Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

You can wear bright colors and still be covered up.   Well yes, because the colors do not determine how covered you are.   

Suuuure the buffets are free.   How much plexus had to be bought for the "free" buffet.   

And how much was the airfare for 2 to the DR? For a short 3 day trip.

• Like 9
  • Applause 4

So I’m kind of confused, though I probably already know the answer to my question. Did anyone see what the cost was for this trip, not including airfare?  Their resort website says that a junior suite (lowest rank room) is around $300/night.  I’m imagining Plexus didn’t pay the whole stay (if at all) so this was an absolutely helluva expensive thing to do. Add in airfare for both of them and new outfits for both, I’m imagining this little sojourn cost the Rods around $2,000 or $3,000.  While the Stinkbus is about to wheeze its last and the kids are underfed, hollow-eyed and raggedy. Even if Plexus paid for room and board, it’s still a huge expense with airfare, new makeup/jewelry etc. and it’s one they should have passed on. 
oh—I also found the list of excursions and costs. Nothing under $100/person.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 6
16 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

His hands are always covered in dirt and his pants are always dirty. I don’t think he bathes much tbh. Sweetly grunting hunk indeed.

I honestly don’t know how she can stand for him to touch her.  Just thinking about it makes me nauseous. 🤢 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 2/17/2024 at 9:52 AM, oliviabenson said:

17E14665-9912-4BCB-9324-B1E162F2E0BB.jpeg

🙄🙄🙄

What a Jill 2.0 praising her Hunk 2.0.

Did y’all see Jonathan and Kaylee feeding poor little Gideon lemons and lemonade?  They’re both sadistic assholes.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 7
  • Sad 14
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Did y’all see Jonathan and Kaylee feeding poor little Gideon lemons and lemonade?  They’re both sadistic assholes.

I will say this sadly seems sort of a common thing to do and post. I have seen videos of my grands, and the grands of friends, sitting in highchairs at a restaurant being given lemons. It makes me so sad their parents find this amusing.

I will say the kids I have seen with the lemons are older than 7mos. Son and DIL film a child eating/reacting to lemons, but me giving the same kids a drop of soda from a straw was reacted to as the worst thing ever.🙄🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 14
46 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

So I’m kind of confused, though I probably already know the answer to my question. Did anyone see what the cost was for this trip, not including airfare?  Their resort website says that a junior suite (lowest rank room) is around $300/night.  I’m imagining Plexus didn’t pay the whole stay (if at all) so this was an absolutely helluva expensive thing to do. Add in airfare for both of them and new outfits for both, I’m imagining this little sojourn cost the Rods around $2,000 or $3,000.  While the Stinkbus is about to wheeze its last and the kids are underfed, hollow-eyed and raggedy. Even if Plexus paid for room and board, it’s still a huge expense with airfare, new makeup/jewelry etc. and it’s one they should have passed on. 

It's hard to know how much of the trip Plexus covered. The amount is based on a complicated earned-credits formula. We don't know how many credits Jill has.

However, it seems to me that just getting the invitation assures a free room for the Plexer and a guest. I suspect the buffets are part of that package. I doubt Jill is high enough in the pink drink chain to get free flights for two and free island excursions. Her welcome package didn't exactly scream VIP. One hint will be to see if she makes it to the invitation-only formal (as opposed to the nice) party at the end. The Sister Wives will get invitations to the best party, and Jill isn't in their league.

This is a three-night trip, so it's not as if she and Hunk are going to be there for a long vacation. I think the cruise would have been more expensive, and Jill didn't make that trip. That must have been an embarrassment for her, and she was determined to get to Punta Cana, stink bus repairs and empty kitchen pantry be damned.

I'm here for the fashion show. The first outfit did not disappoint.

• Like 12

Oh, good. We got a bovine-patterned beach outfit @crazy8s. Jill bought a whole new wardrobe for this trip.

Gracious and glorious Jill, a beacon for humanity. This is the woman who didn't want to give a ride to a fellow church member because Jill considered the woman to be of lower status. Now, she wants to pour her love and care into all of us.  🤮

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10

Dear Unmarried Adult Rod kids,

Here is your chance to break away. Mom and Dad cannot legally make you go back to the Barndo. Take some initiative. Get jobs bagging groceries or slinging fast food and go in together on a rental. Enjoy some small freedoms and build a life!

• Like 11
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
(edited)
50 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Oh, good. We got a bovine-patterned beach outfit @crazy8s. Jill bought a whole new wardrobe for this trip.

Gracious and glorious Jill, a beacon for humanity. This is the woman who didn't want to give a ride to a fellow church member because Jill considered the woman to be of lower status. Now, she wants to pour her love and care into all of us.  🤮

Of course she bought new clothes for this trip, money grifted. And meanwhile, her children go hungry. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 2
  • Sad 12
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Of course she bought new clothes for this trip, money grifted. And meanwhile, her children go hungry. 

She can give a slide show about this trip to the ladies at her March retreat. The surcharge on their registration fees this year helped pay for the airfares and the new clothes. Those retreat ladies really wanted to pour into Jill. 

Since she won't bring home any gifts for her kids, I hope the vendors on the beaches soak her for everything she greedily buys for herself.

• Like 16
14 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Jill's oh so mahdest ensemble for opening night. I don't know how she walks in that skirt.

Screenshot_20240217-200608.png.c887ca607e3594072685d105da73b82d.png

I'm wondering how she uses the bathroom in that thing.  I can't imagine trying to pull it up or down.  It looks like it's gonna blow any minute.

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

Jill can certainly style some butt ugly outfits. Even if the pink shroud/skirt was larger (you know, something she can actually walk or sit in) the shoes (which are probably new) are too casual for her “fancy modest” ensemble. I sincerely hope the other people at this “gathering” don’t dress as dowdy (dowdily?) as Jill. 
Maybe she borrowed the pink skirt from one of her daughters. 

• LOL 7

I wonder if Dave is going to wear his new pair of pants for the entire trip. His shirt in this pic from the Red Caboose motel and Restaurant in PA was a $35.

Screenshot (585).png

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

This is a slide from Jill's training. Not sure where they were going with it, but wow, does Jill see her kids in this?

image.png.48f2d3b22cf1f4185d5c41035839657b.png

They were bragging that every product they sell provides x number of meals to the hungry. A couple of organizations were named, never heard of them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

She can give a slide show about this trip to the ladies at her March retreat. The surcharge on their registration fees this year helped pay for the airfares and the new clothes. Those retreat ladies really wanted to pour into Jill. 

Since she won't bring home any gifts for her kids, I hope the vendors on the beaches soak her for everything she greedily buys for herself.

You have to be savvy and know haggling. Many years ago at Punta Cana resort, they brought in vendors to sell to the tourists. One guy had a necklace for like 500 pesos. I told him, I saw the same thing for half the price on el conde which is the outdoor mall in Santo Domingo. He dismissed me. I didn't buy. And yes it was cheaper in SD. 

All those plexus people are going to get taken because the locals know the gringos don't know any better. Jill will over pay, mostly for cheap crap. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
13 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

They were bragging that every product they sell provides x number of meals to the hungry. A couple of organizations were named, never heard of them. 

From the Plexus page

Nourish One

Why Nourish One

Lean and Reset

With Nourish One, people can purchase products while helping children and families facing hunger. Through the Nourish One Initiative and Plexus' partnership with Feeding America, a monetary donation equivalent to 10 meals** is made for every purchase of Plexus Lean™ and 3 meals** for every purchase of Reset. To date, over 40 million meals** have been donated globally, with a target goal of 45 million by the end of 2024.

**Every Plexus Lean sold contributes a donation equivalent to 10 meals and every Plexus Reset sold contributes a donation equivalent to 3 meals to Feeding America®, helping to provide at least 5 million meals annually. $1 helps provide at least 10 meals secured by Feeding America® on behalf of local partner food banks.

• Like 1
  • Useful 7

At least the cow outfit is roomy plenty of space for 5-6 meals a day.

yeah guess Dave only packed 1 pair of pants lol. Let’s hope he changes his underwear daily.

Or maybe he brought 1 pair of underwear too lol

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 3
28 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

At least the cow outfit is roomy plenty of space for 5-6 meals a day.

yeah guess Dave only packed 1 pair of pants lol. Let’s hope he changes his underwear daily.

Or maybe he brought 1 pair of underwear too lol

Well, those two big bags he was towing around were barely enough room for Jill's ensembles, including makeup and tacky accessories. 😀

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

Its hot and humid.

Yup. I just checked the weather out of curiosity. With the humidity factored, real feel is 89. No wonder her hair looks like a limp dishrag. 😂

2 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Someone upthread called it…. About the hat… I can’t breathe. Im SEVERLY laughing. 

IMG_8029.jpeg

She had to do something about her hair. What will happen at dinner?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yup. I just checked the weather out of curiosity. With the humidity factored, real feel is 89. No wonder her hair looks like a limp dishrag. 😂

She had to do something about her hair. What will happen at dinner?

Up in one of her baseball caps 🤣🤣🤣🤣. By the end of this trip she might as well just cut it off. 

• LOL 4

Any pics in that hat and her making ridiculous faces? Like sticking out her tongue or scrunching up her face, crossing her eyes etc?

She can hide snacks in that hat for later lol

1 minute ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

Up in one of her baseball caps 🤣🤣🤣🤣. By the end of this trip she might as well just cut it off. 

Baseball bonnets 🥴😉

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
(edited)
58 minutes ago, oliviabenson said:

This trip is like Christmas to me. My my… so much to snark on.

Dave looks so out of it in the pictures. Is he ok? He really should stay indoors and drink water and rest.

It is like Christmas, and Jill is delivering like the best Santa ever.

Jill is not going sightseeing without David, no matter how hot and uncomfortable he might be. Remember the time she dragged her sick kids out of the stink bus to tour the Andy Griffith museum with her?  If Jill want to walk around, everybody has to walk with her.  I just hope she isn't making sweaty Davy drink Pink Plexus, which is probably a diuretic.

That cheap hat has wilted on Jill's damp head. She looks like Gilligan on a three-hour tour.

Edited by BradandJanet
spelling
  • Like 2
  • LOL 13
5 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Does she want my honest opinion?

That hat is a sad looking POS. I believe I said we would see her in it in a lot of pictures. 

1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Jill on a tropical island wearing her new hat.

images.jpg

Gilligan wore it better. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
9 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

The room and most meals (at the hotel buffets) are included. 

The list of what was included is on this page - https://www.plexusevents.com/faqs

Jill and David had to pay for airfare, but they did save by flying from Florida rather than Ohio (although, they did have to pay for the gas to drive to Florida, so who knows how much they really saved). They will also have to pay for some of the excursions if they choose to do them, and any sweatblouses they buy for themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

You just know she walked around with that hat folded up in her pocketbook, waiting to yank it out and put it on if any other Boss Babes were wearing them. Yet they all were probably wearing the trendy wide rimmed sun hats or... baseball bonnets.

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

You just know she walked around with that hat folded up in her pocketbook, waiting to yank it out and put it on if any other Boss Babes were wearing them. Yet they all were probably wearing the trendy wide rimmed sun hats or... baseball bonnets.

Nah, she went back to her room, braided her hair, and put on the bonnet. 

• LOL 1

Maybe the cost of gas to Florida was included in the delivery fee for the smiley brochures. Otherwise, couldn’t they have just shipped them? 

( I also think everyone looks stupid in a bucket hat.)

• Like 9

They would have driven to florida with or without the Plexus trip since they always travel to florida for a grift tour every year at this time.

When Jill and Dave get back they will make the rounds at the usual grift stops. Port St Lucie, Fort Pierce, etc Then a few stops on the way back.

Jill posted their first florida grift stop last year on Feb 7 and their last night in Fla March 3rd.

• Like 5
  • Useful 6
2 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I think they spent even more $ driving to FL than directly flying from OH to DR. But Jill had to have an extra vacation before the DR trip… 

D and J do love vacationing! 

Driving to AND from Florida.

• Like 3