Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E10: Lovers In The Dark

• Start Topic

I assumed he just let her do it. The final is next and there's no point in fighting about it, especially when it's objectively the smartest choice. We see one partner unilaterally choose for the team all the time- it's just usually the men who do it. Zach and Jonna, when she couldn't even formulate a reason for TJ after letting Zach make the choice comes to mind.

No one's going to throw themselves into the last elimination and there isn't any compromise to be made, so one of them had to make the unilateral choice.

Edited by Universalhunter
  • Love 1

I was going to multiquote, but it would have been ridiculously long.  I have always been neutral/ neutral-like towards Nany in the past, but that gleeful clap and "sucks to suck," comment just moved her into Kenny/Evan/Frank/Zach territory.  Someone else mentioned it, but I'll repeat it: If quitter-hatin' Teej is suggesting, and in an obviously sympathetic voice, that Wes call it a night, then STFU.

Count me among the folk who fist-pumped and yelled "Yes!," at the end of this episode.  Not that it was really a surprise.  The editors have been telegraphing this all season, let alone this episode.  Seriously, I'd (not really) be willing to bet that Sarah has said, "I'm going to be ruthless. / I'll do whatever it takes to get to the final. / I've learned from the best.," in Every. Single. Episode this season.  [8/10 at the LEAST.]

A very happy smile crossed my face when I saw the preview of what the elimination challenge is going to be.  I'm hoping for another Backpack moment of glee - though if it happens to Nany, that'd be okay.

Edited by Way Wes Jr
  • Love 2

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I rewound that shit three times (and will probably watch again after posting this). From Bananas patting himself on the back about his "ponies" to Sarah throwing his ass in and his whining. I liked that Nany knew exactly what was coming once Sarah began her speech. Shake your head all you want, Nany, it's happening. IDK if that was THE happiest move in Challenge history, but it's got to be up there.

Nia was gross and an asshole long before she drank sweat earlier this season. Nothing she does surprises me, and I expect she'll be on the show as Hurricane Nia for many years to come. And that book still won't be published.

Wes should have bowed out after the first run. And I can't believe Theresa thought she had a shot against Nia.

Was it really THAT ballsy to throw Bananany in? If the tables had turned, Bananas would have done the exact same thing. In fact, I think how he let Paula out to dry on The Island was WAY worse. Everyone wants to keep the rookies around, especially when they haven't proven themselves to be anything other than a placeholder.

Also, wtf is up with Teresa's martyr bs? I feel like they're setting her up to be this sympathetic 'always the bridesmaid' who never wins a challenge but she has not once proven that she deserves to be in a final. She's been dead weight on every challenge. She only lucked out because she was partnered with Wes this season and she piggy backed on his politicking.

• Love 1

And i have the impression nany and johnny  hook up on the exile, like last night that was the impression I got from both of them, specially nany when she was doing the challenge and was like "oh my god i need johnny, he helps me a lot, I just can't do it without him, he makes me feel good" I was like shut up and compete, idk maybe its just me, but thats the impression I got from both of them and their interaction, they were too comfortable with each other.

Edited by fredj
  • Love 1

And i have the impression nany and johnny  hook up on the exile, like last night that was the impression I got from both of them, specially nany when she was doing the challenge and was like "oh my god i need johnny, he helps me a lot, I just can't do it without him, he makes me feel good" I was like shut up and compete, idk maybe its just me, but thats the impression I got from both of them and their interaction, they were too comfortable with each other.

I'd be genuinely surprised to find out that they really, truly did not hook up in the exile house.  When there was that little mid-commercial break clip of her talking about how their "strategy" was to tell everyone how miserable the exile house was, all I could think through the whole thing was "and we did it on every single surface of that sucker."  She is so pathetic over him.  If I wasn't so disgusted with her, I'd have major second hand embarrassment for her.  

• Love 2

Johnny wants to talk about Sarah throwing him and Nany into the Dome as the most heartless moment in Challenge history, well, I think he's forgotten what he did to Paula back on "The Island." If I'm not mistaken, Paula and Johnny were buddies throughout that whole challenge and he promised her along with the other guys that she had a spot secured on their boat, but what does he do at the end? He screws her over and takes Evelyn instead. This is the reason I dislike Johnny so much. He uses people and screws them over if necessary, but when someone turns the tables on him, he acts like a victim even though he said so himself that it's bs when someone says that they want to go against strong competitors in a final. If he and Nany had been power couple, I don't doubt that he would've convinced Nany to throw Jordan and Sarah into the Dome. In my opinion, Johnny and Nany shouldn't even be there anymore because they already got eliminated so they shouldn't act so entitled.

Johnny and Nany especially annoyed me during the Dome. I know they hate Wes and Theresa, but they looked so messed up for cheering and clapping at Wes being injured. There's a lot of money at stake, but at the end of the day, the Challenge is just a game. Also, what was up with Nany cheering for Nia after she basically called her a slut (among other things)? She should've just stayed quiet because she came off looking really bad this episode.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 4

Nia is bigger than the other girls but she's not great pound for pound.

Usually endurance is an element of the finals and that's when the bigger and stronger players have more problems, especially if they smoke and party a lot.

Yes, and I gave Wes a lot of credit in that moment.  Theresa had a huge dopey grin on her face, but Wes was not enjoying it.

I noticed that as well. Despite her claims, Theresa is a mean girl, through and through, and she was all too happy to have someone attack Nany.
  • Love 3

I assumed he just let her do it. The final is next and there's no point in fighting about it, especially when it's objectively the smartest choice. We see one partner unilaterally choose for the team all the time- it's just usually the men who do it. Zach and Jonna, when she couldn't even formulate a reason for TJ after letting Zach make the choice comes to mind.

No one's going to throw themselves into the last elimination and there isn't any compromise to be made, so one of them had to make the unilateral choice.

I didn't watch the Bananas squawking at the end, so I just assumed Jordan and Sarah's disagreement had to do with Jordan wanting to throw in Bananas and Sarah not wanting to out of respect for their friendship, and when Sarah was sighing and rolling her eyes, that was her conceding to Jordan that they would put Bananas in. I assumed that because, like you said, the guys in the couple always seem to have the final say, and in fact, Jordan declined Jay's proposal earlier this season without even looking at Sarah. Also, whenever Sarah and Jordan have had their little spats, it seems like it's always Sarah that approaches Jordan first with an apology, even though I think Jordan has been more the one in the wrong. It wasn't until I came on here that I realized Bananas was Sarah's choice, not Jordan's.

And why would Jordan disagree with Sarah? There's nothing to be gained from ensuring Bananas makes the final. He and Nany aren't the best athletes, but they are consistently good- and they don't have any glaring weaknesses, such as Leroy's incompetence in the water, Nia's fear of heights, Jenna's food aversions, Jay's small stature, or, say, a missing hand, Jordan, which bit you in the ass the last time you went up against Bananas.

• Love 3

Nah, I think it was Sarah's decision to throw in Bananas.  I was surprised that Jordan seemed to be so against it though AND that he actually let Sarah make the decision. I would have liked to see how that played out more.  I don't see how Sarah can just choose without Jordan agreeing. 

He didn't disagree that much, or he would have said something to TJ.  I agree with the poster above who said that Jordan was voicing his "no"s out loud while secretly saying, "hell yes!", so that Johnny wouldn't hold it against him.  

• Love 7

And why would Jordan disagree with Sarah? There's nothing to be gained from ensuring Bananas makes the final. He and Nany aren't the best athletes, but they are consistently good- and they don't have any glaring weaknesses, such as Leroy's incompetence in the water, Nia's fear of heights, Jenna's food aversions, Jay's small stature, or, say, a missing hand, Jordan, which bit you in the ass the last time you went up against Bananas.

Doesn't Jordan have a huge grudge against Bananas after that season he threw himself into elimination? I think a part of him wants Bananas in the final so he can beat him proper and claim he's the new champ/face of the series/challenge monkey/whatever. But I think he wasn't about to put up a big struggle when Sarah threw them in either.

I LOVED this episode. Seeing Wes go home sucked, but seeing Bananas whine like a little bitch at the end was priceless. SARAH! SARAH! SARAH! It was absolutely awesome seeing Bananas get blindsided, and it speak volumes about how spineless and stupid the other players are that Sarah's move was so shocking. I was surprised Jordan was against it. I thought he was smarter than that. You know damn well Bananas would've done the same thing to Sarah if the shoe was on the other foot. In fact, no one would've voted in Jay and Jenna. It would've been a stupid strategic move to do so. If anyone was going to do it, it would've been Leroy and Nia as revenge for Jay and Jenna voting them in. For Nia to criticize them for taking the easy way out is ridiculous because her and Leroy could've gotten Jay and Jenna removed from the game weeks ago.

Sarah's decision was the smart decision, and if she wants to win one of these, it was the only decision. If she doesn't throw Bananas in there, he lucks his way into another win. We've seen it happen 5 other times. Predictably Bananas is going to sulk and be a bitch to Sarah. I mean, this is his career we're talking about. Nia will also go on another lame rampage because obviously she would rather face Jay and Jenna in the dome. She claims that Sarah is the coward when it's actually Nia who doesn't want to face Bananas and Nany. If Nia hadn't sucked so bad on this high ropes challenge, then they wouldn't be in this predicament. Leroy absolutely beasted that challenge.

Bananas is so insufferable. He can STFU. He was eliminated weeks ago and still has a chance of winning the game. That's way more of an opportunity than he deserves. He has not earned a damn thing on this Challenge yet. While Bananas and Nany went undefeated in the Ex-ile against a very weak field, they're 0-1 in the dome this season. They still have to earn their stripes on this season of the Challenge. Leroy has earned his stripes already in the physical, non-aquatic aspects of the game, and let's hope he makes Bananas yell like a little girl again. And I hope Bananas is the reason they lose in the dome this time. Nia and Nany should be a great match as well. Nia has always been vile, and Nany has turned vile due to too much Bananas exposure in the Ex-ile house. I mean, cheering about an injured player is about as classless as you can get.

Congrats to Jay and Jenna BTW. Yes, they're considered a weak team, but they didn't ever finish last in a challenge. Doing just enough and flying under the radar is a viable strategy in this game. Nia needs to stop insulting them since it's her poor performance that has gotten her and Leroy sent into the dome this time. She refers to Jay and Jenna as "layups" and "scrubs," but her and Leroy have done worse a few times in the challenges.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 3

He didn't disagree that much, or he would have said something to TJ.  I agree with the poster above who said that Jordan was voicing his "no"s out loud while secretly saying, "hell yes!", so that Johnny wouldn't hold it against him.  

I think there's a lot we didn't see even if it was a small amount of time that they had to decide. And I want to know why we didn't get to see it lol Lack of time? I don't know... 

I noticed that as well. Despite her claims, Theresa is a mean girl, through and through, and she was all too happy to have someone attack Nany.

Eh. Nany's partner was very amused in the background. He had to bite his fist to stop from laughing aloud.  All these people are a big chunk of petty.

• Love 1

Congrats to Jay and Jenna BTW. Yes, they're considered a weak team, but they didn't ever finish last in a challenge. Doing just enough and flying under the radar is a viable strategy in this game. Nia needs to stop insulting them since it's her poor performance that has gotten her and Leroy sent into the dome this time. She refers to Jay and Jenna as "layups," but her and Leroy have done worse a few times in the challenges.

I agree I'm surprised how well they've done.

Eh. Nany's partner was very amused in the background. He had to bite his fist to stop from laughing aloud.  All these people are a big chunk of petty.

To me, Johnny's reaction came across as more of like an "oh shit, they are really going at it!", whereas Theresa was beaming with self satisfaction.  And yes, almost everyone on all these shows are ridiculously petty!!

• Love 1

Yes, this makes sense. It sucks that Jordan would do that to his partner though. There's no doubt that Sarah is going to take more heat for this vote than he will since he voiced his objections. Jordan is probably setting himself up for next season. It's not like his hand is totally clean, but he can at least explain to Bananas next season that he didn't want to vote him in and that it was solely Sarah's decision. I imagine he'll take some flack from the misogynists on this show for letting a woman make the decision. Sarah was the only woman actively involved in politicking this season. She's also been the best politician this season IMO.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 2

Congrats to Jay and Jenna BTW. Yes, they're considered a weak team, but they didn't ever finish last in a challenge. Doing just enough and flying under the radar is a viable strategy in this game. Nia needs to stop insulting them since it's her poor performance that has gotten her and Leroy sent into the dome this time. She refers to Jay and Jenna as "layups" and "scrubs," but her and Leroy have done worse a few times in the challenges.

Jay and Jenna are actually not bad performers, but they have gotten lucky in a couple different ways, that they couldn't have predicted. One, while they're rookies, this season included the AYTO kids, which were considered the sub-rookies, since they came from an entirely different show and there is a hierarchy in B/M world.  Second, the Wes/Bananas rivalry diverted a lot of attention from them. Besides looking at each other, Bananas and Wes were also after those that they felt were on the opposite side. Jay and Jenna were smart to stay out of that mess.

On top of that, they did underperform in a few of the earlier games (but not poorly enough to be an automatic elimination contender) so were considered a weaker team which made them a desirable finals opponent, at least for Jordan and Sarah, which were a frequent power couple.

Really, as much as we said they were dumb, they really played the game well, politically. They stayed out of every conflict (too often rookies hurry to align themselves with a vet which may be a temporary safety net but often backfires, like the idiots on The Island found out), and appear to be the only couple (who actually were a couple, as opposed to a one time hookup) that can work well together, and both seem to be decent athletes.

• Love 3

I think Jordan knew it was the only choice, but I also don't think he's very smart at the game. He's still a lot like a newbie in that way- he bases a lot on emotions and pride and shaky alliances and lets that affect his judgment.

Jay and Jenna have grown on me. I'd be happy to see them back on more challenges. They seem to be good people and they aren't horrible performance-wise.

Edited by Universalhunter
  • Love 4

All the snaps in the world to Jay and Jenna for keeping their mouths shut and keeping their faces somber and neutral while Bananas, Nany, and Jordan were showing their asses over Wes' injury.  If Sarah doesn't take it all, I'd love for those two to win.  Won't happen, but it would make ah-maaaaazing television to see the reactions of the others.  

And yes, I think Jenna just might be a secret Keyser Soze. 

• Love 4

What I really liked about the ep besides Sarah's decision to send in Johnny & Nany was her comment about how much fun that challenge was. Didn't look like fun to me (or the rest of the challengers!), but I loved how geniunely excited she was about it afterwards.

Throughout the entire season she's seemed really into the challenges and the only one who has actually enjoyed herself. Good for her.

I haven't always been a fan of hers (her season of Real World was the last RW season I saw), but I've been liking her this go round. I don't care for Jordan (props though to him for what he's accomplished having only, basically, 1 hand), but I'd really like to see them win.

Loathe Nia and I hope next time Leroy gets a better partner.

• Love 1

Nia is a bitch and has major anger management issues, but I get why she was pissed. They got played HARD. If Sarah and Jordan really wanted to throw in a strong team, they would have thrown in Bananas and Nany. Jordan convienently forgot all of his beef with Bananas (doesn't anyone remember all of the vicious things Bananas said about Jordan's hand?) yet he remembers his beef with Nia and thinks they were the stronger team to go in, knowing Bananas has won the challenge a billion times now!?! That's ridiculous but no one really articulated why.

In any event, if Sarah had not thrown inBananas, her whole argument of the strongest team should go would have proven false (this concept has always been obvious, except people used they friendships and power to not make it so. Weirdly, everyone falls in line to be a part of the "in crowd" and to feel like they finally belong. It's always been pathetic and it always will be. ) Jordan, who obnoxiously tried to make all of the decisions in the past ( and Sarah acquiesced) was too chicken shit to do it himself. All the blame for the decision is on Sarah now. what a turd.

And those rules were really stupid. Leroy got robbed. Hope he and Nia come back for the final.

Edited by lightbeam
  • Love 3

I LOVED this episode. Seeing Wes go home sucked, but seeing Bananas whine like a little bitch at the end was priceless. SARAH! SARAH! SARAH! It was absolutely awesome seeing Bananas get blindsided, and it speak volumes about how spineless and stupid the other players are that Sarah's move was so shocking. I was surprised Jordan was against it. I thought he was smarter than that. You know damn well Bananas would've done the same thing to Sarah if the shoe was on the other foot. In fact, no one would've voted in Jay and Jenna. It would've been a stupid strategic move to do so. If anyone was going to do it, it would've been Leroy and Nia as revenge for Jay and Jenna voting them in. For Nia to criticize them for taking the easy way out is ridiculous because her and Leroy could've gotten Jay and Jenna removed from the game weeks ago.

Sarah's decision was the smart decision, and if she wants to win one of these, it was the only decision. If she doesn't throw Bananas in there, he lucks his way into another win. We've seen it happen 5 other times. Predictably Bananas is going to sulk and be a bitch to Sarah. I mean, this is his career we're talking about. Nia will also go on another lame rampage because obviously she would rather face Jay and Jenna in the dome. She claims that Sarah is the coward when it's actually Nia who doesn't want to face Bananas and Nany. If Nia hadn't sucked so bad on this high ropes challenge, then they wouldn't be in this predicament. Leroy absolutely beasted that challenge.

Bananas is so insufferable. He can STFU. He was eliminated weeks ago and still has a chance of winning the game. That's way more of an opportunity than he deserves. He has not earned a damn thing on this Challenge yet. While Bananas and Nany went undefeated in the Ex-ile against a very weak field, they're 0-1 in the dome this season. They still have to earn their stripes on this season of the Challenge. Leroy has earned his stripes already in the physical, non-aquatic aspects of the game, and let's hope he makes Bananas yell like a little girl again. And I hope Bananas is the reason they lose in the dome this time. Nia and Nany should be a great match as well. Nia has always been vile, and Nany has turned vile due to too much Bananas exposure in the Ex-ile house. I mean, cheering about an injured player is about as classless as you can get.

Yup similar to when Devyn made it to the final ( by flying under the radar)

However I do think Jay and Jenna are WAY more athletic than Devyn, They played a smart game, were not offensive assholes and I'm not gonna lie they both made me laugh so I would be happy to see them in more challenges. 

I don't know what's more obnoxious - his claims that he "put Sarah and Jordan on top" when Sarah and Jordan have been kicking ass just fine on their own all season, or his whining about being thrown in against his only friend there, Leroy.  You mean the same friend you all but asked Sarah to throw in to the last elimination to do your dirty work and take out Wes?  That "only friend"?  He's such a loathsome hypocrite. 

• Love 3

I don't know what's more obnoxious - his claims that he "put Sarah and Jordan on top" when Sarah and Jordan have been kicking ass just fine on their own all season, or his whining about being thrown in against his only friend there, Leroy.  You mean the same friend you all but asked Sarah to throw in to the last elimination to do your dirty work and take out Wes?  That "only friend"?  He's such a loathsome hypocrite. 

Well exchange "only friend" for "only male left I feel can beat me" and his temper tantrum makes perfect sense.

But yeah, I guess in Bananas' world, he was the benevolent grandfather who "allowed" Sarah and Jordan to make it to the finals, rather than a player who didn't send them in during his ONE time as power couple (it was only once right?) because it didn't make strategic sense to do so.

• Love 1

He actually outright told Sarah and Jordan to throw Leroy in! Shut up, Johnny! You're proving to everyone that you are in fact the hypocrite we all thought you were.

I'm sure in Bananaland, his justification that everyone throwing the last comp to Sarah and Jordan equates to carrying them to the final.

I would have give johnny respect if he had admitted that sarah's move was one of the best and while he doesn't agree with it, he understands why she made the decision. Yet we get a huge no sense of how sarah is a bitch and he is the victim.

• Love 1

He also needs to admit that going in against Leroy isn't pissing him off because Leroy is his "only friend" so much as because Leroy is the most likely to own his ass in an elimination.  Leroy and Nia already eliminated him and Nany once. 

• Love 1

Johnny always acts like this when things don't go his way. Remember the hissy fit he threw on The Gauntlet 3 or at The Cutthroat Reuion were he said Tyler wouldn't have beaten him? I would be more shocked if he admitted Sarah made a good move. Even though I like Johnny that's one of the reasons I can't call him one of the best ever. He has no self-awareness.

• Love 1

It was Cutthroat, IIRC.  Tyler and Johnny were sent to the Gulag (elimination round), but they had to go against Challenge monster CT instead of each other.  Tyler won the Gulag; Johnny became the Johnny Bananas Backpack. So yeah, Johnny was pissy about it because he felt it was totally UNFAIRRRRR! [also, humiliating for Johnny.] [also, HILARIOUS.]

I'm in a Cutthroat rewatch on Hulu, and it's interesting to see this stuff right after this week's episode of Exes 2. In Cutthroat, we see Paula still completely pissed off at/over/near/surrounding Bananas--I think it was her first challenge with Bananas after Island. We also see Bananas whinging and getting upset early in the season at the first mention that he might get tossed into the Gulag, pulling on these same overtones of upset and offendedness. Same behavior, different season.