Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Oh No She Betta Don't

• Start Topic

Milk's expiration date was up. I like Trinity as a person, but she sucks as a performer. I wish she would realize that flipper she wears is a hindrance. Dorriane & Leganja are nasty, butter queens. I wish we could combine Dorriane's fashion sense and makeup skills with LaTrice's personality. We'd have the perfect plus size queen. If Courtney is going to give us body, she needs to pad those hips cause all I see is boy from the waist down. I am like Bianca more and more. Ditto for Ben and Adore. Joslyn has skills but she needs to tone down her runway looks to something less than the kitchen sink method of dressing.

I thought it was complete bullshit for TPTB to have that stupid ass letter from Gia read to the girls. I mean, this was being done just before two of them were going to go out there to lip synch for their lives and even if you want to shake it off as lame shade (it being Gia and all) it can still rattle you in the moment. Also, they would have known that Gia's venom was going to be particularly aimed at Milk. Just unfair fuckery.

I was sad to see Milk go and she seemed genuinely upset. Awww.

I thought Adore was great (can't quite believe I've completely changed my mind about her) and it was a much deserved win and especially nice in that Laganja thought this was her challenge to win. I was living for Bianca’s Valley of the Dolls (my fave book/movie) runway and thought she was a scream in the video.

Darienne Lake can fuck right off. Done.

• Love 5

You know, the thing about Trinity is, I don't think her actual teeth are that bad.  Certainly not worth losing her ability to speak over.

Agreed. I keep looking for a Jiggly Caliente busted grill and I don't see it. Using her own teeth would at least take away one hindrance for her. Sadly I had to laugh when Bianca asked her point blank, what she is good at and ......crickets. Bianca is schooling these young gals in her own way and so far Adore is the only one who seems to have noticed it.

• Love 3

So I think I've figured out why I enjoy Adore. Some of it may be due to her already having reality show experience, but she actually has self and situational awareness in a way that I think only Joslyn also has among the young set of queens. She can laugh at herself - see her coming right back at Bianca with a laugh even before they got the library mini challenge - and the multiple times we've now seen her blast right on through Laganja's frankly pathological idiocy. I also laughed out loud at her "I want to be just like her when I'm 57. [collapses laughing] Oh shit, she's gonna kill me" talking head about Bianca.

Anyway, glad to see Joslyn stepping up. Sucks to see Darienne continue to sink into mean bitchiness that reminds me way too much of Roxxy. And sad (but not really surprised) to see the last of Milk. I'm still mostly living for DeLa and Bianca, and it makes me so happy that this didn't trip either of them up, I was actually scared going into this that it would.

• Love 2

You know, I didn't really see anything wrong with what Darienne did this episode (granted, I haven't watched Untucked yet, but still).  She picked the 4 she thought were strongest.  Ben delaCreme might have had her feelings hurt, but I think Darienne was within her right to not discuss her selections.  She was struggling with the challenge herself and needed to focus on that rather than Ben's feelings.

Personally, I felt that Laganja was more deserving of the bottom 3 than Darienne (though I also felt this way the last time Darienne was in the bottom 3.  Maybe I just don't like Laganja), but since Darienne picked such a strong group, her weaker effort stood out more.

Glad to see Adore get a win, even if it was at the expense of Bianca.  And Joslyn looks to be peaking at the perfect time.  Really looking forward to the Top 6 (I assume Trinity and Laganja will be out shortly).

• Love 1

I think Dela needs to chill out about how Darienne picked teams. I LOVE her, but it's a game and frankly, even if they were besties, Dela doesn't scream 90s hiphop.

I really though I would love Courtney more this season. She needs to pull out something quirky or interesting or she's going to get lost in the pack.

Am I the only one would thinks Jocelyn looks Latina in drag? I keep seeing him as a boy and going: who is that?

I assume Trinity and Laganja will be out shortly.

Ugh. From your keyboard to God's ears.

Darienne is quickly rising to Delta Work-like stankness in my eyes. Sorry to see Milk go and even sorrier she had to listen to that horrible letter from Gia before LSFYL'ing. And it's the morning after and I still think Darienne should have been bottom two, not because of her ever increasing stankness but her rap was imho the weakest. Laganja can go any time. Still loving Ben, Bianca and Joslyn and yes even...

I can't believe I'm enjoying Adore, but there it is.
I feel the same way! She didn't impress me in the premiere but episode by episode she's slowly growing on me.

Since Tim Gunn emerged from PR I've always said I wanted him as my fairy godfather, dispensing wisdom, advice, support to me on a daily basis. I am now adding Bianca as my fairy godmother. LUV HER. When she told the judges that white makeup that she didn't use didn't go to waste 'cause she snorted it (along with twitchy movements and bugged out eyes) I about died. LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Dela needs to chill out about how Darienne picked teams. I LOVE her, but it's a game and frankly, even if they were besties, Dela doesn't scream 90s hiphop.

See, I get what you and PoliVamp are saying.  But I think what bothered me about Darienne's behavior is that A) from what we see from Darienne's confessional (which could be editing, I know) is that Darienne excluded DeLa because she was jealous that DeLa's doing better in the competition.  And B), that Darienne was so nasty about it when DeLa asked.  I get why DeLa asked - I think she got the vibe that she was friendly with Darienne, and that she IS strong in team challenges, so to me, I understand why she thought she would be asked.  Before this ep, I got the definite vibe that they were friends, so it did seem a bit backhanded on Darienne's part.  So when DeLa just genuinely asked why, and Darienne nastily replied, "It's none of your fucking business why I chose the way I did", I mean - that was uncalled for.  You can tell someone, "Sorry if you're hurt, but I have my own reasons", and it wouldn't have been as bad.  But to say it like that, with that rather angry way she spat it out, it seemed like there was much more to it than that she wanted a stronger team.  From my viewpoint, Darienne just didn't want to admit, "I didn't pick you because I'm jealous of you now."

Edited by Raspberry2012
  • Love 3

Yeah, Darienne. You're right. There's no reason to pick someone from Seattle if you're talking about rap in the 1990s.

(coughs meaningfully, nods head at 1992's "Baby Got Back," recorded by noted Seattle rapper Sir Mix-a-Lot)

• Love 2

This episode was hysterical. Loved Adore.  She seems like her head's in the right spot.  She's not getting pulled into Laganja's drama.  And it seems like she's learning some tricks from Bianca!!  Woo hoo!  Loved it.

I thought Darienne wasn't at her best, but I'm not so quick to run her off.  Dela has her moments of coming across like..."I have no idea...no I'm the greatest!"  Instead of brushing it off like she does with Courtney, it seems like Darienne may be taking it personally.  Her reads were on point though.  Funny as hell. I'll have to see an episode or two more of stank before I find a bigger boot to whack that ass.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Sigh. I am RuPaul's bitch, because I went right to iTunes and downloaded "Oh No She Betta Don't".  I'm listening to it right now. ;)

ETA: I obviously am having trouble spelling words properly this morning...

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 1

From my viewpoint, Darienne just didn't want to admit, "I didn't pick you because I'm jealous of you now."

Exactly! I think Darienne had decided early on that de la wasn't a threat and she's having a very hard time with the fact that that is not the case.

Sigh. I am RuPaul's bitch, because I went right to iTunes and downloaded "Oh No She Betta Don't".  I'm listening to it right now. ;)

That song is mad catchy. Just reading that sentence set off the chorus in my head, Thank you very fucking much. :D

• Love 1

This may be me overly-relating to Darienne, but I would hate to be put on the spot (especially in front of all the other competitors) with the 'Why didn't you pick me?' question and probably would have responded just as forcefully.  There's really no good way to answer that without looking bad, even using Raspberry2012's reply, because it makes you look shady if you answer that way and answering honestly (which, for Darienne, would probably be long the lines of 'I think the others are more talented than you' or 'I don't really like you that much') makes her look like an asshole.

I've noticed the reading challenge always seems to provoke a backlash against the bigger queens (even Latrice had a bit of one for hers).  Are we Tyra Banksing all over ourselves and expected plus-size girls to be jolly and hating them when they aren't?

Of course, Darienne could self-destruct next week and prove me wrong, but for now I am giving her the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 1
Are we Tyra Banksing all over ourselves and expected plus-size girls to be jolly and hating them when they aren't?

I don't think so. Dorriene has been getting nastier and nastier in her TH's and interacting with the other queens both in the workroom and during untucked.  She's not Leganja levels mean, but her remarks feel more cutting than joking. I'm not sure if it's editing or not but she's coming across as threatened by Ben for whatever reason. I think if there really weren't bad feelings  towards Ben she could have jokingly replied, "cause you my competition girl!" or something similar. 

• Love 2

her remarks feel more cutting than joking

This. Maybe some of it is that Darienne never says these things to the person she's sniping at -- it all either comes in talking heads or on the other side of the workroom -- but at least for me, it's also that she's not coming from a place of ignorance (Gia) or delusion (Laganja), so it's coming off as a personal animosity rather than just a bitchy comment.

I do think DeLa made it uncomfortable asking the question out in front of everybody, but my opinion of Darienne had already changed and I frankly put that moment down to production/editing forcing a public "confrontation" instead of a quick side convo.

I think if there really weren't bad feelings  towards Ben she could have jokingly replied, "cause you my competition girl!" or something similar.

I honestly think Bianca and Adore are the only ones in that room who would have easily come back with that kind of response.

• Love 1
(edited)
I don't think so. Dorriene has been getting nastier and nastier in her TH's and interacting with the other queens both in the workroom and during untucked.  She's not Leganja levels mean, but her remarks feel more cutting than joking. I'm not sure if it's editing or not but she's coming across as threatened by Ben for whatever reason. I think if there really weren't bad feelings  towards Ben she could have jokingly replied, "cause you my competition girl!" or something similar.

Right - you can tell by the anger that she's so jealous of DeLa that she's not thinking clearly. Look at it this way - DeLa is currently the strongest in the competition.  She's got two wins, and she's never been in the bottom.  The only time she wasn't in the top was the second week when she wasn't even there, and last week when she was safely in the middle.  So in a team challenge, you WANT the strongest player in the game on your team.  You want to knock her out in an individual challenge, of course, but not in a team challenge - a player like DeLa is who you want.  So yeah, I think Darienne is bitter and angry, but I also think there's that little voice in the back of her head saying, "You screwed up.  Sure, a girl from your team won, but you came across looking like a bad leader."

I do think DeLa made it uncomfortable asking the question out in front of everybody, but my opinion of Darienne had already changed and I frankly put that moment down to production/editing forcing a public "confrontation" instead of a quick side convo.

What I got from it was that DeLa was hurt, not because she thought, "Hey, I'm so awesome, I won two challenges, why didn't you pick me?"  I got the sense that it was more from, "But I thought we were friends - maybe I was wrong.  Why wouldn't you pick me?"  And DeLa said at her viewing party that that's how she meant it - that they were friends, so she didn't understand Darienne's sudden bad attitude towards her.  She also said after Darienne snapped back at her like that, she said the room just went silent.  She said it was just like this heavy uncomfortable silence after Darienne said that - like, none of the other queens even made a peep.

Edited by Raspberry2012
  • Love 1
I hope Darienne was funnier in her reads and we just didn't see it, because from what was shown, I thought Bianca was the clear winner, with Joselyn (surprisingly) as a close second.

In the bonus footage of the Reading Challenge they show quite a few more of all the queens reads, save Laganja, and I think Darienne was the clear winner with Joslyn a close second. The folks at WoW are surely getting their money's worth from their editing team, as the editors made Darienne look quite a bit more bitter during the reads than I think she was on the whole. Beaucoup shade, while throwing beaucoup shade.

I loved this episode of Drag Race and Eve and. Trina were perfect judges. Trinity completely lacks confidence and I would not be surprised if she were the next to go. She just is not ready to be top tier. I wonder how she even made the cut, but then the same can be said for several of the girls this season.

Ru as a man in the video was great, he participated but still made it a forum for the contestants to shine.