Type keyword(s) to search

MLB Thread

smittykins
  • Start Topic

No I think MLB designed it that way so if there were games that meant something to each other, they had a chance of ending close to the same time to up the drama.

Mother nature had other plans for the Yanks and Pirates today, however.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Yeah, for the past several years, Game 162 starts at 3:00 p.m. Eastern across MLB.

With the Yanks in a rain delay, I'm on baseball Twitter while keeping an eye on the Mets, Braves, D-Backs, and Phillies/Nats. I figured I'd share this:

8 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Yeah, for the past several years, Game 162 starts at 3:00 p.m. Eastern across MLB.

With the Yanks in a rain delay, I'm on baseball Twitter while keeping an eye on the Mets, Braves, D-Backs, and Phillies/Nats. I figured I'd share this:

If he really cared, he'd sell the team.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Mother nature had other plans for the Yanks and Pirates today, however.

Guardians and Astros too. That game still hasn’t started. None of them mean anything though, so no drama there.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, DMK said:

Guardians and Astros too. That game still hasn’t started. None of them mean anything though, so no drama there.

If the Yankees win and the Phillies lose they would have the same record and the Yankees would get homefield if the met in the World Series.

Edited by shoregirl

Looks like Philly won.  Although NY wouldn't be playing during the week, it's probably a good thing that no one would have to play on Monday or whenever for no reason

Dodgers will finish with the best record, the Phillies second and Yankees third.

Arizona and Mets both won and the Braves are losing. If the Braves lose then everything for those final two spots comes down to tomorrow. If the Mets and Braves split tomorrow they are both but if either teams wins both games they are in and Arizona is in. 

Edited by shoregirl
  • Useful 1