Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers & Speculation: Running Hot & Cold

• Start Topic

The writer of the last episode did a Q&A on Twitter. Here's a few tweets about Sara (he answered a lot more questions on his Twitter), mostly about her powers. Hopefully it's not overhype from the writer. Sara/Charlie/John should be interesting.

Q: Which episode is Sara's heavy? As we have 2 Sara's lite episodes already.

A: Yeah, the lighter Sara episodes are a result of the episode Caity directed and crossover production happening pretty much consecutively. 5x09 and 5x11 are Sara heavy episode! #LegendsOfTomorrow

Q: Why do Sara's issues come up very rarely and when they do only through the lense of her relationship with Ava and validating her? Why have all of Sara's relationships with her supposed found family fallen by the wayside?

A: Sara’s grown a lot, so it’s more dramatically satisfying for the writers to challenge that growth through stories with her partner. However, her powers will give her stories oustdide of her relationship. #LegendsOfTomorrow

Q: Are you seriously telling me you and the rest of the writers find nothing worth exploring between Sara and any of her teammates? Including ones she's barely had scenes with for their entire existence on the show?

A: She has a significant story with Charlie in 5x09, and 5x11 is all about her learning her new powers. John plays sidekick in that story. #LegendsOfTomorrow

Q: How many eps caity had to wear glasses and will she at the end of the season don't wear them ? #LegendsOfTomorrow

A: She wears them I think she wears them in about 4 or 5 episode, but I can’t answer the second part of the question, sorry! #LegendsOfTomorrow

Q: Any hint about Sara's power? #LegendsOfTomorrow

A: The event that causes her to receive powers happens in my next episode, 5x09! #LegendsofTomorrow

Q: Will we see Sara’s flashbacks during her time on LOA?Will we see the return of old legends like Rip Hunter,Captain Cold ,Amaya or Jax?.Will Sara’s superpower related to Medusa ?

A: Sara’s powers will have a connection to Greek mythology, but not the Medusa myth. In season 5, you won’t see any of the former. #LegendsOfTomorrow

Edited by lurker22
  • Useful 1

Is Sara going blind? With the having to wear glasses and it being more of a disability than a cool power. I think there was a blind Greek that had the power of premonitions that could take female and male forms. That would tie her to Charlie with shape shifting. 

53 minutes ago, lurker22 said:

Sara’s grown a lot, so it’s more dramatically satisfying for the writers to challenge that growth through stories with her partner.

While I’m curious to see exactly how this power storyline turns out, as a die-hard Sara fan I find this answer to be incredibly depressing/discouraging.  😢Especially in light of how that type of story has tended to play out so far in the show. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Sara’s grown a lot, so it’s more dramatically satisfying for the writers to challenge that growth through stories with her partner.

It's a lot less dramatically satisfying for me to watch as Sara fan. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Is Sara going blind? With the having to wear glasses and it being more of a disability than a cool power. I think there was a blind Greek that had the power of premonitions that could take female and male forms. That would tie her to Charlie with shape shifting. 

Tiresias. The was born a man, became a woman for seven years, and then changed back. The blindness and prophecy came later after he got drawn into an argument between Zeus and Hera about sex.

11 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Is Sara going blind? With the having to wear glasses and it being more of a disability than a cool power.

Sara's going to become Matt Murdock (Daredevil)! He's had some cool moves.

11 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

While I’m curious to see exactly how this power storyline turns out, as a die-hard Sara fan I find this answer to be incredibly depressing/discouraging.  😢Especially in light of how that type of story has tended to play out so far in the show. 

I feel the same way. Why can't they "challenge that growth through stories with her teammates" instead? And keep the friendship going and not drop it after one episode. She barely speaks to them as it is, it would be "more dramatically satisfying" for me as a viewer and Sara fan.

• Love 4
On 2/15/2020 at 5:47 AM, Starfish35 said:

I'm hyped for a Sara storyline but that particular answer was really obnoxious. What it basically said was "we've done all we could with Sara and any other character so it's just Ava, Ava, Ava from now on". And that is supposed to be "creatively challenging"? I would say the one-sided, one-way street relationship woes with Ava have been mined to death at this point.

Sara and any other character would be a welcome respite right now. I mean the best Sara scene, aside from her calling everyone out on being lousy friends, was that cute bit with Behrad, a totally unknown character. That not just a few probably resented in a way because he took Zari's place. And yet he was the only decent friend to Sara for most of the episode so that interaction helped him become endearing as well.

So Sara could possibly getting premonition powers, with a downside of losing her sight? While I enjoy action! Sara, it would be an interesting conundrum for someone like her. Fantasy-wise, warriors don't often get mage-powers and vice versa. Now hopefully this is all explored through her own lens.

• Love 4

Since they changed it from superpower to magical disability, blindness seems the easiest and premonitions is the cheapest. Add that to the writers not caring to write for Sara unless it involves her relationship with Ava. Boring and simple seems like it's exactly what they'd give Sara. She's not important to the story anymore.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Since they changed it from superpower to magical disability, blindness seems the easiest and premonitions is the cheapest. Add that to the writers not caring to write for Sara unless it involves her relationship with Ava. Boring and simple seems like it's exactly what they'd give Sara. She's not important to the story anymore.

It was described as a magical illness/disability that Sara would turn into a positive/super power from the very beginning when it was mentioned last summer.

4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Add that to the writers not caring to write for Sara unless it involves her relationship with Ava. Boring and simple seems like it's exactly what they'd give Sara. She's not important to the story anymore.

The thing is....by all appearances they love Caity and Sara.  So I really don’t understand why they seem to find it so difficult to write for her outside of her relationship.  Right now it feels like they’re giving everything of Sara’s to Ava, and that’s just maddening.  If it weren’t for Zari, who I do still adore, I don’t know that I would stick around once Brandon and Courtney leave.   😢

Sorry.  I’m having a stressful evening, mostly due to other things, and am just venting. 🤯😢

• Love 1

It was called a magical illness during SDCC. More recently Caity called it a disability and seemed less enthusiastic about it. And with her even more recently saying she wants more personal storylines for Sara that isn't about Avalance. I don't have much hope that this "superpower" is going to be anything big for Sara.

It'll probably just be another thing to push her out of leadership position so Ava can take over as Captain. 

• Love 2

Blindness isn't even going to be a problem for Sara in terms of fighting, since she barely fights anymore. And if Caity gets more directing gigs, Sara wouldn't even be involved in regular missions. Ava can just lead the team on her behalf.

Today they mentioned Loom of Fate. Sara's the Paragon of Destiny. Could there be a link here? And Sara's supposed to be part of the Constantine/Charlie storyline later. But it's probably nothing since they throw around the word "destiny" a lot in Arrowerse and it doesn't mean anything.

• Love 1

This is a long article, so you may wish to read the whole thing...

‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Cast and EPs Talk the Future of Sara and Ava
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      FEBRUARY 19, 2020
https://collider.com/legends-of-tomorrow-caity-lotz-phil-klemmer-interview/ 

At a recent L.A. press day for the series, Collider was invited (along with a handful of other media outlets) to chat with the cast and executive producers. During the interviews, co-stars Caity Lotz (“Sara Lance”), Jess Macallan (“Ava”), Maisie Richardson-Sellers (“Charlie”) and Olivia Swann (“Astra”), along with executive producers Phil Klemmer, Keto Shimizu and Grainne Godfree, talked about where things are headed with Sara and Ava, whether we’ll ever learn about what Sara’s business in Star City is, incorporating some of the Hellblazer mythology into John Constantine’s storyline on Legends, the significance of the Loom of Fate, saying goodbye to departing cast members Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford, how Arrow-verse executive producer Marc Guggenheim and actress Caity Lotz fared as first-time directors on the series, and how much fun it is to be on a TV series where seemingly anything goes.
Will we ever find out what Sara’s business in Star City is?
LOTZ: You’ll find out.
We’ve now learned about the existence of the Loom of Fate, which Charlie said she scattered across the multi-verse, but has since sensed that something has changed. Is that a consequence of “Crisis”?
KLEMMER: It is, yeah, which means that it’s not so well hidden any longer. It starts a bit of a race to reclaim the bits of our MacGuffin.

What is its significance?
KLEMMER: It means a lot of things to a lot of different people. In the beginning, it starts out as a very simple thing like, “If we find it, we can do a very discreet one thing.” But as everybody has these personal catastrophes in their lives, everybody starts coming up with little side agendas, and that really complicates things because it can’t be all things to all people, and we don’t ever want to see our Legends trying to kill each other. It’s very interesting to see them with different goals, in a very human sense. If the MacGuffin can only do one thing, of course, everybody’s like, “Well, my thing is the most important, and then we can worry about yours later.” Unfortunately, that’s not how it works.

You’re saying goodbye to Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford, later this season. What was it like to put that together, and how hard was that?
KLEMMER: Frankly, it’s the most terrifying thing you can do, and it’s the thing that you always second guess the most. The thing that it does provide is that it’s really intense. There’s never been more tears shed in editing bays, then Episode 507. It’s funny how the things in the room that you pitch feel like a joke, and if you just heard the log line, it would seem ridiculous, but even the thing that felt like it was dopey and crazy and wacky, when you see it brought to life, it’ll totally bring you to tears. That’s remarkable. That’s how we really feel about each other, and it’s as real on the screen as it is, in real life. That’s our Shakespeare episode, and parting is sweet sorrow. We have to steal from the greats.
How will their departures affect the team?
LOTZ: There’s a Shakespearian episode, where we deal with some of Ray’s departure. The bromance between Nate and Ray is really such a great love story, in that episode. It’s hard for them. He had that blind optimism of, “Everything’s gonna be okay.” In the darkness, he was like the good one. Everybody’s got some darkness and some stuff, and having Ray around, he was the light. There was something really pure and innocent about him, that was good for the group, so to not have that anymore is a little difficult.
Did they throw anything particularly fun or challenging at you, storyline wise?
LOTZ: Yeah, I had a John Woo-style episode, with massive action and something with electric scooters. There was a lot. The episode was humongous. It has two very different storylines happening that are both pretty intense. It was really cool.
What other episode are you most excited about, this season?
SWANN: Maybe Episode 12.

KLEMMER: Yeah, that’s a good one. It’s an old school shape, or a Neighbors 2 shape. It’s a Greek system, college raunch comedy with beer pong. It’s high stakes.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
On February 17, 2020 at 11:35 PM, Sakura12 said:

It was called a magical illness during SDCC. More recently Caity called it a disability and seemed less enthusiastic about it. And with her even more recently saying she wants more personal storylines for Sara that isn't about Avalance. I don't have much hope that this "superpower" is going to be anything big for Sara.

It'll probably just be another thing to push her out of leadership position so Ava can take over as Captain. 

I've never seen Caity say she wants more personal storylines that isn't about Avalance.

5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I've never seen Caity say she wants more personal storylines that isn't about Avalance.

@lurker22 posted the article in the Media & BTS thread. 

While Lotz loves the pair together, she's got slightly conflicted feelings about the pairing in regards to how much it defines Sara's life and what it can be outside of the loved up couple. "It's complicated because sometimes I'm like, 'Can we have a storyline that isn't about her relationship?' That's the only downside. I love the AvaLance and their relationship, it's awesome. But then sometimes when you're like, 'Wait, Sara also still just has issues and things to deal with other than their partner.' Which I'm hoping we get to do some more of that exploration."

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Fine. But she said positive things about Avalance too. I know how much this board hates the pairing but she doesn't.

I’m not sure anyone here was claiming she hated the pairing? 🤔 Just that she wanted storylines that didn’t have to do with the relationship.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

From Matt’s Inside Line:

Will Legends of Tomorrow’s Zari 2.0 ever get Zari 1.0’s memories? Arrow gave Mia Smoak back hers from another reality, even though it was forced upon her. Can Legends do that with Zari, minus the forcing part? –Stephanie
Asked if Zari can get her original persona back — given that she’s “experiencing” parts of her past life (and just this week had “flashes” to donut-themed moments) — exec producer Keto Shimizu says, “Later on in the season, we give it a name: It’s a temporal echo. And that will play into some important moments in the season.”

• Love 1
On 2/19/2020 at 9:49 AM, lurker22 said:

Blindness isn't even going to be a problem for Sara in terms of fighting, since she barely fights anymore. And if Caity gets more directing gigs, Sara wouldn't even be involved in regular missions. Ava can just lead the team on her behalf.

Today they mentioned Loom of Fate. Sara's the Paragon of Destiny. Could there be a link here? And Sara's supposed to be part of the Constantine/Charlie storyline later. But it's probably nothing since they throw around the word "destiny" a lot in Arrowerse and it doesn't mean anything.

Since we now know Charlie is Clotho one of the Greek Goddess of Fate, I want Sara being the Paragon of Destiny to be connected to that. However with the writers saying they don't care about Sara as an individual character I won't be getting that. The "power disability" seems more and more like a throw her a bone storyline and it won't matter too much in the long run. It'll probably end up being about Ava somehow anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Since we now know Charlie is Clotho one of the Greek Goddess of Fate, I want Sara being the Paragon of Destiny to be connected to that. However with the writers saying they don't care about Sara as an individual character I won't be getting that. The "power disability" seems more and more like a throw her a bone storyline and it won't matter too much in the long run. 

Agreed.  It would be really cool if they were connected, but I’ve learned not to get my hopes up after I thought Sara being the bearer of the Death Totem in season three was going to end up meaning more than it did. 😕

From Ask Ausiello bonus scoops:

Legends of Tomorrow

Following this week’s big reveal that Charlie is a Fate, the character will continue to surprise by sharing “an interesting intersection” with the Hell-damned Astra, EP Grainne Godfree teases, before adding, “It’s a crazy storyline. You won’t see it coming. I can guarantee you will not guess.” BONUS SCOOP: Episode 12 will pay sorta-homage to films Old School and Neighbors 2, as the hour centers on the Greek system. Or as EP Phil Klemmer describes it: “Raunch comedy with beer pong.”

Edited by Starfish35
Fixing quote
  • Love 1

Legends Of Tomorrow Producers On Why And How These Main Characters Are Leaving
By Chris E. Hayner | @ChrisHayner on February 27, 2020
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/legends-of-tomorrow-producers-on-why-and-how-these/1100-6473823/ 

It was revealed last August that Brandon Routh and Courtney Ford would be leaving the series--and their characters Ray Palmer and Darhk--behind this season. Now, with their final episode--episode 7, "Romeo v Juliet: Dawn of Justness"--mere weeks away, the show's creative team is shedding some light on how and why the two mainstays will be saying their goodbyes.
"We've always imagined that time on the Waverider was meant to be finite, you know? It was always meant to be halfway home and not a permanent home and that once you've repaired whatever damage you had when you boarded the ship that you probably should make room for another damaged soul," co-showrunner Phil Klemmer said during a group interview. "It's like real life, as well. You know, you have your single friends but when you get into relationships--sorry to break the news to all the people in young relationships who think that life is never gonna change, but it does. There's no way of going through a threshold in life and carrying everything that you had before. You have to forfeit something. And that's the pain and beauty of life."

On the show, Ray and Nora have fallen in love. Based on the way Klemmer explains it, it seems perhaps they'll be departing the show for their own personal happy ending. At the very least, it'll be an emotional departure.

"We like to tell what are more realistic stories, which is that people come together for a time when they need each other and then when they don't need each other anymore, they kind of grow apart," co-showrunner Keto Shimizu elaborated. "And that is definitely the story we're trying to tell with Ray and Nora. And we think it's the way that we build up to their departure. I think it's very loving. It comes from our love of these characters. And it comes from us wanting that story to come to the most satisfying close that we can, both for us as writers, for the actors, and for we hope the audience."

Still, just because "Romeo v Juliet: Dawn of Justness" will see these two characters say their farewell, nothing is necessarily forever on Legends of Tomorrow. Caity Lotz, who plays Sarah Lance on the series, teased, "No one's ever fully gone. That's the magic of these shows, you know? It's ever-evolving, ever-changing. I hope we get them back a bit. And maybe we do, even in this season."

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Brandon Routh's Departure May Be Good For Ray Palmer But it's Bad for Legends of Tomorrow
By RUSS BURLINGAME - March 4, 2020 
https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/03/04/brandon-rouths-departure-bad-for-legends-of-tomorrow/ 

As Ray Palmer (Brandon Routh) and Nora Darhk (Courtney Ford) draw nearer to their final week as regular characters on DC's Legends of Tomorrow, one thing has become more and more clear: the ending that the writers have fashioned for Ray, who has been there since the series pilot, is a good one. It carries weight for Ray as a character and is in some ways the ultimate expression of his philosophy as a character. It looks like Ray Palmer's arc is going to be completed in a narratively satisfying way, and that in the abstract, this will be good for him as a character.

What is less clear, is whether or not the departure will be good for Legends of Tomorrow. It seems unlikely.
In a team filled with insecurity, anger, and greed, Ray Palmer was a ray of sunshine. At first, the most traditional superhero in the lot, The Atom offered a lot of the same positivity and idealism that Superman would have brought if Legends was a superhero show -- something not lost on fans, who were excited way back when Routh was cast on Arrow. He was, after all, Superman on the big screen a few years before the Arrowverse came into being.

Ray's naiveté has often been played for laughs, but what usually comes through is that the Legends writers aren't actually laughing at him, but laughing at the humor that can be created by putting somebody who is that good, that confident, and that open to greater things in a room with trained assassins and quasi-reformed supervillains.
Now, he is headed out -- seemingly by way of a marriage proposal to Nora -- and it makes perfect sense. Not only has Ray found closure with the Legends, along with love and a greater sense of self, but it fulfills a promise that producers made way back in season one: the Waverider is something of a halfway house. The Island of Misfit Superheroes that congregates on board the timeship should, if the Legends are doing things right, eventually find themselves peace and a permanent home somewhere that isn't the Waverider. That's what Ray is doing, and it's something he deserves after nearly a decade (between Arrow and Legends) fighting the good fight.

The hole that Ray and Nora will leave behind, though, will be incredibly difficult to fill. While the Legends do have Nate Heywood (Nick Zano), who embodies a similar heroic ideal to Ray's, their roles on the team are different, and their personalities too. Crucially, Nate is a little cockier, a little more self-involved, and more often the butt of jokes rather than an element of relatively victimless humor like Ray. He's a straightforward hero, yes, but he still has that Legends edge to him.

Sara Lance mourned the death of Oliver Queen in the Crisis, partly because he was one of the only people left alive who remembered her before she got on the Queen's Gambit and her life changed forever. In that same way, Ray is one of the last links to that early iteration of the Legends that wasn't quite sure what it was, but represented the shows that the characters were born out of and featured characters who came into their own in the time before "Raiders of the Lost Art" pushed Legends completely into cloud cuckoolander territory. Yes, he got into the same antics as the rest of the team, but there is something different about Ray, and it's something that the show will have a very difficult time replacing.

Ray Palmer's happily ever after might be great for Ray Palmer, but it's not so great for the Legends of Tomorrow -- the team or the show.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

“The Great British Fake Off” is the title of the April 28 episode of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and while we don’t yet have any photos, we do have a description with some spoilers! Check it out below.

WE’VE GOT COMPANY – With Sara (Caity Lotz) recuperating from her latest battle, Charlie (Maisie Richardson-Sellers) starts to notice something might not be right with her. Still searching for the Loom, Constantine (Matt Ryan) and Zari (Tala Ashe) find themselves trapped in a 1910 boarding house with a slew of out-of-time Encores. Meanwhile, Ava (Jes Macallan), Gary (guest star Gary Tsekhman) and Rory (Dominic Purcell) take a trip while Nate (Nick Zano) and Charlie hold down the Waverider. Olivia Swann also stars. David Geddes directed the episode written by Jackie Canino (#510).  Original airdate 4/28/2020. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Legends of Tomorrow's Maisie Richardson-Sellers Says Charlie's Loyalties Will Be Tested
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 21, 2020
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/legends-tomorrow-maisie-richardson-sellers-fate-or-legend/ 

"It's interesting because it's finally come to a head," Richardson-Sellers told ComicBook.com. "She did it for such a clear reason, and she's defended that reason for thousands of years, and now that very essence of why she did what she did....And now she's being asked to do the one thing that she stood by for this whole time, and try and put it together. But also it's becoming a lot closer to home. You know, as more and more people are losing people, as more and more people are suffering because of the loom and because of her sisters, she's realizing that she's going to have no choice but to confront them at some time."

If that sounds dangerous, it is: expect the last few episodes of Season Five to be wild, high-stakes stuff, with very few possibilities fully off the table. To keep things from going from bad to worse, it will be necessary for Charlie to step up.

"I think that's absolutely terrifying for her, because she knows the power of these two women unlike anyone else does," Richardson-Sellers added. "She knows everyone else seems to be pretty confident about it. They feel pretty prepared. And she's the only one who's trying to make them realize the gravity of what could happen, and the fact that this could change all that reality forever. So it's a very stressful position for her to be in, and it will definitely start taking their toll on her, and also on her mental health. And you sort of see her crumbling a bit throughout this episode, as she's forced to decide who is she at her core. Is she a Fate or is she a Legend? That comes to a head by the end of this episode, and even more so throughout the rest of the season."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

So I guess Sara is going blind or she needs glasses because she's got Cyclops powers and shoots beams of light out of her eyes. Her eyes did glow when Atropos showed her true form. Maybe she absorbed some the Fates powers. 

Legends of Tomorrow: Marc Guggenheim Reveals Awesome Practical Effects From The Star Trek Episode
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 24, 2020
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/legends-of-tomorrow-marc-guggenheim-reveals-awesome-practical-ef/ 

In the latest trailer for the second half of DC's Legends of Tomorrow's fifth season, fans learned that the upcoming episode "The One Where We're Trapped On TV" will feature a send-up of Star Trek, as well as nods to Friends and likely other TV shows from the past. The Star Trek sequence, called "Star Trip" in the world of Legends, will feature some throwback, practical effects, including using models of the Waverider against a green screen instead of doing a CGI version. Series co-creator Marc Guggenheim, who directed the episode, took to social media today to share a brief clip of the model Waverider being shot against a green screen background for the "Star Trip" segment.

w4bennjvae941.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

(pic source)

• Love 1

I don't know except for the 2 that wanted to leave VG and KL, the rest seem to have left on bad terms with the producers. CR, FD and BR. So this revolving door thing only works if the actors are aware of it. Not just suddenly being told they are done writing for your character. 

• Love 4
On 5/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, Sakura12 said:

I don't know except for the 2 that wanted to leave VG and KL, the rest seem to have left on bad terms with the producers. CR, FD and BR. So this revolving door thing only works if the actors are aware of it. Not just suddenly being told they are done writing for your character. 

I may be dense, but who is KL?

I hadn't heard that Ciara Renee left on bad terms with the producers.  I have a feeling that she may have come to the understanding that being a regular on network TV isn't for her; she very much strikes me as someone whose home is the New York stage. Unless she had gone into it thinking there would be decent scripts....

2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

who is KL?

Keiynan Lonsdale.   It took me a minute too.

Maybe I’m living under a rock (probably), but I didn’t know either Ciara Renee or Franz Drameh left on bad terms.  Brandon’s and Courtney’s unhappiness with the decision is well documented at this point, but I didn’t know about anyone else.  

• Love 1

Franz Drameh is sort of up in the air. 

I don't think he said anything publicly bad about the producers like BR and CF but there was the fact that we weren't expecting him to leave because they'd spent a lot of time giving him an arc of becoming a solo hero without Firestorm and suddenly he was leaving. And it seemed like they might have wanted to move Wally over so decided to get rid of the other young black male character to make room for him. 

He'd also had a physical altercation over the summer in London and was having a baby so both things might have contributed to him leaving in different ways. He came back to finish off Jax's story so it can't have been under a huge cloud. 

Tala Ashe's statement is so vague it could mean anything and nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if some characters left but also if they kept it stable after a few departures this season. 

(edited)

Legends' Nick Zano Previews Greek Row Episode, Ponders Nate's Many Losses and His Feelings for Zari 2.0

When it comes to heartache, Legends of Tomorrow‘s Nate has been through plenty of it, having said goodbye to several family members, buddies and girlfriends. But thankfully, this Tuesday’s installment (The CW, 9/8c) gives him a reprieve as Nate finds himself becoming a frat bro under the kind of wacky circumstances that only Legends can pull off.

Read on as star Nick Zano previews the “high-stakes comedy” episode and where the Nate/Zari 2.0/Constantine triangle might be headed.

I thought this was interesting; sounds like they’re downplaying the Nate/Zari relationship for now.

TVLINE | I’m worried that he’s going get his heart broken again by Zari 2.0, because she doesn’t seem as smitten as he is — or is she just not letting herself go there because he is Behrad’s best friend?
At this point in the season, I think Nate has detached from Zari 2.0. It’s complicated, because you have the love of your life, and they’re gone, and now the shell of the person is there with a different operating system. It took a while, this season, for Nate to get past it, but there are still moments where you get lost in a set of eyes, like Nate gets lost in those familiar eyes of his Zari, but it’s not his Zari. It’s a very complicated dynamic, that is for damn sure!

TVLINE | There is something very charming about Nate and this version of Zari, though. Is there any hope at all for the two of them?
I don’t know. The thing about our show is, we’re all on a ship together in a temporal zone. It’s only a matter of time [until] human nature takes over, and we start pairing up. I don’t know. We don’t have that many episodes left, and I think you may get your answer in that window of time.

TVLINE | Speaking of pairings, Zari and Constantine had an interesting almost-kiss moment a couple episodes ago. Does Nate pick up on any vibe between the two of them?
A little bit, but circumstances happen throughout the following episodes of the season that kind of remove him from it. It’s fun just watching Tala [Ashe] and Matt [Ryan] do their thing, because they both have extensive theater backgrounds, and their characters are polar [opposites], and I do enjoy polarities in romantic relationships on screen. So it’s kind of fun, as a viewer in the scenes, to watch them kind of do their thing. They’re both very talented, and they’re doing really great stuff with it. And I also like to watch them geek out on Shakespeare because they both went to Shakespeare camp.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

And this, from this upcoming episode:

There’s one scene, in particular, that’s my favorite scene from the episode, where [they’re] having a very serious, very rooted-in-reality scene that’s emotion-filled, and Shotgun Nate comes barreling up, and it was such a polar opposite of what was happening in the scene before he walked up that I came into it hot. I just went for it, and I just brought it all to Maisie [Richardson-Sellers]. I saw the rough cut, [and] I think they could not cut out Maisie laughing. If you look close, you’re going to see Maisie losing it right before the cut.

I’ll have to watch for that. 😄

• Love 1

I haven't heard anything about Osric Chau since the crossover. Wasn't he expected to be on Legends in the later half of the season? Did I totally make up that rumor? I wouldn't mind them finding a place for him aboard the Waverider!

(edited)

That makes me think though. I feel a little uncomfortable even saying this, but..as much as I do love how the show has been become increasingly female-led (and I would love it if they kept Astra around for next season), I feel like we’re getting pretty sparse in the male character department.  I mean, part of me says “fair’s fair”. After all, when the show started we had six male regulars to two female, and now that ratio is almost flipped (five to three).  But on the other hand.....I don’t know.   Maybe it’s just that I’m not really Nate’s biggest fan, John and Mick are usually kind of off in their own storylines (or holding up the wall, in Mick’s case), and, well....Gary. 🙄  

Or maybe it’s just that Ray leaving has left a bigger hole than I anticipated.  Especially being immediately followed by the loss of Behrad.  😢

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 4

I do find it interesting that this show, which has the most "revolving door" setup of any of the Arrowverse, is the one where people don't seem to want to leave. People speculate about Melissa Benoist wanting out after next year (a baby, husband with a job elsewhere, job prospects) and Grant Gustin has been more vocal of late about missed opportunities because of filming the Flash so much of the year in Vancouver. But aside from the occasional speculation that Dom Purcell is on the way out, everyone in the LoT cast seems to want to stick around.

• Love 1