Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

The photo posted above of Kinzie is an example of my frustration with the show.  I realize they focus on the girls who are struggling or who may be cut because that is better TV, but aside from one remark by Kelly, she was not mentioned at all in her rookie season.   When I was convalescing recently I watched some of the previous seasons and realized there was a girl I never knew existed from season 6, Alexandra Caroline (I think).  Samantha and Ashley N were given very little play in their seasons.....  Instead of all of the extra stuff they have thrown in (like boutique fashion shows), I'd love them to do little segments on the rookies who lurk in the shadows.  

...but that photo also highlights the reason for my girlcrush -- Kinzie is such an elegant dancer.  I wish I had that coordination (or those looks!) 30 years ago :-)

And Bigskygirl, please don't yell at me, but I just need to make one more comment related to last season...

They needed to make Melissa's solo the last of the day -- after last year, anyone who had to go next must have been ready to just drop the microphone (or poms) and walk out....  but I just had a chance to rewatch the episode on a larger screen and you can see Megan (the petite girl who got cut last year :-(  ) in the front row watching her. When Melissa touched her foot to her head, Megan is just in a state of shock shaking her head as if to say, "Oh hell no."  (But then gave Melissa a huge shout out of support when she was applauding her).

I had actually hoped Megan could drop a few pounds ala Vivian and come back. I liked her spirit :-)

(edited)

Someone mentioned up thread that Kelli wants a team of 36. Does anyone know why she has decided to not have a team of 40 the last couple of years? Is it really because they don't have enough lockers?

There hasn't been a team of 40 in the last couple of years. S7 had 37 DCCs emerge from TC if I'm not mistaken, and S8 TC ended with 38 DCCs. (One, however, was quickly ousted as Kaitlyn was dropped from performing.) And S9 had 36 DCCs. When was there 40? I know Kelli has said she'd love to have 40, but that's never happened at least during the making of DCC:MTT that I can remember, has it? Did there used to be 40 DCCs before they started making the show?

Edited by Kaedee

Instead of all of the extra stuff they have thrown in (like boutique fashion shows), I'd love them to do little segments on the rookies who lurk in the shadows.

Totally agree. After saying how amazing Melissa was in her solo routine, we really didn't get to see anything much of her, Lacey, Erica and barely Veronica at all during TC. I'd like to see more of the Vets too. Let's see Kinzie, Jinelle, Angelia, Danielle, more of the Vets during the TC period as well. After all, they made it back too.

• Love 1

Angela and Kelsy look huge in those photos. I doubt very much if either are, so why publish such unflattering shots? Sometimes, just the way your body moves and camera angles can be very unflattering, no matter how big or small a person is.

In relation to tattoos and covering them, concealer is not a good deal.  There is a great product that is available in department stores etc called dermablend which cover tats, spider veins, birthmarks, scars from burns etc.  The plus is that it is waterproof and you can swim with it.  In health care there is a need to cover tats and many have them on necks and arms.  Just a thought

(edited)

Angela and Kelsy look huge in those photos. I doubt very much if either are, so why publish such unflattering shots? Sometimes, just the way your body moves and camera angles can be very unflattering, no matter how big or small a person is.

I don't think either of them looks huge or bad in these photos. Angela has never been one of the teeny girls on the squad and has larger thighs. As for Kelsey, she just has a more square torso. I'm sure the photographers who take these photos are just paid to get action shots of each girl. You can only get so many action shots during a dance routine that don't turn out blurry, etc., so it's not like they can be super choosy.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Remember Jasmine also posted that pic that was (arguably) complaining about the cameras coming back...It was like a half joke. I think it was deleted. Wonder if that contributed at all.

I totally forgot about that, but I absolutely cringed when I saw it. That would definitely a reason to cut her. They absolutely do not like any sass or saltiness, even in jest, and especially from a borderline performer. I still hate to see her go.

Does anyone know?:   When Kelly calls the names to invite the women into TC, are they in the order in which they scored (highest to lowest)?  If so, based on the photo gallery link posted by bigskygirl (the 200+), Kinzie, Erica, and Lacey were among the last in?  That just doesn't make sense to me.

Now that would be interesting, especially if they're ranked in any way.

I didn't think Jasmine post about CMT doing season 10 was anything bad at first, but I saw one of the commenters on it was Courtni Shea, the red head who got cut after one year.  She had "oh nooooo" and it made me wonder if the girls actually dislike being followed so closely by the show and would rather not have cameras around?? who knows...it certainly helps make them 'famous' but I can see how it could make the process for stressful.  SHe didn't take the post down though so maybe she really just was being funny.  I will miss her.  I realized she was in like every video of the vets practicing so at least no one can say she didn't try to improve and stay on top of her game. 

I really think Angela planned on retiring this year and it was a last minute decision to reaudition.  I wonder if her old roomie/bff Chantal auditioning had anything to do with it lol  Like it's a dream for them to be on the squad together? 

And I have a feeling we will see a lot of Colby on the show if for no other reason than she is the fan vote and they'll assume we all want to follow every step of her progress.  I think she is a sweet girl, I'd really like to see her grow as a performer and be able to make the squad.  I think there is no doubt Kaleigh will.  She seems to have the style down well and from her solo pics...DANG.  

I really think Angela planned on retiring this year and it was a last minute decision to reaudition.  I wonder if her old roomie/bff Chantal auditioning had anything to do with it lol  Like it's a dream for them to be on the squad together? 

And I have a feeling we will see a lot of Colby on the show if for no other reason than she is the fan vote and they'll assume we all want to follow every step of her progress.  I think she is a sweet girl, I'd really like to see her grow as a performer and be able to make the squad.  I think there is no doubt Kaleigh will.  She seems to have the style down well and from her solo pics...DANG.

Maybe Angela wants to be the first Austrailian to be a DCC for 5 years.

• Love 1

TCC Demographics:

11 states represented

Plus Mexico (Karen)

12 girls from Texas

Other states: NC, MO, WA, IN, LA, KS, KY, UT, CA, WI

At least the class is geographically diverse!

Who's from Ky?

There hasn't been a team of 40 in the last couple of years. S7 had 37 DCCs emerge from TC if I'm not mistaken, and S8 TC ended with 38 DCCs. (One, however, was quickly ousted as Kaitlyn was dropped from performing.) And S9 had 36 DCCs. When was there 40? I know Kelli has said she'd love to have 40, but that's never happened at least during the making of DCC:MTT that I can remember, has it? Did there used to be 40 DCCs before they started making the show?

It's possible its just me remembering K&J talking about having a team of 40 (but they never did). I do see that they have come close. Thanks for the reminder.

Season 7 had 39 girls- because they had the imaginary crisis over 37 lockers

Thanks, I'm sure this is what I was remembering. Close to 40 but not quite.

Someone mentioned up thread that Kelli wants a team of 36. Does anyone know why she has decided to not have a team of 40 the last couple of years? Is it really because they don't have enough lockers?

I know other people have responded to this, but just thought I'd add -- 36 has pretty much always been the ideal number Kelli has wanted for the team all the way back to season one, so I'm sure that's just what has worked well for them with group sizes and formations. She has mentioned that they are not tied to that number, so if there's a year where they don't want to cut down that far they don't have to, but pretty much every year at first meeting she says they'll take 36 to the first game.

What year was it they had 38 or 39?I can't even remember now because having watched all the seasons lately, they all run together!

• Love 1

I know other people have responded to this, but just thought I'd add -- 36 has pretty much always been the ideal number Kelli has wanted for the team all the way back to season one, so I'm sure that's just what has worked well for them with group sizes and formations. She has mentioned that they are not tied to that number, so if there's a year where they don't want to cut down that far they don't have to, but pretty much every year at first meeting she says they'll take 36 to the first game.

What year was it they had 38 or 39?I can't even remember now because having watched all the seasons lately, they all run together!

I'm not sure but was it the season that Danielle and Jasmine made the squad?

(edited)

I'm not sure but was it the season that Danielle and Jasmine made the squad?

I was thinking it was the year of Morgan and Kaitlyn Larae. I think that's the same year that Danielle and Jasmine made the squad.

Edited by Oranaiche

OMG, why did they take down all of the past DCC squads from the website??? So annoying!  Or is it just me and I don't see them?

I was thinking it was the year of Morgan and Kaitlyn Larae. I think that's the same year that Danielle and Jasmine made the squad.

No, Morgan made it the team with Hannah, Paige, Ashley N etc. So they are 3rd years and Danielle is a 4th year.

OMG, why did they take down all of the past DCC squads from the website??? So annoying! Or is it just me and I don't see them?

Nope, they did. I hate it too. I've been checking names on Wikepedia. Just look up the Wikepedia for MTT and there's a list of squad members for each season.

• Love 1

Season 7 had 39

• Love 1
(edited)

Considering Kelli has always said the squad would be 36 members, during the course of DCC:MTT the end count has rarely been 36! LOL

Season 1 = 35 DCCs

Season 2 = 38 DCCs

Season 3 = 36 DCCs

Season 4 = 35 DCCs

Season 5 = 34 DCCs

Season 6 = 33 DCCs

Season 7 = 39 DCCs

Season 8 = 38 DCCs (39 if you discount Kaitlyn LaRae. Since she was out so soon, the team for the year was 38.)

Season 9 = 36 DCCs

Maybe this year will be Kelli's 40 member squad. :)

Edited by Kaedee

Wasn't the year they went up to 39 a year with several vets injured at the offset ? Could that have been a factor with going so high ? It was Chelsea's year to join I think ... And Cassie and Nicole had early season injuries maybe? Getting old sucks. I miss my memory.

• Love 1

Cassie was injured before S7 began, but was fairly set by early season games. And I thought it was Holly or Emma who got injured. It was a blond from Show Group. I can't remember....  But anyway, for the majority of the season I think they all performed.

Cassie was injured before S7 began, but was fairly set by early season games. And I thought it was Holly or Emma who got injured. It was a blond from Show Group. I can't remember....  But anyway, for the majority of the season I think they all performed.

Lauren Williams.  She was bawling in her ITM.  And Cassie had to fill in for her so she made some "witty" comments about it in her ITM.

(edited)

I think there were more. I have the lists on my computer at work, so I will check tomorrow.

There were 34. Meagan McVay is left off of the veteran roster for the 2011-2012 squad on Wikipedia.

ETA: I signed up to Wikipedia just so I could add Meagan's name so it should be there now!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

This woman didn't make it into TC, did she?  http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2015/05/13/dcc-auditions-final-round-part-2#277141 I'm curious to see if we find out why.  Did she think Tom Brady was a Cowboy or something?  She's pretty, totally fit, and has great flexibility and technique, and as people have been noting here, there is a need to increase the diversity of the squad, which has decreased the past couple years.  I count 5 women of color in the rookie class.

Wow.  She's in TC, right?

http://blitzweekly.com/gallery-2/nggallery/gallery/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-auditions-050915/image/050915-dcc-auditions-bw-17-jpg/

I kind of wonder what is happening here--It looks technically proficient, yet a little strange...

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2015/05/13/dcc-auditions-final-round-part-2#277361

That last one is an awkward catch of Kat's face for sure, but it just looks like she incorporated rhythmic gymnastics into her solo, probably to showcase flexibility. Her fan vote video was one of my top three favorites. She's a gorgeous dancer.

Love Kat Rodgers...I am really rooting for her to make the squad! She seems sweet and humble but an amazing dancer!! Kaleigh is also a top pic of mine.  My only fear is they will think she is too old??  I mean, DANG....

https://instagram.com/p/2jgb1Lo0Uq/?taken-by=kaleighwalkeryoga

Maybe her maturity will be in her favor with a younger group??

And agree with you, M1977G...the girl in your first link looks amazing! It makes me SO curious what happened on the field and in interviews.  Maybe she forgot her own name?? lol

• Love 1

It looks like Kaleigh graduated from college in 2005...I graduated in 2007 from college and will be 30 next month.  So I'm guessing she's 31 or 32 maybe? I'd hope that they'd value ability more lol ...and I mean, she looks amazing and she doesn't look old. 

Does anyone know if Sheridan Donevant auditioned? She is one of the models from Brooke and Arrow and mentioned in her bio she wanted to attend college at TCU starting fall 2015. Maybe she's waiting a year or two or wasnt 18 in time for this year.

Lauren Williams.  She was bawling in her ITM.  And Cassie had to fill in for her so she made some "witty" comments about it in her ITM.

Cassie acted like she was some sort of super hero for saving the performance - blech! 

(edited)

I'm thinking it was Lauren Williams

Edited by DCCFAN71

Does anyone know if Sheridan Donevant auditioned? She is one of the models from Brooke and Arrow and mentioned in her bio she wanted to attend college at TCU starting fall 2015. Maybe she's waiting a year or two or wasnt 18 in time for this year.

No she went to TCU and she became a TCU showgirl  i think she would wanna do it after collage

I feel like I saw on their audition guidelines that props are discouraged or even not allowed...maybe Im' just thinking of chairs.  I am almost positive they outlawed those recently. Maybe after Danielle's accident!

• Love 1

I always wondered about the girls who are current members of other teams  and make it to DCC training camp. Are they no longer considered a member of that squad or do they still fulfill their duties with it? For example, are Rose and Stephanie still considered Ice Angels  or are they done because they're now in TC?