Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I was thinking that it would be nice if Maggie supported Mere while she's grieving. Maggie has grown on me and I actually like her. I'd like to see her helping Mere with the kids . We already know she's good with kids and she's their (half) aunt after all. I'm probably just being delusional, I doubt we'll get to see them interacting like that. I just think it'd be really sweet. Plus, I don't think Mere and Amelia will be on good terms after Derek's death.

I get that feeling that if Alex/Jo break up it'll be Jo that ends it with him for whatever reason. I'm not expecting it to make sense even I just think that if the writers are going to do an Alex/Maggie pairing then they'll want to do it while trying to avoid making it seem like either did wrong on Jo. She'll dump him, he'll be gutted and Maggie will be there for him until suddenly she falls in love with him. Hijinks will ensue while she tries to pretend she's not in love with him while he's oblivious and yada yada yada until my eyeballs roll into the back of my head.

If anyone gets married, it should be Alex and Jo. He's said that he wants to marry her, he looks happy, he was a good husband to Izzie. I was worried they were going to have Jackson hook up with Stephanie, when April kept putting off her homecoming. 

I am beginning to wonder about Arizona. I have seen some promo and bts photos for the next few episodes but I don't remember seeing her. Anyone know the status of JCap's contract?

Based on Kelly's Instagram video it seems like Arizona is fine, at least for the finale. They kind of wrote themselves into a corner with Arizona's fetal specially because she can't be involved in big story lines (like the car accident coming up in the finale) unless there is a pregnant woman involved. I'm sure thats why they had the plane crash into a prenatal yoga class since Arizona had to be a big part of the episode.

Speaking of the car accident in the finale....I am answering my own question from the episode thread. I was wondering why meredith and Amelia seemed so happy with each other at the end of the episode and then in the promos Amelia is yelling at Mer for pulling the plug without calling her. I'm going to guess the big car accident causes all of them to "re-live" Derek's death and brings all the emotions up again (even though it's one year later). Seems like all the stuff that should be been dealt with prior to the time jump is going to happen in 11x23-24. I hope they can make better sense of it that that 2 hr mess last week.

• Love 1

Kelly McCreeeey did a Greys Podcast with Betsy Beers where she teased the last two episodes. She said there'd be big changes for Maggie and other people and that she would be developing both a new personal and professional relationship.

I really hope it's not with Alex. I like their friendship but that's it and I've no interest in watching them break up Jo/Alex after basically no scenes this season.

• Love 1

I don't think she's leaving and I don't think they are breaking up. I certainly wouldn't put anything past the writers, but this is the first fight they have had since the middle of last season.

• Love 1

I hope so. I like Jolex. I'd be terrified if Mer x Alex happened, really. It would disturb me more than Mer x George having sex. IMO, that was worse than Gizzie or even the ghost sex. 

Kelly McCreeeey did a Greys Podcast with Betsy Beers where she teased the last two episodes. She said there'd be big changes for Maggie and other people and that she would be developing both a new personal and professional relationship.

I really hope it's not with Alex. I like their friendship but that's it and I've no interest in watching them break up Jo/Alex after basically no scenes this season.

I really hope it is, because it will be the first time I'll look forward to watching any storyline on this show since Yang left. Jolex is absolutely a bore, even if they did spend time together. Actually them together is the problem IMO.

• Love 1

I agree, Jolex is a bore.  Alex and Greys needed a breath of fresh air and the show is becoming good again.  I like Alex and Maggie, or Alex and Meredith, I also like the hot new male intern.  The show needs more single males!

Alex and Maggie are a nice friendship but I feel like it exists solely to prop Maggie. If he gets with Maggie then I think he'd be get even less storyline then he's currently getting and it would be all about Maggie/Meredith.

Before they stopped giving him and Jo scenes I liked their relationship. Season 9 was forced but from the finale and all through season 10 I enjoyed the relationship. It was nice to see Alex receive love, encouragment and support. Even when his dad showed up and he reverted to type and pushed her away she's always fought for him. Plus I've always thought they bounced off each other nicely. They bicker and can be really immature at times but they always make up in the end.

Somewhere in the middle of season 11 the behind the scenes drama changed the direction of the show and unfortunetly Jo/Alex got the raw end of the stick. Jo especially because while Alex was to still head cheerleader to Meredith's posse of women, Jo got next to nothing. As a fan of Camilla Luddington who plays her I'd love to see her get some storyline in season 12 (and not the leftovers of April's army storyline) and I'd also like to see her and Alex work it out. I think they've been a solid couple these last few seasons and deserve more then him throwing a tantrum at a mere suggestion and shutting her out especially if it's going the way I think it is and this will result in him further bonding with Maggie.

• Love 2
(edited)

I find the possibility of MerAlex relationship very compelling, friends for years, no romantic intentions,pure friendship that bonds them,however, love may grow out of it,it does happen in real life. A very interesting mature lovestory that could develop there although I do feel sorry for Jo.

Edited by Season5OwenHuntfan
  • Love 1

I find the possibility of MerAlex relationship very compelling, friends for years, no romantic intentions,pure friendship that bonds them,however, love may grow out of it,it does happen in real life. A very interesting mature lovestory that could develop there although I do feel sorry for Jo.

A relationship that would only be about Meredith. No thank you.

• Love 5

Exactly.

And where there would be no shortage of people reminding him that he's second-best to Derek and that she'll never love him the way she loved Derek. 

Alex deserves someone who will love, encourage and support him like Jo does (even if Jolex split his next girlfriend should have those similar qualities) not someone who will always put herself first. 

• Love 4

I agree, it does have to be handled right though.  Not with the Derek/Alex comparisons.  Don't feel too bad for Jo, she is adorable and young, her and Stephanie can have some fun! (new male interns)  

(edited)

Possibly yes, I´m just saying the idea to go from friendship to love with two mature people is an interesting plot for developing a lovestory.

Meredith can be self-centered,hard to say if Alex will tolerate everything with her living in his house with the kids,or he will set some borders. However, in that year he kept calling her thinking of her over and over again.....

And to be the second best, Hunt also swore Cristina is the love of his life and now he is with Amelia and she is his new love of life (on the screen it looks like he does not even remember who Cristina was), things change,people change. Although I do believe Meredith loved Derek in a way Hunt never ever loved Cristina.

I do feel sorry for Jo, living in that house with all these people,very unsettling for a young couple who should be alone. I´m questioning whether Alex truly has feelings for Jo. He most likely does but he is so good-natured he opens his house to everybody to use and also abuse him for their own good.

• Love 2

Until a few episodes ago where they literally stopped writing for them, Alex was head over heels for Jo. We saw him fall for her in season nine and have seen them grow as a couple through season 10 and 11a. I don't know where the writers are going with them anymore but I don't think we can question his feelings for her when up until a few episodes ago he wanted to marry her.

• Love 4

I think aussielo mentioned good things for one couple not so good for another. From the sides we know there's a wedding I'm assuming it's Richard and Catherine but I was wondering if maybe April and Jackson renew their vows? IIRC the vows from the sides saying the couple had done this before so I think it has to be Richard and Catherine as older widows/divorcees or Jackson April as a renewal but I can't remember full gist of the vows. We should expect one breakup.

The wedding/vow renewal and breakup could apply to either Richard/Catherine and Jackson/April but I'm betting it's the former who get married and the latter who break up. It just seems like April has undergone a complete shift in priorities which has not sat well with Jackson at all and I can see them splitting amicably without a big huge fight.

(edited)

"Kagomei, on 12 May 2015 - 10:23 PM, said:

I remember the ausiello spoiler too, windsprints.

You can see it here.

Thank you! I just couldn't remember the date. I thought maybe the "bad" spoiler could have been MerDer but nope, the date is too recent."

Thank you for finding it. I was pretty sure it was recent but couldn't remember how recent. Although it would come out of no where and be pretty forced I do think that Alex and Jo can also be the breakup based on their disagreement last week. I'm wondering how Richard and Catherine get back to being wedding ready so soon after their argument last week. I'm wondering if something big'ish happens to make them realize life is short, embrace the one you're with etc...

Edited by noname1

I think that the marriage will be the patient trapped in the car and the woman who just gave birth.

I don't know about the breakup. I'm not even sure there will definitely be one. I don't want it to be Alex and Jo, mostly because after a season of being pretty much ignored, a breakup will be unearned. I don't mind problems for them, but I just want it to make sense. If they do break up, I can live with it as long as there is no third arty involved.

I wouldn't mind if the breakup were Richard and Catherine because she gets on my nerves.

After watching the Jackson/April sneak peek i now feel like a break up for them is too obvious...

I hadn't even looked at that when I posted before, I was just going by what's aired so far but now that I saw it, oh yeah. April and Jackson are Splitsville.

I wonder if Alex and Jo will get married. I could see one of them saying, "you are my home" to the other.

I wouldn't mind an engagement/declaration of a shared future, but I don't really want them to get married just yet. Between the time jump and their lack of screen time this season, so much of their relationship has been skipped over. I would rather they just end the season on the same page regarding their feelings and future and then all of the angst and calamity can come for them next season.

• Love 4

I could see Alex telling Jo "your my home" a few episodes ago but since then everything has been written weirdly. Hes just all about Meredith at the moment so I could easily see him seeing her as his home by the end of the episode.

Of course I don't want this at all. I'd rather see Jo/Alex get some bit of happiness before they inevitably get crapped all over next season..

Agreed - I don't want an Alex/Jo wedding yet. I'd be thrilled with Alex telling Jo instead of Meredith that he wants to marry her and Jo saying she wants that someday too. Any scene with them discussing their future together would be great for me.  I won't be shocked if they don't even get a scene though. All season long Alex has been stuck with Meredith and its probably going to be even worse now at least for the short term (this episode, start of next year).

• Love 1

Once we don't have to watch him connext romantically with a third party I'll stomach a random break up. I haven't enjoyed Alex as much this year but the idea of him potentially cheating would completely ruin him for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

3 key questions for next season or premiere:

1.How will Meredith react when Alex tells her he is moving in with Jo and selling the house back to her?

2.Is the new intern ala Derek´s young version a possible new love interest for Meredith? To turn it all upside down to as it was once with Meredith and Derek but this time Meredith being the attending and having  one night stand with a young Derek look-alike? Shonda is capable of everything.

3. Who is the outside candidate of Catherine for the chief of surgery???

1. Izzie

2.Teddy

3. A new male/female surgeon we have never seen????

Catherine works at  Brigham and Women's Hospital (also known as The Brigham) is a teaching hospital located in Boston, Massachusetts. It is regarded as having the best general surgery program in the country.

Known Staff 
Attendings
Dr. Margaret Goodwin (Attending General Surgeon, Program Director of General Surgery)
Dr. Catherine Avery (Attending Urologist)
Dr. Sugarman (Attending Cardiothoracic Surgeon)

Source: www.greysanatomy.wikia.com

Can it be any of these surgeons???Who have we never seen on Greys? 

I quite like the idea of a former character coming in to be Bailey's rival for Chief of Surgery. I know it will probably never happen, but I'd love to see Erica Hahn return and crack the whip a little, because you just know she wouldn't tolerate half of the shit that the doctors on this show have pulled. Then again, neither would early Bailey.

I'll also accept the return of Sydney Heron because I thought she was hilarious and I'm always happy to see someone from Buffy. I could see the producers trying to snag a big name guest star like Geena Davis again though, and I'd be cool with that if they got a good actor.

• Love 1
(edited)

Don´t you think they might go with a male? To have the male/female competition thing going and then Bailey beats him for the feminist agenda Rhimes pursues?

Oh my god, I would LOVE for Sydney Heron to come back to Greys and slap some of these angst filled Emo Eeyores into fighting shape!

I did not watch Greys while she was there.Was it season 3 or 4?Isn´t she a bit like Maggie? How would you describe Sydney?

The only thing that might make me watch S12 or at least the premiere is to find out who the other candidate is.

I really liked Samantha Sloyan as the female doc treating Derek at the other hospital,but she obviously isn´t the candidate,but could maybe join the show as a doctor.If April went back to war zone,she might take her position for trauma.

• Love 1

[re Sydney Heron]

I did not watch Greys while she was there.Was it season 3 or 4?Isn´t she a bit like Maggie? How would you describe Sydney?

She recurred occasionally in seasons 2-4, first as the interns' resident while Bailey was on maternity leave, as Izzie's peer counselor after Denny died (which I barely remember but the internet tells me), and later as a one-time date for Derek (when Mer wasn't ready to commit). She's...really perky.
  • Love 2

She recurred occasionally in seasons 2-4, first as the interns' resident while Bailey was on maternity leave, as Izzie's peer counselor after Denny died (which I barely remember but the internet tells me), and later as a one-time date for Derek (when Mer wasn't ready to commit). She's...really perky.

She was annoyingly perky but funny and a good doctor. There was an episode where she is teaching Cristina and Cris disagrees with her and goes behind her back to Burke and later gets reamed out by both Stdney and Burke for her arrogance, as an intern no less.

Unfortunately, Greys doesn't do those kinds of recurring characters anymore. We used to have Joe the Bartender, nurses, Tyler etc. It made for a more realistic hospital.

Greys used to also show consequences for extreme arrogance. It doesn't do that much anymore either.

Anyway, Sydney was annoying but funny and a nice foil for the other doctors. I wish they would bring some of these characters back.

• Love 4