Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, MarkHB said:

The Legendary Ladies, as they call themselves?

You know it.

Also, I just read Canadagraph’s tweets and he said that he’s seen all the actors except Ramona Young shoot scenes for the last two episodes. We’re pretty much assuming Mona is gone, and this is just more evidence that suggests that.

Edited by BaggythePanther
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Proteus said:

Ramona has been filming another show for weeks. Pretty much as soon as she stopped taping Legends.

Good for her.  I liked her fine on LoT but since she's gone I'm glad she's still getting work.

I just heard the weirdest rumor. Some guys on reddit who posts leaks and rumors said he heard J'onn from Supergirl is going to Legends of Tomorrow. Take with a huge grain of salt because this just sounds so random and he seems like an bad fit for the show. I could see Alex, Brainy and Nia fitting in on Legends better. 

That seems like people just thinking that the character will go to Legends because they are not used well on their current show. Unless Legends wants to fill their older man quota left vacant by Stein. But I don't see why he wouldn't still be on Supergirl, granted I haven't watched that show since S2 so I don't know what's happening on it. 

The only one I can really see coming over from Supergirl would probably be Nia. Since Supergirl is about Supergirl. 

J'onn is currently getting a lot of story on Supergirl. He is better used than Alex, who has no story other then an underdeveloped and bland romance. I do think the rumor is almost certainly false. Why leave Supergirl only to go to Legends for half a season?

• LOL 1

I don't see Alex coming over since LoT has Sara and she's getting the exact same treatment as Alex is. She's nothing but a love interest now. 

If J'onn's getting a storyline I don't see him coming to Legends. I mean he could maybe for an episode. I'd rather have smaller crossovers so the Legends can get some development. They are just afterthoughts in the big crossovers. 

• Love 1

Sara and Ava are at least a better couple then Alex and Kelly, who have to be the lamest couple in the arrowverse, but I do think Sara needs something outside that relationship. 

It would be nice to see more small crossovers like they used to have but the annual crossover has gotten so big I think it makes it more difficult. 

On 10/29/2019 at 6:53 PM, Oreo2234 said:

I just heard the weirdest rumor. Some guys on reddit who posts leaks and rumors said he heard J'onn from Supergirl is going to Legends of Tomorrow. Take with a huge grain of salt because this just sounds so random and he seems like an bad fit for the show. I could see Alex, Brainy and Nia fitting in on Legends better. 

I think it really depends on what Sara's power that she will get is and when she gets it.  If it's psychic, telepathic, or anything that would be controlled by her mind, then J'onn would be the natural person to help her.  

• Love 1
On 10/29/2019 at 8:04 PM, Sakura12 said:

Since Supergirl is about Supergirl. 

I guess you really haven't been watching that show...

I can't imagine Jonn will leave Supergirl for any length of time. David Harewood supplies all their angst. 

• Love 1

If Brandon and Dom both leave I can't see it lasting much longer, sadly. Those two and Caity were the only originals left. 😭 On the other hand, Dom has had some very "final" seeming posts before, and I wonder if that's just how he is.

(I know there's always too much speculation about show-hopping when it rarely happens, but if LOT ends I would hold out hope that CL goes to the new GA&TC show. She's the only good Canary we've had!)

• Useful 1

No, nope, naaahhh, not happening. Right? 😭

Why would they want to loose both Ray and Mick in the same season? (Not to mention Nora who has been quite well received). I mean if it's true it might be DP's choice not the producers but.....

I could see S5 being the end of it all but why write out Ray in the middle of it if so? If it's just Mick leaving that leaves just Sara as an original and she's my favourite but I not sure I want to watch with the others and their relationships we have now, nu!Zari pending review. 

I would have thought Constantine would be leaving at the end of 5 after whatever goes down with Astra and if so that's a lot of shake up for an S6. 

I wouldn't mind Sara guesting on the GA/BC show assuming it does make it to air but when LOT ends I'd rather we have the promise of new time travel adventures ongoing just off screen personally. 

Maybe they’re getting ready to announce this is the final season after all.  😭   I was hoping for one more season, to get them to 100 episodes, but with all the changes.....*sighs*

Great, now I’m super depressed. 🤦🏻‍♀️😭😭😭

Wow. I can't believe all the freaking out going on in this thread. Over that one post by Dom? It means nothing imo. The guy didn't imply at all that he's leaving. 

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Proteus said:

Wow. I can't believe all the freaking out going on in this thread. Over that one post by Dom? It means nothing imo.

I think Dom's post just adds to it (for me, at least). Other contributing factors include Brandon Routh leaving LOT, the addition of Batwoman (show) this year, the possible additions of GA&TC and S&LL next year, budgets, ideas, crossover participation/not, etc. One piece in a bigger speculative puzzle. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, shantown said:

I think Dom's post just adds to it (for me, at least). Other contributing factors include Brandon Routh leaving LOT, the addition of Batwoman (show) this year, the possible additions of GA&TC and S&LL next year, budgets, ideas, crossover participation/not, etc. One piece in a bigger speculative puzzle. 

I think you and others are reading into things that aren't there. If you're convinced LOT is ending, then you'll take any little thing as more confirmation. Dom says it's been fun playing Mick. I can't believe that's being looked at as a sign he's leaving. Do you know how much he tweets about PB and getting people hyped up about it coming back when it never does? And as far as new DC shows, not sure why that has to mean anything for LOT when Flash and Supergirl may be ending next year. 

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 2

People have been talking about LoT getting cancelled since Season 1. 

As for Dom leaving I that doesn't seem out of place since they announced Brandon was leaving. With S3 and last season the writers are obliviously not interested in writing for the remaining originals anymore. Sara and Mick  barely had any story about their characters. They are more interested in their new characters and Nate. If Caity sticks around it'll only be because of Avalance and they will probably entice her to stay by letting her direct instead of being in the episode. 

However from last season I don't care as much anymore if they do get cancelled. I'm watching for Sara and if she's just going to be stuck being Ava's love interest then I probably won't be watching it anymore anyway. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

People have been talking about LoT getting cancelled since Season 1. 

As for Dom leaving I that doesn't seem out of place since they announced Brandon was leaving. With S3 and last season the writers are obliviously not interested in writing for the remaining originals anymore. Sara and Mick  barely had any story about their characters. They are more interested in their new characters and Nate. If Caity sticks around it'll only be because of Avalance and they will probably entice her to stay by letting her direct instead of being in the episode. 

However from last season I don't care as much anymore if they do get cancelled. I'm watching for Sara and if she's just going to be stuck being Ava's love interest that I probably won't be watching it anymore anyway. 

There is supposed to be a big story with Sara getting a superpower that they did a whole cover story on EW about.  

12 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I feel like if they were gonna end Legends in season 5 they probably would have announced it by now. 

They would have announced it last spring/summer when Arrow, Supernatural, and The 100 were announced. The shows not ending or being canceled.

Klemmer talked at CC about plans for the next three years. Pedowitz said Legends could go on for years. 

But I know a lot can't stop thinking the end is here.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

They would have announced it last spring/summer when Arrow, Supernatural, and The 100 were announced. The shows not ending or being canceled.

Klemmer talked at CC about plans for the next three years. Pedowitz said Legends could go on for years. 

But I know a lot can't stop thinking the end is here.

Pedowitz always says the show can go on for years. At this point its just empty words. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Not to me when nothing has happened to point to what he said not being true.

Him hyping up the shows at a promo event, saying they can go on for years and 2 monts later you might hear they ending the same show.

If all the departures are actualyl happening this show will also need to be rebranded to be attractive to sponsors. 

I’m pretty sure Dominic is leaving, from those two posts.  If it was just his....but the two together pretty much sound like goodbye.  Whether it was his choice or a “creative decision” like Brandon and Courtney ....🤷🏻‍♀️   They’re shooting 509 right now, so I’m guessing that will be his last episode.😢

As for Legends getting cancelled.....I don’t know.  I was pretty firmly on the side of “a final season would be announced at renewals time”, and I still lean more that way than not, but....my confidence has been shaken a bit. 😕  Guess we’ll see.  

10 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Him hyping up the shows at a promo event, saying they can go on for years and 2 monts later you might hear they ending the same show.

If all the departures are actualyl happening this show will also need to be rebranded to be attractive to sponsors. 

Not sure what you're talking about but so far nothing has happened to say Pedowitz lied.

We already know whose leaving Legends this season. This Dom stuff IMO is being blown out of proportion. Legends will be fine.

3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I’m pretty sure Dominic is leaving, from those two posts.  If it was just his....but the two together pretty much sound like goodbye.  Whether it was his choice or a “creative decision” like Brandon and Courtney ....🤷🏻‍♀️   They’re shooting 509 right now, so I’m guessing that will be his last episode.😢

As for Legends getting cancelled.....I don’t know.  I was pretty firmly on the side of “a final season would be announced at renewals time”, and I still lean more that way than not, but....my confidence has been shaken a bit. 😕  Guess we’ll see.  

Bradon is leaving episode 9. Dom isn't going to be leaving in the same episode. I think you're reading way too much into this.

I don't think you'll be hearing Legends is canceled this season or get a final season announcement next year. The CW has way many shows that are in danger before Legends

Edited by Proteus

If it's ending, maybe it was a relatively recent decision?

It could, if they do some reboots. This was a show that was build on a revolving cast of characters. But they haven't been taking advantage of that much, as well as so much potential on what the show could have been. The show just stopped doing "travelling to the future" storylines, those were my favorite. 

Anything is possible and while it's my favourite of the current CW DC lineup, I do think Legends will be the next Arrowverse show to go before either The Flash or Supergirl.

As for those posts about Dominic, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Mick is the next to go but it might be towards the end of the season. If there's any truth to it, I think we'll know fairly soon though.

• Love 1

Press release for 5x01 is out: 

TUESDAY, JANUARY 21

SEASON PREMIERE

DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

"Meet the Legends" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION - Sara (Caity Lotz), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Mick (Dominic Purcell) are shocked to discover that the Legends have become famous. It seems that everyone except Sara is loving the spotlight, so much so that they invite a documentary crew on board the Waverider to film them as they investigate a strange new blip in the Timeline. The Legends discover that their new problem is none other than Rasputin, who happens to be straight out of hell, and it might be tougher than they thought. Meanwhile, Constantine (Matt Ryan) thinks he knows the reason behind these new blips and informs the team that it won't be easy to defeat. Nick Zano, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Tala Ashe, Jes Macallan and Olivia Swann also star. Kevin Mock directed the episode written by Grainne Godfree & James Eagan (#501). Original airdate 1/21/2020.

https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/01/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-501-meet.html

Sounds like it could be pretty fun. I can imagine the others apart from Sara enjoying the spotlight for once. I assume it's a one episode only thing and not the new normal ala Zari. 

• Love 1

I'm glad they are keeping Sara in character for that. Sara never cared about the glory of being a hero. She just does things because it's the right thing to do. That makes her more heroic to me. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm glad they are keeping Sara in character for that. Sara never cared about the glory of being a hero. She just does things because it's the right thing to do. That makes her more heroic to me. 

Me too. I can't imagine it's something she'd enjoy unless they reset her right back to pre Gambit, I can see Ray, Nate, Mick and Charlie all enjoying it for different reasons. Ray was pretty upset when he realised he was dead and the world just moved on and his legacy was a billboard with "Star City" taking four letters off its name, Nate jumped on being a superhero right away, Mick and Charlie are probably in it for the perks and Mick never had a problem with the notoriety of Heatwave. Although it says Tala Ashe also stars I guess this is credit only still. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION - Sara (Caity Lotz), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Mick (Dominic Purcell) are shocked to discover that the Legends have become famous.

I find it interesting that the originals, who were chosen because of how little they mattered to the timeline, were the last to find out. I’m assuming these three were involved with Crisis shenanigans which is why they were left out of the loop.

3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Sounds like it could be pretty fun. I can imagine the others apart from Sara enjoying the spotlight for once. I assume it's a one episode only thing and not the new normal ala Zari. 

I remember them talking about this at DragonCon. I believe it will be a spoof of the office, with talking heads scenes mixed in with the action. I’m curious to see how Behrad works into all of this. Hopefully since it’s a documentary episode the fake documentary crew will do some background and it’ll explain how Behrad has fit into the revised timeline.

• Love 2

Legends of Tomorrow's Caity Lotz Opens Up About Brandon Routh's Exit
BY KEISHA HATCHETT   JAN 13, 2020 
https://www.tvguide.com/news/legends-of-tomorrow-caity-lotz-brandon-routh-exit/

For Sara Lance (Caity Lotz), who's dealt with her fair share of losses, Ray's departure marks a strange new era in which she'll no longer lean on her endlessly optimistic second-in-command.

"I think if there's anything Sara's become really good at, it is whatever the world will throw at her, she's going to handle. She will accept [it] and she will deal with it," Lotz told TV Guide during the Television Critics Association's winter press tour. "She's seen a lot of teammates go and had to send a lot of people off, like Franz [Dremah]'s character, Firestorm, Wentworth Miller's [Captain Cold] and Victor Garber's [Dr. Martin Stein] — like everybody! So I think she has just come to terms that that's how it goes."

She continued, "But missing Ray will be a big... It'll be weird without him there. I think there's going to be definitely some adjusting that they're going to have to do."

The Legends will also go toe-to-toe with old enemies after Astra Logue (Olivia Swan) released an onslaught of familiar villains like Genghis Khan from hell at the end of Season 4. Meanwhile, Zari (Tala Ashe) will find herself in an entirely different life after altering her past and swapping places with her formerly deceased brother Behrad.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

http://dclegendstv.com/2020/01/17/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-spoilers-miss-me-kiss-me-love-me/

CANOODLING WITH THE ENEMY – When a new blip lands the Legends in 1947 Los Angeles, it puts them on the trail of Benjamin “Bugsy” Siegel (guest star Jonathan Sadowski) who seems to take pleasure in fraternizing with Hollywood Elite. Sara (Caity Lotz), Ray (Brandon Routh) and Constantine (Matt Ryan) devise a plan to capture him while Ava (Jes Macallen) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) sit on the sidelines for the time being. They soon realize that they need to worry less about Bugsy and more about his girlfriend. Ava is struggling with being on the sidelines with Rory. Meanwhile, Nate (Nick Zano) accompanies Behrad (guest star Shayan Sobhian) to his dad’s birthday, where Nate meets Behrad’s sister, Zari (Tala Ashe), who seems familiar to him. Maisie Richardson-Sellers and Olivia Swann also star. David Geddes directed the episode written by Ray Utarnachitt (#502).  Original airdate 2/4/2020. 

Edited by Proteus
  • Love 1

https://www.tvguide.com/news/legends-of-tomorrow-season-5-ava-sharpe-rebellious/

Ava has always been a highly efficient, follow the rules kind of person — I mean, that's what she was created for — so it will be interesting to see how she handles this newfound freedom now that she doesn't have that structured lifestyle the Bureau provided. According to showrunner Phil Klemmer, Ava losing her job will be a good thing and allow her to figure out who she is outside of what she did for a living. "In some ways I think losing the Time Bureau is the best thing that can happen to Ava," Klemmer told TV Guide via email.

But if you're wondering how this will affect her relationship with Sara (Caity Lotz), who's going through a rough time following Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell)'s death in Crisis on Infinite Earths, there's no need to panic. While there will be bumps for the pair along the way, Avalance will continue to thrive this season.

"Obviously, Sara wants [what's] best for her girlfriend. That doesn't mean it will be easy, however," Klemmer continued. "Ava found safety in running a secret government bureaucracy. Now that she's freed of her duty, she has to figure out who she is, and though Sara can support her on this quest, she can't lead her. This season is a bit of a delayed growing pains/rebellious phase for Ava. What comes so naturally for the Legends — screwing around and screwing up, making mistakes — goes against Ava's nature."

Ava's invaluable organizational skills will come in handy when Sara is temporarily called away, but the Legends won't exactly be receptive to the idea of her different approach to handling those pesky time anomalies. The former Time Bureau agent is headed for a clash of the minds, especially with the 'new' Zari (Tala Ashe), whose past was changed at the end of last season after stepping outside of the Temporal Zone to be with Nate. No word yet on when or how we'll meet this radically different Zari, who is poised to rejoin the Waverider.

"The big question of the season is whether Ava and the Legends will be able to meet somewhere in the middle — particularly Ava and 'new Zari,' who couldn't be more different than Ava — not to mention 'old Zari,'" Klemmer explained. "But it's not like we're going to play and Ava/Sara story that questions whether they are going to break up. Who would want to break Sara and Ava up? They're the coolest and we're not stupid."

The Legends will need to be on the same page if they have any hopes of stopping Astra Logue (Olivia Swan), who released their biggest foes, including Genghis Khan and Rasputin, from hell. And while these familiar villains will prove to be a challenge, the gang will also be tested by a few lesser-known baddies, along with an even bigger threat that has yet to be seen.

"In addition to the marquis villains of history, we also explore the more obscure. Some are terrifying, some are silly, at least one is an animal," Klemmer teased. "But by the end of the season, the Legends will encounter a big bad like no other. Whereas we've been tinkering with history for five seasons, a long-slumbering and powerful season 5 big bad who has been pulling the strings from the very beginning will awaken. The question is what will happen when our big bad sees what a mess [they've] made of history."

The return of these well-known villains also opens the door for others to resurface, like Vandal Savage (Casper Crump) or Damien Darhk (Neal McDonough). Klemmer confirmed that we'll definitely see at least one of those familiar faces again this season, but held back any hints about who. If there's one recognizable figure we'd love to see on Legends, however, it's Lucifer (Tom Ellis), whose surprise appearance in Crisis alongside Constantine (Matt Ryan) already has us jonesing for a spin-off with the dynamic duo. If we're going by Klemmer's enthusiastic response, there's a teeny, microscopic speck of hope that we'll see them together on-screen once more.

"I'm on hiatus now. Why aren't the writers and I already working on the show? Is there any chance the CW reads this? If not, please forward them a copy," he said.

Make it so, CW overlords

Edited by Proteus
On 11/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, Featherhat said:

No, nope, naaahhh, not happening. Right? 😭

Why would they want to loose both Ray and Mick in the same season? (Not to mention Nora who has been quite well received). I mean if it's true it might be DP's choice not the producers but.....

I could see S5 being the end of it all but why write out Ray in the middle of it if so? If it's just Mick leaving that leaves just Sara as an original and she's my favourite but I not sure I want to watch with the others and their relationships we have now, nu!Zari pending review. 

I would have thought Constantine would be leaving at the end of 5 after whatever goes down with Astra and if so that's a lot of shake up for an S6. 

I wouldn't mind Sara guesting on the GA/BC show assuming it does make it to air but when LOT ends I'd rather we have the promise of new time travel adventures ongoing just off screen personally. 

I can see Ray and Mick both leaving so Phil Klemmer can push his fav Nate the Stud(NOT) further down throats