Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

At least that pic confirms Heatwave i back on the team.  I thought it was kind of vague at the end of the last episode whether he was still goign to have to be deprogrammed/rehabilitated more or if he was just going to slip back into his old role.

Saw the ep. 

I liked this one, it was fun and managed to tell us a lot more information than previous eps.

Best part for me was Sara drinking Mick under the table. I think that earned Sara even more of his respect. I loved him saying they should've really taken Sara on the mission. New Mick is smarter and calmer. I like it.  I do hope we get more of Sara and Mick bonding. 

Also if Sara thinks she doesn't have marketable job skills, she should really think about getting into counseling. She seems to be great at it.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

3 episodes in a row of Ray&Kendra focus is a bit too much for me but I liked this one-we just didn't need last weeks episode's them. Imo. I like that we are getting into time master stuff. Not enough Sara as usual but I liked Rip&Jonas's "friendship". Stein saving and creating HG Wells was a nice use of time travel. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

Agreed on the not enough of Sara. I didn't like that she got stuck with Kendra. I would've liked Kendra to be more interesting so I could enjoy the two women characters. But they stuck Kendra with Ray and didn't develop her any further. And there is way too much focus on Ray/Kendra. It really looks like they had no other ideas of what do with her character. I didn't need Sara pushing their relationship but as I said Sara really should think about getting into counseling after the Waverider gig is up. 

I wondered if they were going to meet any famous people in history and then they did. Of course as a Warehouse 13 fan, H.G. Wells is a woman for me. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

My daughter refuses to accept H.G. as a man. I think I've failed her as her mother.

Anna Deavere Smith!  As Older Kendra!  How nice to see you again, it's been so long since The West Wing.  That said, that plot was kind of a waste.  I'm tired of Kendra's back and forth about Ray.  Pick a side and stick to it -- Hawkgirl should not be wishy washy. 

I loved Ray getting to scratch being able to tell someone "Get out of town and don't come back" off his bucket list.

I really liked Mich this episode.  No longer so stupid and having fun being tough.  Sara was also in her metier.  Nice gun spinning, CL.

It was a fun episode.  Well needed after last week's.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I'm already super sick of this Kendra/Ray/Carter stuff and I'll have 5 more episodes to suffer through it? And now Rip's chickening out on actually killing Savage? I feel like they have slowly made this show the ATOM and Hawk shows they were throwing around first that the CW nixed. I feel Like Sara is so being short changed. I know they were use her to highlight one of the other characters but still. At least I also love Snart and Rory who are actually being development. 

http://dclegendstv.com/2016/04/14/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-14-description-river-of-time/

Legends of Tomorrow Episode 14 Description

“River of Time” is the title of the May 5 episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and The CW has now released an official description to promote it....

CAPTURED – After numerous attempts in many different time periods, the team has successfully captured Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump). However, Savage tells Kendra (Ciara Renée) that he can reunite her with Carter (Falk Hentschel) so she struggles with whether she should kill him. Rip (Arthur Darvill) decides they will deliver Savage to the Time Masters which doesn’t sit well with Snart (Wentworth Miller) and Rory (Dominic Purcell). The duo decides it may be time to jump ship and return to their old life. Meanwhile, Savage taunts Ray (Brandon Routh) about his place in Kendra’s life. Alice Troughton directed the episode written by Cortney Norris & Anderson Mackenzie (#114). Original airdate 5/5/2016.

Edited by tarotx

Well at least we have one episode of them trying to protect their younger selves before we get to that plot.  I actually don't think Sara is getting short changed in the overall story.  We know we get to see her pre-Gambit and see her reaction to her sister's death here soon.  Plus, she seems to be becoming the glue of the team.

Perhaps we are getting a bit more Kendra because she's going to be written off along with Savage?  Before this last episode, I was kind of bummed about that. Now, I'll be sad for Ray if he loses her but not for the show itself.

I never liked them tying the Hawks to Savage like this, but I was still looking forward to the badass warrior - Hawkgirl. I really don't feel like we've gotten that.  I would have preferred it if they had minimized the romance more (I really didn't mind the 2 year relationship for her and Ray in the 1950s but I wanted it to be background noise after that) and let her surfacing memories be clues for defeating Savage not make her constantly question her relationship with Ray.

I can't blame Snart and Rory for bailing if the plan changes from killing Savage to jailing him - I think I'd be out too at that idea.  That's dumb.

I feel like they have slowly made this show the ATOM and Hawk shows they were throwing around first that the CW nixed.

I wish it was the Sara, Leonard and Mick show. I'd watch the three of them running around helping people and causing trouble. 

• Love 3

Sara is used to help us connect to the other characters and I'll reserved being super annoyed on how much time is spent on her younger self and Laurel's grave site. But what's happening so far leads me to believe that we'll get a tiny glimpse of Sara's inner workings but it'll just be for her to boost another character later in the episode or season. I don't think Caity is getting short changed. She is getting some good work in with her counselling role, character highlighting role and her fighting. It's the character of Sara that I want more time with. 

I really don't enjoy Kendra much and don't care much for her relationship drama between Carter and Ray. And Ray letting Savage get into his head is not going to be fun and fun is how I like my Ray. I know they are going to lose Savage or actually turn him into the time master who'll let him go because this synopsis is only for episode 14 of 16. Having the Time masters let Savage go will be an interesting turn of events but I'm already over Savage and the Hawks. 

However, Savage tells Kendra (Ciara Renée) that he can reunite her with Carter (Falk Hentschel) so she struggles with whether she should kill him.

So, prepare to board the Kendra Hate Train, because I'm sure he'll escape because of her. Ugh, why.

• Love 1

That...doesn't make any sense. If they somehow manage to capture Savage (which would be a minor miracle at this point) and Kendra doesn't immediately (and repeatedly) jam something from the night of the meteors into his face then what the hell was the point of their mission? Killing Savage when they have the chance is literally what the show is about. And Kendra doesn't need Savage to reunite with Carter, she's going to get that eventually. It's an inevitability.

• Love 1

It's possible that killing Savage will stop Kendra and Carter from being reincarnated.

I'm actually kind of hoping it does. But I also thought she would be excited about living a "normal" life knowing destiny was over and anything was possible. I'm a little disappointed that she seems convinced now that she has to be with Carter or might risk a mission to save him.

At this point, I hope she dies in the finale taking Savage down. It will be heartbreaking for Ray but honestly - I like him well enough without him being a love interest. It's fun to see Sara and Jax make fun of Ray and Stein as they geek out over the future.  It's also fun to see Ray interact with Snart and even Heatwave. I'd be ok if his love interest status in season two was restricted to meeting someone cool in the past that he had to say goodbye to. I don't need anything on-going with the crew - unless it's Snart and Ray - that I could ship lol.

Oh - the one Kendra/Ray combo I wouldn't mind seeing is if they can get the actress that just played "old" Kendra back again. I bet she and Ray would be interesting to see together for an episode or two.

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 1

Well to be fair, he's pretty useless in a fight without his suit. 

That's why I rolled my eyes when Ray volunteered to fight Sara. She would've killed him before he even blinked. It was even more funny when he picked up a sword and Sara's like "Don't even think about it. Here's your suit"

I also still believe that the only reason why he can fight now is because the suit's programming remembered Oliver's fighting style and technique from A318. Otherwise the suit could probably not even fight.

• Love 1

I hope she flirts with Sara. It would also be awesome if Sara manages to date another evil leaders daughter. 

Pics of Vandal's daughter

lot2_zps8faryys1.jpg

lot1_zpsqftmh2pe.jpg

That looks like the outfit from the filming pics, where it looks like Sara is infiltrating a group of female soldiers. 

lot-rs3-2.jpg

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

So which categories and which character do we think it is?

Number of characters giving birth:  3

Number of couples having sex, kissing or saying “I Love You” for the first time: 4

Number of new pregnancies: 3

Number of weddings: 3

Number of couples reuniting: 5

Number of fatalities: 17

Number of breakups/divorces: 7

Number of possible fatalities*: 11

Number of characters leaving town: 6

Number of resurrections and/or big returns: 10

Number of onscreen firings/resignations/major job changes: 17

Number of engagements/question poppings: 2

Number of time warps/jump: 1

Number of cliffhangers involving witness protection: 1

My guess is Kendra for:

Number of couples reuniting - Her and Carter

Number of breakups/divorces - Her and Ray

Number of fatalities or Number of characters leaving town: Her and Carter

The number of fatalities is alarming, what is with TV shows and killing people this season?

• Love 1

Time travel is such a headache. 

Wouldn't erasing people's younger selves, erase everything they've done? Wouldn't that screw with the time line? I'm not just talking about the Legends, I meant the other people the Time Masters have apparently done this to. Even if we use Sara an example, would all the people she killed as an assassin be alive if she was killed as a teenager? Or are they going with the time remnants that the Flash uses. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure the time masters ate just immensely corrupt and insane and ate going to be the bad guys of season 2. Like maybe the council splits into factions of crazy people current time masters and a splinter group that is on Rip's side about altering certain moments in time for the future stability of the world.

It's always weird to see Sara run away. I think CL said the same thing when she played Island Sara. She wanted to fight but she couldn't because Sara wasn't there yet. Which makes her smarter than her sister (or was that too soon :D)

It's also nice to see Quentin so happy, when he was married and both daughters were alive and he didn't have to worry about the city being destroyed every May. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
THURSDAY, MAY 12

DC’S Legends of Tomorrow
“Destiny” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

CAPTURED – Being in the vicinity of the Time Masters leaves Rip (Arthur Darvill) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) incredibly disturbed for very different reasons. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) takes over the Waverider, Kendra (Ciara Renée) is reunited with Carter (guest star Falk Hentschel) and Snart (Wentworth Miller) decides he might be a hero after all. Olatunde Osunsanmi directed the episode with story by Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Phil Klemmer & Chris Fedak (#115). Original airdate 5/12/2016.

• Love 2

Has anyone seen the Leviathan trailer yet? Is that supposed to be Captain Atom at the end? (The glowy guy in armor that looks like Atom's, plus it briefly looks like you see the Atom symbol on his chestplate).

I can see the resemblance, but historically Captain Atom hasn't used armor... he was just special.  No mention of him in the IMDB credits, either.  But we shall see!

http://tvline.com/gallery/may-sweeps-spoilers-2016-finale-episodes-photos/#!18/undefined/

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

PRE-FINALE: ....."All that's really left for them to do is attack [savage] at the height of his power," in the year 2166, says showrunner Phil Klemmer. On top of that, Rip & Co. will "have to reckon with the Time Masters," though Klemmer hints at "another shoe to drop" in that contentious relationship, saying: "Maybe the Time Masters aren't as unsullied as they made themselves out to be in the pilot…."

SEASON FINALE (MAY 19): As the season closes, Klemmer says, "We will have to check in on" the world the Legends left behind in 2016 and meet a mystery hero (Suits' Patrick J. Adams) who presents "a fork in the road" — as well as "glimpse of the show to come, which is going to be a lot different" in Season 2. One clue to the interloper's identity: he wears a cape....

• Love 2

A cape....

Dr. Fate perhaps? 

That would totally work! I've long suspected that the Time Lords-lite were somehow in league with Savage, and the episode description above strongly implies that to be true. If they're out of the picture for some reason next season, Dr. Fate could be the one to send the Legends on their mission(s). He could be recurring; showing up to send the team wherever time, space, the multiverse is in peril.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 1

Dr. Fate is the only one I could think of that wears a cape and can time travel. 

I was hoping for the Question only because he's a none super powered hero that they wouldn't need to eat up the CGI budget. Although with Dr. Fate they can use periodically and not use all the budge on all of his powers. 

Edited by Sakura12

I'll leave it to someone else to explain, because I only knew the versions in the animated series, Young Justice and the DCAU. And I'm not sure I totally understood what he was even there. And the versions were different.

I like the idea of it being Dr Fate, I just think this is strange casting if it is.

• Love 1

Dr. Fate was in Smallville. He's DC's version of Dr. Strange. 

Basically he's an immortal sorcerer, who has an Egyptian sorcerer Nabu's soul inside his helmet. With that he has every power imaginable. The one that seems to be used the most is his ability to know the fates of those around him. 

Edited by Sakura12

Yeah it not being Booster Gold has already been confirmed 

http://tvline.com/2016/03/31/legends-of-tomorrow-season-2-patrick-j-adams-mystery-hero/#tvline-comments-699324

Around the internet the talk is (like here) Doctor Fate and Alan Scott as another top name I see being mentioned. With Ted Knight being another thrown out there. I don't know enough about any of these character to guess. Doctor Fate looks interesting going by the cartoon.

Edited by tarotx

Fate would definitely make the show interesting next season.  Interesting side note - on Young Justice, Dr. Fate is Zatanna's father.  Just tossing that out there cause you know - Zatanna might be cool to have around.

Well Fate is Zatanna's father on Young Justice because Nabu possessed Zatara, Zatanna's father. I don't know if that happened in the comics though, or if that was just for YJ.

I'm sorry, but while I think Fate might be an interesting idea for the show, I'm not thrilled about the idea of him being played by Patrick Adams. So I kind of hope it's not Fate.

(Sorry. I'm just not over my irrational dislike of Patrick Adams.)

Edited by Starfish35