Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Nurie and Nathan announced at the family thanksgiving at the Barndo.

From Jill's fb stories today we get Olivia and Sadie providing the child labor to stuff envelopes and label mailings for Jill's Ladies Retreat.

Screenshot (549).png

• Like 1
  • Sad 9
49 minutes ago, questionfear said:

5? Is Nurie pregnant again?

I’m exhausted on Nurie’s behalf, but I can admit she looks genuinely happy with her husband and children. Some women have very easy pregnancies and can have stair step kids with as little stress as possible. 

• Like 9
18 hours ago, crazy8s said:

At the end of Jill's christmas videos in her stories on fb there are 2 other videos of Jill opening a mysterious package she just had no idea what it could be. (I laugh because surely the return address showed it was from plexus)

Anyway it is her invite to the Punta Cana leader's trip. She works for "the best company ever" and "they spoil their people so much" 🙄

She makes no comment whether she intends to go or not.

Screenshot (545).png

Screenshot (546).png

Screenshot (548).png

Either commit 100% to being holier-than-thou or stop doing it altogether.  If you proclaim to be so against alcohol, don't use a song in your modeling video written by a man who wrote a love song about a margarita.  This drives me nuts.  

Did that coverup come from Plexus too?  Since we all know that if Jill does get anywhere near a body of water, she's going to be dressed from head to toe in layers while judging anyone who doesn't wear leggings and a Sweatblouse™ into a pool, so what's the point of showing us at all?

I also cannot wait to find out the excuse she gives for not attending this time around.

• Like 9
  • Applause 12
22 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I hope the cookies went into the trash. The Rods are not very good cooks or have any sense of hyigene I can't imagine the cookies are any good. 

I was yelling, “Don’t eat them!  Please don’t eat them!!”

• Applause 1
  • LOL 13
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Either commit 100% to being holier-than-thou or stop doing it altogether.  If you proclaim to be so against alcohol, don't use a song in your modeling video written by a man who wrote a love song about a margarita.  This drives me nuts.  

Did that coverup come from Plexus too?  Since we all know that if Jill does get anywhere near a body of water, she's going to be dressed from head to toe in layers while judging anyone who doesn't wear leggings and a Sweatblouse™ into a pool, so what's the point of showing us at all?

I also cannot wait to find out the excuse she gives for not attending this time around.

I think she’ll go this time.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
3 hours ago, crazy8s said:

Nurie and Nathan announced at the family thanksgiving at the Barndo.

From Jill's fb stories today we get Olivia and Sadie providing the child labor to stuff envelopes and label mailings for Jill's Ladies Retreat.

Screenshot (549).png

Nurie is pregnant again?????!!!!????

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
4 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

The little boys have nice smiles in the picture.  Interesting how they always look terrorized when BME is around to take their picture.

For a woman with 13 children, she talks to babies and young kids in such a shrieky, ridiculous tone of voice! You would think she'd have learned a different approach after all these years!

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Jill taking credit for someone else's work makes more sense then her doing the work.  

I think the Rod family might have actually made those cookies.

She’s been wearing a lot of tight clothing lately.  What’s that about?

• LOL 4
30 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

For a woman with 13 children, she talks to babies and young kids in such a shrieky, ridiculous tone of voice! You would think she'd have learned a different approach after all these years!

She’s a nut job, plain and simple.  I think she was probably born that way.

Edited by farmgal4
  • Like 1
  • Applause 7
4 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

I think Jill is going to DR using the ladies retreat $.

How much do you think she makes from the retreat? The Plexus trip is before “The Joyful Sisters' Annual Ladies' Retreat”.

• Mind Blown 3
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

On all of her posts bragging about her invite to this upcoming trip, does NO ONE simply ask her if she’s planning on going?

On her Facebook the comments are congratulations, you deserve a luxury trip, awesome, etc.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 9
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, AstridM said:

I thought someone had reported that she also posted it on her FB page. 

She only posted on her main page about Punta Cana once, on 12/4. She's posted multiple times since in her stories. She seems to post very little about Plexus on her main page.

• Useful 1

I'll add my vote to Jill and Hunk take Punta Cana. She embarrassed herself with the cruise fiasco, and she won't let that happen again. 

I hope one of her fans asks her how she can afford this trip. The Christmas photo of Phillip and how he had gained weight and filled out just by going away to Bible school should shame her. Since she only thinks about herself, I doubt she has even connected Phil's new look to his access to regular meals. 

• Like 16
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

In Kaylee's recent video of Gideon receiving books at the Hill family gathering, Kaylee uses that same super high pitched voice. "oh you got some books"

In the christmas present videos at the barndo, Renee is taking the video while waiting for Jill and David to drag Tessie's bike from the upstairs attic and both girls talk in normal voice. The very second Jill appears they both switch to the high pitch fawning "oh that is so nice" etc. (It is a 24" bike sold at walmart - more suited to Olivia or Sadie)

With Jill's amount of makeup and the high pitched voice I think any child would find circus clowns a safer option.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 12
  • Applause 7
24 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

I'll add my vote to Jill and Hunk take Punta Cana

I'm going to need this to be a 3-part special on TLC, but only if the resulting paycheck comes in the form of an Aldi gift card in Renee's name so she can feed her siblings.

• Like 7
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Her poor grandkids are freaked out by her! Their eyes bug out of their head every time they see/hear Jill.

• Like 8
32 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I looked up Nathan's church in Seville, FL. The site said "Permanently Closed". What's up? Is it closed? If so, what church is he pastor of?

I've searched the church before. Nathan seems vehemently opposed to social media, even for his church. Sad, because it could put butts in the pews. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 6
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

FA21E30F-3177-4CCB-B62D-D3C8BBBAEDDE.jpeg

If a lady really asked Jill that question, it was likely someone who has been fooled by Jill's ample use of filters, not someone who met her in real life. Yeah, she's aging. She only thinks she looks as young as her daughters. 

• Like 20
  • LOL 3

On IG, Jill recorded basically an entire church service/concert given by Timothy and Hosanna Noble.  Hosanna is, I'm pretty sure, the one Plath sibling who refused to be on Welcome to Plathville.  I'm sure Jill posted this 6-part video to make sure we all know that she's connected to another "famous" family while she waits patiently for TLC to finally give her and her family their own tv show.  It also looks like Jill was front and center for this concert, which makes me wonder if Hosanna was cool with having a phone pointed at her for the duration.

I also wonder if Jill clocked that this is what actual talent sounds like, or was she sitting there thinking that her circus performers are way better than these two?

• Like 3
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

Jill believes she is a supremely talented musician. So far the oldest kids carry the show. I don’t see the youngest 4-5 playing instruments they “sing” only.

Janessa would have to put her rag down to play an instrument. I wonder if Jill is even trying to teach the younger girls to play instruments. She’s much too busy with her Plexus these days.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

I have no idea if the older children had any musical training with an actual teacher, but the younger children have certainly had none. Jill has mentioned they watch youtube videos to learn. She has stated, and shown, they "sit in on orchestra practice at church to learn how to play". She hasn't filmed the "orchestra" in a while, so I wonder if they had issues there.

But it seems this is another case of younger children get older sibling instruction just like home schooling. If Renee has been teaching Hannah violin, it has been a fail. Same if Samuel is supposed to be teaching Olivia guitar. Tessie is obviously self taught on the clarinet. Sadie has been recently shown playing piano and got a small toy keyboard thing for Christmas.

Janessa and Sofia barely even sing when they are on the grift stages. Lots of aggravating each other by nudging and pushing, lots of thumb sucking and the sucking on the ever present rag. They are little and shouldn't be up there anyway but mama needs the number of waif children as high as possible for the grift.

• Like 7
  • Sad 7
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Janessa and Sofia barely even sing when they are on the grift stages. Lots of aggravating each other by nudging and pushing, lots of thumb sucking and the sucking on the ever present rag. They are little and shouldn't be up there anyway but mama needs the number of waif children as high as possible for the grift.

Yes, sadly, their job is to look forlorn, poorly clothed and underfed all for donations. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 14
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

On IG, Jill recorded basically an entire church service/concert given by Timothy and Hosanna Noble.  Hosanna is, I'm pretty sure, the one Plath sibling who refused to be on Welcome to Plathville.  I'm sure Jill posted this 6-part video to make sure we all know that she's connected to another "famous" family while she waits patiently for TLC to finally give her and her family their own tv show.  It also looks like Jill was front and center for this concert, which makes me wonder if Hosanna was cool with having a phone pointed at her for the duration.

I also wonder if Jill clocked that this is what actual talent sounds like, or was she sitting there thinking that her circus performers are way better than these two?

.This is what she posted:

A11E593F-38AE-456A-962C-5D0814298CB6.jpeg

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

That sounds like its aimed at Hosanna's mom, who is now an alcohol drinking divorcee. 

Kim was at Nurie's first baby shower. I don't think she's been seen in Jill's feed since.

Jill tried to set up Nurie with oldest son Ethan. Now he's getting divorced and returning to the fundie fold, maybe Jill will try again with Renee. 

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
4 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Kim was at Nurie's first baby shower. I don't think she's been seen in Jill's feed since.

Jill tried to set up Nurie with oldest son Ethan. Now he's getting divorced and returning to the fundie fold, maybe Jill will try again with Renee. 

Oh gosh, no. JillR will pay no mind to Kim now, unless its to shame her, like posting how Jill spends time with Hosanna and Kim doesn't.

Would that be allowed? Ethan has had "sexual fornication" and drinks alcohol.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4