Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Glamazonian Airways

• Start Topic

I was doing the same. Alas.

I finally did get to watch Untucked though... I no longer feel weird for loving Pearl. I am an official Pearl Girl now! I liked the moment between her and Ginger. It's rare to see a queen actually say 'I didn't get your drag or even consider it viable at first but, damn, you have got it going on!' I did like her comment about Pearl's 'resting bitch face' and Pearl just saying 'It's natural!'

And Ginger was right about Pearl's tit-painting. It is stellar!

• Love 3

I like Pearl, though I feel along with Max he's kind of being sidelined right now for the more bitchy queens, of which at least Miss Fame is likely to be gone soon(seriously, if they pop your sob story in the second episode you might as well pack your heels already). I would be seriously happy if the next few episodes poached some young nasty skinny bitch off the show, since it's a bit overloaded at this point and Violet Chachki by herself is a bit more nasty than i want to handle.

In episode 1, even though I liked Max's look, I didn't like the lack of eye makeup. I feel like this is necessary to really transform the face from boy. However, episode 2, I appreciated it slightly more when I could see Max pulling off more of a Jennifer Garner face.

OK, so after this episode, I love Ginger as well as Katya (maybe even more, but I hope K recovers from the monologue problem - she certainly redeemed herself in the lipsynch).  And after watching untucked, Max, and surprisingly, Pearl, are growing on me.

• Love 1

Loving Ginger, Trixie and Pearl.  

I must say that the last few minutes of Untucked are the saddest.  Watching the queens sashay away (or in fact, just being led down a dim corridor by someone wearing cans who is clearly not paying any attention to them at all) WHILST you can hear Ru condragulating the remaining girls and the music playing?  Sooooooo fucking sad.  I get that it's been like that for everyone who loses and they've all gone through it but to actually watch it happen?  OUCH.  And then watching her pack and drive away with her eighteen suitcases . . . yowza . . . 

Also, that whole '12 Queens Remain' title card at the end is a little bit Hunger Games . . . right??

And yeah - is Ru just not saying 'can I get an amen' at all anymore?

• Love 3

I don't get Logo in Canada but I've seen the Fashion Photo Ruview on the World of Wonder site. Both episodes are recapped there.

Yeah the fashion Ruview is up with Raja & Raven but still no audio commentary with 2 queens.  Nuts =(

I must say that the last few minutes of Untucked are the saddest.  Watching the queens sashay away (or in fact, just being led down a dim corridor by someone wearing cans who is clearly not paying any attention to them at all) WHILST you can hear Ru condragulating the remaining girls and the music playing?  Sooooooo fucking sad.  I get that it's been like that for everyone who loses and they've all gone through it but to actually watch it happen?  OUCH.  And then watching her pack and drive away with her eighteen suitcases . . . yowza . . .

I've noticed that as well, the exit seems to be a little more dramatic and depressing.  It's gonna be real tuff to watch when a queen I actually like sashays away.  That getting in the van bit is a little weird.  It seems like they are just gonna be dropped off the face of the earth when in reality they are simply being driven back to the hotel to be sequestered just like everyone else.

• Love 1

Loving Ginger, Trixie and Pearl.  

Also, that whole '12 Queens Remain' title card at the end is a little bit Hunger Games . . . right??

And yeah - is Ru just not saying 'can I get an amen' at all anymore?

Drag Race mixed with Hunger Games sounds awesome. Except for the whole dying part, but other than that! Imagine the outfits.

I love Pearl. Se reminds me of the whole grunge/fashion aesthetic and attitude that was so prevalent in the '90s. Funny, because she's way too young (22?) to have experienced the 90s. She's also been nice to everyone so that's always a huge plus.

Ginger is also amazing. Totally won over my respect with Untucked and this challenge win.

I love Violet's looks, I just don't like her personality as a boy. Too bad because she's giving me full on model- as is Miss Fame of course.

Trixxie- love the hell out of her personality. Like Ginger, I have trouble understanding her. When she said that she wanted to look like a children's toy that helped me to sort of get it. Thought it was cute that she dressed as a naked Barbie,  but he midsection looked much bigger than it really is there. For her Judy Jetson look, I didn't get it until it was explained to me. I think that she represents a very important style of drag and that she pulls it off very well.

Jazzmine is crazy. Is she going to blame marijuana withdrawals?

• Love 1

To me, Trixie's last name instantly explains the aesthetic she's going for. Mattel is a toy company that makes Barbies and stuff. But I guess that's not as commonly known as I thought it would be, especially with drag queens who seem to reference popular culture pretty often. I think maybe it's just something like what another poster said, that "not understanding your look" is just bullshit for, "I want to make it seem like it's your fault that I don't like your look."

• Love 10

Wasn't there a Trixie doll, too? I actually just Googled "Trixie Barbie doll" and got pictures of a fierce bitch with an awesome brunette bob who looks like she probably smokes and does the Charleston at speakeasies.

Yeah, Mattel was the giveaway for me. Well, that and the overdone face. I can't be the only girl who had one of those giant Barbie heads as a kid where you put on makeup and did her hair. Yes, five year old me did some horrifying makeovers before I got sick of the whole thing and went back to playing with my model horses.

I think maybe it's just something like what another poster said, that "not understanding your look" is just bullshit for, "I want to make it seem like it's your fault that I don't like your look."

It's why I appreciated Ginger's talk with Pearl so much. When she was saying that at first sight she didn't think she'd 'find much validity' in Pearl's drag and immediately said she didn't mean that like it came out but then admitted that Pearl's look was really interesting and inspiring. I don't even find Pearl's style particularly subversive or anything. She said she does a weird mix of old meets new and that's actually very apparent in her look... Trixie taking the Barbie look to a grotesque extreme strikes me as pretty obvious, too. A lot of the girls are going to hate it because it's not "pretty" but Trixie is going for something and I think she's succeeding at it.

• Love 5

Drag Race mixed with Hunger Games sounds awesome. Except for the whole dying part, but other than that! Imagine the outfits.

The people of the Capitol do already dress fabulously - Effie would be their GOD.  And now I'm irrationally angry that Elizabeth Banks has never guested on this show.

• Love 2

Ginger is become my new favorite! Pre-season it was Pearl.

I always worry abt the big girls,because even the fabulous Latice Mother F*g Royale could only get so far

I'm disliking Violet, thought Jasmine did a great job & should've been top 3, and as fun as she is I CANNOT get behind Trixie's makeup! She's ruining the name of my childhood heroine (Trixie Belden).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm so glad that Katya wasn't out this week. She's my favorite so far. As for Sasha...those are some cheap looking wigs. I've worn wigs to anime conventions that looked better (and believe me, that's a low bar).

I feel a bit sorry for Trixie. Maybe it's just that I like retro-futurism, or I thought it was pretty obvious that she's trying to look like a doll most of the time, or maybe I'm just sick of the queens with a more conventional aesthetic demanding that others justify their particular style of drag to them. Whatever the case, I don't think she deserved the bitchery that was aimed her way in Untucked.

• Love 3

Whatever the case, I don't think she deserved the bitchery that was aimed her way in Untucked.

I applaud Trixie for having a grasp on pop culture that goes back further than lunchtime. Jasmine (who impressed me in the challenge, by the way), added a shitload of ugliness to her resume during Untucked with her attack on Trixie. I was ready to cut her a little slack because I just thought that she was stupid. My mistake!

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 5
Jasmine did a great job & should've been top 3,

Jasmine did a good job in the challenge but I am just not digging her runway looks so far.  IDK her style is sooo.......dated looking to me.  I can't put my finger on it but between that purple coat thingy she wore last week and then her airline look with the big ass hair, IDK.  Say what you will about Violet and Miss Fame, etc. but they can turn out some looks so I guess people like Jasmine are just looking soooo.....old. *shrug* UGH and don't get me started on her Untucked behavior.  No matter if she was coming for Trixie or not it just came across as rude and spiteful. 

I like Trixie, her makeup reminds me of Bianca (love, love, love) but I'm not wild about her yet.  *sigh* just have to wait and see

• Love 1

I actually liked Jasmine's runway look, very Supremes or 'rich black lady at church'. I wasn't fond of Fame's or Violet's, both seemed low on taste, kind of ugly and in Fame's case, the tats make the look read very butch lesbian.

I actually liked Jasmine's runway look, very Supremes or 'rich black lady at church'. I wasn't fond of Fame's or Violet's, both seemed low on taste, kind of ugly and in Fame's case, the tats make the look read very butch lesbian.

The tats read more as Suicide Girl to me. Same with Violet. There is a current trend with the pinup look with lots of tattoos so, to me, that wasn't strange at all.

Jasmine's look struck me as late 80s for some reason but it definitely didn't read as 'jet set eleganza' -- to be fair, neither did Miss Fame's outfit. Violet had a vintage starlet look going on complete with matching luggage so it worked... although it wouldn't work for me. I get cold on airplanes! That's why I liked Pearl's so much. Layers for the win!

• Love 3

So I think the girls ace the challenge if you can make up a story for why they're dressed that way.

Jasmine - Black megachurch private plane

Ginger - Mediterranean island hopping Liz Taylor Style

Trixie - Judy Jetson Stewardess Realness

Violete - Bettie Page on a Flight

etc etc etc. 

When I use those terms I feel like the only failures are Sasha and Miss Fame.  

• Love 3

So I think the girls ace the challenge if you can make up a story for why they're dressed that way.

Jasmine - Black megachurch private plane

Ginger - Mediterranean island hopping Liz Taylor Style

Trixie - Judy Jetson Stewardess Realness

Violete - Bettie Page on a Flight

etc etc etc.

When I use those terms I feel like the only failures are Sasha and Miss Fame.

Don't forget abt Katya's Barbie jet couture!

For the record, I never watch Untucked. I had enough hatefulness w/Pee Pee in S4.

So all I can judge is on what we see on the actual show.

I like untuck this year, because it's soo ... real so far. I like watching things like someone leaving with a dozen suitcases . and Pearl is such a stand out personality wise on untuck.

• Love 1

For the record, I never watch Untucked. I had enough hatefulness w/Pee Pee in S4.

This new version of Untucked is (so far) much easier to watch. Less bitching, much less editing (no more pointed remark, pause, sip, pause, commercial, recap remark). 

• Love 2

I'd like to chime in and say I like the new Untucked much better, too. The old version was too staged and artificial. I was so tired of seeing the queens crying on cue every episode for whatever contrived reason. Bleh.

Also this new version is a little morose, yeah. But it's real. The part at the end of each episode when the losing queen walks out reminds me very much of my old acting days. It's hard when you're a performer because sometimes things don't work out. Sometime you have to watch your peers get opportunities you want for yourself, etc. And these are your dreams at stake.

• Love 3

Though with Miss Fame's very forced in background exposition this episode, i'm a bit afraid the new Untucked format will mean that the whole 'every Queen gets a annoying sob story moment' thing will be in the main show instead.

• Love 1

Yeah i think i am going to have to be Team Ginger. She looks amazing and she didn't let this challenge kick her ass. 

Don't get what's up with these super young queen. They think because they are cute, that's all they need. 

And Rupaul looked ahhhhhmazing. God, what i wouldn't do to have her makeup artist drag me up. Loved her whole look tonight. Wow!

• Love 1

RuPaul's people always do a great job creating these song/choreographed numbers each season. As soon as they said it was an airline safety video, I knew it would be a play off the fun Virgin Airlines safety video. I enjoyed the songs, with all the different styles of music. Too many screams though, maybe two or three too many quotes.

• Love 1