Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Speculation: Benchmarking

• Start Topic

I'm not thrilled now to hear about issues between Callie/Arizona to come

I'm pretty sure its all speculation at this point so technically you're still spoiler free :)

Sorry, Evie. I somehow missed your post about the person filming with Sarah, etc. when I posted earlier.

(edited)

SaRa is filming? I know one of the links above was an older actor saying he was working with SD, JC and JCap which seems like an April thing but could be an Arizona thing, especially if she's getting emotional material.

Maybe such material is her making amends with April and being really really really really sorry for what she did. It's stupid, but I do see it as something the show would play up as soul-wrenchingly emotional moment. 

And I'd much rather prefer that to custody battle over Sofia. 

Edited by Joana
  • Love 1

I have a (bad) feeling it might be something like that.

What bugs me, though, is that it's said that Callie makes a decision concerning Sofia without consulting Arizona. We saw in the last episode that she apparently sees herself with Penny forever, so it would make sense that'd she'd want to include her in some way, but would she really do it behind Arizona's back? It would be horrible and a complete opposite to how their parental situation has been portrayed so far.

I know character assassination is all the rage on the show lately, but it would be disgusting if they went there.

I can't even bring myself to admit how disgusted and pissed I will be. Penny is a resident who doesn't even have time to sleep with callie (even in last episode she said something like I have rounds) and if they go there where they make her ready to be another mother to Sofia, it will just be so thoughtless and idiotic. Heck even Jo isn't ready to have babies, and suddenly Penny is?

Maybe it's Penny who wins the grant and callie decides to follow her wherever she go, taking Sofia away with her that make Arizona take legal action?

Not to mention how wrong it would be to show such stuff when callie couldn't go to Africa in season 7 when she didn't even had a daughter or owned a hospital?.

oh wow i didn't knew greys would go that route where they will show calzona fighting the custody battle. is Callie taking Sofia away from Arizona? Does she wants to give perfect penny some parental rights? it's such an disservice to such an important character. even if sara decides to leave, sending her off with penny is such an slap on sara's face herself.

Ellen said that Jcap is gonna rip our hearts out in 1222 so i totally think arizona is gon fight for sofia. While I can bear with all this happenings knowing that Sara and Jcap will kill this storyline, I would have preferred it not have anything to do with penny.

I'm sure it's calzona, no one saw jesse and sarah on court house set, just Jcap Sara and jchamers. Alex is probably there to support arizona. im sure they have squizzed in meredith as callie's support as well.

Maybe when they got divorced (they weren't legally married, so let's say end their partnership), Callie dropped 'robbin' out of Sofia's name?

Honestly it's so irritating and disgusting like they could have dropped Sloan too if they were going that route. im with all the people feeling offended by it.

Me too. The stupid insulting storyline with the 'modern family' was supposed to be about 3 equal parents, it is not just 'aw well they forgot' thing with the name, it is totally insulting and SHOULD be addressed.

(edited)

Are we sure its Sara and not Sarah? On FB: https://www.facebook.com/smendel/posts/10153681354798250He's a guest star saying he's working with Justin, Sarah and Jessica. He doesn't say what its about but I don't know what kind of case April would be on with Arizona and Alex so I think it may be personal. Perhaps he's a doc for April's baby or its whatever the court scene is? If Catherine was setting up some legal action in the last episode they'd fit for a court scene too. Just throwing the idea out there.

Sarah did post a pic of her and Justin in the OR in OR scrubs and someone posted a pic of the OR board that shows April as the attending for an OBGYN patient. So April and Alex are working together in a professional sense in 12x22.

Here's the pic https://instagram.com/p/BDn5L7lkXyO/.

Why Aprils working on an OBGYN case who knows maybe there's a time jump and she switches specialties maybe the OBGYN patient is also a trauma patient?

Edited by aprilbabe

I'm pretty sure its all speculation at this point so technically you're still spoiler free :)

Sorry, Evie. I somehow missed your post about the person filming with Sarah, etc. when I posted earlier.

Good point, and the speculation that I was referring to really was based on a lot of guesswork.  Apparently in one of the behind the scenes photos at this courthouse location, someone spotted the colored tape that is used to mark where each actor stands.  The regulars usually have a specific color each time and in this BTS photo, there was colored tape for JC and SaRa.  But of course, with more regulars than colors in the actual rainbow, they may have to use different colored tape for guest stars, extras, etc.  As far as I know the only person actually seen at this particular courthouse location shoot was JCap.  So the rest is pure speculation and not really based on any evidence.  So I would guess that it is more based on Arizona/Callie/Sofia given the episode descriptions and the supposed emotional performance that JCap is giving.  

Also, Callie isn't my favorite, but I wouldn't be happy about SaRa leaving.  However, if it means that Penny can go to, I think I would be able to get over it pretty quickly.  I am hoping that Shonda does have an end season in mind and that the next however many seasons can be planned out with those who stay for next season, whoever that may be, and they don't feel the need to replace those who leave in order to plan for for future exits.

• Love 2

I have a (bad) feeling it might be something like that.

What bugs me, though, is that it's said that Callie makes a decision concerning Sofia without consulting Arizona. We saw in the last episode that she apparently sees herself with Penny forever, so it would make sense that'd she'd want to include her in some way, but would she really do it behind Arizona's back? It would be horrible and a complete opposite to how their parental situation has been portrayed so far.

I know character assassination is all the rage on the show lately, but it would be disgusting if they went there. 

Callie just introduced Sofia to Penny.  She is not going to try to provide Penny with any sort of rights regarding Sofia.

Also Callie knows Arizona is Sofia's mother.  She's never disputed that.

I do wonder about all these decisions that are happening.

At the same time, I'm not going to jump to conclusions based on often poorly worded synopses.

Remember Arizona was supposed to be considering dating again, when in fact she was dating rather prolifically?

• Love 1

So, so far 12.19, 12.20, and 12.22 have confirmed Calzona storylines. It looks like they saved Calzona drama for the season finale. I was wondering why those two hadn't interacted with each other (on screen) ever since the start of this season.

As a fan of this couple I'm both thrilled and terrified of what's to come. Thrilled because they seem to have potentially powerful scenes up a head and terrified because, well, Shonda hasn't been kind to this so called "MFEO" couple.

I hope to god it won't be a custody battle, but it all clues are pointing to that. And despite not like Callie this season, I sure as heck don't want to see her leave Greys and definitely don't want to see her leave with Penny. That would be a blasphemy to Calzona, the character and the fans.

So, so far 12.19, 12.20, and 12.22 have confirmed Calzona storylines. It looks like they saved Calzona drama for the season finale. I was wondering why those two hadn't interacted with each other (on screen) ever since the start of this season.

As a fan of this couple I'm both thrilled and terrified of what's to come. Thrilled because they seem to have potentially powerful scenes up a head and terrified because, well, Shonda hasn't been kind to this so called "MFEO" couple.

I hope to god it won't be a custody battle, but it all clues are pointing to that. And despite not like Callie this season, I sure as heck don't want to see her leave Greys and definitely don't want to see her leave with Penny. That would be a blasphemy to Calzona, the character and the fans.

It isn't fair that they explored mediocre couples throughout the season and now that they need to go into hiatus with something potential to look forward to, they give us Calzona. It's like baiting on their fame status. It's the same way they opened the season with Calzona hi-if and all. Still i have been dying for Jcap and Sara to slay some story lines this season and I'm glad it's finally happening.

At the same time, I'm not going to jump to conclusions based on often poorly worded synopses.

Remember Arizona was supposed to be considering dating again, when in fact she was dating rather prolifically?

Of course, it could well be just baiting. Still, I have a feeling something big is coming up for those two. I don't think it's a coincidence that they've interacted in two episodes in a row. And the last episode basically killed whatever tiny hope there still was of the two of them reuniting, so whatever happens, I don't think it's anything good. 

Perhaps it will be a misunderstanding of some sort that makes Arizona believe Callie is trying to exclude her, so she freaks out and sues for custody. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Penny is being built up so much just so that her leaving with Callie would be justified. That is, that their relationship is well established enough at that point so it wouldn't look odd if Callie decided to follow Penny when she for whatever reason decides to leave. 

As badly as I want Penny gone, I will be so, so upset if that's how Callie is written off. She's been a huge part of the series virtually since it started, and the character - and actress - deserve a lot better. Granted, I'm jumping the gun big time... but it just seems to me like they're heading that way. I really hope I'm wrong. Of course I'd prefer Callie to leave rather than get killed, but I'd hate to have her go off with Penny and leave with a fractured relationship with Arizona. Not to mention, I'll be really upset if they minimize her friendships with so many other characters on the show. Callie and Arizona have seemed to co-parent so well (even when they often forget that they have a child), so it's just odd to have this come up suddenly, if that's in fact what it is. 

Callie / Arizona aside, My ideal storyline for the last few episodes would be to really focus on some growth with Alex / Jo, have them figure out their issues, work through things, and get to a good place - cultivating with a proper engagement in the penultimate episode. Then, in the final few moments of the finale, Izzie shows up with Alex's baby and tells him that her cancer is back and she's nearing death. It would: 

1) Get a ton of buzz and have fans old & new talking over the summer, and tuning in next year for the premiere

2) Give a proper sendoff to Izzie at the start of S13. I'd love to see moments with Izzie and Meredith, Bailey, and Richard, etc. Then kill her. 

3) Allow Shonda to kill off a huge character that isn't a regular.

4) Open up a big storyline for Alex & Jo next year: Izzie dies and Alex has a child to raise. Jo, obviously, is not ready for that...

• Love 1
(edited)

As badly as I want Penny gone, I will be so, so upset if that's how Callie is written off. She's been a huge part of the series virtually since it started, and the character - and actress - deserve a lot better. Granted, I'm jumping the gun big time... but it just seems to me like they're heading that way. I really hope I'm wrong. Of course I'd prefer Callie to leave rather than get killed, but I'd hate to have her go off with Penny and leave with a fractured relationship with Arizona. Not to mention, I'll be really upset if they minimize her friendships with so many other characters on the show. Callie and Arizona have seemed to co-parent so well (even when they often forget that they have a child), so it's just odd to have this come up suddenly, if that's in fact what it is. 

Callie / Arizona aside, My ideal storyline for the last few episodes would be to really focus on some growth with Alex / Jo, have them figure out their issues, work through things, and get to a good place - cultivating with a proper engagement in the penultimate episode. Then, in the final few moments of the finale, Izzie shows up with Alex's baby and tells him that her cancer is back and she's nearing death. It would: 

1) Get a ton of buzz and have fans old & new talking over the summer, and tuning in next year for the premiere

2) Give a proper sendoff to Izzie at the start of S13. I'd love to see moments with Izzie and Meredith, Bailey, and Richard, etc. Then kill her. 

3) Allow Shonda to kill off a huge character that isn't a regular.

4) Open up a big storyline for Alex & Jo next year: Izzie dies and Alex has a child to raise. Jo, obviously, is not ready for that...

I would actually love that, but I just don't think that there is any way that KH is ever, ever coming back.  However, if they could get Sharon Lawrence who plays Izzie's mom back to say that either Izzie is on her deathbed (my preference) or that Izzie died and surprise! here is your baby, that could work.  I just think that we would have heard something about this by now.  They have really been keeping things under wraps, but we heard about Wlmer, and some sort of hint has been mentioned about every other character on the show, except Alex or Jo.  JC hasn't done an interview in 2 years and nothing seems to be on the horizon.  At the same time, I don't think there is any doubt of him leaving.  I guess we'll see about Camilla.

Its possible that Jo and Alex will have a lot going on in the last two episode like last season, and while that really won't make up for all that has been ignored and handled poorly this season, it will at least give me something to look forward to as far as they are concerned.  But my guess is that Jo will put the ring on in the finale, essentially "proposing" to Alex with no discussion about their "break up" or any other issues, and then after a months long time jump in the premiere we will find out that they eloped, and they will remain vaguely happy offscreen.  I would love to be wrong, but going by the season so far, I don't think I will be.

ETA - I agree about Callie and Penny, and I think that there is an equal chance that Penny is her exit and that this will be used as the cliffhanger until we find out what SaRa's contract status is.  I maintain that Shonda MUST know, at least unofficially, who is staying and who is going at this point.  The finale has been written and they will be working on season 13 soon.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 2

I would actually love that, but I just don't think that there is any way that KH is ever, ever coming back.  However, if they could get Sharon Lawrence who plays Izzie's mom back to say that either Izzie is on her deathbed (my preference) or that Izzie died and surprise! here is your baby, that could work.  I just think that we would have heard something about this by now.  They have really been keeping things under wraps, but we heard about Wlmer, and some sort of hint has been mentioned about every other character on the show, except Alex or Jo.  JC hasn't done an interview in 2 years and nothing seems to be on the horizon.  At the same time, I don't think there is any doubt of him leaving.  I guess we'll see about Camilla.

Its possible that Jo and Alex will have a lot going on in the last two episode like last season, and while that really won't make up for all that has been ignored and handled poorly this season, it will at least give me something to look forward to as far as they are concerned.  But my guess is that Jo will put the ring on in the finale, essentially "proposing" to Alex with no discussion about their "break up" or any other issues, and then after a months long time jump in the premiere we will find out that they eloped, and they will remain vaguely happy offscreen.  I would love to be wrong, but going by the season so far, I don't think I will be.

Oh jeez, the fanbase would have a meltdown if they had Alex / Jo elope over the break lol. Although, they did do that before with Callie and George. I agree, having Izzie's mom pop up with the baby could work too. I just think that the way Izzie left always rubbed me the wrong way and made me sort of sad, and I wish Shonda would be able to put the 'drama' behind her in service of a story that could not only get a lot of buzz, but be interesting for a number of characters. KH herself said she'd love to return for a guest stint, but Shonda is obviously against it. Alex aside, I'd love to see Izzie speak with Meredith again and catch up on what's happened since she left (basically a Seattle Grace genocide.) She also had interesting dynamics with both Richard and Bailey. When they brought back Isaiah, it gave me a glimmer of hope... but, yes, the chances of KH being asked back seem to still be slim to none. 

But the more I think of it, the more I could it could be a really interesting game-changer for Alex and Jo. It would be the opportunity to give them at least a multi-episode arc next year, since the writers don't seem to know what else to do with them. And we know that Shonda loves getting buzz (to be fair, every show runner does) but I can't think of a single way to get more press than having Heigl return. 

I agree, I especially hated the way that Izzie left things with Meredith and it would be a great story for Alex and Jo (and interesting for Meredith, Callie, Bailey and Richard) and would get some buzz. If only...

Maybe if we get a lot of exits at the end of this season (and neither one of them leave) then we will get more focus on Alex and/or Jo next season.  But I'm not sure who Shonda would cut or who wants to leave, and that is what I have been telling myself for the last two seasons and it hasn't happened.  So I am not that hopeful, unfortunately.

• Love 1

I agree, I especially hated the way that Izzie left things with Meredith and it would be a great story for Alex and Jo (and interesting for Meredith, Callie, Bailey and Richard) and would get some buzz. If only...

Maybe if we get a lot of exits at the end of this season (and neither one of them leave) then we will get more focus on Alex and/or Jo next season.  But I'm not sure who Shonda would cut or who wants to leave, and that is what I have been telling myself for the last two seasons and it hasn't happened.  So I am not that hopeful, unfortunately.

I totally agree - the last Izzie / Meredith scene is really, really heartbreaking to me. Izzie was a tumultuous character for me and I disliked a lot of her actions, but I always really liked her deep down. I hated to see her lie to Meredith and minimize their relationship. I'd love to see some sort of follow-up for the two of them. 

And I think the biggest issue is that, in recent seasons especially, whenever one character leaves, we get 2 more. When Cristina left, we got Amelia and Maggie. When Derek left, we got Riggs and Penny (and Ben was upped to a regular.) Rather than investing time in the already-existing characters, they just keep adding more. I hope this year we lose a few (*cough* Steph and Penny *cough*) and don't get any new additions next year. I actually like Riggs, but not at the expense of Alex. 

• Love 3
(edited)
However, if they could get Sharon Lawrence who plays Izzie's mom back to say that either Izzie is on her deathbed (my preference) or that Izzie died and surprise! here is your baby, that could work.

IMO, there's no way KH will ever be back. Shonda said it and KH said it too. I hated some things Izzie did but overall I liked Izzie but I don't want her to come back. We're reaching the point where she'll be gone more seasons that she was here. It just feels too late and I'm just not interested in having her come back just to die. I'd much prefer this idea of Izzie's mom bringing a kid around if they want to work that in. Personally I don't think it will happen. I honestly don't believe there's any interest in writing any ongoing storyline for Alex.  He and Jo may get a couple of scenes before the end of the season and maybe a few next season but doubtful they'd ever dedicate enough storyline to Alex for something like he and Izzie's child. We'd probably see Maggie's adoptive parents will move to Seattle and DeLuca will have a pop son  before that happened.  It took 6+ seasons for a family member of Alex's to come to Seattle and then he talked mainly to Meredith.

Anyway, I'm starting to think that Penny is being built up so much just so that her leaving with Callie would be justified. That is, that their relationship is well established enough at that point so it wouldn't look odd if Callie decided to follow Penny when she for whatever reason decides to leave.

I go back and forth but I am leaning towards thinking Sara isn't leaving. I think they could be building towards it looking that way and then have Callie & Arizona have a moment at the end of the season after Callie decides to stay. Gives fans hope for next year and sets up story for them to reunite if the writers want to write for them.

ETA: just saw press release info:

THURSDAY, APRIL 28:  8:00-9:00 p.m. GREY’S ANATOMY – “You’re Gonna Need Someone on Your Side” – Stephanie struggles with boundaries while Callie and Arizona ask their friends for support during a difficult situation.

THURSDAY, MAY 5:

8:00-9:00 p.m. GREY’S ANATOMY –  “Mama Tried” – Alex and April help a pregnant teen through a medical crisis, and Callie and Arizona disagree about what’s best for Sofia.

Edited by windsprints
(edited)

I know Shonda definitely said (more than once now) that Izzie would never return - so, yea, I'll have to take her word for it. I did think I heard Heigl say somewhere recently that if she was asked she'd do it, but obviously they're not going to reach out. I just wish we got better closure for such an important character and I wish we'd get something substantial for Alex. I think in the first few seasons, despite not meeting his family, he had consistent story and was always a major player. The thing is, Alex actually has a lot of screen time now - it's just rarely anything substantial. Why not translate it into an actual storyline for his character, rather than him popping in and supporting everyone else? 

I actually totally forgot about DeLuca until you mentioned him, Windsprints. So, we actually got 3 new regulars this year + Penny who gets more screen time than most of the regular cast. I have no problems with new characters, but when the cast is this huge it just leads to choppy stories and several underused actors.

I'm really back-and-forth on Callie's status, too. I hope she stays. That new press release has me even more confused regarding their story. 

I think Steph is definitely going to have something going on with Wilmer's MS patient. 

Edited by BaseOps
The thing is, Alex actually has a lot of screen time now - it's just rarely anything substantial. Why not translate it into an actual storyline for his character, rather than him popping in and supporting everyone else?

Mainly because he's stuck in the Meredith's person role. It started even before Derek left. Sandra Oh/Cristina leaving is the worst thing that ever happened to Alex as a character. 

While speaking with Entertainment Tonight, Heigl shared, "There is not, I'm sorry," when asked about a possible return to the ABC medical drama for its upcoming 12th season.

Source (print & video).  I do recall her saying awhile back that she would like to see what Izzie is up to, would be up for a brief return, etc. but that was before Shonda said she never wanted KH back. 

• Love 1

Mainly because he's stuck in the Meredith's person role. It started even before Derek left. Sandra Oh/Cristina leaving is the worst thing that ever happened to Alex as a character. 

But even when she was Meredith's person, Cristina always had her own storylines outside of that. With Alex, he's just sort of thrown around (and I think he has been for several years now) - typically with either Meredith or Arizona. At the end of last season he had a ton of screen time with Maggie, for some reason. I don't think it has anything to do with him being Meredith's person. For instance, they shoe-horned him into the April / Jackson storyline these past few episodes. We had episode 3 this season focused heavily on him, but it didn't develop into anything long-term.

It just seems to me that for some reason the writers don't care to give him anything else to do, or maybe they don't know what to write for him. The same thing has happened with Bailey, Richard, Arizona, and even Callie - they're used as props more than they're given actual stories (hopefully that's soon changing for Callie / Arizona, but so far this year and last they've been heavily neglected.) When they do get stories, they usually last one episode. I do get that it's frustrating that he seems to be mostly used as Meredith's friend, but I don't think thats the reason he's sidelined, if that makes sense. There's been plenty of opportunity for the writers to give substantial storylines to Alex and Jo, but they simply haven't. At this point Shonda seems to have pushed aside the majority of her long-running characters for shiny new ones (Maggie, Amelia, DeLuca, Riggs, etc.) 

(edited)
But even when she was Meredith's person, Cristina always had her own storylines outside of that. With Alex, he's just sort of thrown around (and I think he has been for several years now) - typically with either Meredith or Arizona. At the end of last season he had a ton of screen time with Maggie, for some reason. I don't think it has anything to do with him being Meredith's person.

Cristina was a female character (other than George how many male characters get as much story as the women?), half of the duo Shonda declared the love story of the show and a character Shonda said in many interviews she related to. Alex has never had a ton of story but its so much worse now - its primarily about Meredith for him.

He did have some story with Jo in seasons 9&10, he had some professional story (the board, going to the private practice, the Africa story, etc), the story with his father, he bought a house, etc. Since Cristina left what does he get? The majority of the time he is the sister's gal pal. Even his professional stories end up about Meredith. Example: the big surgery a couple of episodes ago ended up being nothing more than a place for Meredith to chat about dating again. Its frustrating for those of us who are Alex fans and want him to have story about him, not about Meredith. I fully get that Meredith fans don't really mind; no problem with others being just her prop. I'd love for Alex to have more scenes with Arizona. Every second of their scenes together aren't about her. 

I don't think thats the reason he's sidelined

I do.  They always talk about giving Jolex a story then when the season rolls around its Alex just with Meredith.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 1

Cristina was a female character (other than George how many male characters get as much story as the women?), half of the duo Shonda declared the love story of the show and a character Shonda said in many interviews she related to. Alex has never had a ton of story but its so much worse now - its primarily about Meredith for him.

He did have some story with Jo in seasons 9&10, he had some professional story (the board, going to the private practice, the Africa story, etc), the story with his father, he bought a house, etc. Since Cristina left what does he get? The majority of the time he is the sister's gal pal. Even his professional stories end up about Meredith. Example: the big surgery a couple of episodes ago ended up being nothing more than a place for Meredith to chat about dating again. Its frustrating for those of us who are Alex fans and want him to have story about him, not about Meredith. I fully get that Meredith fans don't really mind; no problem with others being just her prop. I'd love for Alex to have more scenes with Arizona. Every second of their scenes together aren't about her. 

I do.  They always talk about giving Jolex a story then when the season rolls around its Alex just with Meredith.

I'm more of an Alex fan than a Meredith fan - he's been my favourite character since the series started. Sure, I enjoy his scenes with Meredith, and I am a big fan of her character too, but as I've said repeatedly I want a lot more for him. It doesn't have to be one or the other. I see your point, but you're talking like all Meredith fans are fans of only Meredith and are totally okay with every character being used to service her which I think is a really unfair generalization and makes me wonder if you ever even read my posts. We may disagree on the underlying reason, but we both want the same thing here - more storylines for Alex. I've said that over and over. I want better storylines for quite a few characters, actually. 

The reason I don't think it's a Meredith / Alex issue is because he's far from the only character to get that treatment: Bailey has been given no real storyline. Arizona has been used as nothing but April's BFF all season. Callie was used as a prop in the Meredith / Penny storyline, and now she's stuck dating her. I think it's a bigger overall issue with the writing and the size of the cast rather than just "Alex gets nothing to do because he's Meredith person now." Looking at the regulars on the show right now, half of them have been given nothing substantial to do this year, it isn't just Alex. Steph, Jo, Ben, Arizona, Callie, Bailey and Richard have all been little more than props in other stories. He gets more to do than half the cast. In my opinion, that's because the cast is simply too big and Shonda has chosen to focus on Amelia, Maggie, DeLuca, Riggs, etc. Rather than shifting the stories focus throughout the season, they've kept it predominantly with the same characters. 

Like you said, the majority of the male characters have never been given as much to do as the females. But right now - and for the past several years, actually - Owen has been given a ton of screen time and storylines, and I'd say Jackson has too. They could have given any of that to Alex and Jo, but they haven't. It's not like Jo is getting anything to do on her own, either. If the writers cared to come up with a storyline for Alex and Jo, then we'd be seeing it: instead, like basically every other character, they just insert them wherever they can fit. So yes, Alex ends up with Meredith a lot - but I think he'd been in those scenes regardless of whether he had an actual storyline or not. 

I guess there's no point in us arguing the reasons why. There's no definitive answer. At the end of the day, I just want more substantial writing for Alex and several other characters, and I don't think that will happen until the size of the cast changes. 

I thought the Tupac reference ("All Eyez on Me") for an Ep title was amazing, but the two new episode titles just announced being Morrissey and Merle Haggard songs, respectively, are blowing my mind.

• Love 1
(edited)
you're talking like all Meredith fans are fans of only Meredith and are totally okay with every character being used to service her which I think is a really unfair generalization and makes me wonder if you ever even read my posts.

I never said all Meredith fans and for the record, I read all the posts here before I reply.  Disagreeing does not equal not reading. Its like saying "you must not have read/unable to comprehend since you don't agree with me". I'm entitled to my opinion.

You are correct, no need to further discuss. It is what it is.

Edited by windsprints
(edited)
If the writers cared to come up with a storyline for Alex and Jo, then we'd be seeing it: 

And really that's it, but now I want to know why they have gotten no real storyline for the last 2 seasons.  They aren't the most popular, but is Penny? She gets a hell of a lot of screentime which includes both personal and professional drama.  Is it because they are relatively happy? Then make them unhappy, they are masters at that.  Is it the actors for some reason?  More backstage drama? Is it the new head writers? Debbie Allen as the new producer?  I mean, there are plenty of story to mine if they wanted to, and ones that haven't been told over and over again already.

I do think that being Meredith's person factors into it, but he has been that for two seasons and storylines start and then stop and either don't get resolved or they slap some nonsensical ending together, so they must have ideas, they just don't follow through.  And as much as it has to do with Cristina leaving, I also think that the writers like the idea of having a guy be protective over Meredith, and now that Derek is gone, Alex is the only one left, and they do have a long standing friendship, albeit one that used to be less all consuming.  Characters who are connected to Meredith get outside stories and those who aren't connected to her at all get stories, and at the beginning of the season, Shonda sure was talking them up, so what changed?  I'm just not satisfied with the old "they just don't care about Alex" explanation anymore, I feel like there has to be more to it, or maybe I just want there to be more to it.

Edited by Deanie87
  • Love 1

And really that's it, but now I want to know why they have gotten no real storyline for the last 2 seasons.  They aren't the most popular, but is Penny? She gets a hell of a lot of screentime which includes both personal and professional drama.  Is it because they are relatively happy? Then make them unhappy, they are masters at that.  Is it the actors for some reason?  More backstage drama? Is it the new head writers? Debbie Allen as the new producer?  I mean, there are plenty of story to mine if they wanted to, and ones that haven't been told over and over again already.

I do think that being Meredith's person factors into it, but he has been that for two seasons and storylines start and then stop and either don't get resolved or they slap some nonsensical ending together, so they must have ideas, they just don't follow through.  And as much as it has to do with Cristina leaving, I also think that the writers like the idea of having a guy be protective over Meredith, and now that Derek is gone, Alex is the only one left, and they do have a long standing friendship, albeit one that used to be less all consuming.  Characters who are connected to Meredith get outside stories and those who aren't connected to her at all get stories, and at the beginning of the season, Shonda sure was talking them up, so what changed?  I'm just not satisfied with the old "they just don't care about Alex" explanation anymore, I feel like there has to be more to it, or maybe I just want there to be more to it.

Penny is such a mystery to me. I guess I'll have to see how the season pans out to see what their endgame is, but right now I just don't get it. Steph and Jo have been around for years and they've been totally pushed aside for Penny... not to mention how little Ben, who I basically forgot was part of the cast until a few weeks ago, has been given to do despite being made a regular this year. 

That's why, to me, it just keeps coming back to the cast size. Alex and Jo got stories when Jo was Shonda's shiny new thing - now Maggie, Amelia, Penny, DeLuca and Riggs are the 'shiny new things'. But I mean, it can't just be that... because April and Jackson have gotten a ton of screen time and storylines. Why them over Alex and Jo? When I look at the past two seasons, it just sticks out to me that, aside from Meredith, the originals have all been virtually pushed aside. But even Steph, who gets crumbs, has been built up as a doctor and been given a speciality - they never even really bothered to develop Jo working with Callie in ortho. I really wonder what Camilla thinks about how she's been written. I think, for some reason, the writers just don't know what to do with them - but it's their job! Create some drama... do something. I think there's no feasible way to write consistently for 16 regular characters + Perfect Penny. Alex is among those who has gotten the short end of the stick. 

To me, I'm thankful for the scenes he has with Meredith because it seems otherwise we'd literally only see Alex in the OR. I liked the hints we got of Alex / Jo progress in 12x03, 12x08 and, to a lessor extent, 12x10. But like you said, it seems to just start and then quickly stop. I don't think the writers dislike Alex, but I think - like with Bailey and Richard - they've gotten complacent with him. They show him as a good doctor, a good friend, and trying to be a good boyfriend, but his "stories" rarely extend beyond a single episode. I think 12x12 was the last time we had a solo Alex / Jo scene... 

• Love 1

In the Sneak Peak - Owen is furious  Nathan bought Amelia a drink. But how could  Nathan  know that she is an addict?

SR said  I really want to tackle bullying this season.

I think they have been bullying Nathan since he came to the hospital. No one tells him anything, because Owen is so angry at him. I think Owen is   Nathan  is  excluded from the social group IMO. 

Addison said to Bailey "Okay, in L.A., people say things, but in Seattle, there's this strange culture of wordlessness, where in I am supposed to guess what one is feeling by the slight raise of an eyebrow or the beginnings of a frown." That has not changed.

I got the impression i that  Nathan did not understand Amelias attitude towards Penny after their brain surgery  in"  I Am Not Waiting Anymore " .  Therefore I think he does not know that Penny killed Derek. 

I wonder why Meredith is in the ambulance with Owen and Nathan .  Maybe she is going to be more objectiv in the future.     It is going to be interesting to see if Nathan is going to be included in the social group at the hospital and if Owen`s sister Megan is going to come back.  I am curious  to know why SR brought him to the hospital.  

• Love 1

Good points, BaseOps. Alex has to be close to 40 at this point -- I can't remember how many years are supposed to have elapsed since S1, but at least a decade. And Alex was meant to be older than George and Izzie, who were 26 or 27. My point is, seems like Alex as a character deserves some stability, given the craziness of his history, so it would make sense to get him married to Jo and actually settling down a bit.

So do you guys think that we as fans have a better handle on the characters than the writers do?

(edited)

I think they must have at least flirted with the idea of pairing Alex and Meredith together. The whole "Meredith treats Jo like crap for no reason" business went far too long to be just a coincidence or bad writing, and the way it was eventually resolved didn't make anyone smarter about it. Obviously, it would be a big deal and a build-up of some sort would be needed, so perhaps the thing we would take away from the whole thing was that Meredith was subconsciously jealous of Jo, or something. 

That would also explain why Jo and Alex as a couple were given so little material. 

As for Penny, like I said, she must have been brought in in case Sara Ramirez chose not to renew her contract. I mean, they couldn't have possibly thought that adding a new character to the already overcrowded cast just because was a good idea? And really, finding a way to write Callie off isn't easy. Another major character death would make the show look like a joke, so that's out of question. And they can't really pull a Cristina/Teddy (or heavens forbid, Erica Hahn) on her because it would be difficult to explain why she'd leave behind everything she has going for her in Seattle - Arizona with whom she shares a child, being the head of her department, part owner of the hospital, board member etc. And this way, going away because of her partner would at least make some sense, as in theory they're deeply in love and whatnot. 

Edited by Joana

Good points, BaseOps. Alex has to be close to 40 at this point -- I can't remember how many years are supposed to have elapsed since S1, but at least a decade. And Alex was meant to be older than George and Izzie, who were 26 or 27. My point is, seems like Alex as a character deserves some stability, given the craziness of his history, so it would make sense to get him married to Jo and actually settling down a bit.

So do you guys think that we as fans have a better handle on the characters than the writers do?

The timeline is so strange, I haven't thought about it in a while. S1 - 3 were a single year, but after that most seasons have encompassed a year or more + the year-long time jump last year... so I'd say we've definitely gone at least 10 years. Alex is clearly stable, and I think the writers have enjoyed showing that off by having him be a great doctor and a great friend, but they're missing the mark by not letting him grow beyond that. Even mature, grown up characters can screw up and deal with issues. Alex, especially, has a past that's so ripe for it: we've barely met his family, there's the Izzie's eggs thing. We've never met Jo's 'family' or anyone from her past... I mean I could literally think of 100 potential stories for them that don't have to result in a break-up or death. I'd love to see Alex and Jo as a stable couple dealing with issues and overcoming them. 

I feel like the same thing happened with Meredith for several years: they made her 'whole and healed' and she got sidelined. If you recall the middle seasons Meredith was hardly the lead of the series, which I remember being a big complaint among (some) fans. Killing off Derek allowed Shonda to open Meredith's story up to new possibilities. The stories on this show thrive off of drama, which is why I think they tend to get bored with older characters who are generally 'happy' (Bailey, Richard, etc.) and focus on their new creations. 

As for Penny, like I said, she must have been brought in in case Sara Ramirez chose not to renew her contract. I mean, they couldn't have possibly thought that adding a new character to the already overcrowded cast just because was a good idea? And really, finding a way to write Callie off isn't easy. Another major character death would make the show look like a joke, so that's out of question. And they can't really pull a Cristina/Teddy (or heavens forbid, Erica Hahn) on her because it would be difficult to explain why she'd leave behind everything she has going for her in Seattle - Arizona with whom she shares a child, being the head of her department, part owner of the hospital, board member etc. And this way, going away because of her partner would at least make some sense, as in theory they're deeply in love and whatnot. 

This is all I can think of, too. I agree that killing Callie off would be a disaster, and I can't think of any logical scenario where she'd just leave Sofia or take her away from Arizona. I guess I just wish they had her fall for anyone but Penny, because the chemistry just isn't there for me. So I guess if SaRa stays then Penny will be made a regular too... 

• Love 1
To me, I'm thankful for the scenes he has with Meredith because it seems otherwise we'd literally only see Alex in the OR.

I don't hate the scenes, but I would like them a lot more if Alex shared stuff about how he was feeling, he really doesn't seem to do that much anymore and Mer used to be his main confidante.  I still have a lot of questions about what exactly went down with the "proposal" and where exactly they stand now.  Clearly I am not going to SEE it revealed between Alex and Jo, so him talking about it would to a long way toward getting any kind of sense on where he stands on things.  Also, I really think that it would do the character of Meredith some good to show some interest in the lives of all those who drop everything to make sure she is OK.

I

think they must have at least flirted with the idea of pairing Alex and Meredith together. The whole "Meredith treats Jo like crap for no reason" business went far too long to be just a coincidence or bad writing, and the way it was eventually resolved didn't make anyone smarter about it. Obviously, it would be a big deal and a build-up of some sort would be needed, so perhaps the thing we would take away from the whole thing was that Meredith was subconsciously jealous of Jo, or something.

That would also explain why Jo and Alex as a couple were given so little material.

Yeah, and unfortunately I think that they may still be flirting with it.  Meredith may be sharing some scenes with Nathan coming up, but I have thought that they have been holding Alex "on ice" for her just in case for awhile now.  It would explain why Jo is basically a non-entity these days and the sloppy, inconsistency of their relationship drama.  I think that the Alex is super-concerned for Meredith stuff has been a little over the top as well, so we'll see I guess.  

• Love 1

i'm worried about callie and arizona a lot. 4 continuous episode of being mentioned in press release spells trouble. i want to believe that sara and Jcap won't be leaving but it doesn't mean that idea can't be toyed with and played into story lines. it's for sure looks like custody battle and that's bound to get ugly.

i m just blindly hoping that all this redirecting of focus on them didn't needed to be done if they were to left in the bad place they already are and so it's end outcome should at least be a positive cliffhanger to close the season.

Can it be something medical related with sofia that they disagree on? it could be interesting but cruel as well because that couple will be breaking its own record of number of traumas they have faced if that happens.

(edited)

I don't hate the scenes, but I would like them a lot more if Alex shared stuff about how he was feeling, he really doesn't seem to do that much anymore and Mer used to be his main confidante.  I still have a lot of questions about what exactly went down with the "proposal" and where exactly they stand now.  Clearly I am not going to SEE it revealed between Alex and Jo, so him talking about it would to a long way toward getting any kind of sense on where he stands on things.  Also, I really think that it would do the character of Meredith some good to show some interest in the lives of all those who drop everything to make sure she is OK.

Totally agree with this. I guess I just mean I'll take what I can get. But I really thought that from 12x08 / 12x10 we'd be getting some more Alex and Jo scenes and then... nothing (aside from the occasional mention of the ring sitting in the drawer.) I've never been a huge fan of Jo, but I like seeing her stand up for herself this season and I keep hoping they'd give her something to do. I guess the writers think Alex has nothing to talk to Meredith about because he seems to have nothing going on, because they just decided to gloss over the entire thing. We know Mer held the ring for him, but after that there hasn't been much conversation about the state of his relationship with Jo other than Mer telling him to go be with her. 

Yeah, and unfortunately I think that they may still be flirting with it.  Meredith may be sharing some scenes with Nathan coming up, but I have thought that they have been holding Alex "on ice" for her just in case for awhile now.  It would explain why Jo is basically a non-entity these days and the sloppy, inconsistency of their relationship drama.  I think that the Alex is super-concerned for Meredith stuff has been a little over the top as well, so we'll see I guess.  

Part of me thought that they were gonna go there after 12x09, but I also thought they were prepping for an Alex / Maggie pairing with all the scenes that those two got together at the end of last season and how Jo was totally sidelined then. I like that they've kept Meredith's romantic options open rather than just finding her a 'soul mate' right away, but it shouldn't be at the expense of Alex getting any other stories. I don't really think that's the reason, but it could have contributed I guess. But then why give Alex and Jo sweet little scenes like the ones in 12x10? Or why devote an entire episode to the Meredith / Jo thing and have Meredith apologize and tell her she wants her and Alex to be happy? Better yet, why keep Jo around at all with so many other potential woman for Alex even if he doesn't end up with Mer? I really, really thought that Jo was being written off at the end of last year in favour of an Alex / Maggie pairing, but now I just feel like the writers don't know what to do with Jo at all. 

Edited by BaseOps
(edited)

Good point, and the speculation that I was referring to really was based on a lot of guesswork.  Apparently in one of the behind the scenes photos at this courthouse location, someone spotted the colored tape that is used to mark where each actor stands.  The regulars usually have a specific color each time and in this BTS photo, there was colored tape for JC and SaRa.  But of course, with more regulars than colors in the actual rainbow, they may have to use different colored tape for guest stars, extras, etc.  As far as I know the only person actually seen at this particular courthouse location shoot was JCap.  So the rest is pure speculation and not really based on any evidence.  So I would guess that it is more based on Arizona/Callie/Sofia given the episode descriptions and the supposed emotional performance that JCap is giving.  

Also, Callie isn't my favorite, but I wouldn't be happy about SaRa leaving.  However, if it means that Penny can go to, I think I would be able to get over it pretty quickly.  I am hoping that Shonda does have an end season in mind and that the next however many seasons can be planned out with those who stay for next season, whoever that may be, and they don't feel the need to replace those who leave in order to plan for for future exits.

It certainly seems like Callie and Arizona are building to some sort of custody case.  I think (hope) its something relating to Arizona having full parental rights or maybe changing Sofia's legal name.  I think they purposely had Sofia not include the "Robbins" in her name.  I seriously hope Penny has nothing to do with whatever is happening.  

Curious about the tape thing because it looked like the orange tape for Sara/Callie was on the bench but the tape for AZ was standing.  So it would have to be one of them standing in front of the other.  Could be possible.  I can't find that pic anymore.  Do you know who originally posted it?

I think they must have at least flirted with the idea of pairing Alex and Meredith together. The whole "Meredith treats Jo like crap for no reason" business went far too long to be just a coincidence or bad writing, and the way it was eventually resolved didn't make anyone smarter about it. Obviously, it would be a big deal and a build-up of some sort would be needed, so perhaps the thing we would take away from the whole thing was that Meredith was subconsciously jealous of Jo, or something. 

I agree that it's both thrilling and terrifying, but I am happy that Callie and Arizona are getting something meaningful (so it seems).  Thats more than 80% of the cast could say so I'm happy for them.  As long as its not all leading to a Sara exit.  Speaking of which.....if SaRa does want to leave, maybe she could just go to another Seattle/Pacific Coast area hospital?   She could be "off" the show but not necessarily leaving Sofia.

I reallllly hope they aren't going there with Alex and Meredith, but I agree that I thought they were laying some groundwork for an Alex/Maggie pairing.  

On the lack of Alex/Jolex front, I wonder if they do focus groups and people just aren't interested in jolex?  I am not agreeing with it, but it could explain the million starts and stops if they start writing something but its not working with whoever they are asking so they change directions.  Just a wild out there thought.

The timeline is so strange, I haven't thought about it in a while. S1 - 3 were a single year, but after that most seasons have encompassed a year or more + the year-long time jump last year... so I'd say we've definitely gone at least 10 years. 

Seasons 4-5 were also 1 year, but I'd safely say Alex and Meredith have been at Seattle Grace/Mercy West/Grey Sloan for about 10-11 years ;)

Edited by Greysaddict

Of course, it could well be just baiting. Still, I have a feeling something big is coming up for those two. I don't think it's a coincidence that they've interacted in two episodes in a row. And the last episode basically killed whatever tiny hope there still was of the two of them reuniting, so whatever happens, I don't think it's anything good. 

Perhaps it will be a misunderstanding of some sort that makes Arizona believe Callie is trying to exclude her, so she freaks out and sues for custody. I wouldn't be surprised. 

I don't believe that's the case.

The problem is that even though they are trying to build Penny up, the general audience still doesn't care for her at all.

I also don't believe they need Penny in order to write off Callie.

They could have written off Callie in any number of ways.  Family emergency that makes her decide she needs to move back to Miami.

An amazing opportunity that she can't pass up.

Penny is there to up the drama quotient and to play into the fact that people don't know the status of Sara's contract.

I'm wondering about the final two eps of the season.

I don't remember the exact specifics.....did Arizona ever legally adopt Sofia?  I feel like the name thing was a big clue to start leading into this next arc.  I think Arizona is going to want more parental rights, or something of that sort.  

• Love 1

The timeline is so strange, I haven't thought about it in a while. S1 - 3 were a single year, but after that most seasons have encompassed a year or more + the year-long time jump last year... so I'd say we've definitely gone at least 10 years.

Seasons 1-3: Year 1

Seasons 4-5: Year 2

Season 6: Year 3

Season 7: Year 4

Season 8: Year 5

Season 9: Year 6

Season 10: Year 7

Season 11: Year 8

Time Jump: Year 9

Season 12: Year 10

I'm still curious if they're gonna write in Stephanie and Jo taking their Boards at the end of this season or if they've lost track of what year they're in.

I don't remember the exact specifics.....did Arizona ever legally adopt Sofia? I feel like the name thing was a big clue to start leading into this next arc. I think Arizona is going to want more parental rights, or something of that sort.

Ain't anything wrong in that per se but why now? I can't see them not trusting each other as the other parent. of every mess calzona have handled, one thing they have made sure is that sofia is happy, comfortable and have both her parents. I still remember the Halloween episode where they couldn't agree on sof's costume but found a mid way still. and that was when they were at a very bad place, Arizona's cheating & Callie declaring her dead and kicking out of the apartment etc. I believe they're at a much more respectable place now and there has to be something solid to trigger custodial claims. If it's medical, I think I will be okay but damn Shonda if it's because of penny.

Seasons 1-3: Year 1

Seasons 4-5: Year 2

Season 6: Year 3

Season 7: Year 4

Season 8: Year 5

Season 9: Year 6

Season 10: Year 7

Season 11: Year 8

Time Jump: Year 9

Season 12: Year 10

I'm still curious if they're gonna write in Stephanie and Jo taking their Boards at the end of this season or if they've lost track of what year they're in.

They have mentioned that they're 5th year resident, now if they're writing in japril's pregnancy progress, they have to show them taking boards by the time April delivers!

I don't remember the exact specifics.....did Arizona ever legally adopt Sofia?  I feel like the name thing was a big clue to start leading into this next arc.  I think Arizona is going to want more parental rights, or something of that sort.  

I think that may be the $64,000 question.  I do believe it was implied by the show that Arizona got parental rights (I would assume through adoption), but if I'm actually recalling it right (and lord knows, don't count on my memory), we never saw it happen on screen.  Loophole, for the show, I guess....

• Love 1

They will probably have the residents take the boards off-screen (like April's second attempt), but that still leaves them with the problem of too many attendings and not enough residents. (I think they should just jettison the idea of residents as regulars anyway, it was only necessary when Mer and co were the students, and has been a drag ever since)

(edited)

In the Sneak Peak - Owen is furious  Nathan bought Amelia a drink. But how could  Nathan  know that she is an addict?

SR said  I really want to tackle bullying this season.

I think they have been bullying Nathan since he came to the hospital. No one tells him anything, because Owen is so angry at him. I think Owen is   Nathan  is  excluded from the social group IMO. 

Addison said to Bailey "Okay, in L.A., people say things, but in Seattle, there's this strange culture of wordlessness, where in I am supposed to guess what one is feeling by the slight raise of an eyebrow or the beginnings of a frown." That has not changed.

I got the impression i that  Nathan did not understand Amelias attitude towards Penny after their brain surgery  in"  I Am Not Waiting Anymore " .  Therefore I think he does not know that Penny killed Derek. 

I wonder why Meredith is in the ambulance with Owen and Nathan .  Maybe she is going to be more objectiv in the future.     It is going to be interesting to see if Nathan is going to be included in the social group at the hospital and if Owen`s sister Megan is going to come back.  I am curious  to know why SR brought him to the hospital.  

I agree.

Nathan has been bullied by Owen, Meredith and has slowly built some nice coworker relationships with Maggie and Amelia.Also Owen´s standpoint in the sneak peek is ridiculous because he himself knew Amelia was an addict,yet he still got himself drunk on their date. Who bears the guilt? It is him.

Also Meredith is creepy like her Thorpe,she says "the two of you can kill each other later". What kind of choice of a word is it - kill? Is she nuts? Why couldn´t she have said sort it out but kill???!!!! Is she helping their relationshiop? Not at all, she is oly contributing to violence and aggression. Also like she bullied Nathan by forcing him to divulge everything about Megan to her, she totally pressured him, he was not ready,just like he told April som time ago. Meredith is a bully just like Hunt.Why didn´t she back up Nathan in this,clearly he bears no blame, instead all she cares about is a peaceful ambulance ride and having no trouble with these two men.

It is interesting whether Nathan will find out it was Penny who "killed" Derek or whether Amelia will tell him anything more at all.

I now strongly believe Megan will appear in S12 finale or if not in person, then at least either Nathan or Owen will somehow get some news she might still be alive and then she comes in S13 premiere. What do you think? TVline has already put together a list of a couple of actresses suitable to play her. I think it is only a question of time. http://tvline.com/2016/04/01/greys-anatomys-season-13-megan-hunt-owens-sister-cast/

Regardless of the list ,what if Shonda will actually pick Rachelle Lefevre who already costarred with Martin in Off the Map as his acting partner and her charecter and Martin´s were actually love interests of one another??? She fits to play Owen´s sister as well.

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
(edited)

I think that may be the $64,000 question. I do believe it was implied by the show that Arizona got parental rights (I would assume through adoption), but if I'm actually recalling it right (and lord knows, don't count on my memory), we never saw it happen on screen. Loophole, for the show, I guess....

There was an episode in early S8 where something happened at the hospital that made Arizona freak out about not having parental rights, can't remember what it was, but Callie was shown kind of blowing it off as Arizona having a moment because of a bad day at work and not taking it super seriously. Though, she finally did say "we'll get you that piece of paper." Who knows if it actually happened, or if they just forgot. Which is very possible.

But then in S10, there was that moment where Callie just took off with Sofia and Arizona found out about it from Meredith.

So, I'm not 100% sure if there were any legal ties. You'd think there would've been after Mark died, but, no idea.

Washington has "third parent" adoption laws, so perhaps they did that before Mark died?

Edited by CED9

I think that may be the $64,000 question.  I do believe it was implied by the show that Arizona got parental rights (I would assume through adoption), but if I'm actually recalling it right (and lord knows, don't count on my memory), we never saw it happen on screen.  Loophole, for the show, I guess....

from what I remember, Arizona was given parental rights, but I believe that is different than a full on adoption.  It's definitely a loophole I can see them taking to explore a legal adoption story.  

There was an episode in early S8 where something happened at the hospital that made Arizona freak out about not having parental rights, can't remember what it was, but Callie was shown kind of blowing it off as Arizona having a moment because of a bad day at work and not taking it super seriously. Though, she finally did say "we'll get you that piece of paper." Who knows if it actually happened, or if they just forgot. Which is very possible.

But then in S10, there was that moment where Callie just took off with Sofia and Arizona found out about it from Meredith.

So, I'm not 100% sure if there were any legal ties. You'd think there would've been after Mark died, but, no idea.

Washington has "third parent" adoption laws, so perhaps they did that before Mark died?

When Arizona came in to the party explaining why she wanted rights, Callie took it seriously and said they'd get the paper.

I don't recall her blowing Arizona off at all about it.

(I think they should just jettison the idea of residents as regulars anyway, it was only necessary when Mer and co were the students, and has been a drag ever since)

I agree. They should just have a bunch of nameless, faceless residents in light blue scrubs assisting them in surgeries and standing in the background when the attendings are checking in on patients. Kind of like what they did with Lexie's intern class. We saw them around but they were a minor part of the show day to day.

I expect Amelia to be pregnant in the finale, the original plot for Cristina in S5, which writers did not dare to pull through at that time although it was written as McKidd revealed Cristina´s pregnancy  had been originally written for S5 finale.

• Love 1
Regardless of the list ,what if Shonda will actually pick Rachelle Lefevre who already costarred with Martin in Off the Map as his acting partner and her charecter and Martin´s were actually love interests of one another??? She fits to play Owen´s sister as well.

Like Greg Berlanti, Shonda tends to hire people who have already been on her shows.  And she has the kind of chemistry with Henderson that made them change his main ship to her from another character.

• Love 1

Was she the oh-so-angelic sick girl?  Ugh, if so.  I hated that story so much, it's hard for me to even remember her acting.  I could never decide which was worse, that character or the doctor who helped with the local cocaine harvest, because a cute guy asked her to, and his mom was nice.  Double ugh.  Not even for Zach Gilford and Mamie Gummer could I keep watching that show.

But ITA that I can see Shonda casting her when Owen's sister makes her inevitable entrance.  If we're only casting redheads, I'd go with Aubrey Dollar, although she may have too similar a "look" to Sarah Drew.

• Love 1
(edited)

Was she the oh-so-angelic sick girl?  Ugh, if so.  I hated that story so much, it's hard for me to even remember her acting.  I could never decide which was worse, that character or the doctor who helped with the local cocaine harvest, because a cute guy asked her to, and his mom was nice.  Double ugh.  Not even for Zach Gilford and Mamie Gummer could I keep watching that show.

But ITA that I can see Shonda casting her when Owen's sister makes her inevitable entrance.  If we're only casting redheads, I'd go with Aubrey Dollar, although she may have too similar a "look" to Sarah Drew.

Yes, it was her! I disliked her to be honest, with all the respect to her illness,I disliked that character. Her acting is very mediocre.You are on point with the other character as well, Lilly,but Caroline Dhavernas who played Lilly was much better than Lefevre, unfortunately, she bears no resemblance to be Owen´s sister.

The show was horrible indeed.The acting was mediocre as well.

I do wonder who will Shonda Rhimes bring to play Megan. Aubrey Dollar,as you say,might also fit.

Like Greg Berlanti, Shonda tends to hire people who have already been on her shows.  And she has the kind of chemistry with Henderson that made them change his main ship to her from another character.

You mean from that Lilly?

Edited by NathanRiggsfan
  • Love 1

Yes, it was her! I disliked her to be honest, with all the respect to her illness,I disliked that character. Her acting is very mediocre.You are on point with the other character as well, Lilly,but Caroline Dhavernas who played Lilly was much better than Lefevre, unfortunately, she bears no resemblance to be Owen´s sister.

The show was horrible indeed.The acting was mediocre as well.

I do wonder who will Shonda Rhimes bring to play Megan. Aubrey Dollar,as you say,might also fit.

You mean from that Lilly?

I never watched that series, but I really liked Caroline Dhavernas in Hannibal. I think maybe with red hair she could pull off being a Hunt. From the list that TvLine gave, I wouldn't mind Alyson Hannigan or Lauren Ambrose taking on the role. I guess it depends on the age - have they specified how old she was supposed to be? 

Either way, honestly, I'm sort of dreading this storyline. From the second that they mentioned that she was never found, it became painfully obvious that she would be popping back up. My biggest question is whether or not they'll have Riggs in a romantic pairing by then to have her show up and 'complicate' things. I actually really like Riggs, I just don't think this is an ideal plot line, but I'll wait to see how they play it out. It just seems very much like a daytime soap story to me. 

• Love 1