Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

Eh, Glee still had high school football happening in February back in season 2,

LOL, true,. though that had alot to do with they had the prized time slot after the Superbowl and Ryan Murphy wanted to throw in as much football/cheerleaders as he could.  He even said he treated that episode as a "stand alone" one.

Of course, in hindsight, all subsequent Glee episodes have been stand alone since they have zero continuity or narrative flow.

OMG, MJSBIGBLOG strikes again with more added to her 1st spoiler for 6x01. I am truly convinced this show is on a kamikaze mission. If that's what they want I think they are succeeding in alienating its few remaining viewers before they crash and burn, especially if those fans care about Kurt or Blaine. http://www.mjsbigblog.com/glee-season-6-spoilers-loser-like-me-details.htm None of them (Blaine, Dave, Kurt) are fairing well from this but oh my goodness could they have Blaine be any more insensitive (not taking sides, just how I see it). Oh well I can only shake my head. I can see Ryan Murphy shaking his head saying "the fans just couldn't grasp my genius mind exploding ideas and oh BTW these fans aren't LOYAL, Gleeks" yeah because I guess he imagines Gleeks (I actually dislike that word immensely) wouldn't call him out on his bullshit. But as a fan who has been there (sorry had to bail a bit after episode 2 of season 4, cause the crap writing and character assassinations began then for me) I will and I have. These writers must be smoking marijuana (is it legal in California) or some other hallucinogen because it is the only logical conclusion to me for them coming up with this crappy stuff. They definitely need a writers intervention like STAT!

They really are going for the shock and awe. I sort of wish the ratings hadn't already plummeted below viable levels so I could enjoy the dive to the bottom. Sadly, it's so low now dead air could probably pull half of what they got last time they tried this thing, so it's just not as much fun as it could be. Has anybody bigger than popwrapped even bothered to cover this mess? It seems a fail on all levels.

Glee's not on the radar or buzz of the major media sites anymore due to not even airing until next year.

By the time they air the episodes in 2015 I'm guessing every plot twist, every song , every SL would have been spoiled months ahead of time, so yeah, it's only the hardcore fans and masochists(like me! ) who are paying attention.

Oh definitely, they knew the reaction among, say, the remaining Klaine fans these spoilers would elicit and their writers even tweeted stuff like saying Karofsky/Blaine was the new Klaine .

I realize that it's showrunners vision on a show, etc. but the amount of meta commentary thrown in on fan reaction to their shit is way beyond any other show I've watched. It's almost as if the writers have gotten addicted to their reactions to fans reactions, just bizarre.

Yeah, they're just trying too hard now to get the reaction they got back when this show had lots of viewers and mattered to more than the few invested completionists. They can't make these characters fuck anybody bad enough it can rise up to the level of relevance this show once had. Kurt/Carrot Top couldn't possibly make the noise they made by accident back in season 2. It's just not that show anymore.

No, I don't think they're doing Kurt/Carrot Top. That's probably just Rachel's horrid pilot of career ruining. But even if they did it just wouldn't make the noise they want so much.

Carrot top it seems might come out in Rachel's failed TV show.  I wonder if they will have Carrot Top as a romantic interest for Rachel.

Kurt has nothing to do with him on the show, though Rachel/Carot Top as a romantic pair, I fear the lack of chemistry, as good of an actress as Lea is.

So really the writers are activity trying to make what few fans they still have left? I mean I guess it doesn't matter, the mess is already burning... But wow. I guess it answers the question of if the writers even care anymore.

I think they do still care. They just still think they're geniuses and relevant and post-glee gay guy is somehow all because they made being gay so cool you can be an out football player in nowhere flyover state. They should maybe leave their Hollywood offices for more than a tongue bath from Glaad and Tyler Oakley. It's not as good as they think out there, and the ratings are a whole story they missed somehow.

• Love 1

I really think Ryan is just giving us fans the big FU. I don't think I should read anymore spoilers as they are making me sick. Absolutely none of this makes sense. Unless Blaine had a brain transplant there is no way he would hook up with karofsky. No fricking way unless they are just wanting to decimate his character or maybe Darren pissed Ryan off, who knows. I don't know if I will be able to stomach this show when it comes back. Maybe I should just go with the thinking that season 5 was the end.

Edited by MizStaken
  • Love 4

The worst thing about this is they're so determined to send the major characters to rock bottom that they make dating Dave a sign Blaine has taken a nosedive to the worst things he could do. Dave's story isn't served well by this. He actually got a good ending before being dragged into Blaine's faily fail of abject failure. This just isn't helping anybody. 

The worst thing about this is they're so determined to send the major characters to rock bottom that they make dating Dave a sign Blaine has taken a nosedive to the worst things he could do. Dave's story isn't served well by this. He actually got a good ending before being dragged into Blaine's faily fail of abject failure. This just isn't helping anybody.

These writers are so inept  I'm not sure what they are attempting.  You would think they would see how bad this is on the surface but I don't know.   Think back  when Dave was practically stalking Kurt with that fucking bizarre Gorilla suit and giving him candygrams  and most of the audience was "WTF is this creepy shit?", I think the writers thought they were writing a sweet Dave crush love story.  They seemed to play it straight.     They are that bad as hacks.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Completely agree. That's why I noted above when some were stating that they were going to make Kurt the bad guy or questioning who would be the bad guy or whatever, that in their mediocrity, I really don't think they intend for either to be a bad guy. At least, not with their past issues. Like I really think Ryan Murphy thought he was telling some amazing story by having Blaine fuck a random and really did not think Blaine would be seen as a bad guy. After all, he snapped at some on twitter about whether they wanted boring, perfect characters or ones who were "real and flawed..." And it was the same with their lame "adult reality" at the end of S5 where instead of adult Kurt and Blaine just came across as two young people who couldn't stand each other or more appropriately Kurt couldn't stand Blaine and Blaine was a creepy, clingy mess.

The problem again is that the writers are such hacks that their intent versus their actual execution of a storyline is always a complete and utter disaster. Speaking of Dave and his creepy bear suit, same with Tina and her vapor rubbing of Blaine. Ryan Murphy said what we were supposedly seeing was some amazing and heartbreaking storyline of loneliness and so we all should have been sympathizing with Tina. Uh-huh. And that's just it, when you have to explain your intent all the time, clearly your writing sucks because that should be coming across to the viewers. Though I will say, this time, with the Karofsky crap, I refuse to believe they don't get it and their intent was something else - no, I am convinced and will be convinced no matter what bullshit they say that this one was one final, giant fuck you to the fans since the show is pretty much over anyway.  

That is also my preferred mode of watching (I analyse everything), but unfortunately I feel that Glee is really just beyond such an approach.

This. Good luck to those who can still sit and analyze the motivations of the characters on Glee and put deep thought into why they do what they do but at this point, for me personally, in the words of the great Cher Horowitz, "looking for meaning and sense in Glee is like trying to find meaning and sense in a Pauly Shore movie."

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
The problem again is that the writers are such hacks that their intent versus their actual execution of a storyline is always a complete and utter disaster.

Reminds me when the BTS for goodbye came out and Brad informs the audience that Finchel didn't break up in the car scene.     99.9% of the fandom was like what?

ETA; Even the actors didn't know that.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 3

Reminds me when the BTS for goodbye came out and Brad informs the audience that Finchel didn't break up in the car scene.     99.9% of the fandom was like what?

Yeah, that's the reaction they're going to get if they try to insist the Dave/Blaine mess is a healthy mid-game relationship. No, it's not. Given the history and Blaine's fucked up faceplant of a life, it just can't be. Peeps who flunk out of college over a breakup and then hook up with a former bully who romantically obsessed over the ex and threatened to kill him aren't having a happy fun times relationship. That shit's fucked up any way you slice it.

There are two things they could throw in that would make me feel better.

The first is a comment to the effect that Blaine blew off/didn't prepare/totally choked his juries. At a performing arts school, those end of year performances with you on stage and a half dozen stone-faced professors critiquing you and giving no feedback or response whatsoever can make or break you, and if they made a statement that they broke Blaine, I'd accept him being back home to regroup. It really isn't that odd for kids to leave a conservatory-type program in the first year after those juries with the realization that maybe they'd be better off getting a degree in music, theater, or dance education, a degree in business while also doing courses in performing arts with an eye towards opening a store, or pre-law planning to go into media/entertainment law. Dalton opening it's arms to their favorite son who was part of the golden days of the Warblers might make a little more sense then-he throws himself on the mercy of some unseen Head of school who liked Blaine and wants to see this kid back on his feet, and the Head suggests he take charge fo the Warblers.

The second is a statement from Kurt that he currently can't sing to the level needed to NYADA (vocal chord issues, maybe), therefore they've given him a leave of absence to come home and recover. They don't even need a throwaway about it being an independent study class-only that right now he can't perform to the degree he wants to do so, he misses music, and coming back and coaching show choir fills the time better than working at Burt's garage does. That would also explain the absense of Kurt solos.

Edited by dmmetler

They could also have Bobby Ewing wake up in the shower in episode five and pretend the first four didn't happen, but that seems around as likely as the less bad options that could kind of sort of sell some of this shit as fertilizer instead of crap. They're not going to bother making this reasonable on any level. They never have before. Why start now?

• Love 2

I pvr'd the last 6 episodes of season 5 but having read the boards first, I just have not been able to bring myself to watch them. I thought I'd wait to see what the final season had to offer, in case by some miracle the writers could dig this show out of the chasm of stupidity they turned it into.

These spoilers are just making me shake my head in disbelief. Are the writers trying to see who can write the worst final season of any show ever? If so, I think they've done it. I'm going to pretend that Glee ended after Funeral or maybe Prom Queen in season 2, because the writers since then have managed to ruin all my favorite characters (except for Jesse). TG, Groff got free from this mess!

Are the writers trying to see who can write the worst final season of any show ever? If so, I think they've done it. 

I think they're actually trying to lay these characters as low as they can so they can later hand them everything anybody ever imagined they wanted as a part of their comeback theme. It's just so awful up front I don't think much of anybody will be there when they get around to the less gross parts of the season.

The writers have destroyed their characters so much that it is impossible to care or feel invested in them, so I agree that next to no one is going to be watching at the end. There is no way these writers (in so few remaining episodes) have the skills to fix what they broke and make it believable. They have never had a handle on basic writing skills like continuity and proper character development. FOX should have pulled the plug a long time ago.

So true, you look at the decayed husk that was Rachel, Kurt, Blaine, Sam, Tina, Will, etc,. and you have to say "Who are these people" because they resemble so little the characters when they first sprung forth. 

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

I think Kurt is probably the one who's come out of this the least unscathed. He's definitely lost some of the bitchiness and fabulosness of early seasons but that you can kind of rationalize as simply growing up and getting older -  a natural maturity if you will. But for the most part, I do think the character has stayed fairly consistent which is why while I understand the frustration by those who love him and naturally want to see more of him, I keep thinking, "be glad he's been relatively ignored the last two seasons. It's probably for the best.

"They have never had a handle on basic writing skills like continuity and proper character development. FOX should have pulled the plug a long time ago.

This brings to mind the discussion on the previous page about the whole Finn/Quinn mess in S2 and what I said about their intent versus their execution. I remember when Finn broke up with Rachel for kissing Puck, that actually made sense to me. I know some saw it as something of an over-reaction but I always thought that it was obvious that he was as angry as he was because it was Puck, the same guy his last girlfriend cheated on him with. That of all the guys Rachel could have kissed, she kissed him. So Finn's anger and reaction made sense to me. 

Where I went "wait...say what now" was the whiplash of "I won't forgive you for kissing Puck but I'll start making moony eyes again at the girl who didn't just kiss but fucked Puck, got pregnant by him and tried to pass the kid off as mine." And then to compound the mess, let's also make him go after her while she was with someone else, thus helping her cheat on someone else, this time with him. And then because it wasn't all really shitty enough, let's have him spew some shit about Rachel apparently never getting his motor revving and making him see fireworks, apparently unlike what he shared with Quinn.

Why...well because they needed a reason to have Lea belt out Katy Perry's Firework. And all Ryan could say was that it was a story about how we never really get over our first love. That apparently was what we were supposed to get out of that utter and complete mess. And that was when I stopped caring about and rooting for Finn and Rachel much as how the sex with the lighthouse killed Kurt and Blaine for me. But still, you can stop rooting for a couple to be together but still like the characters. However not with Glee...at this rate, when it's all said and done, you'll want them all to burn in a fire at McKinley or at least in the choir room. Well except for the ones they'll more or less ignore so they won't be as ruined.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I agree the show jumped the shark character wise with the Finn/Rachel/Quinn/Puck train wreck of cheating and first ,loves, it was already hinting of falling off the rails completely with the resolution of Terri's fake pregnancy and Shelby's "Fuck you Rachel, I want a new shiny baby!"

Yet that Finn whiplash just hurt with it's complete fail of any character motivation or consistency even within a fantasy universe.

I think Kurt is probably the one who's come out of this the least unscathed.

They still have season 6 to finally scorch Kurt and from spoilers they may accomplish that yet: Kurt  sacrificing New York and NYADA and slinking back  to grovel  to the needy boyfriend  who cheated on  him with a facebook fuck and is now dating his ex bully who tormented Kurt and threatened to kill him.  Oh yea, they could totally destroy Kurt in just 13 episodes, they already managed to do that to the once  greatest Dad ever, Burt.

Edited by caracas1914

The acting was good as was Finn's reaction to finding out Puck/Quinn cheated but that doesn't mean the resolution to those two intertwined pregnancy stories  was well done.  Basically any resolution to BOTH of those stories was hosed in Hello because RM and team decided it was time to have Will and Finn pining over Emma and Rachel respectively.  I even get why they wanted to go that route but they could have had the pining as well as given both Finn and Will some decent follow-up reactions to all of the lies.

Frankly it should have taken Finn a little while to trust the rest of ND, save Rachel, for their willingness to keep quiet about a lie that pretty much blew up his future just so they could have a shot at winning sectionals.   As far as Quinn/Puck he shouldn't even been on speaking terms with them until maybe the end of the season.  Instead he was playing drums on a ballad Puck sang to Quinn about their kid.   I loved "Beth" but that was always such a WTF moment for me.  The last person who should be willing to help Puck out with that song should have been Finn.  Instead he was happily playing drums while Puck serenaded Quinn about the child just 2-3 months prior he assumed was his and he and his mother supported accordingly.  

As for Will he should have been told Quinn the only reason he allowed her to stay in Glee club is because they need 12 people. And don't mistake his concern for the Glee club having the requisite number to qualify for regionals as being okay with her part on Terri's baby lie.  He will never be okay with that.  

Edited by camussie

No matter how well the reveal scenes were Caracas point still stands though.  The lack of follow through for those two intertwined stories was the first hints of the writers not being able to tell a well crafted story beyond their original vision.  That storyline ADD only became worse throughout the years.  The first time it was glaringly obvious (instead of just hints) was Finn/Quinn redux in season 2.  Sadly with these latest spoilers it makes the crap that was the Quinn/Finn redux look like a well crafted story.  

Frankly it should have taken Finn a little while to trust the rest of ND, save Rachel, for their willingness to keep quiet about a lie that pretty much blew up his future just so they could have a shot at winning sectionals.   As far as Quinn/Puck he shouldn't even been on speaking terms with them until maybe the end of the season.  Instead he was playing drums on a ballad Puck sang to Quinn about their kid.   I loved "Beth" but that was always such a WTF moment for me.  The last person who should be willing to help Puck out with that song should have been Finn.  Instead he was happily playing drums while Puck serenaded Quinn about the child just 2-3 months prior he assumed was his and he and his mother supported accordingly.  

Nitpicking, but Finn didn't play drums on that song. He sang along and had a verse. That episode also was originally supposed to air after "Funk," in which Puck and Finn kind of rebonded through taking revenge on Vocal Adrenaline.

Which isn't to say the aftermath was well handled at all, because it wasn't. There was a rich story to tell there about rebuilding the friendships and forgiveness, but the writers got scared off by the audience yelling about the baby mama drama and just dropped the whole thing until it was about time for the birth. What they didn't get was that the things that annoyed people were the secrets and the plan to pass the baby off as Terri's. Once those things were out in the open, the story could have still been there.

There were some posts on FuckYeahGleeClub of scenes/call sheet (x, x and x). I've put them all in chronological order:

-   Episode 601, Scene 8
   Rachel
   McKinley Hallway - Uninvited: Rachel haunts the hallways and goes to her old locker

-   Episode 601, Scene 12
   Rachel and Blaine
   Ext. Music Store: Rachel sings while they walk

-   Episode 601, Scene 13
   Rachel and Blaine
   Int. Music Store: Blaine plays the piano, the crowd politely claps

-   Episode 601, Scene 20
   Kurt
   Flashback - NYADA Hallway: Students look at magazines and brochures

-   Episode 601, Scene 27
   Will, Rachel, and Vocal Adrenaline
   Carmel Auditorium - Dance the Night Away: Vocal Adrenaline rehearses;
   Will counsels Rachel

-   Episode 601, Scene 41 (End of Act 5)
   Kurt, Blaine, Dave
   Scandals: Kurt meets Blaine, Karofsky’s arrival stuns Kurt

-   Episode 601, Scenes 42 and 44 (Act 6)
   Kurt, Blaine, Dave
   Scandals: Blaine’s bear love tests Kurt’s mettle

-   Episode 601, Scene 43

Blaine, Dave, bar patrons
   Flashback - Scandals: Country Bear night; electric slide

-   Episode 601, Scene 45
   Kurt
   Scandals restroom: Kurt can’t keep the tears in

-   Episode 602, Scene 19 (End of Act 1)
   Rachel, Mercedes, Kurt, Artie, Tina, Puck, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, Sam
   Auditorium: Rachel brings back the old Glee Club

-   Episode 602, Scene 26
   Kurt and Spencer
   Weight room: Spencer (Marshall Williams) says no because Glee club sucks

-   Episode 602, Scene 38 (End of Act 4)
   Rachel, Mercedes, Kurt, Artie, Tina, Puck, Quinn, Santana, Brittany, Sam, Roderick, and the band
   Auditorium: Roderick (Noah Guthrie) auditions with Mustang Sally

-   Episode 602, Scene 43
   Rachel and Jane
   McKinley - Will’s Office: Jane pressures Rachel to let her join the New Directions

No wonder Blaine dismissed Kurt's old season 2 and 3 physique ("...and Kurt was...well...Kurt") in 'Tested' when he's apparently so attracted to bears (plural, according to the call sheet, so not just Karofsky?).

I mean: say what?

Last season Blaine said he loved the time when Kurt was seen as weaker and girlier than him, but now he's totally into bears? I'm starting to agree with the ones who are saying that Blaine got (another?) brain transplant over the summer.

This whole Blainofsky thing seems to make a reunion of Klaine more and more impossible and unlikely with every new spoiler.

Why on earth would this couple want to be together again, when Kurt (rightfully imo) broke of the engagement because they were constantly fighting and they now failed living together twice (after failing a long distance relationship), Blaine clearly isn't into Kurt physically, and they have this whole ugly dating-the-ex-bully mess to work through on top of that?

Also: how can Blaine accuse Rachel and Kurt of stealing Warbler talent, when Jane is the one who pressures Rachel to let her join ND?

And on a more personal note as a Kurt fan:

Besides that I hate to see Kurt crying period (he's had quite enough of that over the seasons already, thank you very much), I'm quite vexed he doesn't even get to sing in an episode when he cries twice and is clearly very upset. But instead Blainchel get it all, of course.

Edited by Glorfindel

The saddest spoilers i've read is all the original graduates running around their old high school yet again reduced to recruiting for the new New Directions . Their lives have no forward motion just to lick the ass of some new High School ND kids and tell them how special they are and beg them to join the club.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Maybe it's me but what better way to illustrate  the importance of the performing arts in schools then  to show through the graduates how it helped them in their loves POST High school with whatever career/passion/calling they chose, whether in the performing arts or not.

• Love 1

The season theme is "comeback" so they're going to make anybody they have for more than a few episodes pathetic losers from loser town. You have to be the worst humans ever before you get everything you ever wanted because that's so Glee. By the end they'll all be dunked in enough Purell and winner sauce that we're supposed to feel good about their relationships and whatever kind of awesome winning at life career things they get no matter how much the first few episodes make us hurl in our mouths. They don't quite get that the few people left watching don't want to toss their cookies before the "happy" ending and that sort of thing is going to make viewers wander off to watch something on another network or whatever Netflix has to offer. Even with the meh ratings on the new shows, I'd still wager Glee doesn't air on a real night or the entire season they had to order. This shit wouldn't be happening if anybody left cared.

The saddest spoilers i've read is all the original graduates running around their old high school yet again reduced to recruiting for the new New Directions . Their lives have no forward motion just to lick the ass of some new High School ND kids and tell them how special they are and beg them to join the club.

They remind me of the TV trope* of the small high school football team who had a great season, won a championship and the guys dine out on it for the rest of their lives, because that was as good as it ever got for them.

*I've been told this does happen but as I'm not American I wasn't sure if it was real.

They remind me of the TV trope* of the small high school football team who had a great season, won a championship and the guys dine out on it for the rest of their lives, because that was as good as it ever got for them.

*I've been told this does happen but as I'm not American I wasn't sure if it was real.

It does, but it's very small town everybody knows your name. It's really just as bad as you think.

Maybe it's me but what better way to illustrate  the importance of the performing arts in schools then  to show through the graduates how it helped them in their loves POST High school with whatever career/passion/calling they chose, whether in the performing arts or not.

Pretty much what I have been saying all along.

Sure follow Rachel  - bway, Mercedes- recording artist, Mike- dancer show them going into  performing arts as career but other arts for some like  Kurt as fashion derringer, Arite the director.   But the rest should be going after none arts careers, but sho how  the  the arts help them anyway.  

Their lives have no forward motion just to lick the ass of some new High School ND kids and tell them how special they are and beg them to join the club.

While these spoilers indicate that holds true for Rachel, Kurt, and Blaine (much like Finn before them)  at least with the rest of the graduates they are just visiting for homecoming weekend and only helping out white they are there.  After that weekend they will leave and get back to their lives away from McKinley

You know what is really sad to me?  How this shortchanges the role Will played in all of their lives and in ND.  What I mean is the show emphasized over and over ND was special to the members because of the work Will put in.  They did that in season one with "My Life would Suck without You" and "To Sir with Love."  They did that in season 3 with "We are the Champions" and they did it last season with the Will tribute.  I can even wank that they helped out Finn because he was keeping the home fires burning at ND while Will took a sabbatical.  

Now it seems it wasn't Will what made ND special but rather it existing at all.  It would be a lot more consistent to how the graduates viewed ND in the past (through a Will lens) if they offered help to him in his new position while they were at home visiting.  

Edited by camussie

The thing is that the show had Principal Sue in effect defeating Will with "100".  He lost.  Rachel and Kurt restarting New Directions while he's stuck coaching VA doesn't give Will a comeback with his own actions at McKinley.  I'm sure at the end Rachel/Kurt will magnanimously hand ND over to him as a gift.  Unless Rachel is left at Lima as the new 2.0 Will.

Will was the constant of New Directions.

Glee burns down everything eventually so it's not surprising that Will's pivotal  role in New Directions has been scorched as well.

Edited by caracas1914

" New Directions" was such a perfect ending for the whole Glee club story IMO. Even As a a Will fan I would have happily seen the show shift entirely to New York for the rest of the shows run and have him only make a couple of guest apparences after that ending.

Everything I have heard about s6 just.. Sucks.

Edited by Pink ranger
  • Love 2
I think Will is being shortchanged by coaching VA, but I don't think the graduates deciding to restart ND does that.

My point is the members of ND have consistently said Will was the main factor in making it special.  In that sense if they wanted "the next generation" of high school students to find the sort of fulfillment they did I would think they would be throwing their efforts into helping Will succeed wherever he decided to make his "choir home."  I get why TPTB want ND itself to have a comeback but as Caracas pointed out that comeback would be more satisfying if it was orchestrated by Will with the occasional assistance from the graduates.  

Edited by camussie

The story of Will restarting Glee club from scratch and coaching them to the championship has already been told ( s1-3). RIB just can't/ doesn't want to retell that story in a novel way but prefers to tell exactly the same story but with different characters slotted in.

Edited by Pink ranger