Type keyword(s) to search

2009 / Dreams Come True: Finale Liveblog Thread

Cranberry

This thread is for live reactions as the finale episodes air. It will be open on Friday, March 20 starting at 8pm ET and continuing until the west coast airing is complete (I will post a link here to the first west coast post so that people can jump right to it and avoid spoilers if they wish). Outside of that period, this thread will be locked, so please take your discussion to the episode discussion thread. Thanks, and have fun!

EDIT: Any west coast viewers who want to discuss live can start right here, at the top of page 5.

I like how they're backfilling the Kurt/Burt relationship. That while they loved one another, it wasn't a particularly close relationship. Burt tolerated Kurt's interests but was trying to push him into a more "normal" mold. And Kurt afraid to reveal his sexuality because he thought his father would stop loving him. And it shows just how far they've come.

Rachel's hypercompetitive is not something that I'm looking forward to getting back into. She really is clueless in how to deal with people.

And Will pegs Kurt as gay at his audition. We get all those nice complements about his abilities, but that gay label is there and that means no solos or leads for him. Kurt had the deck stacked against him from the very start.

I'm unspoiled and just realized that "2009" refers to the first season. I'm guessing the whole episode is going to be what we're seeing? Ugh. God. I'm suddenly so glad this shitstorm is ending. (And I liked season 1. But this is just too random and pointless.)

Wondering if Chris could even do Mr. cellophane, why else would they be shooting him (if that's him) from behind ? Everyone looks the same except for him, strange that he got his growth spurt at 18.

Burt feels out of character, but you're right Hana Chan. The expansion on their relationship actually makes a lot of sense. Idk, it just feels a little too much like Burt won't be okay with Kurt being gay, especially with his conversation with Emma. And this isn't supposed to be AU (at least to my knowledge) so it feels like he's too...abrasive? I guess is the correct word.

I am loving Rachel. God, Lea Michele is so good at being season 1 her. It reminds me how much I loved Rachel when she wasn't being completely horrible to other people. Her whole super serious in your face attitude did not bother me as long as she wasn't being like blatantly terrible - like sending Sunshine to the crack house bad. 

I see Rachel in her old pattern of trying to manage the competition. First by undermining Kurt's fragile confidence (because he did easily match her in Popular) and then Mercedes by trying to box her in as an R&B singer. And then she wonders why no one likes her.

Oh my god, the nostalgia. Rachel, literally, always had something to say about Mr. Schuester assignments.

And Mercedes hit the nail on the head with her Sandy argument. You could totally see Rachel grasping at straws for an argument.

If the point of this episode was to make us hate RIB even more for their treatment of Mercedes then mission accomplished. Mercedes constantly was shafted, but now we're supposed to believe that it's only because Rachel 'needed' it more as the more pathetic one?

• Love 3

So Will needs to recruit a male lead for the choir? When he's got two perfectly capable guys in the group already, both of whom are amazing singers? But then he pegged Kurt as gay and Artie needs ramps so obviously neither of them can be a lead singer. This is the kind of stuff that makes me really dislike him.

And we've got the pattern set of Rachel getting what she wants because she can demand it and have people comply. Great.

• Love 2

This episode is simultaneously boring me and reigniting my girlcrush on Lea Michele and her considerable talent. The #1 thing I will miss about Glee is the character of Rachel Berry (and her portrayer).

• Love 3

Didn't like Will saying the arts are more important than cheerleading.  I think both are worthy things for kids to get involved in.

Like this scarcely-watched series finale is ever going to influence high school curricula, ever.

Lea is doing a great job but i didn't like the implication that one factor, maybe even a big factor, in Mercedes success was her rivalry with Rachel spurring on her to greater heights.  

Like this scarcely-watched series finale is ever going to influence high school curricula, ever.

Never said it would.  I just didn't like Will's snobbery there.

Edited by camussie
Aw, the first Finn mention. They're doing a better job of this episode without him than I expected, but he's still missed.

Big time. I can't stop those split seconds where i expect him to appear
  • Love 2

Didn't like Will saying the arts are more important than cheerleading.  I think both are worthy things for kids to get involved in.  

Same. I immediately cringed. Honestly, Sue felt totally justified in at the very least being ticked at Will for awhile. Obviously, her ongoing crusade against the arts is ridiculous, but I'd dislike Will too if he tried to act so high and mighty. 

I find it hilarious that ALL of the glee kids are pretty much over Will's choices already and it's been like 2 days. 

I had a love/hate relationship with Finn leaning mostly toward the hate side, but I really miss him right now. His absence is very noticeable. Like, I can totally feel the gap.

Edited by FrumiusManxome