Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Clean

I kept getting distracted by how fabulous Jackie's highlights looked. Car accident, arrest, jail, withdrawal, Bellevue... and all the time her hair dye job remained perfect. Feh.

And how perfectly straightened her hair was when she was talking to Eddie outside of her house. I just kept thinking that unless she took a shower before she left the hospital, it would have been days since she had one.

• Love 2

I always pictured Roman as being the result of some Showtime exec exclaiming "we need more sex on the show! Get me a young hot blonde who will take her clothes off, stat!". So it's been hard to consider her a real character. No disrespect to the actress, who DOES have a nice body and who does just fine with the comedic material.

I'm pretty sure I remember an interview with the creators or producers of the show who said exactly that - that they cast the Roman character because they wanted to take advantage of being on a paid cable network, ie. hey - why not nudity and sex...

As for Coop - I thought he wasn't returning this season, either, but I'm glad he's back.

• Love 1

Screaming NOOOO when Zoe deleted the picture.

Oh , same here! Zoey! (Head pop.)

I actually liked Carrie a little more when I saw her jacked up apartment. But I hope Coop coaxes her out of that lavender/ turquoise theme. Ugh.

Edited by bunnywithanaxe
  • Love 1

I rewatched part of the episode. Roman said she was renting. And in the initial meeting between Jackie and the lawyer, he told her that it would be easy for him to defend her on the criminal charges, but he didn't think she had a realistic chance of getting her job and her nursing license back.

I guess he has one very broad practice.

he told her that it would be easy for him to defend her on the criminal charges,

Yes, but didn't he then dismiss her outright, saying she didn't have a winning case?  Till she then came back with the story of being summarily fired and defamed in front of co-workers. "Now that I can work with!"

No. I remember an episode of Intervention where the chick was addicted to Oxycontin and then by the time she was getting out of rehab it was stated they'd stopped producing Oxycontin and replaced it with something else similar that's time released and can't be crushed. As far as I know Vicodin is still around.

It's still prescribed in California, and like candy I may add.   I see it on medical bills dozens of times every day. 

Wow, tv's most despicable character is back and now she's going to manipulate her way to getting her job back.  Who would ever reinstate her license though after that arrest?  I assume this is the last season and I hope she just ends up in the gutter at this point.  No miraculous seeing the light in the final couple of episodes, she's had enough chances already.  I like Carrie and Coop together, they're fun.  You take that head nurse job, Zoey! 

• Love 3

Presumably he was saying, "We'll handle your criminal defense case. But we're not going to represent you in your effort to get your nursing license and job back, because it's hopeless."

I am hoping it ends that way. No nursing license. A job she does not like. That is more realistic.

Once an addict, always an addict. She has to have several years of sobriety under her belt before she can earn full trust again. And that's the sad reality addicts have to live with.

Edited by Jellybeans
  • Love 1

I just hope Zoey still has it in her to go get her Masters to be a nurse practitioner after all of this betrayal bullshit. She is a good, caring, competent nurse and that's the ending I want for her. Plus, you make so much more as a NP that she could live quite comfortably. I am rooting for her.

Edited by Mindy McIndy
  • Love 3
Wow, tv's most despicable character is back and now she's going to manipulate her way to getting her job back.  Who would ever reinstate her license though after that arrest?

This aspect confuses me.  Even if Jackie is somehow able to use her showdown with Akalitus to get her job back, I don't see how she plausibly would be able to maintain her license at this point.  I mean, I have trouble believing she is going to honestly be able to prove that the drugs she had were for a legitimate purpose (even if Eddie has now faked all the documentation), but I will say Jackie how shown an amazing ability to get herself out of what appears to be impossible situations. 

• Love 1

Have to smile, when Jackie's lamenting to Eddie 'nobody believes anything I say. They just look at me like some...junkie'  And in the very next scene she goes into the ER and lies about where she's been for the week.  Tho, I guess even being in prison she still was detoxing.

• Love 2

"You're selling my own drugs back to me?" If the drugs logged in by the arresting officers didn't all make it into evidence, could the trafficking case get thrown out because the chain of custody was broken?

Last season, the DEA agent told Jackie how evidence used to disappear up his nose.