Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

I'm curious as to who's going to officiate at their wedding. Sara officiated at Ray and Nora's wedding because she is the Captain of the Waverider. But who officiates when the Captain herself gets married?

Didn't they show Nate officiating in the comic con trailer?

2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Didn't they show Nate officiating in the comic con trailer?

Yeah. Easy to hand-wave. “I didn’t even need to research. Cisco e-mailed me the website!” I’m curious about what same-sex couples do in terms of bachelor/ette parties. It’ll be hard to top Ray and Nora’s last night as singles.

While I’m here . . . was there ever a plan to bring in Ryan Choi? He was in COIE, he was given Paragon status, canon suggested he’d get to be the new Atom . . . nothing.

Legends' Matt Ryan Says Goodbye to Constantine: 'There Was Only So Much We Could Do With Him' on the Show
By Vlada Gelman / August 27 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/08/27/legends-of-tomorrow-john-constantine-leaving-matt-ryan-interview/ 

But very soon, Constantine’s time on the series will come to an end: Ryan is set to return next season as a new character, Dr. Gwyn Davies, an eccentric scientist from the early 20th century who might be the team’s only hope, it was announced during Comic-Con @ Home 2021.
TVLINE | This season has been building up to Constantine’s dark turn for a while, and now it’s here, John’s teaming up with Bishop. What can you preview about how that will play out in this Sunday’s penultimate episode [airing at 8/7c]?
[MATT RYAN:] Earlier in the season, we saw John like we’ve never seen him before. He’s fallen in love, he’s getting in touch with his good side, he’s trying to better himself as a person. These are all character traits which are not normally synonymous with John Constantine. I can imagine that that’s been quite frustrating for the audience. It was frustrating for me at the time until I knew where the storyline was going, and then obviously the payoff was John getting back to his old nasty way. Now that John is back in this sphere, you can expect John Constantine s—t to happen. Because he’s killed the empathetic part of himself, the question that I had was, “Does that blind him in a way? Without that bit of empathy, does that affect John’s judgment in any way, in terms of the way he operates with people?” I would say John and Bishop together, they’re both nasty pieces of work, so there’s going to be some trouble.

TVLINE | The big news out of Comic-Con was that you will be playing a new character next season instead of Constantine. Take me back to the conversations that you had with the producers about that transition. What prompted the change?
When it first came about, it just felt like it was right for John to leave Legends. John Constantine is someone who always walks alone, even though in the comics, he becomes the leader of the Justice League Dark and he pops up in various different comics. Ultimately, he’s a loner with his guilt and torment that walks this earth alone. There was only so much that we could ever do with him on Legends. It almost felt like we were on borrowed time at some point, because you don’t want to push a character like this too far into a show and take him away from his roots too much. So it felt right, to be honest with you, that this was the right time for him to leave the show, and for me to move on to something else and find a new challenge as well.

When they offered up the opportunity to come back as a completely different character, the challenges of that [were] so different from the challenges I knew with John. I just couldn’t say no, really. I was so excited about engaging with this show and the style of this show in a way that I couldn’t with John, because there was a part of me that was always trying to keep John in line with the DNA of his character that was originally from the Hellblazer comics… The wonderful thing about me coming back onto this show with Davis is there’s a mystery there, which we don’t quite have with John, because everybody knows him so well. And also, in terms of the style of the show, I wouldn’t want to use the word “shackled” because I didn’t feel shackled by John, I absolutely adore the character, and he taught me so much, but I felt that I had an obligation to him and the fans of the original Hellblazer to at least try, within the context of the show, to be somewhat true [to the comics character].

TVLINE | How far in advance did you know that this was going to be happening? 
Before I started shooting this season. It was last season that we knew it was going to happen. So we had the conversation, and it was like, “Oh, OK.” When the original Constantine show was cancelled, it felt like there was unfinished business. It felt like, “I wish that I could get to play out this character in a way that I didn’t get to do.” Who would have thunk that seven years later, I’d still be playing the character, getting to explore? So I really had the most wonderful journey with him, and I felt like in the context of this show, it was the right time for him to go on his journey and walk his path. And as a fan, which I am — I’ve read almost all the Hellblazers, I think, apart from the last two of the new run, which are effing awesome, by the way — it just felt like it was the right time for him to leave the show. And then they asked me to stay. It’s a different challenge for me as an actor, and that felt organic as well.

TVLINE | As you said, this is a very unique situation, where you got to play this character over several seasons on various shows and various networks. Given your connection and time with the character, what kind of an ending did you want to give him?
The most important thing for me was for him to go out in a way that’s very John Constantine, for him to get back somewhat to his roots… Everybody was so up for that. I thought they did such an amazing job with Episode 13, which felt like I was shooting a movie because of the way we shot it, and the boldness of the writers and the directors and the studio [in] making it so bloody and graphic was really, really great. I feel like the sendoff that they’ve given the character is great, obviously, within the context of the show. I just didn’t want him to have a happy ending. Don’t give John Constantine a happy ending! No, he’s got to f—k it up!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Promo for 6x14 (There Will Be Brood)...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow 6x14 Promo "There Will Be Brood" (HD) Season 6 Episode 14 Promo
TV Promos   Aug 22, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Another MR interview...

‘Legends of Tomorrow’: Matt Ryan Bids Farewell to Constantine, Says Hello to Dr. Gwyn Davies
Damian Holbrook   August 27, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1011093/matt-ryan-legends-of-tomorrow-constantine-leaving-dr-gwyn-davies-preview/ 

Now, how do they start laying the groundwork for John heading for the exit?
[Matt Ryan:]
I don’t know what I can say really about what they’re going to see in the finale. All I can say is that basically, John’s journey has come to an end. So what I would say is… I don’t know how to tease it then. [Laughs] John’s gone. In Episode 13 when he’s fighting himself, there’s something quite cathartic about it in a way of bringing John to this place. And I just thought it was so bloody and brutal and very in that kind of Hellblazer-world of John Constantine [from the comics]. It was nice to have a flavor of that again [but] it’s also a strange thing for me to be leaving the character and for the storylines to be playing out in this way. It was like me almost kind of me giving way to John, releasing John from all the time that I spent with him. This storyline was actually a great way for me to play out those things as well.

In keeping with the character’s roots, it shouldn’t surprise anyone that he would side with Bishop to get his magic back and all of that.
It’s just a wonderful thing to play, getting back to those roots of John and why I loved the role so much when I first started reading those comics. I mean, that’s why all of those Hellblazer fans love him, because of those traits and his personality of courageous and brashness. That it’s covering over all this darkness, and this tormented, this almost dualistic kind of personality… So I’ve lost my track of what my point was, because I’m just, I was just thinking how f**king amazing John Constantine is as a character.

We started off the season with him as a good guy and we’ve never seen John like that before. It almost felt like I was betraying him, like this is too nice. I’ve taken him to a place I didn’t want to take him [originally], but the fact is that it allowed the payoff at the end of the season. The saving grace for me in playing it is knowing where it’s going. And hopefully we’ve caught the audience in those moments and they’ve gone, “Oh, this isn’t John. What are they doing?” Do you know what I mean? Then we pay it off late…especially with Episode 13 in terms of his darkness and him getting back to being John the bastard. [Laughs]
Now, who is Gwyn Davies? What is this guy like?
Ahh yes, Gwyn Davies. I feel that everybody in the U.S. generally pronounces it as “Davies” and I like that, because that’s something that Gwyn would probably be pissed off about. He’d keep on correcting people. It’s pronounced “Davis” not Davies.

Good to know!
Yeah. To be honest with you, look, he’s a bit of a mystery, mate. What’s wonderful about this character is creating him from scratch. Obviously the writers point the way, but there’s things I can discover about this character that I couldn’t with John, because there are no rules with Gwyn. I was always trying to keep John within a certain framework, within the style of the show, whereas Gwyn now has his own beats. And I’m really excited for everyone to kind of see who he is and how, like when John came on to the Legends — how he disrupts the team and what kind of problems or solutions he’s going to bring to the table. But apart from that, I don’t want to say too much. I’d rather say that he’s a mystery and that he’s eccentric. I’d leave it at that, because I’m probably going to get up a poke in the arm. [Laughs]

But when we say “eccentric,” part of that is because he’s from a time period that we’re not used to dealing with, right? So the “science” that he brings with him isn’t exactly the cutting-edge.
Yeah, and the great thing about Legends is you can create characters from any kind of time period or you can also create them from any planets or made-up planets, all of that stuff. The most interesting thing about Gwyn in that way is that the sensibilities he brings from his time period are very different to what these very open, woke time travelers who’ve seen everything. Gwyn’s just been stuck in his world, so that’s an interesting dynamic for me to get into.

John has always [been] the all-knowing, all-seeing, always pull a card out of his back pocket. He’s always got a trick up his sleeve. But [Gwyn] is very much kind of in the mental framework of the time in which he’s in. That’s an interesting thing to explore.

Is he American?
He is not. Doctor Gwyn Davies is Welsh. Hence the name Gwyn Davies. [Laughs]

Ah, yeah. So I was going to say, I was wondering, are we losing the accent? Because this was, like, we need the accent.
I feel like I’ve already really revealed too much about him, but the most wonderful thing about this all is that I’m discovering him now, as we’re shooting and the the audience is going to discover him when they start watching. It’s a whole different character that comes onto the show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Legends of Tomorrow star Matt Ryan opens up about Constantine's 'cathartic' fate
By Chancellor Agard     August 29, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-constantine-death-matt-ryan-interview/ 

While this marks the end of Ryan's run as Constantine on Legends and in the Arrowverse, the actor himself isn't going anywhere. As revealed at San Diego Comic-Con last month, Ryan is returning as a completely different and new character in season 7: Dr. Gwyn Davies, "an eccentric scientist from the early 20th century who may prove to be a pivotal ally for the chaotic time-travelers," according to the character description.
You're already working on season 7. After playing John Constantine for seven years, how has it felt to step into the shoes of a completely different and original new character, and develop something from the ground up?
It's a completely different challenge, isn't it? That's really exciting and it's scary in a wonderful way because you really don't know what it is until you're in the room with the other actors bouncing of them and you can feel those dynamics, and it takes on a life of its own. The work that you do by yourself is as conceptual, but it comes to life in the room, and that's really exciting, and the fact that I can discover things as well as I go along with this character. Like you could do that with John, but I always very conscious of trying to keep John within a certain framework in the Legends style. There were restrictions there because Legends could get pretty amazingly funny and there's some wacky things you could do, and I have done with John, but I was always conscious of keeping him in the right ballpark of trying to stay true to the character's DNA as much as possible. There's more chance for spontaneous things [with Dr. Gwyn Davies] to happen outside of the framework we've constructed, and that's really exciting. I'm not saying it's better than playing John Constantine. John Constantine has been wonderful. The timing of how this thing has happened, it felt like it was time for me to explore something in a different way and this way, so it's worked out perfectly.

Edited by tv echo
16 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

What was Ava saying about her reason for not inviting Barry Allen and Iris West-Allen to her and Sara's wedding because she was afraid they'd have aliens invading and interrupting the ceremony?

5b3a6a107f013fdf085f9078088bd883ed27ae97.gifv

• LOL 4

Inside Line: Scoop on The Rookie, NCIS, New Amsterdam, Fantasy Island, Titans, The Flash, Magnum, Legends and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 31 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/08/31/the-rookie-season-4-spoilers-sergeant-tim-bradford/ 

Any last minute teases for the Legends of Tomorrow finale? –Aaron
Jes Macallan, who plays Ava, told us that she really, really would like to “see the reaction videos to the last five minutes” of Sunday’s season ender. “I want people to just record themselves watching the last five minutes because when I read it, I was like, ‘Wait, what?! What’s happening?!’ You’ve got to have a Season 7 after that. That’s all I’m going to say.”

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 7.01 - The Bullet Blondes - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at September 25, 2021 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/09/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-701-bullet.html

COMFORT ZONE - After defeating the aliens and saving Earth, the Legends find themselves stranded in 1925 Odessa, Texas with a destroyed Waverider. Wanting to help fix things, Astra (Olivia Swann) tries using her powers, which creates unwanted attention from the town and that of the new Director of the Bureau of Investigation, J. Edgar Hoover, and a surprise no one expected. Realizing they need to escape, Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ava (Jes Macallan) create a distraction by going on a crime spree with Hoover hot on their tails. Meanwhile, Zari (Tala Ashe) is finding it hard to get over Constantine, so Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) suggests the only thing he knows that can help. Nick Zano, Adam Tsekham, Lisseth Chavez and Amy Pemberton also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (#701). Original airdate 10/13/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Synopsis for 702...

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “The Need for Speed”
Craig Byrne    Oct 1, 2021
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/10/01/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-the-need-for-speed/ 

A TICKET TO RIDE – While the Legends contemplate how to get to New York City, Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) discovers Hoover has train tickets to DC and Sara (Caity Lotz) and Ava (Jes Macallan) come up with a plan. With the help of Gary (Adam Tsekham), Nate (Nick Zano) will have to impersonate Hoover, but he soon learns it is harder being Hoover than he expected. Since Zari (Tala Ashe) is stuck without the internet, she is forced to take a digital detox and becomes obsessed with figuring out who blew up the Waverider. Meanwhile, Astra (Olivia Swann) and Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) have stayed behind in Texas and are dealing with the aftermath of Astra’s special spell. Amy Pemberton also stars. Alexandra LaRoche directed the episode written by Morgan Faust & Marcelena Campos Mayhorn (#702).  Original airdate 10/20/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Synopsis for 703 ("wvrdr_error_100 not found")...

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 7.03 - wvrdr_error_100 not found - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at October 09, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/10/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-703.html 

LEGENDS OF PAST AND PRESENT IN THE 100th EPISODE - With Astra (Olivia Swann), Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) and a now-human Gideon (Amy Pemberton) trying to save the Legends, Gideon becomes overwhelmed by her new human choices sending her into a catatonic state. Astra and Spooner combine their powers to enter Gideon's mindscape and discover that a virus is trying to erase all of Gideon's memories. Acting fast, they devise a plan to defeat the virus before it's too late. Meanwhile, the Legends are about to go up against a powerful new foe. Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Shayan Sobhian and Adam Tsekham also star. Caity Lotz directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Matthew Maala (#703). Original airdate 10/27/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW CO-SHOWRUNNER ON SEASON 7'S BIG PLAN: ‘THIS IS THEIR ODYSSEY’
Trent Moore    Oct 7, 2021
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/legends-of-tomorrow-co-showrunner-season-7-preview 

SYFY WIRE caught up with Legends of Tomorrow co-showrunner Keto Shimizu ahead of the Season 7 premiere on October 13 to dig into what fans can expect from the weirdest super-team in the DC universe. As Season 6 ended with the Legends trapped in the 1920s after their ship, the Waverider, was destroyed (seemingly by another Waverider), Shimizu said this first arc is literally about what comes next when the time-traveling superheroes are all out of tech and tricks.

“This season is really about the Legends having to find their way home. And it’s, in a way, this is their odyssey. It’s them having to overcome a humongous obstacle — several obstacles — but the biggest one being that they are trapped in a time period that is not their own, and they do not have the tools that they normally have to achieve their goal,” she explained. So, you know, there’s the complication of the messes that they leave in their wake — because they’re the Legends, and they ultimately do [leave messes]. But, you know, the fact that all the resources that they would normally use to achieve what they’re trying to achieve, they are gone — they literally blew up in front of them.”
After all that time spent using their high-tech ship and time travel wristband devices, Shimizu reiterated this season takes things back to the basic tenets of what makes the Legends, well legends: “This season is very much a journey, a long journey. And it’s about the Legends having to sort of dig deep and rediscover what makes them special.”
For the first chunk of episodes, we really are playing in sort of 1920s genre. So we’re really saying like, ‘Okay, we’re in 1925; like, what are the genres we can live in in this time period?’ So we really explore different facets of that period and sort of what is familiar to us that we’ve seen on-screen that takes place in this period,” she explained. “But of course, adding our Legends spin on those genres as always. So that’s been really fun. 

Once they eventually do make it out of the 1920s, Shimizu said the back half of the season will get back to the “big old mix-up of genres” fans have come to love: “The fun is like, ‘Where are we, when are we, and how can we celebrate this time and place?’ But again, always adding a fun, subversive spin on the whole thing.”
“I won’t say explicitly who our bad guys are, because I think that’ll be a fun discovery for our fans. But I will say you won’t have to wait too long. We are not holding back with our bad guy story this season like we typically would,” she said. "We find that, rather than the mystery of it — the ‘Who is it? What’s going on?’ — we actually are more interested in the ‘why’ and the ‘what’ of those stories. So we’re actually going to be telling kind of parallel stories within the first chunk of our season, that both explains how the bad guy was created, but also what happened next.”

But like most Legends stories, it won’t be a simple trip to get there. Shimizu noted the connection to that mystery villain gets twistier as it goes along: "And how the dynamic between, sort of, our adversaries changes part-way through the season and further complicates the Legends’ trajectory on their route back to their native time periods.”
“They realize their one glimmer of hope is this scientist working in New York named Gwyn Davies, who works for Edison, and this is the man who supposedly laid the foundation for time travel. So their goal becomes to find this man and have him invent time travel for them so they can go home,” Shimizu explained. “This character is wonderfully portrayed by Matt Ryan. He really disappears into it and he feels so entirely different from John Constantine — which is, I think, really important to set him apart from the previous version of Matt Ryan’s appearances on the show.”

Though Ryan is playing a new character, that doesn’t mean he’s lost all that darkness he can bring to a role. Shimizu teased we’ll get to dig into Davies’ motivations and the tightrope of having the inventor of time travel teaming up with actual time travelers.

He’s got a lot of demons — not the kind that John had, but really personal ones that he’s dealing with, and his own reasons for wanting time travel,” she said. "So him hooking up with the Legends both is a means to the end that he’s trying to reach, but also a potential hindrance. And there’s just wonderful potential there for deep friendships to form but also, you know, some real conflict as we approach sort of the endgame.”
Human Gideon is going to be showing up. Gideon, the AI, has been a character on the ship since its very beginning. She’s the ‘O’-est of O.G.s, in our minds,” she said. “We have Amy Pemberton, who plays the voice, coming to play a version of Gideon, in the flesh, for our entire season. And that is incredibly exciting for us, and her portrayal has been just marvelous to watch. So I think fans are really gonna enjoy her story.”

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW CO-SHOWRUNNER ON DOMINIC PURCELL’S EXIT: ‘THE SHOW MOVES ON AND GROWS’
Trent Moore    Oct 8, 2021
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/legends-of-tomorrow-co-showrunner-on-dominic-purcells-exit-the-show-moves-on-and-grows 

“With all the departures that we’ve had on this show, the show moves on and grows from that loss, and new characters come in to sort of fill that space, and new dynamics are formed that kind of complement what was there before — but also, I think, ultimately enhance it,” she said. “So I do think that, we miss him. We loved that character very much. But I think, as with all the losses our show has experienced, we move on.”
Though Purcell might be gone, the series is looking to bring back a different original cast member to celebrate the milestone 100th episode this upcoming season. Wentworth Miller will reprise his role as Captain Cold, who was also a founding member of the team all those years ago. Interesting enough, he was also partners in crime with Purcell’s Mick Rory. What will he think about his old pal riding off to retirement?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Here's what you should watch and read to prepare for Legends of Tomorrow season 7
By Chancellor Agard    October 11, 2021
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-season-7-preview/ 

Even though the Legends are stranded in the 1920s, that doesn't mean the pop culture-devouring CW dramedy will stop experimenting with different genres and drawing inspiration from classic stories. To help you understand season 7's many references and influences, EW asked showrunners Phil Klemmer and Keto Shimizu to put together a study guide over email.

Below, the producers share what you should read, watch, and research to enrich your viewing experience and preview the roaring season ahead.

Homer's The Odyssey
"This season is about the Legends trying to return home, so if you're looking to go deep, start with the original 'just trying to get home' story. But if you're not into the classics, go for a classic film based on The Odyssey: O Brother Where Art Thou by the Coen Brothers. And if classic films are too snobby, we would suggest The Cannonball Run. Fun fact: Erwin "Cannonball" Baker was a real life person who first made the coast-to-coast race famous in 1925. Our Legends will manage to cross with him this season." 

Bonnie and Clyde
"Although these two historical figures have already appeared on the show (season 5, episode 9 'The Great British Fake Off'), this season will find our Legends doing an impersonation of flashy bank robbers who become media sensations (without killing anyone, of course). But it's more than just robbing banks…"

Chicago
"It wouldn't be Legends if there wasn't a little song and dance, right? Move aside Roxie and Velma because the Legends are going to try their hand at some tap dancing — oh and also a little aerial silk action. Caity Lotz and Jes Macallan didn't need doubles to make this one shine!"

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
"In order to prepare for the 100th episode of Legends you're going to have to bend your brain a bit. Our celebration of the century mark is an episode based on the notion of memory, and how identity is formed by memory. Snore-fest, right? On paper, it might make your head hurt. But a parade of Legends from seasons past will make it worth it…"

The Great Train Robbery
"I'm [Klemmer] not going to lie, I haven't seen this movie, but we do have an episode about a train this season… and not a robbery exactly, but a crime. Murder on the Orient Express?  Sorry, haven't seen that one either. I've seen Snowpiercer… but our episode was shot in August so no snow, sorry."

The Real World seasons 1-4
"Our Legends are going back to the '90s this season. The only thing worse than being stuck on a timeship with eight annoying roommates? Being stuck in Constantine's manor. John might be gone but infernal curses persist on our show. Question: Who do you think will play our version of Puck?"

The Terminator
"I'm not going to tell you why to watch this but you can probably guess."

And here's a bonus tease from the EPs: "Listen to some Franz Ferdinand and while you're at it do a little light wiki reading on the final days of the original dude."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Life’s a Circus in ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’ Season 7 Premiere Sneak Peek (VIDEO)
Damian Holbrook    October 12, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1017962/legends-of-tomorrow-season-7-premiere-preview/ 

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow fires up its Season 7 this week with the team trapped in 1920s Texas following the Waverider’s destruction of, well, the Waverider. Not to give anything away from the season premiere, but Sara (Caity Lotz) and her stranded band of time travelers readily realize why their own ship suddenly appeared from the future to blow up the one they were about to board and skedaddle. And it’s wild.

What they don’t know is how the heck they are gonna get back to the original timeline without the gizmos and gadgets that have just been incinerated. Or how they can throw the locals off their scent. In this exclusive clip from the opener, “The Bullet Blondes,” Ava (Jes Macallan) and Gary (Adam Tsekhman) remember an old rule from their Time Bureau days — an oddly specific one, as Zari (Tala Ashe) — that could help them create a diversion long enough to come up with an exit strategy. And of course, it involves making a spectacle of themselves.

LNG701a_1128r.jpg

Given their past issues at circuses, you’d think the team would be all “no thanks,” but hey desperate times call for desperate costuming. Plus, it puts the Arrowverse’s original Black Canary back in the fishnets, which is a nice nod to how far our newlywed Captain has come.

(SpoilerTV)

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow welcomes back 7 heroes in 100th episode first look photos
By Chancellor Agard  October 13, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-100th-episode-first-look-photos/ 

Wentworth Miller isn't the only familiar face returning for the 100th episode of DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

EW is debuting an exclusive first look at the Caity Lotz-directed milestone hour (airing Oct. 27) that reveals the returns of former cast members Arthur Darvill (Rip Hunter), Victor Garber (Dr. Martin Stein/Firestorm), Franz Drameh (Jax/Firestorm), Falk Hentschel (Hawkman), Courtney Ford (Nora Darhk), and Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer/the Atom). Check out the two photos below.
So what brings all of these departed Legends back to the Waverider? Well, it all has to do with Gideon, the Waverider's artificial intelligence who becomes a real flesh and blood character played by Amy Pemberton in the CW superhero show's seventh season. (Pemberton has voiced Gideon since the pilot.) Unfortunately, the newly human Gideon gets overwhelmed and has a meltdown in the 100th episode. To reboot her, Astra (Olivia Swann) and Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) must dive into her mind and help her remember the Legends. While inside, the team's newest recruits witness previously unseen moments from the dramedy's earlier seasons.

"We are exploring the memories of who we consider the O-est of the OGs, Gideon, who is the Legend before the Legends," executive producer and co-showrunner Keto Shimizu tells EW. "As we explore these memories, we get to see familiar faces from all the different iterations of the Legends that she has experienced through her steadfast watch as the ship mother."

Co-showrunner and EP Phil Klemmer adds: "What this episode explores is the key memories and why Gideon held onto them, and what she learned in each of these moments."

For both Shimizu and Klemmer, the 100th episode's premise was an opportunity to not only reflect on how Legends of Tomorrow has evolved over the past seven years, but to also give the actors who left the show before season 3 a chance to enjoy the wild and playful tone that has come to define the series.

"It was a real chance to celebrate the evolution of the show," says Shimizu. "We really wanted to take viewers back to what it was and not despairingly. For a story that is thematically about growth and change and embracing the new, and what challenges turn you into — the blossoming — it was really imperative that we had those people come back to both live in the new tone of the show, but also to show like, 'Hey this is what the show was and look how far it's changed and evolved since then.'"
Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the fact that Legends shoots in Canada — which required international visitors quarantine for two weeks upon entering the country for most of the past year and a half — the producers had to approach this episode very differently. Who they were able to bring back dictated what these memories would be.

"We actually cast first and then wrote second," says Klemmer. "When we first started entertaining the notion of it, there was still a two-week quarantine period that nobody in their right mind would've done for a guest-star role. But it was one of those things that I don't think we dared let ourselves believe we would get as many as we did. When we broke the story, there were kind of placeholders [on the writers room board] like, 'And then there's gonna be a memory.' We didn't know what the memories were, who was going to be in them."

"We actually broke episode 4 first," says Shimizu. "We got episode 3 on the board as much as we could without knowing who was going to come in for those memories, and then we just moved onto four, pretty much broke it in its entirety. By the time we had done that, we knew who was coming back and then we went back back three and inserted all of the proper character into the mix."

Klemmer adds: "We didn't intend for it to be quite as expansive as it was, but it was just like we got one — we would've loved to have Hawkgirl and Heat Wave and Vandal Savage — [and] it made us greedy."

Legends-of-Tomorrow-100th-Featured.jpg?q

Legends-of-Tomorrow-100th-2.jpg?q=50&fit

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

According to Keto Shimizu, Season 7 has 13 episodes...

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: EP Keto Shimizu Previews Season 7
Craig Byrne   Oct 13, 2021
http://www.ksitetv.com/arrowflash-spinoff/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-ep-keto-shimizu-previews-season-7/220469/ 

It’s also more of a challenge because they recently lost both Mick and John, correct?
Yes. Both Mick and john are now no longer part of the team. But you know, as per usual, there will be some surprise new Legends joining the trip as as as they go forward.
A photo was recently seen of Nate in costume. Can we look forward to seeing like the team in costumes again?
At some point, you will see Nick Zano and Caity Lotz in their old costumes at some point this season.

Will Season 7 feature any appearances by some old friends returning?
Yes, there is a very exciting episode, which is our 100th. And in that 100th episode, we’re gonna see some very familiar, very beloved faces.
Will we ever see Sara’s sister or her dad again?
That remains to be seen. I think we’re always open to it. I think it’s a very deep and meaningful connection that we would love to explore at some point. We don’t have any set plans right now, but that’s always possible.

Speaking of connections, can you talk about any new friendships that may form in season seven?
We have some very meaningful sort of deepening of connections, I guess. I think everyone on the ship are pretty much friends. They all really care about each other. I’d say we’re going to see a real exploration of the very deep friendship between Astra and Spooner this season. That’s something that started towards the end of last season, and we’re really building on it in this season. Not only do the actresses really adore one another and have so much fun working together, but we just found their friendship chemistry to be so compelling, so we’re writing towards that a lot. But then there’s also you know, the, the connection between the Legends and the new character for Matt Ryan, who will be joining partway through the season. His arc will have a very meaningful impact on all of our Legends. Particularly, Behrad and him will have this really sweet connection, that will form and we’ll be revisiting sort of the the connection between Zari 2.0 and Nate in a very meaningful way. These are two people who in one iteration are lovers, but in another iteration are friends. I think exploring that the push and pull between them is something that’s really interesting to us.

Can you talk about that thing in the Legends universe where characters encounter people who look just like people they already knew, but aren’t the same personality?
I think for a long time, particularly on Arrow, we always tried to have some sort of explanation for it. Like, “oh, it was their ancestor, so they look exactly alike!” because that’s how ancestry works. Or “it was a doppelgänger!” There was always some sort of offhand or explicit or not explicit explanation for why we had an actor not playing the same character. In this case, we’re just kind of saying, “you know, what, no, this is just who it is.”

Matt Ryan is such a different character in Gwyn Davies than he was with John Constantine. In a way, it’s so transformative, that I certainly never needed an explanation, and I hope the audience doesn’t demand one, because I just don’t think it’s important. I think at this point, it’s like, this is a man who has on you know, one character, we needed to sunset, but I think this new character is full of possibilities and is so distinct from that other one than that any sort of explanation would feel sort of extraneous.

Gwyn Davies is based in science, as Constantine is based in magic. Is that right?
Yes, absolutely. Again, he’s a very, very different character both on the external biography but also just internally, mannerisms and everything… he’s completely different.

What was your reaction the first time you saw the dailies of him as his new character?
My reaction was excitement. I was just like, “wow, this is really popping, this is feeling so fresh, and so wonderfully unique as an energy to have on our ship!” And that’s something that Phil and I always get so excited about, when we bring a new flavor into the into the mix of our Legends stew, is this wonderful opportunity to add something that will make make it pop in a whole new way and shake up the dynamics between our characters. That is absolutely what’s happening with the addition of this doctor.

Are you able to see how many episodes are planned for Season 7?
Okay, we have 13 episodes.
Will we get new opening titles later in the season?
Yes, you will get them you will get them fairly early in the season.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

This interview was with Phil Klemmer...

Legends of Tomorrow Showrunner Breaks Down Season 7 Premiere and Previews What’s Next
By Mike Cecchini   October 13, 2021
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-showrunner-breaks-down-season-7-premiere-whats-next/ 

The seasons are usually themed. We’ve had the JSA, the anomalies, the magical season, the encores, and of course last season was the aliens. I couldn’t quite get a read on what that theme for Legends of Tomorrow Season 7 is going to be from this season premiere. 
It really is just O Brother, Where Art Thou or The Odyssey or Cannonball Run. It’s just point A to point B, trying to get home, the oldest story in the history of human narrative. We’ve had so many really complicated stories and mythologies, the only way we could kind of outdo ourselves was to sort of undermine that impulse and make this season anti-complicated. 

It’s just as simple as “we need money to get gas to take a car from Odessa, Texas to the train station.” And for the Legends, they’ve never had to deal [with that]. They’re almost like a-list celebrities where they they’re just like, “how does one hail a taxi cab? How do you go to a grocery store?” 

They’ve been living in this bubble of technological comfort and Gideon has coddled them and they have the ability to just take a time ship and fix something. If they make a mistake, go back and fix it again, high five, on to the next one. But what if you have to stay and live with the consequences? 

This is a season about the Legends having to realize that, “oh, man, we’ve been passing through history, thinking that all these people are just extras, and we’re the heroes.” But now they’re just like, “we’re nobodies, and all the people we’re running into kind of are nobodies. But wait, all these nobodies are actually just as important as the marquee somebodies and…trying to realize that history is made up of all these people who aren’t famous. 

It’s like a different version of history that’s seeing it on a much more human scale, as opposed to flipping through a history book and being like, “that person’s important.” It challenges the assumption of restoring the status quo…because a lot of the status quo sucks.

For a show that often feels like it has no rules, we get a couple of hard and fast rules from the Time Masters handbook in ths season premiere. We get Rule 44 and we get Rule 23, but how many of these rules have you written out in the writers room as far as what can and can’t be done with time travel on the show?
This is actually talking about season eight, if we’re lucky enough to get it. It really has forced us to think about next season and where we’re headed, because this whole season is about Gideon, who’s now a human being who has this AI of all of history at her disposal, and she’s been able to tell us “this is what should happen, this is how you can fix it, etc.” 

But who programmed Gideon? Presumably that was a person or a group of people and they weren’t infallible. They were just people. We’ve been kind of following Gideon’s guidance…but it’s also made us think about whose version of history? That’s the thing about the status quo. What if what if you don’t like it? You’re forced to decide between are you going to play God and change history in ways that you might not understand the consequences or are you kind of like a time fascist if you just return things that you know were no good? 

This season is also about them having to consider, “have we been doing the right thing all along?” This is this is them being forced to wonder, “are we obsolete? Do we let the computers do all of our jobs?”
I feel like the Legends are constructed almost like a Dungeons and Dragons party. You have your tank, you have your fighter, you have your mage. Especially now that you’re dealing with so many new characters how do you balance these various power sets as well as their personalities?
I think the interesting thing about this season, I was sort of alluding to it with Sarah and Ava having to kind of throw the rulebook out the window. It’s not like their leadership is being challenged. But I think this season is a much more egalitarian Legends because, again, if you don’t have a ship, and you don’t have the pecking order of who’s in charge, and the specialization of the team…it just kind of allowed for us to have episodes where, you know, other people with their skill sets will kind of be driving the episode. It’s kind of a a testament to Sarah’s leadership and Ava’s leadership that when they don’t know what to do, they’re happy to open up the floor. 

It’s kind of a chance for people who…Zari wasn’t interested in being in charge of anything other than her own business empire. But if you’re stuck in 1925, she’s clearly got an incredible, powerful, intelligent person and it’s interesting to think about what if she took those powers and actually focused them on the task at hand. That’s one of the one of the discoveries we made this season was just getting everybody a chance to wear the captain’s hat… and the confidence to be like, “alright, we’re going to trust you on this one.” 

You wouldn’t put Zari in charge of anything two seasons ago. She was way too self obsessed. But being stuck in 1925 is good for people in a surprising way. I guess that’s our big analogy for the pandemic. Look, it’s awful. It’s terrifying. But hopefully everybody has some kind of silver lining…if you found deeper connection with fewer people in your life, or you found some weird Zen kind of peace with the simplification of things. That’s kind of that’s what the Legends are going through being stuck in 1925. 

Last season was great for these really clever, incongruous musical moments. Is there gonna be any more of that coming in season seven?
Yeah, there’s a good bit of it. We have a little bit of a reprise of a musical theater number in our 100th episode. And then we kind of have a burlesque number. You can probably imagine who’s who’s doing the burlesquing. We have a kind of aerial performance that was done by Jess Macallan and Caity Lotz in real life. We recorded an original original song that was done in the style of like, 20s kind of cabaret music that our composer did for us. 

Part of the fun of this show  is we have this incredible composer [Daniel James Chan] who isn’t just doing score. It’s just so cool because we start doing these episodes and it’s like “we’ll just find a 1925 song and we’ll re-record it with actors singing.” But then you’re like, “what if we did our own song and what if we go to Capitol Records and what if we bring in 35 live musicians?” 

And as it turns out, Amy Pemberton is not just a great voiceover artist. She’s a wonderful singer as well. I just really love that we we do the highbrow/lowbrow thing. I mean it’s so beautiful and you know, then we also do silly stuff. We’ll do “The Thong Song or we’ll do Bell Biv DeVoe…we have a lot of meathead stuff on the show, too. To tell you the truth. I don’t even remember how music even became an obsession for us. It’s the sort of thing you like do it once and you get a little addicted to it. 

Edited by tv echo

Another interview with Phil Klemmer...

Legends of Tomorrow Boss Breaks Down the Season 7 Premiere
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    OCTOBER 13, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-of-tomorrow-season-7-phil-klemmer-interview/ 

I can't let you go without bringing up Gwyn Davies, Matt Ryan's new character. Tell me a little about him, and how the team is going to be affected by this encounter with someone who looks just like John Constantine.
Well, I think you're going to be shocked at how quickly you forget Constantine, because Matt Ryan brings such a different energy. We started to talk with him about Gwyn -- God, forever, like almost a year ago, because we knew that Constantine was going to end his run. We knew that we didn't want to stop working with Matt. So we came up with this character who we wanted to put as much air as possible between the two, just for his sake and for the audience's.

So Gwyn is kind of the father of time travel and in this season, he is the Legends' best hope at finding their way back home and being able to escape 1925, where they're trapped. But Constantine is kind of all swagger and devilish charm and Gwyn is really isolated; he's traumatized. He's a World War I veteran soldier who -- again, Constantine has all kinds of dark baggage, but Gwyn's, to me is much more. It's not the arch, like, "Ah! Astra got sucked to Hell, and Desmond --!" Constantine, you're like, "They all got sucked to hell because of you. You're an arrogant bastard." Gwyn is just a person who had this terrible heartbreak, terrible misfortune.

We always seem to come back to Tolkien in the show. Tolkien, for him, like the Shire was the world before the Great War, and our Gwyn saw his bucolic home in Wales and left it with all of his lads and came home a man who is traumatized by the war and no surviving lads in the village and haunted by all the things. That's his impetus for time travel, is just wanting to take the world back to a more innocent place.

Of course, we know that the march of the modern world does not -- the gears do not turn backwards. He's a man who's been -- all of our Legends! Again, they're people for whom the real world doesn't offer any kind of acceptance. This whole season is about where he finds his place amongst the Legends. But look, he's a guy who's 100 years older, so it's like, even if he makes his peace with them, he's never gonna feel like one of them.

So it's really interesting to see Matt Ryan like the grandpa of our team, because he sees them all as these modern dilettantes. He doesn't understand why Behrad smokes pot and does yoga. Again, there's some things that he accepts about modern existence, but there's part of him is just a curmudgeon who's just like, "Meh! It was better back in the day!"

Edited by tv echo

Synopsis for 704 (Speakeasy Does It)...

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 7.04 - Speakeasy Does It - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at October 15, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/10/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-704.html 

PROTECTION - When the Legends arrive in Chicago, they come across a speakeasy that caters to a diverse crowd, however their presence results in upsetting a mob who in turn burn down the club. Wanting to make things right, Zari (Tala Ashe) demands they help to fix the club by throwing a party, with a special performance by The Bullet Blondes, to help raise money to rebuild it. Coincidentally, Astra (Olivia Swann), Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) and Gideon (Amy Pemberton) are also in Chicago and feel compelled to help a female musician sever ties to the mob, while also trying to reach the Legends. Meanwhile, Gary (Adam Tsekham) points out something that Nate (Nick Zano) never realized about his relationship track record. Caity Lotz, Jes Macallan and Shayan Sobhian also star. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Emily Cheever (#704). Original airdate 11/03/2021.

Edited by tv echo

Another interview with Keto Shimizu...

Out of Time: Keto Shimizu on Legends of Tomorrow's Bold New Season
By Tim Beedle  October 13th, 2021
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/10/13/out-of-time-keto-shimizu-on-legends-of-tomorrows-bold-new-season 

It feels like you’re trying something new for DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s new season, with the show focusing on one larger narrative rather than a more episodic “adventure of the week” approach. Would you say that’s accurate?
I’d say it’s both correct and incorrect. It is a longer story—it’s basically an odyssey. These characters are all, like Odysseus, trying to get home, but along the way obstacle after obstacle is being thrown in their way. So, yes, in that regard it’s one long story that will take all of the season to wrap up. However, within that one long story we’re still going to have that episodic feel. You’ll still be able to identify episodes as, “Oh, it’s the one where this happened!” It’s both one and many stories.
As you alluded, if it’s taken you and the writing team a bit out of your comfort zone, well, it’s certainly taken your characters out of theirs. How can we expect to see them react?
Following the premiere, we have the team splitting up, where we have two parallel road trips happening. So, just by means of who is with whom, you have the ability to explore those character relationships. And in the same way, the fact that some characters are cut off from one another means that growth can’t really happen until they come back. You have Spooner and Astra—their friendship gets to go much, much deeper this season, and they have Gideon with them. Gideon has to learn how to be a human being. She’s been a computer. So, her getting to have these two women as her role models for what it means to be human—it’s a great start for her to get lessons from these two spitfire characters.
Then, on the other side, you have this newlywed couple who are trying to stay positive in the face of all of these crushing blows and trying to enjoy the glow of being newlyweds. But they can’t because they have this horrible thing they have to get through before they can really celebrate this union, and in the midst of all of that, they have to find the joy and the things to celebrate because sometimes you just can’t put that off. You’ve got to find the moment where you can, and they do.

You also have a deepening of friendships between Gary and Nate, and Nate and Zari 2. Meanwhile, Zari 2 and her brother are suddenly cut off from the things they kind of used as crutches—Zari and her phone and her obsession with her image and Behrad and his pot gummies. He’s not going to have those anymore. I think everyone is dealing with a different kind of obstacle that ends up being a gift over the full run of the season.
We don’t have John Constantine this season, but we do have Matt Ryan coming back. What can you tease about his new character, Dr. Gwyn Davies?
I’ll say that he’s completely different from John Constantine and that Matt’s performance as him is so distinct and unique to this character. Though they both have demons, they’re very different kinds of demons. Constantine’s were literal demons, but this guy is really dealing with some trauma in the wake of World War I. There’s a reason why he wants time travel to exist and it goes to this deep pain and repression that he’s had to face in the wake of the war. There’s a really wonderful story that we get to tell with him. He gets to be this sort of grandfather figure because he’s from one hundred years in the past. It’s sort of like this fun Back to the Future thing where Marty got to hang out with his folks as teenagers, our Legends get this character who would basically be their great-grandfather if we were talking real time.

Edited by tv echo

Promo for the 100th episode...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Season 7 Episode 3 | WVRDR_ERROR_100 notFound Promo | The CW
The CW Network   Oct 21, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

You can see Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer/The Atom in this promo for The Flash's 5-episode "Armageddon" crossover event...

The Flash | Season 8 Trailer | The CW
The CW Network   Oct 19, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

It's great to see some of the OG Legends back. Since that was when I still liked the show.  

Since its from season 1, it will be interesting to see Spooner and Astra see Sara when she was part of the bad group of killer, kelpto and pyro and not the Captain. I wasn't a big fan of Rip, but I miss him now since this show has fallen so far from what it used to be. 

• Love 3

Synopsis for 705 (“It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist”) - Matt Ryan returns!...

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 7.05 - It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad Scientist - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at October 22, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/10/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-705-its-mad.html 

A LITTLE LUCK - After Sara (Caity Lotz), Ava (Jes Macallan), Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) and Gary (Adam Tsekham) arrive in New York City, they track down Dr. Gwyn Davies (Matt Ryan), who isn't the scientist they expected. Astra (Olivia Swann), Spooner (Lisseth Chavez), and Gideon (Amy Pemberton) are still trying to stop the Legends from using the time machine, but they run into some more setbacks along the way. Meanwhile, in the pocket dimension Nate (Nick Zano) and Zari (Tala Ashe) work together on the Hoover situation as well how to make their future together work. Andrew Kasch directed the episode written by Paiman Kalayeh & Mark Bruner (705). Original airdate 11/10/2021.

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow 100th episode script pages reveal a hilarious 'lost' season 1 scene
By Chancellor Agard    October 21, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-100-script-pages/ 

DC's Legends of Tomorrow is taking a trip down memory lane to reveal some "lost" scenes from the titular team's past — and you can dive into one of them right now because EW is exclusively debuting three script pages from the show's landmark 100th episode.
The accompanying excerpt journeys all the way back to the pilot and reveals the team's tense, rowdy first breakfast together after boarding the Waverider. Read the scene and check out Lotz and co-showrunner Phil Klemmer and Keto Shimizu's annotations below.
1. "[Revisiting] season 1 was easy to do, because for whatever reason, it's indelible," says Klemmer, who co-wrote the episode with Matthew Maala. "I was so stressed out season 1 [that] I remember it. It gets a little murky in the middle seasons. Whoever does the Arrow wiki, we're not joking, we want to give them like a special thanks title card on this one because I had to go back and read so many wiki pages from our own show for stuff I could not for the life of me remember."
4. "I was just fascinated by what season 1 would look like through the eyes of season 7 Legends," Klemmer says of Astra's reaction to seeing the original members. "It's like when you go to college, you feel like, 'I'm the only who is having this experience. Nobody has ever gone and lived in this dorm and had all of these life altering moments.' That's kind of like what the Waverider is — it's just a dormitory that's been around. For them to come back to the place that they think of as home and go, 'Wait a second, there was another generation of people here who were so much different than us.' Especially [with] like Sara, it's like going back and seeing your mom before she was your mom and going, 'Mom was crazy!'"
6. Stepping back into season 1 Sara's mindset was "weird," Lotz says. "She's such a leader now. I like Sara now. I like this version of Sara that is more connected to people and less guarded. So it was actually kind of tough playing. It almost like retrogressing."

Klemmer adds: "I guess the interesting question [raised here] would be: Sara was ready to murder people because she got poached egg on her super-suit, and now Sara is basically the glue that is holding the team together as they're marooned in 1925 and trying to do this arduous cross-country road trip, essentially. It sort of opens up the question, 'Wow, if Sara changed that much in six years, what does it mean for us?' It opens up the question of, if somebody else evolved, it stands to reason that you're destined to evolve as well, and that's kind of a mind-blowing idea because we don't think of ourselves as changing, really."

7. "The whole episode takes place in Gideon's mindscape, so you are tripping through her neural connections," Klemmer explains. "But it's interesting because we kind of realized who was important to Gideon and how she chose to remember them. You realize that Gideon's got her biases and favorites. She loves all the Legends, but she's got a special place in her heart for the people that work on her [like Jax]. The ship's mechanic, they spent the most time together, and therefore he was the most indelible and the fondest of her memories, so he's like the spirit guide that takes us through this journey through her memories."

Script Page 1:
e32aa772b3ae81cef8b4eaf089c3c661

Script Page 2:
44de336e63fe61b0d5479f875f7d224d

Script Page 3:
2f3f9871e6c30a3d2f84e211e234be84

Edited by tv echo