Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
33 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Ha! I just rewatched that a few weeks ago. I was shocked to find myself finishing the characters’ sentences, lol 

It would so totally not get made nowadays, but I loved that movie so much. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 8
8 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

It would so totally not get made nowadays, but I loved that movie so much. 

For sure. The chick is blacked out and basically gets raped, yikes. 

• Like 3

A comment on Jill’s post about Hallmark and marriage:

”We are in perilous times and I agree with you marriages totally disregarded nowadays. But I do want to speak up for the women which (there are a plethora of them including myself), that had given years to a marriage of an unfaithful man or had been living in high amounts of domestic emotional abuse and neglect. It takes two people to make a marriage, not one.  Two people who must sacrifice and give of themselves. Through the twisting of the Scriptures of a woman winning over her unbelieving husband many women are place to blame, yet their husbands are carousing around or just being destructive daily basis in the home with a hardened heart. We are living much closer to the end times, some believe we are actually in it. Growing up in a home where the parent was to pick out a spouse got very dangerous because of the heart of the parent was not safe. Our world is so far away from the truth so far away from purity. There are women who  in scripture had horrible husbands and one even had the nerve to go before King David and tell him her husband was wrong. The church has done a horrible job protecting women and children overall. Many women including myself are told to do better because better. do not recognize the man in their own building who is giving them money and helping them with projects could actually be abusive towards his wife. Many pastors are bedazzled by men because they have income and give money in the offering plate. This is a sad truth. All  relationships have conflict. It is about how you work through that conflict. The day the police officers came down my road and arrested my husband I was still not fully aware because of religious abuse of how bad of a situation I was in. There is no justification or evil and when we stand before the throne, we do not stand with our husband by our side, we stand alone accountable by ourselves. Our salvation can only be had for ourselves not for our husbands or vice versa. Even though we are supposed to be as one, we still are separate individuals. I thank you for saying the statement that you have loved ones and friends that are divorced and that you are not judging them. In my personal experience I never wanted to be divorced. I stayed for many years in deomestic violence situation and false religion kept me there. Being divorced does not solve your problems, but it does allow you to be on the path of healing from your abuse. Being divorced, not all go away, but it does stop some of the amount of personal abuse (children exchange is involved). Ideally, there would be both partners who would love one another and would go through conflict and ask forgiveness and work on steps change together there would be mercy Grace freely given ….reciprocal. 💕

• Like 2
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 9
  • Useful 1
11 minutes ago, AstridM said:

For sure. The chick is blacked out and basically gets raped, yikes. 

Not to  mention Long Duck Dong (and yes, I still hear the gong). Its weird and probably my generation that didn't quite get why so much was inappropriate with the move. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Not to  mention Long Duck Dong (and yes, I still hear the gong). Its weird and probably my generation that didn't quite get why so much was inappropriate with the move. 

I saw that actor the first time I visited LA in the mid-90s. When friends asked how the trip went, all I could say was “we saw Long Duck Dong!” 

• LOL 8
Just now, AstridM said:

I saw that actor the first time I visited LA in the mid-90s. When friends asked how the trip went, all I could say was “we saw Long Duck Dong!” 

** Gong** 

Jill and her Hallmark tirade.... she really needs to chill. You don't like it, don't watch, but apparently, she does. And Hallmark movies are hardly risque. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

A comment on Jill’s post about Hallmark and marriage:

”We are in perilous times and I agree with you marriages totally disregarded nowadays. But I do want to speak up for the women which (there are a plethora of them including myself), that had given years to a marriage of an unfaithful man or had been living in high amounts of domestic emotional abuse and neglect. It takes two people to make a marriage, not one.  Two people who must sacrifice and give of themselves. Through the twisting of the Scriptures of a woman winning over her unbelieving husband many women are place to blame, yet their husbands are carousing around or just being destructive daily basis in the home with a hardened heart. We are living much closer to the end times, some believe we are actually in it. Growing up in a home where the parent was to pick out a spouse got very dangerous because of the heart of the parent was not safe. Our world is so far away from the truth so far away from purity. There are women who  in scripture had horrible husbands and one even had the nerve to go before King David and tell him her husband was wrong. The church has done a horrible job protecting women and children overall. Many women including myself are told to do better because better. do not recognize the man in their own building who is giving them money and helping them with projects could actually be abusive towards his wife. Many pastors are bedazzled by men because they have income and give money in the offering plate. This is a sad truth. All  relationships have conflict. It is about how you work through that conflict. The day the police officers came down my road and arrested my husband I was still not fully aware because of religious abuse of how bad of a situation I was in. There is no justification or evil and when we stand before the throne, we do not stand with our husband by our side, we stand alone accountable by ourselves. Our salvation can only be had for ourselves not for our husbands or vice versa. Even though we are supposed to be as one, we still are separate individuals. I thank you for saying the statement that you have loved ones and friends that are divorced and that you are not judging them. In my personal experience I never wanted to be divorced. I stayed for many years in deomestic violence situation and false religion kept me there. Being divorced does not solve your problems, but it does allow you to be on the path of healing from your abuse. Being divorced, not all go away, but it does stop some of the amount of personal abuse (children exchange is involved). Ideally, there would be both partners who would love one another and would go through conflict and ask forgiveness and work on steps change together there would be mercy Grace freely given ….reciprocal. 💕

I get the idea that it is very, very hard for a woman to leave, however.  Bobye (however she spells it) actually left her abusive husband, I believe, and was coerced to return to him after "counseling" by the leaders of her church (men).  I think I read here that JB was possibly one of them.  Basically I think women are forced to stay in the marriage until the situation is just unbearable.  Women are to obey their headship in all things.  Girls brought up in this community are raised with the rules.  Outsiders may have their eyes opened.

• Sad 10
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope that brave friend of Jill's doesn't get blocked for making such a bold and honest post.

Jill doesn't want to hear testimony like that! If she replied, she'd probably say, "Love ya" which is meaningless. Or maybe she'll offer her a spot in her Plexus downline, since Plexus cures everything. 🙄 

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
8 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

Jill doesn't want to hear testimony like that! If she replied, she'd probably say, "Love ya" which is meaningless. Or maybe she'll offer her a spot in her Plexus downline, since Plexus cures everything. 🙄 

She replied "So sorry for all you've been through." And she liked the post. 

• Mind Blown 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope that brave friend of Jill's doesn't get blocked for making such a bold and honest post.

She “liked” the post and replied, “so sorry for all you have been through.  😔  ❤️ “.

Ooooops didn’t see @Salacious Kitty’s post!

• Like 5

Organizing for homeschooling again. She says they pretty much homeschool all year because trips they take can be “distracting”. Some finish sooner because they are “diligent” and they get to have “a pretty good summer”.

screenshot from a video:

IMG_7814.jpeg

• LOL 9
17 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Organizing for homeschooling again. She says they pretty much homeschool all year because trips they take can be “distracting”. Some finish sooner because they are “diligent” and they get to have “a pretty good summer”.

screenshot from a video:

IMG_7814.jpeg

In the video the clock on the wall behind Jill shows 11:25pm 🙄

• Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 13
  • Angry 1
28 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

"I "homeschool" all year 😴 because even though we take a dozen or more SUPER fun vacations every year, 🤪 I expect my children to finish their schoolwork alone in the RV while I am out taking selfies with my HUNK! 🥰 My time is precious, too!! 🤩 Some of my older kids finish sooner because they aren't busy teaching the younger kids, which frees up their time!! 🙄  If they DO finish sooner, they get a single-scoop ice cream cone from Meijer and a photo shoot with ME as a special treat!! 😍😇"

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

"I "homeschool" all year 😴 because even though we take a dozen or more SUPER fun vacations every year, 🤪 I expect my children to finish their schoolwork alone in the RV while I am out taking selfies with my HUNK! 🥰 My time is precious, too!! 🤩 Some of my older kids finish sooner because they aren't busy teaching the younger kids, which frees up their time!! 🙄  If they DO finish sooner, they get a single-scoop ice cream cone from Meijer and a photo shoot with ME as a special treat!! 😍😇"

📍🔛

• Like 2

1.   Admitted they take more than one "vacation" a year.   Sure some are grift tours but its not like they really work on these things, Dave whips out an old sermon, asks for money, then Jill and kids sing something they sang before and ask for money.   

2.   Its on the teacher to keep the kids working, not the kids to determine when they finish if they are diligent or not.    but that would require Jill to take responsibility for something that isn't working well.   So ya know.

• Like 17
  • Applause 3

During a 9/10 month school year schools close for a week to two weeks for Christmas, followed by a a week off in February and a week off in the spring. They also have 4 or 5 three day holiday weekends and the summer off.

School is 180 days a year. Basically half a year.

The Rods spend hours on the road which is perfect time for reading, studying, flash cards, etc. They are also home for weeks at a time. They also have evenings no matter where they are. And they have a 6 day week, leaving Sunday for church, when public school is a 5 day week. Even with the Rods' vacations and grifting tours, their kids still likely have more time for school than the average kid.

And lets be real, these kids aren't writing reports, doing research papers, doing science experiments, don't have gym class and they're not breaking out in groups for projects.

And as @merylinkid mentioned, its up to the teacher to provide a schedule and adhere to it.

• Like 17

I noticed Tessie's book had 11th grade written on it, so mama must be letting Gabriel graduate this year and Tessie next year, if the are diligent enough.

I predict Gabriel will suddenly finish early and get a job. Probably right after the winter grift tour to florida.

• Like 7
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

screenshot from a video:

IMG_7814.jpeg

They must have gone to a thrift store for these books for the photo.  I recognize that biology book.  It looks like something our bio majors or non majors used (when I used to advise bio majors).  Sure Jill.  

• Like 13
14 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

They must have gone to a thrift store for these books for the photo.  I recognize that biology book.  It looks like something our bio majors or non majors used (when I used to advise bio majors).  Sure Jill.  

I wonder how old it is? I'm guessing about 25 years. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Not one of Jill’s girls will be allowed to use mahmos wedding dress. It’s Jill’s forever. Her precious dress is for Mahmo only. 

Jill doesn’t share!!!

Did she wear it when they renewed their vows? 

• Like 2
(edited)

Jill's post is just her big FU to the "haters" who say her kids are uneducated. 

You can have all those books but not understand a thing. Jill doesn't get that. It's just "Do 3 pages today" and be done. Is their work ever checked? As if Jill is qualified to teach sciences, or anything really. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 20
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She got a new dress for the renewal. Duh. 🤪

That’s what I thought. All I can remember from that is Dave and Jill against a tree kissing.

Why are they always posting pics of themselves kissing??? That’s not very mahdest.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
11 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nah. If anything, I think she'll force Sam to propose to Brianne during the reception. 

I can see that! And then claim the reception as the engagement dinner! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I can see that! And then claim the reception as the engagement dinner! 

Absolutely.

I was thinking about how Joe proposed to Kendra at Joy's wedding. But Joy gave her permission. Would Heidi, or would Jill just spring it on the guests?

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Absolutely.

I was thinking about how Joe proposed to Kendra at Joy's wedding. But Joy gave her permission. Would Heidi, or would Jill just spring it on the guests?

No one would ask Heidi, especially Jill. And Tim would be kept in the dark too. 

I didn't like that Joe proposed at Joy's wedding but besides giving permission, Joy didn't strike as a typical bride all caught up in the "magic" of the day. Plus, would she really have said no? 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nah. If anything, I think she'll force Sam to propose to Brianne during the reception. 

That sounds about right.  She has no manners at all.  She also doesn't care about anyone's feelings except her own.  Anything to be the center of attention.  I truly hope she doesn't pull some stunt at the wedding.

• Like 15
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is probably trying to find crutches or a wheelchair so she can show up injured and need all kinds of help managing the day.

She can steal Renee's pink crutches. Imagine the flowers! 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill is probably trying to find crutches or a wheelchair so she can show up injured and need all kinds of help managing the day.

I really would not be surprised by this.  She still has time for her severe knee to act  up.

• Like 9
6 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

That sounds about right.  She has no manners at all.  She also doesn't care about anyone's feelings except her own.  Anything to be the center of attention.  I truly hope she doesn't pull some stunt at the wedding.

Didn't someone else propose at a sibling's wedding reception?  And we all thought it was inappropriate.  I can't remember which wedding.  Maybe Jingers????

• Like 1
(edited)
45 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Didn't someone else propose at a sibling's wedding reception?  And we all thought it was inappropriate.  I can't remember which wedding.  Maybe Jingers????

Joe proposed at Joy's reception. With her permission. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Useful 1

There is a video circulating allegedly of Bri being an awful person. She sure fits in with Jill’s / Dave views. 

Bri is just desperate to get married to any guy who is the right Christian… I predict a wedding next year. 

• Like 9
5 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

There is a video circulating allegedly of Bri being an awful person. She sure fits in with Jill’s / Dave views. 

Just wondering why you say it’s allegedly her? Did you watch this video you mentioned, if as you say she fits in with their views?

• Like 3