Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 05/04/15

• Start Topic

(edited)

Haven't watched the show in a while, but tuned on today and (surprise) enjoyed it. I think what made the table chat entertaining and informative was having Joy and Jeff Garmin there. I don't watch the show he is on but he was quite funny and charming, adaptable and fit in well. The varied discussions about dad bodies, the prettiest women poll, high school STD outbreak, Hucklebee, etc. were good. And I thought the hair discussion that kind of shifted when Jeff said his was a fish was funny. And I'll give Whoppie a pass for her bleeped fish smell comment because it totally fit in with the discussion.

And I love me some Willie Nelson music - but not so much his strong pro-grass stance and recent comment that he smoked on the White House roof - disrespectful, didn't need to be made public. Will be checking his new book out of the library. Wish he would have sung a song.

No idea who the female singer was but she is stunning and her baby is a cutie! When she started her song, the first few lines sounded like a direct rip off of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive".

Edited to add: just noticed Maggiemae already mentioned the song lyric similarity!

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 2

I find it odd that Ciara's song was so very similar to "I Will Survive." 

And the fish comment was completely out of line, imo. so crude. I can't even imagine knowing how she behaves in real life and not national TV

I thought the same thing maggiemae.... I thought she was doing a cover of it until I started listening to the words..... kinda disappointing if she actually has writing talent

• Love 2
(edited)

I usually love Joy, but I think she made fun of Jeff Garlin's weight too much. I kind of felt sorry for him, but he's a comedian and can probably take it.  She does add a liveliness to the show when she's on, and that's sorely needed!

Willie Nelson looked sort of dazed and confused. This another stop for his book tour and he's probably never seen this show!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 4

I don't really notice Willie's dazed look since that's the way he always appeared to me. The smoking of pot on the White House roof has been an oft-told bit ever since it happened many years ago. I loved that b & w photo of Jimmy Carter and Willie taken at that time.

I did not stay tuned for Ciara because the name sounded too much like an erectile dysfunction commercial.

• Love 3

No idea who the female singer was but she is stunning and her baby is a cutie! When she started her song, the first few lines sounded like a direct rip off of Gloria Gaynor's "I Will Survive".

I'm sure she was "sampling."  It's done all the time in rap and pop.  A lot of the time it's not noticed if it's just a riff or something.

• Love 1

I cant even begin my ramble about the mess that this show is. The long discussions on the boxing match , poor silent pinch hitter Martha who never got to bat. The next day Whoopi double dipping and talking with food in her mouth from the Chew's Cinco De Mayo left overs.. I'm sure when they sent it over they meant it for their dressing room or green room not to be so rudely eaten while we watched. I guess the reason I never saw the movie about the sniper was because I don't want it to change my life as it did Nicole's.

I love Jeff from Curb and Joy had him on her old show, he is a good egg. Miss Joy.

• Love 7

Nicolle was on The Nightly Show tonight. (the show that replaced Colbert with Larry Wilmore). The discussion was terrific, fast, and funny and Nicolle was one of the funniest of the bunch.

PS I remember when Ciara came to fame a while back with one of her songs. The big "rumor" was that she was transgender and it really derailed her career. The rumor wasn't true but it really affected her. I'm glad to see she is showing up more and more these days.

another bonehead story.... a school bus driver locks 35 students on the bus and yells at them while the parents are knocking on the windows...... Whoopi thought it was a great idea since he is retiring.... obviously the police are looking into this event.... I won't be surprised if they bring charges... especially if some of the parents push it

But Whoopi thinks kidnapping is a pretty good idea if you are gonna retire

• Love 4

They Haven't mentioned Raven being on Blackish last night have they?

No, but they sure managed to insert Tony & Whoopi's scene in Ghost, after which Whoopi started talking to Tony, interrupting Raven's throw to commercial.

(Rosie's hair is looking kind of ragged.  Just sayin'.  She seemed more able to express herself (somewhat) today.  I think she's more comfortable with only four at the table.)

• Love 1

Running out of ways to snark on this show, today I turned the sound off and watched for a few minutes. Whoopi's mouth going and going, flapping and flapping, while the other heads had to keep swiveling to give the Queen her court. It was way funnier than I can explain it. :)

• Love 5

Whoopi's mouth going and going, flapping and flapping, while the other heads had to keep swiveling to give the Queen her court. It was way funnier than I can explain it. :)

Definitely the whole theme -- having to watch The Whoopster reigning over everything!!!  Nauseating!!!

• Love 5

They Haven't mentioned Raven being on Blackish last night have they?

They showed a clip of RS on Blackish yesterday and the panel commented that it should be a recurring bit. Raven said she hoped so. No details of her storyline, only that she plays Anthony's sister. In the clip, Raven is wearing an obvious black wig. Whoopi asked if that was a wig. Raven said yes. Whoopi goes Really? Idiot.

• Love 2

The Chew is having a segment on a group of fans who came to the show..........My first thought was wouldnt it be cool if our little group went for a show..... and contact The View to see if they would acknowledge us..... then I realized that we snarky WAY. TOO. MUCH.  for them to want us there and for sure to give us any camera time  hahahaha

• Love 4
(edited)

I get the impression that Raven does not really care for Rosie Perez. I would like to see Raven on the show because she is not afraid to go toe to toe with the ladies on the panel..I don't always agree with her, but I liked how she used to challenge Whoopie and you can tell that annoyed her..Anybody that can get under Whoopie's skin  is alright with me..I really came to dislike her after the way that she treated Rosie...She was always contrarian when it came to Rosie. Her subtle digs at her were awful as well. However, Rosie needs to not let people like Whoopie get to her....Whoopie likes to be the center of attention and anybody who poses a threat to that, has  to be eliminated...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

This seems quite interesting to me.... the last couple of days The View have been airing video clips that were on Faux News the day before.... today they did the story about the bus driver who wouldnt let the kids off the bus... and that same story was on The Factor last night..... There was another one the other day.... for the life of me I cant remember what it was.... but it was on one of the Faux News afternoon shows the day before..... but it was one day this week... how many times equals a trend??

• Love 2
(edited)

I get the impression that Raven does not really care for Rosie Perez.

Ha!  I did enjoy the way Raven was looking at Rosie P when Rosie P was explaining the history of Rap to us, because I was looking at Rosie P the same way. 

Ciara's song: 

http://www.rap-up.com/2015/05/06/ciara-performs-i-bet-on-the-view/

she stopped by “The View” on Wednesday to perform her single “I Bet.” Wearing a long black dress, she kicked it off with an interpolation of Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive,” complete with some new lyrics inspired by her ex.

"interpolation"?   Really?  I think that's a bit much.  More like different lyrics to the same music, which is not the same thing.    Thanks for the link springtime

Running out of ways to snark on this show, today I turned the sound off and watched for a few minutes. Whoopi's mouth going and going, flapping and flapping, while the other heads had to keep swiveling to give the Queen her court. It was way funnier than I can explain it. :)

OMG, whydoiwatchtv this was the best idea!  Add in all Whoopi's hand waving and finger pointing and it was great.  The black lipstick makes it even funnier.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I actually watched the entire show today because I love Patti LaBelle (and btw, her mac and cheese recipe is amazing) and wanted to see how these morons would screw up the interview.  I was not disappointed.  After making a big deal about LaBelle and Whoopi being such old friends (complete with the requisite throwback pic of the two together ala Babs) Whoopi ended the show with a pic of LaBelle's darling granddaughter and asked Patti what HIS name was, lol.   Ever the pro, Patti responded that HER name was _______ (I forget) and that she's two months old, the light of her life.   Good job Whoop. 

ETA:

Of course the  Tony Goldwyn interview also had to include an ancient clip of him and Whoopi in a scene from Ghost.  I guess Whoopi was paying some attention to Babs all those years.  

• Love 6

Whoa, whoa, whola...

Nicolle was a SORORITY PRESIDENT? 

and Whoopi & Rosie know and believe in God? and Whoopi even knows *exactly* what he said?

This show surprises me every day!

• Love 4
(edited)

Whoa, whoa, whola...

Nicolle was a SORORITY PRESIDENT? 

and Whoopi & Rosie know and believe in God? and Whoopi even knows *exactly* what he said?

This show surprises me every day!

I wish I was surprised by any of that, but that seems to fit - especially the part where Whoopi appointed herself the messenger of God complete with yelling and finger pointing.  She's out of control in my opinion and has long ceased to entertain me although watching her on mute was kind of fun.  

Nicole as a sorority girl at Berkely explains a few things too, lol.  

I'm not sure why Rosie P is trying to play the "expert" role (Starr did this much better as the voice of legal reason, being the only one at the table with a law degree) but it's not working - half the time her "facts" aren't even accurate.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5
(edited)

It sounds like Rosie googles a subject or looks it up on Wikipedia...lol...Her facts about a subject does not flow naturally like Starr or Rosie O'Donnell when they are passionate or knowledgeable  about something...I like Rosie Perez, but, she is all wrong for this show......She is much better than Sherrie, Bitsy, and even Whoopie the movie star....My ideal panel would be  Meredith, Lisa, Rosie O'donnell, Joy and Whoopie before her ego got too big....She has really taken over the role that Baba wawa used to play, every guest must come  and share a story about how great The Whoopster is.....It is really sad how bad the show has become....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Cristela's show should have been canceled. It was so horrible, it hurt. But, 2 Broke Girls Is still on and nothing is worse than that. OT - if Cristela becomes permanent and Rosie continues her remedial blue card reading, I'm going to have to find something else to do during this hour.

• Love 2

Cristela's show should have been canceled. It was so horrible, it hurt. But, 2 Broke Girls Is still on and nothing is worse than that. OT - if Cristela becomes permanent and Rosie continues her remedial blue card reading, I'm going to have to find something else to do during this hour.

I've been doing some "research" &, in my world, there's lots to watch/do in place of subjecting myself to The View.  (I wish The Whoopster would just bend over & kiss her ass good-bye & put us out of our misery.  While she's at it, the other brown-nosers can take the opportunity to kiss her butt good-bye!!!)

• Love 4

My throat ached for the rescue dogs & puppies that were scared to death by those stupid women & audience members screaming & clapping.

The producers of this show have shit for brains & should be shot & pissed on.  Just sayin'.

• Love 7

My throat ached for the rescue dogs & puppies that were scared to death by those stupid women & audience members screaming & clapping.

The producers of this show have shit for brains & should be shot & pissed on.  Just sayin'.

First and  loudest was Nicolle W.  Why does she scream and yell when other people are talking??????????

• Love 1

I thought Rosie and Raven were annoying today during the mother's  day discussion. If I understood what they were even saying.

Rosie's estranged relationship with her mother is very sad and she is fortunate to have had other mother-like women in her life but there aren't any cards you can buy? Well, there are. And what prevents you from buying/making a blank card and write your own sentiment on it Rosie?

And Raven doesn't do anything because she thinks it is a commercial day? Not even a phone call call which is free?

At least all NW wants is a donut, and WG's best gift ever was her great granddaughter being born on her birthday. 

Sigh. Hope I really missed the points made by RP and RS......

• Love 3