Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Drastic Voyage: Part 1

PinkRibbons
  • Start Topic

Yeah, no surprise that Malory and Ron are terrible caretakers. We have Archer the way he is, after all.

It's TV's Michael Gray as Slim Goodbody! Yeah, only Archer would get excited about that.

"There are so many submarine movies!"

"I was voted Best Milker."

"Me too!"

God, I love Krieger so much. Totally him to think that he was there to execute Dr. Kovacs. And also the phrenology. And of course he ruins everything.

Why would Cheryl want a million dollars? To buy an orphanage, so she could bulldoze for shits and grins and tears.

Next Week: Inside the body! And Ray's gonna get crippled again.

• Love 1

I liked the episode. It takes something special to up the crazy for the finale. Sure, Adam Reed did a Fantastic Voyage-themed episode of Sealab 2021, but it's still a good concept after the adventures of the last few finales. And, natch, Krieger ruins everything. Serves the doctors right for throwing implements at him. He would've been less trouble on the ship

I don't understand why Lana bothers trying to get Archer to contemplate his mortality. Also, I didn't think Cyril could be so dark. We've had Cheryl "Julia Gluey Dreyfus" Tunt coherent, though, but then she snaps back to being her sociopathic self, which is always a hoot. 

Mainly just a set-up for what will be happening come finale time, but it still got a few laughs out of me.

Glad Agent Hawley is back, and watching him and Slater dealing with this crew.  I do find it hilarious that they are making them all do this, even though they really don't seem to need everyone.  They pretty much admitted that Pam and Cheryl are only allowed to stay in the back and be quiet, so I don't even know why they bothered to ask.  Not complaining, mind you, but I wonder if something is up, or is it just the CIA being their normal daft selves.

Continue to love the random moments like the appearance of "TV's Michael Grey", and Archer being a huge fanboy, and Cheryl randomly getting deep about the journey, only to end it by admitting she just wants to money to buy and orphanage and bulldoze it.  And Cyril's plot for "The Freshmaker", was probably the most I've ever liked him.  Although, I'm sure killer hands have been done before (Idle Hands comes to mind.)

Should have just let Krieger stay on the ship, guys!

I do find it hilarious that they are making them all do this, even though they really don't seem to need everyone.  They pretty much admitted that Pam and Cheryl are only allowed to stay in the back and be quiet, so I don't even know why they bothered to ask.  Not complaining, mind you, but I wonder if something is up, or is it just the CIA being their normal daft selves.

I thought they said that since Pam and Cheryl always end up stowing away and going on the missions anyways, that they were just going to let them come so they would get some training.

I thought they said that since Pam and Cheryl always end up stowing away and going on the missions anyways, that they were just going to let them come so they would get some training.

I thought that part was actually kind of funny. Since they were going to stow away anyway why not just let them come along.

Plus the Kreiger rant. We've been asking the question ourselves for ages. If he was a Hitler clone wouldn't he look like Hitler?

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Love the random obscure references, like Gary's Olde Town Tavern, especially since I am currently watching on Netfix the show from which this one came with my 12 year old. 

I also loved the Slim Goodbody reference. In my opinion, that was a random joke but they took to it's logical conclusion. 

• Love 1

I knew what that meant as soon as I heard it.

Love the random obscure references, like Gary's Olde Town Tavern, especially since I am currently watching on Netfix the show from which this one came with my 12 year old.

If he was a Hitler clone wouldn't he look like Hitler?

If you were actually cloning Hitler, would you want the clone to look like Hitler? Literally, everyone over like 16 knows what Hitler looks like. Hiding in plain sight. I thought Krieger's plot was actually stupid. He's a mad scientist, he's not a moron. 

• Love 2

The microscopic plot is a little too ridiculous, even for a show that's known for extreme farce. 

Cyril's Freshmaker idea made me howl like a hyena.  Next to Krieger, he might be the most unhinged character of that group.

Judy Greer is so perfect as Cheryl/Carol/Cristal.  Her schadenfreude is damn near pathological. 

If you were actually cloning Hitler, would you want the clone to look like Hitler? Literally, everyone over like 16 knows what Hitler looks like. Hiding in plain sight. I thought Krieger's plot was actually stupid. He's a mad scientist, he's not a moron. 

I have a personal fan theory, that Krieger is actually a clone of Hitler's and Eva Baurn's secret love child. I would say it's that or he was a clone of some high-ranking Nazi scientist, but one that isn't as recognizable as Mengele.

Edited by TVSpectator

Lana s starting to get on my nerves..there I  said it..hope a giant hand doesn't bash my skull in.  Are we going to spend the beginning of every episode talking about what happens to AJ if something happens to her and Archer? Hate to say it but I don't care. 

Loved the take on Fantastic Voyage. Glad I'm not the only one that got the references i.e. Gary's Olde Town Tavern