Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

You spin me round ( like a record) is a guilty pleasure of my, Pete Burns was great on that singing and performance wise. Looking forward to Glees Version. This might be a fit for the Klaine in an elevator sl.

Storyline wise and vocally Father Figure would suit Will perfectly. The romantic undertones of the song may make it a bit inappropriate if he sings it to Rachel but the man sang Blurred lines with 15 year olds so it's nothing new. Endless love and Don't stand so close to me/ young girl was hilarious and I think it could be a really sweet Will/ Rachel moment.

Edited by Pink ranger

"It Must Have Been Love" is one of those songs that I had been waiting for them to sing. It just seems so "Glee". I'm surprised it took them 6 years. Just as I'm surprised it took them 5 to sing "I Want to Know What Love Is".

Also, aren't these the invitational episodes? Pretty sure "All Out of Love" and "It Must Have Been Love" are being sung by new ND. I won't be surprised if a couple of these are Warbler numbers, like "My Sharona" or "You Spin Me Round"

Edited by Craphole Island

I won't be surprised if a couple of these are Warbler numbers, like "My Sharona" or "You Spin Me Round"

Both of those have been done many, many times by the collegiate a cappella crowd they could steal arrangements from now that they don't bother with paying the Bubs to do it the right way. The sad thing is that even stealing them they have no idea how to make the studio singers do it right.

• Love 1

Storyline wise and vocally Father Figure would suit Will perfectly. The romantic undertones of the song may make it a bit inappropriate if he sings it to Rachel but the man sang Blurred lines with 15 year olds so it's nothing new. Endless love and Don't stand so close to me/ young girl was hilarious and I think it could be a really sweet Will/ Rachel moment.

Father Figure can't be used for comedy and Will singing "I will be the one who love you til the end of time" to anyone but Emma is creepy. Anyone else is too young to sing it.

Also I don't think anyone has the voice for it, even Matt Morrison. I wish Glee would learn because someone has a good voice it doesn't mean they can sing anything.

Will could sing it to his baby I guess, that would remove the creep factor.

Not sure how "bold and naked by your side" is not creepy for anyone but Emma.

They wouldn't go there and have Bieste sing it right?!?

Not sure how "bold and naked by your side" is not creepy for anyone but Emma.

They wouldn't go there and have Bieste sing it

right?!?

It wouldn't be the first time this show was unintentionally creepy with songs. Remember " Poker Face" and " Somebody that I Used To

Know?" Ha ha

Since it's actually a romantic song, I wonder if maybe Sam will sing it. Or one of the showchoirs sings it.

ETA: It could also be Kurt and/or Blaine. They have a big plot in this episode about their relationship.

Edited by Sara2009

None of the singers have been confirmed yet, we are just speculating. Father figure just seems to be sung from a mentor type to someone much younger. It would be an odd Klaine duet for example since they don't have that dynamic. Maybe it's a choir directors song? Kurt/Rachel to ND or Blane to the Warblers.

To be honest, "Father Figure" is kind of creepy to me no matter who sings it. It's just a creepy song in general to me. *shrugs*

Haha! I was just about to post the same thing. George Michael makes it seductive but there's no other way to sing it.

Mind you I wouldn't have thought you could do Take Me or Leave Me and take out the relationship references but they managed it!

Kurt/Blaine would make WAAY more sense than Will, though.

Though it could be a funny " Will misinterprets lyrics again" situation. He sings it, and then Rachel's like " Mr. Schue, do you even know what that song's about?"

Klaine aren't each other's father figures though. The only connection to their stoy is that its a love song.

The song clearly isn't really about a father figure. It's about two people in a romantic relationship.

Edited by Sara2009

No but I can think of hundreds of love songs that would be more fitting for Klaines storyline than father figure. It dosent even really match the duets that they have had in the past. Why use a song that directly implys a large age difference between the two people involved when that isn't relavant to the characters?

It's a really strange song by itself. That's Glee bait. They love to be fucked up. I'm calling the twins just because it is the worst possible option.

Or Sam singing to the gay jock. It's fucked up in its meaning and Chord will completely murder it!

• Love 2

No but I can think of hundreds of love songs that would be more fitting for Klaines storyline than father figure. It dosent even really match the duets that they have had in the past. Why use a

song that directly implys a large age difference

between the two people involved when that isn't

relavant to the characters?

Because Ryan wanted a George Michael song on the show? Seriously, that could be the explanation. Given the placement of the song in the episode, Klaine could also make sense.

Because Ryan wanted a George Michael song on the show? Seriously, that could be the explanation. Given the placement of the song in the episode, Klaine could also make sense.

George Michael has written lots of beautiful love songs that would make more sense. I'd pay money to hear Chris Colfer sing 'Jesus To a Child', One More Try would work for Klaine, Amazing would work if they patch things up.

Father Figure works for no-one. Unless the do it like they did Wide Awake, but that's the only thing I don't like about that song is it isn't relevant to anyone's storyline.

George Michael has written lots of beautiful love songs that would make more sense. I'd pay money to hear Chris Colfer sing 'Jesus To a Child', One More Try would work for Klaine

, Amazing would work if they patch things up.

Father Figure works for no-one. Unless the do it like they did Wide Awake, but that's the only thing I don't like about that song is it isn't relevant to anyone's storyline.

Yes, I know. I'm just saying that of the two, it fits Kurt/Blaine better than Will/Rachel IMO. I can't see how they'd try to pull off a non-romantic version with the latter. To basically use your same argument, there are a bunch of songs about parent/child or mentor/student that fit better than " Father Figure."

Edited by Sara2009

To be honest, "Father Figure" is kind of creepy to me no matter who sings it. It's just a creepy song in general to me. *shrugs*

This. I don't know that I think it's creepy but I definitely never think of father or mentor type relationship. That song, especially the way George Michael sang it was always incredibly sexy and seductive to me and have you seen the video? Nothing about that video suggested father/child type relationship.

And as for the songs not making sense for this character or that character - keep in mind this is the show that had Kurt and Blaine sing a breakup song (Candles) as their first duet as a couple and had Blaine serenade Sam with Against All Odds, a song that made far more sense to his situation with Kurt at the time rather than his crush on Sam.

And I remember when Against All Odds was spoiled, pretty much everyone, even the ones who hated Klaine were convinced Blaine was going to be singing the song about Kurt because well, nothing else made any sense. But lo and behold...so yeah I wouldn't put it past this show to have Will sing since having Will sing and perform inappropriate numbers is kind of their thing.

Edited by truthaboutluv

He tweeted this last night. I guess these are the couples the writers are going to be focus on this season.

Guess again. If you look at his Twitter mentions you will see that he got bombarded by fans from all 3 ships asking for some shoutouts for competing in the e!online poll that all 3 are against each other. So he gave them what he wanted, a shout out. :)

Edited by Hookian

Guess again. If you look at his Twitter mentions you will see that he got bombarded by fans from all 3 ships asking for some shoutouts for competing in the e!online poll that all 3 are against each other. So he gave them what he wanted, a shout out. :)

Why? It isn't like he hasn't been bombard with their tweets long before the season started, especially when he isn't going to bother mentioning the poll or post a link to it. 

But whatever.  Only time will tell.

Why? It isn't like he hasn't been bombard with their tweets long before the season started, especially when he isn't going to bother mentioning the poll or post a link to it. 

But whatever.  Only time will tell.

I really don't think this has anything to do with polls either. There have been numerous polls in the past that even included Finchel as does the current one and he has never given a "shout out" to address any of the couples competing, but whatever, as you said time will tell.

Glee's ratings http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/tv-ratings-fails-tops-constantine-as-shark-tank-blue-bloods-lead-friday

Quick numbers: 1.98 million viewers and 0.7 key demo rating for FOX's "Glee."

Edited by Ann Mack

But whatever. Only time will tell.

Well going from the all the mentions I saw they were just asking for him to show support for the couple in the poll. He got asked multiple times by all three groups. No one linked him to the poll and even if they did he doesn't have to link back. All he has to do is give a shout out showing support for all 3 couples in the poll. He got bombarded by all 3 ship groups last night because of that stupid poll.

I really don't think this has anything to do with polls either. There have been numerous polls in the past that even included Finchel as does the current one and he has never given a "shout out" to address any of the couples competing, but whatever, as you said time will tell.

Glee's ratings http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/tv-ratings-fails-tops-constantine-as-shark-tank-blue-bloods-lead-friday

Quick numbers: 1.98 million viewers and 0.7 key demo rating for FOX's "Glee."

Well those 3 fandoms did it last night and he's done this in the past. This isn't falchuk or Murphy. Hitchcock has done this a lot when glee couples are on polls. He will show support for all couples involved. I hate to rain on your parade but his tweet didn't mean anything in regards to the show but the fandoms.

If you don't believe me you can look at his mentions and see exactly what I'm saying. He was asked by members of 3 fandoms to give them a shout out in the poll.

Yeah that tweet ain't bout no poll. He is directing the ep they are currently filming d ben on set when they filmed ep6-9, that tweet is telling you how it is lol

Oh yeah he's directing the episode they're currently on and Amber hasn't been on set at since they returned to work. Chord was but he's on vacation in Mexico. Meanwhile brittana wrapped in episode 8. You're free to look into this all you want but if you do the digging like I did you'll see why he made that tweet and it has nothing to do wth the show. It's about the fandoms, sorry.

Oh and the episode Hitchcock is directing is a Rachel centric. ;)

Edited by Hookian

Well going from the all the mentions I saw they were just asking for him to show support for the couple in the poll. He got asked multiple times by all three groups. No one linked him to the poll and even if they did he doesn't have to link back. All he has to do is give a shout out showing support for all 3 couples in the poll. He got bombarded by all 3 ship groups last night because of that stupid poll.

That's your theory ? Good

Only time will tell.

That's your theory ? Good

Only time will tell.

Just saying there are 5 couples in the current poll: Finchel, Klaine, Brittana, SamCedes and Wemma I think he would have given a shout-out to all 5 just to be fair if that was the case (I highly doubt it). I have no theory I'm just not convinced that he suddenly took concern or interest for this poll or any poll since I'm pretty sure they've probably been happening since Season 1. But again to each his/her own. 

Just saying there are 5 couples in the current poll: Finchel, Klaine, Brittana, SamCedes and Wemma I think he would have given a shout-out to all 5 just to be fair if that was the case (I highly doubt it). I have no theory I'm just not convinced that he suddenly took concern or interest for this poll or any poll since I'm pretty sure they've probably been happening since Season 1. But again to each his/her own.

... Except like I said only those 3 fandoms tweeted him about a shout out. Wemma and finchel fans are not tweeting about the poll because they don't care about it. Why would they? It's a pointless poll anyways.

Anyways let's look at those new stills, you know Sam and Rachel looking at each other and Sam in rachels bedroom helping her pack.

Michael has never responded to a poll that I know of lol!

Well I can tell you he has. In fact he resonded to the one a year back that faberry won. :)

He's a very big supporter of all the fandoms.

Damn Rachel got a lot of Mercedes pics lol

Damn its sort of creepy like hey maybe she always saw Mercedes as her competition and MUST have everything Mercedes had or at least try to out-do her. Motive for going after Sam possibly. Rachel and Sue both might need to see a therapist, just saying!

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

Damn its sort of creepy like hey maybe she always saw Mercedes as her competition and MUST have everything Mercedes had or at least try to out-do her. Motive for going after Sam possibly. Rachel and Sue both might need to see a therapist, just saying!

I highly highly there's a motive in Rachel pursuing Sam. Could be maybe she feels something for him?

I do believe that site stated 610 was called Heads Up, and it was Rachel centric and Mercedes was in it, uhhh 610 is called Child Star...... LMAO

It said now called child star so it's possible the title was changed. Glee spoilers is the one that gave spoilers on brittana klaine and many other stories. They're the ones that said klaine elopes.

Let's just for arguments sake say that Michael Hitchkock was shouting out those three couples for a fan poll. Why just those three when there were other couples, like Wemma also in the poll? And why would he be trying to draw attention to a couple that was only supposedly ever meant as a joke? A nothing couple. I think the poll if I remember correctly had to do with favorite Glee couples or something. Seems to me he might want to highlight a couple that is still being, or will be focused on. Like for instance no Klaine aren't together at the moment but their relationship is still a focus. Heck he could have shouted out Quick. That's an actual couple that is together. And they have their fans. Basically, we have zero idea what he was refering to when he tweeted out those three couples. But even if it was only in response to a fan poll I think it is interesting because why draw attention to a relationship that has ended and you have zero plans to revisit? (if that is in fact the case). We Sam /Rachel is happening in some form, but will it be endgame? Time will tell.

Let's just for arguments sake say that Michael Hitchkock was shouting out those three couples for a fan poll. Why just those three when there were other couples, like Wemma also in the poll? And why would he be trying to draw attention to a couple that was only supposedly ever meant as a joke? A nothing couple. I think the poll if I remember correctly had to do with favorite Glee couples or something. Seems to me he might want to highlight a couple that is still being, or will be focused on. Like for instance no Klaine aren't together at the moment but their relationship is still a focus. Heck he could have shouted out Quick. That's an actual couple that is together. And they have their fans. Basically, we have zero idea what he was refering to when he tweeted out those three couples. But even if it was only in response to a fan poll I think it is interesting because why draw attention to a relationship that has ended and you have zero plans to revisit? (if that is in fact the case). We Sam /Rachel is happening in some form, but will it be endgame? Time will tell.

I have already said why those three fandoms were shouted out, because it was just those three fandoms that tweeted him asking for a shoutout in the poll. Wemma and Finchel fans were not tweeting him nor do they give a single care less about this poll. They've been there since S1 they know these polls are pointless and stupid. 

If you look at the poll nobody is voting but Brittana, Samcedes, and Klaine fans. Everybody else doesn't care.

Quick also was eliminated in an earlier round, so there you go as to why they were not given a shoutout as well. Hitchcock did this for Faberry when they were about to win their poll. He's a fan of all the fandoms.

Look if you do your digging like I did it's clear why he said what he said. You're gonna have to go far though, just saying.

Edited by Hookian

I don't understand why Matthew is still a regular this season, there are hardly any spoilers for him so far. Everything is either rachel kurt, Sam Blane or the newbies being trolled by Sue.

Because Ryan and Brad are the pettiest show runners ever?