Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Chord is not in 10, b4 the break, the two weeks they filmed 8, 9 and started 10Chord only filmed the wedding scenes, he basically had a mini vacation.  When he returned from break h did an afternoon scene with Dot, Jane, Matt, and Chris,mwas n the studio he next day and then off to Mexico, he returned the next Monday and did a musical for 11 and was wearing the same outfit he wore in his scenes with the teachers the mon before, so that was 11 too

There is no such info bout a tour person seeing Chord/Lea, and Stacey from glee forum didn't confirm anything, she said she didn't know but if Lea was on location doing the park scene, she would be popped and she wasn't.  Darren, Chord, Amber, and Lea taped that day at 8am, later that morning 10'30 and 11am, the park scene and a MHS scene where Matt joined ad and later Chris.  Joaq tweeted that day that he spent the day working with Lea, Darren, Chris, and Matt (no mention of Amber or Chord, which means Lea was filming at the 11am MHS shoot, with Joaq while Chord and Amber were at the 10'30 am park shoot with another crew.  Amber is not in ep 10

Doesn't gender reassignment surgery take years?

The effects from the hormones trans people take can take years to fully take hold; they're slow, steady changes.  But everyone is different, so you can see effects as early as 6 months.  There's some indication from the show that Beiste is already on hormones, and we don't know how long that's been, so I don't have a problem with, for instance, facial hair showing up.  It's the surgery that's the problem for me (not to bang this drum again).  For Female-To-Male gender reassignment surgery, you are supposed to allow *at least* two months recovery time (like essentially bed rest), sometimes even more.  So for realism, Glee should allow two months from 6.03 to 6.07.  

Oh my god, I can't believe I just said 'for realism' in a sentence about Glee.  I hate myself sometimes.

Sectionals in the past have been late fall (Dec 9 Season 1, Nov 30 Season 2, Dec 6 Season3).  I guess it's a nice parallel to the first season?  Presumably they'll end up with the McKinley Glee Club on some permanent footing going forward, my personal bet is that it's Mr. Schue returned to run things.

ETA:  TO be fair, Chord not being around doesn't mean Sam isn't in certain episodes.  They can film his scenes in a bunch, and then just splice them back into the episode.  I know they've done that with other shows where they have a guest star over multiple episodes, for instance.

Edited by tab19

Aren't there pictures of the cast in like sparkly blue outfits? I thought that was for 10 when they do that bar mitzvah and Rachel sings "Break Free". Chord is in those pictures. But I guess thst could be 11 not sure.

There's spoilers about them singing at a Bar Mitzvah. I think those are the sparkly outfits episode. Matt and Jane are in them too.

I thought it was the male incest twin murdering 'I Want To Break Free'

Yes that is for "Child Star" and right now it is episode 10 but it could be episode 9 depending on where "2009" is in the schedule.  Still I think all regulars but Amber and Kevin are in that episode.  

"Break Free" by Ariana Grande is supposedly sung by Rachel and Beiste with Will and the rest singing back-up and dancing (well Will dancing the rest making very bad attempts to do so).  That makes me wonder if "Child Star" has something to do with Rachel working towards going back to Broadway as that is also one of Lea's nicknames on set.  

"I want to Break Free" by Queen is supposedly sung by Mason.  I think he could do a pretty good job on it as he has the best voice out of the newbies.  

Edited by camussie

It sure looks great that this show is so obsessed with everyone ending up with a high school love interest, except for the black girl, who don't need no man. Obviously.

Maybe in the flash forward Glee does at the end of the final episode it will show Mercedes winning a Grammy and thanking her manager/husband, ala Mariah and Celine.

I kind of am starting to have a feeling that both Rachel and Mercedes are going to end Glee alone, the whole "successful career women can't have it all". This show is good at trying to placate fans, but still remaining offensive.

• Love 2

The sad thing is I want Rachel to find love again, just not with Sam or Jesse but rather with someone who not in the business but accomplished in his own right and also comfortable in his skin..  As for Mercedes I want her too as well.  Given how important her faith is to her I could easily see her with a preacher at a large urban church.  She would work with the choir in between gigs.  

• Love 1

Max George aka Clint just tweeted he's in the studio. Which leads to the speculation that Sectionals is indeed 13.

LOL way to end on a high note Glee. A Sectionals episode, with competition no1curr about, and half of the cast missing.

• Love 6

LOL way to end on a high note Glee. A Sectionals episode, with competition no1curr about, and half of the cast missing.

I kind of knew this would happen. The Front 13 of the show ended with Sectionals, so it's appropriate the final 13 do as well. This also can lean into why Jesse is coming back and it's leading up to a final showdown between ND's led by Rachel and VA led by Jesse.

Well anyway here's something to laugh at.

Glee - Episode 6.09 - 2009

ITS FLASHBACK FRIDAY ON AN ALL-NEW GLEE FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 27, ON FOX

GLEE goes back in time to see why the original members of New Directions signed up for glee club in the first place in the all-new 2009 episode of GLEE airing Friday, Feb. 27 (9:00-10:00 PM ET /PT) on FOX. (GLE-609) (TV-14 D, L)

Cast: Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jane Lynch as Sue; and Matthew Morrison as Will

Guest Cast: Mark Salling as Puck Puckerman; Kevin McHale as Artie Abrams; Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina Cohen-Chang; and Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury

Puck Puckerman. LMAO!! Well this ends the debate about 2009 being part of the 2 hour finale.

Edited by Hookian

As the other jocks are back too I think they will rewrite Puck some to fill the role Finn had back then - the jock who participated in the bullying but was never really comfortable with it.   I also wonder how they are going to show all of these jocks hanging together and work around that Finn should be with them - just not mention him at all or have someone say he home sick or something like that.

As for the finale we have no idea what Jesse's role is.  He might be the director of VA but that certainly isn't fact.  For that matter even if he is the lead of VA I still think his role will include something about Rachel's future given his last two appearances have played into that theme as well.  

Edited by camussie

Or Max George could be recording for episode  12 even if they have started filming it.

Lea just recorded on Friday and Alex Anders said it wouldn't be the her last time in the studio.

I still have a hard time believing  they will waste precious song time in the last episode on a bunch of  glee  gorps instead of the  min players. 

Or Max George could be recording for episode  12 even if they have started filming it.

Lea just recorded on Friday and Alex Anders said it wouldn't be the her last time in the studio.

I still have a hard time believing  they will waste precious song time in the last episode on a bunch of  glee  gorps instead of the  min players. 

There's a big difference between Lea recording and Max. It makes sense to end the show on a competition, plus it would be a shout out to the F13, which also ended with Sectionals.

Seeing as we now know 12-13 is the 2 hour finale 12 can build up to the main competition in 13 now.  2009 is no longer any worry it will stick to it's production number.

Edited by Hookian
GLEE goes back in time to see why the original members of New Directions signed up for glee club in the first place.

Um because they all liked to perform?

Rachel thought she needed for her dream of Bway/fame?,  The rest of them wanted to sing and have fun?

I smell recon.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 4

There's a big difference between Lea recording and Max. It makes sense to end the show on a competition, plus it would be a shout out to the F13, which also ended with Sectionals.

or it could point to it still being episode 12 the first part of the 2 parter and end with them sending  Rachel and others on their way in the second part which would mirror the end of season 3.

My point in mentioning Lea was to say they could still very well be recording for episode 12.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

Um because they all liked to perform?

Rachel thought it need for her dream of Bway/fame? ,  The rest of them wanted to sing and have fun?

I smell recon.

They were in Sandy Ryerson's glee club before, weren't they. One big retcon coming right up.

Edited by fakeempress

The songs are out on Itunes for "What the World Needs Now". I think they all sound great! Good week for music, IMO.

I only listened to the clips, but from what I gather, here's how it sounds like:

"I'll Never Fall in Love Again" - Rachel and Sam

"Baby It's You" - Mercedes

"Wishin' and Hopin'" - Artie, Brittany, and Blaine (maybe Sam too?)

"Arthur's Theme" - Artie, Roderick, Sam, Blaine (and maybe some other newbies, idk their voices yet).

"Promises, Promises" - Rachel

"(They Long to Be) Close to You" - Sam

"Alfie" - Santana

"What the World Needs Now" - Rachel, Mercedes, Will, Sam, Kurt, Artie, Blaine

It's good to hear Artie and Mercedes again (and Will for the first time this season).

I liked most all of them but "Close to You."  I just really don't like Chord's lower register and beyond that I am very picky about who covers songs Karen Carpenter did first because to me her voice is one of the most amazing that ever was.  That is one song I would have loved Chris to do and I am not usually a fan of his.  I also would have loved to hear Matt on it

So glad to finally hear Matt this season.  

Edited by camussie

I liked most all of them but "Close to You."  I just really don't like Chord's lower register.  That is one song I would have loved Chris to do and I am not usually a fan of his.  

I like it, but then again I like Chord's voice. And selfishly, as a Sam fan, I'm happy he finally gets a solo that's actually serious. The only other time he really did was "Something" and that whole sequence in the actual show was kind of terrible to me, even though I like his version.

Also, I think Heather sounds great on "Wishin' and Hopin'" and I'm not usually a fan of her voice.

I just don't understand how you can do a flashback episode without Cory and Dianna. And including characters that weren't even at McKinley during that time. It makes zero sense, but I do like that Puck will be there.

I think the episode specifically focuses according to the PR on why those original 5 chose to join the Glee Club or something right? So that's why, we know why Quinn and Finn joined the club, we saw it in S1. The others not so much.

The lack of Chris is any meaningful way in these songs is really telling. He's got an ideal voice for Bacharach and the best they can come up with are a few shared lines with Kevin? But Chord gets a solo, a duet and leads in Arthur's theme? *sigh*

Am resigning myself to him not getting a single solo this season.

• Love 3

Also, I think Heather sounds great on "Wishin' and Hopin'" and I'm not usually a fan of her voice.

I thought that was my cats fighting again!

Christ that was painful. Naya and Amber sound great, as will Chris and Matt on the few lines they get.

Chord is brutally murdering 'Close To You' and 'I'll Never Fall In Love Again' Lea sound like she was singing 'I'll Never Fall In Love Again' as a joke.

• Love 1

I was always indifferent with Chord he was middle of the road  but close to you shows his weaknesses.  

Lea sounds good on  her solo and I like Naya on Alfie.   What the world needs now I like until the end, Amber is to over powering with adlibs (blame producers) and the ending is too cheesy.

And where the hell is Chris it makes no sense. He could have taken some of  some of the Chord  or Darren parts in the group songs if nothing else.

Edited by tom87

Naya is great on her solo but why is she singing the title song from a movie about a womaniser?

because Burt Bacharach wrote it duh.

He only wrote 8 songs and they are using them all.  :)

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

The lack of Chris is any meaningful way in these songs is really telling. He's got an ideal voice for Bacharach and the best they can come up with are a few shared lines with Kevin? But Chord gets a solo, a duet and leads in Arthur's theme? *sigh*

Am resigning myself to him not getting a single solo this season.

It's amazing what happens when you become the official love interest of the star of the show isn't it. You get tons of storyline and songs dedicated to your storyline. How is anybody shocked by this?

Am indifferent to Lea's rendition of Promises Promises. She gave it her usual bombastic treatment and I again feel like I'm being yelled at. That this is going to be Rachel's big audition number just makes it even more pointless.

Don't get me started on Rachel even having an audition and not finding her CV had been tossed in the trash.

The rest of the numbers range from dull to really bad with the exception of Alfie. Naya is great, but I can't figure out how this song will have any context in Santana's and Brittany's storyline. And can someone explain to me why the coach of a rival choir and the assistant football coach get leads in a song with ND while their own co-choir director doesn't?

The rest of the numbers range from dull to really bad with the exception of Alfie. Naya is great, but I can't figure out how this song will have any context in Santana's and Brittany's storyline. 

I am pretty sure that the "Alfie" she's singing to in this song is actually her abuela, i.e. telling her how great love is.

It's amazing what happens when you become the official love interest of the star of the show isn't it. You get tons of storyline and songs dedicated to your storyline. How is anybody shocked by this?

So how come Darren who became  the love interest of one of the shows leads  always gets more than that lead?

Sam or Blaine getting more duets  may make sense but not more on  group songs.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

It's amazing what happens when you become the official love interest of the star of the show isn't it? You get tons of screentime and songs dedicated to your storyline. How is anybody shocked by this?

We're not shocked by it, we're complaining it suck and they're running some perfectly good song by have Chord sing them instead of someone who can sing.

• Love 1

All the Bacharach songs are underwhelming imo, except for Amber's 'Baby It's You'. 'What The World Needs Now' is good (finally Matt gets to sing!) till about halfway through, then it gets messy.

I actually like Heather on 'Wishin' and Hopin' but then the guys ruined it: that song would have been so much better if it had the NND girls (Kitty, Jane and Madison) singing with her instead.

Naya's solo was okay but imo a bit lacking in technique and (emotional) sublety, Lea was powerbelting all the soul and lightness out of her songs, Kevin was fine as usual but I don't think his voice is fitting the style. The less said about Darren and especially Chord the better, brrrrr.

The newbies Roderick and Mason (can't remember their real names) were doing alright on the tidbits we heard, but Spencer is Chord/Darren level bad. And how can they not have Jane ex-Warbler sing when she's one of the few who would sound great on a Bacharach song?

Adding my voice to those who wanted Chris to sing at least a few decent solo lines in a Burt Bacharach tribute. Is he the only one of the (old) regulars not really singing this week? If so, wtf?!?

• Love 1

I kind of knew this would happen. The Front 13 of the show ended with Sectionals, so it's appropriate the final 13 do as well

I wouldn't say it's appropriate, I would say it's another example of these piss-poor writers having no idea how to advance a show. They spent six years spinning their wheels as fast as they could, spinning mud into everyone's face in the audience, and are stuck right back where they started.

• Love 1

I actually really liked both Promises Promises and I'll Never Fall in Love. I think Lea sounds lovely on both and I like Chord on the song too he doesn't have the strongest voice but I don't think it's as bad as some.

And how can they not have Jane ex-Warbler sing when she's one of the few who would sound great on a Bacharach song?

I would have given anything to hear Jane sing Promises Promises instead of it being another forgettable Rachel solo. She would have done it justice.

And how can they not have Jane ex-Warbler sing when she's one of the few who would sound great on a Bacharach song?

Maybe she's the new Kurt? Edited by indeed

Out of 8 songs 2 are very good and 1 is bearable. I actually enjoyed "Alfie", "Baby It's You", and "Arthur's Theme". "WNN" started out good and progressively became bad. The arrangement once more is messy in my opinion. Heather props for trying put "WAH" is so autotuned and the male voices weigh the song down, they should have used females for the background. "Promises, Promises" well its the same old Rachel Berry who sings every song the same with little to no variation. "NFILA" was a snooze fest. Rachel and Sam's voices really do not work well together and they surely do not compliment each other.

I have to disagree that Sam/Chord is a or the "lead" he like almost everyone in this final season is along for the ride in the Rachel Berry Show he just happened to yell "shot gun" first. Since the options were few (white, able bodied, regular cast heterosexual male) he gets to be the scrub and sit on the passenger side of Rachel's ride. So IMO he is nothing more than another device to further Rachel's epic rise from the ashes story and by no means should he be a first choice "lead" voice for any song. He actually butchered the hell out of "Close To You" in my opinion its dry, dull, and horrific maybe he should have given it a country feel because the low register and agonizing tone in which he tries to go high are painful.

The show at least use to have good music but everything so far from the writing to the songs have been basic. Right now I definitely think 13 episodes are about 7 too many!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Because she's wasn't needed to prop up a white person story. I think she's there as window dressing, just like Amber so they can still claim to have a diverse cast.

Why are we only getting the newbies who can't even sing this week? Did think if they hired talented male newbies it would show up Darren, Kevin and Chord?

• Love 1

I actually really liked both Promises Promises and I'll Never Fall in Love. I think Lea sounds lovely on both and I like Chord on the song too he doesn't have the strongest voice but I don't think it's as bad as some.

I actually thought he was Mark in I'll Never Fall in Love because of his lower register.

Yeah.  I don't even like Chris' voice a lot of the time but I do know that he is ideally suited to sing Bacharach so it is crime that he doesn't have one solo or even duet this week.

• Love 1

Mark can sing in tune.

I think Chord sounds great, and his duets with Lea definitely show vocal chemistry. I'm looking forward to Time After Time next week and the many other duets they're probably gonna get for the rest of the season. I would estimate 3-4 more duets for sure. They're gonna want to give them the most duets out of all the Rachel pairings aside from F/R because I would never want them to pass that and also that is almost impossible. Unless they devote an entire episode to these two singing duets and even I would think that's crossing a line.

I like the girls except for Lea who is indeed belting without need on Promises Promises. Amber and Naya sound great, and I like WWNN as a group song but could do without Chord butting in on it with a solo line.

Given how Chris gets bubkis from 8 whole songs, I have to ask what was Anders thinking.  Some of the arrangements undercut the singers even more than they are already able, for instance Arthur's Theme, where everyone is audibly struggling. 

The newbies Roderick and Mason (can't remember their real names) were doing alright on the tidbits we heard, but Spencer is Chord/Darren level bad. And how can they not have Jane ex-Warbler sing when she's one of the few who would sound great on a Bacharach song?

I thought Spencer guy may sound like an improved Chord, but he sounds worse, if that's possible. And let me not start on Darren and Chord trying to harmonise, that was painful. And the absence of Jane is strange, as is the absence of Chris, again extremely strange decision there, don't know if Anders does the voice allocations so that I'm aware who to blame. 

Edited by fakeempress

Sam getting a lot to sing is nothing new, I don't think it has anything to do with Rachel. In season 4, Sam had 2 solos and 11 duets, and his love interest was Brittany for half the season. 

I thought Spencer guy may sound like an improved Chord, but he sounds worse, if that's possible. And let me not start on Darren and Chord trying to harmonise, that was painful.

He reminds me of Harry when he and Jenna duetted on 'Sing' though pretty sure Spencer's not trying to be out of tune!

Sam getting a lot to sing is nothing new, I don't think it has anything to do with Rachel. In season 4, Sam had 2 solos and 11 duets, and his love interest was Brittany for half the season. 

...At that time he was basically the male lead along w/ Blaine on the Lima side. So of course he got a ton of duets.