Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Remember

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Dale mentions Andrea is a civil rights lawyer in Season 2 when he was trying to get her to help him save Randall. Jobs I remember pre ZA

Jacqui - city planning

Dale - retired and traveling with his wife who died

Glen - delivered pizzas

Herschel - veterinarian

Amy - college student

Lori - teacher

Other than Rick and Shane can't remember anyone else talking about their jobs

Lori wasn't a teacher; she was a "housewife". She goes to school to pick up Carl and take him home.

ETA: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Lori_Grimes_(TV_Series)

Edited by kikismom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Lori wasn't a teacher; she was a "housewife". She goes to school to pick up Carl and take him home.

I didn't remember anything about her being a teacher either but on the other hand I could have seen her as one, elementary ed, something like that.  

Other jobs I remember are that Bob was an army medic and Abraham was in the Army as well.  Sasha worked as a firefighter I think and Tara wanted to be a cop.

Edited by Dodginblue
(edited)

I just don't like where they've been taking Daryl recently. Next week I expect him to go cut himself because he feels left out.

If you are going to hang out on the porch and be a big emo, don't let your stink ruin it for everyone. 

I predict Daryl will become the newest member of the local teen clan.

So, is Daryl using the toilet? Or just dropping little surprises all over the neighbor's front lawns?

** dead ** (so to speak)

Edited by missy jo

Doesn't anyone else remember Carl saying to his mother that she was just a housewife and she throws the chicken feed at him?

Yep!

I remember Bob being a medic but I dont remember any mention of Sasha job pre ZA

Doesn't anyone else remember Carl saying to his mother that she was just a housewife and she throws the chicken feed at him?

Why no, no I don't. But then again, I have purged all memories of Lori from my mind (except for the verbal smack down Andrea gave her while at the Greene's farm) :-)

• Love 1
(edited)

I love how wonderfully it was directed and portrayed by the cast when the whole group stayed in the same house, especially that first night.

Even being together and inside an actual house with no immediate threats from walkers - either inside the house or outside - they seemed so shell-shocked.  Like they couldn't believe what they were experiencing was real.  (just about) Everyone just had that dazed "this is a dream, right?!" look about them.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 4

I remember Bob being a medic but I dont remember any mention of Sasha job pre ZA

On Talking Dead, Sonequa said her backstory for Sasha was that she was a firefighter pre-ZA, but that's never been on The Walking Dead.

• Love 3

Although I kind of understand Deanne's supposed reasons, and what others have mentioned here, I don't think I'd be out looking for new people to join my community. I'd be keeping all that hot water and electricity for myself.

• Love 1

Although I kind of understand Deanne's supposed reasons, and what others have mentioned here, I don't think I'd be out looking for new people to join my community. I'd be keeping all that hot water and electricity for myself.

Not only that, but is bringing in total strangers really worth the risk??  I know its being played - so far - that these people in the ASZ have been really sheltered and stuff, but you really want to bring in a homeless hobo-looking psycho who threatened to put his knife in the base of the skull of one their people just because his group might have stopped for a quick 5-min breather before making it back to the barn?!  If I was Aaron in that whole sequence, I would have been "Ooops, sorry.  I think I got the wrong group, must be the other group out there I am supposed to recruit.  I'll just kindly be on my way now, thanks.  Good luck out here;  Bye!"

And shit, it just hit me.  Why would you bring in a group like this, who are clearly feral and will do and kill everything to save themselves - if not do so anyways, because they want the place and won't have to worry about retaliation - just to 'be nice and extend the hand of friendship'?   I speculate that the tptb might potentially take the story in the direction that the Wolves are out there, ASZ knows it, and needs people like CDB for protection and fighting off whatever's coming.

Still doesn't make sense why the wall supports were put up outside the defensible & livable area, though.....

• Love 3
(edited)

Carl has all the chips.

Noah is all out.

With the poker theme we have going on in ASZ this can't be an accident.

My 2 explanations:

1) Noah is still new, and doesn't want to rock the boat, and figured let him win so Sheriff Crazy Pants doesn't get upset...

2) He figures if he lets Coral win, he might finally buy himself a damn haircut.

All kidding aside, I do like scenes like this, since it's nice to see random characters paired up for scenes, even if it's background, just the reinforce the semi-family feel of the group.

At the very least, you need some canon fodder for when another group shows up trying to take that hot water and electricity away from you and...oops, good luck with that, Deanna.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4

Does anyone know where they filmed the Alexandria scenes? I don't remember any areas like that in Senoia, though, to be fair, I haven't been down there in a few years. The style of the houses and the larger building in the background look a lot more like intown or hell, maybe here in Smyrna. But all I can find via Google is that they filmed much of the end of the season in Senoia. Just curious!

We were down there in November, I think, and the wall was right outside downtown Senoia. We were there for something else and didn't really investigate, though.

chandlerriggs5: if any of you were wondering why carl is completely dominating noah in this game of poker: neither one of us knew how to play, so josh showed us how. after a few rounds of being really confused and terrible, i started getting lucky, and before we shot this scene they started rolling the cameras, so everyone bet all the chips they had. i ended up winning, thus making carl the poker god of the apocalypse.

Well, isn't he just adorable. So cool that they were actually playing. 

I was also wondering about her husband and why he hasn't been shown yet.

Agreed.  I tend to think that he's no longer with us. But I don't really have anything to base that on. She did say, while interviewing Rick, that what her husband WAS mattered. Past tense. But that doesn't have to indicate that her husband WAS, just means she's talking about who people were before the turn. But I still just feel like he's gone. You'd think your husband would be one of the first people you'd introduce a new group to. They've met her son. 

Holy shit, Lori was a teacher?  "Has anyone seen my students?"

Hahaha, right?? Was Lori really a teacher? I don't remember ever hearing that. I sort of pictured her as a SAHM. Trying, and failing, to perfect her pancakes. 

Shane went to tell Lori Rick had been shot at the school where she was working. Im way to invested; please dont judge me.

I thought that was Carl's school. Lori was waiting out on the sidewalk, with another woman (another mom?), and Carl was just coming out of the school after Shane had told Lori. 

• Love 1

Yes, if you looked down Woodbury's main street, it's almost straight ahead.

So, basically they went 600 miles this time to end up where they started.

Maybe the episode should have been titled "Rick's Group Travels In Their Biggest CIrcle Yet! " or "Remember: Doesn't This Street Look Familiar?"

• Love 4
(edited)

So, basically they went 600 miles this time to end up where they started.

Maybe the episode should have been titled "Rick's Group Travels In Their Biggest CIrcle Yet! " or "Remember: Doesn't This Street Look Familiar?"

I don't know if it is, but the very back brick buildings here look like Woodbury to me.

HG5vMYQ.jpg

ETA: if locations are your thing, you can see where ASZ is in relation to Senoia here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?vpsrc=6&t=h&ll=33.298973,-84.555625&iwloc=0004b1424ec46951c6033&ie=UTF8&msa=0&spn=0.088245,0.079737&z=14&hl=en&mid=zD38FaCAJQek.k_FDpSYzC2wI

Scroll to the bottom of the location list on the left, and you can click on ASZ.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 1
(edited)

Well they did make the main street in Woodbury from the same place by Herschel's farm that they went to the pharmacy, and where Herschel got drunk, Philly thugs etc. They just painted the bar building and put an awning on the pharmacy and took away the signs. Nevertheless, they wandered---by their own words in circles--for 7 months.

Never choose a leader who has one foot nailed to the ground.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 3
(edited)

But it makes it so easy to see all the filming sites in a short time...if one were so inclined. :)

Oh, according to the Walking Dead Locations map I linked to, the bar and pharmacy were in Sharpsburg, GA, and Woodbury is in Senoia. I've been to "Woodbury" but I have never seen the pharmacy.

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think the existence of Judith (and maybe Carl) may be why Deanna ultimately let them in. I would also probably be less inclined to think that a group with a baby can be stone cold killers. While I think Deanna may be underestimating our group, I also think she sees that at their base they aren't wild savages.

Does anyone know where they filmed the Alexandria scenes? I don't remember any areas like that in Senoia, though, to be fair, I haven't been down there in a few years. The style of the houses and the larger building in the background look a lot more like intown or hell, maybe here in Smyrna. But all I can find via Google is that they filmed much of the end of the season in Senoia. Just curious!

On TD, Denise Huth mentioned they still film in Senoia, and they showed a montage of the houses being built for the show. I don't recall how many of the houses they said they built - it seemed like a lot, if not all of them. (ETA: I googled and apparently they built the wall around an actual neighborhood so it's probably a mix of "set houses" and people's real homes. Either way, cute little area!) Guess 20 minutes of ad revenue really does add up. 

Edited by Samx
  • Love 1

So, upon rewatch last night, I really get the feeling that the writers are setting this up for Rick and co. to take over the town, like he said. There was that scene at the end, where the camera pans over the entire gang, all in the house together, and we hear Rick's interview replayed - with him saying how dangerous it is for them to open their gates, how it's all about survival now, and people will use them and do whatever they have to in order to survive. Then the final moment on the porch, with 3 of the original ATL 5, where Rick flat out says they might just have to take ASZ from the ASZhats. 

Now, I don't think they're going to go full on Claimer and kill, rape, or banish everyone. But I do think we're being setup for a takeover. I think the idea was marinating in Rick's head from the moment they arrived, Carol's too. Look at how she handled her interview. She proclaimed herself to be a people person, and now her job is making meals for the elderly and moms who need a break, etc. This gives her a front row seat into how this town works. She's going to be going into homes, helping people, earning their trust. She has potential to get a lot of intel this way. 

I think, in the end, the group is going to NEED CDB to take over. Their ways may have "worked" for them for a time (even though they just lost 4 of their people on one run last week), but they can't forever. This new world's going to need a Rick Grimes. They just don't know it yet. Or maybe they do. Maybe there will be some resistance. But maybe there will be many others who feel safer and more comfortable with the way CDB does things. 

I don't think Rick and co are going to turn into total monsters, but I do think THEY are what Rick warned Deanna about. I think she will lose this place. 

• Love 7

But it makes it so easy to see all the filming sites in a short time...if one were so inclined. :)

Oh, according to the Walking Dead Locations map I linked to, the bar and pharmacy were in Sharpsburg, GA, and Woodbury is in Senoia. I've been to "Woodbury" but I have never seen the pharmacy.

You are so right! I went off a fansite but you have the correct locations! My bad, thanks for the fix! :- )

• Love 2
(edited)

I can see them taking over; I just am cautious about the part with "losing 4 people last week."

I've seen several comments talking about things said by the people in Alexandria---people are suspicious but then take the statements seriously and I'm not sure anything they say should be taken as true if it can't or hasn't been seen by our group.

It isn't as if they have hundreds of people in ASZ; losing 4 people in one week is a lot and even at the prison our gang would be devastated. But it doesn't seem as though anyone is in mourning at ASZ, even though it's 4 dead and it just happened a few days ago? But they are supposed to be less hardened than our group?

Hell, even when things were going well at the prison they argued about taking Bob along---one new guy---to the B!g Stop. Even when Sasha heard he was an army medic she felt one week with them was not enough.

I think a whole lot of "mistakes" at ASZ are not mistakes or failures but possibly setting up our people. If they were all really that stupid and incompetent as they are being perceived, how have they survived since the beginning (for a year and a half)?

Deanna runs everything. Any smart poker player let's others think they are a greenhorn...till the other players get feeling so superior they put all their treasure in the pot...and then SURPRISE!.

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 3
It isn't as if they have hundreds of people in ASZ; losing 4 people in one week is a lot and even at the prison our gang would be devastated. But it doesn't seem as though anyone is in mourning at ASZ, even though it's 4 dead and it just happened a few days ago? But they are supposed to be less hardened than our group?

You make a lot of good points. And I'm not entirely opposed to the idea that the ASZhats are playing everyone with all of their "Aw shucks" behavior. However, the crap with Aiden and his pal in the woods seemed very real. It appears they had trapped that walker because it killed their friend(s) and he was VERY pissed that A. the walker had gotten away and B. Glenn killed it. So it seemed, to me, that they were upset about the loss, because they were trying to take revenge on that walker. Maybe whoever the four were, they were younger and peers of Aiden and his friends, so the other people Rick and co. met might not have been as affected? Yes, they're less hardened, but they might also not be as close. The things CDB have been through have bonded them in such a way that a loss of anyone is like losing a limb. Maybe in ASZ people are more closed off, like neighbors in a suburb anywhere in America. Just doing their own thing? 

• Love 3
(edited)

You make a lot of good points. And I'm not entirely opposed to the idea that the ASZhats are playing everyone with all of their "Aw shucks" behavior. However, the crap with Aiden and his pal in the woods seemed very real. It appears they had trapped that walker because it killed their friend(s) and he was VERY pissed that A. the walker had gotten away and B. Glenn killed it. So it seemed, to me, that they were upset about the loss, because they were trying to take revenge on that walker. Maybe whoever the four were, they were younger and peers of Aiden and his friends, so the other people Rick and co. met might not have been as affected? Yes, they're less hardened, but they might also not be as close. The things CDB have been through have bonded them in such a way that a loss of anyone is like losing a limb. Maybe in ASZ people are more closed off, like neighbors in a suburb anywhere in America. Just doing their own thing? 

I wonder if those 4 people were with Enid's group.  I would think that people going on runs would be the ones that had at least a little experience outside of the gates.  Adien shouldn't be leading anyone and I'm sure Glenn is right - he got those people killed.  It sounds like Enid was possibly the last people they let in, so the rest of the ASZ might not have been close to them.  If they were as feral as CDB, people probably shied away from them.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 1

I don't think Rick and co are going to turn into total monsters, but I do think THEY are what Rick warned Deanna about. I think she will lose this place.

The one consistent attitude I get from Deanna is that she thinks about the long term. I tend to think it's already safe to say they don't plan to eat, enslave or use CDB for sport. What would her strategy be in putting two of the group in a position of power and trust where they will presumably have access to the arms they've just surrendered? Regardless of whether they need constables, (are there goings-on among some that are out of her ability to control?) I think she's taking a calculated risk that she could lose the place, the risk in her mind would not be so much the loss but whether the change is a net positive. She might even be seriously worried about what would happen in the resulting power vacuum if she were ill, dead or faced a challenge that was out of her scope, given that she has an over-confident, entitled son who acts like he's still in middle school instead of being a grown-ass man surviving a zombie apocalypse. She probably knows he's an idiot.

• Love 5

The one consistent attitude I get from Deanna is that she thinks about the long term. I tend to think it's already safe to say they don't plan to eat, enslave or use CDB for sport. What would her strategy be in putting two of the group in a position of power and trust where they will presumably have access to the arms they've just surrendered? Regardless of whether they need constables, (are there goings-on among some that are out of her ability to control?) I think she's taking a calculated risk that she could lose the place, the risk in her mind would not be so much the loss but whether the change is a net positive. She might even be seriously worried about what would happen in the resulting power vacuum if she were ill, dead or faced a challenge that was out of her scope, given that she has an over-confident, entitled son who acts like he's still in middle school instead of being a grown-ass man surviving a zombie apocalypse. She probably knows he's an idiot.

She said she hadn't considered taking anyone in for a long time.  It makes me think that there is a threat out there that she knows about and CDB have been brought in to act as their bodyguards.

• Love 10

What would her strategy be in putting two of the group in a position of power and trust where they will presumably have access to the arms they've just surrendered?

Because I am a cynic I think it could be a strategy to

1. Make the long-time residents nervous to see the newbies as the cops with guns
  2. Insert an emergency caused by those newbies being dangerous traitors
  3. Get the long-timers whipped up into a defensive feel about Dear Leader being betrayed
  4. Making it not only "necessary" to shoot and kill Rick and MIchonne but something long-timers would support
  5. Thus getting rid of two of the smarter, more wily newcomers
  6. Leaving Daryl frozen out; and Carol ...alone? Forced to make a play before she's ready---only to be shot too?
  7. Scare the others into submission where they will cooperate without rebellion till you need to give up some people for hostages to the enemy, or some other sacrifice?

Because I am a cynic I think it could be a strategy to

1. Make the long-time residents nervous to see the newbies as the cops with guns
  2. Insert an emergency caused by those newbies being dangerous traitors
  3. Get the long-timers whipped up into a defensive feel about Dear Leader being betrayed
  4. Making it not only "necessary" to shoot and kill Rick and MIchonne but something long-timers would support
  5. Thus getting rid of two of the smarter, more wily newcomers
  6. Leaving Daryl frozen out; and Carol ...alone? Forced to make a play before she's ready---only to be shot too?
  7. Scare the others into submission where they will cooperate without rebellion till you need to give up some people for hostages to the enemy, or some other sacrifice?

You know the peeps that have been there awhile could be getting restless too.  Think about it they just lost 4 people.  That could be 4 Fathers, Mothers, someone's Sister, Brother.  I'm sure they all know what an idiot Aiden is and if they think he got them killed, well they could be on the verge of a rebellion.  I'd be plenty ticked if one of my loved ones died and they had a self admitted douche leading them when it happened.

• Love 4

I love how wonderfully it was directed and portrayed by the cast when the whole group stayed in the same house, especially that first night.

Even being together and inside an actual house with no immediate threats from walkers - either inside the house or outside - they seemed so shell-shocked.  Like they couldn't believe what they were experiencing was real.  (just about) Everyone just had that dazed "this is a dream, right?!" look about them.

I thought they looked like war-torn refuges...which...I suppose is accurate.

So, upon rewatch last night, I really get the feeling that the writers are setting this up for Rick and co. to take over the town,

Well, at least it would be something different. As others have noted, the pattern with our crew and 'homes' is getting a little repetitive.

• Love 2

I tend to think Deanna's strategy is to make sure nobody (especially Aidan) winds up trussed-up and hanging upside down in the town square, so I'm inclined find the idea that she'd bring in newcomers to manufacture a crisis dubious, especially when her own people include many who aren't likely to be effective fighters and could easily be taken hostage or expelled. I think it's more likely she needs human capitol and is willing to take the risk that they'd change the community profoundly.

• Love 1

Think about it they just lost 4 people.

If. If.

Even if they really lost 4 people, they were a little light on the details.

The Governor told his people how the Army soldiers died. Not really.

He became Brian, not really, and told his new group how RV camp Pete lost his life, and how Martinez died. Not really.

Of course, Carol told Deanna how much she loved and missed Ed.

Not really.

Oh, and Carl, you didn't cut the baby out of your mother. Maggie did. One would think something that drastic wouldn't be something he could get mixed up about.

Not really.

• Love 2
I speculate that the tptb might potentially take the story in the direction that the Wolves are out there, ASZ knows it, and needs people like CDB for protection and fighting off whatever's coming.

Oh, I like this idea. I really do. It makes sense too. Noah's community looked similar to ASZ, what with the manicured lawns and big houses, etc. The Wolves tried and apparently succeeded in raiding that community. I know there is a distance issue, but maybe they are systematically moving along to various areas. Maybe they are even some sort of military with vehicles, etc.

The ASZ residents we can see are too soft right now - they need Rick's group to help them defend. They have good defense with the wall, but all it takes is a bunch as asshole humans to build ladders and scale the walls, since there is no perimeter defense, ala Woodbury. Because remember, how does ASZ KNOW about Rick's group in the first place? I can see someone - like Morgan for example - telling Deanna about them. Hmmm...

• Love 5
She said she hadn't considered taking anyone in for a long time.  It makes me think that there is a threat out there that she knows about and CDB have been brought in to act as their bodyguards.

Yup. That's really what I'm feeling. So maybe she wants to use them just as much as they want to use her. 

Oh, and Carl, you didn't cut the baby out of your mother. Maggie did. One would think something that drastic wouldn't be something he could get mixed up about.

Except that's not what Carl said. He said he didn't just lose his mother, he killed her. Which is technically true. I mean, we'll never know for certain, but I always thought Lori hadn't completely died when he put that bullet in her head. 

• Love 5

I tend to think Deanna's strategy is to make sure nobody (especially Aidan) winds up trussed-up and hanging upside down in the town square, so I'm inclined find the idea that she'd bring in newcomers to manufacture a crisis dubious, especially when her own people include many who aren't likely to be effective fighters and could easily be taken hostage or expelled. I think it's more likely she needs human capitol and is willing to take the risk that they'd change the community profoundly.

The Governor didn't want to end up hanging in the town square, so he manufactured a crisis. Twice.

If her own people can be easily expelled, it would only be by her. Why would she need strangers to prevent her people from being expelled by her own order?

If her own people can be easily taken hostage, it would have to be outside. She didn't send anyone with Aaron and Eric, even her son and his crew...guess she was okay with maybe losing a recruiter who hasn't had any recruiting to do in 8 months. Wonder what he does the rest of the time?

I'm seeing a lot of changes in how this story goes alreadly.

. I'm not confident about anything, except that Judith is the only one I'm sure isn't a liar. Only because she can't talk yet.

• Love 2

xcept that's not what Carl said. He said he didn't just lose his mother, he killed her. Which is technically true. I mean, we'll never know for certain, but I always thought Lori hadn't completely died when he put that bullet in her head.

Well, he is getting to that age where EVERYTHING will be about him, whether it is or it isn't.

• Love 2

Well, he is getting to that age where EVERYTHING will be about him, whether it is or it isn't.

I think that has been the case since the show started...lol  Typical only child syndrome.  It's one the reasons I felt like the devil because I wanted a child to become Walker Chow in season 2 so bad...lol

• Love 2

I agree with those who are thinking that Enid's parents (or father, at least) was part of the group that got exiled.  My boyfriend and I got into a deep discussion about this because his original stand was that, were that the case, Enid would have gone with them.  My point was that, were I exiled from what I believed was a safe place, I would leave my child there to ensure her safety.  I know that theory kind of falls apart if she is climbing the walls to bring her dad supplies, but we don't know that he isn't screaming at her when she arrives that she shouldn't be doing that. 

• Love 3
(edited)

It's one the reasons I felt like the devil because I wanted a child to become Walker Chow in season 2 so bad

Don't feel too bad, I've been wanting that since season 1...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

The one consistent attitude I get from Deanna is that she thinks about the long term. I tend to think it's already safe to say they don't plan to eat, enslave or use CDB for sport. What would her strategy be in putting two of the group in a position of power and trust where they will presumably have access to the arms they've just surrendered?

It's easier to isolate and eliminate the constable who's walking the beat.

Not that I think that's what's going on, but at some point each group either needs to take some calculated risks or decide to wipe out the other group.

After all, for all of CDB's alleged street smarts, they actually stayed in the house assigned to Rick. They didn't ask to stay in Aaron's place instead, or ask for Aaron or Eric to stay with them as, in effect, a hostage.  Nor, so far as I can tell, did they examine the house for any potential surprises.

Not that the Alexandrians would likely blow up a house to get rid of CDB, but in world of cannibal hipsters, zombie gladiators and Beth poking herself to death, anything can happen.

• Love 1

You know the peeps that have been there awhile could be getting restless too. Think about it they just lost 4 people. That could be 4 Fathers, Mothers, someone's Sister, Brother. I'm sure they all know what an idiot Aiden is and if they think he got them killed, well they could be on the verge of a rebellion. I'd be plenty ticked if one of my loved ones died and they had a self admitted douche leading them when it happened.

Hey, he never admitted he was a douche. Just proved it! :)

• Love 2

The Governor didn't want to end up hanging in the town square, so he manufactured a crisis. Twice.

If her own people can be easily expelled, it would only be by her. Why would she need strangers to prevent her people from being expelled by her own order?

If her own people can be easily taken hostage, it would have to be outside. She didn't send anyone with Aaron and Eric, even her son and his crew...guess she was okay with maybe losing a recruiter who hasn't had any recruiting to do in 8 months. Wonder what he does the rest of the time?

Things did not end well for the Governor and he became irrelevant once he slaughtered most of his best fighters for questioning his BSC leadership, the same would have happened eventually if he'd succeeded in taking the prison. His inability to tolerate anything other than obedience was his eventual downfall, regardless of whether it had kept him in power as long as it had. Eventually you run out of people to run if you keep sacrificing them to the greater good of your leadership.

I'd find it suspicious on several levels if she was doing an end run around Rick's leadership and appointing someone like Abraham as constable. He's a hothead and easily lead. I would raise an eyebrow if she were keeping him and Michonne out of the loop as much as possible while finding places for the rest of the group. She's getting some side-eye for Rick being handed a useless weapon when he went for a walkabout but I still find it more telling that Rick and Michonne were assigned as constables after a dispute where they de-escalated a confrontation without playing favourites between their people and hers.

If there was a crisis it would be easy for the newcomers to take hostages or expel the weak, and really, once your child has a gun at their head or is outside the gates, with only a frail, elderly neighbour between them and a walker, how many would stand their ground and continue to fight inside the walls? The arms are seemingly kept in a central location. Take that, and you're likely done. Even if there are more elsewhere, (not improbable) that still gives CDB a significant cache of weapons. Even assuming that most of the buildings have people we haven't seen yet, for example, that block Deanna lives in could contain an awful lot of people, the newcomers still would represent a significant portion of the population and are a fairly cohesive group of experienced fighters and survivors. It doesn't seem like reasonable odds of success if her end game is to use them as fodder to maintain order. 

I don't really understand the spoiler, is it a reference to events in the comics?

• Love 1

Hey, he never admitted he was a douche. Just proved it! :)

Aiden totally copped to it: "Look, I can be a hardass, and I know I'm a douchebag. Someone's got to call the ball around here, and that someone is me. If you're on this crew, you do exactly as I say."

• Love 6

Agreed.  I tend to think that he's no longer with us. But I don't really have anything to base that on. She did say, while interviewing Rick, that what her husband WAS mattered. Past tense. But that doesn't have to indicate that her husband WAS, just means she's talking about who people were before the turn. But I still just feel like he's gone. You'd think your husband would be one of the first people you'd introduce a new group to. They've met her son. 

At different times in her conversation with Rick, Deana referred to her husband in both past and present tense. While I think it would be more probable she would forget her husband was recently deceased vs. forgetting he was still alive, technically the jury's still out. :)

That, or additional cannon fodder.

• Love 2