Type keyword(s) to search

Sherri Shepherd: "Is the Earth flat?"

springtime
  • Start Topic

Well, she could kneel as well Catty. It was like a key to happiness for Sherri and keeping her huzzban.

I simply cannot believe viewers want to hear that (keep in in the bedroom) let alone BW's horniness or interest in sex and women's hair, etc.

And Geddie did nothing about that. Good grief, he didn't even protect BW from herself.

I really don't mind Whoopi sleeping through the last years, and at least now I think, perhaps, she may be excited for the next season. I slept though it as well, except to snark.

Can't wait for Rosie, that doesn't want to chat about irrelevant topics and is thought-provoking, like Whoopi. Even if I don't agree - it can still make one think.

• Love 2
Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   39m  

@bridgec17  if #DWTS ever has a 'reunion' / 'all star' show... I'd pay @IamValC to take me back for one more go round!

And we ask Val...how much would it take?

• Love 1

Why would Sherri want to change?  Stupidity sells. And she has been selling hers for a while now.

LOL, true.  Unfortunately, stupid does sell.  But one important customer of Sherri's stopped buying her particular brand of stupid, and I think she was heartbroken to lose that. 

• Love 3

HAHAHAHA. I totally read that hashtag wrong:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd  ·  18h
@iamValC always & forever #yourboothang ... love you big head! #mysalsapartnerforlife

At first glance, I saw:

"My Sal's a partner for life"...not "My salsa partner for life".

ETA:  Given all the heavy campaigning she's doing for DWTS All Stars, I bet she has inside word that the next season (next Spring?) will be an All Stars edition.

Edited by LuckyBitch

sherrieshepherd
2 hours ago
Surreal seeing a poster of myself for @cinderellabway ... I think I am going to buy a ticket to see this girl! Sept. 9- Nov 23 cinderellaonbroadway.com for tix   http://instagram.com/p/sTTpNDoLgL/

Why is Sherri such an ass? Also, the poster touts Sherri as an Emmy Award Winner. Is that supposed to be the draw, she won an Emmy (not individual, if I recall) for a talk show?

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

NEWSFLASH, earth shattering event, Sherri is getting her teeth whitened, who else would have a picture taken at this time, will we (gag) get to "see" her at her gyno appointment??

http://instagram.com/p/sUsElJoLol/

I've noticed from old pictures of the View versus newer photos that Sherri seems to have had her teeth veneered somewhere partway through her seven years. So I have a dumb question: if you have veneers, do you get them whitened too?

Also, I read on Gawker that Jenny mcCarthy is getting married today. Will Sherri be there?

• Love 1

NEWSFLASH, earth shattering event, Sherri is getting her teeth whitened, who else would have a picture taken at this time, will we (gag) get to "see" her at her gyno appointment??

http://instagram.com/p/sUsElJoLol

Who the fuck posts a selfie of them in a dentist's chair?  What is wrong with Sherri?  Seriously, is she so desperate for any attention that she posts every detail of her life online?  And who took the pic?  Does she have someone who's job it is to document everything she does?

• Love 5

I guess Jeffrey is somewhere......................Must be nice "as a single mom" to have a "lazy Saturday".

It does always seem like Jeffrey is somewhere..........else. Not with Sherri.  Funny how when she has custody of him he doesn't seem to be with her.

• Love 3

If she was really in the dentist's office this morning, then she obviously didn't go to Chicago for Jenny's wedding. But, I thought they were such great friends, and she loves Jenny and Donnie soooo much.

Then again, you never know with Sherri's tweets. That pic could be from another day and she just tweeted it today to throw people off.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

It looks like Sherri is at home watching tv as she's non-stop tweeting quotes from whatever show she's watching.  Guess her BFF Jenny didn't invite her to the wedding after all.

• Love 2

I laughed out loud at this, maybe I'm tired?

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   39m   

Who is that gorgeous rugby player @GarcelleB “fell” for… Is he single?? #GIRLFRIENDSGETAWAY  on TVOne

Someone replied, "maybe you should try women".

• Love 6

Who the fuck posts a selfie of them in a dentist's chair?  What is wrong with Sherri?  Seriously, is she so desperate for any attention that she posts every detail of her life online?  And who took the pic?  Does she have someone who's job it is to document everything she does?

If someone else took the picture, I guess it can't be called a "selfie."

Just watched Friday's show. Sherri said Jeffrey was back stage because she was babysitting. We babysit our own children? She also said she has not had to deal with him  having a tantrum. She needs some memory exercises.

How many times did she state this (Friday's) show was her last, and refer to the audience as family"? I gave up after hot topics.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3
So, two stand up shows in NJ on Friday night. Back to NYC for this event on Saturday morning, and then back to NJ for two more comedy shows Saturday night. Then, back to NYC for a matinee of Cinderella on Sunday. Looks like her son won't be seeing her much.

This bugs me a bit because men aren't held to the same standard.  I know Sherri goes around saying what a great mom she is, but sadly women are in a lose/lose situation.  If we're working it's "when are you going to spend time with your children."  If you're not working it's "when are you going to get a job?"  So she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.  

• Love 7

This bugs me a bit because men aren't held to the same standard.  I know Sherri goes around saying what a great mom she is, but sadly women are in a lose/lose situation.  If we're working it's "when are you going to spend time with your children."  If you're not working it's "when are you going to get a job?"  So she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.  

I do agree with you. In Sherri's case, for me, it's her pompous know everything attitude that works against her. And sometimes that's bitten her in the butt, imo. Her use of "As a single mom" is pretty tired and grating, too.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3

I agree.  I can't stand Sherri's "know it all" attitude either, especially when she seems to know nothing.

I just don't like it when people get on women's cases about work; when no one gives men the side eye for working 100 hours a week.  In fact, men who work that many hours are given a pat on the back, "they're providers."  

• Love 3

I love when B and A listers come on the show and when asked "oh, oh, how do you do it alllll (either married or single) and they answer "it takes a village.....(or) I have a lot of help.

Sherri pretends to have none.

• Love 2

Speaking only for myself (obviously) I kind of do hold men to the same standard. I know plenty of divorced men and women and I see them make decisions and sacrifices on a pretty regular basis in order to spend more time with their kids.

In my case, I'm married and my husband has more than once turned down an enormously lucrative career opportunity because it entailed a good bit of traveling and he didn't want to miss out on being there for our kid growing up. Like a lot of dads, he does what he can to be at most important school events and be there as much as possible for his child. I have also made career decisions and sacrifices for our family, as it's the number one priority in my life. We can always make money, but kids grow up very, very quickly.

In Sherri's case, we've all seen her do these side gigs all over the country for the past few years, all while holding a very well paying job at The View. A few side gigs here and there, I can see. But the way she seemingly took off every Thursday evening or Friday morning for some gig or event around the country  was a bit much. Most people in her shoes would enjoy that huge paycheck and be thrilled that it came with so many weeks and months off per year, as well as three day weekends they could spend with their kids. Wouldn't we all love a four day a week gig that paid so terrifically well? Instead, we see Sherri with a huge paycheck from The View flying somewhere on most weekends for some gig, which - it's so funny -  almost always is coordinated with plenty of me time and time with her friends. 

• Love 7

I think you're absolutely right.

• Love 2

One thing about Sherri and holding her to a standard is this..... Jeffery has a father that wants custody of him.... A father who is in a stable relationship and has another son. Sherri does all she can to keep Jeffery away from his father as much as she legally can but instead of spending more time with him, she has a nanny raising him.
We know this because Sherri puts this information on social media for all of us to see...... If her career means so much to her then allow his father the chance to raise him while she runs around the country

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 7

I caught that "babysitting" remark, too. I guess that means she's giving her nanny time off?

She's an idiot for letting the world know her minute by minute schedule. If you want to show the court how much time you spend with your child, don't broadcast how much time you spend away from him.

• Love 4

Ginger90, when I'd posted about the show I'd forgotten that Sherri said that Jeffrey was backstage and she was babysitting.  I've heard a few men say that, but never a woman.

I don't think I've ever known a man who works a hundred hours a week who has sole custody of his kids.  I guess Sherri is making hay while the sun shines, but single women I've known who have custody of their children mostly have turned down extra work to have that time with their young children, teenagers-not so much.  I don't know if Sherri's need to be out in public would let her do that.

• Love 3

Isn't Sherri still paying child support or alimony to her (first) ex? If so, that's a big chunk taken out of her income.  Plus, once you start living like you have money, you have to keep making money to maintain that life. For example, her million dollar house-- she bought it when she had a good, stable salary.  It probably seemed like a reasonable purchase based on her income because she didn't contemplate the faucet turning off-- it's a trap that lots of celebrities fall into (MC Hammer is a great example). Once that salary was not gonna keep happening, the house went up for sale (and she still has to pay that mortgage while it sits on the market).  She has to squeeze out every dollar because who knows how much longer people are gonna keep paying her.  As time passes, she'll become less relevant and more forgotten.  And then she has the new divorce case where even if she doesn't wind up paying Sal as much as he likely wants, she'll have attorney bills to pay.  I don't begrudge her doing everything she can to make any dollar offered to her. Whether it's advertising the tooth whitening system she uses (and so likely gets for free in exchange for shilling) or the Zumba classes she pretends she attends.

However, I still don't like her.  I think she's incredibly dumb and in some sort of stage of arrested development where she dresses and acts like a teenager.  Unfortunately, her fans do nothing to discourage this.

• Love 6

When Sherri made a comment about Jeffrey knowing music she doesn't let him listen to, Jenny said something like, now you know what music your nanny plays.

From the land of Sherri:

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   2h   

Catching an early morning flight to @jennymccarthy & @donniewahlberg's wedding ... What a beautiful… http://instagram.com/p/sXTSfeILmM/

Of course a picture had to go along with this. A picture of Jenny and Donnie perhaps? Guess again!

marny, I'm pretty sure I remember when she got out from under paying Jeff alimony.  I don't know about child support since Sherri - or her nanny - has Jeffrey most of the year.

Plus, once you start living like you have money, you have to keep making money to maintain that life. For example, her million dollar house-- she bought it when she had a good, stable salary.  It probably seemed like a reasonable purchase based on her income because she didn't contemplate the faucet turning off

Exactly.  Reasonable to Sherri, but with a husband who doesn't work and only her income, not all that reasonable.  At least she got to pretend for a while.

Last night after I posted some links to articles about the wedding I went back and read them, having only given them a quick look at first. That's when I realized the wedding was today, not yesterday. One article also said Donnie's mother was there, contrary to what TMZ claimed.

Still, I thought Sherri probably would have been in Chicago yesterday if the wedding was today. I'm surprised someone who flies as frequently as she does would take the chance and fly in on the same day of an event. You never know with flight delays, even in good weather. Plus, who wants to shower and get dressed up and have hair and makeup done and then fly? Yuck. Maybe it's me but the first thing I want to do after I reach my destination is take a shower. I would never want to go straight to a wedding with my hair and makeup done hours ago.

ETA: The wedding is being filmed for the Wahlbergs' reality show:

http://couriernews.suntimes.com/2014/08/30/hollywood-wedding-draws-crowd-hotel-baker-st-charles/

A crowd gathered outside the Hotel Baker in downtown St. Charles early Saturday evening, hoping to catch a glimpse of Hollywood.

Former “View” co-host and Splash columnist Jenny McCarthy and “Wahlburgers” star Donnie Wahlberg were at the historic hotel in St. Charles preparing for a wedding, which was reportedly scheduled for Sunday.

One onlooker said a contact had been giving her updates all day and she arrived with a camera to zoom in across the street.

April Dennis of Brookfield had heard the rumors about the wedding preparations and had come out early. She and a friend were able to take a photo with Wahlberg’s mother earlier Saturday at a downtown St. Charles restaurant.

She’d seen two of Wahlberg’s former New Kids on the Block bandmates, Jordan Knight and Danny Wood, and Wahlberg’s brother Paul.

A film crew, apparently from the TV show “Wahlburgers,” was also seen on the street in front of the Hotel Baker.

A hostess at McNally’s Irish pub in downtown St. Charles said Donnie’s brothers Paul and Jim and their mother Alma had eaten there earlier Saturday.

“I knew who they were,” she said. “I just got them their food.”

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 1

When Sherri made a comment about Jeffrey knowing music she doesn't let him listen to, Jenny said something like, now you know what music your nanny plays.

It's not the nanny.  Sherri has spoken many times about listening to rap music with Jeffrey.  Now she says she doesn't let him listen to rap.  Wow. She is delusional.  BTW, I don't believe Jeffrey said that at all; and I don't believe that he is in any way knowledgeable of all those performers/genres and the names of the songs they sing. I also couldn't believe she said she hasn't had to deal with Jeffrey having a tantrum when she has told many, many stories of Jeffrey melting down in department stores and airports.

• Love 10

It's not the nanny.  Sherri has spoken many times about listening to rap music with Jeffrey.  Now she says she doesn't let him listen to rap.  Wow. She is delusional.  BTW, I don't believe Jeffrey said that at all; and I don't believe that he is in any way knowledgeable of all those performers/genres and the names of the songs they sing. I also couldn't believe she said she hasn't had to deal with Jeffrey having a tantrum when she has told many, many stories of Jeffrey melting down in department stores and airports.

No kidding

• Love 1
Plus, who wants to shower and get dressed up and have hair and makeup done and then fly?

No problema!   Just squeeze into those fashionable shredded jeans on a Wednesday, top 'em with some teeny-bopper shirt (NKOTB would be appropriate) and you're good for every event, morning-noon-night, casual or formal for a week or more!  Hide a stick of deodorant in your bra and you're good to go.

• Love 5
I just don't like it when people get on women's cases about work; when no one gives men the side eye for working 100 hours a week.  In fact, men who work that many hours are given a pat on the back, "they're providers."

If men with children are working that many hours a week, there's usually a "little woman" taking care of everything at home...EVERYTHING!   If Sal had been a real man, he could have filled that role.

• Love 8

She just can't stop and still,  it's all about Sherri.

Sherri Shepherd @SherriEShepherd     ·   43s   

I came to this wedding single but I swear I am leaving w a #Wahlberg - hook it up @DonnieWahlberg & @JennyMcCarthy  #JennyandDonnielove

She has a history of misunderstanding the word single.

• Love 4
In my case, I'm married and my husband has more than once turned down an enormously lucrative career opportunity because it entailed a good bit of traveling and he didn't want to miss out on being there for our kid growing up. Like a lot of dads, he does what he can to be at most important school events and be there as much as possible for his child. I have also made career decisions and sacrifices for our family, as it's the number one priority in my life. We can always make money, but kids grow up very, very quickly.

Here's my thing.  I don't know what profession your husband is in, or where you live.  The problem with Sherri is that she lives in New York and LA, two very expensive cities; she's also in a profession where you can't "always make money."  Women in the entertainment industry, especially black women, have a shorter time frame to make the big bucks because there's always someone else right behind you.

Sometimes I wonder why she doesn't have Jeffrey live with his father.  I wonder if Jeffrey's father's wife or girlfriend wants that.  She has a child with the man and she might have issues with Jeffrey being there.  

• Love 4

Here's my thing.  I don't know what profession your husband is in, or where you live.  The problem with Sherri is that she lives in New York and LA, two very expensive cities; she's also in a profession where you can't "always make money."  Women in the entertainment industry, especially black women, have a shorter time frame to make the big bucks because there's always someone else right behind you.

Sometimes I wonder why she doesn't have Jeffrey live with his father.  I wonder if Jeffrey's father's wife or girlfriend wants that.  She has a child with the man and she might have issues with Jeffrey being there.  

He has 2 children with the girlfriend.

• Love 1

[snip]

I think Sherri is too emotionally immature, selfish, passive aggressive, and vindictive to ever do what is truly in her son's best interest. Even if living with his father was the best thing overall for Jeffrey, I don't think Sherri would allow it to happen on principle alone.

Jeffrey, Sr. cheated on Sherri and created a baby with his mistress while Sherri and he were married. I believe Sherri will do whatever she can to forever spite her ex, even if it means her son suffers in the process. I think hell would freeze over before Sherri would willingly (translation: I think it would have to take a court order) allow Jeffrey to live with his father, especially if the other woman is still in the picture. I believe it still pains her to know that not only is Jeff, Sr. still with this woman, but he has another child with her and by all appearances, seems to be in a happy and stable relationship with her.

It appears to me, that Sherri finds validation and her self worth by having a man... any man. I think it cuts her to the core that the other woman is living "the life" (whether good or bad) with Jeff... a life that Sherri feels she deserves.

Imagine how she must feel knowing that Jeff "values" a mistress over her. If Sherri ever had any semblance of a self esteem when she married Jeff, it probably obliterated when he stayed with the mistress all these years.

I don't believe she necessarily wants Jeff himself. I think she just wants what Jeff represents... a relationship with a man to make her feel like she is someone valued in society and valued by herself.  IMO, I think Sherri feels publically humiliated that he stayed with the mistress and wrongly feels that society looks down on her for "not being able to keep a man" or "Sherri must be really awful if Jeff would rather be with a side-piece."

I hope Sherri gets some intensive counseling. She needs to do what is best for her son! If what is best for Jeffrey is being with his father; then do the right thing for your child and his needs.

• Love 9

Sometimes I wonder why she doesn't have Jeffrey live with his father.  I wonder if Jeffrey's father's wife or girlfriend wants that.  She has a child with the man and she might have issues with Jeffrey being there.

Jeff petitioned the court a few months ago to have full custody of Jeffrey and the judge rejected it.

It appears to me, that Sherri finds validation and her self worth by having a man... any man.

Oh hell yeah. Many of us here have long thought Sherri thinks a woman is less a woman without a man.

Imagine how she must feel knowing that Jeff "values" a mistress over her. If Sherri ever had any semblance of a self esteem when she married Jeff, it probably obliterated when he stayed with the mistress all these years.

IIRC when Sherri first found out about the mistress and baby she filed for divorce and then her Jeff reconciled and didn't work out and they split for good.  I'm just speculating but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff had continued to see the mistress when he and Sherri reconciled.

IMO, I think Sherri feels publically humiliated that he stayed with the mistress and wrongly feels that society looks down on her for "not being able to keep a man" or "Sherri must be really awful if Jeff would rather be with a side-piece."

There is that rumor that Sal kept seeing his former girlfriend while married to Sherri.  I'm not saying Sherri is to blame for her failed marriages but I do see similarities in both cases.  At some point you have to look in the mirror and consider maybe you are the problem.  At the very least she needs to acknowledge she has terrible taste in men.

• Love 9

Jeff petitioned the court a few months ago to have full custody of Jeffrey and the judge rejected it.

At some point- parents have to decide what is best for their child despite what the courts determine.

(Love your child more than you hate your ex)

Her Broadway gig is going to keep her away from day to day life with Jeffrey (nights and weekends)

and she has lots of other commitments scheduled (nights and weekends as well)

She should have Jeff Sr (his Dad!) take him for the time being (so she can focus on her after The View career)

Jeffrey can try a new special education school program (a different focus/ learning environment) and Jeff Sr can (try to) teach showering and shoe tying- as well as spend quality time with him!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 5