Type keyword(s) to search

Well, It Says Right Here...: All That's Wrong With Grimm

Actionmage

by sleeping (raping if you like) with Nick

It's not about like or don't like. What Adalind did was a textbook rape: non-consensual sex. Nick would not have had sex with Adalind willingly and thought he was with his preferred sex partner. That is rape.

The fact that the writers don't feel like addressing it is problematic. It goes to how they refuse to have a cop, who would understand the implications, and a lawyer, who would also know the implications, not address the situation.  Adalind, as an antagonist, could use her lawyer stance and taunt Nick with a "Prove it!" Only to find out months later, she is bearing all the proof he needs.  Talk about a plot time bomb! 

It also goes to how crappily they have written for the women, even though Bree Turner tends to spin the most gold.

Not addressing Nick's rape as rape goes to how dependent they are on tropes and how unable they are to dig a little deeper for commentary on Nick's situation (it's been 30 years since The Rape of Richard Beck and males being raped was given TV treatment) or  to respect their audience and their intelligence.

Then again, these are the folks who have seemingly torched this show's back half, so maybe it is better if they don't attempt to deal with the subject. Too bad they "resorted" to that as a plot device.

• Love 4

I think the writers of Grimm and Once Upon a Time either bought the same wheel o'plot or went to the same writing school, because the two shows are overlapping in my mind. We have the usual tropes (the unwelcome pregnancy, the unwilling or unconscious sperm producer, the threatened death of a main character, the transformation of a good character into an evil one) but they have also given their supposedly smart characters stupid pills.

Add in Sleepy Hollow this season to the pile as well, but that seems to be getting a reboot, so hopefully somehow this is somewhat similar to that.

I see one huge difference between when Nick depowered Adalind and when she did it to him. Adalind knew that it was possible she could lose her powers Nick didn't. I'm sure that if he had known Nick would have taken steps to protect himself. IMO Adalind used a magical date rape drug on Nick.

I hope so.  What the writers should do, and won't, is to go back to the characters and create stories that grow from those characters, instead of saying, "oh, well, it's magic so we don't need logic or character development or intelligence).  Now some actors, somehow manage to rise above the material to some degree but they really need better material to begin with.

It is no comfort to me that in one scene the dull Royals seem to be preparing for some kind of massive shoot out with the help of the blood thirsty Juliette -- did she really go to the shop by herself or was there serious back up from Kenneth, et al.?  I hate series that end a season with blood baths just because producers / directors and/or writers want to weed out characters.  They pretend it will create suspense as to who survives and who doesn't, but it's really just another clumsy cliche.  Be better than that, writers. 

I'm not saying that's what happens. I've not a clue.  It just looked like a possibility.

I just never cared about the Royals, they've always been vague and it doesn't help that they haven't interacted with the main characters at all for 4 seasons which made them very disconnected with the rest of the series (they might in the next 2 episodes), but still there's no built up tension that should be there.  The same with Juliette suddenly turning evil like an on/off switch without any sign of struggle or remorse.  No, she just whines and blames everyone before she suddenly goes full evil villain, again, a lack of build up.

• Love 1

Apparently, the writers get to work on Monday for season 5.   I have a feeling that at least the first half of the season will be a mess as they try to clean everything up.

• Love 1

Apparently, the writers get to work on Monday for season 5.   I have a feeling that at least the first half of the season will be a mess as they try to clean everything up.

That seems to be their MO with major storyline: Nick becoming a zombie, Nick losing his powers, Adalind getting her powers back and having her baby, Juliette's amnesia storyline, Juliette turning into an evil hexenbiest, etc.

Apparently, the writers get to work on Monday for season 5. I have a feeling that at least the first half of the season will be a mess as they try to clean everything up.

But they don't NEED to spend the first half of the next season cleaning up season 4's mess. That will only kill the season's rating even further.

I'm assuming HexenJuliette will still be around at the end of this season since they have been making absolutely zero progress with the arc, so just kill off Juliette or cure her in the first episode of season 5 and move on already. Stop dragging things out, and get on with it already. The writers MUST be noticing all the negative reaction this terrible Hexenbiest arc has been getting from fans, just look at the fading ratings.

What have they accomplished in four seasons?  Wu getting clued in?

They also finally explained how Wesens knew that Nick was a Grimm (it was in his eyes) but it took them like 3 1/2 seasons to explain this little fact. 

• Love 2

They also finally explained how Wesens knew that Nick was a Grimm (it was in his eyes) but it took them like 3 1/2 seasons to explain this little fact. 

It should not take them that many seasons to answer something that should've happened when he was learning how to be a better Grimm at the start of the series.

• Love 1
(edited)

It should not take them that many seasons to answer something that should've happened when he was learning how to be a better Grimm at the start of the series.

In my opinion, something like that should've been answered sometime in Season One. I get that they are making things up, on the fly, but they should at least come up with an explanation as to why the Wesens just know Nick is a Grimm by Season One (it would have made watching and understanding the whole show easier as a viewer). 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 2

In my opinion, something like that should've been answered sometime in Season One. I get that they are making things up, on the fly, but they should at least come up with an explanation as to why the Wesens just know Nick is a Grimm by Season One (it would have made watching and understanding the whole show easier as a viewer). 

Exactly, these are answers that shouldn't have taken them this many season to answer, it's ridiculous.  it's one thing to make things up on the fly, but to drag these little things out for seasons is not the way to go.

• Love 1

But they don't NEED to spend the first half of the next season cleaning up season 4's mess. That will only kill the season's rating even further.

Exactly! A couple of episodes, depending on S4's finale, and then onto (hopefully) tying up long-time loose ends. Maybe touch on Monroe's PTSD another time. ( It got me so angry again that the tribunal took his comfort and job away from him with their self-important blather!) Also? Where is Juliette's friend, Pilar? She seemed to be  of a different  tradition of witchery, but Juliette's paradigm shift should have been noticed by Pilar, I would think.

Maybe return to the Mellifers, the bees. A return appearance of Holly Clark (S1E7, "Let Down Your Hair") could be a great Hank/Monroe episode, especially as both probably feel a connection to Ms. Clark. Maybe Frank Rabe  (Currie Graham) and DA Castro (Lisa Vidal) can have a case that they are clashing over, but Rabe knows a wesen is involved but is actually innocent and asks Nick and Hank to recheck the facts and see if they can help.

Depending on how many folks come back for S5, there may not be a S6 to work a reboot on. I am thisclose to bailing over the summer.

• Love 2
Depending on how many folks come back for S5, there may not be a S6 to work a reboot on. I am thisclose to bailing over the summer.

Same here depending on how the season ends for me.  It might end next season because of its struggling ratings and depending how things pan next season as well.

Same here depending on how the season ends for me.  It might end next season because of its struggling ratings and depending how things pan next season as well.

After they burned the Trailer down, I am not going to be watching this show live and IF they still want to drag this melodrama of the crapfest that this story line has turned into (Juliette being a hexenbiest and Renard now possess by Jack the Ripper) I am probably going to be dropping this show as well. I might come back if NBC announced any plans to cancel it, just so I can feel like I completed it. 

• Love 2

After they burned the Trailer down, I am not going to be watching this show live and IF they still want to drag this melodrama of the crapfest that this story line has turned into (Juliette being a hexenbiest and Renard now possess by Jack the Ripper) I am probably going to be dropping this show as well. I might come back if NBC announced any plans to cancel it, just so I can feel like I completed it. 

I honestly hope the show does end next season, especially if they do drag it out.  Even the ratings have been struggling since this storyline began.

• Love 1

I honestly hope the show does end next season, especially if they do drag it out.  Even the ratings have been struggling since this storyline began.

The reason why I am not going to be live watching the rest of this season is because it feels like a totally different show than the one that I loved to watch in the past. 

• Love 2

Why did the writers think it was a great idea to give Juliette even MORE screentime and make her even MORE unlikeable? Do they just ignore how unpopular she has ALWAYS been with a majority of fans? The ratings were always going to take a dive, especially with them dragging out HexenJuliette for so long. I am quite stunned.

• Love 4

Why did the writers think it was a great idea to give Juliette even MORE screentime and make her even MORE unlikeable? Do they just ignore how unpopular she has ALWAYS been with a majority of fans? The ratings were always going to take a dive, especially with them dragging out HexenJuliette for so long. I am quite stunned.

Exactly, this reeks of desperation of a last ditch effort to give her something to do.  It's no wonder the ratings are struggling with them focusing on the worst aspects of the show.

• Love 1

Exactly, this reeks of desperation of a last ditch effort to give her something to do.  It's no wonder the ratings are struggling with them focusing on the worst aspects of the show.

I can't figure out why the thought burning down the Trailer was a good idea. I have to admit, at first I thought that Juliette was kind of a badass, once she got her powers, but now that all she does is whines about how the Scobby Gang + Adalind is responsible for powers, she now wants to keep, is annoying. 

• Love 3

I can't figure out why the thought burning down the Trailer was a good idea. I have to admit, at first I thought that Juliette was kind of a badass, once she got her powers, but now that all she does is whines about how the Scobby Gang + Adalind is responsible for powers, she now wants to keep, is annoying. 

The writers are trying to have it both ways: she's supposed to be both unrepetent and loves her new powers and basically selling them all out to the Royals, but she's also supposed to whine and blame Nick and the gang for everything despite the fact that they've been bending over backwards trying to support and help her.

I would sort of love it if she was squatting in Katherine's  house. 'This was your grandmother. She was a decent fighter. I was better.'

Moreover, there might be mementos or whatever of Hexenrine.  "This is part of who you are" Kelly tells Diana "It does not define or limit you."

• Love 1

The worst part of giving Juliette a "meatier" storyline is that I did not tune in to watch a show about the quietly supportive girlfriend getting her witch on.   I tuned into a show called Grimm, about this nice guy who discovers he has this strange ability and how he comes to grips with that while still being a nice guy.   Nope, instead we get Juliette learning how to be a witch in every sense of the word.   Either go back to NICK's story or change the name of the show so I know I can tune out.

Although I will say part of the reason for the drop in ratings is not this storyline alone.   This show is not right for 8 p.m.   It's just not.   But having a side character take over the show is not helping the slide at all.

• Love 1

Although I will say part of the reason for the drop in ratings is not this storyline alone.   This show is not right for 8 p.m.   It's just not.   But having a side character take over the show is not helping the slide at all.

This is true and unfortunate.  I think it is inevitable when shows move that they lose viewers--best case, they only lose a few.  Grimm seems to have lost many more than that--and I'm sure there are a few who left because of the time change.  The bad part is that Grimm had nothing to do with that--it was all the network.

I'm hoping that it goes back to 9pm (or later) next season, but we'll see.  We'll also see if viewers come back....

I recently stopped watching Person of Interest because they've strayed so far from what drew me in (and Amy Acker). I really hope the writing picks up, because I used to love this show so much.

The worst part of giving Juliette a "meatier" storyline is that I did not tune in to watch a show about the quietly supportive girlfriend getting her witch on.   I tuned into a show called Grimm, about this nice guy who discovers he has this strange ability and how he comes to grips with that while still being a nice guy.   Nope, instead we get Juliette learning how to be a witch in every sense of the word.   Either go back to NICK's story or change the name of the show so I know I can tune out.

Exactly, we're here for Grimm, not Juliette's never ending problems.

(edited)

Is poor Hank every going to get a storyline focused on him? He was one of the characters I enjoyed watching on this show and it sucks that he has been terribly sidelined this season. Wu got the story about finding out, Nick had his being degrimmed story, Monroe/Rosalee had the whole Wesenrein thing, Renard has some mysterious shit happening to him after being brough back from the dead, Adalind was off doing her usual nonsense with the Royals and Juliette has all the awful hexenbeist crap. Meanwhile Hank gets to be the black, buddy cop partner who gets to listen to Nick whine and have lines of dialogue propping up super special snowflake Juliette.

Not even sure why Russel Hornsby is credited second if this is all he gets to do. He is ten times the actor that Bitsie Tulloch is and some of the Hank episodes in the early seasons were my favorites. It would have been interesting to explore Hank's relationship with that Wesen physiotherapist. But no, we get only two episodes of that before Hank is single again. He is gold with all the comedy too and works well with all the characters. Maybe he is the one who gets killed off this season as he really has not had much to do and Hornsby wants to move onto something better.

Edited by anamika
  • Love 2

Is poor Hank every going to get a storyline focused on him? He was one of the characters I enjoyed watching on this show and it sucks that he has been terribly sidelined this season. Wu got the story about finding out, Nick had his being degrimmed story, Monroe/Rosalee had the whole Wesenrein thing, Renard has some mysterious shit happening to him after being brough back from the dead, Adalind was off doing her usual nonsense with the Royals and Juliette has all the awful hexenbeist crap. Meanwhile Hank gets to be the black, buddy cop partner who gets to listen to Nick whine and have lines of dialogue propping up super special snowflake Juliette.

Not even sure why Russel Hornsby is credited second if this is all he gets to do. He is ten times the actor that Bitsie Tulloch is and some of the Hank episodes in the early seasons were my favorites. It would have been interesting to explore Hank's relationship with that Wesen physiotherapist. But no, we get only two episodes of that before Hank is single again. He is gold with all the comedy too and works well with all the characters. Maybe he is the one who gets killed off this season as he really has not had much to do and Hornsby wants to move onto something better.

I think he was supposed to get a minor subplot with a new love interest but for some reason that never panned out or something changed in the writing.

What I don't understand is why they seem to think that setting all stakes to "MAXIMUM" at once makes for good story telling. Some things the last episode implied simply cannot happen unless Silas Weir Mitchell wanted off the show and Bree Turner as well. Because there is no coming back from Juliette having Nick kill or even just severely injure Monroe. Not with the Rosalee we have seen so far. At the same time, were someone to resolve the situation by killing Juliette (a girl can dream), that would be something Nick could not forgive or it would take him a long, long time at least because he still seems to be in denial regarding how advanced Juliette's transformation into something irredeemably awful already is. So unless they are breaking up Team Grimm for good, neither of this can happen and therefore this "shocking twist" is very, very cheap because it is telegraphing "fakeout". 

Maybe ending Team Grimm as we know it is their plan, but that would strip the show of the one thing that kept it at least partially watchable. The unlikely alliance between Grimm, Wesen and some ordinary humans in the know and the strong bonds that are formed during this alliance. Why jeopardise this of all things?

I am, of course, not a professional writer, but I would use the development of story telling in the show as a cautionary tale in seminars. It is that bad.

• Love 2

What I don't understand is why they seem to think that setting all stakes to "MAXIMUM" at once makes for good story telling. Some things the last episode implied simply cannot happen unless Silas Weir Mitchell wanted off the show and Bree Turner as well. Because there is no coming back from Juliette having Nick kill or even just severely injure Monroe. Not with the Rosalee we have seen so far. At the same time, were someone to resolve the situation by killing Juliette (a girl can dream), that would be something Nick could not forgive or it would take him a long, long time at least because he still seems to be in denial regarding how advanced Juliette's transformation into something irredeemably awful already is. So unless they are breaking up Team Grimm for good, neither of this can happen and therefore this "shocking twist" is very, very cheap because it is telegraphing "fakeout". 

Maybe ending Team Grimm as we know it is their plan, but that would strip the show of the one thing that kept it at least partially watchable. The unlikely alliance between Grimm, Wesen and some ordinary humans in the know and the strong bonds that are formed during this alliance. Why jeopardise this of all things?

I am, of course, not a professional writer, but I would use the development of story telling in the show as a cautionary tale in seminars. It is that bad.

If it is a fakeout, it would be terrible either way.  They cornered themselves with this terrible storyline either way and this really would be the last straw for many people for Juliette's character, they destroyed the trailer for this drama.

• Love 2
(edited)

If it is a fakeout, it would be terrible either way.  They cornered themselves with this terrible storyline either way and this really would be the last straw for many people for Juliette's character, they destroyed the trailer for this drama.

For me, the last straw for Juliette was when she burned the trailer down a few episodes back. I think that it was well established that she had crossed a line that would've been impossible to cross back from later on. 

On another note, I do think that they are trying to set up Juliette as the villain (or a major villain) for the next season. That is all I can figure out from this storyline, that the writers want Juliette to become a bad guy. As with the Renard story, well I do hope that he isn't Jack the Ripper, but it's so obvious that he is, I can't help but think that maybe they will end up killing him off from the show (which according to one of the few surviving books, Nick has, stated was the only way to get rid of this sort of thing). 

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1
(edited)

About the reboot, it would not be difficult to get the Royals out of the way: they could get Diana and just leave. We know Kelly will be back and characters will die; killing Nick's mother and having the Royals win by taking Special Snowflake Baby 1.0 would be one way to shift tones - it would also be in line with Nick losing first Juliette, then the trailer as a "rock bottom" moment. Adalind and Special Snowflake Baby 2.0 can leave with the Royals and Diana.

That would be a change, and it would leave less mess to clear up in season 5. Mess like Renard's storyline and anything Juliette... which are the only other arcs at this point. Is there anything worth watching on Grimm at this point except the WotW stuff? I don't watch procedurals without a story arc that interests me, so I'm pretty much done with this show.

Edited by Crim
  • Love 1

For me, the last straw for Juliette was when she burned the trailer down a few episodes back. I think that it was well established that she had crossed a line that would've been impossible to cross back from later on. 

On another note, I do thin that they are trying to set up Juliette as the villain (or a major villain) for the next season. That is all I can figure out from this storyline, that the writers want Juliette to become a bad guy. As with the Renard story, well I do hope that he isn't Jack the Ripper, but it's so obvious that he is, I can't help but think that maybe they will end up killing him off from the show (which according to one of the few surviving books, Nick has, stated was the only way to get rid of this sort of thing). 

That would be terrible as plenty of people seem to already have a big problem with this storyline.

• Love 1

On another note, I do thin that they are trying to set up Juliette as the villain (or a major villain) for the next season. That is all I can figure out from this storyline, that the writers want Juliette to become a bad guy. As with the Renard story, well I do hope that he isn't Jack the Ripper, but it's so obvious that he is, I can't help but think that maybe they will end up killing him off from the show (which according to one of the few surviving books, Nick has, stated was the only way to get rid of this sort of thing). 

Bleck.

Having Juliette turn could have been an interesting story, especially if Adalind slowly became part of the Grimm-Scooby Gang ..... but the writers mucked up the entire story with terrible, inconsistent writing made worse by giving this material to a rather inadequate actress.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sweet Tooth, that was a great list/ compare & contrast. I watch all but SHIELD ( due to iZombie), but yeah. The writers, story editors and TPTB have squandered a great deal of the goodwill we want to give them.

Also, while I unreservedly feel for Nick and Juliette's poor neighbors already, having a quick pop by after the ogre or Adalind or the manticore would have been nice, could have been sweetly comic depending on the neighbor(s), and gotten us more invested when Juliette is naming off who lives where and their habits/ dispositions/ pet peeves/ favorite color.  Like Bud, just less screen-time. If a neighbor's house is continually trashed, I would check in to see if they are okay. At least, I'd like to think I would.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 3
(edited)

If a neighbor's house is continually trashed, I would check in to see if they are okay. At least, I'd like to think I would.

At this point I'm surprised that a) they still have neighbours and b) no neighbourhood association has yet tried to bully them into moving to another area because they attract a certain element and that brings down property values

Edited by franopy
  • Love 3

Sweet Tooth, that was a great list/ compare & contrast. I watch all but SHIELD ( due to iZombie), but yeah. The writers, story editors and TPTB have squandered a great deal of the goodwill we want to give them.

Also, while I unreservedly feel for Nick and Juliette's poor neighbors already, having a quick pop by after the ogre or Adalind or the manticore would have been nice, could have been sweetly comic depending on the neighbor(s), and gotten us more invested when Juliette is naming off who lives where and their habits/ dispositions/ pet peeves/ favorite color.  Like Bud, just less screen-time. If a neighbor's house is continually trashed, I would check in to see if they are okay. At least, I'd like to think I would.

Yes, but not only that, it sticks out to me all the time that the kehrseite in Portland are almost never involved in anything.  Nick nearly always sees a victim or witness voge.  I know that Renard recently said that wesen are involved in most crime everywhere, but come on.  Throw non-wesen into the mix once in awhile, and definitely have Dateline or 48 Hours or just a local investigative reporter questioning some of this weird violence. That would be realistic and interesting writing to see how Nick and the other cops would handle it.

• Love 1

Didn't Renard prefer J. in a coma, so Nick would be tied to Portland?  Honestly, what's left for him in Portland now?  I'd be happy if killed Juliette and left Portland for good.  The show's called Grimm, not Nick The Grimm.  Let T. Rubel take over in Portland.  If that's the only way to get rid of Juliette, I'm all for it.  If you can't write her off the show because of the Real Life romance, write 'em both off...Let's see how BadAss she is then.

• Love 1

See, when Season 1 was running, I loved it because Nick and Monroe were proving the Old Guard wrong-- Grimms and wesen could get along, depending on the Grimm and the personality of the wesen.

Unfortunately, it feels like the writers have chosen to take darker turns instead of finding light and hope. I realize this is more a horror/ urban fantasy show, where things aren't sweetness, but I thought that was the point of Nick. That Nick was going to stand convention on it's head, win some of his fellow wesen citizens to his version of community Grimming and make waves that way.

The stories seem to take primarily darker and darker tones. I don't think this show had to go that dark to keep the audience. With "Headache" being one of the darker, if not darkest, episodes aired, TPTB may end up losing the audience that bought into a supernatural cop and his werewolf buddy and his cop partner stopping Bad Guys from fairy tales.

I will state that this is not as dark as Arrow has been this season, where they killed a semi-regular to start with and went darker from there. Unfortunately, there seems to have been a trend to more bleak feeling storylines this season, across the board. Individually, it happens. It just seemed like a metric ton of shows had dark themes, darker storylines, or were just dark to start with. Taken together, it's  a wonder I decided to stay with as many of the shows I watch.  

I guess what I am wondering is: Is there a happy medium for the Show- a tone somewhere between S1 naïve and optimistic and the current The Universe Simply Hates Nick, Who Can't Have Nice Things?

• Love 1

See, when Season 1 was running, I loved it because Nick and Monroe were proving the Old Guard wrong-- Grimms and wesen could get along, depending on the Grimm and the personality of the wesen.

Unfortunately, it feels like the writers have chosen to take darker turns instead of finding light and hope. I realize this is more a horror/ urban fantasy show, where things aren't sweetness, but I thought that was the point of Nick. That Nick was going to stand convention on it's head, win some of his fellow wesen citizens to his version of community Grimming and make waves that way.

The stories seem to take primarily darker and darker tones. I don't think this show had to go that dark to keep the audience. With "Headache" being one of the darker, if not darkest, episodes aired, TPTB may end up losing the audience that bought into a supernatural cop and his werewolf buddy and his cop partner stopping Bad Guys from fairy tales.

I will state that this is not as dark as Arrow has been this season, where they killed a semi-regular to start with and went darker from there. Unfortunately, there seems to have been a trend to more bleak feeling storylines this season, across the board. Individually, it happens. It just seemed like a metric ton of shows had dark themes, darker storylines, or were just dark to start with. Taken together, it's  a wonder I decided to stay with as many of the shows I watch.  

I guess what I am wondering is: Is there a happy medium for the Show- a tone somewhere between S1 naïve and optimistic and the current The Universe Simply Hates Nick, Who Can't Have Nice Things?

Arrow was already dark and angsty from the very start, I dropped it this season because it just became unwatchable for me this season.

As for Grimm, darkness was never the problem, my biggest problem stems from the writers' inability to handle story/myth arcs: the Royals, the keys/coins, Juliette/Adalind's drama, etc.

The trailer before it was destroyed, had a lot of potential for interesting Grimm/wesen mythology and they completely squandered that.

• Love 3

Agreed with all of the vitriol above, but I'll say this for the writers: They managed to write a storyline that justified an entire season of Renard ripping his shirt off.

• Love 6

What frustrates me the most about this Juliette/Hexenbiest(beast?) arc is the lack of motive for Evil!Juliette.

I'm just not getting why or how she pushed Nick away so quickly, why anyone wanted to cure her (I mean, the show had already demonstrated she was far safer & more capable as a Hexenbiest), and what drover her sudden personality shift.

Are Hexenbiests naturally evil?  If so, a little more explanation within the show would be nice.  But even 'evil' usually works better with a slightly deeper motive.

• Love 2

What frustrates me the most about this Juliette/Hexenbiest(beast?) arc is the lack of motive for Evil!Juliette.

I'm just not getting why or how she pushed Nick away so quickly, why anyone wanted to cure her (I mean, the show had already demonstrated she was far safer & more capable as a Hexenbiest), and what drover her sudden personality shift.

Are Hexenbiests naturally evil?  If so, a little more explanation within the show would be nice.  But even 'evil' usually works better with a slightly deeper motive.

And this is what many people have a problem with the storyline, the lack of a clearly defined motive, the writers tried to have it both ways of her not/being in control, they also had her randomly teaming up with the Royals, turning on Nick and the others and blamed them for everything, etc.

• Love 3

I wonder if the writers were building up Juliette to be evil all along the viewers just didn't know it? During  season 2 Juliette was nasty to Nick when she came out of her coma. It's possible that magic revealed her true personality. I hope the writers kill her off she's too evil to ever be useful on the show noone can trust her.

the writers tried to have it both ways of her not/being in control, they also had her randomly teaming up with the Royals, turning on Nick and the others and blamed them for everything, etc.

Not to mention that she's furious they turned her into a hexenbiest, but she's loves being a hexenbiest and is furious they want to change her back. I think we're supposed to believe she turned truly evil and vengeful when she found out about the pregnancy and got jealous, but 1) it's not like she doesn't know how Adalind got pregnant, and thinks there's some sort of secret affair going on, and 2) she was in the process of ditching Nick anyway, so why does she care anymore? Heck, do we even know for sure that Adalind got pregnant when she took on Juliette's body? Couldn't it also be that it happened when Juliette (knowingly) took on Adalind's body and slept with Nick?

• Love 1

Not to mention that she's furious they turned her into a hexenbiest, but she's loves being a hexenbiest and is furious they want to change her back. I think we're supposed to believe she turned truly evil and vengeful when she found out about the pregnancy and got jealous, but 1) it's not like she doesn't know how Adalind got pregnant, and thinks there's some sort of secret affair going on, and 2) she was in the process of ditching Nick anyway, so why does she care anymore? Heck, do we even know for sure that Adalind got pregnant when she took on Juliette's body? Couldn't it also be that it happened when Juliette (knowingly) took on Adalind's body and slept with Nick?

That would be even worse, it's already bad enough we're on another baby storyline.

I almost hate to bring it up, but they did just show us Juliette apparently/maybe doing the deed with both Renard and Kenneth. Guess they're keeping their additional baby options open. Or maybe they just want us to see she's a crazy hot sensual beast.

I almost hate to bring it up, but they did just show us Juliette apparently/maybe doing the deed with both Renard and Kenneth. Guess they're keeping their additional baby options open. Or maybe they just want us to see she's a crazy hot sensual beast.

Ugh...this show should be banned from doing any more baby plots.  Well, I guess if Monroe and Rosalee had a completely undramatic pregnancy, I'd be okay with that, but no more...  

The thing that gets me is that the first baby plot was not well received so....they did another one, because fans just LOVE to see more of things they hate (and, frankly, they had good reasons for not liking baby plot #1 and even better reasons for not liking baby plot #2).  Sadly, you're right...it really looks like they are trying to keep their options open for more babies....

• Love 2