Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Stay With Me

Sounds like the plot line from last season's show(s).  Not sure why I keep watching.  Guess I'm hoping it will get better and/or slightly more believable.

• Love 1

"I don’t understand, I’ve been away one night, what happened?" LOL David made me laugh

I feel like now that they've made Carter fit in, they don't really have a story anymore, & they're desperately trying to find a plot. This whole Crash's uncle is a major drug dealer thing is stupid.

I wish someone would takeTaylor to an eyebrow expert, I find hers distracting.

• Love 3

"I don’t understand, I’ve been away one night, what happened?" LOL David made me laugh

I feel like now that they've made Carter fit in, they don't really have a story anymore, & they're desperately trying to find a plot. This whole Crash's uncle is a major drug dealer thing is stupid.

I wish someone would takeTaylor to an eyebrow expert, I find hers distracting.

The whole exchange with David's reaction was hilarious. I actually replayed it a couple of times.

I have to admit, this show upsets me. I've actually found myself wondering if I was as self-centered, selfish, and often just plain mean as the teenagers on this show.

I'm considering calling my mother to ask her. Because I find myself watching this show wanting to seriously slap them most of the time. And the level of disrespect towards the parents-don't get me started.

Except Max. I want to adopt Max.

• Love 2

This episode was so indicative of how the show has been for me this season. INCONSISTENT.

On the shitty end of things: the Crash/Uncle Shay drug dealin' fam crapfest; Elizabeth and David's relationship problems and parenting skills; the character assassination of Taylor.

On the good side of things: All of the scenes with Ofe. I am really loving Jesse Carere this season; Taylor and Grant's sibling relationship; Max's hair and the promise (and preview) of Crash's haircut!

Sarah mentioned in the recap that she doesn't really see how this show can continue on the same course if the story isn't going to be about Carter's abduction or the aftermath. I'm still holding on to hope that the writers sort of have a plan(?) and can turn things around. There's a ton of potential here.

I am NOT looking forward to all of the Lori nonsense next week. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I see that Taylor is still vacationing in THOTville.... She is still proving to be too immature to deserve a meaningful loving relationship that Max wants to provide for her....She can't seriously be that much of a dumb ass to not know Max still has feelings for her, right?

And, writers finally listened to the fans + decided to kill off Crash's wispy curls.... Yay!

Edited by OrientalAmish
  • Love 1

I'm actually very interested to see the further mental deterioration of Lori. I know everyone hates Lori, but I feel like Milena Govich's acting is going to make this very disturbing in a most excellent way.

And just when I thought Crash was gone for good...he shows up again in the preview for next week's episode.

I've barely paid much attention to this show since Episode 3, it's lost its candor for sure since reintroducing Crash.

• Love 2

Did Crash join the military? Because... That's not how it works. You don't just decide to enlist and 10 minutes later hop a bus. Even in war time, there's tests and physicals you have to take and contracts to sign. I missed the preview, so maybe I didn't understand what was going on there. The guy in uniform made me think that's what he did. Don't get me wrong, the Army (my assumption) would be good for him. His note was so vague and non-description, I don't even really know why Carter was crying. I don't even think it said he was leaving. I found that entire scene dumb.

Taylor and her "Woe is me" attitude is really pissing me off, although this was the first episode I really liked Ofie. Are drugs really that rampant now-a-days? I feel like every "teen" scene this episode had drugs in it somehow.

For some reason I was having major Wesley flash-backs this episode. AD looked especially ruggedly handsome, I thought. I felt bad for David when he said he didn't want a divorce and then Elizabeth said she did, but only because of the strength of AD's acting because otherwise I think David is a shit. He's done some pretty bad things that it's hard to just forget them all.

• Love 2

I'm not in the general demographic for this show being a parent of a teen rather than a teen myself, but I started watching because I was intrigued about the idea of a person readjusting to her family after being kidnapped. Now, I think the show is trying to be another hip MTV show where all the cool kids drink, take drugs, have lots of sex and not much else happens. I don't care at all about Crash, I care only about Carter's family and Max. 

Personally, I would not let my teen come home on drugs or drunk, sleep with a boyfriend/girlfriend in my house, skip school or any of that. And my 17 year old watched part of this with me and said he thought all the teens looked about 25 to him!

I'm not sure where the show can go from here, but I think having Carter basically living the life of an independent adult really takes away from any readjustment to the family. I don't know if they can wring any more drama out of Lori either, If the only thing left is watching the teens party and have typical teen drama, I'm out.

• Love 2

I'm not sure where the show can go from here, but I think having Carter basically living the life of an independent adult really takes away from any readjustment to the family. I don't know if they can wring any more drama out of Lori either, If the only thing left is watching the teens party and have typical teen drama, I'm out.

I've been wondering why the show hasn't been as interesting this year, and I think what you said is why.  Other than the kidnapping story itself, the other part of the show that was interesting is watching Carter having to adjust to a more structured and less permissive environment.  This year, both Carter and Taylor are pretty much doing what they want, and actually Taylor is out of control.   Part of this could be because Elizabeth and David are having problems, and also the issues with Lori.  But Carter is living like she was before, and there is no conflict, or at least adjustment to the new life. 

I also kind of wonder how long it's been since Carter was living with the family.  I don't think it's been more than six months to a year, so there still should be an adjustment. 

• Love 2

Please, Crash. Go away and get your fresh start. I have no trouble buying his good intentions, but he's such a screw up. And not in a way that makes me root for him. I mean, he's not even my favorite drug dealer on this show. He's losing to freaking Ofe at this point. 

The Taylor-Grant hug was the best part of the episode for me. Makes me think those two were probably closer pre-Carter.

This show would probably be a lot better if someone at ABC Family had gotten to it first. It would have taken years for Taylor to start start doing drugs.

• Love 2
(edited)

Gabe hitting on the counselor was gross (think that was this episode...hard to remember for sure since I marathoned three episodes to catch up), and I'm not sure why she would ever go there.  You, sir, are no charming Pacey Witter!

I hate that the show has broken up Max and Taylor.  Their relationship was one of the few things that I enjoyed last season, and then the show had to go and ruin that.  It looks like things are only going to get worse this season as I see that 

Carter and Max will be sharing a kiss. That's going to piss me off, I'm sure.

Love Grant and Taylor's relationship.  It's looking like he might actually get more screen time this year with his therapy storyline and the stuff with his friend that he talks to on Skype.  Yay!

During the bus station scene at the end of the episode, Crash gave Max his drug stash (weed?) because he "wouldn't need it where he was going" or whatever.  That was so...random.  I thought for sure that Max would get pulled over by the cops, and they would find the drugs in his truck.  What is this show's obsession with drugs?  

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

Gabe hitting on the counselor was gross (think that was this episode...hard to remember for sure since I marathoned three episodes to catch up), and I'm not sure why she would ever go there.  You, sir, are no charming Pacey Witter!

I thought that whole thing was awkward! Is it sad that that I was a teenager when I watched that happen on Dawson's Creek?

GOOD RIDDANCE CRASH!  (if only the season coming scenes hadn't ruined it)

This bloody show.  I've been busy and didn't even mind that I've been collecting episodes. 

I felt really bad for Ofe. I get that Taylor is going through some shit, but she STOLE from him and he was just concerned for her and she was still and indifferent bitch to him.