Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow: David Ramsey Teases His Coen Brothers-Inspired Western
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    JUNE 26, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-david-ramsey-preview-interview/ 

[CBR:] Legends of Tomorrow is, obviously, an entirely different beast than the other Arrowverse shows. How did that impact your approach to directing this episode?
[DAVID RAMSEY:] Well, every show has a style, but certainly, I think this episode and this show, amongst the other Arrowverse shows, is probably one of the more stylized -- probably the most stylized. This episode was very stylized.

But the approach, when you get handed a Western, right, as a director... you get the assignment from your showrunner, who is fantastic, but you look at it like, "Okay, Western. How do we want to approach this?" The great thing about Legends is that you almost come at it with whatever idea you have: "I think this is gonna be a little more Coen Brothers." "Great, David!" "Okay, I think we're gonna shoot a oner, or this kind of transition at the end..." "We don't do a lot of oners on the show, but we are going to do it in your episode, David." This is the response I'm getting back from the showrunner, as opposed to maybe other shows, where it's, "Hey, we don't do that. We just do this." You go to Legends, and it's, "Show us what you want to do to enhance the story."
Now, that's just a purely selfish point of view, but on top of that, you have these great relationships. I was fortunate enough to get one where it was the first time we see Sara return, as a human-alien hybrid clone, and to deal with with the weight of that amongst these really well-established relationships that she has aboard the timeship was just a lot of fun. Just a direct answer to your question: that's what you're really hone in [on], as a director. The spectacle is great, the western is great, the monster is great, the aliens are great, but it's really about the relationships.
What were you most excited to bring to this episode's story?
Well, there was a couple of things. Number one, you're rubbing your hands together when you have wonderful showrunners telling you, "Yes, what's your idea?" Because again, most times, you don't really hear that as episodic director. It's, "This is what we do here, and do it," right? So that's part of it, because it's like, "Okay, what do I want to do here?" To me, it kind of screamed Coen brothers. There's a lot of that feeling, particularly in the saloon and the outside gunfight. There's a lot of that feeling of a Coen. That was the first thing.

But the second thing was really -- and just as important as the style of the episode -- was the relationships. The relationship between Tala [Ashe, who plays Zari] and Behrad, the relationship between Ava and Sara, the relationship between Constantine and Adam's character [Gary]. Those relationships were really the things that stuck out to me. How do I tell that story? How do I earn these close-ups, coming out of the spectacle and getting into the meat of the of the relationships? To me, that's always it.

When you deal with these Arrowverse shows, you're dealing with superheroes, how do you make aliens and superheroes and a timeship grounded? The way you do it, is you get into the relationships. So I think, for me, with me traveling around this universe as a director, that's the one thing that stands out. Every show has its own personality, but we watch them because of the relationships.

So if I can tune into that, I think that's what I do as an actor. What's the relationship? When I watch shows from different directors, no matter what show it is -- a CW show, whatever show it is -- it's always relationships, right? So for me, you get out of your own way, after you read the script, and say, "Oh, I want to do this! I want to do Coen brothers!" So you have that power trip for a little bit, right? [laughs] And then it's like, "Okay, what are the relationships?" And to me, that's what really stood up off the page.
At what point did you discover you'd be playing an entirely new character in Legends of Tomorrow? How was that pitched to you?
When I was pitched, "Hey, David, we want you to direct and reprise Diggle across the Arrowverse, and some of these episodes, we actually want you to direct and guest star." I loved Diggle. I love the fans. I love CW, love Warner Bros, love the Arrowverse. And direct?! It was a no brainer, right?

Well, COVID happened. 2020 disappeared, and some things changed as to how we're going to approach Diggle across the universe. One of those changes was what we were going to do on Legends. So I was approached by the showrunners and the writers and they said, "We think we have a great idea with Legends. We don't want to touch John Diggle at all. We're on a timeship. Wouldn't it be interesting that, if someplace within John Diggle history, he's a distant relative of Sheriff Bass?" And I said, "Well, that's interesting! What's the story?" They told me that Sara would be coming back and it'd be the first time we see Sara and Bass would be part of that, but it'd be kind of mixed up. He'd be a bad guy, but not really a bad guy, just because of this alien. Well, then they go into all this Legends stuff. Fantastic!

So yes. The answer to your question is yes. This is the first time I'm ever playing a different character, but it was pitched to me: "You play Bass Reeves." Absolutely I'm going to play Bass Reeves! That's the funniest thing in the world! He just so happened to be someplace! In pure Legends fashion, we don't spell it out. We don't say, "Hey, look, he's a distant relative of John Diggle." We just have John Diggle playing him, or someone who looks like John Diggle but was really Bass Reeves playing him, and it's fun! It's very Legends.

Also, I think there was a certain expectation: "Oh, you're in a timeship! Last time we saw John Diggle, he encountered a green box. Maybe that's what we're going to talk about on Legends!" I think, in pure Legends fashion, it turns it on his heel: "Nope, it's not what you expect! It's actually something totally different!" I think that's the fun, the continued fun and irreverence of Legends. So I think Bass Reeves, played by John Diggle, is completely the story you want to tell on a show like Legends.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

6x10 (Bad Blood) synopsis...

Legends of Tomorrow “Bad Blood” Description Released
Craig Byrne    Jul. 1, 2021
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/07/01/legends-of-tomorrow-bad-blood-description-released/ 

THE CYCLE OF LIFE – With Constantine (Matt Ryan) obsessed with getting his powers back, he convinces Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) to join him on the quest to find the Fountain of Imperium. After they find themselves at the end of the Spanish Civil War, Spooner makes an unexpected bond with someone she feels the need to protect them from everyone, including Constantine. Now that they have a special guest on board the Waverider, Nate (Nick Zano), Zari (Tala Ashe), Behrad (Shayan Sobhian), Gary (Adam Tsekham) and Astra (Olivia Swann) all work together but experience some growing pains along the way. Meanwhile, Sara (Caity Lotz) and Lita (guest star Mina Sundwall) are concerned about Rory’s (Dominc Purcell) health, so they try to convince him to take it seriously. Jes Macallan also stars. Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree (610).  Original airdate 7/18/2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

About 6x09 (This Is Gus)...

Legends of Tomorrow star Shayan Sobhian previews 'Behrad 2.0' in Baby Yoda-inspired episode
By Chancellor Agard   July 09, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-shayan-sobhian-behrad-baby-yoda-episode-perview/ 

... This Sunday, the CW series returns to that well with "This Is Gus," an episode that finally digs into Behrad's (Shayan Sobhian) backstory and explores how an under-appreciated stoner sitcom helped him become the chill, stoner hero he is today.

In the episode, the Legends travel to 2024 in pursuit of an alien pod. There, they wind up on the set of Behrad's favorite TV show, Bud-Stuy, a short-lived comedy about two Middle Eastern stoners that changed the youngest Tarazi's life for the better. Unfortunately, the timeline starts changing when a cuddly pink alien named Gus (who was inspired by Baby Yoda, according to co-showrunner Phil Klemmer) becomes the show's star, which in turn affects present-day Behrad's personality. Thus, the mission becomes about not only catching Gus but also saving Behrad's life.
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How did the writers pitch this episode to you?
SHAYAN SOBHIAN:
Well, I think it was pitched as like, "This is Behrad's origin story. This is where we're finally going to do a deep dive on him." Because of course he was introduced in the way that he was, where he was already a member of the team [at the end of season 4]. So there was no logical reason to do any kind of deep dive.

What was the most fascinating aspect of Behrad's origin story?
Well, that his life was literally changed by a sitcom. I mean, I think that's like when Legends gets wonderfully meta. It's like we're watching this TV show and watching this character be so enamored by his favorite sitcom and actually get to go see it, I think that was super strong. It's an easy thing for me to play because I have so many shows that I love and so many movies.
[Behrad] has that line where he [tells Bud-Stuy's star], "Seeing you on TV was the first time I saw me. You know like my parents, they saw me as just like I was going to be another business school grad and the world saw a weird Muslim kid. But I saw me when I saw you." The fact that when he's giving this heartfelt emotional speech he's also literally fighting for his life was such a glorious thing to play. That scene where we're looking at each other in the mirror we staged it that way [for a reason]. This is where all the creatives on Legends, all of their genius comes together, because Dion Farrell, our brilliant head of hair, was like, "I want Behrad 1.5 to look the actor that he was infatuated with. So we're in this mirror and you literally look like each other." That remains one of my favorite scenes to date that I've done.
Behrad's personality starts changing after the alien joins for the show. How did it feel to play a different version of Behrad?
Super fun. The way that I did it, I was like, "Okay, so I've got Behrad at one point, I know him, got that. Now I have to somehow get to Behrad 2.0," and there's this delightful stop on the way that is none other than Behrad 1.5. So I wanted to get the extremes first. Like one of the first images that came to [mind was] just that slicked back hair, that perfect suit, like carrying about the business cards, all that kind of thing. Then the middle one, 1.5 is like, he's in and out of that. There's flashes of it. I think [episode writer Tyrone B. Carter] did such a brilliant job with this. It's like he has a moment of it, then he has a moment of self-awareness and he's like, "Who says stuff like that?"

I think that journey was actually — and that's the thing about good writing — so easy to play because it's like, "Oh yeah, this just makes sense." That's how I felt with this journey. But it was really fun too, to be different physically as well. Behrad 1.0 has a little slouch, he's got a little laid back swagger. But then 2.0, he's in a Ted Baker suit. Nick asked me one time before we were shooting scenes, "Do you have a neck injury?" I was like, "No, I'm over-correcting my posture, so that when we shoot, I'm going to stand up straighter because that's how I envisioned this bro." One of my favorite things to do as an actor is transform physically. So getting to do that within a role is a special treat.
Co-showrunner Phil Klemmer previously told Comicbook.com that Gus was inspired by Baby Yoda. What was it like working with a puppet like Gus?
It felt like I was on the set of Star Wars. It was the closest I feel like I've ever come to real movie magic. I mean, it was amazing. There were four operators, four puppeteers. A couple actually manual and then a couple remote control. It really came to life during the take, which is such a gift, versus having to act to a green-whatever. So, yeah, it was really cool. I think we were all obsessed with him immediately. I mean, it's meta, like he became the star for us. Then in the sitcom he also becomes a star. So I think they nailed it.

The show has been hinting that there's something going on between Behrad and Astra [Olivia Swann] going as far back as last season. What can you say about that?
Oh man, I ship Bestra. I think there's great chemistry there and there's great possibility. We've had some fun with some very, I would say, just sub-textural moments. There hasn't been anything overt yet, but it's still up in the air.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

No episode synopsis yet for 6x11 (The Final Frame), but we know that this episode was directed by Jes Macallan and that it won't air until August 8...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Season 6 Episode 11 | The Final Frame Promo | The CW
The CW Network   Jul 19, 2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Synopsis for 6x11 (The Final Frame)...

Legends of Tomorrow: Jes Macallan Directs “The Final Frame”
Craig Byrne   July 21, 2021
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/07/21/legends-of-tomorrow-jes-macallan-directs-the-final-frame/ 

STRIKE ZONE – When the Legends track down another Alien pod, they find a device that transports them to a cosmic bowling alley. Before consulting Sara (Caity Lotz), Astra (Olivia Swann) and Rory (Dominic Purcell), Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) makes a bet against the reigning champs for a ride back to the Waverider, but not everyone is happy about the plan when they realize what they are up against. Elsewhere, Nate (Nick Zano) plans a romantic date for him and Zari (Tala Ashe), but nothing goes as planned. Meanwhile, Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) and Gary (Adam Tsekham) try to distract Ava (Jes Macallan), from what’s going on with wedding planning. Matt Ryan also stars. Jes Macallan directed the episode written by James Eagan & Ray Utarnachitt (611). Original airdate 8/8/2021.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I don't like how everyone's being paired up, two by two - it's the Waverider, not Noah's Ark...

Matt's Inside Line: Get Scoop on Titans, Animal Kingdom, New Amsterdam, The Resident, Barry, Good Trouble and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 21 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/21/animal-kingdom-spoilers-emily-deschanel-angela-missing/ 

Anything on Legends of Tomorrow? –Derrick
Your spidey sense was not deceiving you if you felt a vibe between Behrad and Astra in his big episode two weeks ago. “Nothing happens, but there’s that promise of something,” his portrayer Shayan Sobhian tells TVLine, adding that when Astra sees “who Behrad could have been versus who he actually is, that warms her up to him, because she’s like, ‘Oh, wow. He’s actually like a really good guy. I grew up in Hell, so maybe I’m just not used to this, but if he’s actually interested, maybe this could be something.'” But where does that leave Behrad and Spooner, who also seemed to share a connection at the start of the season? “I think Behrad and Spooner, they’re ultimate buds,” Sobhian says. “I wonder if maybe there’s something there, but for now, I haven’t seen any inklings of that.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

I've transcribed the spoilers from this panel...

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Cast Conversation and Sneak Peek | Comic-Con@Home 2021
Comic-Con International  Jul 25, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwRC02ugXbE

Highlights:

• There will be an Avalance wedding in S6 that's crashed by Bishop.
  • Matt Ryan's Constantine story with the Legends will come to an end in S6;  however, Matt will return in S7 playing a new Welsh character.
  • In S7 the Legends will be stranded in a particular place and time, and their only hope will be Matt's new Welsh character.
  • Amy Pemberton will join the regular cast in S7 as a human being.
  • We'll see who's on the other ship. (What other ship? Did I miss something?)

-- The sneak peek video includes a scene from the Avalance wedding, which is interrupted by Bishop (who brought along some wedding crashers), as well as some scenes from the remaining episodes of Season 6. There's also a brief scene of Ava and Gary trying on wedding dresses.

-- Matt Ryan said that this season we saw Constantine happy, with everything going well for him, which is unusual for him. Matt then said that, whenever that happens, he and the audience expect something to happen and that it won't last: "Inevitably, something goes wrong." Constantine ends up "addicted to this drug and this power" and "becomes the thing that he hates most." Matt added that Constantine "keeps making the same mistakes in different ways" and that it's "cyclic" in that he keeps having to repeat this "cycle of redemption" and each time it "gets harder and harder."

-- Phil Klemmer quoted a line of dialogue from the Season 6 finale that "people can change and not change at the same time." He said that that line describes the "pathology of Constantine, where he keeps going through these cycles of self-destruction and... pulling himself up." Phil said that it was both "tragic" and "super relatable."

-- Keto Shimizu: "There will be a wedding, folks. In this season. Ava and Sara are getting married in Season 6... With a Legends twist. Legends style." Also Keto (later on during this panel): "We will have a very beautiful, very intimate, very sweet, heartfelt, emotional wedding for Ava and Sara at the end of our season, um, that will have a nice little Legends twist to it - actually, a big Legends twist to it. But, I promise, fans will not be disappointed."

-- Phil: "If people are expecting a similar kind of happy ending for Constantine... I don't know if that's necessarily in the cards." He added that it's hard for the writers because they love Constantine and Zari as a couple, but there's "not a smooth path forward."
Matt added that Constantine's journey on Legends is not going to work out because that's "not in John's DNA, unfortunately."

-- Keto said that the writers room is just starting to work on Season 7: "We've just broken episode 2. And we are now breaking our 100th episode."

-- Keto spoiled that Amy Pemberton (the voice of Gideon) will be on the show in Season 7 as a series regular "in the flesh... as a human being."

-- Also in Season 7, Phil spoiled that the Legends are "stuck in a particular place and time," without "all of the things that [they] normally rely upon, which are technological." He described it as a "real world odyssey." He alluded to how "charming" it was (like in Astra's episode) to watch superheroes having to deal with annoying real world problems and getting "from point A to point B" when you can't travel through time. He said that it's "fun" to strand the Legends because it provides "a different kind of challenge."

-- Keto spoiled that Constantine's arc on LoT is "coming to an end" in Season 6: "We will be concluding the journey for John Constantine on the Waverider with the Legends." However, she also revealed that "Matt Ryan's journey with Legends of Tomorrow is not yet done." 

-- Phil spoiled that in Season 7 Matt will be playing a Welshman named "Gwyn Price Davies" (*). Phil reiterated that the Legends are stranded in a particular time and place, deprived of their ability to time travel, and said that "Matt's character becomes the possible salvation for our team... He is an eccentric gentleman who lives in - approximately 100 years ago. According to the legends, he is their only hope at one day being able to return to their native place and time."

(* When I watched this panel, I thought he said "Gwyn Price." However, according to The CW's July 25, 2021 press release, the new character's name is Gwyn Davies.)

-- Matt said that John Constantine is a character throughout comics history who always walks alone and "dips" in and out of stories and that the time for Constantine's journey with the Legends has come to an end.. He added that he's "very excited" to be doing "another role on this show" and "creating a new role with everybody." He expects to have some fun with this new role that he couldn't have with Constantine.

-- Phil said that the Season 6 finale "really is incredible." Keto said that "it's going to be bigger than the crossover in terms of the amount of visual effects and craziness."
Phil: "It's nice to see both of your eyes, Nick Zano."
Nick: "Fun fact: see if you can spot where I lose one of my eyes in the episode."
Phil: "It's like the Joshua Tree."
Nick: "Dude, Tala was just like, 'Am I really going to have to act with you facing me like this?'"
Tala Ashe: "Very weird. It's very weird when someone's standing perpendicularly to you."
Nick: "What do you want me to do? It wasn't a choice. I had literally one eye."

-- Jes Macallan: "Is there like a big reveal coming to who's on that other ship? Or have you even beated that out?"
Keto: "Oh, yeah."
Jes: "Do we all get to play other versions of ourselves? It would be great."
Phil: "We'll see."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here's the sneak peek trailer that was shown during the LoT panel at Comic-Con@Home today...

DC’s LEGENDS OF TOMORROW Comic-Con® 2021 Video: S6 Teaser
Warner Bros. TV   Jul 25, 2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Can they just....stop? Please? If you are putting the character to bed just let the actor leave. They have really played out this "same actor, new character" bit. They've done it with what feels like half the cast. Imagine how insulted Brandon must feel that they "run out of ideas" for his character so they write him off instead of just coming up with a brand new character for him to play like they do everyone else. 

• Love 3
(edited)

So the twist for Season 7 is that they're stuck somewhere in 1921/1922 without access to the Waverider? Well, I guess there's not much else you can do once you've dealt with aliens polluting history!

And as for the end of Constantine's journey with the Waverider, I get it. John's journey started on his own show when he banished nine-year-old Astra to Hell and spent the next six years trying to atone for it. Now that he's freed Astra and she's forgiven him, there really isn't much left for him to do anymore. And I can see where Matt Ryan would jump at the chance to play a different character from the one he's been playing for the better part of a decade!

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
(edited)

OK, apparently the correct name for Matt Ryan's new character is Dr. Gwyn Davies, "an eccentric scientist from the early 20th century," according to The CW's press release...

https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/legends-of-tomorrow-season-67-promo.html 

BURBANK, Calif. (July 25, 2021) — With DC’s Legends of Tomorrow still zigging through space and zagging through time this summer in season six, the cast — including Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Olivia Swann, Adam Tsekhman, Shayan Sobhian, Lisseth Chavez and Matt Ryan — plus executive producers/co-showrunners Keto Shimizu and Phil Klemmer took a well-deserved breather and led a wonderfully weird Legends panel at Comic Con@Home today to discuss latest developments on the fan-favorite show from Warner Bros. Television for The CW.

Series star Caity Lotz introduced the panel with a sneak peek at a trailer which featured an exclusive look at the remainder of the show’s sixth season — think bowling, board games, aliens, weddings, magic mushrooms, and a whole lot of dark drama involving John Constantine.

In the midst of all the joking and fun, there were, naturally, a few “legendary” reveals:

First up: Matt Ryan and John Constantine. Phil Klemmer revealed that “while John Constantine’s arc on the show is coming to an end in season six, Matt Ryan’s journey with the Legends is not over.” In season seven, Ryan will be back as a series regular, and he will play a new original role: Dr. Gwyn Davies, an eccentric scientist from the early 20th century who might be the team’s only hope next season.

Matt Ryan said: “As everyone who loves him knows, in the end, John Constantine will walk his path alone. The time has come for John to part ways with the Legends, and for me to part ways with John. I’m really excited to be creating this new role on the show and having some fun with it — discovering how this new character fits in and causes some trouble for the Legends.”

Also, joining the Legends in season seven will be Amy Louise Pemberton, who has voiced Gideon, the Waverider’s AI, for all six seasons as a series regular. Pemberton has appeared as the AI’s physical form a handful of times, but she will now portray a flesh-and-blood version of Gideon in the real world.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Can they just....stop? Please? If you are putting the character to bed just let the actor leave. They have really played out this "same actor, new character" bit. They've done it with what feels like half the cast. Imagine how insulted Brandon must feel that they "run out of ideas" for his character so they write him off instead of just coming up with a brand new character for him to play like they do everyone else. 

I think it's more they don't care about the originals that this show. They only want to play with their new toys. Sara only gets to stick around to be Ava's love interest. I'm sure if they could find a way to get rid of Sara without upsetting Avalance fans they'd jump at that chance.

• Love 3

I almost puked when Ava said "co-captains for life". Of course, any spoiler involving Sara is about Avalance wedding. 🤢

I wish they would stop keeping the actor around to play another character if they are writing their current character out. Are we supposed to believe there are so many doppelgangers of the Legends throughout history?

It feels like the end of the season is mostly about Constantine. Well, he is the writers' favorite besides Ava.

The only good thing is Kayla's back and doesn't seem to be angry at Mick, and the news about getting Gideon in the flesh next season.

• Love 3

The new character and the new setting sound interesting (and it's long overdue for Gideon to be a regular flesh-and-blood character) but I wonder if at that point, the show will have reached the point where the turnover is just too much.  Constantine is gone and Mick is gone, at least as a regular.  Sara seems to be a semi-regular at best and if they think Jes is going to be the main star of this show, they are deluding themselves.  Again, I've never had a major issue with the Ava character but have hated how Sara is completely defined by her relationship to her now and the whole "co-captains" nonsense.  Again, if Sara had a boyfriend, there's no way he would be considered a "co-captain" of the ship.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm sure if they could find a way to get rid of Sara without upsetting Avalance fans they'd jump at that chance.

They could have Sara and Ava ride off into the sunset, and replace Ava with one of the clones, who also happens to be gay and pair her up with someone else. Maybe Zari 2.0, so they can continue patting themselves on the back for their brilliant LGBT rep. Jes and Tala already campaigned for "Zava" a few seasons ago, so why not?

Edited by lurker22

They can keep saying co-captains, but we all know Sara's the Captain in name only. She doesn't do any leading any more, she just follows Ava around and is lucky if she gets to talk to anyone else. Ava's the only Captain. 

• Love 1
(edited)

According to Deadline, John Constantine is being phased out of LoT due to plans for an HBO Max reboot (so much for the multiverse)...

‘Legends Of Tomorrow’: Matt Ryan To Switch Characters, Amy Louise Pemberton To Play Human Gideon Full-Time In Season 7 – Comic-Con
By Nellie Andreeva    July 25, 2021
https://deadline.com/2021/07/legends-of-tomorrow-matt-ryan-constantine-gwyn-davies-amy-louise-pemberton-gideon-season-7-comic-con-1234799209/

The character is now being phased out on the show as a Constantine reboot from J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV is in the works for HBO Max with a darker tone and a new take on John Constantine, likely as a character of color.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, lurker22 said:

They could have Sara and Ava ride off into the sunset, and replace Ava with one of the clones, who also happens to be gay and pair her up with someone else. Maybe Zari 2.0, so they can continue patting themselves on the back for their brilliant LGBT rep. Jes and Tala already campaigned for "Zava" a few seasons ago, so why not?

You might be joking, but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised at this point to see this exact scenario play out. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
21 hours ago, tv echo said:

Highlights:

• There will be an Avalance wedding in S6 that's crashed by Bishop.
  • Matt Ryan's Constantine story with the Legends will come to an end in S6;  however, Matt will return in S7 playing a new Welsh character.
15 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Just echoing everyone else's comments about being pretty sick of the continued reuse of actors. It goes back to Laurel/Black Siren on Arrow and all the Wells' on the Flash. It's my least favorite trope in the Arrowverse and has kind of ruined a lot of the shows for me. LoT doubled up on Amaya/Charlie, then Zari 1.0/2.0, now Constantine/new character. I get that when you really like the actor it can be hard to let them go, but IMO it becomes a real detriment to the story when you write ridiculous "twists" just to keep someone around.

I haven't watched this season at all, but between the comments on the episode threads and the only Sara news being about Avalance, I think my LoT days are over. None of the info coming out that the writers are so excited about has me interested at all.

• Love 3
(edited)
11 hours ago, shantown said:

between the comments on the episode threads and the only Sara news being about Avalance, I think my LoT days are over.

Yeah same.   The only thing that even vaguely interests me is Gideon, but that’s not enough to stick around for.  And I can’t stand Avalance (“co-captains for life”, ugh).  I can’t say it’s the first time a favorite show has crashed and burned on me, but it still kind of depresses me a bit.  Oh well.  What can you do? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4
(edited)
7x03 will be the 100th episode and will be directed by  CL (she just started director's prep). I don't know if the pics posted below are for 7x01 or 7x02...

Legends of Tomorrow star Caity Lotz is directing the 100th Episode of the series — 7×03.
She starts prep on Monday, July 26th.
The Legends are stuck in the early 20th Century in season 7.
Matt Ryan’s new character is an early 20th Century scientist Dr. Gwyn Davies.

And cast have been filming with period costumes, cars and trains.

E7Spq07WQB8MgN5?format=jpg

E68vEzgXsAMkayb?format=jpg

E7UUsVhWUA0Hwm_?format=jpg

Another pic:
E7YU6tlWUAA5iRJ?format=jpg

(pic source)

Yet another pic:
caity-lotz-turns-into-ringmaster-on-lege

(pic source)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Since they are stuck in the past im guessing the 100th won't be about celebrating the whole show by having past cast members show up (even by video) and with their one remaining original cast member directing, therefore having limited screentime, it will mostly be about celebrating the new characters and what the show is now. So basically the same thing we always get. With them trying to see how crazy they can be. This show used to be about the characters and how they would react to the wackiness, now it just about how much stupid stuff they cram into each episode and how wacky they can get the characters to act. 

While I'm happy CL gets to direct the 100th since it's a big deal in the TV world. I can't help but think that they let her direct so they don't have to focus on Sara their one remaining original cast member in the episode. Since they obviously hate writing any story for her. 

• Love 3

Synopsis for 6x12 (Bored on Board Onboard)...

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.12 - Bored On Board Onboard - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 30, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-612-bored.html 

WATCH YOUR BACK - The Legends are ready to get back home, but after Constantine (Matt Ryan) overloaded Gideon, they are going to have to go the old fashion way to preserve the ships energy. Trying to entertain themselves, tensions start to grow high, so Gary (Adam Tsekham) suggests playing a murder mystery game to pass the time. Constantine decides to make the game more interesting, which makes Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) worried about him but is met with pushback from Zari (Tala Ashe). Meanwhile, Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Gary (Adam Tsekham) deal with an unexpected guest that arrives on the Waverider. Caity Lotz, Nick Zano, Lisseth Chavez and Olivia Swann also star. Harry Jierjian directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & Leah Poulliot (612). Original airdate 8/15/2021.

• Love 1

Synopsis for 6x13 (Silence of the Sonograms)...

http://dclegendstv.com/2021/08/05/legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-silence-of-the-sonograms/ 

LETTING YOUR GUARD DOWN – With the Legends on high alert with their unwanted guest in their custody, Ava (Jes Macallan) is tasked with the interrogation while Nate (Nick Zano) and Sara (Caity Lotz) watch. Rory (Dominic Purcell) is struggling with the terrible pain in his head and Gary (Adam Tsekham) tries to help to manage it the best he can. Meanwhile, Zari (Tala Ashe) enlists Astra (Olivia Swann) and Spooner’s (Lisseth Chavez) help to figure what is going on with Constantine (Matt Ryan). Shayan Sobhian also stars. Nico Sachse directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Morgan Faust (613).  Original airdate 8/22/2021. 

Edited by tv echo
3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Synopsis for 6x13 (Silence of the Sonograms)...

This is probably the episode with the 11-page dialogue between Ava and Bishop. Well, I don't expect anything less from an episode written by Klemmer for his favorite character.

Sunday's episode (6x11-"The Final Frame") was directed by JM and will guest star JM's fiancé Nic Bishop (playing "Mike the Strike")...

‘Legends of Tomorrow’: Jes Macallan on Directing, Her Special Guest Star & the Avalance Wedding
Meredith Jacobs   August 6, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1008492/legends-of-tomorrow-jes-macallan-directing-nic-bishop-ava-sara/ 

Legends of Tomorrow star Jes Macallan goes from co-captain of the Waverider to director for the August 8 episode, “The Final Frame,” in which the Legends find themselves in a cosmic bowling alley.
Legends of Tomorrow has some crazy stuff, but did you ever think your Legends directorial debut would feature a floating bowling alley, hiking, and wedding planning?
Jes Macallan:
No, and I didn’t expect to be acting in it as much as I was. And I love that they wrote that super meta line that’s like, “Thank you, everyone here, for making my day about a floating bowling alley!” It was like my favorite line in the whole episode, because yeah, 26 pages of that script, we were in a bowling alley in space. Try pitching that to people and try having a meeting with department heads talking about [that]. We have some crazy, crazy conversations on Legends, but [the ones around this episode] took the cake for me, for sure.

You mentioned how much you were in the episode. It wasn’t as much as in others.
That’s a huge part of it [being the right episode to direct]. And luckily, our EPs and [co-showrunner] Phil Klemmer and Chad Kennedy at Warner Brothers and everybody at CW are just champions of actors that want to direct and do the work and are really, really passionate about it and want to shift into that part of their career. So I felt so supported by everyone. It’s been a long journey for me wanting to get into the director’s chair since even the last show I was on. I’ve just felt the draw of that probably equally, certainly as much as acting, if not, maybe more, and to be supported by the writers, the EPs, the network, and the studio to lower my workload as an actor just for my first time was amazing. They don’t have to do that, and it was a luxury to have that. I was very light in the episode beforehand as well because there’s a ton of prep and it’s not an easy thing and to have the support of everybody was such a blessing.

What can you preview about what the Legends are going to be facing at this cosmic bowling alley?
There is a pretty nasty, pretty obnoxious, Jersey Shore-esque kind of villain that isn’t your average vampire or whatever the heck else, Beebo — well, I guess Beebo was pretty damn out there — played by the one and only Nic Bishop, who is also my better half. And it’s pretty whacked. The stakes are super high even though we’re in a bowling alley. It’s kind of a bowling alley homage to the restaurant at the end of the galaxy, and this villain is taking over worlds and planets beating their occupants at bowling. As comedic and ridiculous as that sounded, the stakes are super high, and telling that story and making people understand and follow and making it a fun journey for the audience to watch and not be bored and not switch off and not be confused was certainly a hurdle. And I think, I hope we achieved it. I think it’s a pretty fun episode.
Talk about directing Nic.
I love working with him. I love that he’s my other half and that we both get to go on this journey together. We’re both in the same industry, which can be really, really hard for relationships, and I just love that it’s been an asset instead of a detriment for us. We really love working together. We love developing together. We love writing together. We love acting together. We love all of it. So it was really, really magical that that even came up and I said, “Just put a tape down, please,” and he did because he’s wonderful. We auditioned and I truly, without any sort of wanting him to play it, just couldn’t find the Mike that I wanted. And I knew that he had it in him to do this kind of outlandish, crazy high hair, flat top villain that I wanted Mike to be, this kind of guy that you loathe, but you want to keep watching him because he’s entertaining, and he just smashed it. I’m so grateful.

Meanwhile, Ava’s trying to find her wedding dress, and while Gary is trying to distract her from everything going on, is he at all helpful in helping her figure out what she wants?
When is Gary ever helpful? Let’s be perfectly honest. No, I love that montage with all my heart. It was such an homage to every ’80s movie that we all know and love and every kind of fun “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” moment of them playing dress-up in the bridal suite situation on the Waverider. Gary and Ava have a love-hate relationship, but I do feel that deep down it’s more love-love, and it’ll only grow as we near the end of the season. There are some really touching moments with good ol’ Gar-bear that I think the audience is really gonna enjoy.
Ava and Sara’s relationship has seemed very steady lately after the half-alien reveal. Are we going to continue to see that?
Yeah, I don’t think that’s an easy thing, to be in a half-alien, half-human situation and certainly Sara and Ava have had a long-winded relationship of just trying to be together. And then it finally happens, and look, we’ve got an alien situation, but it wouldn’t be Legends without the whack of that, right? They are together and we have teased the wedding, so we know that that could possibly happen. Look forward to Sara and Ava, they have a good journey for the rest of the season.

Speaking of that wedding in the trailer, I love the “co-captains forever” moment. What can you tease about the wedding up until probably the worst objection ever?
Yeah, exactly. What I will say is obviously the cat’s out of the bag. I wish it was a little hidden, but it’s out of the bag, but certainly tune in because as we all know, nothing’s ever easy for the Legends and clearly nothing’s ever easy for Sara and Ava trying to be together and just be happy and “normal,” even though they don’t want to be normal. It’s not going to be an easy “I do.” It’s not going to be just, “OK, and we’re married,” so definitely tune in. Because you don’t want to miss all the stuff that goes down in that finale. Oh my God.

Edited by tv echo

More JM interviews about tonight's episode ("The Final Frame")...

Legends of Tomorrow: Jes Macallan Explains How to Capture the Perfect Bowling Shot
BY MEAGAN DAMORE    AUGUST 7, 2021
https://www.cbr.com/legends-tomorrow-season-6-jes-macallan-directing-interview/ 

The episode is split into three storylines: Zari and Nate, Sara and her bowling crew and then whatever ends up happening on the Waverider. How did you find yourself switching up your style as you followed these separate arcs?
[Jes Macallan:]
Yeah, I think it was ultimately just being married to whatever storyline we were in at the moment. So I kept them very separate for a reason. You know, I had my little Moonrise Kingdom/Wes Anderson-esque tiny little pitch tent storyline with Nate and Zari 1.0.

Then I had obviously the Waverider stuff with Constantine, which was a very mysterious, magical almost -- obviously, his dark magic starting to play and all of his demons are coming out, so I just focused Constantine in a very different genre. I shot him from low angles and wanted it to feel like obviously a very different story than the fluffy camping stuff.

Then there was this very creepy, David Lynch-esque -- I don't know what's going on in that bowling alley! Big Lebowski, Coen Brothers, all these shots that I stole, and I wanted the music to be really, really eerie. Then, even from casting Alvin, who played the bowling alley guru, I wanted that to be a very different feel as well.

So it was tricky, but I loved it because I did kind of get to make three little mini-movies. I will say, interestingly enough, that the final edits that ended up happening -- and this is what you learn along the way -- was that all the storylines were combined. My director's cut ended up being very jumpy, as per the script, it was, "You'd go to the camping and then you'd go back to Constantine, and then you'd go back to the bowling alley, and then you'd go back to the camping." It was back and forth and back and forth.

The final, what you've seen, obviously ended up being much more cohesive. They clumped the scenes together, so we stayed in certain storylines longer, which was interesting, because I lost all my transitions and whatever, but it actually ended up serving the story better to not have the audience so confused, jumping around so much. [laughs]

You mentioned that the Coen brothers and The Big Lebowski were a major influence on your approach to this episode. What other directors inspired you here?
Wes Anderson! I love everything about his OCD. I think we were meant to be -- I don't know -- together in another life. I don't even know that he has OCD, but I just love his symmetry. I love his breadth and his work and I love his comedic quirk. It's so wonderful, the comedic quirk of Wes Anderson and just the way that he tells stories.

Obviously newer directors: Taika Waititi. I think he did an amazing job with Jojo Rabbit. For this particular episode, I wanted to find what -- like you said -- each story was sort of like and then find ways to tell that story in the right way. Like I said, the camping, I just wanted it to have more of a whimsical feel, and it was obviously the romance and the heart of my episode.

Then really, I think the bowling stuff, obviously, was an homage. When the writers called me and Phil Klemmer said, "You're doing a Big Lebowski," I was like, "What?!" because The Big Lebowski is one of my favorite, favorite odd-duck, fish-out-of-water movies that wasn't supposed to succeed and ended up becoming this cult classic. I just thought, "Oh my God, how awesome."

Then we got in there and it had this really trippy Shining situation to it. Obviously, we were deep in COVID. I wasn't allowed background of any kind. There was a scene in there that required a bunch of background that ended up being cut that I really loved told a great story. So I was like, "Okay, let's lean into the emptiness of this vast bowling alley."

It was my favorite location. We looked at a few other locations that were very much more Big Lebowski. They were small and stark and mauve, like mauve and white -- just very plain. I wanted the bigger starkness of what we ended up going with and it had the blacklight effect and all that stuff we ended up putting in after. So I leaned into the Shining aspect of that and wanted that to be a little more thriller-esque.

So obviously stealing from -- I mean, not that I stole anything from [Stanley] Kubrick, but there's definitely a Coen Brothers shot straight from Big Lebowski from inside the bowling ball, the POV shot. I was like, "We have to do it! How do we build this rig? We have to do it! I have to give an homage to that shot!" and them. [laughs]

We need to talk about the bowling, which was a big focus in the episode. How long did it take to get the perfect bowling shot? Did you have to wait for the actors to actually get a strike, or did you get a CGI assist?
Yeah, we could just talk for so long about that bowling alley. When we finally did the breakdown with my first AD Nico [Sachse], who also directs on the show and he's amazing, I think I walked into his office and I was like, "Oh my God, we have like 28 pages in a bowling alley. We are doing 28 pages in this bowling alley!" Hence also why, when we were location scouting, I really was pushing for the bigger space just for the comfort of the crew and stuff. It's hard to be squashed for days and days in a very small location.
Then we took the cameras out over the lane, so that they could throw the balls at the cameras and the balls would run underneath. A lot of the pickup stuff of the actual ball hitting the pins was the professional bowler and doing that all in sequence, because then we're dealing with this man who said, "Which character held which color ball?" so we always had Sara bowling with the pink ball or the red ball and then XYZ bowling with the purple ball, and then we'd have to match the particular specific spare or specific hit; they hit pin one and pin two with the purple ball. So we just did one day, a couple hours of just the actual shots that I knew that I needed with the pro bowler without the actors there.

Then yeah, my other half, Nic [Bishop], who played Mike the Strike so smashingly, he was really itching to get a strike on his own. He was like, "The character is called Mike the Strike! I really want to do it!" and I gave him a couple goes and then we had to move on. [laughs] But I tried to let them bowl as much as I could. Just for time and efficiency, we had to get the certain things that we could get. Certainly, the gutter balls were funny, and those are easy to do. [laughs]

What can you preview about the upcoming Avalance wedding, which we got a glimpse of in the Season 6 trailer?
Yeah, I can't believe they dropped that! I love them for it, but I was like, "Oh man!" I thought it was gonna be a secret, but I'm happy it's out.

I guess if I could say anything without spoiling, it's just a little bit of "make sure you watch it," because in true Legends form, nothing's ever easy for any of the Legends, and specifically for Sara and Ava and their journey trying to be together. So it might not be all butterflies and rainbows for that good old wedding there. So I'll definitely tease that people should still tune in because it's not an easy "I do." I gotta say that!

Legends' Jes Macallan Previews Her 'Wackadoo' Directorial Debut Inspired by Big Lebowski and Wes Anderson
By Vlada Gelman / August 7 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/08/07/legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-season-6-episode-11-jes-macallan-interview/ 

“I got a wackadoo script, and I leaned into it,” Macallan tells TVLine. “I was like, ‘All right, if anybody can do this quirky, weird, what-the-hell-is going-on storyline, I can do it!’ and I feel like I accomplished it, with the help of our tremendous TV family.”
The episode’s trio of distinctively odd plotlines, which eventually converge in unexpected fashion, presented Macallan with plenty of challenges as a director. “It was really kind of like doing three mini movies,” the actress notes. “The genres felt different, the temperatures felt different, the moods felt different, the themes felt different, the character arcs were different.”

In one thread, Nate takes Zari 1.0 on a camping date, where they run into an obnoxious couple who puts a damper on their attempt to reconnect. “I love Zari 1.0, Tala [Ashe] loves Zari 1.0, the audience loves Zari 1.0. So I felt a pretty hefty weight to, if we’re going to bring her back, bring her back for a reason,” Macallan says. “I wanted the romance and the heartstrings to be tugged a bit with her and Nate. And it was also just such a sweet storyline. I call it my little Moonrise Kingdom, a little Wes Anderson quirky kind of storyline.”

Elsewhere, Constantine returns to the Waverider with a cloud of “darkness” hanging over him, courtesy of the new magical powers he obtained through questionable means. “I wanted that stuff to feel uneasy and the tension to be high anytime we were with Constantine, and to feel a little bit off,” Macallan describes, adding that she used dutch angles and low camera shots to give the feeling that “[Constantine] was growing into a power that maybe he wouldn’t be able to control.”

But the episode’s craziest storyline takes place in a cosmic bowling alley, where Sara, Mick, Astra and Spooner find themselves playing the most important game of their lives against a team of alien bowlers. “[It] was complete insanity. The writers said it was an homage to Big Lebowski, which is a huge weight on a director’s shoulder when you say something like that. That movie’s such a cult classic and one of my favorites, and I love the Coen brothers,” Macallan says. With a large, stark filming location, a lack of background extras because of COVID restrictions and just a few key “creepy characters” competing against the Legends, “it turned a little into The Shining.”

One of the Legends’ bowling foes is played by none other than Macallan’s significant other, Nic Bishop, who has already appeared as two other characters (General Kilgore and Levi Stapleton) this season. This time around, Bishop takes on the “over the top” persona of Mike the Strike. When auditioning actors for the role, “I had an idea in my head of who this guy was and the obnoxiousness of him, and making him obnoxious but still watchable,” Macallan shares. But while “some wonderful actors” read for the part, “the danger wasn’t there.”

So Macallan looked closer to home and said to Bishop, “‘Please, honey, will you just put this on tape and play with this character for a minute and see if this is something that’s even in your wheelhouse,’ even though I knew it was because he’s my love and I know him so well,” Macallan recalls. “Then he did it, and it was just, ‘Ah, there he is! There’s Mike the Strike!” and he was so perfect and just leaned in so hard.”

Meanwhile, Gary attempts to distract Ava from the truth of what’s going on with Sara & Co. by over-designing her bridal gown. That’s how on her first day of directing, Macallan found herself in “this ginormous, crazy wedding dress with birds in my veil, shooting this montage,” she describes. “I wanted it to be such a fun ’80s homage. Like the ’80s montage that we all know and love, but with good, old Gary. In the script, it says that he plays along and does a little dress up himself, and oh my God, we just leaned in with Adam [Tsekhman]. He’s such a tremendously talented human. Just turn the camera on, just start rolling, and magic will happen. We had a blast.”

Edited by tv echo

Sounds like more Ava/Avalance angst coming up...

Legends of Tomorrow: How Jes Macallan Shaped “The Final Frame” and What’s Next for Avalance
Lacy Baugher   August 8, 2021
https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-how-jes-macallan-shaped-the-final-frame-and-whats-next-for-avalance/ 

“It’s just been such an awesome thing that we’ve been able to go where we’ve gone with it. And even further with the wedding, obviously,” Macallan says. “And then now that we’re [filming] Season 7, I can tell you – they’re just growing. In such a wonderfully simple way, simple and complex at the same time.”
“I was excited that at the back end of this season, we touch upon a bit of that…Ava’s history and [explore] the clone situation,” Macallan says. “But you see [Ava and Sara] trying to plan a life together, and then realize as Ava’s [emotional] bandaids start ripping off, she has scabs that aren’t healed.”

It’s not unusual for wedding planning to shake up the status quo for even the most established of couples, and Sara and Ava each have more than their fair share of issues to deal with, from basic questions like who to invite to the ceremony (do the other Ava clones count as family?) to more philosophical concerns, such as the fact that neither of them is completely human at this point. 

“Ava never had a traditional family. She never had a traditional upbringing. She doesn’t know what that is. She doesn’t know how to do that,” Macallan says. “And that [insecurity] was a cool thing to bring up, [something that] kind of humanizes the clone thing because I think clones – it’s just a weird thing to try and relate to. But I think anyone in any relationship in any capacity, [has talked] about being together forever and what that really means. We’re all faced with that.”
“This is why our writers are geniuses because I’m reading the scripts going, how’s this going to [work]? Are we really bringing the clone thing up again?,” Macallan says. ”But it makes a lot of sense why Ava would still be really messed up, [why] both she and Sara are gonna be messed up. And wedding planning is hard for any two people. It’s going to be hard for them to figure the whole thing out. Nothing’s ever easy for these two.”

Edited by tv echo

Promo for 6x12 - of course, Ava gets to be Sherlock Holmes...

DC's Legends of Tomorrow | Season 6 Episode 12 | Bored On Board Onboard Promo | The CW
The CW Network   Aug 9, 2021

Edited by tv echo

‘Legends of Tomorrow’: Jes Macallan on Directing Constantine’s Dark Turn & What’s Next
Meredith Jacobs    August 8, 2021
https://www.tvinsider.com/1008504/legends-of-tomorrow-constantine-magic-death-jes-macallan/ 

So far, no one is really noticing just how bad Constantine and magic is getting. What can you say about what’s coming up?
Jes Macallan:
.... His magic journey is definitely starting and that was a really cool thing that was in my episode. I love that spell. I love Matt Ryan. I love Constantine. I love what they were doing with the dark turn in him this season. Just buckle up. Buckle up and watch. Everybody’s going to start noticing. It’s hard to hide those demons forever. And that’s going to be a huge journey for him towards the end of the season and for the Legends as a whole to deal with John and his ultimate kind of demise of himself.

Will we see the others trying to keep it from Sara [Caity Lotz] and Ava as their wedding is getting closer and closer?
Yeah, absolutely. That’s John’s M.O. He has a lot of secrets and a lot of skeletons.
Buddy says that the powers will be the death of him, which is very ominous considering we know that this is the end of Constantine’s journey, even though Matt, Ryan is playing a new character. So what can you tease about how bad that’s going to get?
That moment was super important. Just shooting that in an ominous way, I’m glad that you — obviously the line is itself is ominous. But the way that Alvin — he’s on Riverdale actually, he’s tremendous, isn’t he? He was so much fun — delivered it gave me chills. It’s obviously coming and I don’t want to give too many spoilers away because it’s a journey that’s the back end of the season. But it’s definitely one to tune in for and it’s certainly going to be very hard on the Legends. Very, very hard.

What can you preview about the finale to set up Season 7? Are we going to be especially glad that there’s not much time until the premiere in October?
Yes! There should be — what is that thing for when you tape yourself watching it, what’s that called?
Reaction videos?
Yeah, whatever the heck it is. I think a lot of people should do that for the last I think five minutes of the episode. I think we just need a few reaction videos sent to us because for sure when I read the script, I was like, “What is happening?!” Buckle up.

And I saw on Twitter that you’re starting production on the 100th episode — congratulations!
Yeah! Today was day one. I actually messaged Caity [who’s directing it] yesterday. I hope she’s kicking ass and taking names, which I know she is. Very exciting, very exciting stuff. We have some very exciting people here and exciting things happening, all exciting.

Edited by tv echo

Legends of Tomorrow continues filming its 100th Episode this week in Vancouver with the OG Legend Caity Lotz in the Director’s Chair for 7×03.

Someone spotted Legends of Tomorrow Crew Park and To Set signs this morning at the “Kent Farm”in Aldergrove used in Smallville and the Arrowverse crossovers.
The Legends are stuck in the early 20th century in season 7 without the means to time travel as the Waverider A.I. Gideon takes human form.
What clues are in the 100th Episode title? WVRDR_ERROR_100<OEST-OF-TH3-Gs.GID30N> NOTFOUND.
Caity Lotz’s big directing gig went up on the Directors Guild of BC’s Production list on Friday, July 23rd.
She started prep on Monday, July 26th.
She started directing the 100th episode on August 5th.

Edited by tv echo

Synopsis for 6x14 (There Will Be Brood) - this episode was directed by MRS...

Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers: “There Will Be Brood”
Craig Byrne    August 11, 2021
http://dclegendstv.com/2021/08/11/legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-there-will-be-brood/ 

GETTING ANSWERS – When Astra (Olivia Swann) and Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) find themselves as stowaways, they learn that Constantine (Matt Ryan) is still chasing the Fountain of Imperium and find themselves in 1920s Texas. With the rest of the Legends stranded, they come up with a plan to get help by using Rory (Dominic Purcell) as bait that will also help reunite him with something that is special to him. Meanwhile, Spooner learns some information about her past that she wasn’t expecting. Caity Lotz, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan, Adam Tsekham and Shayan Sobhian also star. Maisie Richardson-Sellers directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt & Marcelena Campos Mayhorn (#614).  Original airdate 8/29/2021. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Synopsis for 6x15 (The Fungus Amongus)...

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.15 - The Fungus Amongus (Season Finale) - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at August 19, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/08/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-615-fungus.html 

SEASON FINALE - When Sara (Caity Lotz) realizes Bishop's (guest star Raffi Barsoumian) plan, Ava (Jes Macallan) convinces Sara to allow the Legends to make exception to the rules to help fight back. Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) comes up with an interesting plan, that allows Sara to connect with an old friend. Meanwhile, amidst a battle Sara and Ava make an important decision but need the help of the team to pull it off. Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Tala Ashe, Matt Ryan, Olivia Swann, Adam Tsekham and Lisseth Chavez also stars. David Geddes directed the episode written by Keto Shimizu & James Eagan (615). Original airdate 9/5/2021.

Edited by tv echo

So Ava is convincing Sara to break a rule. Isn't rule following Ava's whole deal? Sara is the one that doesn't follow rules, that's what made her different then the other heroes. Are they just trying to turn Ava into Sara. Also I'm sure Sara's old friend is Nurse Ava because Sara isn't allowed to have any friends that are not Ava. 

• Love 3