Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

I admit I read that and went "they already have that in OG Zari!" And then "I wonder if TA is leaving even though we have Zari 2.0?"

It's really not fair to the new girl but I'm resentful that she sounds like a replacement for one of my favourite Arrowverse characters even if TA is sticking around as Zari-dashian. Sigh. I'm just not getting on with this show at the moment. 

47 minutes ago, Featherhat said:

Sigh. I'm just not getting on with this show at the moment. 

Same.  I like Zari 2.0, and Zari/Constantine is a huge improvement over Zari/Nate, but.....  I loved Zari 1.0.  Next to Sara she was my favorite character.  And with Ray gone too and Charlie and Nora....I’m losing reasons to stick around.   Mick is mostly just a side character these days, and I couldn’t care less about Ava and Nate and I don’t get the writers’ fascination with either of those characters.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Same.  I like Zari 2.0, and Zari/Constantine is a huge improvement over Zari/Nate, but.....  I loved Zari 1.0.  Next to Sara she was my favorite character.  And with Ray gone too and Charlie and Nora....I’m losing reasons to stick around.   Mick is mostly just a side character these days, and I couldn’t care less about Ava and Nate and I don’t get the writers’ fascination with either of those characters.  

Zari 1.0 is my favourite after Sara (in the whole Arrowverse) and has been ever since her first eps in season 3, I like Zari 2.0 fine but with this new girl and Behrad (who I also enjoy) it tell me 1) Zari 1.0 isn't coming back any time soon and 2) makes me wonder if this is another MRS/Charlie situation where they give her a "new character" and after the initial idea that becomes a case of side lining and after a couple of years she leaves. She had a bit more to do than Charlie did in S4 and then there's Zari/Constantine which seems popular but even so. There didn't have to be a ticking clock on hacking Zari's history, unlike Amaya that could easily have lasted until the end of the show. I mean even Amaya could have gone on longer. There was so much to do with Zari 1.0. Again I like SS despite grumbling about changing a girl for a boy (never forget baby Sara!) and I know I might end up liking this new girl and it's not fair to pre judge but, GAH. This show. All my favourite characters have left, are side lined or are stuck in the dullest ways to write them. How did it get like this in such a short time? 

Did MG leaving really let Klemmer off the hook to do what he liked? For HIS characters?

• Love 3

"Spooner joins the time ship crew in Season 6 which finds Captain Sara Lance and her team hunting down extraterrestrials who have been displaced throughout history."

Fixed.

This new character sounds interesting enough.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Legends Casts TVD Alum as Sadistic Genius — Is He Season 6's Big Bad?
By Vlada Gelman / October 19 2020
https://tvline.com/2020/10/19/legends-of-tomorrow-raffi-barsoumian-cast-season-6-big-bad/ 

As if aliens weren’t enough to handle, a brilliant and sadistic newcomer will also cause trouble for the Legends of Tomorrow in Season 6: The CW series has tapped Raffi Barsoumian (The Vampire Diaries) to recur as Bishop, a once-in-a-generation genius, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Bishop has “seen the end of the world, and he thinks he has a way to save it,” per the official character description. “But despite his purported love of humanity, Bishop isn’t great with people. He pretends to be a groovy bon vivant with a taste for cognac and a killer vinyl collection, but in fact, he’s a sadistic egomaniac who treats all living creatures — human and alien alike — as his scientific playthings.”

As a result, the Legends quickly come to realize that “Bishop’s drive to play god may very well hasten the world’s end. And it was no accident that Bishop lived to see the world’s end. He used his brilliant scientific mind to give himself, well, certain enhancements.” Hmm, he sure sounds like Big Bad material, doesn’t he?

As previously reported, the makeup of the Waverider will, come Season 6, once again look different: Lisseth Chavez (Chicago P.D.) has come onboard in the series-regular role of alien expert Esperanza “Spooner” Cruz. Additionally, Shayan Sobhian (aka Behrad) and Adam Tsekhman (Gary) have been promoted to regulars, while Maisie Richardson-Sellers, who most recently portrayed Charlie, will not be back. Plus, TVLine has confirmed that Olivia Swann (Astra) will return to the show full-time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Sabrina, Zoey's Playlist, Legacies, The Boys, FBI, MacGyver, Batwoman and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / December 29 2020, 10:
https://tvline.com/2020/12/29/zoeys-extraordinary-playlist-season-2-spoilers-love-triangle/

Is Mick’s daughter, Lita, returning for Season 6 of Legends of Tomorrow? –Derrick
I can confirm that Mina Sundwall (Lost in Space) will indeed be back during Season 6.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’: Aliyah O’Brien Joins Season 6 In Recurring Role
By Denise Petski     January 7, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/01/legends-of-tomorrow-aliyah-obrien-season-6-recurring-the-cw-1234666788/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Canadian actress Aliyah O’Brien has been tapped for a recurring role on the upcoming sixth season of the CW’s DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.

O’Brien will play Kayla, a fearsome warrior with a high body count and low patience for human incompetence. She’ll be put through her paces working with and against the Legends as she’s certainly not used to messing anything up much less for the better.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
On 1/8/2021 at 8:14 AM, tv echo said:

O’Brien will play Kayla, a fearsome warrior with a high body count and low patience for human incompetence. She’ll be put through her paces working with and against the Legends as she’s certainly not used to messing anything up much less for the better.

I originally thought of Lady Shiva, but I doubt they'd cast a non-Asian actor for that role.

• Love 1

Here's video of TA's Wizard World interview from last Thursday (no big spoilers, but posting here to be safe)...

Yes, there's clearly a mistake in the year listed on the screen title page for this video:
TALA ASHE Q+A | THURS, JAN 21ST | 4PM PT, 7PM ET
Wizard World   Streamed live on Jan 21, 2021

-- TA said that, even though she shadowed a producing director, she has no plans to direct a LoT episode, but only shadowed because she wants to produce in the future. TA also said that "Caity, Jes, and Maisie" will be directing "this year" (CL has directed before, but it will be first time directing for JM and MRS). 

-- When asked to describe the upcoming Season 6 of LoT in only three words, TA: "I can take on the one-word challenge and just say 'aliens.' It's 'aliens.' 'Aliens, aliens, aliens.' Um, yeah, I don't want to give anything away because there's some really fun and exciting stuff coming. But, um, into - spinning off of the - the alien piece of it, to be totally candid, I was like, 'ugh, aliens?' Like, 'how is that going to work?' And then, you know, lo and behold, our brilliant writers, like, found a way to make an entire season about aliens and time travel and - I don't know - whatever, you know - whatever else the Legends are doing."

-- When asked about the relationship between Zari 2.0 and John Constantine, TA: "Speaking in terms of - what can I say about John and Zari? I think that they continue to be as different as you can imagine. Like, they are really, truly, polar opposites, but there's something there that's - that's drawing them to each other that I don't even think they understand. Um, and to be honest, I don't know - I know where - where we're at - where it says - we're doing episode 7 right now. But I - I'm curious also to see where that relationship, uh, goes, um, because I - I don't know. ... Like, uh, Matt and I - Matt Ryan, the actor, and I - when we're in scenes, sometimes we're like, 'God, they really like each other.' Like, it's weird, you know. Like, they shouldn't. Like, she's literally like, 'oh, my God!' (Waves hands around) And - and he's like, [unintelligible words] John Constantine. And it shouldn't work, but there is something there. So anyways, we're - we're navigating it. We're trying to figure out what it is. The writers are, um, you know, doing what they will. And, you know, I can just sort of speak to Zari 2.0's journey, which is - not dissimilar to 1.0 in that, like, we saw 1.0 open her heart to Nate, uh, in previous seasons and that was like a challenge to her. And I think, in a very different way Zari 2.0 also, it's - it's hard for her to trust someone and to, uh, to - to love and - and be loved, you know. So, um, I think I'm being super, super vague, but that's answering two of the pieces."

-- When asked about the sibling relationship between Zari 2.0 and Behrad, TA: "And then the Behrad stuff is really fun, too. Like, it's just, I think, having a sibling dynamic is not something we've had before. And it's a fun one, you know, because it - you can go to places that, um, like, romantic relationships are not going to, you know. So, um, it's just fun. And also selfishly, like, I look around sometimes and, you know, it's a scene with he and I and someone else. I'm like, 'wow, there's like two brown people.' Like, two, you know, Iranian people on a TV show. That's - I, like, never would have dreamed that as a kid, you know. Um, so - so that part of it is also just like really lovely." She added that "it's not shoehorned in" but just part of the story.

-- More discussion about aliens in Season 6. TA: "You know what it is? You're also reading scripts and I, like, read about an alien named whatever... So then I have an alien in my mind. And I'll come on set and then see a totally, obviously different looking alien than the alien that was in my mind. And we have this - we have this incredible teams, like, creating real, like, alien costumes, you know. So there's like aliens walking around on set. And, yeah, it's just - it's strange but wonderful and - and kind of works really well."

-- TA explained that she was doing this virtual con to benefit the New Sanctuary Coalition.

-- Mod (Mike G) noted that it still hasn't been officially announced when Season 6 of LoT will begin.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Legends, Flash, Million Things, Chicago P.D., Star, Good Girls, Manifest, NCIS: LA and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / February 25 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/02/25/the-flash-season-7-spoilers-returning-villains/

One of the mysteries that’s been driving me and my friends mad for the past few years is Gary’s backstory on Legends of Tomorrow. We know his Dad is a dentist, he can’t go home for Thanksgiving, and mind wipes don’t stick. Which all seems very suspicious to me. With Adam Tsekhman finally a regular, are we going to find out what the deal is there? –Vanessa
The Legends team got a kick out of your question, Vanessa — and the EPs in turn said that they promise to reveal Gary’s “wacky and wild backstory” in the Season 6 premiere airing Sunday, May 2. “Although Gary can’t go home for Thanksgiving,” they teased, “a little bit of home is coming to him!” Speaking of Garys….

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

The Legends Are (Almost) Back! The CW Reveals Season 6 Episode Titles for ‘DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’
By Julia    April 7, 2021
https://www.nerdsandbeyond.com/2021/04/07/the-legends-are-almost-back-the-cw-reveals-season-6-episode-titles-for-dcs-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

Our favorite group of misfit superheroes are returning to our screens in less than a month for season 6 of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Ahead of the premiere, The CW has unveiled the episode titles for the first 13 episodes of the season.

The upcoming episodes will see three Arrowverse actors step behind the camera as directors, two of which also star in the show. Caity Lotz (Sara Lance) and Jes Macallan (Ava Sharpe) will direct episodes 5 and 11, respectively. David Ramsey, who played John Diggle in Arrow, will direct episode 8.

DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will return on Sunday, May 2 at 8 p.m. ET, taking over Batwoman‘s time-slot (which will air at 9 p.m.). Check out the episode titles below!
#6.1 “Ground Control to Sara Lance”
Written by James Eagan & Mark Bruner, Directed by Kevin Mock

#6.2 “Meat: The Legends”
Written by Matthew Maala & Morgan Faust, Directed by Rachel Talalay

#6.3 “The Ex-Factor”
Written by Grainne Godfree & Tyron Carter, Directed by David Geddes

#6.4 “Bay of Squids”
Written by Phil Klemmer, Directed by Sudz Sutherland

#6.5 “The Satanist’s Apprentice”
Written Keto Shimizu and Ray Utarnachitt, Directed by Caity Lotz

#6.6 “Bishop’s Gambit”
Written by James Eagan & Emily Cheever, Directed by Kevin Mock

#6.7 “Back to the Finale Part II”
Written by Morgan Faust & Mark Bruner, Directed by Glen Winter

#6.8 “Stressed Western”
Written by Matthew Maala, Directed by David Ramsey

#6.9 “This is Gus”
Written by Tyron B. Carter, Directed by Eric Dean Seaton

#6.10 “Bad Blood”
Written by Grainee Godfree, Directed by Alexandra La Roche

#6.11 “The Final Frame”
Written by James Eagan and Ray Utarnachitt, Directed by Jes Macallan

#6.12 “Bored On Board Onboard”
Written by Keto Shimizu & Leah Poulliot, Directed by Harry Jierjian

#6.13 “Silence of the Sonograms”
Written by Phil Klemmer & Morgan Faust, Directed by Nico Sachse

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Maisie Richardson-Sellers is directing Episode 614 (posted yesterday)...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNiTtwOAzBR/   

maisiersellers DREAMS DO COME TRUE! Still pinching myself 🙌🏾 I cannot express how grateful I am to my @cw_legendsoftomorrow family, @warnerbrostv, @phil.klemmer, @gberlanti and @suchthecharmed1 for making this possible.
This also happens to be one of my favourite Legends scripts of all time, written by the wonderful @rayutar and Marcelena Campos Mayhorn. I can’t wait to take you on this adventure.. 😏

EytsXLiUUAApezZ?format=jpg&name=900x900 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4

Redacted title?  Hmm. 🤔  That doesn’t happen very often, usually only in cases where the title itself is a major spoiler.  (Although I guess that’s kind of stating the obvious. 😂)

Also, did we ever get an official episode count for Season 6?  I can’t remember.  Obviously it’s more than 13. I don’t think they’d have a new director direct a season finale, so probably more than 14? So...15? 16?

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Redacted title?  Hmm. 🤔  That doesn’t happen very often, usually only in cases where the title itself is a major spoiler.  (Although I guess that’s kind of stating the obvious. 😂)

Also, did we ever get an official episode count for Season 6?  I can’t remember.  Obviously it’s more than 13. I don’t think they’d have a new director direct a season finale, so probably more than 14? So...15? 16?

I think it is 15.

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.01 - Ground Control to Sara Lance - Promotional Photos, Poster + Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at April 17, 2021 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/04/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-601-ground.html

After a night of celebrating their beating the Fates, the Legends quickly discover that Sara (Caity Lotz) is missing. Trying to keep it together, the Legends are shocked to discover that she was taken by Aliens. Ava (Jes Macallan) sends Rory (Dominic Purcell) and Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) to follow a lead on who can possibly help them find Sara, while Constantine (Matt Ryan) tries to work his magic. Meanwhile, Sara does all she can to try to escape, which includes releasing Aliens into the timeline, but is shocked to learn who one of her kidnappers turns out to be.

“DC’s Legends of Tomorrow” is starring stars Caity Lotz as Sara Lance/White Canary, Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory/Heat Wave, Nick Zano as Dr. Nate Heyood/Steel, Tala Ashe as Zari Tarazi, Jes Macallan as Ava Sharpe, Matt Ryan as John Constantine, Adam Tsekhman as Gary Green, Olivia Swann as Astra Logue, Shayan Sobhian as Behrad Tarazi and Lisseth Chavez as Esperanza “Spooner” Cruz.

Kevin Mock directed the episode written by James Eagan & Mark Bruner (601).

Another source for 12 promo pics for 601:
https://tvline.com/gallery/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-photos/ 

legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-photos-1.jp

legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-photos-3.jp 
legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-photos-8.jp

legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-photos-12.j

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Meanwhile, Sara does all she can to try to escape, which includes releasing Aliens into the timeline, but is shocked to learn who one of her kidnappers turns out to be.

In the first 2 seasons I would be excited about the bolded part, but I'm not getting my hopes up that it's someone from Sara's past, since the writers made it clear they don't care about Sara's past. So from the promos it's probably Gary. Who probably accidently started working with aliens and got them to abduct Sara. Why would Sara have her own storyline when we can have Gary front and center. 

I've never seen showrunners hate their lead character so much that they do everything in their power to diminish her role, even though they know she is the selling point of their show (since the posters still put Sara in the front) and the only character the other shows in the universe care about.

Or they are just mad that their favorite original character Ava is not blowing up like Sara did (despite them trying to basically make a Sara clone with her)  They thought people like Sara fighting so we'll make Ava equal to Sara in fighting and bam people will love her like they do Sara.

They don't seem to understand that Sara being a good fighter is not the only reason her character is popular. Sara's personality and history is what made her popular. Ava barely has a personality (she's still her character description, she hasn't grown or changed from that). Being a clone is really the only interesting thing about her and they for some reason want to keep ignoring that part. Single white femaling Sara is not giving her a personality. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

In the first 2 seasons I would be excited about the bolded part, but I'm not getting my hopes up that it's someone from Sara's past, since the writers made it clear they don't care about Sara's past. So from the promos it's probably Gary. Who probably accidently started working with aliens and got them to abduct Sara. Why would Sara have her own storyline when we can have Gary front and center.

I've never seen showrunners hate their lead character so much that they do everything in their power to diminish her role, even though they know she is the selling point of their show (since the posters still put Sara in the front) and the only character the other shows in the universe care about.

I agree, it's probably Gary who accidentally kidnapped her.

From what I've learned from other shows, it's probably the promo department who designed the posters, and the showrunners have nothing to do with it. So someone at the studio still thinks of Sara as the selling point. If the showrunners could choose, we would probably have Constantine and Ava front and center.

Also this part:

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Meanwhile, Sara does all she can to try to escape, which includes releasing Aliens into the timeline, but is shocked to learn who one of her kidnappers turns out to be.

I hope they don't spend the whole season "joking" that it was Sara's fault that aliens are now released into the timeline, like they did in the S3 premiere when they "joked" that Sara broke the timeline.

Edited by lurker22
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

I hope they don't spend the whole season "joking" that it was Sara's fault that aliens are now released into the timeline, like they did in the S3 premiere when they "joked" that Sara broke the timeline.

Of course they will, they have to show how useless Sara is now, so Ava can look better. The writers are probably happy with no crossover this year since the other shows wouldn't understand that Ava's the Captain of Legends now and that Sara is just her girlfriend. 

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.02 - Meat: The Legends - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at April 24, 2021 
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/04/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-602-meat.html

"Meat: The Legends" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, V) (HDTV)

WHO'S HUNGRY - With Spooner (Lisseth Chavez) on board, Ava hopes that her special abilities will help lead them to locate the Aliens spread out on the timeline, which could ultimately lead them to Sara (Caity Lotz.) The Legends soon find themselves tracking an Alien in 1950s San Bernadino and having to figure out what is making the town go on a feeding frenzy. Zari (Tala Ashe) lets Behrad (Shayan Sobhian) know she is ready to use the Totem, but Behrad isn't ready to share it, causing tension between them. Meanwhile, after crash landing, Sara tries to figure out a plan and runs into none other than Amelia Earhart who could be her ticket home. Dominic Purcell, Nick Zano, Matt Ryan, Adam Tsekham, Jes Macallan and Olivia Swann also star. Rachel Talalaly directed the episode written by Matthew Maala & Morgan Faust (602). Original airdate 5/9/2021.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Legends, Chicago Fire, Manifest, Legacies, Zoey's, S.W.A.T., Magnum, SEAL Team and More
By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 22 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/04/22/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-spoilers-constantine-zari-romance-aliens/ 

Got any Legends of Tomorrow scoop about Zari and/or Constantine? — Katie H.
Two birds, meet singular, time-traveling stone! Executive producer Grainne Godfree tells Inside Line that at the beginning of the season (premiering Sunday, May 2), “We will see John Constantine in a new and more mysterious state than ever before… happy. Astra is no longer in Hell and John is cautiously optimistic about where things are with Zari.” Now, speaking of Zari (and you were): “Although she and John are both cool customers who keep their feelings close to the vest, it’s clear they have a chance at a real relationship here,” Godfree previewed. “But first, they will have to battle aliens intent on taking over Earth, Zari’s status as a social media celebrity, and John’s own personal demons…”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Legends of Tomorrow To Have a Baby Yoda-Inspired Episode in Season 6
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 23, 2021 
https://comicbook.com/dc/news/legends-of-tomorrow-to-have-a-baby-yoda-inspired-episode-in-seas/ 

In the coming season, DC's Legends of Tomorrow will have an episode that will be inspired in part by "Baby Yoda," also known as Grogu, the child being protected by the titlular antihero in the Star Wars TV series The Mandalorian. Without revealing specifics as to how it works, there will apparently be an episode later this season in which an adorable, animatronic alien appears...and proceeds to make everyone's life harder by compromising the timeline in such a way that it alters Behrad Tarazi's personality and origin story, leaving the Legends scrambling to get the familiar version of their friend and teammate back.

This might sound a bit like "Phone Home," a fan-favorite episode from the show's third season that riffed on E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial by introducing an alien thrown back through time, who met up with a ten-year-old Ray Palmer, kicking off a series of events that led to the hero's untimely death in a timeline that the Legends had to fix. Behrad, introduced at the end of season four and a regular character throughout much of season five, has not yet had the kind of character-defining solo story that his sister had in that same season's "Here I Go Again," an episode in which Zari, then a new member of the team, was caught in a time loop and had to get to know her teammates intimately in order to figure out how to extricate herself from it.

"We actually devote a whole episode to Behrad, episode 9 of this season," Klemmer told ComicBook. "It's interesting, because he's such an easygoing, laid-back guy, that invariably people take those kinds of personalities for granted. Because they're so easygoing, their grooviness can almost make you forget how important it is to have that kind of low-key energy around, especially when we have so many tempers on the Waverider. So we did this episode, which is kind of our Baby Yoda episode, in the middle of the season. It features a very adorable, animatronic alien, who unfortunately is not as sweet as Baby Yoda. But it also explroes a timeline in which Behrad's origin story is compromised by this alien, and he becomes a different person. All of a sudden, the Legends, including or even primarily Zari, realize that 'oh my God, this laid-back stoner, yoga-posing peacenik that we all take for granted is being replaced by something quite different, and now it's like, 'how do we get Behrad back?'"

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

So that will give them 97 episodes through the end of the season.  Their 100th episode will be 7.03 (whenever it airs).  

To be honest, I’m expecting a final season announcement this year.  I might be wrong on that, but they’ve got several new DC shows in the works, and seven seasons is really a decent run.  A few years ago I never thought it would even get that.  

• Love 3

Extended trailer for S6 from EW.

The article also contains many teasers about the various episodes. Interesting that the episode Caity directed is an animation one. And the reason behind Sara's kidnapping sounds interesting, so I'll see how well it actually plays out over the season.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

The Sara stuff sounds interesting but it always does then it turns turns out to be nothing and becomes all about Ava's feelings. So I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

Yeah, the magic power spoiler sounded interesting too, but turned out to be nothing. So I'm adopting a wait-and-see approach.

• Love 1
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow - Episode 6.03 - The Ex-Factor - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at April 30, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/04/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-603-ex.html

"The Ex-Factor" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, DLV) (HDTV)

ON THE BIG STAGE - The Legends find themselves in 2045 trying to defeat an Alien warrior which leaves Zari (Tala Ashe) no choice but to enter a popular singing competition. Ava (Jes Macallan) has finally had enough of Rory's (Dominic Purcell) behavior and with the encouragement of Spooner (Lisseth Chavez), gives him some tough love. Sara (Caity Lotz) finds herself struggling after being attacked but someone familiar helps her to keep searching for refuge. Meanwhile, Zari and Constantine (Matt Ryan) have a much-needed conversation with each other. Nick Zano, Adam Tsekham, Olivia Swann and Shayan Sobhian also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & Tyron Carter (603). Original airdate 5/16/2021

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Legends of Tomorrow boss on that bizarre Gary reveal and Sara's destination
By Chancellor Agard       May 02, 2021 
https://ew.com/tv/legends-of-tomorrow-season-6-gary-alien/ 

But back to that aforementioned escape plan: After hijacking the space ship, Sara opened a wormhole to enter the time stream. While the aliens she jettisoned into space made it into the wormhole, the ship didn't have enough power to make it through before it closed. Thus, as the episode ended, Sara and Gary found themselves hurtling towards an alien planet where they'll come face to face with the man who wanted Sara to begin with: Bishop, a mad scientist played by The Vampire Diaries' Raffi Barsoumian.

"Oh man, what isn't on this planet?" said Klemmer. "We've got figures from history who seemed to be Bermuda Triangle-transported to this strange vortex. We have the native inhabitants of the planet who somehow live within this toxic, tempestuous environment. And then we have the mad scientist who kind of lords over this kingdom, and he's not alone. He has an army of sorts and his army is something that kind of reaches back into multiple seasons. This character of Bishop, we've explored his world before. Once we see who he has working for him, it's gonna be a pretty great surprise for people who have been watching the series from way back."

During an Instagram Live with EW on Sunday, Caity Lotz also teased Sara's dynamic with the enigmatic Bishop.

"He is an interesting character," said Lotz. "He's a fabulous bad guy. Raffi, who plays Bishop, what he did with it was just so much fun. And I think it's such an interesting Legends villain. And she's definitely not prepared. And it's very hard to understand him, I think for her, because he has good intentions, but then he's clearly crazy, but is he a genius or is he just crazy?"

Looking ahead at the rest of the season, Klemmer said love will blossom between a human and alien, but he wouldn't say who.

"There is going to be human-alien romance with the potential to pro-create," he says. "Even though things didn't work out for Gary and Kayla, Legends is going to explore some cross-dimensional love-making. I don't know how else to put it this season. We had our first sci-fi porn cue from our composer, which feels like a real achievement. I'm really proud of it."

Legends of Tomorrow EP on 'Avalance' Surprise and Why Sara Was Abducted
By Vlada Gelman / May 2 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/05/02/legends-of-tomorrow-recap-season-6-episode-1-premiere-sara-ava-engaged/ 

So although “Avalance” is now engaged, the couple is in truly the most long distance of relationships, and finding a way back to each other across space will be a struggle. “It’s not an easy and simple resolution, which I know is going to come as a disappointment to a lot of people,” co-showrunner Phil Klemmer tells TVLine. “Sara and Ava were never expecting to have to do this, but they’re both strong, and they’ve never questioned the foundation of their relationship. So we had to come up with an external pressure, and there’s nothing more pressured than being kidnapped and taken to an alien planet by a psychopathic super genius who had his eyes on Sara as his ultimate prize.”
While Sara is “trying to survive” her new predicament, “Ava’s going to be on a story where she’s trying to recover from Sara’s loss and manage all of this grief and abandonment that’s going to bubble up from the rest of the team in pretty volatile ways,” Klemmer previews.

The pair’s separation is also “not just a little three-episode arc,” Klemmer warns. That said, Sara and Ava’s relationship is still palpable during those distanced episodes. “I feel like even if they’re not together, they exist in one another’s hearts,” Klemmer adds. “I feel like Ava’s story and Sara’s story, even though separate, they really speak to each other in a really romantic way. I feel like being apart from somebody is more romantic than being with them. We all love pining. It’s way sexier!”

As for what Sara’s captor wants with her — Gary was sent to kidnap Captain Lance, but ultimately fell in love with Earthlings — Klemmer says the blonde has several qualities that make her worthy of “the quintessential human” title. “She is a survivor and died countless times, and been turned into a paragon and a quasi-deity, and survived the League of Assassins,” Klemmer notes. “She has this indomitable spirit, and she has walked away from so much tragedy with the ability left in her to love, to believe that life’s OK. I think she was taken for that reason, because space is a big, empty, hostile, deadly place where it’s presumed that only Sara Lance’s spirit could survive.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1