Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

(edited)

Matt's Inside Line: Chicago Fire Scoop, Plus Handmaid's Tale, Legends, NCIS, Flash, Debris, WCTH, Mayans and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 5 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/05/05/chicago-fire-season-9-finale-spoilers-ncis-katrina-law/

What can you tease about this season’s Big Bad on Legends of Tomorrow? –Derrick
For one, “[Co-showrunner] Grainne Godfree wanted a villain who danced. So we came up with a villain who’s not afraid to cut a little rug and even sings on occasion. But for sure, he’s our grooviest villain yet,” co-showrunner Phil Klemmer tells TVLine. But lest you think he’s all about fun musical interludes, Klemmer says that that this baddie has an agenda that’s similar to Marvel’s Thanos, in that when it comes to Earth’s population, as insane as that sounds, you can be like, ‘Yeah, we probably do have too many people.’ He’s intellectually driven to do something that on paper makes sense, but in practice is plain psychotic. He’s trying to save the world, to save humanity, but he’s doing it in a really ass-backwards way.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Legends Of Tomorrow - Episode 6.04 - Bay Of Squids - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at May 06, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-604-bay-of.html

"Bay of Squids" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

FOLLOWING ORDERS - The Legends are shocked when Rory (Dominc Purcell) takes command and manages to find the location of an important Alien, but he also lands them in the middle of the Cuban Missile Crisis. Ava (Jes Macallan) is eager to question the Alien, but they must steal it back from the Cubans and Russians who think it is bio-warfare sent by the Americans. The team makes the decision to split up, leaving Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe) to work together to stop a nuclear disaster alongside JFK while Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) tries to leverage his newfound friendship to stop Castro from starting a war. Meanwhile, with Spooner's (Lisseth Chavez) help, Rory makes an unlikely deal that could lead him on a solo mission to find Sara (Caity Lotz). Adam Tsekham, Olivia Swann and Matt Ryan also star. Sudz Sutherland directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer (604). Original airdate 5/23/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Legends Boss on Dominic Purcell's Exit: 'Everybody Needs a Break'

Asked about where things stand with the actor and the future of his character Mick Rory, Klemmer tells TVLine with a laugh, “I think [Dominic] summed it up pretty well — not with his first post, but with his later posts.”

“I think everybody just needs a break from the show, myself included,” Klemmer continues, “and even when people leave the Waverider, there’s always a seat open for people to come back. I’m looking forward to having him on the show next season.”

As for this current season, Captain Sara Lance’s abduction by aliens and subsequent absence on the Waverider will hit her fellow OG team member particularly hard. As the two remaining Legends from Rip Hunter’s original crew, Mick “really relied on the stability that Sara provided in his life,” Klemmer says. So with the blonde very, very far away, “he kind of reverts to the old Mick, who’s obviously a powder keg.”

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
(edited)

Will Diggle Become a Green Lantern? David Ramsey Previews His Arrowverse Return, First Look at 'Mystery Role'
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 17 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/05/17/arrow-diggle-green-lantern-journey-david-ramsey-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

TVLINE | Some Arrowverse fans may be assuming that your Legends mystery role is the one to watch for as far as any “green” matters, but from what I’ve heard it’s your other guest appearances that really tell that story.
[DAVID RAMSEY:] That’s true. There was some press that was out there that I’m playing a mystery character on Legends, and from that kind of wording there was an assumption that because obviously Legends has a time ship, and they go through time and space, fans connected that to the Green Lantern Corps…. Also, the last time you saw Diggle, he was on his way to Metropolis and was intercepted by a glowing, green box, so it was a logical step in assuming that…. But on Legends, there’s a different character all together. It’s a historic character, a historical Western character (see exclusive photo above).

To your other point, which is exploring what has happened to Diggle since encountering that green box, that will be explored in the other episodes – on Batwoman, Flash, Superman & Lois, and Supergirl. Whatever was in the box, he refused the invitation of. Let’s put it like that. But there are consequences to that.

We’ve gone to great lengths over the years to make Diggle one of the more grounded characters. Any time he would go fast with Flash, he would throw up, and he was always amazed when he saw someone flying. All these things were kind of otherworldly to him, because he was a very earthbound hero. And after Crisis, he got back his wife, who was abducted by the Monitor, and he got back his daughter Sara, who was taken out of existence by Flashpoint. So part of Diggle’s story is that the last thing he would want to do right now is receive an invitation from something otherworldly, because he finally has his family back, and he lost his best friend to some otherworldliness. So he refused the invitation of whatever was in the box, but there are consequences to that, and that story, what he will do next, is part of what we tell throughout these four episodes.

Pic of DR in LoT's "Stressed Western" episode:
legends-6x08-david-ramsey.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

About tomorrow night's episode (604) and other upcoming episodes this season...

Legends of Tomorrow star Nick Zano teases a Nate-Zari 2.0 team-up, season 6's 'best episode'
By Chancellor Agard   May 21, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-nick-zano-season-6-episode-4-preview/ 

Get ready for (now) classic Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari 2.0 (Tala Ashe) mess-around in this Sunday's DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

After Mick Rory (Dominic Purcell) takes command on a mission in 1962, the team finds themselves caught in the middle of the Cuban Missile Crisis, and their presence only aggravates an already tense global situation. To stop the outbreak of World War III, they split up: Ava (Jes Macallan), Mick, Spooner (Lisseth Chavez), and Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) handle things in Cuba, while Nate and Zari go undercover in President John F. Kennedy's White House. Of course, teaming up with Zari brings up some of Nate's unresolved feelings for Zari 1.0.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Before diving into this episode, let's talk about Nate in general. After suffering so much loss, how is he holding up this season emotionally?
NICK ZANO:
We started off in a dark place with David Bowie, and then we transitioned out. It's weird because in talking about it, I realized that through Nate's love, loss, love, loss journey of these past six seasons, out of those experiences comes an emotional caretaker this season. Someone who's aware of what people are feeling because he's felt them. [It's] great for someone who's been through so much to share that support to somebody going through a lot of emotional stuff. And that's where Nate is as of season 6.
What can you preview about Nate and Zari 2.0's team-up in this week's episode?
Well, it's always fun to work with Tala. She's a pro, and it's a ton of fun. I did not know Tala was doing a Southern accent until we started rolling. And I think during the first take, you can actually see me react to her choosing to do a southern accent during the episode. So I think they used the one where I hear her do it for the first time. And that's a real reaction.

What leads to their team up?
One, Nate's a huge, obviously JFK buff, and two, Zari 2.0 was obsessed with Jackie O and her style. So it was the most organic pair-up. I was like, "I'm going with you because I'm not missing it." And then a new team arises from the passions of the Legends.

How does Nate handle working so closely with Zari 2.0 given that he just lost Zari 1.0?
Well, we address that early in this episode and deal with it, which was nice because that's the elephant in the room. And through the season, we see a relationship dynamic that's new, and that's fresh for both myself and Tala. And it's actually a lot of fun. As much as I love 1.0, I find 2.0 hilarious. So there's 2.0 choices that get made that crack me up.
Is there a moment that stands out from this season?
Oh, dude, we have an episode, a murder mystery episode, essentially a Clue episode. And that man [Adam Tsekhman] made a choice at the beginning of the episode where I wasn't even in the scene anymore. I was watching him. I was like, "What is happening right now?" He cracks me up. He's got the cheat code to my belly laugh.

On top of that Clue episode, we also have the Caity Lotz's animation episode coming up. Which episode are you most looking forward to people checking out?
Well, we had a Western episode this season, which David Ramsey directed. And when you read certain scripts in certain episodes of the season, and you're like, "Oh, this is going to be a big episode." This Western was, I think, by far our biggest episode of the season. And it took a lot of work, a lot of manpower, a lot of plowing through when the elements weren't on our side. And I got to see a rough cut of it. And I was like, "Well, hot damn, this is a fantastic episode. I can't wait for people to see it." Because while we're making it, it was so difficult. And when I saw it cut, I was like, "This may be one of our best episodes of the season."

It feels like you haven't gotten too many opportunities to work with David Ramsey before. What was it like collaborating with him as both an actor and director?
First thing I said to Ramsey on the first day was, "Ramsey, this is SNL by comparison to Arrow." I was like, "Enjoy the ride and have fun." And Ramsey was great. He put out a really fantastic episode. I know for him, this thing represented a ton of challenges that he persevered through and out of it came a really phenomenal episode of our show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

605 synopsis (this episode was directed by Caity Lotz)...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Satanist's Apprentice Synopsis Released
By RUSS BURLINGAME - May 22, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-the-satanists-apprentice-synopsis-releas/ 

The CW has released the official synopsis for "The Satanist's Apprentice," the June 6 episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Centering on Astra (Olivia Swann), the episode will see her facing down her newfound mortality, while Sara (Caity Lotz) continues trying to find a way back to the Waverider. So far this season, the team has been tackling alien threats one at a time, giving it a "monster of the week" feel in a way that has made for some engaging single episodes but has not yet revealed the endgame for the villains, or given a sense for how it all might come together in the end.
“The Satanist’s Apprentice” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR – With Astra (Olivia Swann) now a mortal, she finds it hard to adapt to the real world with no guidance from Constantine (Matt Ryan). Frustrated and lonely, Astra makes a new friend who promises to help her, but her eagerness for the easy way out could have some real repercussions for those closest to her. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) meets the person responsible for her kidnapping and tries to convince others to help her escape. Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Adam Tsekham, Lisseth Chavez and Shayan Sobhian also star. Caity Lotz directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ray Utarnachitt.

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.05 - The Satanist's Apprentice - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at May 22, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/05/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-605.html 

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR – With Astra (Olivia Swann) now a mortal, she finds it hard to adapt to the real world with no guidance from Constantine (Matt Ryan). Frustrated and lonely, Astra makes a new friend who promises to help her, but her eagerness for the easy way out could have some real repercussions for those closest to her. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) meets the person responsible for her kidnapping and tries to convince others to help her escape. Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Adam Tsekham, Lisseth Chavez and Shayan Sobhian also star. Caity Lotz directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Ray Utarnachitt (605). Original airdate 6/6/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ Star Nick Zano Breaks Down That Wild Nuclear Football Game
By Alex Zalben   May 23, 2021
https://decider.com/2021/05/23/legends-of-tomorrow-nick-zano-bay-of-squids-interview/ 

What else, if anything, can you tease about Nate’s arc over the course of the season? Now that he is over Zari, are we going to start seeing him getting another romantic relationship?
No romance, no, which is nice, to be out of the romance for a season. You may get a visit from some people in the past this season, emotional visits from the past. We’ve got a good one, where there’s an alternate version of Nate from an alternate reality, which was a ton of fun to play.

Legends of Tomorrow: Nick Zano Breaks Down Nate's Past, Present & Future
BY MEAGAN DAMORE     MAY 23, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-season-6-nick-zano-nate-interview/ 

Can you tease one moment or scene from Season 6 that you just cannot wait for fans to see?
Oh, yeah! There's an alternate reality Nate that comes into play. That was as much fun as I could have had doing it for the episode I did it for. But also, there's a great Western episode. You know, we do one Western a year. This Western episode is maybe one of the best of the season, maybe one of the best Westerns of the series.

Arrow star David Ramsey directed that Western episode, didn't he?
Yeah! Rams! That was hilarious. It was just funny, just because it's Ramsey! So he's just hanging out! I'm like, "Rams, This is not Arrow."

A bit of a tonal shift, yes!
Yeah, I go, "Bro, you're directing Saturday Night Live by comparison to Arrow."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Quoted DR's comments about the LoT episode that he directed (and in which he also guest starred)...

Arrowverse's David Ramsey talks Diggle's 'cosmic' destiny and directing Superman & Lois
By Chancellor Agard   May 24, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/arrowverse-david-ramsey-green-lantern-superman-legends/ 

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How did it feel to return to Vancouver to the Arrowverse after a year and a half away?
DAVID RAMSEY:
Well, 2020 disappeared for everyone, and the offer [to return] came from Greg Berlanti in late November 2019. This was supposed to begin in 2020 but didn't start until January 2021. After the two-week quarantine you have to do when you go to Canada on a work permit, I delved right into it, and it felt great. Legends was the first one out the gate. It was great in that as an actor you're seeing [your costars] Caity Lotz, Jes [Macallan], Dominic [Purcell], and all the people you know over at Legends, for example, but I had on a different hat. A week or so before I even saw the actors, I'm prepping as a director for the show. It's a different feeling. You're in the same city, but you're looking at this thing from a different vantage point.

It's funny you mentioned Legends of Tomorrow first because I just spoke with Nick Zano, who said he told you on your first day, "Legends is SNL compared to Arrow." How did you handle working on a show with a lighter, goofier tone?
It's funny because there was a lot of talk about Superman & Lois [being different], and deservedly so. It's the new show. It has a different pacing, a different tone within the Arrowverse. It's also, I think, the most inevitable progression of the Arrowverse shows. [It's] where all of these shows have to go. Ultimately, I think it's at the pinnacle.

But Legends is one of these shows, and I've said this before, that's indulgent. "What do you want to do? What different types of stuff do you as an artist want to bring to the show?" It was really fun. The actors are having a great time. Production's having a great time. You as a director, you're like, "Let's try this!" and everyone supports it. That's not to say they don't support your choices on the other shows — they do. It's just that every show has a tone and you don't do certain things. On Legends? You do 'em.

What were you allowed to do that really surprised you?
A couple things. There was a nice shot where we use Steadicam that's a transition through the floor of the Waverider and then we come up on another deck, and we see the character, which is a singing cowboy. We see him both times as we come up through the floor. You don't really do those types of transitions on Legends. [They said], "Do it."

There's another snap zoom I did, which is just a technical term. I shoot [a character] in the head and then we see, through the hole in their head, the guy that shot them on the other side. And we just snap-zoom between the two. It's shots like that you don't really do on Legends, and they're like, "Fine, let's do it. Let's bring some of that Arrow stuff to it. Just make it fun."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Season 6 Episode 5 | The Satanists Apprentice Promo | The CW
The CW Network   May 24, 2021

DC's Legends of Tomorrow returns Sunday, June 6. Stream next day free only on The CW!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

They look like they’re all posing for a photo shoot in that last pic. 😂   With Ava their fearless leader right in front. 🙄 “Your new and improved Legends, no OG characters allowed.”

Judging by one of the photos from the link @tv echo posted, Sara is back on the Waverider at least by the end of the episode.   So I guess we’ll find out soon what’s going to happen with the Captain’s position; whether Ava will step aside and give it back to Sara, or whether Sara will surrender it to Ava permanently.  Or, I suppose, whether they’re going to try to continue the awkward “co-captains” thing.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

I guess we’ll find out soon what’s going to happen with the Captain’s position; whether Ava will step aside and give it back to Sara, or whether Sara will surrender it to Ava permanently.  Or, I suppose, whether they’re going to try to continue the awkward “co-captains” thing.

I haven't watched any of the season yet and have been waiting to see how the captain thing shakes out before I decide if I want to commit my time to it. If Sara is captain again I'll probably binge and catch up to watch live. If they push Ava to the front and Sara steps back, I'm probably stepping away completely. Which is sad - this was my favorite Arrowverse show for a few years there.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, shantown said:

I haven't watched any of the season yet and have been waiting to see how the captain thing shakes out before I decide if I want to commit my time to it. If Sara is captain again I'll probably binge and catch up to watch live. If they push Ava to the front and Sara steps back, I'm probably stepping away completely. Which is sad - this was my favorite Arrowverse show for a few years there.

Same, mostly.  I did watch the season premiere, but I haven’t watched any of the episodes since.  It hasn’t really been a deliberate choice to stop watching; I just...keep putting it off.  Which isn’t a good sign.   But I’m like you; if Ava continues to be lead even once Sara has returned, I probably won’t bother catching up. 😕

• Love 3
(edited)

606 synopsis...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “Bishop’s Gambit”
Craig Byrne   May 27, 2021
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/05/27/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-bishops-gambit/ 

The CW has released an official description with spoilers for the June 13 episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow which is called “Bishop’s Gambit.” Here’s the write-up; hopefully we’ll have some photos soon.

SECRETS – Mick (Dominc Purcell) takes the Waverider and Kayla (guest star Aliyah O’Brien) to try and find Sara (Caity Lotz), but these enemies find themselves needing each other to survive after landing on the possible planet Sara is being held captive. After a report of an Alien attack, the Legends return to their new headquarters, Constantine’s (Matt Ryan) manor, where both Spooner (Lisseth Cahvez) and Astra (Olivia Swann) try to connect to the Alien. Zari is (Tala Ashe) suspicious of Constantine’s behavior, but isn’t surprised when she learns the truth. Meanwhile, Sara devises a plan to escape by using her charm to win over Bishop (guest star Raffi Barsoumian), but she learns something more disturbing. Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Adam Tsekham, Matt Ryan and Shayan Sobhian also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by James Eagan & Emily Cheever (606).  Original airdate 6/13/2021. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Judging by one of the photos from the link @tv echo posted, Sara is back on the Waverider at least by the end of the episode.

She's still missing in next episode. The guy that abducted her, has an office that looks like the waverider. Showing once again how little thought or care they are putting in this Sara "storyline". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

CL directed this Sunday's episode, 6x05 (The Satanist's Apprentice)...

Legends of Tomorrow star Caity Lotz on directing a semi-animated Astra-centric hour
By Chancellor Agard  June 03, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-caity-lotz-animated-episode/ 

Balancing the tones of both plots was "difficult" because "they didn't go together," Lotz tells EW. "They were kind of their own thing, and both of those storylines were pretty full and dynamic and had their very own loud personality. I'd say that was a challenge, making sure those storylines [fit] together so it still felt like you were watching the same show, which is hard when you have space aliens and then Disney princess animation and normal life."
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was your reaction when you read the script for the first time?
CAITY LOTZ:
I was like, "How the hell are we going to do this?" [Laughs] I had no experience in animation whatsoever. Actually, I reached [out] to a few TV directors and I'm like, "Hey, uh, do you know how this works? How do I even prep for this?" I couldn't find one person who was like, "Yeah, this is how it goes." As soon as I talked to Tony Cervone, who was the animation director, all of my worries went away. It was such a fun process. And we started [prepping the episode] pretty early because animation takes a lot of time.

How much directing on your end goes into an animation sequence like this?
At first, I was like, "Do I have to tell them every single shot [I want] and exactly what to do with this and that?" But Tony's got years and years of experience and they know what they were doing. Basically, I get to do the fun part of broad strokes things where I'm like, "Oh, I'd really like in this moment for Astra to be turned into animation, but the house is still in live-action. I'd like to have a moment of that to see it coming down," and just the bigger ideas of things I'd want to see. In the same [way], Olivia and I talked a lot about what the princess would look like. She really wanted to make sure she had freckles because Olivia's got these great freckles, and making sure her skin tone matched what her actual skin tone looks like. They did so much great stuff and then when they'd send things back — they'd basically do a moving storyboard — and then it's just giving notes on things. "Can we make the coloring more saturated? Like crush the blacks?" The stuff they were coming up with was so cool. Also, I don't even know what they can do. Tony would be like, "We're going to make him giant and bust through the house!" And it's like, "Yes!"

The episode starts out in live-action. How does the animation come into play in the story?
There's this whole theme of Astra [being] a bit helpless in the beginning. She's here on Earth and all the things you would grow up having to learn how to do [she doesn't know]. She's a boss lady, but in Hell, where things are very different. Now she's like, "Wifi? What? A washing machine? I have to buy food from a farmers' market?" She doesn't have any life skills. Adulting. Basically, she needs to learn how to adult. Constantine is not helping her at all. There's this bit of her being a helpless princess. She's wanting John to save her, but no one is coming to save her. She's having to do everything [on her own]. She's trying to learn magic and do it on her own. Crowley essentially casts a spell, and that's how she gets trapped as a Disney princess who can't help but sing. [It's] so fun to see Astra, who is such a strong and prideful character, become this helpless Disney princess. 
This is the first episode where we spend a lot of time with the season's big bad, Bishop. What conversations did you have with Raffi Barsoumian about his performance?
We had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed working with Raffi. He had to walk a really fine line; Bishop is over the top. Raffi is such a likable person, so it's [about] getting all of that quirkiness but still having him seem a bit scary and unpredictable. That whole projection scene was really fun because we basically staged it like he was doing a stage-play, and we had the actual projector so we could get all of the projections on him. Originally, that was supposed to be CGI, and we were going to do it in post, but I really love the projection mapping and the way you're able to interact with the light when we do it practically. Raffi even came in on days off to rehearse in the space so we could line it up. It took a lot of testing to figure out the right brightness for the camera. It was fun. He really just brings so much life to that character.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

More about tonight's episode (6x05-The Satanist's Apprentice)...

Caity Lotz on Directing 'Legends of Tomorrow' Animated Segment, the Beebo Christmas Special, and More
BY CHRISTINA RADISH    JUNE 5, 2021
https://collider.com/caity-lotz-interview-legends-of-tomorrow-animated-segment/ 

During this 1-on-1 phone interview with Collider, Lotz talked about taking on such a fun episode, tackling an animated segment, the challenges of having to direct while strapped to a bed, how everything Sara thought she knew is going to be questioned this season, what makes Bishop (Raffi Barsoumian) such an interesting villain, that Beebo Christmas special, and what it’s been like to have an ever-changing cast.
What went through your head when you first read the script? Did you immediately wonder how you were going to do it, or did you immediately see exactly how you were going to do it?
LOTZ:
I was definitely like, “What are we gonna do with animation? I have no idea. I have no experience with this.” I actually reached out to a few TV directors and was like, “How does this work?” And everyone was like, “I don’t know. I’ve never had to do that.” But we had such an amazing team over at Warner Bros. Animation. It was so fun collaborating with them because they really know what they’re doing. It was just a matter of sharing visions and watching them come up with some crazy stuff that I never even would’ve thought of. It was so much fun.

What most surprised you about directing animation, and what do you think would most surprise people watching it that just have no idea what it takes to do?
LOTZ:
Animation is expensive. It was a really cool process. It took a long time, so we actually had to start prep early. Before we were even in prep for this episode, we already had to have all of this figured out. It was so fun because you get to design the look of the characters and the animators were just amazing. In talking with Olivia [Swann], there was a lot of stuff we wanted to make sure was there, like her freckles. Olivia has these really cute freckles, so we wanted to make sure that her character had the freckles. And we wanted to make sure to get the skin tone. There were all of elements of the outfit and the coloring. There’s so much that goes into it. I was so excited that we did this in an old school animation style. Those were the Disney movies that I grew up with, so those are my favorite. I’ve always loved things like Space Jam, where they mixed animation and live-action. We got one moment of that, in the beginning. As soon as she gets hit and turns into the animated character, you see her within the real world still for a second. That was really fun.

I would never have expected animated Disney princess Astra, and yet it somehow works.
LOTZ:
It somehow totally works, yeah. All of our animated characters are so fun.

There are also moments in this episode where you have to do scenes from a bed that you’re chained to. When you’re used to being so physical on this show, is it challenging to do that, or is it relaxing to do scenes from a bed?
LOTZ:
If I wasn’t directing, it would have been great. I would have just stayed there in between takes and been like, “Let me know when we’re rolling. I’m just gonna take a nap.” But it actually was more difficult than I had anticipated, acting and directing. I learned a lot, and even Jes [Macallan] said that she learned a lot of what not to do, or what she needs to do, to make it easier to act and direct at the same time. The last episode that I did, I was barely in it. I was only in like one scene. With this, I had a couple of days. It was very difficult, being chained to a bed, and then trying to get unhooked, so that I could watch the monitors and see what the shot is. It was really hard.
What’s it like for Sara to be in a place where she doesn’t really know what’s going on or why, and how is that going to continue to really throw her off this season?
LOTZ:
She gets thrown for a loop this season. There’s some big stuff that happens to Sara that is a giant mind F. That’s gonna keep going. It’s hard for her because Sara also doesn’t have her team to rely on. She’s on her own again. She doesn’t have Ava. Everything she thought she knew is gonna be questioned.
I think that Bishop is such an interesting antagonist because he’s not making Sara a victim, but he’s forcing her to turn into a partner, which is an interesting twist to that whole dynamic. What do you think makes him a great Legends villain and why do you think he’s a good foil for Sara?
LOTZ:
He’s such a Legends villain. Raffi [Barsoumian], who plays him, did such a great job with him. He’s such an interesting villain. It’s over the top in the campy way that Legends is. That’s what makes the show so fun. And yet, it’s not mustache twirly at all. It’s perfectly over the top in a very uniquely Legends way, and I think Raffi does a great job with dancing on that line.

You’ve referred to Beebo as the star of Legends. How do you feel about his Christmas special?
LOTZ:
Screw that guy! It’s funny, one of my friends texted me, “I heard you guys got a Christmas special, but you’re not in it.” We’re all really happy for Beebo. He won’t even come onto our show anymore. He’s too good. I don’t even think he makes an appearance this season.
Looking back on the first season of the show, the cast looks a lot different now than it did in the beginning. The show was set up and built that way, but Brandon Routh has left and Dominic Purcell has said that he’s leaving. What has that been like? Do you feel there are advantages to things being switched up so much, throughout the run of the show, or is it strange to not see the same people you’re used to seeing?
LOTZ:
It’s all of those things. Nick [Zano] and Tala [Ashe] have been around for so long now too. They came on in Season 2. They weren’t there for Season 1, but it still feels like they’ve been around for a long time. It’s nice to have new energy come onto the show. It brings a nice, fresh dynamic. I don’t think they change it up too much, where you’re like, “Wait, what is the show? Who are these people?” It still always feels like Legends. But of course, I also miss everybody. You get really close, and then they’re gone. Sometimes I’m like, “I’ve been here for 75 years, and I’m still here.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

6x07 synopsis...

Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “Back to the Finale: Part II”
Craig Byrne   June 8, 2021
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/06/08/legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-back-to-the-finale-part-ii/

BACK IN TIME – With Ava (Jes Macallan) a wreck, Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) the Legends make a last-ditch effort to keep Sara (Caity Lotz) from being abducted in the first place, even knowing that it will alter the timeline. Sara grapples with what she has just discovered about herself but is also shocked when Rory (Dominic Purcell) finds her on the mystery planet. With no time to spare, Sara, Mick and Gary (Adam Tsekhman) devise a plan to help defeat Bishop (guest star Raffi Barsoumian). Meanwhile, Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) envisions what her life would be like if she hadn’t joined the Legends. Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan and Olivia Swann also star. Glen Winter directed the episode written by Morgan Faust & Mark Bruner (607).  Original airdate 6/20/2021. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:55 PM, tv echo said:

Sara grapples with what she has just discovered about herself

I hope the writers don't think it's cute to make Sara and Ava complete equals by making Sara a clone too. But I can see Bishop replacing Sara with a clone after the real Sara died after looking at Atropos's true form. We still have no explanation of how she survived. Plus he kept asking Sara who he was to her. I'm not sure if he meant her savior after giving her the antidote, or her maker like he is to the ava clones. That's Bishop's redundancy plan, and why Sara cannot be killed, because he'll just replace her.

(edited)

David Ramsey directed this episode...

Legends Of Tomorrow - Episode 6.08 - Stressed Western - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at June 10, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/06/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-608.html 

"Stressed Western" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

KEEPING CALM - With everyone finally back together, the Legends find themselves looking to Nate (Nick Zano) to keep everything calm while in the old West on a mission to find an alien. After trying to keep things normal, Sara (Caity Lotz) reveals her secret to Ava (Jes Macallan) and the team, leaving them all shocked. Constantine (Matt Ryan) looks to Gary (Adam Tsekham) who might have answers the answer help to his problem. Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) and Astra (Olivia Swann) are forced to work together despite their clashing personalities which ultimately helps push them to hone their powers. Meanwhile, Zari (Tala Ashe) takes an unusual interest in Behrad's (Shayan Sobhian) personal life. Dominic Purcell also stars. David Ramsey directed the episode written by Matthew Maala (608). Original airdate 6/27/2021.

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, lurker22 said:

I hope the writers don't think it's cute to make Sara and Ava complete equals by making Sara a clone too. But I can see Bishop replacing Sara with a clone after the real Sara died after looking at Atropos's true form. We still have no explanation of how she survived. Plus he kept asking Sara who he was to her. I'm not sure if he meant her savior after giving her the antidote, or her maker like he is to the ava clones. That's Bishop's redundancy plan, and why Sara cannot be killed, because he'll just replace her.

That really would be the end of the show for me if they did that.  🤯

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

That really would be the end of the show for me if they did that.  🤯

Yeah, I like that Sara Lance is unique. We haven't even seen a doppelganger of her. I hope there aren't thousands of copies of Sara Lances out there.

• Love 1
(edited)

You know, there is one way I would accept this.  (Said somewhat tongue-in-cheek since there’s no way they’ll actually do it.)  If Ava and clone!Sara go off together at the end of the season to have their HEA, and leave Original!Sara to be Captain of the Waverider.  

Unfortunately they’re too in love with Ava to ever really do that, but seriously, if they reveal that Original!Sara is dead, then, well, so is this show.  To me.  I haven’t been a fan of Sara Lance all these years for them just to do that to her. 🤬

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
On 6/11/2021 at 8:07 AM, lurker22 said:

They wouldn't even be equals if the writers do this, because they keep telling us Ava is so special and unlike all the others, and Sara would be easily replaced by a clone with her memories.

I would be pissed off if the real Sara is killed off but at the same time at least she'd be away from Ava and be able to hang out again with a number of people who actually love and respect her like Oliver and Stein.

I think it's more likely Bishop merged himself with Sara somehow, though. We'll find out soon enough either way.

Whatever he did is a clear violation, so it's honestly disturbing to me that Phil Klemmer has sold that, "He didn't kidnap her to victimize her" line, even to the press. Christina Radish parroted it in that Collider interview with Caity posted above and I think it speaks to how checked out Caity is that she didn't even challenge that framing of the situation. Same with PK saying there's no reason to be concerned for Sara because she'll be back with Ava soon. Sara's being put through trauma after trauma, and it's clearly going to continue once she's back with the team, and the writers seem to think her only problem is not being with Ava.

I can't imagine them downplaying it if it were Ava going through any of this. They villified the hell out of Rip just for using Avas and compared him to a demon. But Sara's captor and tormenter who's done God know what to her now Totally Isn't Victimizing Her?

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Screamnastics said:

Whatever he did is a clear violation, so it's honestly disturbing to me that Phil Klemmer has sold that, "He didn't kidnap her to victimize her" line, even to the press. Christina Radish parroted it in that Collider interview with Caity posted above and I think it speaks to how checked out Caity is that she didn't even challenge that framing of the situation. Same with PK saying there's no reason to be concerned for Sara because she'll be back with Ava soon. Sara's being put through trauma after trauma, and it's clearly going to continue once she's back with the team, and the writers seem to think her only problem is not being with Ava.

I noticed that Caity has been toeing the company line this season. Other than her interviews about directing the episode, she's been talking up Avalance a lot more than past years.

PK talking about Ava all the time even when asked just about Sara is nothing new. That's all he cares about.

Unfortunately the writers are so predictable that they really killed Sara and replaced her with a clone. They're probably going to promote the Avalance wedding as the wedding of the clones, and have a bunch of the Ava clones there.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

I noticed that Caity has been toeing the company line this season. Other than her interviews about directing the episode, she's been talking up Avalance a lot more than past years.

PK talking about Ava all the time even when asked just about Sara is nothing new. That's all he cares about.

Unfortunately the writers are so predictable that they really killed Sara and replaced her with a clone. They're probably going to promote the Avalance wedding as the wedding of the clones, and have a bunch of the Ava clones there.

So help me, if they have Zari sing "Send in the Clones" at the wedding reception... .

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

I noticed that Caity has been toeing the company line this season. Other than her interviews about directing the episode, she's been talking up Avalance a lot more than past years

She's probably accepted the fact that her storyline is only going to be about Avalance. She wants directing experience and they are giving that to her. That's what she cares about now. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

She's probably accepted the fact that her storyline is only going to be about Avalance. She wants directing experience and they are giving that to her. That's what she cares about now. 

Yeah, she probably knows now that the writers are unlikely to give her anything that belongs to Sara alone. Especially after the disappointment last season when she thought she was going to get a superpower, but it turned out to be nothing and was only used to push Ava into the Captain's role.

I can't blame Caity for accepting the inevitable at this point. I personally would have preferred they write her out than end up with this mess but a girl has to eat. 

Sara Lance will always be one of my favorite characters though. 

image.thumb.png.45402bd8727af9473308341e75d47ed2.png

• Love 1

From the summary of the Western episode it doesn't look like the clone thing is going to be reversed in the next episode. 

If this clone thing is never reversed then I'm going with Original Sara disappeared in the S2 finale and Bishop replaced her with a clone in S3. That way I can imagine my Sara is still out there somewhere and clone Sara is the one stuck with Ava. 

Because no matter what they say a clone is a copy and not the same person. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

From the summary of the Western episode it doesn't look like the clone thing is going to be reversed in the next episode. 

If this clone thing is never reversed then I'm going with Original Sara disappeared in the S2 finale and Bishop replaced her with a clone in S3. That way I can imagine my Sara is still out there somewhere and clone Sara is the one stuck with Ava. 

Because no matter what they say a clone is a copy and not the same person. 

It's already been my headcanon for years that the Sara that disappeared in the S2 finale is the real Sara and she's been having adventures through time off-screen while the one from the new timeline is just a hollow copy.

On a different note, I really hope Behrad and company want to save Sara because they want her back and not just so Ava can stop melting down.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Screamnastics said:

On a different note, I really hope Behrad and company want to save Sara because they want her back and not just so Ava can stop melting down.

I've felt all season that the Legends, especially Zari, only want to save Sara for Ava. Only Mick wants to save Sara for Sara.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

I've felt all season that the Legends, especially Zari, only want to save Sara for Ava. Only Mick wants to save Sara for Sara.

That's because none of the new team knows Sara that well. Only Ava was allowed to bond with them, while Sara is glued to Ava and not able to talk to or about anyone but Ava.

Sara is pretty much the guest starring love interest. 

• Love 1

Nate and Constantine know Sara, and should care about finding her.   But yeah, Zari 2.0 never really got to know her, nor did Astra, and Spooner’s never even met her.   I don’t know about Behrad.  He replaced Zari 1.0 in the timeline, so theoretically he should be Sara’s friend too, but we never really saw much of that.

• Love 1

I don't think John's allowed to talk to Sara that much because of Ava's jealousy. And Nate knows Sara but they were never that close. 

I'm just glad that they allow the other OG character they treat like crap to miss Sara and remember they are friends. Its the only thing we have that has only a little to do with Ava. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Promo for 6x08 (Stressed Western)...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Season 6 Episode 8 | Stressed Western Promo | The CW
The CW Network   Jun 21, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

14 promo pics for 6x08 (Stressed Western) have been released, including the ones below - David Ramsey directed and guest stars as Bass Reeves, who was "the first Black Deputy U.S. Marshal west of the Mississippi River"...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/06/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-608.html 
or
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/06/21/legends-of-tomorrow-stressed-western-photos-with-david-ramsey/
or
https://www.tvinsider.com/gallery/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-episode-8-david-ramsey-bass-reeves/

legends-of-tomorrow-608-bass-reeves-1420

legends-of-tomorrow-608-team-1014x570.jp

legends-of-tomorrow-608-bass-sara-570x55

legends-of-tomorrow-608-constantine-zari

legends-of-tomorrow-608-ava-zari-1014x57

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow: Yep, 90210's AnnaLynne McCord Is in Next Episode
By Matt Webb Mitovich / June 21 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/06/21/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-episode-8-annalynne-mccord-cast/ 

This week in Freeze-Frame Casting News: TVLine can confirm that 90210 grad AnnaLynne McCord indeed appears in the promo for the next episode of The CW’s Legends of Tomorrow.

In the episode “Stressed Western,” airing Sunday, June 27, McCord — who, Google just told me, has been known to date Legends star Dominic Purcell — guest-stars as a character named Irma Rose. Charming and alluring, Irma Rose catches the eye of many a cowboy, including Behrad, but as we’ll find out, she also harbors some dark secrets…

legends-of-tomorrow-6x08-annalynne-mccor

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Apparently 6x08 (Stressed Western) includes a musical number...

David Ramsey on Directing Legends, Bass Reeves & John Diggle’s Destiny
Craig Byrne   June 25, 2021
http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/david-ramsey-on-directing-legends-bass-reeves-john-diggles-destiny/217090/ 

KSITETV’s CRAIG BYRNE: What made shooting Legends different from the other shows that you’ve helmed, and which of the shows did you direct first?
DAVID RAMSEY:
Legends went to first out of the gate, and then Superman & Lois, and then Supergirl. So there were three episodes of television directed, five episodes within the Arrowverse that John Diggle or at least David Ramsey appeared in, because he was not John Diggle in Legends.

It was awesome. How was it filming Legends? Legends is different, man, as you know. The niche audience that Legends has found, they know it, and they buy into it every week. That’s why it’s been renewed again for another season. It’s just these wacky guys on a time ship, and every week is different. You’re in Rome, you’re in a period piece in England, you’re in a soap opera, you’re in a 70’s show. In my case, you’re in the Old West. Every week, you get to do something crazy. And to the showrunners’ great credit, they allow the directors to kind of come in with their own ideas, and as long as it’s enhancing the storytelling of the show, as long it enhances the relationships, which I think is the biggest strength of all the Arrowverse shows including Legends. It’s a green light. As opposed to other shows which can be like, “hey, we don’t do this. We do that,” Legends is like, “Yeah! Does it enhance the story? Great! Do it!” That’s just a lot of fun, particularly for episodic directors who really just kind of come in and give the show, whatever show it is, to the producers. In Legends’ case, you’re doing that, but the borders are “how does it enhance the story of our characters?” Not so much of the technical aspects of it. It’s really about the characters.

When you heard that you’d be playing a different character from Diggle on Legends, did you kind of expect it to be Green Lantern like the fans did? 
Yes. I’ll say this: There were some very specific plans. I won’t go into what those plans were, but the plans when the appearance of John Diggle were pitched to me in 2019, they were different than what we’re seeing now. But then 2020 happened, and there are logistical challenges, and as you know, there was no big crossover. A lot of things changes in terms of the storytelling, and in terms of how John Diggle fit within that story, in a larger sense. So what came out of that was talking about the consequences of John Diggle refusing whatever was in that box; to start there.

Ultimately, John Diggle’s destiny is to be part of the fraternity he’s always been skeptical about; this otherworldly fraternity. He’s always been skeptical. Look: John Diggle is an army serviceman. He’s done three years of Afghanistan. People who can run faster than lightning and move faster than light, that’s not of his wheelhouse. We’ve gone to great strides got to tell that story with John every time he runs with the Flash, he throws up. He had a particular reaction to Supergirl when he saw her fly. He lost his best friend to the Spectre. He lost his daughter to Flashpoint with Barry Allen, and then he got his daughter back. So the last thing he wants to do right now is to be part of some intergalactic fraternity.

But ultimately, John Diggle’s destiny is bigger than being Earthbound. So to kind of deny that right now is, is what we’re telling. So I’m being very long winded. We’re trying to skirt something and tell you on the things. But at the end of the day, this story that we’re telling across these five episodes of John Diggle, or four episodes outside of Legends, is about the consequences of denying whatever was in that box.

To speak about the character you are playing in Legends, how familiar were you with the real Bass Reeves?
Not as much as I probably should have been. I knew about Sheriff Bass Reeves, and I saw a documentary on him. I saw him like everyone else being portrayed on The Watchmen. I didn’t do much research on him, but I did once I was told I was playing him. My expectation when I was told that I would appear on Legends, was that he would be at least some version of John Diggle. But we’re going to say that some place in John Diggle’s lineage, Sheriff Bass Reeves was there. I just think that really fits into the irreverent tone of Legends. I think that’s a lot of fun.

What I hope is that somebody Googles him and says “hey, I’m a little more educated about Bass Reeves!” I think that’s great. I think that’s one of the better things that television can do, is educate and entertain. That’s my hope.

Is this the first time that you’ve directed a musical number?
[Laughs]. Yes. It is. And it was so much fun.

This episode had some challenges. Story wise, it was the first time we saw Sara really come back again after her abduction, and we find out she’s a human alien hybrid clone, so that’s a piece of it, right in the storytelling. Logistically, there were so many people on set, during COVID, practicing social distancing, putting on masks. Warner Bros. had their COVID personnel there on set making sure things are done the way they should be done. So we were kind of met with some very specific challenges, along with panting and breathing hard during dance and singing numbers. So it had its own unique challenges, but how much fun I had. And again, that’s the stuff you could do on Legends that you can’t do on Superman & Lois or The Flash. It’s just great fun, notwithstanding the COVID challenges.
If the producers of the Green Lantern show asked you to come in as John Stewart, would you want to do it?
That’s another good question. I would I would say that, like everything, it’s always about story. Always.

The short answer to that is that Greg Berlanti’s track record speaks for itself, so any time he calls, you listen. So I have no doubt that if I was asked to step into the John Stewart mythos that it would be something that’s incredibly layered and incredibly well thought out. So the answer would be yes. I took a long time to say that, but the answer would be yes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

6x09 synopsis...

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.09 - This is Gus - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at June 26, 202
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/06/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-609-this-is.html 

This is Gus (All New!, HD, TV-PG, DL )

TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED – Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) is disappointed because the Legends have forgotten his birthday, so when they track an alien pod to 2024 and wind up at his favorite television sitcom, he thinks it’s really a surprise for him. Feeling guilty, Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe) occupy Behrad by keeping up the ruse by attending a taping of the show while Ava (Jes Macallan), Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) and Astra (Olivia Swann) try to find the Alien to get the timeline back on track, which proves challenging. Meanwhile, Rory’s (Dominic Purcell) behavior has been a little off, so Sara (Caity Lotz) and Gary (Adam Tsekham) become determined to find out what happened, but Rory gets some unexpected news from his daughter, Lita (guest star (Mina Sundwall.) Matt Ryan also stars. Eric Dean Seaton directed the episode written by Tyrone B. Carter (609). Original airdate 7/11/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

While I'm disappointed that Sara did not remember Behrad's birthday (they were supposed to be close), I'm glad she at least got to interact with Mick (I'm gonna ignore Gary there).

Looks like this is the episode where Lita became pregnant.