Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I can't believe I sat through that audio visual abortion just to catch a glimpse of Jesse St. James in the preview.

AND IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!! **makes sound only dogs can head** Those looks they shot each other. I'm going to need a bigger fan. Have mercy.

• Love 3
(edited)

This is why the first 13 episodes of the entire series are the best stor ywise. Cause they were written pretty much as a whole package, a beginning and an end. There was consistency. Then suddenly the phenomenon hit and they were just writing to shoehorn popular songs of the moment into the script and any consistency went out of the window. I honestly had high expectations that the final 13 episodes would have had the same luxury of the first 13 eg pretty much plotted out and written before filming started on the first episode. While there is some evidence of that early on, it's clear they were just making things up the closer they got to the finale. The fact they so many people came back for the final scene AFTER they thought they were done and tweeted about being done (including recording in the music studio) goes to show how nuts production must be behind the scene for this show.

I am not even sure this is true.   Way better yes but they were still doing rewrites as they were filming and going back and adding stuff.

When they posted a BTS of Rhodes not Taken they said it was Finn and Rachel's first kiss.   But fans questioned it sayng their first kiss was in Showmance.   Seems  they shot the bowling ally kiss for episode 4  before shooting the showmance kiss for episode 2.   So who knows what other things they went back and added changed after the fact. 

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

So there's (most likely) no Kurt solo this season.

(And no Blaine solo either, which surprises me even more, but tbh I don't care about him.)

I don't know which fans and fandoms RIB have been listening to when they said this season was all about what the fans wanted, but it certainly wasn't the Kurtsies.

No solo for Kurt, no individual storyline, and probably no future career prospect for him either.

I know other characters and their fans haven't gotten what they wanted either, but.....wow.

• Love 2

I'm sure he'll get a 10 second flash forward montage.

Wouldn't be surprised if the show has him successful in a non performing career, in fact, I actually expect it now.  Like that wasn't his arc for five fucking seasons.

I presumed Someday We'll Be Together was Mercedes solo but it makes no sense if it is. Although why anyone on this show would sing it is beyond me, they're never freakin apart.

I'm sorry, I love Matthew Morrison, but no on him singing Abba. No on Jane Lynch singing anything anytime ever!

Daydream Believer would be good if it's the New Directions.

Teach Your Children is a lovely song but I'm meh on it being in this ep.

I Lived isn't great for the big number but I'm still thankful we're getting one.

I presumed Someday We'll Be Together was Mercedes solo but it makes no sense if it is. Although why anyone on this show would sing it is beyond me, they're never freakin apart.

Maybe she's singing it to Sam.

Look I love The Supremes as much as the next girl, but I do not want that song to be the last thing Amber sings on this show.

There's a few Supremes songs I'd like to hear Amber sing, that's not one of them. 

Actually maybe these songs do sum up this show, because my first thought was 'really? that's it?'

Song order via Amazon

1.Teach Your Children (Glee Cast Version)

2.Someday We’ll Be Together (Glee Cast Version)

3.Daydream Believer (Glee Cast Version)

4.The Winner Takes It All (Glee Cast Version)

5.This Time (Glee Cast Version)

6.I Lived (Glee Cast Version)

http://fyeahgleeclub.tumblr.com/post/112931155981/glee-the-music-dreams-come-true-teach-your

Well that order makes more sense than what I saw..

Daydream believer is Klaine.   Once again enough room to have given them both a solo.

Someday we will be together has to be Mercedes to Sam.    

This season they definitely have underutilized the women but for awhile I think Rachel, Santana, and Mercedes probably had the bulk of songs. But then what they weren't getting, Blaine was getting. I think everyone is underutilized this season though, with the exception of Sue and then like Roderick and the fucking VA guy. Even Rachel hasn't had as much to sing (but I wouldn't say she's underutilized either).

(edited)

Sammie and Becca both sound amazing. The men spoiling it as per usual this season.

Why did they hire Laura she's barely opened her mouth?

With the exception of Lea Michele, Jane Lynch and bizarrely Heather Morris, under-utilising women is this show's thing.

I don't think Becca is even remotely on the same level as Samantha. I'm really puzzled what you hear in her. I'm fine with personal preferences, but to my ears Becca on the second verse sounds affected and not as good (I'd say really bad) as Samantha on her verse.

Edited by fakeempress
(edited)

Becca's singing voice annoys me to no end. Vocally, that nasally sound she has bothers me more than the blandness of Chord and Blaine. I think Becca's strengths lie in her performance ability. I started to listen to Chandelier bc I saw it on my dash, but when Becca's voice came on I had to turn it off.

Edited by Ceeg

Chandelier

http://www.idolator.com/7583878/listen-glee-take-sia-chandelier-new-directions

Hate Becca's faux baby constricted singing on the second verse. Samantha remains the best female (maybe overall) ND voice currently.

I've always thought that Becca's sounded like a contestant in a children's beauty pageant, so "faux baby" seems like a good descriptor. Outside of that, I like the song. I'm kind of surprised that Sia let them do it.

I've always thought that Becca's sounded like a contestant in a children's beauty pageant, so "faux baby" seems like a good descriptor. Outside of that, I like the song. I'm kind of surprised that Sia let them do it.

I notice the same thing about Jenna too when she sings sometimes, which is why while I think she is a good singer, that baby voice always keep me from being a fan of hers when it comes to singing. 

• Love 1

Summary 613 DCT

Glee - 06 - Dreams Come True (20-Mar-2015)
Episode: 6ARC13

Synopsis: All of Will’s hard work and dedication to the Glee Club and to fostering the talents and dreams of his students pays off in a major way, and everyone shares in the feeling of joy that permeates the school as teachers and students reflect on their shared journey. Old rifts and wounds are healed and new sights are set on a promising future. Everyone seems to be ending up exactly as expected and right where they belong… along with more than a few unexpected surprises

http://daxterdd.tumblr.com/post/113207004311/do-you-have-the-summary-for-the-glee-finale

• Love 1

Summary 613 DCT

Glee - 06 - Dreams Come True (20-Mar-2015)

Episode: 6ARC13

Synopsis: All of Will’s hard work and dedication to the Glee Club and to fostering the talents and dreams of his students pays off in a major way, and everyone shares in the feeling of joy that permeates the school as teachers and students reflect on their shared journey.Old rifts and wounds are healed and new sights are set on a promising future. Everyone seems to be ending up exactly as expected and right where they belong… along with more than a few unexpected surprises

http://daxterdd.tumblr.com/post/113207004311/do-you-have-the-summary-for-the-glee-finale

I'm thinking that the "unexpected surprises" is Rachel and Jesse future. 

Also who are they talking about with these words "Old rifts and wounds"? I don't think any of the characters who are going to be in this episode have any problems with each other. 

Will and Sue for the umpteenth time?

Considering Will and Sue are singing Abba's Winner Takes it All, yes, almost certainly. 

I don't know how much time they will give to the cast of thousands who have turned up for the final group song, but maybe there's some minor interaction between Sue and the dumped Season 4 kids to show all is forgiven. It's pretty common for Glee to leave a conflict dangling and then have the two parties hug in a group song to show it's over.

Edited by red texta

I'm thinking that the "unexpected surprises" is Rachel and Jesse future.

Also who are they talking about with these words "Old rifts and wounds"? I don't think any of the characters who are going to be in this episode have any problems with each other.

There's also speculation of Kitty/Roderick and Artie/Tina endgames. Not to mention Sue possibly becoming president( or with some other powerful position) . I'd consider those unexpected. Would Will and Emma having twins count?

I don't know how much time they will give to the cast of thousands who have turned up for the final group song, but maybe there's some minor interaction between Sue and the dumped Season 4 kids to show all is forgiven.

I don't think that is a real scene meaning that it happens in context.  According to this blog the picture with everybody looking happy and surprised at Rachel's Tony win is scene 30 and the group scene is scene 34.  That leaves only 3 scenes between those 2 scenes and at least one of those is Rachel's acceptance speech.  My guess is Rachel's acceptance speech fades out to "I Lived" and the implication is that the scene of all of them singing and happy is Rachel reflecting on all of the joy Glee brought her and so many others.  

Edited by camussie

St. Berry is no joke when it comes to singing, they had me way back when they sang Rolling In The Deep, loved that song!

Uh yeah, guess that's a NO on those anticipated 1-3 more Samchel duets someone formerly here touted regularly

Edited by rlj67
  • Love 5

St. Berry is no joke when it comes to singing, they had me way back when they sang Rolling In The Deep, loved that song!

Uh yeah, guess that's a NO on those anticipated 1-3 more Samchel duets someone formerly here touted regularly

They had me at Hello (sorry, had to do it)

I kinda like all the songs this week. I don't even hate the VA songs, ugh. Except on principle I do.

• Love 8

Actually they said 3-4 more duets which was wrong totally.  I figured there would be one more and it pleasantly surprises me that I was wrong.  Given that Sam/Rachel ended up being a whole lot of nothing, it both ticks me off and completely perplexes me that the show replaced Finn with Sam in regards to Rachel's high school memories and also acted like the Sam/Mercedes romance last year was just some fling.  If RM and team absolutely felt they had to go there with Sam/Rachel they should have never tried to sell it as more than they were just screwing each other's pain away because that is essentially what it ended up being.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 6

IMO I don't think they treated Samcedes asa  fling, Close To You was hat was told by Sam in the s5 finale.  Bram was treated lk a fling (they ain't said shit to each other), but its Glee and yeah they wasted Samuel but they had no substance, not even that phooshopped pic changed it for me!

They had me at Hello (sorry, had to do it)

I kinda like all the songs this week. I don't even hate the VA songs, ugh. Except on principle I do.

Yes, I like most of them too and I'll probably buy 4 of them.  Good songs, a fabulous St. Berry duet, and St. Berry hotness, I am happy with Glee for once.

There's also speculation of Kitty/Roderick and Artie/Tina endgames.

I actually about threw my breakfast back up at the thought of these two relationships. That the show has destroyed these two women's character's so much these intelligent, attractive women would reduce themselves to these ugly, talentless douchy 'nice guys' is awful.

I'm pretty sure it must've been written by douchy, ugly, talentless 'nice guys' still bitter the prom queen/head cheerleader wouldn't date them.

Oh St. Berry. **dreamy sigh** Why did you have to come back and make me want things from this fuckfest shitshow again? That was gorgeous, and Groffles voice continues to be the sex.

It's hilarious seeing all of the old St. Berry shippers online peeking from under their rocks, shuffling out of the shadows for this. I'm still trying to grasp that I'm not being Punk'd. LOL.

Edited by Mnem
  • Love 9