Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Forget – Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Here is your pre-air and speculation thread to discuss the 13th episode of Season 5 - Forget. This includes general discussion on the episode, your thoughts, ideas, and all your crazy conspiracy theories, as long as you remain respectful and thoughtful in your posts. As always, beware the spoilers and spoiler tags are your friend.

This thread will close at 10:00 pm, after which you can head on over to the actual episode thread and continue the discussion.

So, last episode was "Remember," and this is "Forget." CDB had to remember what it's like to have a roof over their heads. Who must forget—and what?

From the AMC episode page:

Rick and the group continue to acclimate to their new surroundings. Will they be able to go back to normalcy? Better yet, what is normal now?

There's also a video + 2 photos.

• Love 2
(edited)

Maybe forget the things they've been through to try to move on? (though I think most of the group doesn't want to do that and thus get soft)

Edited by mandolin
(edited)

Based on the title, I'm going to guess that it's going to be a zany amnesia episode. We'll find out that the reason FPP hasn't been seen lately is that he got hit on the head, forgot who he was, and wound up having an awesome action-hero solo adventure, before inevitably getting bonked on the head again and returning to his usual uselessness. I don't suppose it's possible to grow coconuts in Virginia, is it? What can I say? I'm a traditionalist.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 6
Who must forget—and what?

I wonder if it's CDB has to try and forget the horror they've gone through the last two years or whatever as they settle in to ASZ. They have to forget what they did, how they lived hand to mouth, the fear, and uncertainty and all of the killing that occcured.

The flip side is that they may realize that they can't forget the past - as much as they want to try - and instead need to actually embrace it. Like Carl said, he doesn't want them to get weak. If CDB forgets the last two years, they will become weak. Just my speculation.

• Love 4

As long as Ghost Lori doesn't show up again I'm alright.

And I don't think Rick's Insanity Phone plan has enough minutes to hear from all the former group members who are dead now.

• Love 6

And I don't think Rick's Insanity Phone plan has enough minutes to hear from all the former group members who are dead now.

Oh, but wouldn't it be great if they tried?

"Hi, Rick. This is Oscar."

"Wait... who?"

• Love 7

Oh, but wouldn't it be great if they tried?

"Hi, Rick. This is Oscar."

"Wait... who?"

Dale - Give me that phone. I need to tell them to remember their humanity!

Herschel - Now, Dale, that didn't work out so well for you on my farm...

(In the background)

Merle (muttering) - Bunch of weak lily-livered pussies...

T-Dog - I been waiting a long time to say this, Merle, but STFU!

• Love 8

I'm good as long as they don't line up ALL the dead blonde women/girls to usher anyone else off into the sweet hereafter.  If FPP or Noah happen to see Amy, Andrea, and Beth show up with a guitar, they'd better run.

It doesn't bode well for Jessie, being blonde and all.  I think it all goes back to Kirkman in high school and all those blonde cheerleaders that didn't know he existed...

• Love 8

Talk about your party line...

• Love 4

Just one more call on that phone please; I want Rick to hear a voice: "Hey this is Wayne. WAYNE! The guy you would always remember and tell your grandchildren about and all that honoring my memory shit?! Don't say you already forgot me Rick! I'm with your wife Rick! HAHA!"

• Love 5

Just one more call on that phone please; I want Rick to hear a voice: "Hey this is Wayne. WAYNE! The guy you would always remember and tell your grandchildren about and all that honoring my memory shit?! Don't say you already forgot me Rick! I'm with your wife Rick! HAHA!"

Guy had guts, I'll give him that.

• Love 5
(edited)

He was smart, he went with the Pay As You Go plan... along with the Insured for afterLifetime bonus.  Great plan, actually.  Gets coverage everywhere and doesn't have to worry about any roaming charges.  Keeping battery life and recharging is a real bitch, though.

Dale - Give me that phone. I need to tell them to remember their humanity!

Herschel - Now, Dale, that didn't work out so well for you on my farm...

(In the background)

Merle (muttering) - Bunch of weak lily-livered pussies...

T-Dog - I been waiting a long time to say this, Merle, but STFU!

Party line!!

Or even better... *called the cops to report weird crazy stalker caller;  cops call back*  "The call is coming from inside the house!"  *zoom into Rick's eyes as he wigs out*

AMC has posted a 360° interactive tour of Alexandria.

... put yourself in the shoes of Rick, Daryl, Carol and the rest of the group.

Ummm... is this some sort of like sorority initiation thing?  Maybe a new contest on 'Fear Factor'??

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here is a little word play:

I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it. For a moment, now and then, and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it.

:-)

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 5

Oh, Dale. They cared about your watch, but I sure didn't.

Good catch. If the last eps are the other words, huge props to the writers.

Yup---those are the titles of the other eps!

• Love 1
(edited)

Whoa. Thumbs up.

This makes me giddy. For a show to have enough continuity to remember something like that is awesome. They have made mistakes, but stuff like that makes me hang in there when some episodes aren't that great.

Maybe those words aren't such "paltry" things after all. (There I go quoting season one again.)

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 2

Whoa. Thumbs up.

This makes me giddy. For a show to have enough continuity to remember something like that is awesome. They have made mistakes, but stuff like that makes me hang in there when some episodes aren't that great.

Maybe those words aren't such "paltry" things after all. (There I go quoting season one again.)

I just pray that when we find out the first ep titles for season six it isn't:

S6E1  "Have"

S6E2 "You"

S6E3  "Seen"

S6E4  "Carl"

• Love 11

Norman on if the writers made Daryl gay (in the clip above): "If that's the story they gave me, I'd rock that story!"

I do love this guy :)

Same here - although I find myself unable to conceive of ANY circumstances in which I would be asking NR to lick either my daughters.

Favorite line from the interview (regarding the animal rights activists on set):

"You can shoot a kid in the face, but you can't hurt a worm."

• Love 4
(edited)

From the AMC episode page:

Rick and the group continue to acclimate to their new surroundings. Will they be able to go back to normalcy? Better yet, what is normal now?

There's also a video + 2 photos.

How did I not notice that Olivia (the woman who wheeled away all CDB's guns on that cart)

asks Sasha, "If you happen to bag a boar out there, can I have a leg?"

Edited to add:

Talking Dead Airs This Sunday 10/9c With Guests Ross Marquand, Kevin Smith and a Surprise The Walking Dead Cast Member

Does "surprise cast member" mean what I think it means?

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 4
(edited)

Uh oh. Is that how it's normally listed when we lose someone?

If I were forced to guess, I'd say yes. 

... either that, or they're having to juggle just who can and/or will show up, so they can't give a definitive name as to who will be on.  *shrugs*

..... or its Carl's hat.  Working out the details as to whether its allowed by Ricktator Law to leave his head;  not to mention the time needed to properly fumigate it.

• Love 5

..... or its Carl's hat.  Working out the details as to whether its allowed by Ricktator Law to leave his head;  not to mention the time needed to properly fumigate it.

Forum thread cross over event reply: They can you use Febreze, because I am pretty sure everyone in the cast is nose blind by now.

• Love 4

I have no spoilers; no advance info.

I'm just speculating pre-air.

Am I the only one who thinks maybe those frames keep getting refilled; I mean, does anyone else think a bunch of people have been housed in those 2 McMansions upon arrival.

Because I don't see anyone who prioritizes videotaping and parabolic mike eavesdropping etc.to be bashful about bugging houses. It has been suggested already that they were being bugged; I also wonder if Deanna isn't concerned about where they go because the whole place has CCTV?

Maybe it goes out farther? Maybe that's how Aaron has been watching them for 2 weeks.

It would be smart to have cameras as far as you could to know who's coming.

You don't need all kinds of lines. We have cameras at our houses for the bluebird houses and the sandhill cranes nesting spot and the duck nesting box and you don't need the tvs hooked up except to electric power (which ASZ has). Those tvs don't get broadcasting , just closed circuit to the wildlife areas.

Maybe Deanna knows a lot more about "what's under there" than you think Rick!

• Love 3

Am I the only one who thinks maybe those frames keep getting refilled; I mean, does anyone else think a bunch of people have been housed in those 2 McMansions upon arrival.

Because I don't see anyone who prioritizes videotaping and parabolic mike eavesdropping etc.to be bashful about bugging houses. It has been suggested already that they were being bugged; I also wonder if Deanna isn't concerned about where they go because the whole place has CCTV?

That possibility had crossed my mind as well.  There's two alternate circumstances which could possibly be at play here, though, with different ramifications:

1. ASZ is working a scam on new arrivals.  If they _are_ working a long con, then I actually doubt they would employ electronic surveillance.  The key to a working con is establishing and maintaining trust with the mark - and discovery of an electronic camera or microphone would destroy any sense of trust immediately and probably irrevocably.  A simple question of return justifying risk.
  2. ASZ is not working a scam on new arrivals.  I expect this would be the more likely scenario for the ASZhats to self-justify the risk of surreptitious monitoring and its possible discovery.  If the new arrivals discover the cameras or whatever and confront Deanna, she could simply say the ASZ felt it was necessary for their own security to keep close tabs on newcomers, at least initially.  And most newcomers, upset though they might be, would probably have to concede the point.

Maybe it goes out farther? Maybe that's how Aaron has been watching them for 2 weeks.

It would be smart to have cameras as far as you could to know who's coming.

You don't need all kinds of lines. We have cameras at our houses for the bluebird houses and the sandhill cranes nesting spot and the duck nesting box and you don't need the tvs hooked up except to electric power (which ASZ has). Those tvs don't get broadcasting , just closed circuit to the wildlife areas.

Maybe Deanna knows a lot more about "what's under there" than you think Rick!

Not a bad idea at all - provided a few operational issues could successfully be addressed:

1. Power for the remote cams.
  2. Support for some form of relay/repeater communications network, to pass the remote cam data back to ASZ.
  3. Necessity/frequency of maintenance runs.
  • Love 3
(edited)

That possibility had crossed my mind as well.  There's two alternate circumstances which could possibly be at play here, though, with different ramifications:

1. ASZ is working a scam on new arrivals.  If they _are_ working a long con, then I actually doubt they would employ electronic surveillance.  The key to a working con is establishing and maintaining trust with the mark - and discovery of an electronic camera or microphone would destroy any sense of trust immediately and probably irrevocably.  A simple question of return justifying risk.
  2. ASZ is not working a scam on new arrivals.  I expect this would be the more likely scenario for the ASZhats to self-justify the risk of surreptitious monitoring and its possible discovery.  If the new arrivals discover the cameras or whatever and confront Deanna, she could simply say the ASZ felt it was necessary for their own security to keep close tabs on newcomers, at least initially.  And most newcomers, upset though they might be, would probably have to concede the point.

Not a bad idea at all - provided a few operational issues could successfully be addressed:

1. Power for the remote cams.
  2. Support for some form of relay/repeater communications network, to pass the remote cam data back to ASZ.
  3. Necessity/frequency of maintenance runs.

Power can be done by battery or solar; the ones we use are very low demand but have a surprising clarity and color. I think it's also possible that remotest ones are not transmitted but taped, and the tapes brought back for review? Could be combined with runs for other purposes. I think maybe we will learn of a lot more power and electronic set-up than we know.

Why did she think she had to have a brochure, I'm overthinking but maybe if the army took her there it really is a govt. emergency fake neighborhood"made to look like a suburban development.

The power, the running water (including hot), the stocks of food and toiletries etc?

Why would original owners/residents be evacuated--- if it was so safe that the army took a congresswoman and family there?

Where would original residents rather be, in a shitty refugee camp?

If you evacuate people, doesn't it destroy the purpose for the Army to move new people in?

Unless there were no original residents and the whole thing is bullshit.

I remember in the autobiography Spycatcher, one office at Britain's MI5 had the boring but necessary job (as someone did at the CIA) of manufacturing "litter". That meant that an undercover agent had to expect his apartment or home or car to be searched, and it wasn't just clothes or groceries or furniture to make people believe a site was a real home the guy had lived in.

Old checkbook registers, half-used paint cans and cleaners, crackers under the couch cushions and socks it the cupboard with the Pledge and Endust and store receipts in the garbage and the daily effluvia of a real life as "ordinary guy".

Just playing with ideas. :- )

tin_foil_hat.gif

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm really excited. Can we see the episode a little sooner if we do the first few minutes of it for them?

Previously, on AMC's The Walking Dead:

Joe: There ain't nothing sadder than an outdoor cat who thinks he's an indoor cat...

Welcome Wagoners: You'll have to hand over your guns.
Carol: What's a gun?

(Walks in with lasagna.)
Michonne: It's like a sword, but less awesome.

(Walks in with sword.)
Daryl: Crossbow? Also not a gun.
(Walks in with dead possum.)
Rick: You like guns? Check out these guns!
(Rips off shirt, flexes, and starts taking shower.)

Joe: and he's actually turning into a teenaged emo girl...

Aiden: I know I'm a douchebag...
Glenn: People who only flipped past this channel for half a second know you're a douchebag.
Aiden: ...but my mommy's the Governor.
Deanna: Oh, I don't care. Smack that douchebag all you want.

Thing 1: Hey, everyone, this is Coral. Coral, these are Thing 2 and Enid. Enid's a teenaged emo girl.
Enid: Aren't you usually wearing a hat?
Carl: Um... no?
(Continues holding hat in front of lap.)

Joe: and he also likes to sleep outside on top of a pile of raw possum guts...

Daryl: Claimed.

Rick: I used to smell like a pile of raw possum guts, but now I'm clean!
Jessie: Not for long, baby. Remember Season 2?
Michonne: (Sharpens katana.)

Joe: So, maybe, he's turning into like, some kind of were-hyena or something?

Rick: These people are weak, and stupid. Without me in charge, they might feed their babies acorns. Or invite supervillains in to become zany room mates. Speaking of which, let's take over. That way they won't all get eaten by zombies until the season finale.
Daryl: Arf!
Carol: Yeah. We're gonna run this place. You pretty boys just go right on thinking that. Oh, and bring me a latte.

Morgan: Hey, look. A tree. Hey, look. A map. Easiest. Paycheck. Ever.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Somebody should make a fan-made AMC intro for Walking Dead, and keep it really short and simple.

Previously, on AMC's The Walking Dead; here's what happened:

A shot of Rick saying "things".  Followed by another shot of Rick saying "and stuff".

• Love 3

I'm good as long as they don't line up ALL the dead blonde women/girls to usher anyone else off into the sweet hereafter.  If FPP or Noah happen to see Amy, Andrea, and Beth show up with a guitar, they'd better run.

And Mika and Lizzie and and and ...Bicycle Girl. Geez, blondes don't stand a chance on this show....

• Love 2

And Mika and Lizzie and and and ...Bicycle Girl. Geez, blondes don't stand a chance on this show....

As a proud natural blonde I'm starting to think they are racist against blondes!

2.5 hours.  I can't stand it.

• Love 2
(edited)

As a proud natural blonde I'm starting to think they are racist against blondes!

2.5 hours.  I can't stand it.

Rick, to Jessie:  "Before we get too involved in any thing, I have something to ask you... is that hair your natural color to do you dye it?"

Jessie:  "What??  How is that possibly important or relevant?"

Rick:  "You have no idea how relevant that question is.  For instance, do you see any blonde women in our group?  The things that happen to them, even if they stick around for a season or 2... and then they come back in horrific death visions, singing and stuff."  *shudders*

• Love 4

Do you think the director said "go find the most matrony tops you can find at Goodwill for Carol?" Because it definitely looks like it.

I have to remember to charge my phone before the show. Posting during has become my favorite way to watch the Walking Dead now...

• Love 4

Well, since looking in the mirror and noticing I had Daryl's haircut,   I got to the hairdresser to rectify it.   Not only was I de-Daryl-ed, he cut off so much that the underlying bleached hair is gone.  I am officially brunette and ready for my role on TWD.  except for that shocking lack of acting skills, but hey, Beth.  

All I have to say about thangs and stuff upcoming is if that Deanna gets a piece of Rick, I am out.   Leering 'ol pervert.    I'm convinced she's a gross human being.  I mean, look at her son.   He probably pulled the legs from spiders and set them on fire with a magnifying glass. 

• Love 5

Well, since looking in the mirror and noticing I had Daryl's haircut,   I got to the hairdresser to rectify it.   Not only was I de-Daryl-ed, he cut off so much that the underlying bleached hair is gone.  I am officially brunette and ready for my role on TWD.  except for that shocking lack of acting skills, but hey, Beth.  

All I have to say about thangs and stuff upcoming is if that Deanna gets a piece of Rick, I am out.   Leering 'ol pervert.    I'm convinced she's a gross human being.  I mean, look at her son.   He probably pulled the legs from spiders and set them on fire with a magnifying glass. 

So happy we don't have to worry about the blonde thang with you :)

Now, I am thinking that since this season is winding down ( how episodes left?) I will be in trouble unless Z Nation gets busy and returns pronto.

• Love 1