Type keyword(s) to search

2015 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

What's terrible about that clip is that EVERYONE noticed those 2 seconds she was onscreen and how terrified/lost/uninterested she looks..and if WE saw it and remembered it, I'm SURE K/J did as well.

• Love 1

Oh wow, she looks lifeless in that clip. She doesn't even manage a smile. If that's indicative of her season, then it makes sense that she got cut, even disregarding any possible weight gain. 

They were on Breelan about her facial expressions from day 1. You would think after making the squad she would have settled into her role and gotten more comfortable with the routines and worked on her expressions. Doesn't look like she was able to do that. But she seems to have moved on gracefully and that says a lot about her character.

(edited)

I think everyone can agree that the main probable reasons Ashley and Breelan were cut were; Ashley wasn't a dancer. She was a gymnast and a cheerleader. She only started taking dance in the couple years before she made it to TC for the 1st time. Learning the 40 or 50 different dances for the games in addition to the Halloween and Christmas dances was probably just too much, though I'd hope she'd be kept for her tumbling. For Breelan, she does look like she's gained some weight, and her expressions were still "oops!" and scared. She got warned on that continuously during TC.

I guess the one that confuses me the most is Jasmine. She was clunky during TC in S7, was called into the office repeatedly for that. Yet they brought her onto the team not once, not twice, but three times! What was different about this season that they would cut her? Were all the finalists so amazingly good that keeping one 4 year Vet was a problem? No, she wasn't the best dancer, but she got the job done for 3 years. So why this year? Guess we'll only get some glimpse into our speculations in September with MTT S10 airs.

Edited by Kaedee

Jackie looks rely upset too.

I wonder if once cuts are over, that is just it. After 2 or 3 years, do Kelli or Judy call any of these girls a few days later to touch base? Especially in the cases of these girls who relocate -- I imagine it begins like a surrogate family for them, including Kelli and Judy.

(edited)

Jackie looks rely upset too.

I wonder if once cuts are over, that is just it. After 2 or 3 years, do Kelli or Judy call any of these girls a few days later to touch base? Especially in the cases of these girls who relocate -- I imagine it begins like a surrogate family for them, including Kelli and Judy.

Who's Jackie? Did you mean Jacie?

I also wonder about that. One Vet, I think it was Collin, said she didn't know what to do now - should she stay in Dallas or move back to SC.  I think that would be a big decision.

I imagine Kelli would need the Vets who didn't make it back to sign their exit paperwork. Most companies do that, but I don't know if the DCC organization does that. These girls were paid, but who knows. I wonder if Jasmine is going to stay in Dallas, go to CA or back to NY. She obviously has a job, an apartment and a life in Dallas.  

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

Who's Jackie? Did you mean Jacie?

I also wonder about that. One Vet, I think it was Collin, said she didn't know what to do now - should she stay in Dallas or move back to SC.  I think that would be a big decision.

I imagine Kelli would need the Vets who didn't make it back to sign their exit paperwork. Most companies do that, but I don't know if the DCC organization does that. These girls were paid, but who knows. I wonder if Jasmine is going to stay in Dallas, go to CA or back to NY. She obviously has a job, an apartment and a life in Dallas.

I believe they sign a contract that ends before auditions. The Vets have to turn their uniforms in. So if they are not selected again, that's it.

The more I think about it with Jasmine, I really wonder if it had to do with that issue with the football player...if they are making an example out of her and her dancing is just another push off the boat.  I could seriously see them in interviews asking the girl next to Jasmine what she would do if a Cowboys player asked her to hang out...and then like, don't you agree, Jasmine?  

Total speculation but I just feel like there has to be more.  I just hope they let her leave in dignity and don't show clips of her at auditions like "all the vets are so strong this year! we can't wait to be back on the team!" etc like they show with girls who get cut right after. :( 

I think Jasmine was trying her hardest. I just think her hardest may not have been good enough.

I agree. She's a lovely girl, but just not quite good enough for this year.

Breelan's Instagram post

http://instagram.com/p/2gTZUaBu5p/

I am happily surprised that she's showing enough poise and maturity to cut her loss and bow out gracefully. I really liked her personality and her look. She was just different enough and just a little bit raw, and not quite robotic or sickingly sweet. Sounds like she was mentally prepared to be cut, and handled it well. Good for her.

Who knows, maybe they flat out told her that before auditions.

I doubt if we'll ever see the full truth on air, but they do 'advise' some girls to really consider re-auditioning. Kandi Harris comes to mind (weight). I think they only advise if they really, really, really, really like a girl and want to spare the embarrassment of a cut. Girls who are just so-so aren't advised, and of course, some will risk it anyway and hope to slide through.

Remember the whole "Is that Jasmine in that Instgram with Sterling Moore" thing? Wonder if that played into it at all.

I could totally see someone like Charlotte taking a hard line on that.

If it was a factor, then they should've also factored in Holly's leaked cloud photos, IMO. I am actually amazed that a bigger deal wasn't made of that.

Melissa

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/597101391463653376

..phenomenal as usual.

Melissa is the last solo of the day. Guess there's no Jennifer Alexis.

She's a good dancer, but this looks like a Dance Mom's string of tricks.

Great legs, but another Dance Moms string of tricks.

Dance Moms again.

Love Loren's solo from what you get so see!

So many vets don't seem to have any power in their routines this year...

Because show groups auditions are separate, I don't understand why more routines aren't like Loren's, Jenna's, or Danielle's - more DCC/pom style than flowing lyrical tricks with some hip thrusts in between. So many of these look like Mia's choreography (lots of moving on the diagonal, bellydance side hip thrusts, bending at the waist in a circle and that Mick Jagger Chicken move of standing cross legged and chest popping with hands on the hips). I'm glad they're updating some moves that should've been left in the 90s, but all the new ones look exactly the same, too.

The more I think about it with Jasmine, I really wonder if it had to do with that issue with the football player...if they are making an example out of her and her dancing is just another push off the boat.  I could seriously see them in interviews asking the girl next to Jasmine what she would do if a Cowboys player asked her to hang out...and then like, don't you agree, Jasmine?  

Total speculation but I just feel like there has to be more.  I just hope they let her leave in dignity and don't show clips of her at auditions like "all the vets are so strong this year! we can't wait to be back on the team!" etc like they show with girls who get cut right after. :( 

I liked Jasmine, but she wasn't one of the strongest dancers, so besides mediocre dancing, strong rookie candidates, the fraternizing may have been just enough of an excuse to cut her, and I'm sure that is entertaining for the show. If they don't dislike her, but really don't "love" her either, then she's pretty much at risk for being cut.

I also like Danielle, and think she's one of the prettiest girls there, but for some reason, Kelli seems to absolutely love her. Maybe it's the "exotic" NJ factor, plus she cheered for another team, so she stays. 

(edited)

Can we post links about TCCs here?

Idk if they'd want to tarnish their perfect DCC image by announcing that someone hung out with a player (if that is in fact what happened).

Edited by Elizabeth9

She's a good dancer, but this looks like a Dance Mom's string of tricks.

Great legs, but another Dance Moms string of tricks.

Dance Moms again.

Lyrical/contemporary dance has been around a lot longer than Dance Moms, but if everything in that style is going to be referred to as a Dance Moms rip off, well, I wish I could do that Dance Moms stuff myself.

Just saying Kelli has always said that finals solos are the time for each candidate to show off what they are best at. Melissa and Lacey clearly excel at that style, and personally I wish MORE of the solos were like that. It takes more skill imo than what Loren or Danielle did (not that I am knocking them because I like them both). Just because they'll do similar things for SG auditions doesn't mean they can't showcase their lyrical prowess at finals.

• Love 1

I too was surprised about the Holly picture thing. In a way, I was impressed because Holly's privacy was truly violated and those were supposedly on her cloud, not public.

I was just surprised Kelli and Judy even thought more about it than "nude pics equals dumped".

• Love 1

Lyrical/contemporary dance has been around a lot longer than Dance Moms, but if everything in that style is going to be referred to as a Dance Moms rip off, well, I wish I could do that Dance Moms stuff myself.

Oh it definitely predates Dance Moms, but what I mean by Dance Moms lyrical is a few tricks strung together (split turns, fouette sequences, pirouettes that then fall to the ground, running backwards, etc) without great transitions and without a lot of musicality. When it's good, it's good, but when it's clunky, it shows. IMO, it showed with these solos.

(edited)

If Holly's cloud was in fact hacked, private photos and videos that she took for her husband being leaked can't really be treated the same as a cheerleader breaking fraternization rules. I'm still curious about that whole thing and if it was really Jasmine, but I doubt we will ever know. I don't think either of the incidents will be addressed on MTT.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Remember Carla got cut because her ex BF sent Kelli nude pics of her? Carla took those for her significant other as well, and they were never meant to surface to the public, like Holly's.

But they really value Holly and nothing she could do would get her kicked off the team, in my opinion.

I love Holly, and obviously K&J do as well. She has the all around girl next door look, she's well spoken, a great dancer, has a perfect figure and face. She is a great ambassador for the team. She could have an affair with Kelli's husband and Kelli would still have get as point girl lol

• Love 1

Well, I think there is a difference when you are talking about stolen private property. And in Kelli's and Judy's minds maybe even moreso because it was for her husband as opposed to something else.

But yes, I would imagine that at the root of it the more a girl is valued, the more leniency there is.

Do not bring up Holly's pictures leak from last year. This is a criminal case, and her rights were violated. I am sure there are other places to discuss the matter. Any posts from now on talking about her pictures will be deleted and warnings may be given out. Also, please do not post about why this discussion will not be allowed. Any concerns or questions, send a PM to me instead of bringing it up on the forum.

Love Holly!! I wish she was featured more on the show...I feel like the most we ever saw her was in season 8 or 9 where she was helping her friend from a previous cheer team practice.  I was like, Oh, I like this girl, who is she? LOL  I could watch her dance all day!

Saw that Jasmine has been posting a couple things to instagram, nothing DCC related, but she looks happy in her latest pic.  Hopefully the shock is over and she can get excited about the next chapter in her life!

Also was really impressed by Breelan's post, about feeling grateful for her experience and moving on to new things now.  Showed a lot of maturity. 

So now the girls get a couple of weeks till training camp starts?

• Love 1

I'm really sad about Jasmine being cut. Honestly, I liked Ashley and Breelan but I'm really not shocked that they were cut. From what little bit I learned from social media, and MTT they were the strugglers from the beginning. Honestly, they were lucky to get one year. I think timing has a lot to do with who makes the cut. Like I said a few pages ago, if there were several rock stars at finals then Breelan and Ashley were not going to make the cut.

As far as Caila, I saw that 15 second audition video and it was great, so good for her.

Why are the judges trying to kill the Black Girls Club? You can't tell me all the AA girls sucked except one (not counting Jacie)?!

FYI, Jenna is part of the BGs club too.

So, all of this is new to me. Are we sure that they just didn't happen to be at the same bar at the same time, and not on a date. I run into people I know often especially at the more popular places.

Does anyone know where I can read about this?

Love Holly!! I wish she was featured more on the show...I feel like the most we ever saw her was in season 8 or 9 where she was helping her friend from a previous cheer team practice.  I was like, Oh, I like this girl, who is she? LOL  I could watch her dance all day!

Saw that Jasmine has been posting a couple things to instagram, nothing DCC related, but she looks happy in her latest pic.  Hopefully the shock is over and she can get excited about the next chapter in her life!

Also was really impressed by Breelan's post, about feeling grateful for her experience and moving on to new things now.  Showed a lot of maturity. 

So now the girls get a couple of weeks till training camp starts?

I totally agree. AshleyP seems really quiet about the entire thing. Has anyone seen a post from her since she got cut?

Yeah, I keep checking Ashley's insta and she hasn't updated for days.  Granted, she didn't post a lot during auditions though either, like a lot of the other girls did.  She isn't super active on social media, period.  She is probably trying to figure out if she wants to move back home :-/ 

Trying to read up on the new girls coming in!  So far I will be anxious to see what happens with Madeline (the Utah girl, I believe), Holly, Kaleigh (yoga girl) and Chantal.  And the sole AA rookie.  Really hoping she's a rockstar because I'd really like to see more diversity on the squad.

(edited)

Jasmine never should've made the team in the first place

We all know that there are several past DCC that should of never made the team based on dance but they were full of personality and they didn't get cut, they retired. Most of which seem like great ladies like Jasmine, for instance Jordan Chanley and Natalie. I know there are more but I'm really drawing a blank at the moment.

As much as I liked Jasmine. I must admit that every year I would think to myself,  I wonder if this is the year she will get cut?

Edited by DCCFAN71

thanks for posting links to pictures! Poor Ashley Pro's face in 206...I think she knew then :( 

Props to Jasmine for not falling apart! She looked sad in 212 but really OK in 215. I think Breelan and Ashley P are going to be a mess in their goodbyes, they both looked so upset.  I wonder if Jasmine kind of expected it every year too? I'm glad that she seems to have a great relationship with her bf. Maybe she will move closer to him and start a new chapter there.

And 227 breaks my heart!! Is that Judy facing Danielle?

• Love 1

This is part 2

http://www.dfw.com/2015/05/11/994593/pics-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader.html#loaded

look at pic 227 danielle is really broken up about jasmine getting cut

Wow, that's heartbreaking. I noticed on picture 212 the look on Ashley and Jasmine's faces when they realize their names will not be called. I'm sure they were upset.

thanks for posting links to pictures! Poor Ashley Pro's face in 206...I think she knew then :( 

Props to Jasmine for not falling apart! She looked sad in 212 but really OK in 215. I think Breelan and Ashley P are going to be a mess in their goodbyes, they both looked so upset.  I wonder if Jasmine kind of expected it every year too? I'm glad that she seems to have a great relationship with her bf. Maybe she will move closer to him and start a new chapter there.

And 227 breaks my heart!! Is that Judy facing Danielle?

We were posting some of the same comments at the same time. lol. No, I don't think that's Judy, her hair is too short and Judy didn't have on black, well from the pictures she didn't.

They took so many pictures of Chantal on the field! I wonder if she is one who will get a lot of time this season...she is SO freakin' cute. 

You can never be sure about kicks in those pics, depending on timing, but Ashley Pro's looked low :(  Maybe another factor.

And on the opposite spectrum of people who gain weight, I personally think Ashley Nicole looked a little TOO thin.  Jinelle is thin too but Ashley N looked almost skeletal to me.  I know she has always been skinny but I was a little taken aback.

Still not over the cuts... I don't think I've ever rooted for anyone as much as Ashley P. Amazing how 'hurt' I am about her being cut lol.

I think every year I wondered wether Jasmine or Danielle would be cut, both of them always seemed to be kept more for their personality than for their dancing and while I really liked both of them, they always seemed to be in danger of being cut somehow...

It must be hard for those girls cut to get up in front of a camera right away, they're still in disbelief, sad, angry, I'm not sure I would know the right thing to say.

There were so many girls reauditioning, it kind of felt like you knew most of them and it's exciting to follow those who made in in Training Camp and also those you haven't seen before. It'll definitively be an interesting season!

Courtney gave up so much to become a DCC, I don't feel like missing her family and friends would be enough of a reason to quit... Or her weight. But then again we probably won't ever really find out why she decided to quit...