Type keyword(s) to search

Killian Jones/Captain Hook: One Handed Pirate With A Drinking Problem

• Start Topic

If you have some spare time, vote for Colin (Group D) in this Radio Times poll. You can vote multiple times. He was up by a big amount, but he's clearly being macro'd against because he's dropping rapidly. Jen is in Group B.

If anybody wants to do more, DM me.

Edited by Souris

On Hook's darkness, it seems like the closer he came to achieving his revenge, the worse he got, like maybe he got more frustrated with having it in sight but not being successful yet, and also he seemed to have that automatic vengeance override, as we saw in his flashback with Ursula, where he could be a decent enough guy, but the moment his vengeance became a factor, it was like a switch flipped and he couldn't think of anything else. So in season two, he was so very close, having his plan with the poison and the alliance with Cora, and then being in the same place as his enemy, and that meant he was really at his worst and couldn't think of anything else. The vengeance override was stuck in the "on" position.

I know the sailing away at the end of season two was a bad thing and may have resulted in a higher body count than anything else he's done that we know about if they hadn't solved it another way, but I have a hard time blaming him too much for that. For one thing, he's down on the list of people to blame. Greg and Tamara set off the failsafe. Regina created it, got it out, planned to use it, and destroyed the entire crop of magic beans except for that last few because she was planning to kill everyone in town. Hook was just ditching them all and leaving them to it when he didn't really have much reason to owe them anything, and yet he's the one usually criticized while Regina gets called a hero because her plan failed. And if you look at things from his perspective, he didn't have a lot of reasons to stick his neck out for those people. He recognized the concept of the Dark One even before he knew his current identity when he first ran into Dark One Rumple, so I can imagine how frustrated he was to make it back to the Enchanted Forest with the aim of destroying the Dark One for good and find that the only people willing to help him with that were villains. The woman who'd been the Dark One's prisoner and slave was protecting him and refusing to share information. Even when he told Emma why he hated the Dark One, she wouldn't help him. I can imagine that if I'd been as wronged as he was by someone who was a known villain who'd caused great harm to everyone around, and their reaction to me trying to do something about it was "oh no, poor Rumple! We must save him!" I'd be like "what the hell is wrong with you people?" Then they were doing the same thing with Regina -- she'd set things up to kill them all, got caught in her own trap, and was dying because of it, and they all gave up their own chance to be safe to run save her. I think in his shoes, I might have been tempted to flounce and leave them to it, as well, though, like him, my conscience would probably get the best of me and I'd turn back.

As for him going dark, I don't think he'd go 100 percent, full-time dark again over Emma, but I can see him having dark moments along the way -- like if he thought someone had information or something that could help and that person wasn't helping, he might get pretty ruthless about it. The Ursula incident, past and present, makes for a good model. He might be a good person up to the point that he has a chance to help Emma, and then the automatic override would kick in and he'd do absolutely whatever it took, or he might lose his temper about it when it didn't go the way he hoped. But I don't think he'd go back to spending his free time when he wasn't trying to save Emma doing general purpose villainy and marauding.

• Love 3
Hook was just ditching them all and leaving them to it when he didn't really have much reason to owe them anything, and yet he's the one usually criticized while Regina gets called a hero because her plan failed. And if you look at things from his perspective, he didn't have a lot of reasons to stick his neck out for those people.

Ditching Regina and the suicide squad, I can understand.  But if he supposedly had a smidgen of human decency and morality left in him, I do blame him for sailing away to save himself alone, leaving innocent children in Storybrooke to die when he had the simple alternative to survive and save himself by throwing the bean on Main Street, which would not condemn hundreds if not thousands of people to being impaled by vines.

Edited by Camera One
Ditching Regina and the suicide squad, I can understand.  But if he supposedly had a smidgen of human decency and morality left in him, I do blame him for sailing away to save himself alone, leaving innocent children in Storybrooke to die when he had the simple alternative to survive and save himself by throwing the bean on Main Street, which would not condemn hundreds if not thousands of people to being impaled by vines.

I get the point, personally and I'm totally on your side, BUT, the peasants don't matter!  They matter only when someone wants to lament or get self-righteous about how a whole bunch of them were murdered, or died of hunger, or whatever other ills befall them.

Everyone is standing there in the diner making decisions for everyone, that they should stay and help Regina so that they don't build their future on her blood even though she built her future on the lives of innocents.  Emma didn't want to stay, Emma blamed Regina for the fail safe, for the destruction of the beans until Snow and Henry started talking.

And then Archie threw in his two cents.  Snow and David never led us astray...*snort* yes, they have!  Besides, Archie seemed to be speaking for everyone, including those peasants running down the streets away from the vines.

If the royals and their council don't care about the peasantry, then why should he?  And it's not like he can say well, if your plan fails then you have condemned everyone to a sure death, especially when Emma is voicing her concerns and Snow's reply is so other there, it defies all logic.

It's not like they had everyone come together and take a vote whether they should save Regina or let her die.  It's like when they're growing the beans and they're having expectations that everyone will want to go back home (even though Snow is sort of iffy about it and Emma looks beyond freaked out about this idea).

This isn't Hook's kingdom, they're not his people and he wasn't exactly a bleeding heart or the nicest guy, plus Storybrooke going to hell meant Rumple died along with everyone else.

Regina wanted to kill everyone until she had a change of heart, Rumple didn't care whether he lived or died and if he didn't lift a finger to help (which he didn't) everyone, including Belle was condemned because his son died.  Never mind that his grandson lived in the town and was going to die with everyone else.

Hook had no physical or emotional attachment to Storybrooke or the people in it.  But it didn't stop him from having a crisis of conscience.  Even him stealing the magic bean, I don't think it would have changed anything with Henry being kidnapped if he hadn't.  

They wanted to throw the fail safe in the portal (never mind where that trigger would've landed which might've resulted in the death of people and destruction of a land behind that portal), Henry would likely still have been kidnapped and then they wouldn't have had a way to follow Henry and save him (which would have been just fine with me actually).

Too much extrapolation?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

I think the fact that he came back with the intention of saving some people (he didn't realize they already saved the town until he was back) kind of negates what he did.

But yeah, he's really been more of a dickhole at times than evil like Regina and Rumple, so it's annoying that they seem to shove him in that same group. He did do some awful things, but he seems to feel genuine remorse for some of it. Other stuff, like taking up with a married woman? Not smart, but not evil. Leaving Baelfire to Pan? He obviously felt awful about it afterwards.

And frankly, trying to kill Rumple seems like the most logical thing anyone on the show has done. Why aren't they ALL trying to kill him?

• Love 6
And another pic! Colin, his dad and Liam.

Okay, now I'm thinking they seriously miscast the character Liam because if you want Hook's brother, that right there is the actor you want. When seen with Colin's father, they really look like brothers on an outing with Dad.

Unless my crackpot theory that Liam's family adopted wee Killian after his dad abandoned him turns out to be true and the casting was on purpose.

And frankly, trying to kill Rumple seems like the most logical thing anyone on the show has done. Why aren't they ALL trying to kill him?

That's why I can't entirely bring myself to condemn Hook for not sticking his neck out for those people. He shows up with the intention of killing the Dark One, and the response is, "You foul villain, we will stop you!" He adds, "Did I mention he murdered the woman I loved -- his former wife, the mother of his child -- and cut off my hand?" The response is, "Oh, poor Rumple! You're making him go dark when he wants to kill you!" He finds a way to do away with the Dark One, who has tormented and hurt just about everyone in town, and their response is "We must save him!" They sound like some kind of brainwashed cult of evil.

• Love 7

Just scrolling down the menagerie page I am quite surprised how high the counts are for Hook's thread compared to the rest. We must have a lot to say about the pirate.

• Love 3

Just scrolling down the menagerie page I am quite surprised how high the counts are for Hook's thread compared to the rest. We must have a lot to say about the pirate.

Indeed we do. We also have a good mix of Hook and Colin stuff going on.

This is also the only thread that sort of houses both on and off the ice stuff.  

I'm just looking forward to the start of the season.  Between Emma, Hook and Arthur (because who doesn't love Arthur and if you don't, let me go on record and say you suck!) I think I might be a happy girl.  I hope I'll be a happy girl, because with this show, never know! 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

I like that there's still hope to see Colin in a kilt with this sci-fi champion thing. I think both sides are using macros, because the numbers seem to be jumping like crazy on both sides (which is oddly fine by me, because at least it means it's fair play (in a certain sense) from both sides rather than one side playing fairly and the other one not). It's kind of hilarious. Otherwise, there's a lot of rabid fans out there voting! Lol.

*lol. i just checked, and Colin's and Sam's votes just jumped 5000+ in a span of 3ish minutes. It might be the spare few votes from the non-macros that actually determine the winner this time.

I've voted once, and would probably vote a little more, but my ipod can barely handle the site without crashing.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

^ I know, it's ridiculus! At least no ones accusing people of cheating, because at this point it's pretty obvious that there's magical computer know-how helping out the fans on both sides. Half a million! I think Colin's currently trailing (the numbers change every two seconds).

Colin has promised to wear a kilt though, so...

Kilt! Kilt! Kilt!

https://twitter.com/colinodonoghue1/status/630906440526331904

Some people must be giving Colin a bit of grief over the whole kilt thing. Although to be fair, the last time the bet happened it was a bit confusing. It changed from the loser dressing as the winner to the winner dressing up, and back and forth a few times before settling on the winner dressing up.

Having the winner dress up instead of the loser was probably given as an incentive for their own fandoms to work hard and vote for them.

This time Colin states that if he wins he'll dress in a kilt (so the same as last time).

Some hooligans must have accused him of not keeping his end of the bargain. If you read between the lines he's telling them to stuff it, and I love him for it. Don't let the bad apples bully you!

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

Omg what is with some of those fan's tweets? People actually just tweet "notice me"? That right there is why I stay off twitter.

The last bet was confusing. I think everyone had it pretty set, and then what's her face from E online jumped in and got it backwards.

Edited by pezgirl7

Colin has closed some ground -- he was at 49% and now it's 50/50, though Sam is still slightly ahead.

Some Sam fan tagged Colin several times calling him a welcher. I hate that he saw it. Goes to show that actors DO sometimes see the crap people post. And, Lord, there's a bunch of crap.

pezgirl7, on 09 Aug 2015 - 7:01 PM, said:

Colin sure stays busy, huh? He makes me feel so lazy.

Ugh! Tell me about it. I had a surprise day off from work today (it happens every now and then) and did almost nothing (dishes and laundry).

Does anyone have a link to the sci-fi champion poll that actually works? On tumblr there's people who say they can vote and others that claim the site's still down.

I'd like to throw Colin another vote or two his way, but I keep getting a 504 gateway error or something like that. I've heard he's currently behind as well as JMo.

https://twitter.com/colinodonoghue1/status/631541039237496832

Ginger wig? Lol.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

Nooo!!! pezgirl7, thanks for posting the link! It worked the first time, but I don't know if my 3 votes registered (the numbers didn't change).

You can tell that website's on the fritz! First it was moving like molasses. I exited the website and clicked on your link again, and then the site went on this never-ending loop of reloading itself until a 500 error popped up.

What hath you wrought, Radiotimes???? What hath you wroughttt!???!!!!!!???

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 2

I'm pretty sure the Outlander fans must have access to a server or computer labs where they can just jam the hell out of the site and by sheer volume, more of their votes will get through.

^ lol! Probably. If we don't win this one maybe third time's the charm? When and if we ever get a Colin vs. Sam match again. I'm so proud of our fandom! I think we improved. Last time Colin kind of got slaughtered (30ish to 60ish or somewhere in there).

https://twitter.com/bouton_barks/status/631844248875368448

People seem to like photoshopping Colin's head onto kilt-wearing bodies when it comes to the Colin vs Sam poll competitions. Lol.

https://twitter.com/radiotimes/status/631845669406437376

Nothing special, but I thought it was a cute tweet by Radiotimes. I doubt they'll ever forget this round.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 1

^ lol! Probably. If we don't win this one maybe third time's the charm? When and if we ever get a Colin vs. Sam match again. I'm so proud of our fandom! I think we improved. Last time Colin kind of got slaughtered (30ish to 60ish or somewhere in there).

https://twitter.com/bouton_barks/status/631844248875368448

People seem to like photoshopping Colin's head onto kilt-wearing bodies when it comes to the Colin vs Sam poll competitions. Lol.

https://twitter.com/radiotimes/status/631845669406437376

Nothing special, but I thought it was a cute tweet by Radiotimes. I doubt they'll ever forget this round.

LOL....over 10 million votes?! Fans ought to just send Colin a kilt at this point and ásk him to post a picture :). I'll be glad to chip in! Edited by OnceUponAJen

How do we do this? Do we need a GoFundMe page? Because I'll send $10 towards a kilt for Colin. It will be totally worth it. I think we could even get him a leather one if we go really crazy. (Also, don't google "leather kilt" on a Saturday morning -- unless you need inspiration for writing smutty fanfic. I didn't think about the more dubious uses for leather kilts when I typed it into my search bar before drinking my morning tea.)

• Love 3

I know, man! At this point, Colin should just take pity on us for tantalizing us with the possibility. He just needs to do it, dammit! 

Also, don't google "leather kilt" on a Saturday morning

What hast thou done?! I need to lie down.

Edited by Rumsy4

How do we do this? Do we need a GoFundMe page? Because I'll send $10 towards a kilt for Colin. It will be totally worth it. I think we could even get him a leather one if we go really crazy. (Also, don't google "leather kilt" on a Saturday morning -- unless you need inspiration for writing smutty fanfic. I didn't think about the more dubious uses for leather kilts when I typed it into my search bar before drinking my morning tea.)

Oh my....I must admit leather had not even crossed my mind! I had no idea such an animal existed.

Oh my....I must admit leather had not even crossed my mind! I had no idea such an animal existed.

Ha!  We in the gay community have known about leather kilts for years now. Where have y'all been?  ;-)

By the way, OnceUponAJen, I see what you did there!

• Love 2