Type keyword(s) to search

The Returned (US) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I haven't seen the French version.  Did the twins look more alike?   jk

Actually for me... no they didn't so I am confused by all this talk of them looking so different it is distracting. I agree with the make up making Camille look like Lena.  I have to admit I am irked by the American changes they are making. They seem like such massive errors to the story. I am starting to wonder about the rest of the series.  But I am still interested in the show and happy they are trying to keep a lot of the french story.  I do like Simon and Rowan better here.

I believe Netflix is still showing Les Revenants and possibly Amazon Prime.  The series aired in the US on Sundance Channel, but I haven't seen plans to rerun it yet.  Maybe closer to when Season 2 is released.  

Thank you!  It's on Netflix and I reinstated my subscription just to watch it.  Have watched the first three episodes and am now watching the 4th but think I'll leave the rest for just before the remaining American episodes air.  Loving the original French version and will be back to make comments after I see episode 4.  

ETA: I couldn't help myself watching all 8 episodes and LOVED it.   Can't wait to see what changes there will be in the American version.

US Victor still doesn't hold a candle to French Victor for creepiness.  This US version just seems watered down for US audiences and loses some of the horror aspect.  Still don't like the score -- way too many strings.

Ditto for me!

Finally I hate Rowan/Adele's fiancé in both versions.  Wish he would get offed by Victor!. 

Edited by dbklmt
  • Love 2
Finally I hate Rowan/Adele's fiancé in both versions.  Wish he would get offed by Victor!. 

Which is sad because Kevin Alejandro is so freaking hot that it's ridiculous. I had kind of hoped that because they cast such a hot actor for Tommy they would drop his creepster aspect.

Adam is cute. It's a shame he's obviously a crazy dude, what with the dead animals and all.

• Love 1

I watched (and loved!) the French version and was so pleased to see how well cast and well adapted the first 2 episodes have been so far!! It seems like it will be worthy of me recommending to my friends who claimed they "can't read subtitles" in order to watch the French original. Had no idea this was in the works til a friend told me they watched it 2 wk ago.

He's always going to be Billy from Six Feet Under. God, what a messed up dude.

Rowan is played by Mary Elizabeth Winstead, who played Mary Todd Lincoln in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer.

She also played Aaron Paul's alcoholic wife in Smashed. It was a great movie but god I will never watch that again.

Was that scene in the French version where Lena is in the funeral home crying over Camille's body?    I don't remember that and I think I would have remembered.  Especially since it showed Camille had a wound in her back from the bus accident.   Wouldn't the parents know that Camille had that same wound when she died that Lena has now?

On the other hand, we finally saw how Victor died and who was there at the time (sing a little song in your head).  I think Victor and the Michelle Forbes character both died 29 years ago, didn't they?

Was that scene in the French version where Lena is in the funeral home crying over Camille's body?    I don't remember that and I think I would have remembered.  Especially since it showed Camille had a wound in her back from the bus accident.   Wouldn't the parents know that Camille had that same wound when she died that Lena has now?

On the other hand, we finally saw how Victor died and who was there at the time (sing a little song in your head).  I think Victor and the Michelle Forbes character both died 29 years ago, didn't they?

No, the scene in the funeral home was completely new and not sure why it was added. 

As for Victor's death it was a little different in the French version with him having a brother who also got killed along with the mother.  Victor hid in the closet and the 1st man entered with the lights on and discovered that there was someone in the closet when we saw that he had wet himself.  That was what the other burglar saw when he entered the room and then shot and killed him in the closet.  The 1st burglar was revealed to us tonight with what he said to Victor not once but twice.  Will be interesting to see if the 2nd burglar is revealed in this version.

Michelle Forbes' character has been enlarged in this version.  The whole scene in the church about Lazarus with her and the priest was done with Tommy.  Speaking of Tommy although he was a peeping Tom and it was repulsive it certainly wasn't as repulsive as what was shown in the French version.  Kevin Alejandro is just too nice compared to the French actor who was an asshat the entire series and as I mentioned in another thread I would have been very happy to have Victor off him.

Still no mention of the dam and in the 4th episode in the French version it was very apparent that something was really wrong not only to the people working at the dam but in the town too.  Guess the only possible reference to it in this one was when Michelle Forbes was in the bathroom with the drain problems and the lights went out when Victor freaked out in the bathroom at Julie's house.

Victor's back story which is 29 years ago in this version was 35 in the French version so they're definitely changing time frames in the American version..  

• Love 1

Was that scene in the French version where Lena is in the funeral home crying over Camille's body?    I don't remember that and I think I would have remembered.  Especially since it showed Camille had a wound in her back from the bus accident.  

It seems like this episode is starting the changing from the french version. Lena didn't have a "puncture wound" there she had like a rash that looked like her skin was dying. I am not sure these changes are making anything better. I was glad to see they introduced Simon's suicide as I think that brings a little more menace to the character.

The thing about this Victor is that he tends to look scared all the time while the french version he looked angry.

Maybe I'm getting the time frame wrong, it's been awhile since I've watched the French version.  Victor's episode was later in the series but hadn't he begun to talk by then?

Victor was the title of the 4th episode in the French series as well.

That child actor playing Victor is just not creepy enough for the role.

Lena didn't have a "puncture wound" there she had like a rash that looked like her skin was dying. I am not sure these changes are making anything better.

It looks like a huge gash and she should have been losing a lot more blood.  Turning Lena's back injury into a puncture wound seems like an odd choice by the writers.

Guess the only possible reference to it in this one was when Michelle Forbes was in the bathroom with the drain problems

It seems a little late in the series to finally start bringing up that there is something wrong with the water supply/drainage.

Michelle Forbes' character speech in the church about Lazarus wasn't in the French series.

There's also been nearly no mention of the fact that the Returned don't sleep until Michelle Forbes' character finally brings it up or the fact that the Returned are always hungry.  And there's certainly been no mention of Camille killing that rabbit and putting the remains in the garbage under the kitchen sink from the French series.  Jack cleaning out Camille's college fund to pay for his sessions with Lucy is a new twist too.  It's also really odd when Rowan confronts Tommy with all the spy cameras that Tommy doesn't bring up the fact that he did it because of Rowan's previous suicide attempt -- and that's why he installed the cameras in the first place so he would be able to keep an eye on her in case she tried it again.

Anyone else notice that during the episode that "A&E Be Original" appears on-screen -- which seems rather ironic considering this is a nearly shot-for-shot remake of the French series ?

That funeral home scene seems tacked on for no apparent reason -- wouldn't Lena have remembered this on her own the minute that the wound started to appear ?  And maybe have mentioned that to her parents at least.  And how would Lena even know that Camille is dead "because of us" ?  Lena doesn't know what happened on the bus because there were no survivors.  Plus that scene was pretty badly acted by the actress playing Lena/Camille.

My only thought watching the funeral home scene was that Camille's body looks pretty damn good for careening over a cliff in a bus. That must have been a very short cliff.

Jeremy Sisto always creeps me out even when he plays a good guy.

• Love 4

I'm beginning to wish there was a thread for talk about the French version vs this one, since I haven't watched it (and probably never will).  Not only am I getting huge spoilerish vibes about stuff that hasn't happened yet in this version

(the dam, Victor talking  - you just had to go there?)

, I'm also getting flashbacks to Gracepoint where everyone was talking about Broadchurch instead of the episode itself, before another thread was created.  :~(

This episode was very revealing - to me.  But coming here and reading all the comparisons and spoilers are ruining the experience for me.   I think I'll have to refrain from  visiting this forum in the future.

• Love 4

My only thought watching the funeral home scene was that Camille's body looks pretty damn good for careening over a cliff in a bus. That must have been a very short cliff.

Jeremy Sisto always creeps me out even when he plays a good guy.

She appeared to be made up for her funeral. Some years back a friend of mine lost her 12 year old sister. She was out on a boat on a lake for one last ride at sunset when a drunk ass hole literally landed his boat on top of hers.

I went to her funeral, which was open casket and although she had extremely traumatic head injuries she looked like she was napping. She was made up just like in that scene and beautiful.

The little girl I knew looked an awful lot like Camille so it was very sad for me to watch.

Edited by Yeldarbe
  • Love 2

I'm beginning to wish there was a thread for talk about the French version vs this one...

Ask and you shall receive.  Also reminder to everyone, anyone can create a thread, you don't need a mod to do it.  I am not going to move every post at this point, only posts that are totally about the French version, and I will be adding spoiler tags to portions of others posts that refer to the French version.  From here on out, if you want to compare to the French version, please use the new thread.  Episode thread topics are to discuss the US version of the show only.

• Love 4

Thanks, aquarian1.  I thought perhaps I was one of the very few who hasn't seen the French version, and didn't feel I should create a thread that either wasn't necessary or that I had no interest in.

Sorry if I stepped on any toes here - I didn't mean to derail the discussion.  Guess I just got a little reactionary to possible spoilers, and didn't think thrice before posting.   It'll serve me right if I'm talking to me, myself & I in the episode threads from now on!   :~)

She appeared to be made up for her funeral. Some years back a friend of mine lost her 12 year old sister. She was out on a boat on a lake for one last ride at sunset when a drunk ass hole literally landed his boat on top of hers.
I went to her funeral, which was open casket and although she had extremely traumatic head injuries she looked like she was napping. She was made up just like in that scene and beautiful.
The little girl I knew looked an awful lot like Camille so it was very sad for me to watch.

This reminds me of some of the artistry Freddie from Six Feet Under had to perform on people whose loved ones wanted an open casket funeral.  Yikes!

So I am getting a serious case of the creeps from most of these characters, and from the town itself (and it's plumbing issues).  I just hope all the stray threads start to come together for me - right now, they're still a little tenuous, but I'm starting to see some connections - I think.

• Love 4

Simon is creeping me out way more than he's supposed to, I think.  I do think he's supposed to come across as a little creepy, given the way he was introduced, but I really don't trust him.  Even less than creepy spying boyfriend.

Victor confuses me.  Sometimes he's creepy, and sometimes he's a scared little boy.  And then they heavily insinuate that he killed the neighbor.  And him standing in front of that school bus causing the crash?  That was 4 years ago right?  And if he died longer ago than that, it's just confusing. 

• Love 2

I'm enjoying watching this (especially this episode, because a lot more information was provided) more than I thought I would.  I didn't see the French version, so any comparisons I make (don't worry, to myself) are with this and Resurrection, I guess because they're both based on the same source material, and Michelle Forbes.

Poor Lena - not only has been carrying around a heavy load of survivor's guilt, but she has the worst parents.  She's right - they (especially the mom) don't care that she is dying right in front of them, I guess they are totally consumed by the "miracle child."  I absolutely cannot believe that the parents weren't aware of the nature of Camille's wounds.  Lena didn't even see the back of Camille's body at the funeral home (the friend warned her not to touch), but even so, she is able to draw a connection with what's happening to her now and what happened to Camille.

I thought Tommy  is rather interesting - on the one hand, I liked him (and how he treated both Rowan and Cloe) a lot, but on the other, the stalking was creepy.  He may tell himself it was to prevent Rowan from harming herself (which I totally believe) but, really, wouldn't just talking to/supporting her be more effective?

Poor Victor! And I say that, even after (I assume) he killed the neighbor.  For a child, who is literally alone without friends or family, to be confronted by (again, I assume) one of the men who killed him and his mother, must be awful.

Finally, much as I love her as an actress, I was sorry to see Michelle Forbes here.  It's too easy to think of her character on Resurrection, so I hope she is able to dial it down.

p.s.  Thanks for the episode threads!

• Love 2

I'm beginning to wish there was a thread for talk about the French version vs this one, since I haven't watched it (and probably never will).  Not only am I getting huge spoilerish vibes about stuff that hasn't happened yet in this version

(the dam, Victor talking  - you just had to go there?),

I'm also getting flashbacks to Gracepoint where everyone was talking about Broadchurch instead of the episode itself, before another thread was created.  :~(

I have a question about this being a spoiler.  It was shown in the previews for next week that Victor talks, so is that a spoiler?  I really want to know.  I'm not being sarcastic or anything. 

I get the not wanting to be spoiled.  I had the same comment in season 2 of Broadchurch because I am just now seeing it now and I know a lot of people have already seen the entire season.

Really?  Victor had a brother in the French version?   I don't remember that.  I do remember his mother reading him that book with the fairy on the cover that ends up looking just like Julie.  Where was the brother while Victor's mother was reading to him?

In general, Previews should be spoiler tagged in current episode threads.  They can be discussed openly in the new episode threads (and I just created the one for next week).   If you'd like, you can also create a general Spoiler thread and a general Speculation thread.

Sorry, I missed that spoiler, I'll go tag it now.

Really?  Victor had a brother in the French version?   I don't remember that.  I do remember his mother reading him that book with the fairy on the cover that ends up looking just like Julie.  Where was the brother while Victor's mother was reading to him?

The episode begins with a game being played under the sheets.  The Mother comes in and pulls the sheets off to reveal two boys, one being Victor's brother.  He tells the mom that Victor is afraid to go asleep for fear he'll have nightmares in the dark.  She then sends him to his own room and that's when she reads the fairy tale to Victor.  When she leaves there is a gun shot followed by a child's scream and then a second shot.  That's when Victor goes into the closet and is so terrified when the burglar enters that he wets himself revealing that he's there. 

I'm watching each episodes again on Netflix just before a new one airs so I can compare.  Since they changed the thread for no spoilers I'll only be making my comments in this one.  I love this show and I'm enjoying the American version.! 

• Love 1

I can't imagine finding out that my significant other has installed cameras everywhere in our house to watch me in case I act strangely.  I mean, I understand that she may have been a wreck after her fiancee's death and could have hurt herself in a depression, but why would he have cameras in the daughter's room?  And why are they still on?  Plus, he's watching the video feed while at work - does he not realize hat there was just a murder in his community and that someone has come back from the dead (Simon)?  He should be doing some police work, no?  And way to make things worse by telling her Simon killed himself and that he lied to protect her.  I don't like him and I don't trust him.  I'd stick with the dead guy if I were her.  

• Love 12

Man, they really need to tell us Americans what is going on instead of having us slowly work it out for ourselves.  I still think Tommy needs to sit down and check himself into stalkers anonymous meetings.  And he should stop mouth breathing.  And, perhaps, look for whomever tried to kill one of the town's residents?  

I miss the butterflies, the dam, the animals (though it looks like we will see something on that next week), wolves coming back to life, and creepy Mrs. Acosta being mysterious.  My friend who hasn't see the French version is really liking this one, so that's good.  And I will be interested to see where they are going with this.  Lena's back looking like she was impaled on metal from the bus - yeah, maybe.  

And I miss creepy, young Simon too - though Kevin Alejandro is yummy!

The episode begins with a game being played under the sheets.  The Mother comes in and pulls the sheets off to reveal two boys, one being Victor's brother.  He tells the mom that Victor is afraid to go asleep for fear he'll have nightmares in the dark.  She then sends him to his own room and that's when she reads the fairy tale to Victor.  When she leaves there is a gun shot followed by a child's scream and then a second shot.  That's when Victor goes into the closet and is so terrified when the burglar enters that he wets himself revealing that he's there. 

Thank you for that recap.  Victor being in the closet was so intense, I guess I forgot the first part.

I miss the butterflies, the dam, the animals (though it looks like we will see something on that next week), wolves coming back to life, and creepy Mrs. Acosta being mysterious.

I agree.  The first scene of the French version begins with the Butterflies in the box coming to life and it sets the tone for what's to come.  It's even in the beginning titles which relays how important it is to the events that follow.  Absolutely love the French show titles with each of the main characters relaying something about themselves.  When I watched it for the first time and saw the serial killer rise in the last title that was when I knew that he really was back which I didn't get at all in the American version.

Michelle Forbes' character has been enlarged in this version.  The whole scene in the church about Lazarus with her and the priest was done with Tommy.

Someone in the other thread said that this didn't happen in the French version.  Yes, there was no mention of Lazarus but there was a scene with Tommy who had just finished stalking his fiancé who went to the church to see the Priest and he talked about resurrection with him.  In the American version they substituted Michelle Forbes' character to be the one to talk with the Priest and they expanded the scene to include the biblical story of Christ and Lazarus. 

• Love 1

Someone in the other thread said that this didn't happen in the French version.  Yes, there was no mention of Lazarus but there was a scene with Tommy who had just finished stalking his fiancé who went to the church to see the Priest and he talked about resurrection with him.  In the American version they substituted Michelle Forbes' character to be the one to talk with the Priest and they expanded the scene to include the biblical story of Christ and Lazarus.

There was also a line from the priest when Adele is planning the wedding and tells him that she is seeing Simon again.   He says that earlier that week, someone came in and thought her husband (or was it his wife?) was back after being dead for many years.  He told them both that these were just memories that they needed to deal with or something.  He didn't catch on too fast, did he? 

Tommy is seriously coming off like he was always obsessed with Rowan and he arranged for someone to run over Simon so he could have her all to himself.

The actress playing Camille really should have done a better job playing Lena. It's been a couple months now and she knows the woman who plays Lena by this point- I felt nothing in that performance that told me this was Lena, not Camille.

• Love 8

I just finished binge watching the French version.  Did we ever find out why Simon killed himself? It's driving me crazy. 

Just realized the time. I have to go sleep-have work in the morning! The French version was so good, couldn't stop watching. So many questions. 

• Love 2

The actress playing Camille really should have done a better job playing [young] Lena. It's been a couple months now and she knows the woman who plays Lena by this point- I felt nothing in that performance that told me this was Lena, not Camille.

This is episode four, and Better Call Saul shoots each episode in 8 days. So India Ennega, who plays Camille & young Lena, may have known Sophie Lowe (Lena) for less than a month.

At the beginning of the mortuary scene, another character called young Lena by name to let us know who she was. And it's entirely possible the director told India to play both characters quite similarly, to emphasize the contrast between "before" and "after."

• Love 1

This is episode four, and Better Call Saul shoots each episode in 8 days. So India Ennega, who plays Camille & young Lena, may have known Sophie Lowe (Lena) for less than a month.

At the beginning of the mortuary scene, another character called young Lena by name to let us know who she was. And it's entirely possible the director told India to play both characters quite similarly, to emphasize the contrast between "before" and "after."

I agree.  I found nothing wrong with the way she played Lena.  I think they were probably much more alike before Camille died and before the guilt and grief of Camille's death started setting in for Lena.

• Love 2

So are we to assume the guy that runs the shelter was one of the guys that killed Victor and his mother? Since he made that comment about singing a song in your head to Victor which is the same thing said to Victor during the home invasion

• Love 2
(edited)

So are we to assume the guy that runs the shelter was one of the guys that killed Victor and his mother? Since he made that comment about singing a song in your head to Victor which is the same thing said to Victor during the home invasion

Victor died 29 years ago, and Jeremy Sisto (who plays Peter) is only 40. I thought maybe the bad guy was Peter's dad, and he used to say the same thing when his son was scared. But the bad guy whispered hoarsely, which TPTB may have done to make his voice unrecognizable.

So now I think Peter is Returned.

Edited to add that brings up all sorts of time questions. What if Peter was 30 when he broke into Victor's home, then died at age 35 (24 years ago), Returned 5 years ago, and resumed normal aging? Or maybe Peter died at age 40, Returned, and no longer ages?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1

Victor died 29 years ago, and Jeremy Sisto (who plays Peter) is only 40. I thought maybe the bad guy was Peter's dad, and he used to say the same thing when his son was scared. But the bad guy whispered hoarsely, which TPTB may have done to make his voice unrecognizable.

So now I think Peter is Returned.

Edited to add that brings up all sorts of time questions. What if Peter was 30 when he broke into Victor's home, then died at age 35 (24 years ago), Returned 5 years ago, and resumed normal aging? Or maybe Peter died at age 40, Returned, and no longer ages?

Oh, wow - now you're blowing my mind with the possibilities, editorgrrl!  Peter did seem rather Zen about Lena's return, so I'm inclined to agree with this.

Tommy and his surveillance cameras creep me out more than the returned do.  That shit is sinister!

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm under the impression that the returned don't age.  I could be wrong about that but Victor died 29 years ago and yet 4 years ago he stood in the road and caused the bus crash that killed Camille.  And he looks the same today as he did 4 years ago or 29 years ago.  I have no idea where he would have been for 4 years, though.  Unless he was also killed by the bus and just recently came back again.  I guess that implies these people can keep coming back if they die.

I think Peter is the one of the men who killed Victor and his mother.  But so far they haven't explained when (or how) he appeared in this town.  In a previous episode, when he was driving Simon to the shelter he told Simon that he knew someone who was like Simon.  Apparently he was talking about himself.  

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 3

I think Peter is the one of the men who killed Victor and his mother.  But so far they haven't explained when (or how) he appeared in this town.  In a previous episode, when he was driving Simon to the shelter he told Simon that he knew someone who was like Simon.  Apparently he was talking about himself.  

I thought he was referring to Camille...

• Love 3
(edited)

In the French version, the flood happened 35 years ago. In this version, the flood happened 29 years ago. I'm assuming that's because Jeremy Sisto's only 40 and they're trying to make it a little more plausible that Peter could have been one of the burglars? They did a similar in Simon and Rowan's story, probably because Mary Elizabeth Winstead just turned 30 and they didn't want her to be mid/late 30's like Adele was.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

I really think we're just supposed to assume that Jeremy Sisto's character is in his late 40's or something, and he was in his late teens in 1986.

You're probably right.  In that case he isn't one of the returned.  I'm not sure what gave me that impression.

(edited)

I think there's a role baggage with Jeremy Sisto- we're used to seeing him playing the younger man like Elton in Clueless or Billy in Six Feet Under. Even though he's middle-aged now, he doesn't feel middle-aged yet even with the beard. I remember a lot of people had a hard time buying him as the father of a teenaged girl (played by a 24-year old) on Suburgatory. As a 40-year old, he should technically play a range of about mid/late 30's to late 40's/early 50's.

I'm kind of shocked that the show used real years in reference to the flood. They've been very vague about the timeline otherwise.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

Well, they finally talked about the dam breaking.  Didn't we know about that earlier in the French version.  I guess I'm remembering the animals floating in the water sooner.  Or it was part of the credits, wasn't it? 

methodwriter, I didn't remember that in the French version the flood was 35 years ago.  I guess that was my problem with Peter.  This actor doesn't look nearly as old as the Peter in the French version so I thought he must have died and come back.  

Victor/Henry isn't nearly creepy enough.

Is it my imagination or is the Michele Forbes character a lot more religious in this version? 

(edited)

While the first few episodes were nearly shot-for-shot remakes of the French version, they are making some significant changes now.  For starters, in the French version Lena was being cared for by Serge(Adam) throughout the entire Serge/Toni episode while in the US version Toni doesn't even discover Lena collapsed until the end of the episode -- they also changed Lena collapsing in the woods instead of the pedestrian tunnel where Serge(Adam) stabbed Julie (which was particularly significant encounter to Serge(Adam) as he didn't injure her though I certainly expected him to).

Why did they change it when Tony knocks out Adam after Adam stabbed and ate part of Julie's stomach seven years ago that he didn't take Julie to the hospital as he was taking Adam home ?  I thought that was a redeeming character trait for Tony in the French version in that he was trying to do the right thing to clean up after Serge.

Also, why didn't Tommy explain to Rowan that the cameras were only installed after her previous suicide attempt in the house where she almost died -- because that's kind of a big deal about why he was concerned about knowing what she was up to at home if she tried it again as he didn't want her daughter to find her like that.

They switched the dead animals in the water from being behind the dam to being in the river downstream from the dam -- and while there were only 5 or 6 dead deer in the US version, there were 36 dead animals in the water behind the dam in the French version.  And Helen Goddard (Mrs. DaCosta) had nothing to do with discovering the dead animals in the French version.

Introducing an old police report about the appearance by Victor 4 years ago seems like an odd choice as well.

Adam hunts and kills a deer (though it was not shown) and guts it outside the house.  Tony confronts him and admits that he killed Adam seven years ago after he stabbed Julie -- though in the French version Toni didn't get all emotional during the confrontation while in the US version Tony was on his knees and blubbering through his apology.

The local coroner thinks all the dead deer from the river committed suicide.  In the French version, the dam mgmt guys hired divers who discovered the drowned deer and other animals while diving to examine the dam floor for leaks, and the coroner figured the animals drowned trying to escape from something even more dangerous than drowning -- which isn't exactly the same as saying they intentionally committed suicide.

Helen Goddard finds Victor, starts calling him Henry, and buys him lunch and explains about how the town is cursed but Victor never says a word, while in the French version Victor actually talks during his lunch with her.

Peter cruises the town looking for Victor and finally finds him wandering the streets -- apparently Helen Goddard abandoned him even though they are staying at the same place (the community center).  In the French version, Victor returned to the Helping Hand on his own, and confronted Pierre with the vision of his partner that killed Victor in the home invasion and that Pierre wrestled with.

Well, they finally talked about the dam breaking.  Didn't we know about that earlier in the French version.  I guess I'm remembering the animals floating in the water sooner.  Or it was part of the credits, wasn't it?

The floating animals were part of the intro credits in the French version.

Is it my imagination or is the Michele Forbes character a lot more religious in this version?

Mrs. DaCosta in the French version (played by Michelle Forbes as Helen Goddard) seemed rather blasé about the fact that she had died and returned at least twice already before she had lunch with Victor, and Mrs. DaCosta never mentioned anything about the town being cursed or the wicked people in the town or the reckoning of the great flood of Biblical proportions when the dam broke.

Still no mention of problems with the water levels dropping behind the dam or animals returning from the dead.  I'm also surprised that no one has started digging up graves of the Returned to see if their bodies are there. Plus by the end of episode 5 in the French version, Thomas had shot and killed Simon.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

Why wouldn't they at least have given Lucy a clean hospital gown instead of the one with the big blood stain on the front ?  She had been there for several days at that point, and seemed rather unsanitary for a hospital.

Camille drinking in the bar regardless of that dude "paying off" the bartender -- WTF ?  She looks way too young to be 20/21. Plus, she wouldn't have been drinking in a bar BEFORE she died so how come she was drinking like she was an old pro, pounding down multiple shots with the greatest of ease when she had probably never sampled much wine or beer before she died (if ever) let alone hard liquor.

• Love 2
Can anyone tell me what happened in the last minute of the show? My dvr cut off as Camille was running after Lucy.

Camille was chasing after her sister Lena, and Lena collapses in the woods.  As she lies there unconscious, Adam appears and hovers over her body.

• Love 1

I was surprised that Rowan didn't meet Simon.  Even if she didn't want to leave, she could at least have told him.

So, when Victor/Henry was spotted 4 years ago and then disappeared, was he actually hit by that bus?  and now he's returned again?

Why is no one in awe about people returning from the dead? Camille's parents are happy to have her back, but that's about the extent of it.  Even Rowan being happy (briefly) to have Simon back seems a bit sedated.  No one is like "Oh my god!!!  You were dead and now you're here!  WTH!!"   I can understand with the Tony and Adam thing where one brother kills another, for whatever reasons, just being generally freaked out, plus it's newer for them.  And Victor/Henry and Helen seem to not have any family around at this point, so aside from Peter, no one knows they are "returned" and he's more than a little sketchy.  But Camille's family and Rowan and fiance seem so blase about the returned from the dead part, it's a little unbelievable.

• Love 4