Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

(God Forgive Me)  Let's Go Mets (tonight anyway)

Now I'm running out of the room screaming like a banshee.

It's like I don't even know you anymore.

Okay, I really don't know you at all, but still...   :-)

We have some guys in from Scotland at work right now. Taking them to an Astros game tonight. They've never seen a baseball game AT ALL so this should be interesting. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, jennifer6973 said:

(God Forgive Me)  Let's Go Mets (tonight anyway)

Now I'm running out of the room screaming like a banshee.

I read your posts, and I wonder why does someone with 69 and 73 in her user name hate on the Mets so much? Those were some big years for the Metropolitans.

• Love 1

rallymantis I'm not a Royals fan, but I love the whole rallymantis thing. I was watching one of their games a couple days ago and Salvador Perez got a run, came in, and kissed the aquarium. They have certainly been doing well. 

2 hours ago, Moose135 said:

I read your posts, and I wonder why does someone with 69 and 73 in her user name hate on the Mets so much? Those were some big years for the Metropolitans.

It's 6 - 9 -73

Date of birth, but I'm a Nats/Orioles/Reds fan so I just dislike all NY teams. (and in case of the NYY, the deceased owner is the primary cause of dislike)

• Love 1

Pfft.

It would be nice if the Yankees bats woke back up for cod's sack.

On an unrelated note I was listening to an interview with Gary Sanchez and not looking at the TV and I would have sworn that A-Rod started a new career as an interpreter.  Sanchez's interpreter sounds EXACTLY like A-Rod does when he speaks Spanish.  It's uncanny.

Also boo Orioles.  BOOOOOO.

Edited by mojoween

Yanks trade AAA OF and International League MVP Ben Gamel to Seattle for 2 minor league pitchers. Happy for Gamel because he is a good ballplayer and a hard worker. Yanks have so many outfielders in the ranks that I figured this would happen. Good luck to him. 

mojoween, I'm falling hard for these new Yankees.

http://web.yesnetwork.com/media/video.jsp?content_id=1118232483&topic_id=5869378&c_id=yesnetwork

Edited by prican58
  • Love 1

Was today's schedule the shortest one all year?  Seems like it. Plus, the Padres/ Braves game ended before noon Pacific so it was over before I even looked up the games.

Looking forward to seeing this Yoan Moncada kid for the Sox, see if he's ready for the MLB or just being rushed to be the Red Sox answer to Gary Sanchez.

• Love 1

Yeah, but that's when they schedule and are thinking "there might be snow outs in the east and Minnesota, Denver" etc.  Yesterday was like the day after the All-Star game.  And we all know how painful that can be.

Edited by King of Birds

I'm hoping for a rainout on Sunday night for the Mets' sakes. Their game with the Nats got "flexed" by ESPN to 8, and then they have to fly out to Cincinnati to play a 1 p.m. game (noon central). I don't know how they can rest at all with that schedule.

Spoiler

ESPN basically screwed both teams with the Sunday night game.  The Nats have a 4 pm game on Monday.

And I prefer the Mets to be more tired so my Reds can beat them.  (The Reds were my first NL team so I like to see them do well)

It could be worse. Earlier this season the Pirates played a Wednesday night game, flew to Colorado for an afternoon makeup game, flew back to Pittsburgh for a weekend series ending Sunday night and then had to fly to NY for a day game on Monday.

Reminds me of the Mets' October in 1999. They beat the Pirates at Shea to clinch a tie for the wild card, flew out to Cincinnati to await the Reds' results, beat the Reds in a one-game playoff the following day, then flew to Phoenix to face the Diamondbacks in the NLDS the day after that. Three days, three cities, three wins.

I just think ESPN likes to screw with the teams at all cost, that is the only explanation for me anyway.

Did someone tell the Mets fans the Subway was closing at 10:15 or something, they are leaving a most excellent game.

Oh and the Yankees are losing also.  This day is awesome.

Edited by jennifer6973
  • Love 2

Look, I get it. We're all human. You miss a pitch, sometimes, when you're an ump. But these knuckleheads need a baseball bat to the noggin'.

What's better for replay, than to correct this kind of blatant umpire stupidity? It was a fucking swing. I've read enough biographies of baseball players/ umps and others to know that umps will say "Ooops I missed that one." Look at the 3rd base umps face at :24 in the clip. That's a total "hey, I was thinking about what's for dinner instead of baseball" face if I've ever seen one.

49 minutes ago, King of Birds said:

ebk57 must've sold her soul to the Devil. Don't you think? And now inviting strangers from the internet along to the SWEEP tomorrow.

Some sucker - I mean some wonderful baseball fan - bought the ticket.  So I don't have to acknowledge the stranger next to me.

As for the first part, no comment.

Wait a minute.  Did I hear Michael and Kenny correctly?  The Orioles actually got all butthurt about the A's not expanding their roster and therefore lost to the Red Sox, because the O's are battling the Sox for playoff position?

That always amuses me at the end of the year. Like, eyes on your own paper.  The A's don't need to do anything except what's in the best interest of their club, which is 24 games out.  Might as well let the AAA guys stay put.

"Mark Trumbo has shown in right field that he's a great power hitter."  Bwah!

Dellin Betances in the high five line makes me think of Amaury Nolasco's character in "Benchwarmers."

Edited by mojoween
On 9/4/2016 at 2:10 PM, rcc said:

Anyone know what's happened to Joe Castiglione on the Red Sox radio feed? He hasn't been in the booth for any games in Oakland.

Not sure if you found this out since you posted a few days ago - Joe was sick before the radio team left for the west coast. Rob Bradford's been filling in.

16 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I totally want to have Brett Gardner's babies right now.

...TMI?

Hm, I don't know what happened tonight - I mean, thanks for beating Toronto- but don't you want Headley's babies?

• Love 1
15 hours ago, mojoween said:

I totally want to have Brett Gardner's babies right now.

How would you know? They're all small with not-much hair...

Reminds me of that Yankees Road Trip reality show season where the fan/cast member got herself knocked up by a (married) relief pitcher. 

55 minutes ago, attica said:

Reminds me of that Yankees Road Trip reality show season where the fan/cast member got herself knocked up by a (married) relief pitcher. 

I remember that show! One of the roadies hooked up with a player?

Second season, iirc. The dark-haired one. As I remember the goss at the time, she hooked up with one player, that ended, and then she cried on the shoulder of the reliever (rhymes with Mott Smockter), who was very pious-family-values, cheered her up and knocked her up. She kept the kid, but he went back to the missus.

(I'm purposely not using names to thwart search engines and google alerts.) 

• Love 3