have some quick dialog.

It could be. I was just throwing out an idea of why maybe she wasn't in the group shot when many of them were in scrubs. You raise a good point - I wonder if we'll see flashbacks to fill in the 3 months or if they'll just pick up and have some quick dialog.

These theories make sense, she probably returns at the start of the season and is transitioning back to work, so not in scrubs and group scenes. It's a big decision to leave given Jackson's ultimatum so I hope there is a proper explanation for it and it doesn't all happen in offscreenville.

I really want to see April and Jackson work through their issues and stay together but in the mean time if they are separated I was thinking maybe Arizona and April could be roommates. If Arizona was still living with Alex she would need somewhere to go now. April and Arizona drunk in the supply closet in S10 was hilarious and they never really used that potential. Both characters have had serious storylines lately and very isolated from friendship scenes. I would like to see them both have some fun and be their cheerful old selves. Plus JCap and Sarah Drew are both so great with comedy. Realistically they probably wouldn't build a new set for this so chances are low.

I can see April staying with Arizona when she returns from overseas. There's the 3 month jump so Arizona should be in her own place by then unless Meredith's house sprouts more rooms. If she and Jackson have split she'll need somewhere to go.

I know that Henderson's character will probably be for Meredith but anyone think there's other possibilities? Grey's loves its triangles so I can see him being the third part of a triangle then later being paired with Meredith. I could see him coming in as a doctor and being the drama via triangle for Owen and Amelia or Alex and Jo. I'm guessing Owen and Amelia would be more likely because Amelia lives with Meredith. That setup would give have him in Meredith's orbit since Amelia will be living with her for them to get to know each other if the goal is to pair them up some day. 

I'm just thinking of some possibilities while we wait for spoilers.

I can see April staying with Arizona when she returns from overseas. There's the 3 month jump so Arizona should be in her own place by then unless Meredith's house sprouts more rooms. If she and Jackson have split she'll need somewhere to go.

I know that Henderson's character will probably be for Meredith but anyone think there's other possibilities? Grey's loves its triangles so I can see him being the third part of a triangle then later being paired with Meredith. I could see him coming in as a doctor and being the drama via triangle for Owen and Amelia or Alex and Jo. I'm guessing Owen and Amelia would be more likely because Amelia lives with Meredith. That setup would give have him in Meredith's orbit since Amelia will be living with her for them to get to know each other if the goal is to pair them up some day. 

I wouldn't mind seeing April and Arizona living together, but I also won't be shocked if they make AZ move in with Callie in some contrived fashion, just to make the hilarity ensue even more as they navigate dating other people.  HAHAHAHA...bleh.

As far as the new doc (or one of the other new guys), Alex and Jo are due for a breakup.  Maybe they will have Alex all up Meredith's ass again, and Jo will get tired of it.  If Grey's has taught us nothing (and it hasn't), women who don't get sufficient attention from their mates will undoubtedly cheat.  

Sadly Shonda is now referring to Amelia as Meredith's 'sister' and I fear we're going to be watching her try to turn them into best friends. 

and here's confirmation:

Question: Haven’t heard much about Grey’s lately. How is Shonda Rhimes planning to keep Season 12 fresh? —Isaac

Ausiello: Well, for starters, Maggie will be a little less homeless. “I can tell you straight up that Maggie has a home,” declares portrayer Kelly McCreary. “Remember how we never saw last season where Maggie lives? Now she lives with Amelia and Meredith in Ellis’ house, which is super cool. There will definitely be some conflict, but of the hilarious variety as opposed to the sisters-pulling-each-other’s-hair-out variety. You can expect some ‘clashes of the titans’ going on.” McCreary also confirms that Rhimes plans to “explore Maggie’s love life some more” in Season 12.

Also:

Question: Can you give some Grey’s Anatomy spoilers, specifically Arizona and Callie? —Barbara

Ausiello: Shonda Rhimes gave me some additional intel on the “exciting romances” Callie and Arizona will be embarking on in Season 12. For starters, their new squeezes will not be characters we’ve met before. Additionally, “They’re going to both be dating women,” Rhimes confirms, adding, “I do want to honor the fact that Callie is bisexual, and we’ve established that she’s dated guys. But in terms of where she’s going now, she’s going to be dating a woman.”

Grey's does indeed love a triangle, but I think they are very aware of the pressure and are going to be super careful with any potential love interest for Meredith. If he is for Meredith they will probably take it slow and build goodwill. I don't see them 'tainting' him in any way in the audiences eyes by involving him with any one else before her, it would be more of Grey's style to have him and another guy be involved in a triangle with Meredith.

and here's confirmation:

Question: Haven’t heard much about Grey’s lately. How is Shonda Rhimes planning to keep Season 12 fresh? —Isaac

Ausiello: Well, for starters, Maggie will be a little less homeless. “I can tell you straight up that Maggie has a home,” declares portrayer Kelly McCreary. “Remember how we never saw last season where Maggie lives? Now she lives with Amelia and Meredith in Ellis’ house, which is super cool. There will definitely be some conflict, but of the hilarious variety as opposed to the sisters-pulling-each-other’s-hair-out variety. You can expect some ‘clashes of the titans’ going on.” McCreary also confirms that Rhimes plans to “explore Maggie’s love life some more” in Season 12.

Also:

Question: Can you give some Grey’s Anatomy spoilers, specifically Arizona and Callie? —Barbara

Ausiello: Shonda Rhimes gave me some additional intel on the “exciting romances” Callie and Arizona will be embarking on in Season 12. For starters, their new squeezes will not be characters we’ve met before. Additionally, “They’re going to both be dating women,” Rhimes confirms, adding, “I do want to honor the fact that Callie is bisexual, and we’ve established that she’s dated guys. But in terms of where she’s going now, she’s going to be dating a woman.”

Not excited about Meredith living with Amelia and Maggie. I'd be happy if it was just Meredith / Maggie, but knowing that Amelia will be tied to Meredith's story all season, and featured in most of the scenes in that house... ugh. Shoving Amelia into the house that so many great characters have lived in is not a way to endear me to her. 

I am excited to see Callie and Arizona dating other people... I wonder how serious they'll be. I hope Shonda also remembers that they have a daughter and starts addressing how they co-parent. It seems like last season they'd work all day, then Callie would go to the bar and Arizona would be at Alex's. Where was Sofia!?

Edited by BaseOps

I really want to see April and Jackson work through their issues and stay together but in the mean time if they are separated I was thinking maybe Arizona and April could be roommates. If Arizona was still living with Alex she would need somewhere to go now. April and Arizona drunk in the supply closet in S10 was hilarious and they never really used that potential. Both characters have had serious storylines lately and very isolated from friendship scenes. I would like to see them both have some fun and be their cheerful old selves. Plus JCap and Sarah Drew are both so great with comedy. Realistically they probably wouldn't build a new set for this so chances are low.

I would love to see Arizona and April live together.  I have loved what little we've seen of their friendship.  Maybe they can move back into the super convenient apartment building across from the hospital where Cristina/Callie, Arizona/Callie and Mark all lived.  

I am excited to see Callie and Arizona dating other people... I wonder how serious they'll be. I hope Shonda also remembers that they have a daughter and starts addressing how they co-parent. It seems like last season they'd work all day, then Callie would go to the bar and Arizona would be at Alex's. Where was Sofia!?

I am also excited for this.  I always like Callie and Arizona ok, but once they were separated I realized how much better they were apart than they were together.  Don't get your hopes up about Sofia though...this is Shonda's MO with all kids on this show.  :)

In lame spoiler news, Kevin Mckidd posted this selfie of him and Amelia....looks like the outside of Mer's house.  Not really a spoiler but I guess this means they are still dating/together in S12.  Looks like they are coming home or going on a date.  

https://twitter.com/TheRealKMcKidd/status/631921696711114752/photo/1

EW Spoiler Room:

Any scoop on Japril since we now know she did re-enlist on Grey’s Anatomy? — Ashley
The decision on whether the couple can survive this is still up in the air, according to Shonda Rhimes. “They are in a difficult spot now,” she tells me. “April’s really changed and she’s really done this thing that’s not necessarily the best thing for their marriage and Jackson’s not happy about it. Does that mean it’s over? And does she accept that it’s over? Because this is a lighter season, we found funny ways to tell what’s a very emotional story — more of a charming way to tell an emotional story, but it is still emotional and they are still figuring it out. April is fighting for things to be better. I honestly haven’t decided how it’s going to turn out. I love them together, so we’ll see.”

Well there goes "the season is all mapped out from the start" that we've heard in previous seasons. LOL, its the fly by the seat of your pants season. 

I'm guessing Martin's character will eventually be paired with Meredith. I don't think he would necessarily be tainted if he casually dated someone else first. If it was written as a few dates showing him as a nice guy and it just not be the right relationship it could be used to show the audience he's a good guy. It would all depend on how it was written IMO. I just hope he's given some personality and story outside of being the new love interest. I know, I know, good luck with that!

Not excited about Meredith living with Amelia and Maggie. I'd be happy if it was just Meredith / Maggie, but knowing that Amelia will be tied to Meredith's story all season, and featured in most of the scenes in that house... ugh. Shoving Amelia into the house that so many great characters have lived in is not a way to endear me to her.

Based on nothing other than a guess - I don't think Amelia will be living there all season. Once Meredith's story of living with two dating women gets her to consider dating again I think Amelia will move in with Owen. I can definitely see wedding and/or pregnancy for them by the end of the season. 

Edited by windsprints

Based on nothing other than a guess - I don't think Amelia will be living there all season. Once Meredith's story of living with two dating women gets her to consider dating again I think Amelia will move in with Owen. I can definitely see wedding and/or pregnancy for them by the end of the season. 

You're probably right. Unfortunately, for me, I can't think of anything more unbearable than an Owen / Amelia wedding or childbirth. Dear lord. They were such a sloppily written couple last season, I don't see it getting much better this year. I'm just not personally invested in either of them at this point, so as a couple I care even less. I know they have lots of shippers though, so I'm sure they'll be excited. 

You're probably right. Unfortunately, for me, I can't think of anything more unbearable than an Owen / Amelia wedding or childbirth. Dear lord. They were such a sloppily written couple last season, I don't see it getting much better this year. I'm just not personally invested in either of them at this point, so as a couple I care even less. I know they have lots of shippers though, so I'm sure they'll be excited. 

I'm sort of with you - I like Amelia but Owen has bored me for years now. I'm not feeling the pairing either. Part of me was hoping Martin's character would be paired with Amelia. LOL never know, maybe Meredith can take Owen and Amelia can get someone new.

Well there goes "the season is all mapped out from the start" that we've heard in previous seasons. LOL, its the fly by the seat of your pants season.

I feel like that hasn't been Shonda's M.O in the past few seasons, or at least it hasn't seemed that way as sloppy as they've been. LOL Though it seems like she's learned a lesson with PD's exit/the death of Derek in that she's "seeing how it goes" not only with storylines but with couples as well, because you never know when an actor will want to leave or some backstage shenanigans will force changes in the middle of the season.

I feel like that hasn't been Shonda's M.O in the past few seasons, or at least it hasn't seemed that way as sloppy as they've been. LOL Though it seems like she's learned a lesson with PD's exit/the death of Derek in that she's "seeing how it goes" not only with storylines but with couples as well, because you never know when an actor will want to leave or some backstage shenanigans will force changes in the middle of the season.

She'll just keep adding time jumps.

• Love 1