Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Spoiler Speculation: Anarchy In The USA

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, heisenberg said:

I hate her,  so if the radical change is that she became a zombie and she gets killed on the spot, I would not mind.😆

Haha, agree to disagree.

59 minutes ago, rmontro said:

Morgan started FTWD in episode one of season four.  Madison departed in episode eight, the midseason finale.  But I don't believe the two characters ever met?

Her scenes were in flashback, though we weren't supposed to realize that at the time. I think he did manage to see a recording of her though, an interview she did with Al.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Alicia is seriously leaning into the apocalypse look beyond the scroungy gone camping look both shows usually go for. As always, this show actually does great looking trailers. They always make me want to see the season and then it's usually a let down from there as it's like the showrunners can do great individual bits but don't know how to string them together.

• Love 2
(edited)

Let’s see what they can do with a nice fresh clean slate, a brand new start to the ZA, you’ve got to get this right people, no excuses after all these years 🙏🙏

Edited by OoohMaggie
22 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Let’s see what they can do with a nice fresh clean slate, a brand new start to the ZA, you’ve got to get this right people, no excuses after all these years 🙏🙏

Who was I trying to kid? I can’t believe what I’ve just watched, come back World Beyond all is forgiven. 
They must have allotted more budget to that guys stick on beard than to the previous half hour, yeah I get it’s only the inside of a submarine, shall we move on to the acting?….let’s not. I can’t wait for the snark on this, it was truly, truly terrible. Please don’t let them anywhere near Maggie’s spin-off.   😭😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

Anyone know how many episode of DitW there are? It says "mini-series" but I'm not doing more than 2. 

No just DITW, I was confused, I thought it was a proper spin-off with six episodes of 45 mins each 🤭😳🙄, it is in fact the same as the one set in the airplane and the Red Machete, the six episodes are only 40 odd minutes combined. That’s why it seemed so awful, and rather quick 🤣, maybe it won’t be as bad watched a few minutes a week. I suppose I’ll have to retract my “cheapness” accusation, the acting still sucks though.

Edited by OoohMaggie
5 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

No comments on DITW?  I’m dying to know if it’s just me 🤔

I swear I made a post about it, but apparently I didn't. Anyway, it was ok. Not terrible, but it could've been a lot scarier. Both endings were stupid. 

I know this is the spoiler section, but skip this if you don't want FtWD Dead in the Water spoiled. 

The first ending when he's talking to his wife who has survived the last few weeks or however long, and of course when he's on the phone with her, that's when she gets killed. Such a TV coincidence. 

The second ending when it's Teddy who meets him on the beach. Lame attempt at a tie-in to the main series. 

• Love 1
On 4/19/2022 at 10:58 PM, Superclam said:

and of course when he's on the phone with her, that's when she gets killed.

I’m sure there must be someone, somewhere that didn’t see that coming 🙄and they get paid for writing that 😭

I’d forgotten all about old teddy, at least his beard didn’t look as though it was held on  with double sided tape 🧔♂️

• LOL 1

Well i've always been a staunch defender of this show, even when it's not quite hit the target. I can't defend this though, it's just a mess.

Fear started out as a very different show both in terms of how the show 'looked', and in it's themes and ideas, and was better for it. not being tied to the comic book stories and the comic book aesthetic helped IMO. Gradually though it has morphed into being just a discount version of the main show with all of the main show's flaws.

TWD tropes as follows:

1 Cosplay Idi Amin. over the top villain who has not logical motivation beyond being insane and doing insane stuff, for some reason.

2 Just shoot them already! characters going to great lengths to fight obvious evil bad guys but not simply killing them when given an open goal to do so.

3. Déjà vu location. All the action takes place in the same three dimly lit bits of post apocalyptic waste land, (in TWD original it's a scrappy bit of woodland, in fear it's a disused quarry) presumably it's so dark because they hope this means we won't notice.

4. They did what now? Established character doing stuff that contradicts their previous known personalities just to drive the plot.

5 rinse and repeat. non of this stuff matters because the communities we build will fail for some dumb reason and all the people we've saved will be forgotten about and we'll start again from scratch next season.

And so on. Fear was a more interesting show with more complex themes concerning the morality of survival, what it meant to survive at the expense of others and how the characters were trying to come to terms with the guilt of knowing that they were still there, and many others were not. All those ideas appear to have been junked in favour of turning the show into a poor man's copy of the main show where two disparate groups are in conflict for, er, reasons, when it would make far more sense for them simply to cooperate with each other.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

on the spoiler and speculation front. The latest AMC plus episode has morgan leaving in a life raft with the baby. This doesn't really make any sense but, you know, see above. Anyway, my prediction is with Madison coming back, they'll shift Morgan back to the main show, possibly because they need one of the 'big beast' characters to fulfill rick's role from the comics in the final story line with the commonwealth.

• Love 3

Good to see you back @BasilSeal! I was worried you finally got bit. 

I can excuse a lot of the bad plot points, and there are many. For me, this show, and the whole WD universe fails in the horrible dialogue the writers make the characters say. Last week it was Dorie Sr. going on and on about legacy. Next week, it's Dwight and Sherry going on and on about legacy. It used to be Rick going on and on to Lori about Carl's future (and legacy.) So boring, and when the actors are mediocre, it just doesn't sell. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Superclam said:

Good to see you back @BasilSeal! I was worried you finally got bit. 

Thanks superclam, i've been absent for a while but remember the first rule of the apocalypse, if you didn't see them die then they're not dead. ;)

• LOL 4
On 5/12/2022 at 9:20 AM, BasilSeal said:

The latest AMC plus episode has morgan leaving in a life raft with the baby

What with Carol not needing the use of her fishing boat anymore, I can see the perfect ‘by chance’ meeting of Morgan and Daryl happening, with a fair wind I don’t see why they can’t make the French coast, how cool would it be if they stumbled across Michonne, now that she won’t be needed for the movies,…….movies, what movies? 🤔🤔🤔

On 5/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, Superclam said:

So boring, and when the actors are mediocre, it just doesn't sell

I still haven’t seen any of season 7 yet, I feel so many opportunities to snark slipping by 🤬🤬🤬

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

I still haven’t seen any of season 7 yet, I feel so many opportunities to snark slipping by 🤬🤬🤬

Honestly, it's not even fun-bad, although Strand is hamming it up so bad the dictator jokes are easy. I noticed last week there were ZERO posts on the live posting thread, something that, to the best of my knowledge, never happened even with the teen show. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/13/2022 at 9:19 PM, Superclam said:

I noticed last week there were ZERO posts on the live posting thread, something that, to the best of my knowledge, never happened even with the teen show.

that’s rough, from the show that promised so much yet delivered no where near what was  hoped for, it makes one think back to the not frequent enough good times……..

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 1
On 5/13/2022 at 4:12 PM, OoohMaggie said:

What with Carol not needing the use of her fishing boat anymore, I can see the perfect ‘by chance’ meeting of Morgan and Daryl happening, with a fair wind I don’t see why they can’t make the French coast, how cool would it be if they stumbled across Michonne, now that she won’t be needed for the movies

If they are able to all meet in the middle of a wood at the same time at night,  i don't see why they would not be able to meet in the middle of the Mediterranea sea at 3:00 am in the fog.🤔

• LOL 3
(edited)

Didn't Wes used to be a good, tree painting kind of guy, much catching up to do. 
So what is that, the 15th time Daniel has been shot, that post apocalyptic healthcare system is certainly doing its thing. 

Edited by OoohMaggie
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

Didn't Wes used to be a good, tree painting kind of guy, much catching up to do. 
So what is that, the 15th time Daniel has been shot, that post apocalyptic healthcare system is certainly doing its thing. 

Yes Wes used to be a good guy. They did Colby Hollman no favors by turning him into a villain; he's really not up to the task.

Daniel has been shot, stabbed, and let us not forget that he supposedly went up in flames when he burned down the villa in Mexico. The guy has one hell of a constitution. Personally, I love the character and what Ruben Blades does with him, so I'm really glad that they wrote him to be indestructable.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wes went bad for no good reason at all. Just like Morgan is suddenly outta there.

With Alicia going to a new show, I guess it's just gonna be Madison vs Strand.

I don't think anyone else left ever knew Madison. Which is going to definitely lessen the emotional impact of her return. But if they end up turning her full villain, then maybe that's for the best. It would be tough to see her turn on the people she used to care about, and who cared about her.

Hopefully that doesn't include me. Please don't Negan-ify her. Please give her more nuance than that.

• Love 1
On 5/17/2022 at 3:26 PM, Starchild said:

I don't think anyone else left ever knew Madison. Which is going to definitely lessen the emotional impact of her return. But if they end up turning her full villain, then maybe that's for the best. It would be tough to see her turn on the people she used to care about, and who cared about her.

Did I miss the spoiler where we found out that Madison will be a villain? Or is it just a guess? I think the only one from the latest crew who ever knew her was Al(?) - the woman who coerced everyone into letting her video their stories. But I think she - wait, she rescued most of these guys by helicoptering them away from the nuke. Because in this universe the laws of physics are mutable. And then we never saw her again. I think.

This show confuses the hell out of me

1 hour ago, maystone said:

Did I miss the spoiler where we found out that Madison will be a villain? Or is it just a guess? I think the only one from the latest crew who ever knew her was Al(?) - the woman who coerced everyone into letting her video their stories. But I think she - wait, she rescued most of these guys by helicoptering them away from the nuke. Because in this universe the laws of physics are mutable. And then we never saw her again. I think.

No, all we have is a teaser that shows her being interviewed in a dimly-lit room for about 15 seconds. So far, there's no indication of anything else about her, unless I really missed something. 

Since this is the spoiler-section, I can tell you she's not on the next episode or mentioned at all. Since that's episode 14/16, I'm guessing the Madison reveal will be at the end of the last episode as a cliffhanger, which is so lame considering they haven't remotely tried to hide it. 

• Love 1

Yeah I'm just speculating based off interviews I've heard about that say the original showrunner wanted to show a TWD-verse protagonist become a villain over the course of the show, and since she was the star of the show at the time...

On 5/19/2022 at 10:58 PM, Starchild said:

Protagonist become a villain over the course of the show

But...  But...  Every time she was showing her face somewhere you could be sure they were all going to die, she always was a villain.  To me, she's the devil.

And Strand is doing that right now,  so I am pretty mixed up by all this.