Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Sam follows that the writers write for him. If they write he follows Rachel, he'll follow her, and previous characterisation be damned. It won't be the first time the writers would retcon a character to fit their plot, since you mention Beiste. I am also not aware that Beiste is such an influence in the coaching world that he can now secure jobs for barely qualified people. I'm sure that imaginary suburban NY state school has a Sam of their own to find a coaching job for. But the writers can find a job for Sam there too, if they want. That doesn't mean I will be buying either Rachel staying back in Lima, or Sam moving to NY and some magic coaching job.

It's canon that Beiste is a national winning football coach. He could easily help Sam get a head coaching job anywhere I'm sure and he would do it. This is the same Bieste that bought Artie a incredibly incredibly expensive piece of machinery just so Brittany could believe. It's not out of Beiste's character to do something like this.

I am one who wouldn't mind Rachel having a love interest at the end of the show.  I just loathe that the most likely possibility is Finn lite.  There was a way to write a story of Rachel opening her heart again that i could have really gotten into.  I still think on her way to her audition she should meet some guy who has family in Ohio but who calls NYC home.  He is a bit older and successful in his own way (tech entrepreneur, doctor, etc) and they really connect about NYC being the city of dreams and exchange numbers.  Once she gets back to Lima she can't get their conversation out of her head.  They keep in touch.  He comes and visits when he is back in Ohio again visiting family,  Last scene of the show is her going into a callback for that audition with him giving her a kiss for good luck.  Rachel's heart is open to love again.  It isn't a character they are selling as Finn lite or another Jesse clone but rather someone completely different, in a good way, than someone she has dated in the past.  She is on her way back with her career.  This time older and wiser and ready to put the work in to make a career rather than just be a star.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 4

There are script pages in the great void known as Tumblr that seem to indicate some St Elsewhereish ending. I'd call this totally

crazy, but when I went to my work lunch room

today there was a life sized blow up snow globe.

I'm fairly sure I'm not high, but sometimes it is

hard to tell.

I'm about 99% sure that's fake. The " Glee" scripts always have watermarks on them indicating whom they belong to. That's what they're claiming over at GleeForum anyway.

There are script pages in the great void known as Tumblr that seem to indicate some St Elsewhereish ending. I'd call this totally crazy, but when I went to my work lunch room today there was a life sized blow up snow globe. I'm fairly sure I'm not high, but sometimes it is hard to tell.

I read it and I hope, hope this is fake because if this is the final episode, I would consider it to be a last fuck-you to the fans.

• Love 1

I'm about 99% sure that's fake. The " Glee" scripts always have watermarks on them indicating whom they belong to. That's what they're claiming over at GleeForum anyway.

I'd call fake too, but I don't have any faith in Glee Forum either. They spent a day fussing about a "Kum" kiss due to absolutely nothing.

I'd call fake too, but I don't have any faith in Glee Forum either. They spent a day fussing about a "Kum" kiss due to absolutely nothing.

I know, but the person calling this fake has always been reliable about stuff like scripts and call sheets.

Plus if they were going to do a pull away "Look it was all fake!" shot at the end, it would probably be from Sue' POV. Love that Rachel is both paralyzed and brain injured. Or is she crazy? Are we allowed to say crazy anymore or is it differently brained or something? In any event, if this is a fake, they captured Glee's subtleties brilliantly.

I don't want to try to figure out what these people would do in such a situation. It would never be as funny as the Newhart finale. That's how you do a comedic it was all a dream ending.

I still miss Larry, Darryl and his other brother Darryl. 

• Love 2

It's canon that Beiste is a national winning football coach. He could easily help Sam get a head coaching job anywhere I'm sure and he would do it. This is the same Bieste that bought Artie a incredibly incredibly expensive piece of machinery just so Brittany could believe. It's not out of Beiste's character to do something like this.

As I said, the writers can easily have Sam leave Lima again, because there is a school within Rachel's radius which just happens to be looking for a 21 year old with no training apart from 3 months on the job, no particular achievements as high school football player, and no further education. All it takes to do that is a writer putting this on paper.

Funny how a recommendation can get you a job anywhere in the country even if you do not have the prerequisite training or education needed.

If that were the case why didn't award winning glee coach and council of arts member Will just write note to have Finn get a glee job at any high school in NY. NJ or Conn?

Edited by tom87

Contrivance. For some reason they need to be in Lima and everybody has to take show choir very seriously.

I assume all their cats are being held hostage in some Saw-like game far more interesting than making Klaine hook up again again.

There are script pages in the great void known as Tumblr that seem to indicate some St Elsewhereish ending. I'd call this totally crazy, but when I went to my work lunch room today there was a life sized blow up snow globe. I'm fairly sure I'm not high, but sometimes it is hard to tell.

I'm not sure what I just read, on that basis I go with it being true!

• Love 1

That is absolutely true just look at Becca's script for HLP2. It's 100% fake, but this is the glee fandom which is notorious for being the most gullible fandom of them all so it's no surprise.

Time to redeem Becky and have her turn Sue into the proper authorities

Glee fans are gullible some even believe things random people say as fact  over and over again without sources.

Edited by tom87

Funny how a recommendation can get you a job anywhere in the country even if you do not have the prerequisite training or education needed.

If that were the case why didn't award winning glee coach and council of arts member Will just write note to have Finn get a glee job at any high school in NY. NJ or Conn?

BC Finn was cemented at Mckinley as the ND's coach. He couldn't leave. The same is not the same for Sam.

BC Finn was cemented at Mckinley as the ND's coach. He couldn't leave. The same is not the same for Sam.

Was there some sort of gravitational force which wouldn't allow him to leave Lima. Like in the first season of Once Upon a Time when no-one could leave Storybrooke except it just applied to Finn.

There was nothing keeping Finn at McKinley. However there is something keeping Sam there - he made that choice to go back. It wasn't for a girl (unusually) it was for a lifestyle. He chose Lima. Why would he leave now?

That clip was. . .painful. 

First of all, I am among the many that thinks they don't even seem to like each other. Are they trying to insult me for having my own opinion? Maybe you should convince me then. Second of all, TOO MUCH META THE DREAM SEQUENCE MADE ME WANT TO DIE. And third, yes, it is creepy as hell a woman in her sixties is worshipping two of her ex students. 

Sue has become the person I try to avoid as much as possible on tumblr. UUUUUUUGH.

• Love 1

I'm not exactly sure that making Sue be Crazed Klaine Shipper #1 is the best idea if you want the audience to take this pairing seriously. How can anyone think they're anything other than a joke and are making a terrible decision when they eventually get back together?

As for Samchel, honestly I could have been all about a Samchel pairing back in season 2. But a lot has happened since then. Mostly, the writers have made Sam's love life such a complete laughing stock that any girl he gets with in future just can't be taken seriously. At least with the other ships on the show, it was clear they were part of an OTP or had some kind of long-term feelings for their SO, so there's at least a foundation or an element of believability there. But Sam has had a ~soulmate kind of love for at least 3 girls. Four, if you assume Samchel are ending the show together. It's just so dumb.

Glee, why are you so stupid?

• Love 5

Add to that the US Congressman who could also write a recommendation for his stepson or could use an intern in his office

Edited by fakeempress
It's 100% fake, but this is the glee fandom which is notorious for being the most gullible fandom of them all so it's no surprise.

Didn't read the maybe fake or not spoiler but I don't think anyone thinking it could be true means they're gullible and more that with the mess Glee has become, it's probably best to not dismiss anything no matter how crazy it sounds. 

• Love 2

Add to that the US Congressman who could also write a recommendation for his stepson or could use an intern in his office

If you play the Burt is in congress card, any of them could do anything. Not that he could ever win as write in, but once we accept he's there they all get into any internships or schools he calls.

If you play the Burt is in congress card, any of them could do anything. Not that he could ever win as write in, but once we accept he's there they all get into any internships or schools he calls.

Maybe that's how Kurt, Blaine and Rachel got into NYADA, Quinn and Tina got into Ivy League schools and Mike got into a ballet company despite never having done ballet in his life.

• Love 1

My guess is a big sue presence along with producing glee within a drastically reduced budget was probably the two biggest constraints they put on RM and team this year.

Fox has always seemed to see Sue as the face of Glee. I would go as far to say wanting to keep Sue in the thick of things was one reason (along with wanting to franchise Glee) they okay a split narrative and a big reason they allowed that mess to go on long after it was obvious it wasn't working. Dumb on their part. They should have told RM to find some way to relocate sue to NY.

Edited by camussie

Fox has always seemed to see Sue as the face of Glee. I would go as far to say wanting to keep Sue in the thick of things was one reason (along with wanting to franchise Glee) they okay a split narrative and a big reason they allowed that mess to go on long after it was obvious it wasn't working. Dumb on their part. They should have told RM to find some way to relocate sue to NY.

I think Fox is right but that doesn't mean people enjoy Sue or want more of her. She is the face of Glee because she was first really break-out character on the show because of how ridiculous she was, which was funny and entertaining at the time. I have not find Sue either funny or entertaining since S3.

• Love 2

I think the fact that Sue is played by Jane Lynch is a big factor too. Even now she's the most famous actor on the show.

True, LOVE her on Criminal minds. I hope after she is done with Glee, she gets to do more work on that show. 

I'm sure that script is fake, if only because if they were really going to do that, it would be completely under lock and key.  Although props to whoever spent the time making a fake script... even if they did steal the idea from Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

So much for this time it is different with Sam because he isn't jumping straight into declarations of love. At least with the other girls he went on a date with them first.

And Mercedes sing-songing what about you and Sam is annoying. I don't want her to drowning in pain but I would like her to have a human reaction to the guy she was living with 6 months ago moving on with a close friend. By human I mean  not being a cheerleader for it immediately.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Seems you were mistaken about this being a different path for Sam to take in a relationship because he was going to take it slow for once and because of that this one is guaranteed to be the one that lasts. Seems to me this is the fastest I love you yet.

Also showed that those of us said Mercedes would be reduced to an overused TV trope were correct.

To be clear many of us accepted sam/Rachel were happening but we also said it was going to be WTf writing all along the path. The last two episodes along with preview have confirmed that to me.

Edited by camussie

Everyone's acting out of character to service whatever joke of a storyline the writers felt like writing that week. In short, it's Glee.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised by anything at this point. That script posted upthread could be real and I wouldn't bat an eye.

• Love 5

Seems you were mistaken about this being a different path for Sam to take in a relationship because he was going to take it slow for once and because of that this one is guaranteed to be the one that lasts. Seems to me this is the fastest I love you yet.

Also showed that those of us said Mercedes would be reduced to an overused TV trope were correct.

To be clear many of us accepted sam/Rachel were happening but we also said it was going to be WTf writing all along the path. The last two episodes along with preview have confirmed that to me.

Whoa whoa hold on, they might be saying "love you" but it's not a romantic way. It's like when you do a favor for someone and then say oh thank you "love you" now for Rachel it clearly caught her off guard when she said it. But that's not a romantic I love you.

Mercedes is also the third interested party, so this episode is essentially burying Samcedes and no Sam is no longer hypnotized I've seen that stupid argument from people in massive denial.

Edited by Hookian

Whoa whoa hold on, they might be saying "love you" but it's not a romantic way. It's like when you do a favor for someone and then say thank you "love you" now for Rachel it clearly caught her off guard when she said it. But that's not a romantic I love you.

Mercedes is also the third interested party, so this episode is essentially burying Samcedes and no Sam is no longer hypnotized I've seen that stupid argument from people in massive denial.

It's not that Samcedes is gone and they plowing on with Samchel, I mean that's gross but the way they're treating Mercedes is nothing but a TV trope and a racist one at that.

And Sam has never said I love you in a friendly way, especially to a woman.

It's not that Samcedes is gone and they plowing on with Samchel, I mean that's gross but the way they're treating Mercedes is nothing but a TV trope and a racist one at that.

And Sam has never said I love you in a friendly way, especially to a woman.

Well this episode is essentially resolving Samcedes and pushing toward Samchel. Were the look shared w/ Klaine in the last song of the episode not enough for you to realize this?

Sam saying "love you" is not romantic. I'm for Sam and Rachel and I'm telling you that's not a romantic I love you.

Edited by Hookian

Exactly. I accept that they are pushing forward with this romance. I am just saying that the writing for it has been crud so far and looks to continue in that vein with next week pulling Mercedes into the stupidity.

Well this episode is essentially resolving Samcedes and pushing toward Samchel. Were the look shared w/ Klaine in the last song of the episode not enough for you to realize this?

I can tell you from reading jtrattray since spoilers came out that they accepted that they were going to "resolve" Sam/Mercedes while pushing ahead with Sam/Rachel.  Pointing out that the way they are going about resolving them is a racist trope is NOT the same thing as being in denial that they are doing it.

Let me make it absolutely clear (and I think I can speak for many of us here).  We totally get that they are doing this Sam/Rachel romance.  It is happening and we understand that so there is no debate there which makes you pointing out over and over that it is happening, as if someone is debating that, strange,

That said, understanding it is happening, is not the same thing as buying into what they are desperately trying to sell.  Sure they are trying to say this is some grand romance but even if they end the show with Sam/Rachel together I will never really believe that they would have lasted.  Just like I would have never believed that Finn/Rachel were going to be together forever after their planned slapped together ending.  The shipper in me would have enjoyed the scene but the realist in me knows it would have never lasted.  

Why?  Because the Glee writers wouldn't have earned that  belief.  Just like they haven't earned me buying this is some grand romance for either Sam or Rachel.  Sam repeating Finn's lines, Mercedes being the oh so tropey black best friend, or whatever else they want to throw only reinforces my belief that the writers aren't earning this.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 10

Exactly. I accept that they are pushing forward with this romance. I am just saying that the writing for it has been crud so far and looks to continue in that vein with next week pulling Mercedes into the stupidity.

At least they're not doing a love triangle and they're being honest with Samcedes shippers instead of stringing them along.