Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

What I suspect is that the finale will be a repeat of "Opening Night" where all the characters  hover around to bask in Rachel's triumph and Tony win. 

That's exactly what's going to happen. Because the writers have proven time and time again that they can't walk and chew gum at the same time. Or that any character can get focus if it means an iota less for La Berry.

I don't doubt that they'll allow Kurt and Blaine to be successful, but it won't get any real focus. We'll get some offhand comment about Kurt winning an award for appearing in some show and Blaine a successful songwriter or something, but nothing where they get any real time spent on actually showing them achieving their career goals. And in no way will anyone else's successes be allowed to come close to what Rachel will accomplish.

• Love 1

I'm supposed to have more than faint praise for any of these people? I wish them all well, but they are on Glee. It's the final season of character destroying not even questionable merit anymore. I'm amazed a few of them escaped unscathed (go Brittana!), but mostly this is a mess they'd have been better off not doing except for the paychecks.

Contracts.

What I suspect is that the finale will be a repeat of "Opening Night" where all the characters  hover around to bask in Rachel's triumph and Tony win.

I think that is exactly what will happen.  We will get a short flashforward of Rachel back in school (my guess)/current glee at nationals.  Then a longer flashforward of Kurt/Blaine in their better hair but hideous clothes, Will with the family/Will proudly looking on at his 30 person strong future ND, Rachel's Tony win and song (my guess).  Then the Tony celebration party where the originals along with Blaine, Sam, and Jesse all come together to celebrate Rachel.  Some reminiscing.  Cue out of context final song.  Fade to black.

Edited by camussie

I think that is exactly what will happen.  We will get a short flashforward of Rachel back in school (my guess)/current glee at nationals.  Then a longer flashforward of Kurt/Blaine in their better hair but hideous clothes, Will with the family/Will proudly looking on at his 30 person strong future ND, Rachel's Tony win and song (my guess).  Then the Tony celebration party where the originals along with Blaine, Sam, and Jesse all come together to celebrate Rachel.  Some reminiscing.  Cue out of context final song.  Fade to black.

Cool. If you're right the finale should take me about 5 minutes to watch.

Contracts.

True, a few of them are very stuck. I'd care more if it wasn't likely the most they'll make for a few months they'll see unless their careers take off in a huge way that's not something visible from here. They'll all miss the series tv money when it's gone.

Maybe not Jane, but she had a career before this.

Supposedly the flashforwards are only a few scenes.  My guess is they are the final act of the show so the last 10 -12 minutes.  Before that I think we will be in "real time" (2014) which is when I think Will sings his song. Maybe the last song before Rachel leaves for NY?

Edited by camussie

I like some of Darren's original music, but if I'm meant to believe he can write a song that would be part of a hit Broadway show, they are beyond delusional.

I also don't understand their clinging to this original song concept. Aside from Loser Like Me and Get It Right, the original songs have been failures. The only song done on Glee that's come from the cast that I liked was Amber's.

Well there was "Trouty Mouth"....

Just saying...best song ever on Glee.

The hell, you say! "My Cup" beats out "Trouty Mouth" any day...

The predictions that Homecoming would stand as the high point of the season are being realized as we speak...

• Love 5

but if I'm meant to believe he can write a song that would be part of a hit Broadway show, they are beyond delusional.

Eh, I dont know, I have heard some pretty forgettable songs in hit Broadway shows.

• Love 3

The posters original comment was clearly about a TEAM effort.  Not all comments are the same you know...you have to actually read the full comment.

I was responding to the comment the poster made in this post:

The exact quote:

"I'm not going anywhere until my job here is done and the glee club is back in McKinley permanently."

Ep. 6x10: "The Rise and Fall of Sue Sylvester"

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict Rachel's promise will not be broken.

All of ND's previous setlists, vocal arrangements, and stage choreography were designed by one Will Schuester. (He really did want to give Kurt a competition solo, but, being a fictional character, he was unable to overrule RM's final decision on the matter.) WIll won Nationals, and was quite justly Teacher of the Year. (He would have been worthy of that honor just for rejuvenating the show choir.) The students in that championship group will remember him fondly the rest of their lives, which is much more than can be said with respect to the vast majority of teachers anywhere. The newest ND's real "Invitationals victory" lay in their outperforming the other choirs in vocal artistry, technique, and even staging, not in Sue's decision and, therefore, not in the setlist used. It was Rachel's mentoring and creativity that led the way, just as it had always been Will's in the past. It was not pure coincidence that Kurt was made to be incommunicado for the entire preparation period of the final setlist, nor was it a mere gratuitous dissing of Kurt that Rachel wanted to turn ND over to another professional (Mercedes) when she went to NYC for her audition.

I don't see any discussion of team effort there, on the contrary, the poster decided it was rightful of Rachel not to trust Kurt (I guess he isn't a member of the team?!). But my comment was specifically to the bolded part, which referred to the invitationals victory and how ND were above the rest of the teams in vocal artistry, technique, and even staging. If the first two are arguable, the last one is a laughable statement, against what both VA and the Warblers showed on stage vs what ND showed. Not to mention the fact that Sue gifted ND with the victory because it were the songs themselves that tug on her heartstrings, not ND's vocal artistry, technique and staging, 

Edited by fakeempress

Since Amber sings a solo in the finale I could also see us getting a flashforward to Mercedes future.  

At this point with all the character assassination of Mercedes so far this season it seems like the least they could do. However, I'm sure it will be rushed so she can get back to her cheerleader duties for Rachel SMDH!

What is that review on about? Kitty got the inside track on Sue's favorite songs and that won it for them. It's an iffy victory that has nothing to do with Rachel, Kurt, Howard Bamboo or Matt Rutherford. It's that irrelevant to any named characters.

I was responding to the comment the poster made in this post:

I don't see any discussion of team effort there, on the contrary, the poster decided it was rightful of Rachel not to trust Kurt (I guess he isn't a member of the team?!). But my comment was specifically to the bolded part, which referred to the invitationals victory and how ND were above the rest of the teams in vocal artistry, technique, and even staging. If the first two are arguable, the last one is a laughable statement, against what both VA and the Warblers showed on stage vs what ND showed. Not to mention the fact that Sue gifted ND with the victory because it were the songs themselves that tug on her heartstrings, not ND's vocal artistry, technique and staging, 

You do know those two posts are not the same people?

In fact, I'm not the original person that responded to that first post so I really shouldn't speak for them, but my interpretation is that person was disagreeing with the post you're quoting...

Edited by dizzyizzy01

Ok, all the songs in original songs in original song were good. ;-) But I don't even remember what the rest of them sound like.

I mean, I think Darren's a better songwriter than whoever wrote Shakin' My Head or All or Nothing. But, come on, let Lea sing something that's been proven to be good in the finale.

You do know those two posts are not the same people?

I never discussed which poster posted what. I said "the poster", and I meant the poster of the specific comment I quoted and replied to. Is this so hard to get? Which two posts you're talking about I don't know, because I originally replied exactly to the bolded part of the post I now quoted in full so that you can see how much it talked about team effort. Because that's what you were outraged about, right?

Both me and indeed referred to the "staging" comment in that one post. 

Edited by fakeempress

The best original songs on Glee were the ones that weren't trying to extraordinary or special. Trouty Mouth, Hell to the No, My Headband, My Cup, etc. were all better than any BS inspirational original song they were trying to push. I think that sums up a big problem that Glee has, in general. When Glee tries too hard, it ends up being terrible.

• Love 5

I never discussed which poster posted what. I said "the poster", and I meant the poster of the specific comment I quoted and replied to. Is this so hard to get? Which two posts you're talking about I don't know, because I originally replied exactly to the bolded part of the post I now quoted in full so that you can see how much it talked about team effort. Because that's what you were outraged about, right?

You can just track the series of comments.  The comment I responded to was about why attribution of ND's success cannot be solely attributed to Rachel needs to be pointed out despite the fact that the poster was clearly talking was about team effort.  Then you went back and quoted a post, which I actually personally thought was a ridiculous comment, and seemed to imply I was referring to that original comment which I don't think neither I nor the poster I was responding to supported.

Anyway, this is not really worth it to try and explain.  You can read the progression of comments yourself if you want.  And really, nobody's outraged; it just ain't that serious.  I just find sometimes there's a lack of logical progression/linking from how people read posts...

You can just track the series of comments.  The comment I responded to was about why attribution of ND's success cannot be solely attributed to Rachel needs to be pointed out despite the fact that the poster was clearly talking was about team effort.  Then you went back and quoted a post, which I actually personally thought was a ridiculous comment, and seemed to imply I was referring to that original comment which I don't think neither I nor the poster I was responding to supported.

Anyway, this is not really worth it to try and explain.  You can read the progression of comments yourself if you want.  And really, nobody's outraged; it just ain't that serious.  I just find sometimes there's a lack of logical progression/linking from how people read posts...

I read it, and indeed was referring back to the original "staging" post, which is also what I referred to. Whatever, I can't say this any more clearly, that the post I quoted  and first replied to (not yours) was ridiculous. It had nothing to do with team, but wanted to glorify only Rachel. 

Edited by fakeempress

I should go back and delete every single rude post you guys made today, but they're mixed in with legitimate discussion and I hate to remove that. If this argument doesn't end right now, though, I will. Get back to talking about the spoilers.

• Love 1

We know we see a flash of Kurt/Blaine together.  I hope we see something about their careers.  Hopefully with Mercedes singing a solo that means we get something about her career.  I have my doubts we will have anything with Tina other than a throwaway line.  Sam I could see a locker room scene or something like that indicating he is still coaching.  Seems like the people who will get the most focus on their future are Will & Rachel.  In a way that is fitting because they were two of the three original leads but unfortunately the story leading up to that is just bad.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

One would hope Kurt, Mercedes, Tina  and Kurt would get something on their future in the finale, and I"m sure they will.

Though whether it's 15 seconds, 30  seconds, or a 60 second group montage I'm not quite sure yet..

As a Tina stan I fear her getting a flash forward. I think they'll show doing something humiliating like being Rachel's assistant or married to Artie.

• Love 1

As for Darren's song didn't he co-write the music & lyrics for the Harry Potter musicals starkids productions did?  I have never seen them but they seemed to have a following.  That tells me, if the song is for Rachel's show, it won't be something Darren is attempting for the first time.  

Seems like the people who will get the most focus on their future are Will & Rachel.  In a way that is fitting because they were two of the three original leads but unfortunately the story leading up to that is just bad.

I dont' think most Glee fans who have been here for the long haul would begrudge Rachel and Will getting the focus of the finale storyline.  It's just that we would have had about 10 solos for Max George, a focus on some Bar Mitsvah kid, nonsensical Klaine plots, etc. along the way  to rationalize that the rest of the cast get about 30 seconds focus for the last episode. 

• Love 3

Lea already getting hate tweets from Darren fans, nice.

The insane side of Darren's fandom already hate Lea/Rachel, so her getting to sing one of Darren's original songs is just fuel for their rage fire. The funny thing is NO LEA STAN wants this either.

• Love 1

As for Darren's song didn't he co-write the music & lyrics for the Harry Potter musicals starkids productions did?  I have never seen them but they seemed to have a following.  That tells me, if the song is for Rachel's show, it won't be something Darren is attempting for the first time.  

Depends whether it's a Rachel song, or a Rachel song from a musical which wins her the Tony. Starkid's HP wasn't Tony-winning level of songwriting.   

Edited by fakeempress

Likewise Anders and Darren both are getting hate tweets (presumably from Lea/Rachel fans) because Rachel's final solo may be a Darren penned song.  Every fandom has its crazies

Starkid's HP wasn't Tony-winning level of songwriting. 

Lots of shows aren't Tony-winning levels of songwriting but they win anyway.  See the aforementioned Andrew Lloyd Webber

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

I'm thinking even the Glee PTB thought it would be too awkward for Darren to have Blaine sing his own compositions, for what it's worth. 

Regardless, in typical fandom fashion, NOBODY is completely happy...LOL.

Why is she getting hate, I don't get it. For singing his song?

I think they fear  Darren  might not get a solo to sing in the finale after all.

Edited by caracas1914

The insane side of Darren's fandom already hate Lea/Rachel, so her getting to sing one of Darren's original songs is just fuel for their rage fire. The funny thing is NO LEA STAN wants this either.

And isn't that the best testament to how utterly shitty this final season has become. That no fandom is going to leave happy when all is said and done. Even if the characters end up where they want them, it's going to be done in such an awful way that no one is going to be satisfied.

• Love 3

Not that I want to see them, but I have always been curious as to how many people see the crazy, annoying and hate filled tweets that people send. How do people see these things? I'm serious do you have to be following them or what? I have a very limited pool of celebrities or any other highly possible profiled figure, I am really curious as to how much of this is visible on Twitter.

I'm thinking even the Glee PTB thought it would be too awkward for Darren to have Blaine sing his own compositions, for what it's worth. 

Regardless, in typical fandom fashion, NOBODY is completely happy...LOL.

I think they fear  Darren  might not get a solo to sing in the finale after all.

Oh, ok I didn't get it first  - so they are furious cause they want Darren to sing his song, not anyone else like Lea. Smh. 

ETA: read your other post, oh my

Edited by fakeempress

I doubt Darren gets a solo in the finale.  Kurt may but I have my doubts about that as well (maybe in "2009")?.  I think Kurt/Blaine will have a duet though.  It seems the only ones we know are getting solos for sure are Rachel, Will, and Mercedes

Can I ask what's the "reason"?

They hate her because she's the star of the show, she takes away storylines and songs from Darren, she kisses Ryan's ass, she's a diva, etc etc etc.

See, one of the problems with Glee is that it's tried to be an ensemble show, and have Rachel as the lead. And that's extremely frustrating for me. I expect Rachel to get focus in the finale and that's fine, but don't flash forward if other people who have been really important to this show are being left out. And even though Will was a huge character in season 1, he was barely relevant in season 5 and 6.

This was one of the things that bothered me about the AHS:Freak Show finale. It was 90% about Jessica Lange's character, who was so unlikable that I didn't even finish watching it.

This isn't a dig at Rachel, but I like the show best when it's not too focused on any one person, and in my head, it's been an ensemble, and it should end tying everyone up, especially because they only made an effort to close out Brittany and Santana, out of all the non-regulars. And if they had felt they had already closed off Quinn and Puck or whoever, they should've not brought them back to have me wonder about what they're up to.

• Love 1

I see the merry go round of "my fave is getting hate, no it's my fave..." continues. Good times.

I don't see anyone making it a contest now, as you seem to imply. People note the similarities. If you pool the posts collectively, you'll get the picture you want - faves are equally noted for getting the hate. 

Edited by fakeempress

And that is where I fundamentally disagree.  Glee has never been an ensemble show.  It has always had around 2-4 leads.  Those have changed over the years but the one constant has been Rachel.  I would even say that one of Glee's biggest issues is when they gave too much focus to the supporting characters (hello Brittany, Sam, Dave, the Warblers, and Blaine) 

For that reason I don't mind that the finale is focused on Rachel and to a lesser degree Will as I like the full circle-ness of it all.  Just like what I enjoyed about the ER finale is that there was some focus on Carter, ER's original lead, before it  successfully transitioned into an ensemble.  What I do mind is the horrible writing up until this point.  They could have easily used time in each of the last 4-5 episodes to close out some of the supporting players stories in a satisfactory way and then still had the focus on Rachel & to a lesser degree Will and perhaps Kurt in the finale.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 5