Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Sherri had a very small role in "Precious" where she played a very no-nonsense worker at the alternative education center that the title character attended. No "angry black lady", as it has been described, in that performance.

• Love 1

Thank you for the link to that article about Sherri, my BS meter is very sensitive & it was chiming like crazy. :) There have been many other articles written about Sherri that were full of crap but the lies & exaggerations in this one should earn a prize for most BS & lies in one article!!

That's why I just had to share it with y'all.  Amazing.

• Love 2
“When it was coming up on the seven year mark, God was like ‘it’s time.’” The sincere talk show host revealed. “And, I was like, ‘excuse me Lord? I can’t hear you…’ So, I gave notice, I left, and there was a lot of turmoil, but it’s interesting that with all of the conflict and turmoil that was going on at The View that God chose to pull me out before all of that.”

So -  Did Barbara Walter fire Sherri?  Or did GOD do it?  Or is Barbara Walters actually GOD?  

When God told me it was over, and it was time, it was like, ‘now what?’ I got a child; I got school fees to pay; this boy’s got special needs, so he’s got therapy, and I live in New York City. It’s not like I live in Alabama, where the cost of living is low.”

Yes, the cost of living is low in Alabama.  What is her point?   Salaries tend to be higher where the cost of living is higher.  Rural areas have a lower cost of living, but not very many high-paying jobs.  

Interesting that Sherri "rose up from poverty" according to that article  - she attended schools in Hoffman Estates Illinois.   I'm not saying her family could not have had financial issues.  But they lived in a pretty nice Mostly white,  upper-middle class northwest  suburb of Chicago.    Poverty is relative.  She might have a lot more now than she did as a child, but I am willing to bet she had a better childhood than a most kids living in the poorer areas of Chicago.   As someone raised in Chicago who moved to the 'burbs to make a better life for my kids, I'm always puzzled by Sherri acting and talking like she was raised on the south or west side of Chicago.  

• Love 8
I'm not sure what happened then because my tweet and a couple others I read were gone when I went back to see if there were any responses. None of the tweets including mine were mean or anything.

Jaded, she probably called 911 and when that scheme failed, she called the FBI and claimed to "know Barbara Walters."  Voila...Tweet-Delete!

• Love 3

Would  Sherri be going to The Emmys and that's why she went to LA, not to pick up Jeffrey?

I was just reading Sherri's twitter & had that thought, is that why she was getting, in her words:"glammed up"?

So maybe her pic last night of the goodies at the W Hotel was in LA not NYC.

She will place herself in front of every camera she sees so we should know soon!!

• Love 4

backformore, so funny about Bawa and/or God. 

Also, mumbles, I watched Precious the other night and did not notice Sherri. Sorry, maybe her part was so small, I missed it. 

No, I've been watching the Emmy pre-shows and red carpets and the show itself, no Sherri appeared on screen. 

Also, mumbles, I watched Precious the other night and did not notice Sherri. Sorry, maybe her part was so small, I missed it.

Me three! She had two small scenes - her name was "Cornrows" although I think she was supposed to be the school secretary. Very un-glamorous and average; she didn't stand out and if I hadn't known she was in it, I'd probably never realize it was her. 

Edited by CuriousParker

Sorry, I had to delete a post because I was trying to type with my dog on my lap, lol. It was all messed up and full of typos and I accidentally hit post too soon. 

Edited by LuckyBitch

Oh, thank goodness I wasn't here all afternoon after that bullshit article posted by CattyTiger. You all said it all and saved me so much typing, especially susieq147. I couldn't agree with all of you more!

I could pick apart each and every sentence of that article, but I'll just add something that hasn't been mentioned here yet:

I had to do a stand-up gig in the Bahamas, and I thought Jeffrey’s assembly was at a different time, and he said, ‘mommy it’s today.’ And, he had been working on the song, Frère Jacques for three months, and that’s all he talked about. Do you know, that I cried on the way to the airport? I cried on the plane; I cried with my opening on the stage, and as they were saying, ‘welcome to the stage, she’s been on Dancing with the Stars; she’s been on The View’, I was crying. The only time I didn’t cry was for the hour that I had to make people laugh. But, when I said thank you, goodnight, I went to my room and I cried. That guilt… but I knew doing this gig, I had to pay the bills.”

Such, such bullshit!! How much did that stand-up gig in the Bahamas pay? She did it while still employed by The View (for big bucks), so don't freaking act like a poor single mom of a special needs child who has to take a crappy, undesirable, inconvenient job because she very much needs the money! I hate when she does that!

I was just reading Sherri's twitter & had that thought, is that why she was getting, in her words:"glammed up"?

So maybe her pic last night of the goodies at the W Hotel was in LA not NYC.

She will place herself in front of every camera she sees so we should know soon!!

I think she was out in LA for a TV show. She posted some more on Instagram and on Twitter:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  8h
Laughs all morning w @JennaUshkowitz ("Glee") filming #CelebrityNameGame - I want to work w this… http://instagram.com/p/sIweq7ILvI/

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  50m
Plane taking off.. Finished working and headed back to NYC. Cable bill… Mortgage… Jeffrey’s therapy… All paid for now - thank you Jesus!

She's really working that poor, hard-working single mom angle, isn't she? It's so fucking insulting that she acts like she desperately needs these small gigs right now to pay the bills when in just the first eight months of this year she probably made more than most mothers will make in decades!

And, while I'm at it, I just have to say that I think she is mostly full of shit with all her God and Jesus stuff. I've noticed that whenever I read her fans' replies on Twitter and Instagram most of them mention how God is taking care of her, he has good things in store for her, Jesus, God, blah, blah, blah. I think she throws that  religion stuff out there constantly because she knows that it created a fan base for her and they are very loyal as long as they consider her a fellow Christian woman. Just look at the two comments posted on that article CattyTiger posted. That's her delusional fan base!

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 10

The Celebrity Name Game show is the new syndicated 1/2 hr game show hosted by Craig Ferguson. Gosh Craig - big get! I'm not sure it has even been picked up by any station/network/cable (whatever they are called now collectively.) No word from Sherri on how much fun it is....just she got glammed up for it and flying home now.

I was always confused where she was and assumed NYC after picking Jeffrey up, yet thought just around a week for Jeffrey with his Dad was odd.

Plane taking off.. Finished working and headed back to NYC. Cable bill… Mortgage… Jeffrey’s therapy… All paid for now - thank you Jesus!

Sherri...NO ONE feels sorry for your $10million dollar sob story.  You're working on one syndicated TV show.  You're on Broadway.  You just filmed a movie.  Try living the life many "single" mothers do...here's a fictional example that starts just like yours:

Plane taking off.  The cleaning crew and I got everything in order just in time for another flight.  I am so grateful to have this second job. It might become full-time and it comes with benefits.  I don't know how I would have paid the bills this month if I didn't work two jobs. We haven't had cable for three years.  I'm lucky the landlord will allow me to pay weekly. I was able to get school clothes for the kids from the church's pantry--not enough to last a week, but they're happy and the shoes are almost new!  One foot in front of the other. Thank you, Jesus.

• Love 11

The example that sticks with me is Sherri traveling to a very small venue to do standup for $28/tkt. Yet leaving Jeffrey once again over a weekend for it.....and was worth $10M then as well and still with The View. I don't think standup is where she shines money wise. That surely seemed like a waste of time imo. Let alone a missed opportunity to be with Jeffrey.

The single mother crap really bugs me.....and she should understand and be compassionate to those that are....without nannies, free time to party, nannies, and people that help around the home.

• Love 3

OH NO!  Not Celebrity Name Game - That's Craig Ferguson's new game show.  But I guess a new show would want Sherri's brand of cray-cray.  Ugh.

And, while I'm at it, I just have to say that I think she is mostly full of shit with all her God and Jesus stuff. I've noticed that whenever I read her fans' replies on Twitter and Instagram most of them mention how God is taking care of her, he has good things in store for her, Jesus, God, blah, blah, blah. I think she throws that  religion stuff out there constantly because she knows that it created a fan base for her and they are very loyal as long as they consider her a fellow Christian woman. Just look at the two comments posted on that article CattyTiger posted. That's her delusional fan base!

LuckyBitch, I'm glad you threw "mostly" in there so I don't feel so sad to say I agree.  I am not a fan of all the constant "praise and thank Jesusing" in the manner she does it. Or why it's Jesus and not God.  But you are so, so right about creating that fan base for herself.  I read the comments to some of her tweets and it does sound like a "come to Jesus meeting" or really, more like a movie.  Of course this is just the vibe I get, but put together with other things, it makes me wonder. 

I'm not even saying that Sherri is insincere.  She could probably truly believe this is how to be a Christian.  It's confounding.

• Love 3

Oh, that link.  Thank you Catty Tiger !  I know I would not have found that one on my own.  It was fun, fictional reading at best, and at worst it was, well, such BS.  Yes, so incredibly full of BS that one wouldn't know where to start, so I won't even try.  I will say that it would be a good thing if Sherri is back in her original element wherein the lines she says have been previously written for her.  Well, not for her really, but for a character she would portray.  I think she can do that.  Scratch that.  I hope she can do that.  It's been a while now for her which leaves me wondering if she can do that. 

Without question, she needs to stop.talking.  Wow.  That was bad.  Stop talking, Sherri.  No matter how flattering someone is to you, no matter how great they make it sound for you, you need to stop talking.  You are not going to come off good in it.  Also, anyone can spin this any way they like, but Sherri was fired.  Jenny was fired.  EH was fired.  Constantly pretending otherwise looks good on no one but the ones who did the firing. 

So the point I am trying (badly, sorry) to make is this.  She is an actress and can be a good one.  With the lines written for her, the right costumes dressed on her, the right direction and her own diligent preparation of the memorizing of the lines, she could have her life before the View back, better than it was, if all the stars aligned.  Show up and do that job as well as you can, Sherri.  That is your calling.

Her calling was not the View.  She loved it there (or seemed to) but it just was not for her.  And she was not for us, either.  How did she stay there for seven years?  Were those responsible just lazy, asleep at the switch, nodding off at the controls, just didn't care, just kept it enough under their radar?  Didn't want to bother making a necessary, needed change?  I don't know but I do know that we didn't deserve that, and really neither did Sherri.  She can memorize and say the lines written for her, but when left to her own vices, what happened on The View?  Was she just clueless?  Was she just unaware? Was she just stupid?

I have (unfortunately?) just gotten around to watching the last live Week Of Barbara show.  Sherri, in front of not only Barbara but Mrs. Clinton too (a much revered surprise guest to Babs that day), face to face called Mrs. Clinton "Hillary".. "So, Hillary..."  YIKES.  Barb cut right in with "I don't even call her that...by her first name...Hillary".  Oh, Sherri, no.  Not again.  Is this worse or better than when she addressed a guest on The View instead of by her name, Mrs. Obama, but "First Lady".  It went something like this "...So....First Lady, let me ask about when....".  SO embarrassing.  I thought for sure she'd be toast then. 

I guess by that Thursday of the Week of Babs everyone knew Sherri was toast anyway.  But I did think it was funny that Barb would call her on it.  After all, she muddied Barb's show.  I blame Sherri but I also blame the show.  They could not have not known Sherri's lack of savvy.  And besides, they had a responsibility themselves to see that those shows went well, and no one can tell me they were not aware of Sherri's lack of any je ne sais quoi

Sherri, move on and do the best job you can to say and act the lines which have been written for your character(s) to say.  You can do it, girl.  And for a while at least, stop giving your own words for interviews, or on social media.  You'd do well for yourself and Jeffrey if you just stop that and keep your thoughts to yourself for a while. 

And us?  Well, I can speak for myself and say that maybe just because someone is an actress or a stand up comedian does not mean they are charismatic, funny, smart, knowledgeable and dynamic just because they are an actress.  Some actress are only as good as the lines written for them.  I do expect all of those things in a talk show host, not the actress part, but any that I invest my time watching anyway I do expect all those other qualities.  Too much to ask?  Maybe.  I guess we'll see. 

• Love 10

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  50m

She's really working that poor, hard-working single mom angle, isn't she? It's so fucking insulting that she acts like she desperately needs these small gigs right now to pay the bills when in just the first eight months of this year she probably made more than most mothers will make in decades!

This irritates me so much!!!!  So what Sherri, if you hadn't worked in LA your bills wouldn't have gotten paid?  If that is true then you definitely need to manage your money better.  Or maybe just stop buying shoes that cost what some people have to work two weeks to earn.

Sherri...NO ONE feels sorry for your $10million dollar sob story.  You're working on one syndicated TV show.  You're on Broadway.  You just filmed a movie.  Try living the life many "single" mothers do...here's a fictional example that starts just like yours:

Oh she loves to bring out the "as a single mother" victim act.  Hell, she was still calling herself a single mother even after she married Sal.  As far as I can tell she has NEVER had to struggle as a single mother.  She never had to worry if she was going to have enough money to buy diapers till she got  her next paycheck.  She never had to worry about saving up money to buy her son school clothes.  And considering Jeffrey has a father who he sees regularly she never had to be a mother doing it all alone every day 365 days a year.  So her trying to gain sympathy or be a part of the single mothers sisterhood or whatever is just complete bullshit to me.

I'm not even saying that Sherri is insincere.  She could probably truly believe this is how to be a Christian.  It's confounding

Maybe I'm wrong but isn't a person's faith supposed to be about them and their God?  Is it something that has to be shouted from the rooftops? Or in Sherri's case shouted on Twitter?  It's almost as if she is playing the role of "Sherri Shepherd, Christian".

Was she just clueless?  Was she just unaware? Was she just stupid?

Yes, yes and yes.  And to make matters worse, Sherri didn't care.  She seems to suffer from the affliction known as "celebrititis".  You know, what happens to moderate level celebs who become slightly more famous and then start thinking they are huge stars.  One of the tell-all symptoms is constant tweeting and posting of selfies.  So I'm going to say Sherri is suffering from a particularly bad case.  If she is lucky maybe it will clear up with the right treatment (getting knocked down a peg or two would probably do the trick, like maybe getting bad reviews for her Broadway run).  But if she isn't careful her illness might turn chronic and then we will be subjected to her social media blasts forever.

• Love 6

I had to do a stand-up gig in the Bahamas, and I thought Jeffrey’s assembly was at a different time, and he said, ‘mommy it’s today.’ And, he had been working on the song, Frère Jacques for three months, and that’s all he talked about.

I'm sorry, but how freakin' difficult is it to keep track of one kid's activities?  Sherri keeps going to the wrong class's performances, missing the times/dates/locations of her kid's events.  I guess she learned from her former best-bud Elizabeth how to act the part of the "frazzled mom"  with so many things to do, you just can't keep track. (Oh my god!  today was the first day of school!  i thought it was next week!)   Sometimes, working parents simply cannot attend every single school function.  You just suck it up and tell your kid you can't be there for it - you do not have to make up an excuse about how you had the wrong time or day. 

OR - Sherri could examine her phone, and realize that along with tweeting and texting, it can be used to track school activities, you know, how most moms use their smart phones.  Check the school's website, email the teachers, put school events in your calendar along with all the parties and hair appointments that I'm sure you never miss.

• Love 7

Sherri is desperately trying to stay in the public/social media eye by tweeting. Warning: I am going to vent. 

I agree with the posters said that Sherri is working her Christian base of followers and the single mother (?????) angle.  Yes, I think she is a true believer in Jesus, although I question her loud proclamations like the Pharisee in the temple, vs. the pauper silently praying. But religions are different and in some, these proclamations are encouraged, which is fine for them. I can ignore it. 

The single mother angle is ridiculous. If I were Jeff Tarply--her first ex husband, I would file a suit that Sherri stop saying that Jeffrey (son) needs a father or father figure. 

IMHO, Sherri also needs to get her money shit together big time. No more steady paychecks will wreak even more havoc with her bills--and it is not funny. 

As a mom (tm.,LOL)The only advice I would give to Sherri is to get her calendar/schedule shit together as well in order to be there for Jeffrey's events--as much as possible. Kids remember. Yes, it is tough to always do so. I think Sherri probably had a contract that she could not get out of, but she needs that school/class calendar handy on her much-beloved phone. Consistently missing kids' events or bemoaning the fact that moms have to work is not cool anymore.  Prioritze and communicate with Jeffrey's teachers. 

Sherri probably pays tons of fees for missing dr./therapy appts. as well.  Stupid is not funny.

• Love 5
Check the school's website, email the teachers, put school events in your calendar along with all the parties and hair appointments that I'm sure you never miss.

Right on, BackforMore.  I doubt if she ever forgot or was even late for: DTWS audition, practices, and performances ~ photoshoots for various "first class" magazines ~ meetings with her publisher ~ any appearances at "gospel events" ~ shabby red carpet appearances ~ celebrity weddings and events ~ and so much more.  Only late and forgetful when it comes to her first priority...after God.  

• Love 7
Or why it's Jesus and not God.

I know, CattyTiger!   Apparently her brand of Christianity requires her to call out all people to correct them for praising God, praying to God, or using His name rather than Jesus'.  She needs to get her own program on a Christian channel so she can go through the bible and instruct her viewers on every little nuance therein.  Hey!  She might be a success.  She can portray that old-time fire and brimstone preacher...dancin' on the stage, waving her arms, speaking in (fake*) tongues, and bugging out her eyes.  Oh, she could sing too.

*She has already told us she knows how to fake that.

• Love 5

I'm willing to bet the money blather "oh gotta hustle to pay my bills" is all for the lawyers and even more for the court of public opinion.  She's being sued by Sal for money-- money she doesn't want to pay him.  If she creates this whole image as someone just hustling to get by even if the judge doesn't buy it, ("we can show, your Honor, that Ms Shepherd has been working diligently taking whatever jobs are available yet she's only making x amount"-- why she's taking crappy gigs for little money in small clubs) she's hoping the public will.  

• Love 5

I'm willing to bet the money blather "oh gotta hustle to pay my bills" is all for the lawyers and even more for the court of public opinion.  She's being sued by Sal for money-- money she doesn't want to pay him.  If she creates this whole image as someone just hustling to get by even if the judge doesn't buy it, ("we can show, your Honor, that Ms Shepherd has been working diligently taking whatever jobs are available yet she's only making x amount"-- why she's taking crappy gigs for little money in small clubs) she's hoping the public will.

I would agree with that. But if she really wants to bolster her case then she needs to start shoe shopping at Payless and not the high end stores she has tweeted about.

While I personally don't think Sal deserves a dime I'm sure his lawyer is going to demand to see Sherri's financial records for the past few months.  And I'm curious if the house in NJ was just in Sherri's name or was she stupid enough to have Sal's name on it as well.  But on the other hand, if Sal's name is on the house and it is sold at a loss then isn't the debt just as much Sal's as Sherri's?

• Love 1

And I'm curious if the house in NJ was just in Sherri's name or was she stupid enough to have Sal's name on it as well.  But on the other hand, if Sal's name is on the house and it is sold at a loss then isn't the debt just as much Sal's as Sherri's?

November 11, 2012 is when they purchased their home in NJ and created a limited partnership (LLC) called Hopes and Dreams. Not sure how it was written up though.

• Love 1

I know, CattyTiger!   Apparently her brand of Christianity requires her to call out all people to correct them for praising God, praying to God, or using His name rather than Jesus'.  She needs to get her own program on a Christian channel so she can go through the bible and instruct her viewers on every little nuance therein.  Hey!  She might be a success.  She can portray that old-time fire and brimstone preacher...dancin' on the stage, waving her arms, speaking in (fake*) tongues, and bugging out her eyes.  Oh, she could sing too.

*She has already told us she knows how to fake that.

I had to laugh picturing that scenario!  But seriously, I'd really, really like to know her answer to the God/Jesus issue she obviously has.  Eh, maybe someday I'll tweet her and ask.

She seems to suffer from the affliction known as "celebrititis".  You know, what happens to moderate level celebs who become slightly more famous and then start thinking they are huge stars.

susieq147, yep, I think you got that right.  She seems to be lapping up all the smoke being blown.  Especially if she thinks that smiling picture is so wonderful.  I really don't get that.  Reviews can be brutal.  I hope she's listened to somebody and is ready.  Oh, shoot, I forgot...if she gets bad reviews it'll just be because they are "haters."

• Love 3

I had to laugh picturing that scenario!  But seriously, I'd really, really like to know her answer to the God/Jesus issue she obviously has.  Eh, maybe someday I'll tweet her and ask.

I find it frankly amazing that she remembers Jesus' name. After all, she did refer to his parents and Mary and JOHN.

And FOR SURE she's going to have to cough up her financial records. She ain't no bright light, so I doubt she has the smarts or guile to hire an attorney who could hide her assets.

I'm not religious myself, but I've known several devout Christian women of many different ages, races, education & IQ levels, cultural backgrounds, & economic status.  Every single one is dignified, polite, kind, charitable, & humble -- they focus on others rather than themselves & make sincere efforts to be helpful every day -- they dress modestly, behave responsibly, & consistently set a fine example for children & anyone they meet.  Despite my general skepticism & distrust of religion, I've been impressed with the admirable way these good people live their lives to honor Jesus -- Sherri Shepherd just doesn't make the same kind of impression on me.

Edited by 3pwood
  • Love 11

Despite my general skepticism & distrust of religion, I've been impressed with the admirable way these good people live their lives to honor Jesus -- Sherri Shepherd just doesn't make the same kind of impression on me.

Like you 3pwood, I have no problem with people who's religious beliefs are an important part of their life.  However, when someone constantly tells everyone about their God and how important he is and blah blah blah then I take that to mean they feel like their beliefs are the correct beliefs and if you don't believe the same thing then you are less than them and you are condemned to a fiery eternal death.  I remember telling a Christian woman one time I didn't believe in God and she shook her head and said she would pray for me.  That is something I can see Sherri doing.  She needs to realize yes, she has her faith but there are many people that do not share her faith.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 6

The Daily Caller wrote a funny article about Sherri's missing cell phone:

On Sunday she began tweeting about the lost phone. “Now my life has come to a screeching halt!” she exclaimed.

Then she got prayed up (as Oprah and others say). And sure enough, by 10:29 p.m. Sherri’s life began again.

A nice lady returned my phone! My life is full if joy again! Positive thinking & prayer work wonders #Imbackbaby

Phew! That was a close one.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/25/life-after-the-view-sherri-shepherd-loses-her-cell-phone/

• Love 2

From that same article:

Sherri Shepherd is ever so slowly adjusting to life after ABC’s “The View.”

Since Sherri knows that God's Plan is for her to make changes every seven years, I just know...wait, I have faith that she had things in order so she could have smooth and easy adjustment...and didn't need to adjust "ever so slowly."   You go, girl!

After all, she did refer to his parents and Mary and JOHN.

Maybe she has inside information.  Her comments often disagree with common bible teachings, GHScorpiosRule.  It's possible her brand of Christianity is the right path and other believers are going to hell.

Can't you just picture Sherri sitting at a rickety table choosing which bills she's able to pay?  She's in a threadbare robe (a few stains).  No make-up...definitely no wig or weave, no slippers.  The only lighting in the squalid apartment is a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling.  Snap a Selfie, Sherri and send it to the lawyer ASAP!

• Love 8

I'm not religious myself, but I've known several devout Christian women of many different ages, races, education & IQ levels, cultural backgrounds, & economic status.  Every single one is dignified, polite, kind, charitable, & humble -- they focus on others rather than themselves & make sincere efforts to be helpful every day -- they dress modestly, behave responsibly, & consistently set a fine example for children & anyone they meet.  Despite my general skepticism & distrust of religion, I've been impressed with the admirable way these good people live their lives to honor Jesus -- Sherri Shepherd just doesn't make the same kind of impression on me.

Excellent post!!!

• Love 3

I think she's Evangelical - which requires people to spread "The Good News" as part of their faith - so I can see why she's constantly talking about Jesus. But keep it to Twitter - I don't want to hear about it on a daily talk show. 

This article is too much for oh so many reasons.  AMong my faves:

When oh when did Sherri "sit under Condoleeza Rice"????

I love that when Jeffrey started crying at his track meet, Sherri "started balling."  As George Takei would say "OH MYYYYYYY"

And who is that woman snuggled up to Jeffrey while he sleeps? That is not Sherri, though the photo is credited to her.  Is that his nanny, while mommy is busy snapping pics for her "fans"??

And apparently her god is ok with lying, coz she tells a whole passle of 'em.

Edited by GoldDustWoman
  • Love 8

I was watching a rerun of Steve Harvey's show today and there was a married couple on there and the wife was addicted to social media. She was on it all the time and even named sites I had never heard of. She admitted she had gotten an alert on her phone from one of the sites, went to look at it and when looking up she was close to hitting a jogger. This lady even posted a video of her husband singing to her for their anniversary which he thought was just between the two of them onto YouTube. 

She claimed she had to be on social media because she entered sweepstakes and had even won a few including one that awarded them a trip to Las Vegas. The husband then said that during the entire time on the trip he couldn't separate her from her phone and keep her off the sites she liked to frequent. 

At the end of the segment Steve had a hammer and said if she let him smash her phone with it he'd award their family with a trip to CA. He pulled an old fiip phone out of his pocket and said it would be her replacement which she went "Oh no no no!". Eventually he smashed her phone without her saying yes and I guess they ended up going on the trip. I looked up the episode and it appears to be from 6 mo ago and there were no clips online that I could find.

Anyway the entire time I kept picturing Sherri as the wife and wondered if she was like this while married to Sal and now while she's a "struggling single Mom" to Jeffery. I wish I could find some part of it online so all of you could see it.

• Love 3

Excellent post!!!

Thanks, Medicine Crow.  I've always found it odd that an atheist like me often seems to have more respect for a religion than some of its own adherents do.  I hope that Sherri Shepherd is able to find peace & solace somewhere, because she clearly needs comforting (& so does her poor son).

• Love 7

This article is too much for oh so many reasons.  AMong my faves:

When oh when did Sherri "sit under Condoleeza Rice"????

I love that when Jeffrey started crying at his track meet, Sherri "started balling."  As George Takei would say "OH MYYYYYYY"

And who is that woman snuggled up to Jeffrey while he sleeps? That is not Sherri, though the photo is credited to her.  Is that his nanny, while mommy is busy snapping pics for her "fans"??

And apparently her god is ok with lying, coz she tells a whole passle of 'em.

You really MUST check out the comments (3) regarding this article.  Is Sherri selling Kool-Aid to her fans?

• Love 2
I love that when Jeffrey started crying at his track meet, Sherri "started balling."  As George Takei would say "OH MYYYYYYY"

It always amuses me when people make this error.  I want to say "REALLY?  You started BALLING? with whom?  that's an interesting response to your kid crying"

• Love 9

I think that's one of those pictures that IS Sherri but does not look like her.  Quite a few of those out there nowadays.

• Love 2
(edited)

So she has somebody taking her pic while in the dentist's chair?

I like the comment at the bottom of that article.  And that smiling p

You missed the toothbrush campaign??? She was a spokesperson for Oral B in the Fall of 2011

She talked about it constantly! (on the show, on Facebook, in every interview...

Here is an example (when newly married to Sal)  

Sherri Shepherd Talks: Marriage Life, Divorce, Parenting & Advice On Catching A Man

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/03/exclusive-sherri-shepherd-interview_n_993373.html

A healthy lifestyle is essential to sustaining one's relationships day to day. Not to mention the importance of oral hygiene, which, according to Sherri Shepherd, is one of the golden rules for enhancing her bond with husband, Lamar Sally, and son, Jeffrey, who all recently introduced the power toothbrush to their daily routine.

"If your smile and mouth is not together, it affects your relationship, your self-esteem, your health"

Edited by springtime
  • Love 2

In that Daily Caller article, is the photo of Sherri in the dentist's chair recent? Who does that?? 

Or, was it in connection with this:

You missed the toothbrush campaign??? She was a spokesperson for Oral B in the Fall of 2011
She talked about it constantly! (on the show, on Facebook, in every interview...
Here is an example (when newly married to Sal)  
Sherri Shepherd Talks: Marriage Life, Divorce, Parenting & Advice On Catching A Man
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/03/exclusive-sherri-shepherd-interview_n_993373.html

I wasn't aware of that Oral B campaign Sherri did. It must have been after I stopped watching the show. I only watched the first day of the season in September of 2011 and then deleted it from my DVR timers.

From the HuffPo article:

"One of the things that I do that I've found from being newly married is that my husband and I, we go in the bathroom and brush our teeth together. And that's when we talk about what's going on in the day, so we get to bond that way," she recently told The Huffington Post. "Another powerful moment for me is my son: I've been teaching him how to brush his teeth by himself, so he has his own power toothbrush. And he loves it because it's fun for him."

WTH? How do you talk while you brush your teeth?? First of all, I can't stand being around anyone taking care of personal hygiene and grooming. If my husband brushes his teeth with the electric toothbrush with the bathroom door open while I'm in the bedroom, I ask him to shut the door. Occasionally, he'll walk out of the bathroom and start trying to talk to me and I laughingly scream something to the effect of, "OMG can't you wait and tell me in two freaking minutes when you're done?" We have a huge bathroom with two sinks and a ton of space in between, but I like to be in there alone.

But, hey what do I know? Sherri says you can bond with your husband if you talk while brushing your teeth together. Silly me, after over 15 years of marriage, I didn't know that.

Speaking of marriage, she has some interesting quotes in the HuffPo article. It's from October 2011, just three months after she married Sal.

Among several goodies, there's this:

Although the nation has fluctuating divorce rates, Shepherd had no qualms about the institution itself. In fact, her rocky past has prepared the "30 Rock" actress for her current marriage. "I think that the children are the losers in this. I can't judge anybody because I got divorced,” she added. "It was hard. I kind of ran out of steam. Hopefully with this [marriage], I say, 'Gosh, this is the person that I want to go through life with.' So I'm feeling that I'm willing to push through the difficulties with this marriage."

Considering it appeared that she very abruptly ended the marriage after just two and a half years, (whaaat? no Christian couples counseling?), it didn't seem like she was very willing to work through difficulties. It's a shame she put her son through that roller coaster, not to mention the new baby that she was determined to have.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 6

On Twitter Sherri is no longer an author, Jesus Groupie, Jeffrey's mom or a survivor. Now she's:

Sherri ShepherdVerified account 

@SherriEShepherd

... I dream

Meanwhile Sal lets us know:

Sal @SalfromtheD     ·   22h   

I love kissing my son's chubby cheeks!

Sherri says you can bond with your husband if you talk while brushing your teeth together

Oh, I totally believe Sherri talks while brushing her teeth.  Why would she shut up then?  At a time when most people cannot, nor ever would, speak, she's still talking.  Shut the fuck up, Sherri.

I agree completely, LuckyBitch, in that personal grooming should be exactly that, personal, and private.  

Oh man, Sherri and an "Oral B Campaign".  I don't recall this either because it's probably during a time I thought both Bits and Sherri should have been long gone and stopped watching.  It's so tempting though, to comment but I will try not to, for if I do, I would most surely be banned from here. 

Okay.  I haven't laughed this hard since I don't know when, reading the "balling" comments.  You guys have me laughing real tears, and holding that wonderfully hurt stomach you get from laughing too hard.

I think it's Sherri in the picture "snuggling" Jeffrey.  She's totally gone with the KK way of showing what a great mom you are.  But you really don't care about that.  You don't want to be with any kids, but you need a reason to put a fake gorgeous picture of yourself out there.  So you take literally hours to be made up professionally, hair, makeup, posing, everything, to make you look gorgeous when you're not.  When you're photo-ready, you pose with the kid for less than 10 seconds.   Before it goes out as a "random selfie" (God, has anyone else come to despise the word "selfie"?), it is altered beyond belief, it doesn't even look like you, and voila!  You have a great photo of yourself to put out there as you planned, and you put it out there.  Funny, it's not a picture you're "photo sharing" (hate "photo sharing" too) of you with your child, it's just a picture you're putting out there of yourself.*

I know what you mean, Catty Tiger.  For that period of time you are just in a whole other place, a different place than the world you were in and suddenly feel detached from.  Hope all is well for you and your husband now.

Edited to add that I meant to say *poor Jeffrey.

Edited by Dreamboat Annie
  • Love 5

I seriously think Sherri is in crisis......"I dream"

Where are her real family and friends? Her desperation on counting on the love of her hanger-on-ers, work related "friends" that are so plentiful it is odd - all trying to bounce off each other for bigger fame in their relatively unknown endeavors. Bone Hampton even thanked her today "4 the opportunity to do me on National TV....again."

I missed his appearance the first time and really didn't find him amusing today.

She is in dreamland and even Jeffrey and Jesus aren't enough for her now. IMO she really needs help.

The time she spends on twitter selecting her selfies and past pics, promotion, retweeting nice tweets, "name dropping" and basically reaching out to minor celebrities is very disturbing. Plus her as a single mom crap. It  is nice and they seem to adore her, but they are friendly aquaintances and not hang out or bf's other than promoting each other - again, imo. Not that I expect her to share personal twitter conversations with those that do care and are worried about her.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 3

Oh, I totally believe Sherri talks while brushing her teeth.  Why would she shut up then?  At a time when most people cannot, nor ever would, speak, she's still talking.  Shut the fuck up, Sherri.

Dreamboat Annie, that had me really cracking up!

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 3
(edited)

In that Daily Caller article, is the photo of Sherri in the dentist's chair recent? Who does that??

When you scroll over the photo (right side by Sherri's face) a message pops up which indicates it is a commercial image from September 2011 (released from Oral B)

Not sure why The Daily Caller used it! lol

Here's a related video (they should've taught her how to use the toothbrush correctly - and she demonstrates how awkward it is to talk while brushing) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D5JnGJY3zY

Edited by springtime