Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_6994.jpeg

IMG_6993.jpeg

IMG_6992.jpeg

Where is Gideon? 

My friend posted a video. He was on Fremont Street dancing with a giant gorilla. He looks like he is having a lot of fun. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

Jill's outfit is so sad looking. That vest looks dirty. 

I don't remember seeing her wearing that before. The vest seems an odd choice. Looks like she's wearing a fairly plain black dress (or blouse and skirt). I'd have thought she'd accessorize it with something more dressy/glam. Maybe she wanted to match her special Plexus baseball bonnet?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

I don't remember seeing her wearing that before. The vest seems an odd choice. Looks like she's wearing a fairly plain black dress (or blouse and skirt). I'd have thought she'd accessorize it with something more dressy/glam. Maybe she wanted to match her special Plexus baseball bonnet?

I think that is the case. She just looks so disheveled. 

• Like 11
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I will grant Jill this:  Jill ( or whomever made the hotel reservations) probably had no idea how far away Excalibur was.  It probably looked like a block or two to her on the map.  Unless you are told how big these buildings and  how far apart, you don’t know until you’ve seen them.   It’s going to take them forever to go back and forth. They would have been better off spending the money to stay on-site.  

Jill booked the hotel just because it was the cheapest she saw. She doesn't exactly run with a crowd who makes frequent trips to Vegas and could give her advice.

The information can be found on the internet, which Jill loves and has used to search for airbnbs, but taking an expensive trip to a desert city she would never visit otherwise and to do it in the summer is foolish. Taking an infant unnecessarily on this trip is beyond foolish. I hope this experience tarnishes the Plexus gold for her and even more for Kaylee, who really needs to free herself from this money trap. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill booked the hotel just because it was the cheapest she saw. She doesn't exactly run with a crowd who makes frequent trips to Vegas and could give her advice.

The information can be found on the internet, which Jill loves and has used to search for airbnbs, but taking an expensive trip to a desert city she would never visit otherwise and to do it in the summer is foolish. Taking an infant unnecessarily on this trip is beyond foolish. I hope this experience tarnishes the Plexus gold for her and even more for Kaylee, who really needs to free herself from this money trap. 

The sad thing is, there are so many options for hotel rooms at all price ranges.  Excalibur is relatively inexpensive and has a fair amount of stuff that would appeal to kids compared to other Vegas spots, but Gideon is too young to appreciate it anyway.  If Jill had contacted Caesar's, they would've given her tips on less expensive places close to them.  Although Caesar's is in a part of the strip where the fanciest places like the Bellagio, the Mirage and Caesar's itself are located.  There were at least half a dozen places with similar pricing to Excalibur between it and Caesars when I looked at the map.

It is quite possible to google the distance between the various hotels, that's what I did.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Notabug said:

The sad thing is, there are so many options for hotel rooms at all price ranges.  Excalibur is relatively inexpensive and has a fair amount of stuff that would appeal to kids compared to other Vegas spots, but Gideon is too young to appreciate it anyway.  If Jill had contacted Caesar's, they would've given her tips on less expensive places close to them.  Although Caesar's is in a part of the strip where the fanciest places like the Bellagio, the Mirage and Caesar's itself are located.  There were at least half a dozen places with similar pricing to Excalibur between it and Caesars when I looked at the map.

It is quite possible to google the distance between the various hotels, that's what I did.

That would mean work for her! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

I think that Plexus probably picked a couple of hotels and offered them to those who qualified for the event to stay at.  Does Plexus not pick up the tabs on the hotel rooms for these qualified "business" meetings?   If not, I do think they would still have a couple of hotels to select from in different price ranges.  I would also imagine that Plexus is providing transportation from each of the hotels that they offered.  I could be very wrong, but I would think that Plexus would offer things like this.  The high rollers in the business would stay at Caesars and those who qualify would fill up the other hotels on when they registered.  Just guessing.  Usually, big conventions will do things like this.  

Maybe there is a breastfeeding room at the convention where Kaylee can see and hear everything, but they would be in separate room?  Plexus seems to stand on family friendly principles and there are so any mom's involved that I could see them doing something like this too.  

But I have no idea myself.  Just guessing.  

• Useful 3
2 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I think that Plexus probably picked a couple of hotels and offered them to those who qualified for the event to stay at.  Does Plexus not pick up the tabs on the hotel rooms for these qualified "business" meetings?   If not, I do think they would still have a couple of hotels to select from in different price ranges.  I would also imagine that Plexus is providing transportation from each of the hotels that they offered.  I could be very wrong, but I would think that Plexus would offer things like this.  The high rollers in the business would stay at Caesars and those who qualify would fill up the other hotels on when they registered.  Just guessing.  Usually, big conventions will do things like this.  

Maybe there is a breastfeeding room at the convention where Kaylee can see and hear everything, but they would be in separate room?  Plexus seems to stand on family friendly principles and there are so any mom's involved that I could see them doing something like this too.  

I'm not sure what food they are providing as my friend posted a picture of a bunch of them out for a huge lunch. Didn't they provide food before?

As for transportation, lets keep an eye out for a plexus bus. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

No, those in attendance pay for their transport, rooms and meals.  I presume Caesar's assigned a block of rooms at a good rate for attendees, but, either Jill didn't want to pay that much or she registered too late and those rooms were booked.    Presuming this is a pretty big event, Plexus may well have gotten discount blocks at multiple hotels in Vegas at different price ranges.  That's pretty common, too. Once again, Excalibur may have had the best price or was what was available when Jill registered.  I agree that part of the registration fee for the meeting probably went to setting up a shuttle service which would probably be free for attendees.  Of course, there's a set schedule and often a route between several hotels which could make it tough to plan.  

I've attended a lot of national meetings for ACOG, my professional organization, including in Vegas.  Those were so huge that they booked the convention center to get enough space and there was free shuttle service between the hotels and the meeting during daytime hours.

'm not sure what food they are providing as my friend posted a picture of a bunch of them out for a huge lunch. Didn't they provide food before?

I expect they might provide coffee, water, maybe soft drinks at the meetings and maybe some breakfast pastry or fruit or power bars.  I don't think they have regular meals available for the rank and file attendees although the bigwigs probably have a hospitality suite with catered food.

At other things Jill has attended, there have been some dinners on various evenings.  In addition to having to be specifically invited, I think those who attend have to pay for the meal.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Notabug said:

No, those in attendance pay for their transport, rooms and meals.  I presume Caesar's assigned a block of rooms at a good rate for attendees, but, either Jill didn't want to pay that much or she registered too late and those rooms were booked.    Presuming this is a pretty big event, Plexus may well have gotten discount blocks at multiple hotels in Vegas at different price ranges.  That's pretty common, too. Once again, Excalibur may have had the best price or was what was available when Jill registered.  I agree that part of the registration fee for the meeting probably went to setting up a shuttle service which would probably be free for attendees.  Of course, there's a set schedule and often a route between several hotels which could make it tough to plan.  

I've attended a lot of national meetings for ACOG, my professional organization, including in Vegas.  Those were so huge that they booked the convention center to get enough space and there was free shuttle service between the hotels and the meeting during daytime hours.

I wonder if Jill wasn't willing to pay the transport fee and figured they could just "walk it". Or Jonathan paid. 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

So not only do you have to buy a set amount of crap each month from Plexus, you have to pay for the honor of attending their convention to learn how to sell more of the crap.

Jill won't feed her kids but she has money to go to a convention in a city that is 100% based on everything she allegedly despises.

That is it in a nutshell. Now my friend who is in it has not kids and has a partner that works. They do not seem poor. I guess if you like it, go for it.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Notabug said:

I expect they might provide coffee, water, maybe soft drinks at the meetings and maybe some breakfast pastry or fruit or power bars.  I don't think they have regular meals available for the rank and file attendees although the bigwigs probably have a hospitality suite with catered food.

At other things Jill has attended, there have been some dinners on various evenings.  In addition to having to be specifically invited, I think those who attend have to pay for the meal.

Thanks for all the info.  Before my husband became self-employed we attended conventions for his profession and that is where I got my ideas from.  But it was many years ago.  Jill and Kaleighgirl had to shell out a lot of money to attend this convention.  Flight, hotel, food etc.  

• Like 6
1 minute ago, ranchgirl said:

Thanks for all the info.  Before my husband became self-employed we attended conventions for his profession and that is where I got my ideas from.  But it was many years ago.  Jill and Kaleighgirl had to shell out a lot of money to attend this convention.  Flight, hotel, food etc.  

I wonder if they have to pay for Gideon at the hotel or do infants stay free? 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ranchgirl said:

There were two hotels designated for the attendees. The Excalibur wasn't one of them. They must have been too expensive for Jill and Kaylee. As I understood it, the Excalibur is basically at the other end of the strip and too far to hoof it in the heat, especially with a baby. So they're also paying for transportation. 

But Jill is swanning, so worth it, I guess. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There were two hotels designated for the attendees. The Excalibur wasn't one of them. They must have been too expensive for Jill and Kaylee. As I understood it, the Excalibur is basically at the other end of the strip and too far to hoof it in the heat, especially with a baby. So they're also paying for transportation. 

But Jill is swanning, so worth it, I guess. 

If she couldn't afford the two hotels and chose the cheaper option, I don't see her paying for a cab. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

In 100 degree heat, I don't see them walking that far. 

I would hope not, but this is Jill. I think they will ride the monorail. One day unlimited pass is $15. If they take a cab, it will probably cost more and take a lot longer. Traffic does not move on the strip. 

ETA -- maybe a cab would be cheaper. I honestly am not familiar as we rode the monorail, which took no time at all. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I would hope not, but this is Jill. I think they will ride the monorail. One day unlimited pass is $15. If they take a cab, it will probably cost more and take a lot longer. Traffic does not move on the strip. 

I was thinking along this same train of thought. There is still some walking involved with taking the monorail, but not nearly as much as the hike from Excalibur to Caesars. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I was thinking along this same train of thought. There is still some walking involved with taking the monorail, but not nearly as much as the hike from Excalibur to Caesars. 

I mentioned a cab might be cheaper, but I'm not sure. If it is sitting there in traffic for ages, don't you get charged more? She could do Uber, but what if it is some blue haired lesbian driving her??? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 3
(edited)

The convention isn't at Caesars Palace, it's at the Caesars Forum which is a conference center (amont other things). It is not a hotel itself though. The preferred hotels for the convention were Harrah's or Linq which are both close to the Forum. They were only 125 ot 129 per night through the Plexus reservation system. So that was either too much for Jill, or she didn't book soon enough to get that rate, or she didn't know about the deal. Who knows. 

https://helpcenter.plexusworldwide.com/hc/en-us/articles/16524168904091-Velocity-Convention-2024

Excalibur is not close to Caesars Forum either, so she would have to cab or use public transport, assuming they didn't rent a car. 

Edited by all fall down
  • Useful 11
Just now, libgirl2 said:

I mentioned a cab might be cheaper, but I'm not sure. If it is sitting there in traffic for ages, don't you get charged more? 

Probably. Charging per mile wouldn't make them that much if they just mainly go from hotel to hotel on the Strip. 

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Probably. Charging per mile wouldn't make them that much if they just mainly go from hotel to hotel on the Strip. 

And it takes them a half hour to go a quarter of a mile. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1

They're not disheveled enough to have walked in the heat, so they either cabbed or took the tram.  The Forum (I wasn't aware that was different than the Palace--thanks for the info!) is actually closer to the tram, and if they are smart they would walk through the hotels for the air conditioning.  

But this being Jill, I'll bet money they took a cab.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

For a woman who enjoys calling everyone else godless sinners Jill doesn’t mind going to a convention in a town nicknamed “sin city”. 

She posted something about it not being fair that Vegas was known as Sin City. Of course, that was when she first arrived, so she hadn't been exposed to much beyond the airport slots. Let's see how her opinion changes by tomorrow. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
9 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

For a woman who enjoys calling everyone else godless sinners Jill doesn’t mind going to a convention in a town nicknamed “sin city”. 

And while there, contributing to the evil city’s booming economy!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill looks the frumpiest out of all the people in all the pics she posted. 

Kaylee is Jill 2.0 down to opening her mouth real wide for no reason.

She just looks so bad. I have seen the pics my friend has posted and everyone looks great. Perfect for a hot and fun day in LV. Meanwhile, Jill is going fishing. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 3
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

If she couldn't afford the two hotels and chose the cheaper option, I don't see her paying for a cab. 

Jon is paying 100% of cabs. 

And food…

• Like 3
  • Sad 6
1 minute ago, oliviabenson said:

Jon is paying 100% of cabs. 

And food…

That is probably why Jill selected Kaylee to come along and left David behind. Sure Kaylee is in plexus, but she is pretty small potatoes (smaller than Jill). If David came along the $$ would fall just on them. 

• Like 6

Well I’m disappointed by Jill’s outfits. No white boots or the pink hat or any gold tight mother of the bride dress with hooker heels. 

Instead we get a Jill who looks like she is homeless and hasn’t bathed in a week. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I'm sure she isn't aware that prostitution is legal in most counties in NV, but you have to go to approved brothels.  It is not legal in Clark County (Las Vegas) or Washoe County (Reno), so I'm guessing that there is street and hotel activity in LV.  There are a couple more counties where it is illegal, but I don't know which ones.  It is legal in my county, as is carrying open liquor in public and unconcealed firearms.  I haven't seen anyone walking down the street with a rifle, but I have seen guys with a handgun in their back pocket with their shirt tucked carefully so the gun is not covered.  Unless you have a concealed carry permit, it is a felony to have your gun covered.  But out in the open is fine.  And visible in your car.

Edited by CalicoKitty
extra word
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 8

Jill wept!😆

IMG_9360.png

Does she think most of her followers are as stupid as she is and didn’t know that there were mountains around Vegas? 😆

IMG_9361.png

Lab coats, really? 🤣

IMG_9362.png

• LOL 11
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Goldfinger is tonight! Can't wait to see her getup for that. Unfortunately, she's posting at midnight PT, so you east coasters will see her look in the morning before I'm awake. 🤪

Darn, I am so looking forward to it. Why isn't she posting anything now? Are they sight seeing? Or did "Sin City" for her to stay in her room, clutching her Bible? 

• Like 3

Where’s Gideon?  I know he went but in the last few pics, it was just Kaylee and Jill.  Not even a car seat or stroller in sight. 

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Where’s Gideon?  I know he went but in the last few pics, it was just Kaylee and Jill.  Not even a car seat or stroller in sight. 

Worries are they left him back in the room. I think they handed him off to someone. I just hope it is someone they can trust if that is the case. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

Well, we all know she won’t stay at the Goldfinger event long because there will be heathen music and *gasp* alcohol. So probably just for a photo op and then hoofing it back to her room for Bible time.

• Like 9
54 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

The lab coats were hilarious. And a tiny shot of slim tea… too bad it wasn’t spiked!

I  know, like it is all so medical 🙄

• LOL 8
12 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Well, we all know she won’t stay at the Goldfinger event long because there will be heathen music and *gasp* alcohol. So probably just for a photo op and then hoofing it back to her room for Bible time.

The itinerary is posted online and every evening’s parties contained alcohol and dancing. I think at least one evening was open to everyone.  I expect they have spent every evening  in the room or taking a walk ( if the temps have cooled down).  Of course, even a walk would expose them to alcohol and other vices. Do you think she’s ever going to figure out that the Plexus management aren’t as  conservative as she implies? 

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

Jill should be careful with her mother-of-the-graduate dress if she took it with her.  She could be mistaken for a lady of the night and get booked into the Clark County Detention Center.  There's a show that aired in the mid-200s called "Jail", and a ton of their shows revolve around CCDC.  You can find episodes on YT. 

PS:  Happy Birthday, @Salacious Kitty🎂 

• LOL 9
(edited)

Kaylee actually has legs- who knew? And as usual… what the $&@“ is Jill wearing?  It’s a 100 degrees.  Also- we suddenly don’t want Gideon’s face shown? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 11
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

IMG_6998.jpeg

IMG_6999.jpeg

IMG_7001.jpeg

What are they exploring? At least Kaylee is dressed appropriately for the weather. And that is some leg showing! Good for her, she looks nice. Jill does not. Long sleeves, skirt down to the floor. 

2 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Kaylee actually has legs- who knew? And as usual… what the $&@“ is Jill wearing?  It’s a 100 degrees.  Also- we suddenly don’t want Gideon’s face shown? 

Kaylee could ditch the tee and slip thing but she still looks nice. 

• Like 8