Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

There are speculations on tumblr that the Anders brothers and Darren may be collaborating on a song, maybe for the finale.

Apparently Adam Anders just tweeted (and I checked, it was like half an hour ago)

AdamAnders: Had a great time with @DarrenCriss all night I the studio!  10pm and only about 5 hours to go…. #GleeFinalSeason

Edited by fakeempress

Amber and Chris have finished their final recordings of Glee, so sad. :( I hope they give Kurt a solo because this season he has not really had much to do as a solo character. Everything has been connected to Blaine and I hope that changes.

• Love 1

There are speculations on tumblr that the Anders brothers and Darren may be collaborating on a song, maybe for the finale.

Apparently Adam Anders just tweeted (and I checked, it was like half an hour ago)

AdamAnders: Had a great time with @DarrenCriss all night I the studio!  10pm and only about 5 hours to go…. #GleeFinalSeason

God i hope not, the final should not be about darren criss getting a perform an original song he can release it on march 21st after the show jmo.

I think a series ending should include everyone that made the series a success and that includes quinn, puck, santana, brittany and mike it is gonna be jarring not to see these folks during the final episode.

• Love 3

Amber and Chris have finished their final recordings of Glee

Not exactly according to Alex Anders. This is another 'maybe', after what he tweeted about Darren. Probably something to do with the thing (song?) they're working on with him, and not being sure if they need to record more for it - or just covering his bases if Ryan Murphy demands last minute key changes lol

Alex Anders @alxanders  ·  2h 2 hours ago

With @chriscolfer yesterday for maybe last Glee session. Love this guy! One of the nicest and most talented I know.

Edited by fakeempress

Not exactly according to Alex Anders. This is another 'maybe', after what he tweeted about Darren. Probably something to do with the thing (song?) they're working on with him, and not being sure if they need to record more for it - or just covering his bases if Ryan Murphy demands last minute key changes lol

Alex Anders @alxanders  ·  2h 2 hours ago

With @chriscolfer yesterday for maybe last Glee session. Love this guy! One of the nicest and most talented I know.

Amber said it was her final session though so she's probably done. Chris might be a maybe though, and Darren as well.

Chris also made it sound like it's his last time in the studio. Alex now says maybe. So, let's wait before stating something as fact. 

I guess except he didn't respond to Amber or anything. Wouldn't surprise me if she's in another number but we'll see. 

Glee's filming next week and needs a bunch of extras in formal suits and cocktail dresses. Screams Tony Awards ceremony for Rachel. Let's see whom is going to attend.

Here is what that link says

NON UNION men and women to work Glee Wednesday 2-18-15. Must be available all day and live in So. Cal. area to work this show.

Men and women ages 18 to 70 with formal attire. Men must have full black tuxedos and women long gowns/cocktail attire, but no white. Please do not submit if you do not meet the requirements.

My guess is there is some sort of flash forward and this is Rachel getting a Tony.  How cheap and predictable.  I would prefer there not be a flash forward to such a huge win but rather her last scene be her on stage in an off Broadway production.  That way we know we know she is back to pursuing her Broadway dreams but it doesn't come across like wish fulfillment fanfic.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

My guess is there is some sort of flash forward and this is Rachel getting a Tony.  How cheap and predictable.  I would prefer there not be a flash forward to such a huge win but rather her last scene be her on stage in an off Broadway production.  That way we know we know she is back to pursuing her Broadway dreams but it doesn't come across like wish fulfillment fanfic.

Ugh, how awful. All Season 5 had to do was show how all the crazy things that went on in the glee club--from jealous infighting, to Sue's insane shenanigans, to last minute fixits that staved on impending disaster--helped Rachel to withstand all the indignities and disappointments that come with trying to make it on Broadway, Season 6 could have been the payoff for persevering when a lot of weaker performers would have just given up.

Instead, we're halfway through the final season and Rachel hasn't done anything but try to resurrect her high school glee club and go on a Broadway audition arranged for her by a friend. And it sounds like we're going to end with a tepid, unearned fanfiction as dreamed up by an eleven year old.

I suppose we'll be able to tell how many years it took Rachel to win her Tony by the ages of all Kurt and Blaine's babies--who will naturally attend the awards show with them.

• Love 1

Ok. So Sam and Rachel may have a scene together in a park. And? Maybe their sitting there talking about how Rachel's future is in NY and Sam's is not. Maybe Sam is proposing (it wouldn't be the first time.) Who knows? I just don't get what being so insistent that Sam and Rachel have a scene alone together in a park is supposed to prove? It's all just speculation and conjecture until we see the scene.My speculation, based on the spoilers we've seen so far is that if they do send Rachel back to NY, they send her back totally single, but with the knowledge that yes, she is ready to love again. If they somehow keep her in Lima, which I'm still not sure how they would do, but hey it's Glee, then yeah, I can see them going all in on the Samchel thing. But I don't think they will leave it ambiguous. Either they are going to be together or not. Again, just my speculation based on what we know about this show and what has been spoiled so far.

To me it's obvious they are going to pull the Finn 2.0; Sam will "nobly" , just like Finn in "Goodbye" in Season3, send Rachel off to her end game Broadway destiny because the doesn't want to hold her back.

IOW, after fucking each other like rabbits, the passion is gone.

Sort of my guilty pleasure but I still want to see Rachel get that Tony.   Will it  be as satisfying as it could have been if they had not thrown her entire arc under the bus to get her back to Lima. NO.  But I can't help it, like  Klainers  wanting a wedding, I guess I want that moment.    But I will probably be ok if she is just shown on the stage again too.

I would  forgo the Tony moment if  that momnet ended up being about Sam or her saying she is going back to Lima now that she has fullfilled her dreams, ick.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

To me it's obvious they are going to pull the Finn 2.0; Sam will "nobly" , just like Finn in "Goodbye" in Season3, send Rachel off to her end game Broadway destiny because the doesn't want to hold her back.

IOW, after fucking each other like rabbits, the passion is gone.

I could see that. And yet again, someone would be making a decision for Rachel as opposed to her making a decision about her future for herself. 

Sort of my guilty pleasure but I still want to see Rachel get that Tony.

As long as I see her back in NY, even if she is in some acting class or off Broadway show as chorus member #1, I would be good. I will know that for Rachel that Tony is an eventuality, no matter what. Seeing her back on the right path is all I need. 

Edited by spiritof76

There are definitely a couple of things suggesting a flashforward in the finale. That one with the formal attire is probably Rachel related. There was one for red-haired twins and that plus the Anders tweet about his son in the studio has some people speculating that we'll get to see Will sing with his son.

Edited by Sara2009

As much as I can't stand the Klaine pairing and see no rational for them to be together, let alone get married and stay together, I can totally see the show setting them up to be a Neil Patrick Harris/Dave Burtka type couple. Both successful and disgustingly adorable together with ridiculously photogenic children.

Last night Chord tweeted a pic of him with a beard as he and Amber were filming her last musical performance on stage.  No ne else tweeted bout it but Chord and Amber, so it appears to be just those two filming at that time

http://instagram.com/p/y_P59UuX3b/

He was the only one who tweeted about her singing "All That Bass" too. So I don't think that indicates they were the only ones on earth.

Sam Rubin: Here's the thing that Kevin is dealing with. Next Saturday, they say, "Cut, wrap, we're done." And you said, as you were filming just recently, you're getting to the point where you're realizing, "Oh, this is gonna happen."

Kevin McHale: Yeah, last night was Amber's—who plays Mercedes—it was her last solo, ever. And it was—I think I've been in denial—it's like "Oh, I'm gonna be fine," and we're all standing there watching her sing and we're like [whimpers], like in rehearsal just losing it. I was walking around the lot and just tearing up randomly, I'm like, "I'm going to go to In-N-Out at some point next week and like they're going to mess up my order and I'm going to lose it."

http://kevinmchalenews.com/post/110826762452/sam-rubin-heres-the-thing-that-kevin-is-dealing

Yep knew it. Everybody watches Mercedes solo. Ugh my heart. This is all so sad.

Yup knew it.

Sam declares his ENDGAME love to Mercedes and she says NAY, sending  his ass packing. 

I'm guessing if there is a flash forward, Rachel is starring in a hit BW musical with Jesse St. James.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Yup knew it.

Sam declares his ENDGAME love to Mercedes and she says NAY, saying his ass packing. 

Sam tries the old Blaine trick having all of Mercedes friends around so she feels compelled to say yes but she  reworks hell to the no for the occasion.

• Love 1

Someone tell Kevin McHale to grow up, it's only a job, and unlike lots of people in America he has another one to go to. 

He's saying goodbye to something that had a profound effect on his life, as well as millions of other people. It's the same reason that people cry at high school graduations. Yeah, you move onto college, but you're saying goodbye to people that you've spent 5 days a week with for 4 years, and it's also the end of an era.

• Love 7

I don't think Kevin needs to grow up.  He has spent the last 6+ years of his life working very long hours on Glee.  These people are his friends and they have gone through some very public intense experiences together.  I am sure it is sad to say goodbye even as he has a future to go towards

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

Yup knew it.

Sam declares his ENDGAME love to Mercedes and she says NAY, sending  his ass packing. 

I'm guessing if there is a flash forward, Rachel is starring in a hit BW musical with Jesse St. James.

According to Kevin everybody watches her performance. So it's a Mercedes solo on stage and Artie, Sam, Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, and Tina probably all watch her sing it. 

Also why should Kevin grow up? This was his livelihood for 6 years and it made an impact on him and millions of others all across the world. He has a right to cry when it's ending. 

I don't blame Kevin, or anyone in the cast, for starting to really feel it now that production is winding down. Six years is a long time to be spent doing a show and being with the same cast. For all the ups and downs, they've been through a lot together and for many in the cast, they grew up on this show. I can completely understand feeling the loss, even if they have new jobs to move on to.

• Love 1

Some looking hard for things to criticize.

Some of these people have been working together since Oct. 2008. They traveled the world together and have many experiences together good, bad and tragic.  If they had no emotions about it  being over I would worry about them tbh.  

Edited by tom87
  • Love 6

He's saying goodbye to something that had a profound effect on his life, as well as millions of other people. It's the same reason that people cry at high school graduations. Yeah, you move onto college, but you're saying goodbye to people that you've spent 5 days a week with for 4 years, and it's also the end of an era.

I remember people crying when they left secondary school, I thought they were weird too. 

• Love 1

Also why should Kevin grow up? This was his livelihood for 6 years and it made an impact on him and millions of others all across the world. He has a right to cry when it's ending. 

I'm sure he'll find it tough to appropriate other people's struggles to make a living after this. 

Someone tell Kevin McHale to grow up, it's only a job, and unlike lots of people in America he has another one to go to. 

I remember people crying when they left secondary school, I thought they were weird too. 

Being sad at the end of a long-time job where you work with the same people regularly would be considered a pretty common human emotion.  Actors cry at the end of shows all the time.

The source on GF yesterday said that stand in's for Rachel, Kurt, Mercedes, Tina, Artie, Kurt, Blaine, and Sam were going to be filming yesterday and that stagehands had to be ready by 3 pm LA time. So this to me is clearly the scene that was filmed yesterday. All the characters watch Mercedes sing her final solo on the stage.

All the characters watch Mercedes sing her final solo on the stage.

It also could be  be the actors just stood out around to watch each others lip synched "last" performances on the show, whether they shared the scene or not.

My own spec:

Everyone was there but by the end of the song only Sam was there with tears in his eye as realized that Mercedes was the love of his life.  i would bet the farm on Venus on that.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 3

It also could be  be the actors just stood out around to watch each others lip synched "last" performances on the show, whether they shared the scene or not.

My own spec:

Everyone was there but by the end of the song only Sam was there with tears in his eye as realized that Mercedes was the love of his life.  i would bet the farm on Venus on that.

Endgame and soul-mates.    Maybe Beiste really got ordained this time  and can marry them on the spot.

• Love 1

Yes but all the characters had the same call time yesterday and this scene was filmed yesterday. Clearly they were in rehearsals the entire day and then they shot the scene. Stagehands had to be on set by 3pm.  So they were all setting up for the performance where everybody watched her sing her final song.

Edited by Hookian

Maybe Beiste really got ordained this time  and can marry them on the spot.

I wonder if Sheldon will retain Shanon's nickname of Beistie...

Yes but all the characters had the same call time yesterday and this scene was filmed yesterday. Clearly they were in rehearsals the entire day and then they shot the scene.

Not all actors with the same call time are automatically in every scene or every rehearsal together.